Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC Downtown This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

815 14th Street Northwest, Northwest, Washington, DC, DC 20005, United States of America

#71 of 138 hotels in Washington, DC

• Reviewed: July 17, 2018

- Nice room

- Expensive - Air condition noisy - WiFi not working well in our suite

- Nice room - nice bathroom - good beds - good breakfast - perfect location - clean - nice people

• Reviewed: July 16, 2018

highly recomanded
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

Load on elevators. Too few elevators and too many guests

Good location, right in front of Metro. 10 min walk to the White House. Breakfast is very good

• Reviewed: July 13, 2018

Loved Staying Here in DC

Nothing, it was fantastic! Great staff & helpful

Location, location, & location. Great value for $$$ walking distance to white house, food and shopping. The staff is amazing!

• Reviewed: July 9, 2018

Lovely Hotel

Valet Parking was $47 + tax

Very nice hotel. Clean and well maintained. Hotel is within walking distance of National Portrait Gallery, Newmuseum, International Spy Museum, good shopping and many restaurants (less expensive and expensive). Good value for money. Wonderful front desk service. The complimentary bottle of water came in handy walking in the heat around the National parks and at the museums. There was also complimentary water in the lobby. Only bummer was Valet parking, it’s very pricey $47 per night PLUS tax.

• Reviewed: July 2, 2018

The bathroom was flooding during the period we were staying...... and the place is a bit rundown. Not good for value for money. Probably it’s a Washington DC thing....

• Reviewed: June 26, 2018

Great stay, great hotel, find somewhere else to park or try not to drive at all

All the elevators stopped working at the same time. People got stuck in them. Valet was ridiculously expensive and the valet staff was not very friendly, never had a smile and basically was very demanding and short.

I loved the staff, the beds were comfortable, the room was a great style, the tv channels had the best movies playing, it was quiet, classy, comfortable and very nice

• Reviewed: June 17, 2018

Very good. Would go back when the rates are lower.

Wish breakfast was included in the rate. Kids channels are paid. The rate was very high and expected more services included.

Breakfast was delicious, just wish for the high rate it was included. Air conditioner worked great. Bed was comfortable. Very convenient for a family to have a refrigerator and microwave in the room. Location is great.

• Reviewed: June 12, 2018

So happy that I stayed at this hotel.

The cost of the parking garage-$48 plus tax for overnight parking.

Felt that needing my room key to operate the elevator made me feel safer. The room was very modern. The bed was so comfortable. Location right across street to McPherson metro station made traveling so easy. The complimentary water/tea/coffee in the lobby was a nice touch. Actually had my room ready for me before the assigned check-in time (this never happened to me before-usually I have to wait until after check-in time for a room to be ready).

• Reviewed: June 10, 2018

Great hotel in centrally placed location
    • King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

Very close to white house and other attractions. Good property with big sized rooms and very comfortable beds. However I felt the room charges are on higher side but that seems to be the case with most DC hotels. Good eating joints nearby for breakfast options.

• Reviewed: June 9, 2018

This hotel is great value with a convenient location.

The location was great. It is right across the street from a subway station. It was within easy walking distance of many restaurants and museums. The hotel also let us check in early which was a big help. The room was nice and clean. I would definitely stay there again.

• Reviewed: June 9, 2018

There were complimentary mineral water and coffee at the...

I asked for a room with a bathtub. Staff seemed to have searched for a room but I ended up in a room with only shower. Bathroom smelled of sewage. It was an extremely noisy place and I could not sleep at night. People were gathering on the street shouting/screaming until midnight. During the night almost every 30 minutes you can here sirens.

There were complimentary mineral water and coffee at the reception.

• Reviewed: June 6, 2018

My stay at the hotel was lovely.

I enjoyed your breakfast very much. It had plenty to offer and the servers were very friendly. I also wish that you had more cookies at the Reception.

The bed was very nice, except I wish the washroom was slightly bigger.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

Room was perfect

First hotel that i had to pay extra for parking...if you are a guess it should be included...also i didnt include breakfast...woow very disappointing

Room was perfect

• Reviewed: May 21, 2018

My co-worker and I had a very nice, comfy but basic visit at the Hilton Garden Inn.

I thought the room was extremely basic for $469/night. It was clean and comfy, but so basic. I have frequently stayed at hotels with the same amenities for $150/night in other very popular cities.

The staff was extremely polite, respectful and helpful. I was pleasantly surprised coming into such an expensive city, I expected some snobbery. I found nothing by friendly people at every turn.

• Reviewed: May 18, 2018

A short business trip that went off much better because I stayed at HGI.
    • King Room - Disability Access

I had requested an early arrival because I was arriving in DC early in the morning and had to prepare for a mid-afternoon business meeting. Melba at the front desk was able to arrange a 1pm room availability, which I greatly appreciated.

• Reviewed: May 6, 2018

Washington trip

You had to pay for parking. You had to pay for a buffet breakfast. I know there is a pool on premises but I don't know where it was located. No info in room and front desk didn't info me of its location.

Location was perfect! Could walk to everything. Hotel clean and loved the room. Bathroom was nice and enjoyed the stall shower. It was nice to see a keriug coffee machine in room instead of an old fashion coffee machine

• Reviewed: April 30, 2018

The stay was OK. The way you speak to a guest can be a deal breaker. Customer service needs improvem

I went to ask early in the day for a dessert and one of the staff members snapped at me, as she walked by me and informed me that it was close until 5:00p.m. I'm from out of town and I thought the restaurant was open all day, for lunch and I just wanted a dessert!!! Then we were thinking of staying one more night and I called early the morning of departure ( sunday) to ask for another night and the man quoted me the same price but he was rushing me off the phone if I was going to extend, if I wanted to close out the folio and do a new one or if I wanted to think about it. It was the way he said things! Customer service is all about HOW you say things! It will make a great different to hear pleasantness over the phone ( perhaps wearing a smile- fake it if you have to, than to hear s snappy sarcastic remark.) Also, the commode in my room was running water. I cloud not get the toilet handle to stay up in order for the toilet to stop filling the tank with water. It was annoying. I chose to stay another night for the first two reason. Excellent customer service is a MUST at all times. You never know who is "secret shopping" your hotel.

The hotel is OK for the price. The King bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: April 30, 2018

I will book here for my next stay. Great hotel.

The price of valet for overnight stays but I understand. Parking is not easy in DC so it’s a premium price. I would still pay the fee again.

Staff was amazing. Food at restaurant was fantastic. Room was super clean and comfortable. Easy to get to attractions.

• Reviewed: April 23, 2018

Great Location and Friendly Staff for a Family Vacation to DC

Great location! It was about 2 blocks from the White House and lots of great restaurants nearby. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We forgot to buy milk for my son, and the hotel restaurant came to the rescue and gave us a free glass of milk. We enjoyed our stay very much. High recommended!

• Reviewed: April 22, 2018

Kids loved the pool.

Front desk couldn’t find my reservation upon arrival. I had to pull up my confirmation number and it still seemed to take some time. Not the best first impression.

Kids loved the pool. Breakfast staff was very friendly.

• Reviewed: April 9, 2018

From front desk to valet, the room and experience was lovely.

The restaurant isn't open for lunch!? No room service either. We had just come in from a race, were hungry, and wanted lunch. Wish there was at least room service at noon!

The bartender was able to answer all of our questions and get us what we needed right away.

• Reviewed: April 7, 2018

Great location, helpful staff, lacking in a little bit of details.
    • King Suite

The housekeeping was a bit sloppy and small maintenance details were evident. As in the small fitness center, only one of the treadmills worked at a time. The housekeepers never put our pull out bed away even when we suggested it be put away, it was just left halfway out. Only one remote for two tvs in two different rooms. The breakfast was not worth the money so we went out most mornings and felt we got more delicious food for the same or less money.

The location is great and the majority of the staff are really friendly and accommodating. The rooms were recently updated and you can really tell. The look and feel is very new and very clean. The restaurant on site is great for dinner or drinks.

• Reviewed: April 3, 2018

Enjoyable accommodation especially if you are going to the White House.

The pool water was cold and one of the reasons I booked was the pool looked so nice online. We could barely stand it to stay in with the kids. Our keurig wouldn't work so we had to wait to have coffee which I prefer as soon as I wake up.

Helpful friendly staff, location and cleanliness. Food and service were excellent and the parking valet were so very helpful.

• Reviewed: April 2, 2018

Only a short walk to most major sites; and the rooms and staff were accommodating & friendly.

I can’t say much negative about our stay. We had to ask for extra towels. But if that’s the only thing, we won’t count it. 😁

Russell, at the valet check-in, was exceptionally friendly. We were a little stressed coming in late and being unfamiliar with the area. He was a welcoming and warm face to greet us. While all the staff was friendly, he stood out to us!

• Reviewed: April 1, 2018

Very good! I recommend it!

Everything was great!

Staff was extremely efficient, kind and helpful. Special thanks to Priscilla in the front desk that made our stay even more comfortable. Location is also very good. Bedroom is clean and has plenty of space.

• Reviewed: March 30, 2018

Limited drawer space only two small dress drawers. Room was clean but almost clinical. Ice machine was not working on 7th floor had to make an ice run to the 6th floor. Shower would not train back but was responded too once reported.

• Reviewed: March 27, 2018

My family loved our stay. I would reccomend.

I was billed doubled for some reason. They fixed the mistake after I called their attention to it. But they should have a better data input since their rate can vary so much. They were charging me for 1 night what I was quoted for two.

Breakfast was fantastic. Staff were All very friendly. The room was wonderful.

• Reviewed: March 26, 2018

The location is fantastic, the staff super helpful, and the rooms recently renovated.

I do wish they had put in a different heating system. The heater blows dry air and can be, well, drying to the skin and airways. The housekeeper did not quite take away all the used items the first day, but perhaps there was a misunderstanding.

The room was newly renovated. It had great window shades, very well laid out bathroom, nice arrangement of space. New carpeting. Great desk chair.

• Reviewed: March 23, 2018

It was a nice stay overall but it would have been nice if the staff was approachable.

The employees were fairly rude for the entire 24 hours of my stay. I was there for a fun getaway with my husband and we were excited about having a drink at the bar so we did but the bartender was less than pleasant. He seemed old and grumpy. We asked for local dinner recommendations and he said " he clocks in and clocks out, I don't know anything about this area". That's it! I was also very confused by the random people/ employees? wearing construction vest and holding clipboards standing throughout the hotel. They didn't speak so I didn't really understand their position there. It was strange but, okay.

I really liked the location and the rooms were nice and clean.

• Reviewed: March 19, 2018

Hotel was close to everything you could walk to the White...

Hotel was close to everything you could walk to the White House, The Mall, Lincoln Memorial the Capitol I mean really close. Will stay here again with out a doubt.

• Reviewed: March 14, 2018

When we arrived our reservation had not been booked. The front desk staff worked with us to try to find a room at a similar price to what we originally booked. The rooms were very clean! Modern room and comfortable bed

• Reviewed: March 13, 2018

Close & easy access to all

Extra fees on room service. Was at restaurant when they encourage room service... didn't kiw it meant cost of s simple meal would be almisr double with added fees.

Clean, proximity to sights & metro, great staff

• Reviewed: March 12, 2018

Mike, the employee at the front desk was SUPERB!

Because the hotel is in the heart of the city, some street noise can be heard in the room at night.

Mike, the employee at the front desk was SUPERB!!!! He made sure we were well taken care of and that every part of my families experience was excellent. He is AMAZING! Our experience was wonderful and we would stay again.

• Reviewed: March 11, 2018

Location us fantastic.

Location us fantastic. A mile from the Washington Monument and 3 blocks from the White House. Cheap fast food options in the same block and 3 outstanding restaurants within 2 blocks! Quite rooms, considering it was week of spring break. I heard good things about the restaurant on site but i would look around for a quick bite or a sit down affair. Clean rooms, updated decor set the mood for trendy DC! They held our bags while we toured the monuments and came back for them.

• Reviewed: March 6, 2018

My stay here was comfortable.

I did NOT like that the desk agent asked me if I had a credit card because I presented with my Visa bank/check card. That is not a question that should be asked to a guest. I was highly offended. My bank account has a very substantial amount in it to have covered the cost of the hotel and beyond. My bank card should have been taken without any question as such posed, unless the card system gave negative feed back when swiped. I did not like or appreciate that at all. I have stayed at several Hilton garden inn’s in several different cities using the same bank card with no question asked as such... I also didn’t like that the bathroom door wld not say open. There was not a stopper for it to say open when not in use. Trying to get dressed/ready and make use of the bathroom, having to open it constantly was a headache... the close proximity of the bathroom door and the hotel room door did not alllow for the bathroom door to stay opened. I never experienced that before.

The doorman were very nice and helpful. The room was very clean and nice decorated. The gray painted walls and wallpaper was very calming and up to date.

• Reviewed: February 28, 2018

Hotel better than expected as a 3 star, really enjoyed my stay

Concierge staff not so friendly - no customer service when dropping my suitcases into storage on my last day. No smile/please/thank you, just ticket and go.

Room was modern Staff great Happy hour

• Reviewed: February 27, 2018

Would stay again!

The bed was really uncomfortable and the parking was pretty expensive.

We loved how close to everything it was and the staff! Breakfast was also nice and they were great with my 2 year old son.

• Reviewed: February 26, 2018

The staff was great.

The construction I. The room next to ours during the day

We had dinner at the restaurant twice The first meal was so good we decided to have dinner at the restaurant

• Reviewed: February 24, 2018

Beds and pillows were very comfortable.

There was a paint odor from some of the renovated rooms. We had to move twice. The staff was very accommodating.

Beds and pillows were very comfortable. Staff was very friendly.

• Reviewed: February 24, 2018

Overall, the hotel is just ok. I would not stay again unless I could get a really good discount.

We purchased the breakfast with our room but weren’t given the vouchers. We actually went to eat breakfast and were handed a bill. I had to leave breakfast and go to the front desk to let the staff know breakfast was included. The staff quickly retrieved our vouchers and I was able to give them to our waitress. The vouchers should have been given when we checked in. The guys over valet parking were awesome!

The breakfast was delicious and the hotel was located in the heart of downtown. Some of the Smithsonian museums are about a 0.5 mile walk.

• Reviewed: February 20, 2018

Our stay was enjoyable. The location and property for the most part, met our expectations

Breakfast is usually complimentary in hotels. We were surprised when the waitress dropped a check of at our table. Felt a little tricky- we should have asked more questions before entering the dining room. Almost 40 dollars for a normal breakfast of eggs and bacon for 2.

The room was very clean and decor up to date.

• Reviewed: February 11, 2018

Hilton review

The parking fee is $45 plus $8 garage tax, totaling $53 for overnight parking as a guest at the hotel.

Everyone was friendly and helpful. The hotel was close to all venues.

• Reviewed: February 5, 2018

Great spot, walking distance from museums, white house, the...

It is being renovated. Booking.com does not say it. Very noisy. Banging sound Saturday in the day. Room smelling of paint. Rates are too high for a hotel in renovation

Great spot, walking distance from museums, white house, the mall etc. Nice rooms etc

• Reviewed: February 4, 2018

The hotel is being renovated, meaning there is drilling...

The hotel is being renovated, meaning there is drilling noise from 9 am to 5 pm. In a working day is not a big deal but on a Saturday, this is not acceptable. There was no warning on the website about this, and the price does not reflect discounts accounting for the discomfort. The rating is mainly negative because of the noise, without that, the score would have been significantly better, the staff is friendly and professional, rooms are good, location is perfect.

• Reviewed: February 3, 2018

My room had just been remodeled.
    • King Room - Disability Access

Remodeling construction was underway 2/3/18 so it got noisy at 9:30 am, but we were checking out anyway.

My room had just been remodeled. Loved it. Fridge and microwave are very handy. Bathroom was great. Bed was very firm and comfortable. Loved the built in bench. Love the fire in the lobby, especially on the cold DC nights.

• Reviewed: February 1, 2018

Excellent hotel, shame for the Building Works!

The hotel was undergoing building works in several floors. This lead to it being very noisy for about 7-8 hours a day. In several occasions I was tired (and it was raining) and wanted to go back to my room to relax but didn't because the noise gave me headache. This should have been informed to me prior to my arrival at the hotel, as I would have gone somewhere else. Also, the wi-fi connection was not that good. One of the days it kept disconnecting all the time.

The personnel was remarkably kind and helpful, the best thing about the hotel! The bed was very comfortable, excellent investment in mattresses! Location is excellent (right next to the White House). Breakfast was good (though not included in price). The room was brand new, very big and well equipped.

• Reviewed: February 1, 2018

Price gauging on the parking.

It cost $53/night including tax to valet our car. They said if we did not valet we were welcome to find street parking (impossible on a Saturday in downtown DC).

It was conveniently located across from the establishment I was going to. We went to the park at 14th and it was a 2 minute walk. Very easy in heels.

Security is very good
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

Swimming pool area is Very dirty. Specially swimming pool bathroom . You're not checking swim pool area . If they are it cannot be dirty. My room bathroom &shower tub is dirty and old .every white door did not clean.(Even last customer who used to the room they spilled the coffee by door and hotel are not Clean the door.

Security is very good

• Reviewed: January 29, 2018

Location was excellent. Room was clean, but bathtub looked like it hadn't been scrubbed in a while.

Bathtub was not clean. Bed was hard. Supposedly, we were supposed to have a comfort controlled mattress, but 2 college grads were unable to locate the dial even after looking up a YouTube Video.

Staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: January 25, 2018

i was so impressed by the service and professionalism of this hotel..

the pillows- they were awful..

the staff was outstanding, so nice and professional. they even got my son a birthday suprise.. very nice and not expected.. they went the extra mile..

• Reviewed: January 22, 2018

Can't wait to come back!

The front desk staff were exceptional. They are doing renovation and when I checked in they upgraded me to a nice room on a high floor that had just been renovated (I asked if they had a high floor available). When I went up the room still had the odor of new paint, and I'm highly allergic, so they quickly moved me to a lower floor and told me about the renovations being done and asked if that would be a problem. They handled the renovation experience beautifully. I was pleased with the room, altho it was on the inside, it was quiet and clean. The staff was amazing! And you are in walking distance of the entire mall.

• Reviewed: January 21, 2018

The breakfast was really good: all you can eat with lots of...

The airconditioner, which doubles as a heater, turned on every 10 minutes, which was annoying.

The breakfast was really good: all you can eat with lots of tasty options. The bed was good: not too soft and not too hard. The room was spacious and the coffee from the machine in the room was delicious.

• Reviewed: January 18, 2018

Great Location, staff, food, atmosphere and price!

AC in room was a little loud, but I would still stay there again. I was able to regulate the temp in my room, which is important to my husband.

The location cannot be beat, especially factoring in the reasonable price for this town. The staff was so sweet. Breakfast had real eggs cooked to my liking by a real person. What more could I ask for?

• Reviewed: January 17, 2018

Had a great time in DC.

Construction!!! Over 6 days it was not too bad,but we were not in room. Need new beds. Better price than other hotels, not as close to museums etc., but it is across the street from subway. Great food close.

Good breakfast. Dinner not so much!

• Reviewed: January 16, 2018

Super great in every way.

I wished there was a vent in the bathroom. But the desk said when I checked in that the hotel is being renovated. Maybe my next stay this little item will be remedied.

The wait staff at the hotel restaurant was very nice. Also the breakfast was excellent.

• Reviewed: January 9, 2018

Nice, reasonably priced hotel in walking distance to the Smithsonian.

Parking fee was expensive, but the convenience makes it worth it. Valet parking only.

Staff was friendly and accommodating, we were able to check in early and they kept our car and luggage past checkout time until the end of our sightseeing day.

• Reviewed: January 9, 2018

Exellent bed.

Parking information in the booking.com web page is not clearly described.

Exellent bed. Clean room. Microwave in the room. Very good price in low demand season.

• Reviewed: January 8, 2018

perfect location, great view

Location was perfect, the view was outstanding (on the river ), they have the best cookies at reception, go during summer . its not a winter destination

• Reviewed: January 1, 2018

The hotel was in a good location and was great value

Undergoing renovation during the day, but staff relocated my son and his wife to a quieter floor.

Good location for a first-time visitor to DC. Easy walking distance to the White House, National Mall and museums, and also close to Metro. Valet parking was efficient.

• Reviewed: December 21, 2017

10 stars awesome place to stay and the food was divine!
    • King Suite

The Staff Tanaya, Russell, Mike, Silvi, the Manager were and are awesome people. Very hospitable and welcoming. I felt like family and this will the place I call my home away from home. Thank you

• Reviewed: December 20, 2017

Excellent location for a short sightseeing trip to DC

The view from my room wasn't great, it was just a back street. But then again, I wanted a quiet room, and it certainly was quiet. It was a shame though, that it was not possible to pull the curtains close, as the top layer ones were clearly just for decoration, and the rail on which they sat did not cover the entire width of the window. The hotel, overall, could do with a bit of a refurb, as it seemed pretty tired and dated.

I had the best nights sleep at the Hilton Garden Inn. The bed was so comfortable, I could easily have slept a few more hours.

• Reviewed: December 17, 2017

The walls are a little thin. I could hear the outside traffic noise, the shower coming on next door, and conversations going on in the hallway. This did not interfere with my trip, but if you are a light sleeper, it might.

Great location. Metro station right across the street, and do-able walking distance to the White House and National Mall. Friendly staff, coffee/light breakfast places nearby.

• Reviewed: November 26, 2017

I would stay again - the location makes up for a lot!

The price of the parking was too high. for that price there should have been a valet outside directing the arrival of new guests. The position of the desk in front of the heater meant that the fan blew directly on me and even when I turned up the heat, the air blew too cool.

The room was very comfortable and the location was excellent. The price of the parking was too high. for that price there should have been a valet outside directing the arrival of new guests. The staff was pleasant and the breakfast was really good - excellent French toast!

• Reviewed: November 26, 2017

Enjoyed our visit over Thanksgiving very much

Concierge recommended BigBus tour line, which in hindsight was probably not the best hop on/hop off bus tour option available.

Staff extremely friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: November 21, 2017

Staff hospitality and customer orientation was exceptional -...

Wifi seemed to be unavailable the morning of our departure - could have used it from about 7-10am but wan't available.

Staff hospitality and customer orientation was exceptional - from front desk, to waiters, to maids.

Wonderful place to stay!

Wonderful place to stay! Perfect location; inviting decor; large rooms; and the staff was very friendly. I received a complimentary drink pass and enjoyed a French Beef Dip in the lounge for a mere $6. It was a huge portion and delicious. Really great place to stay and economical as well.

• Reviewed: November 20, 2017

It was great, staff was lovely, cozy warm. Hotel was a bit smaller than what I'm used to.

My view lol. And mostly the ceiling was one of those popcorn ceilings.

Bed was super firm, I think memory foam. I like the staff mostly. They were really nice.

• Reviewed: November 20, 2017

The friendly staff make this hotel excellent!

We had a room near the elevator, so it was noisy at times but not excessive. The normal city noises of sirens and traffic could be loud as well but nothing that disturbed us too much. It's DC, and it's going to be lively!

The hotel is in an ideal location, directly across from the McPherson Square metro station and within walking distance of the White House, Smithsonian museums and the Washington Monument. The front desk staff and all staff were exceptionally helpful, giving us tips for walking around town as well as the weekend schedule for metro. The room was clean and comfortable, and the Wifi was excellent in our 14th floor room. We also ate breakfast in the hotel restaurant, and though the price seemed high ($14 per person for an all you can eat breakfast buffet), it was absolutely worth it! The food was delicious and the variety was great with an omelet station and waffles and pancakes along with much more. The food prices in DC are high, so $14 for a plate of food seems to be average. We had a great stay and were so happy with how wonderfully we were treated by the staff.

• Reviewed: November 14, 2017

I do not want to stop at regular rates
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

Cleaning of the room is not perfect.The drainage of the bathroom is not good.There was no slippers, bathrobes and washroom.

bed is Hard and confortable for me.

• Reviewed: November 13, 2017

Front desk employees, especially during evening/nights, are unprofessional.

The bright spots were the young lady concierge; she was pleasant, polite and professional, and gave me excellent directions when I asked her. The bellman (I forget his name but he had an African name) was also excellent and polite. The one elevator smelled like beer the three days I stayed there. Also, they locked the front door on Friday and Saturday nights; I am assuming to prevent undesirables from coming into the front lobby. I will never stay at this place again; for a Hilton property it is not up to par. I have had much better experiences at other downtown DC hotels. The location is good.

I arrived at night after 9pm. The man at the front desk was very abrupt and not very hospitable. The room is cramped; and I received a room facing a wall and there was a very noisy generator there- no view at all. The second night I had a similar experience with another front desk employee; not very polite. It seemed as if I was inconveniencing them; or perhaps it was because I was a solo female guest.

• Reviewed: November 10, 2017

The location is very good. Room was good but should have better noise isolation from outside.

The room I got (for a good price) was oriented towards the center of the building, where many air conditioning systems were continuously working, so a good amount of noise got into the room. Better sound isolation should be considered, maybe double windows.

I really like the location, very close to the white house, monuments and museums. The room was good, large enough, and clean. Breakfast was good and the restaurant staff was very nice.

• Reviewed: November 4, 2017

everything.

stain on bathtub in room 310. but that didnt matter because we never use that bathtub anyway.

everything. our check in was very easy and fast. our room was in 3rd floor and facing down the street. we love it !! the staffs were very friendly. the housekeeping always clean our room perfectly! location was great, very close to Mcpherson Metro, cvs, restaurant, starbuck, etc. walking distance to white house and museums. This hotel have guest laundry self service, which was very good for us whose travelling with children.

• Reviewed: October 21, 2017

Great place to stay.

The hotel was clean and the staff very friendly. The location was prefect. The metro rail wad just across the street or the mall was just a quick 6 block walk.

• Reviewed: October 10, 2017

Thank you hotel staff for all your helpful information and smiles!
    • King Room - Disability Access

The staff was exceptionally helpful in making our stay pleasant. They responded to each question with such a positive attitude and lots of knowledge. Everything from basic walking directions, to setting up tours, to ensuring our grandchildren were happy with their food. Made the stay really positive!!

• Reviewed: September 20, 2017

Central and close to all the iconic DC monuments and museums.

No complaints.

Centrally located - just a few minutes walk and you're at the White House. Friendly staff and nice rooms with lovely toiletries and facilities.