Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Tallahassee 3 stars

3333 Thomasville Road, Tallahassee, FL 32308, USA

#19 of 47 hotels in Tallahassee

Very disapointed
    • Queen Room

The lobby flooded when it rained, the elevator door didn't open on the 4th floor one night. The milk was soured in all 3 metal containers the first morning. My room came with breakfast but didn't receive the coupons until I showed them on my phone the conformation that showed I did. Very disappointed.

Great stay

The actually best part of the stay was the the kindness, and attention to details shown by the attendees ERIEL she was overly polite to all the guests. She is a special addition for your company.

Had a great time with friends hotel was nice
    • Executive King Room

Hillary @breakfast buffet was very offensive. She told us the price of the buffet before even asking us if we were on the list for complimentary. I am not sure if it was because we were African American. She did not do that to other guests. Also allowed a guest food without paying.

Comfortable bed. Great selection@buffet. Everyone @front desk was very pleasant. Kelvin @the breakfast buffet was great!

Too expensive for what it offers

The hosts the first day was not welcoming. The room are pretty small and the Hilton Honors program did nothing for our stay.

The bed was comfortable. The location was important for our trip, graduation weekend.

It was okay.
    • Queen Room

Check in was @ 3pm. We checked in @ 3pm & was assigned a room that was not ready (beds were not made). We returned to the front desk, was assigned a different room & promised a free breakfast voucher for our trouble however, when we asked for the voucher at breakfast the next morning, there was no voucher & we were told that they did not do that.

Breakfast food & variety was great!!

overall our stay was delightful
    • Queen Room

We had to go to the desk to have our room keys recharged or keyed several times.

The hallways were always fresh and lightly scented the carpet design and lobby was delightfully decorated , the rooms were clean especially the bathroom, the room itself was spacious and comfortable and the gym had towels water and good equipment for my morning workout. the entire staff from the desk to housekeeping , the restaurant staff everyone was very friendly and accommodating.

Soft king size bed.

Housekeeping was loud but I don't know their schedule so I can't really complain. Booking.com said hotel has free breakfast... had to pay $11.99 per person but didn't have breakfast. I hope I didn't pay for breakfast when I booked.

Soft king size bed. Hot/warm water. A thermostat for easy changing of temp in room.

Make sure you know what you’ve been paid for.
    • Queen Room

The sink in our bathroom sprayed everywhere, all over the counter, we had to wash our hands in the bath tub. Some of the staff members were really great, others were not. Overall, the stay was just sort of sub par for the price. My husband and I paid extra on the room rate specifically for breakfast in the morning, when we made it down to eat around 7:30am the young lady at the front counter told us we weren’t on the “list”. When I told her we paid extra for breakfast and our confirmation said it was included she basically told us that her confirmation would be the same as our confirtnation and it didn’t include breakfast. I went back up to the room to get my phone and show her our email confirtmation that clearly stated that breakfast was included. When I came back down and showed her, I told her I wasn’t trying to be a pain, we just had specifically paid extra for breakfast. She looked at the email confirmation and said, “I’ll get you breakfast tickets.” While seeming very annoyed with us. Now, I understand good and well that this wasn’t her fault, it was most likely Hilton’s, which is why my husband and I were very cordial with her the entire time this was happening. However, it was VERY irritating that she didn’t even bother to say “I’m sorry for the inconvenience,” or anything of that nature. We’re both very kind people who understand that things happen so something out of her mouth would have been nice... even just “enjoy your breakfast.” We proceeded to get our breakfast but the whole time felt like we were the inconvenience and like we were swindling somebody even though we paid $10 extra on our room rate for it. It was just a very frustrating situation and it would have been nice to not feel like we inconvenienced someone just to get the breakfast we paid for. We will probably stay next door at the holiday inn next visit time we visit in a couple weeks.

The beds were extremely comfortable; nice and firm, great for a bad back. The facility was very clean from the lobby to the room, they have a grill and bar in the evenings.

Hotel was very clean.
    • Queen Room

No Free breakfast. Location a little hard to find but once you did, it was ok. A/C leaking and Sink stopper was not properly installed. I had to take it out so the sink could drain.

Hotel was very clean.

Pet fee too large.

I needed to know the pet fee was $50 before I reserved the room. Our room had red stains in the carpet and the carpet outside the room was severely spotted.

we were returning from hurricane evacuation after a...
    • Queen Room

we were returning from hurricane evacuation after a nerve-wracking trip with long gas lines and limited access to restaurants/fast food. the desk staff was welcoming at 9 pm. All I asked for

Could've been better
    • Queen Room

First encounter with staff. Arrived close to 5 check in is at 3, receptionist complains about how house keeping should've been finished cleaning our room, she looks at me asks you would not mind waiting right? I said yes I would we've been driving for 7 hours. So she says oh yes I understand then if you don't mind I'll switch rooms (if it was always an option why throw your team under the bus-highly unprofesdional). Beds were ROCK hard couldn't sleep. It was hard settling into this hotel after staying at an amazing Inn.

The Lobby and cleanliness

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

Last Minute Relax

It was really a good stay, my first time. There wasn't anything I really didn't like. TV could have been a little bigger, bed a little softer, lobby was a good and inviting area. However looks a little crowded in eating area, but it was all good.

Room décor was nice. The hotel was beautiful. Television was good could have been a little bit bigger. I found the chair in the room comfortable. The bed was okay, little firm. The breakfast was good. Staff was really nice. The hotel was quiet and located in a good place.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

pleasantly surprised
    • Queen Room

I hesitated on the price, but was very pleased with the quality of the hotel.

Very clean and modern. Like a brand new building. The breakfast was great (and it was free with my booking)

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

This was extremely close to stores and restaurants.
    • Queen Room

The rooms were not ready when we arrived. We left and came back at 6 pm and they still did not have the rooms ready. We also continually had problems with our key card and often could not get in the room. We noticed that other guess were having the same problem.

This was extremely close to stores and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Hope you don't need WIFI
    • Queen Room

The WIFI was out for two days. We kept asking the staff to fix it and they would re-boot the machine, but only on Thursday (when a business meeting was going on) did we have WIFI. Also, we really didn't like that there wasn't a free breakfast. Luckily there is a McDonald's close by. The lighting in the room was also poor. We were in room 112 and there just wasn't good light. Back to Hampton Inns for us.

• Reviewed: 18 November 2016

Good Value for Homecoming Weekend!!
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

Charge my credit card and I was going to pay cash!Then the guy cancelled the charge and then recharge because it was going to take 2-3 days to clear ending up tying up $650 on my account!😳😡

Room was clean and the Bed was comfortable.

The staff was friendly and made sure we were good
    • Queen Room

When we arrived to check in we did not receive our room keys and to have someone let us in the room, we went out that night getting back to hotel around 2am the keys were provided and still didn't work after the 3rd set of keys someone finally came to let us in our room, we finally got working keys the next day

The staff was friendly and made sure we were good

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Disappointed

The price was way to high for the room. The bed was like a rock and you couldn't change the setting. The TV was very small again for the piece of the room.

The location was ideal.but the price for what we got wasn't

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

Nice Facilty , food at breakfast was great.
    • Queen Room

The bartender at night told me she was about to close but would make me a drink if I could make up my mind fast.She started to make a drink , stopped half way .. Then proceeded to check on a couple at the bar that she clearly felt were more important .. They asked to charge their bill .. She went over to the front desk for 5 minutes or so while I stood there. I told her that I asked for a drink before their rqst to pay however she still made me wait.I paid my $10 in cash for the drink and went to my room but she was extremely rude and I was just taken back by how she presented herself.

The breakfast staff and morning staff the day we checked out were all excellent .. Very friendly.

I don’t like that the prices are raised 200% for a specific...

I don’t like that the prices are raised 200% for a specific weekend

comfortable place to stay for the night.

Loud above room

breakfast was well done

We came up for the Garnetand Golf game and were very happy with the accommodations.

Breakfast and friendliness of the staff.

Pillows were a bit bulky.

Pillows were a bit bulky. Like flatter pillows

Met our needs and we got about what we paid for.
    • Queen Room

It’s kind of old and dated hotel.

Staff had good and acommodating attitude. Resonable price for breakfast.

The breakfast was excellent

The breakfast was excellent

Good
    • Queen Room

That breakfast is $11. And there is not another choice for people who might just eat cereal

its an ok hotel off I-10 far from downtown
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

no free breakfast!! only 1 elevator for guests AND staff ... very slow and inconvenient.

location snd comfort.

very good
    • Queen Room

everything was good, the Manager was extremly friendly, I think Kaylvin was his Name

As usual my stay was wonderful, breakfast was wonderful, beds were comfortable, everything was clean

Very welcoming

I was very pleased over all
    • Queen Room

Staff was very friendly and willing to resolve anything

Couldn’t have asked for a better hotel stay.

The staff so very friendly and super attentive.

Evacuated from Hurricane Irma. This was a good refuge on our way home.

LOCATION

I enjoy my stay and would highly recommend
    • Queen Room

It is a very nice place to stay, it is close to freeway and easy access to cii enjoy my stay ty center

Good Location

Nice loacation

Hilton Garden Tally

No free breakfast.

Great location and reasonably priced.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Graduation

Breakfast, service

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

The atmosphere

TheY charge the bill to my credit card. After I told them I was paying cash.

The atmosphere

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Rom was not made up till530

Rom was not made up till530

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Awesome hotel!
    • Queen Room

A little hard to find from google maps.

Friendly staff and great atmosphere.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

in and out

No complimentary breakfast

Let me check in early

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

Will be scouting other hotels going forward.

Broken TV. Not very clean.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

Conviently located

The ac did not work well. The room never cooled down. No air in the bathroom.

Conviently located

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

Not as nice as we expected for the price
    • Queen Room

One really rude staff member. It wasn't really worth the money, no breakfast or anything.

• Reviewed: 24 April 2016

it was close to the hightway

we arrived to hotel late at night after a long drive. they couldn't locate our hotel tonight reservation, saying the fax didn't arrive. They were not interested in seeing our inline booking confirmation and said we(we, not them) need to call booking .com to straighten it out We had to wait close to 40 min to check in to our room after a very long drive. If these hotels dont want to work with booking or do not prefer guests who book online, they should say so, rather than inconveniencing them about their stay

it was close to the hightway

• Reviewed: 7 March 2016

The bed was nice & firm.

$14.95 ea. charge for breakfast. Should be complimentary! We went to the Village Inn instead! Also, they charged me $6 for a small Snickers bar & a small bottle of water. Highway robbery in my opinion!

The bed was nice & firm. TV worked fine. Room was clean & smelled clean.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2016

Great staff especially Marisa, Jeremiah and Kelvin.

Horrible evening time with soccer players running up and down the hall way ALL night. Both nights had to call front desk multiple times. Will never stay anywhere again where this behavior is tolerated!

Great staff especially Marisa, Jeremiah and Kelvin.

• Reviewed: 4 February 2016

The staff was friendly and very helpful.

We arrived at the wrong hotel to begin with because we looked up Hilton Garden Hotel on GPS and didn't realize there were two of them in Tallahassee. So that was a little awkward.

The staff was friendly and very helpful. They had complimentary coffee which I find an essential for any hotel. The hotel room was clean and spacious - we had everything we needed for a relaxing stay. The price was good for a room of this quality. I was glad the hotel had an in house restaurant because we ate there and the food was very good.

• Reviewed: 3 January 2016

The staff at this hotel could not be kinder.

This hotel is a bit difficult to find as signs can't be seen from the road, and it's located behind a bank. On the bright side, it's far from the road and thus very quiet.

The staff at this hotel could not be kinder. We stayed here last year and had the same good experience. For example, I came downstairs to purchase a bottle of water, and the woman behind the desk said, "It's on the house." I also like the nice Keurig coffee makers in the room and the availability of various coffee flavors and cremes downstairs. The firmness of the beds are also adjustable, but the controls are a bit hidden on the side of the mattress. Overall, a nice place to stay.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2015

I think is was Djuan band Tracy of the staff were excellent...

Elevator and shower head were broken

I think is was Djuan band Tracy of the staff were excellent at getting me the thing I needed. They were extra friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 16 July 2015

They charged me the reg rate not the bookings rate.

They charged me the reg rate not the bookings rate. When I brought this to their attention they said they would adjust my acct. they changed it from $505 to $358 but the bookings rate was $318. I never got a copy of my bill. They said that would come from bookings but I never did get a copy of the Bill. I want a copy of the bill & an explanation of the price difference

• Reviewed: 5 January 2015

I was thoroughly impressed with the professionalism and...

The hotel is not easy to locate as it isn't visible from the road--a GPS or good directions are a must. The hotel itself is in need of some updating--it had a 80's feel about it. We wish we had known that the mattress was adjustable--it would be good if receptionist let patrons know. (Although, they do have a sign on the counter--but we didn't notice it until the second night.) Unfortunately, my side of the mattress seemed to lose its firmness by morning.

I was thoroughly impressed with the professionalism and friendliness of every single staff member we dealt with--from receptionists to cleaners. My husband and I appreciated the Keurig coffee maker, and the staff was happy to supply extra capsules at our request. The room was spacious and quiet. I also liked the Neutrogena bath products. We would definitely stay here again when in town.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2015

Very well maintained & comfortable with a friendly staff...

Very well maintained & comfortable with a friendly staff made our stay a pleasure.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2015

Loved the bedding, especially pillows were divinely...

Loved the bedding, especially pillows were divinely comfortable!!

There are also 34 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.