Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Town Center 3 stars

252 Town Center Drive, Virginia Beach, VA 23462, USA

#13 of 105 hotels in Virginia Beach

The male cook for breakfast was really a grump and unprofessional. I requested a pancakes cooked well; the make cook gave me a hard look and mumbled something. Both days during my stay the cook had this attitude.

The property was convenient to many highly rated restaurants. Plenty of shopping nearby. I felt safe walking to dinner and going shopping. The hotel was clean, great food and staff was professional and friendly.

I didnt like that the first room had wet carpet and the second room had dirty sheets and pillow cases. The shower curtan was real wrinkled and it appeared that the cleaning staff was not real good at what they did. My room wasnt cleaned the whole time i was there. This is my first time having a bad experience at a supposed to be good hotel.

The breakfast and the location

It would’ve been nice to park closer to the hotel but other than that everything was great.

Everyone at the hotel was kind and concerned about our comfort. They were very accommodating. We had a wonderful experience.

I had to leave. I was just beginning to enjoying myself.

My breakfast, was fresh, hot and well seasoned. I was impressed with the variety of dished offered. Good value for the price.

For starters, the price I booked it for, versus the price I paid was about two hundred dollars difference, because of a security deposit I wasn't made aware of, off the bat. Second, I feel like the rooms were not worth almost two dollars a night, about one hundred ninety, to be exact. Third, if you wanted to eat breakfast, lunch, or dinner, it was thirteen dollars per head, per occasion. Forth, somebody decided they weren't making enough money to clean rooms, and took seventy dollars from the room I had booked for my daughters, while we were gone doing what we went there for. This list can go on and on, but I'll just leave it there. Now I'm hoping that I get my security deposit back at least.

The front desk staff were pretty friendly.

Laundry facility, needs more washer and dryers and more specific with laundry instructions. Was told I needed a quarter for laundry machines, ended up needing $4.00.

The room was wonderful, very clean, very comfortable, friendly happy to help staff. Beautiful hotel

My stay at this hotel was perfect. Every staff person my daughter and I encountered were very genuinely kind and professional. My daughter and I will definitely be returning real soon.

Parking was odd in that you needed to park in a separate location across the street on the 3rd floor. It was free though and us next to a cupcake store!

Fantastic breakfast buffet and cook to order. Staff is friendly and provides superior service.

Off site parking, but it's secure and located across street in a parking garage. Minor inconvenience.

Good breakfast, free coffee, very friendly and helpful staff.

would be nice to have more parking closer to hotel. Luckily is was Christmas holiday and the bank was closed.

accommodations were great, food was great in restaurant, employees very friendly, great location to many restaurants and stores.

There a little bit of a strange odor in the bathroom when we first arrived, but everything was very neat and clean.

PERFECT location!! The hotel was beautiful and super comfortable, and the location was superb. There is a TON of shopping in walking distance as well as restaurants and a couple of bars. My husband and I were getting away for a romantic weekend without the kids, and it was perfect. I'm so glad I picked this hotel. I would definitely recommend it.

the waiter keep telling me I did not charge your children even though I know they are free because my children is 1,8,10 years old she’s telling so she can keep the change of my money I feel like she thinks I’m a dam person.

The breakfast buffet is awesome

The way the room looked, although, it was clean. The spread on the bead looked very cheap, and also the marble top on the desk was lope sided. The legs on the bed was scratched and was very visible, because the bedspread didn't go down to cover it up. For a hotel with the name Hilton , you auto- maticly expect more.

I thought the room should have looked a bit better for $137.00 a night, although, it was clean. Also we ate breakfast downstairs, and the eggs were completely cold. The waitress was very nice. I would stay there again if I went to Va Beach.

Water in the pool was pretty cold and the shower had a slick coat of something which made it difficult to use the first time.

Awesome location. We could walk to all kinds of shopping and restaurants.

I did not like that the Jacuzzi was not hot, and the breakfast was not pleasing. One of the ladies serving my food touched the rim of the glass and still decided to serve it to us ! NOT COOL !!

I liked that the receptionists were pleasant and everything was convenient. It is close to a few entertainments and shopping areas too.

The room that I reserved three months earlier was not available when I checked in. Instead of having two beds, we all had to sleep in one king bed. No pull out couch no extra comfy chair it was either the floor or sleeping together. I was told to come down and get switched into a room with two beds the next morning. I came down early and I was told yes we could around 12 move into our new room when I returned to the desk at about 11 a.m. to follow up they said no rooms werenavailable they were sold out we had to stay in the room that we had. The front desk was not apologetic there was no discussion about what have been said to me earlier and that they made a mistake. I immediately checked out and moved to another hotel.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Horrible night

Nothing because I booked my room for 2 adults and 3 kids, and they gave us a regular 2 queen beds and they didn't have any overall beds so they bought an air bed (about 5pm ) when we came back (10 pm) the "bed" was not in the room yet, so I called and after a little bit the guy came, tried to blow the bed but the pomp didn't have any batteries so he went to get it but an hour later I had to go down stairs and complain. He was still looking for batteries. At 12 am We were able to go to sleep. So basically for 250.00 + I slept on the floor at the Hilton. A night before for the same money we were in a different hotel less fancy but clean and ON the beach in Virginia Beach and each of us had a nice clean and comfortable bed. So this Hilton was a Very Big Disappointed Good luck

There was a charge of $25 that was not disclosed on the website. I did however find out what the charge was about. The charge is for damages that might occur. This is a possible insurance. Please add this to the website for this particular hotel. The shower was not working properly, the faucet sprayed water which my the shower weak. There was no free breakfast, I believe for the amount of money it cost for one night that should be the least that the hotel does is offer free breakfast. For $11 it was just not worth it.

The customer service was very professional and courteous.

The pillow was too flat and the guests on the other side of our adjoining door were very noisy when they came home at 2:30 am.

The bed was comfortable but squeaked.

Room smelled a little funny, carpet could be shampooed, all of the televisions were fuzzy in picture. And they gave our room away, so they gave us what they considered an upgrade, but we really wanted the two king beds, they gave us a queen bed with a pull out couch. Room had no extra pillows for our kids and barely any extra blankets.

Staff was friendly and breakfast was pretty good although not complimentary

The bed was very firm. My boyfriend and I both agreed that it wasn't the most comfortable, but that's because we like a soft bed. It wasn't a huge deal.

The facility was very clean, close to lots of stores, and the staff were very nice. No complaints.

No wifi connection in the room for the whole stay despite me mentioning it every day. It was an obvious fault which they were very pleasant in denying. But with 30 years in IT I was not fooled.

Even though hotel was aware of late arrival, our room was given to someone else and we were stuck in a handicapped room for the first night which was very uncomfortable

There really was nothing that we didn't like. The bartender could use be a little friendlier. Wish it was a little closer to the beach!!! Other than that everyrhing was great.

Pretty much everything. Convenient to everything we wanted to do. Great and very helpful staff.

Breakfast was expensive. Our room faced the street which was noisy the whole time we were there, even during the night; emergency vehicles constantly, heavier traffic begins at 6am.

The location was great, close to restaurants and shops and the reason for our visit.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. The room is very clean and quiet. Food is excellent. This is my second time staying there. I would stay there again.

I thought the room tended to be a bit shabby., The floor of he tub discolored; the furniture scratched; overall the room shows age.

The bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Bath Tub - Mobility Accessible

The second day my sheets were dirty on one of the beds even the spread or blanket they had on there and one of the pillow cases. I called downstairs no one answer the phone so I went downstairs I see the staff just talking. I let her know I called and they didn't answer the phone . Nothing was said. Then I proceeded to tell them about the bed. Then they ask well do you want us to change them. I said yes. I waited it was going on 11 o'clock so I started getting sleepy and I was planning to leave early in the morning. So I called down to the front desk to ask if the staff that was coming to change sheets was on the way she said yes . I waited a little more and then just decided we all could sleep in the other bed some how and my 11 yr old could sleep on the little couch if we all couldn't sleep in that one bed so we could go in the morning I call downstairs and told the lady at the front desk just don't worry about it because I have to go sleep and you all are taking to long . She said ok and that was it .

When you walk in the lobby it looks like a nice hotel. Some of the staff especially the morning staff they are really helpful.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Bath Tub - Mobility Accessible

Didn't even get to stay there. I called hotel to let them know we had a vehicle break down on our trip and asked if they could move our reservation to the next day. Gentleman was very nice and said no problem we would have same type room same price. When we arrived at 11:30 pm I had been up traveling for 18hrs. They said sorry they were over booked for that night plus they charged me a no show for the night before AND we needed to find somewhere else to stay😊.

Zero

Pool hours. It was impossible to use the pool because of the number of people and children. A suggestion to make the pool available to adults 24hra or extended at least a few hours after 11 pm for adults only.

Front desk staff was amazing. Carlos provided amazing customer service. Facilities were very nice and clean.

• Reviewed: 1 April 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Bath Tub - Mobility Accessible

The beds/pillow were awesome. Super comfy, at times wanted to just stay in and watch tv. Super friendly staff. Nice location, tons of eatery literally 1 block away. Nice neighborhood, reminded me of NY city.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

The plumbing in the bathroom sink could have been a little clearer. And I really disliked the fact that there were only a few parking spots in the front. Fortunately we were always out before 9.

The bed was very comfortable. It was easy to change the reservation from a double bed to a single bed room.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

Our room was very clean, there was plenty of hot water with fantastic water pressure and it is located right in town center so it was easy to walk every where we wanted to go. Everyone we interacted with was polite and helpful. We would definitely go back!

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

The staff was wonderful and were happy to book us for an extra night due to the hurricane. The staff in the restaurant area were the best considering they had to deal with a full hotel. The woman in charge was so pleasant as well as the chef, waiters and waitresses. Everyone we came in contact with was remarkable and should all be recognized for their hard work! Great place to stay.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

Our room was never cleaned. Arrived in the early evening. Put out the Do not disturb (dnd) sign. In the morning, we left the room at 10 a.m. and removed the "dnd" sign. We returned at 3 p.m. The room had not been cleaned. We put the dnd sign on again to get some rest. We got up to go to dinner at 5p.m. and there was a note from the Housekeeping Supervisor telling us that the room would need attention and that they had been there but the DND sign was up. Needless to say, they managed to not clean our room for the 40 or so hours we were there. I find that ridiculous. I have been to other hotels and not had a issue. When we complained, we got nowhere. I would never come back.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

Air conditioner was so loud could not sleep. I complained about it the next morning and staff asked if I was leaving, which I thought she meant, leaving the room. When I returned I had no internet. I called the front desk and they said I checked out. They then found I had been moved to another room, and asked why I was still there. Because no one told me. The next morning, early, I woke up to a loud vibration. I just got up and checked out. Very very disappointed in Hilton.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Everything was excellent, Breakfast was delicious, coffee was hot, juice was cold. Everyone was so polite and professional. Will definitely stay there again!!!

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Bath Tub - Mobility Accessible

This is not a place for relaxation, it is strictly for business men and women, you are no where near the beach and it was very small

It was near great shopping centers

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

My card was over charged and when i asked the lady at the front desk she stated she couldnt tell me anything because i book through a third party but after leaving the hotel and speaking with some one from booking.com i was told i hadnt been charged to make a long story short i spent most of sat morning on the phone trying to find out about this extra charge only to be told it was a incident fee...the lady at the front desk should have known that and told me that way all the back and forth phone conversation would have been avoided other than that i always enjoy this hotel...always my first choice!

The room was very clean also the bed was extremely comfortable!

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

The hotel was a bit older and I could tell certain things weren't as nice as they could have been. The hallway (not the room) was humid, the floor in the room looked like it wasn't completely vaccuumed (there were a few small pieces of what looked like paper on the floor), the towel rack in the bathroom is in the actual shower opposite the shower head (I took the towels out first but they would have gotten wet if I left them there.), the bathtub didn't drain all the way because of the design of the tub not the drain (when you wash sand off your feet and it sits over night the tub looks gross in the morning), the cost of snacks and drinks was really high ($3 for a bottle of watter), and the small section of complimentary items were off to the side of the main entrance but you won't notice unless you see someone take something from the area. These to me are minor things but they are still things I noticed that I would have liked to have been better.

The hotel is in the perfect location for people who get in early or later in the day. For people who get in later and don't want to go out too far on the first day there are shops and resturants right around the corner and in most directions stepping out of the front of the hotel. There was a Barnes and Noble across the street taking a left outside the hotel. For people who get there early and want to go to the beach as soon as they get there, the beach is only 20 minutes away. The AC in the room was good. The snack and drink area of the hotel is open 24 hours a day. The bed and sheets were very comfortable and the alarm clock worked. The fridge kept my water really cold.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

Wi-fi was practically unusable for email/social media, leave alone actually streaming a video. I was not able to get CC working on the tv. Alarm went off at 5am,we had to evacuate while pouring rain outside. No apology or explanation was given the next morning or when I checked out 2 days later. I went out of my way to front desk to inquire on the situation and was told there was no fire, but someone triggered alarm due to smoke. Considering I went away for the weekend for rest and relaxation, it put a damp on my plans when I wasn't able to rest. While I can see how a refund is not a reasonable request,and I appreciate that the alarms worked in case of an actual fire- I would have appreciated a discount /a night's stay for the future. Subject was avoided all together, however.

Loved the bed, the room amenities, the pool, late checkout availability, the location is good.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

I called the property the day I left and asked the desk person to check my room for a Birthday card that I might have left in the room with gift cards in it. I have not heard anything back. :(

Nice breakfast and staff was very nice. Parking was easy and convenient

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

There was no complimentary breakfast. :(

staff was extremly friendly and understanding of our late arrival due to numerous accidents along the way. Coffee in the room was great.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

The ONLY thing if I had to say I didn't like we're the pillow on the bed in the room. Although they were clean they had absolutely no support, it was as if I rolled a bed sheet up an lay my head on it. The investment in to a more quality pillow would be the cherry on a great sundae.

The staff couldn't have been anymore pleasant and helpful. The property it self was extremely clean, modern and inviting. The location was great, walking distance to great restaurants and shopping. The beach was just a short 10 to 15 minute straight drive.

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

I had an incident with a call from the front desk within the first hour of checking in. I was called and asked if I was smoking in the room?? Apparently someone called and said they smelled cigarette smoke. I was confused as to why I was called. The manager could not tell me why, but wanted to remind me of the no smoking policy. I have never smoked and was offended by this call.

The location was excellent. Plenty of eateries and shopping nearby. Staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

The room was very clean and the bed comfortable. I liked the complimentary coffee, water, microwave and small refrigerator, as well as the wifi. The staff was very helpful (front desk), as well.

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

I didn't like how I forgot to click I wanted breakfast with my room because usually I don't have to do that. Needless to say I had to come out of pocket and pay $13.00 for one plate and no seconds.

The staff was very friendly and pleasant. The room was a descent size and the bed was comfy. Breakfast was good. The hotel is very secure and I felt safe. The indoor pool & hot tub was a plus, my favorite restaurant The Cheesecake Factory was right around the corner and just minutes away from the beach !

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

The 2nd floor room given to me was very noisy due to the street traffic. Also they could do a little better with the cleanliness of the room, I found a few toe nails next to the night stand.

The location was good. The staff was friendly and accommodating.

All the money you put in but breakfast wasn't free

The exceptional service we got from Faye and Niki...

Parking lot was across the street.

The location was nice. Staff were very friendly.

The rooms was small and dirty

Staff and manager was very disrespectful

• King Room - Allergy Friendly

I didn't. like that my room wasn't ready at 3:00 but it was understandable because of the holiday weekend.

The hotel stay was very classy.

The room was very nice and clean. The pool was a big hit with my 5 year old grandson. It wasa pleasant and comfortable stay.

Not close to the beach

I like the proximity to the stores nearby

located around alot of good restaurants and shopping.

the location was GREAT!!

Printer not working properly and have to pay for breakfast.

Great staff and great proximity to everything.

They could include breakfast in the price of the room. There was also loud equipment running first thing in the morning.

• King Room with Whirlpool

Cancled my booking

Cancled my booking

Not sure it matters but paying for breakfast is a bit much. Although parking was free

Access to everything I’d want or need to complete my tasks

How nice and clean the room were. My kids like bed the pool.

No outdoor pool

cost for breakfast

close to everything i was there for.

All

Poor water pressure and no hot water Sunday morning

Staff very friendly, clean location excellent

Pillows to small or not stiff enough for me

Nice, helpful staff

Everything was perfect

Very clean! Great location, super friendly staff. Fidge, microwave and keurig coffee maker in each room.

• King Room - Allergy Friendly

Mattress stunk like body odor, sheets and duvet had hairs.

Friendliness location and quality. Grea place to stay

breakfast is not included

very clean place

Everything was great

The room was very clean and the bathroom was well stock with towels. The bed slept really good.

Didn't get room service second day after requesting it.

Breakfast buffet

The breakfast buffet was unfortunately terrible both times we tried it

Browse Hilton Garden Inn Virginia Beach Town Center traveller photo gallery