Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District 3 stars

1700 East 9th Avenue, Tampa, FL 33605, USA

#43 of 120 hotels in Tampa

Don’t understand charging .

Don’t understand charging .I booked room for$ 186.4 whatever plus tax $ 22 something . Finally price was $222.94 plus charge me $2,83 and $ 10 for what.

Great hotel
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible

When we arrived our booking had not been received. The town was full. They had one night available booking.com you need to contact me and discuss the problems we incurred due to your mistake

The location is fantastic and the rooms well appoint

On check in we were told that breakfast was not included, it was only when we went to our room and I checked on our booking.com confirmation that I could clearly see that breakfast was within the date. When I asked the desk team they said ‘sometimes we can’t see what’s included’ !!!!

The location is fantastic and the rooms well appoint

OK.
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The air conditioning cycled on every 20 mins or so throughout the night and the fan was very noisy, so we had a poor and interrupted night's sleep!

Most aspects were fine; room size, bed, fixtures and fittings, bathroom, etc

Bang for your buck
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Air conditioner randomly turns on and off a bit distracting when trying to sleep but you get over it after awhile

Clean and very close to everything. It’s a great price for a great location . Wonderful staff

My stay was comfortable and quiet.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I was disappointed that we had to pay extra for breakfast and to park our car. There was also urine dried on the toilet under the seat. The air-conditioning kicking on and off was a little loud.

The hotel was very modern. I loved the Decour. I loved the handy towel rack in the shower. The breakfast was delicious.

Great location, priced ridiculously.

Price... also didn’t include breakfast at >$250/night

While the Hilton Garden Inn was a great location, it was far too expensive for what you got. Price was more typical of a NYC hotel.

Very clean comfortable room.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Very clean comfortable room. Non-inclusive breakfast was quite good. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Excellent location in Ybor Historic District. Was very close to Amalie Arena where we went to a concert.

Friendly bar experience.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Coffee--I believe that it is not necessary to serve free coffee (nominal room charge is fine) but if you do, it should reflect the overall quality of the hotel and not be substandard. Coffee both days was lukewarm and of poor quality due to excessive length in the hotpot.

Friendly bar experience. Bartender was personable and we were able to speak with fellow travelers

Good but mostly bad
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Price was high, parking fee high, a/c in room was extremely loud and could not sleep due to unit turning on and off every 10 minutes that was very very inconvenient because we did not sleep.

Close to Ibor City, nice beds

Exhausting due to not sleeping.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

We traveled with three people. The double room I booked was awefull. The beds are not queen beds and barely double beds. Very, very, very small beds. My wife and I were not able to get comfortable due to the bed being so small in width. I enjoy sleeping close to my wife but we could not get the air condition to cool down enough to keep us cool. For $283 per night, I was very disappointed. Three nights of discomfort. Would not recommend this double room to anyone.

Easy walk to main area of Ybor.

The air conditioner was very noisy and didn’t do a very good...
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The air conditioner was very noisy and didn’t do a very good job of keeping the room at a constant temperature. Every time the AC came on it was loud enough to wake us up...and it turned on and add all night long because it was never a steady temperature.

The staff was very friendly and microwave n coffee machine...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff was very friendly and microwave n coffee machine is good for me. The room was very clean. The gym was opened 24hours. The Yvor hisroric district was so close

Perfect home-base for exploring Ybor City.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The AC unit in room 223 was kind of wonky. Would turn on and off and on and off rapidly, kept waking me up. Parking lot fills-up quickly at night.

Great location, near the nightlife but not right on top of the crowds. Staff were friendly and free coffee in the morning helped.

Nice place to stay in a truly beautiful area
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Honestly I can barely even think of little things, it's a great place in a great location, highly recommended.

The area around this hotel is just wonderful. Ybor City is so beautiful and friendly I could honestly just move out there. so many beautiful bars and restaurants within walking distance of this hotel. The staff are all wonderful, especially the manager (I believe his name was Ed), really friendly. The room itself is standard Hilton, so pretty good really. The toilet cistern for some reason took a REALLY long time to fill back up but that's about all I can think of that wasn't great. The breakfast was terrific value for money and I'd recommend it to anyone. All-you-can-eat buffet and also they come and take your orders for other things too. I recommend the omelette with everything. Beautiful!

Great place to stay and would stay again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The rooms had sugar ants

The breakfast was delicious and the location was perfect for what we wanted which was to be downtown Ybor and enjoy the night life.

Loved it except issue mentioned above
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

We were told the ride from the airport to the facility was included but we were charged 31.00 which was not expected and did not make us very happy and would like a refund we would love to use your business again when in the area. My children loved it

The staff was amazing and everyone was super accomodating...
    • One-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Using booking.com had different suites paid for and booked than the hotel did which caused so much complication that it almost ruined the vacation (Bridal weekend).

The staff was amazing and everyone was super accomodating despite the difficulties cause through booking.com

Booking does not do a great job of making sure a customer...
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible

Booking does not do a great job of making sure a customer gets the right bed, so my partner and I ended up in a double room. This isn't the first time or hotel it has happened at, so I know it is an error with Booking.com.

It was short; one day. But, it could have been better.

Frig. broke down. Also, when I called in am to request late check out; the female told me that "they had a lot going on" and could not extend late check out. Upon checking out, the parking was very empty. What was going on and the basis of not granting my request for a late check out. I believe the woman who I spoke with was a black female; she was the only female wording the desk when we checked out. The firearm went off in the middle of the night; I could not get back to sleep for hours.

Professional employees upon my checking in. Was not aware there was a charge for parking.

The best part of this hotel was the very...

Having to pay to park my car in an open lot at hotel. Also, there was no complimentary breakfast.

The best part of this hotel was the very friendly/helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Confortable bed, large room, large toilet, very clean, good...
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

My room was in front of the gym. The constant sound of the gym door closing was really annoying. Hotel is located near the main street of Ybor city, which is good as long as one likes Ybor city. That was not my case.

Confortable bed, large room, large toilet, very clean, good breakfast, nice staff

Comfortable hotel in heart of Ybor

Hotel wanted to charge us for parking on site per night. Didn't see that in the hotel listing, but may have been my error. No free parking anywhere in the immediate area. Loud people laying in hallway after 2am. Called front desk, problem addressed, noise stopped, started again at 3am. Party town hotel issues, to be expected..

Location one block from center of Ybor, close to bars, restaurants and tram, comfortable room, great bed, in room fridge.

Great location!!

The buffet area is taken care of by a woman taking orders for coffee and any made to order requests. First time I've ever seen a server at a buffet breakfast, but went with the flow. The server experience left little to be desired. She asks what you'd like so quickly as if in a rush making the experience extremely uneasy. I witnessed her dealing with other guests and several asked her what it was she said because of how quickly she spoke....you feel rushed for an answer and even confused! I'll be back to stay and would do the breakfast again, but if the same woman is there I will buy breakfast elsewhere.

The buffet breakfast, $10.95 pp, is delicious with made to order options....good variety. The room was spotless, bed comfortable and the location perfect. No need to use your car, everything is within walking distance and only minutes away. The staff was very polite and helpful, would give a more personal mention to the gentleman at front desk but he wasn't wearing a name tag. All in all, great place and I will be back!

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Okay, but not great.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The carpet was damp and one lamp appeared to have a short. Extra charge for parking. Overpriced breakfast that other hotels would have included for free.

Very nice staff.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

It was a special stay although we were there for only 2 days.

Freshly boiled water for our black tea at breakfast....but then, we are British!

Great staff.... very friendly, extra bathroom staff like shower cap, mouthwash etc. Quite small and so it felt more homely and welcoming. We stayed in many hotels on our trip to the USA ands this was definitely one of the better hotels.

The hotel was perfect for my weekend needs! Great stay!

The room was very clean! The location was perfect to downtown Ybor City! The employees were friendly & helpful! I would definitely stay in the future!

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

The beds are listed as queen size and they are not.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The beds are listed as queen size and they are not. I would not have booked a room had I known it was 2 full size beds instead of 2 Queens. Very uncomfortable

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

Nice place. Neat area.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I chose this location because my search on this site said they had an airport shuttle. They do not... The breakfast buffet did not look appetizing, didn't have many items to choose from, and was not worth the price they were asking. The attendant/cashier/waitress had a snotty attitude since I had shown up 15 minutes before it ended. I took a short walk and ate elsewhere.

The free range chickens roaming around town was an added bonus. Fun to watch in the park nearby. Couldn't help but laugh each time we heard a rooster while out walking around... Oh, and the hotel seemed nice. Many restaurants/pubs within walking distance.

Its Party time
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The rates could have been better.

I love this hotel. This is my second time staying on the property. The staff is very friendly and cater to your needs. We were about a 3 minute drive to Channelside which the Hilton van will drop and pick you back up. You are in the heart of Ybor just 2 blocks from all the bars and clubs

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

Good hotel in great location.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

General update on the hotel to bring it up to speed.

Nice looking hotel that could do with a makeover, although it was very clean just needed updating. Great location for Ybor and the surrounding area.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

Nice place to stay near Ybor

The a/c was pretty loud when it comes on, but worked well. We bought the breakfast in the morning and it was ok, the scrambled eggs were runny for my taste, but you can also have an omelette made, which we did not.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location is great, right off the highway and near at Ybor. Room and bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

Excellent staff makes up for a few shortcomings
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The parking situation is poor. There are not enough spaces for the number of rooms and the slots are so small that a person with a large vehicle might have trouble getting in and out of their car, let alone maneuver into the spot in the first place. The lot dead ends too so you have to back out if it turns out there aren't spaces. The other drawback is the AC is extremely noisy and there was no way to turn it off.

Breakfast is awesome- made to order omelet especially, and the waitress was super friendly and efficient. The hotel is within walking distance of several excellent restaurants.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Awesome location, amazing sleep!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Technology seemed out of date, not entirely cramping my style, but I did get locked out on the second day of my stay due to their systems restarting for the day. Not sure what the case was, but I had to essentially re-check in. Not much to complain about but hopefully this will encourage their fixing of such.

Awesome location, amazing sleep!

Awesome!
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

We have a F150 Truck and the parking lot was very tight to fit but I understand the limited space.

The staff was extra helpful and very nice. I really enjoyed my stay with the Hilton Gardens.

Clean rooms and friendly staff
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Security kept complaining about noise and we were not that loud

Clean rooms and friendly staff

Great stay at a great location

Dont like paying for parking. The room is already x amount of dollars.

Location was great, bed was excellent

Location and friendly staff

Parking Paid to park and had to park on the street

Location and friendly staff

Restaurant staff.

Paying for parking. Front desk staff not knowledgeable about surroundings restaurant etc.

Restaurant staff. Exercise room.

Close to ybor downtown very clean
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible

At midnight another person waa entering oir room due to night guy dble booking our room

Close to ybor downtown very clean

The location is fantastic...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Parking should be free...

Location in Historic Ybor City... walking distance to The Columbia Restaurant... one of the best in USA....

Great stopover

Ybor City is fab and this place is ideal

Breakfast wasn’t worth 10.

Breakfast wasn’t worth 10.95

Great stay

Gym was under construction

Great place
    • One-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

THe location

We had a lot of problems with the bathroom.

We had a lot of problems with the bathroom. It will not flush even thou they came and supposedly fixed it.

Efficient and very clean.
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible

Bar could have opened at 4 instead of 5 p.m.

Bar in the lobby.

I was not advised in advance that there was a $12.
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I was not advised in advance that there was a $12.00 parking fee.

Breakfast was kinda expensive for what is was

Breakfast was kinda expensive for what is was

Fine and dandy.

Wish breakfast were included.

Location was excellent. Room was good.

Friendly helpful staff, reccomended some great places in the neighborhood. Room was comfy and clean.
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Didn’t dislike anything during our stay

Friendly staff. Beautiful property. Cool decor

Ex9

Tell us ahead of time about all the taxes they charge.

The a/c wasn’t working

The a/c wasn’t working

Breakfast Kinda sucks

Breakfast Kinda sucks

Have stayed there before and hope to do so again 😀

Room was very clean and quiet 👍

Will be back for my annual trip to Tampa/Ybor

Great breakfast buffet!

Quite Good but....

No complimenery breakfasts

View, lobby, location, not too far from event

It was the last night of our week trip through Florida & just what we needed to send us home happily
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Michael, our waiter at breakfast, was personable, efficient & attentive.

great breakfast, great staff

parking

great breakfast, great staff

Location and customer service

Location and customer service

Staff was very friendly and hotel was very close walking...

Staff was very friendly and hotel was very close walking distance to ybor

Heat in the room was not operating right. I had house keeping come twice to show me how to lower it.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

hidden fees. I booked on Trivago at $179.00 and bill came to 214.00 with 12.00 self parking fee. No one told me!!!!

slept well

Super clean

Limited bar

Super clean

Staff was very friendly.

Staff was very friendly.

Location was perfect for Ybor city bars and restaurants

Location was perfect for Ybor city bars and restaurants

My stay was very pleasant
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Parking was alittle cramp.

Breakfast was very good.

Very relaxing.
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Complimentary breakfast would have been nice.

Nice size rooms, comfortable bed, clean.

Breakfast.

The exercise room.

Breakfast.

Good comfortable hotel with pool close to the main Street in Ybor centre

The charge for parking !

Close to the main street in Ybor - just two short blocks away

No hot water and the frig didn't work

No hot water and the frig didn't work

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Staff was great.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

Staff was great. They knew the area and pointed us in the right direction for dinner and drinks!

Would recommend to my family & friends.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

Having to pay for parking.

Bed was very comfortable.

Great bed. Nice room. Over priced for off season

Very pricey for off season. Older building

The bed

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

The bed was comfy and the free shuttle to the amalie arena...

The ac didn't work well

The bed was comfy and the free shuttle to the amalie arena was convenient