Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn West Palm Beach Airport 3 stars

1611 Worthington Road, West Palm Beach, FL 33409, USA

#6 of 32 hotels in West Palm Beach

The property was very nice inside and out.

There was nothing I didn’t like.

The property was very nice inside and out. The pool was great, the room, was comfortable, the staff was very friendly, and it was close to the fairgrounds.

Sure, I'll stay here again

I found a centipede in my bathroom... but that's about it. Distance from the beach wasn't what I expected but it wasn't that much of a trouble to get there. I would still stay here again.

Just walking into the lobby, I right away thought this was a nice hotel. Room was lovely, not too small. Pool was great, not as warm as I expected for a 'heated pool' but I still found it quite enjoyable & relaxing after being out in the hot sun/heat all day. I sadly didn't get to try the restaurant/bar in the hotel but I'm sure it would've been great.

Decent stay close to the airport

The photos on the booking.com makes the places looks better than actual. It is an average hotel.

Breakfast with this super happy waiter and delicious coffee!

The biggest deception at our trip!
    • Queen Room

The biggest deception at our trip! First of all, be careful, this hotel is not so good as it shows. We had big problems with the staff... we did not had our room and we arrived at 1:00 am! We are feeling like we were stolen! We booked a room at this hotel with two queen beds because we needed that (at Hilton Garden, because of kind of beds, localization, microwave, ammenities and etc.). When we got to the airport, about one o'clock in the morning, we discovered that we would not be taken to the hotel we paid for, but rather to another Hilton near to the airport because they had some problems with our room. Arriving there (other hotel Hilton), we were very tired, and they offered us two kinds of room completely differents from what we paid for and one of this (rooms) with no bed for my son! Actually, they offered us a room with two small beds or a room with a big bed and I needed to begged for a extra bed. Me and my husband must not sleep at a small couple bed because I have a heath condition (my shoulderes and back) and we decided for the second option. So they gave us an extremely small bed (extra bed for kids) and my son is tall and had to sleep very badly because we had no other option (my son has 17!). Also the amenities paid, they did not offered us, they were not available at this hotel (we needed it). And the worst thing: On this other hotel near airport (that they accommodate us), the staff did not even knew they would need accommodate us, and we had problems with the hotel staff, that we paid (Hilton Garden), because by telephone they didn't say us all about the situation and the conditions at the other hotel)... We had paid a lot of money and the hotel must not break what "promised us". It isn't correct... Actually we contracted that kind of room because we really needed these size of beds and because of my shoulders, my back and food alergies (I always do my own food and I need some condictions to do that...

Nothing because we are feeling like we were stolen! We booked a room at this hotel with two queen beds because we needed that and when we got, about one o'clock in the morning, we discovered that we would not be taken to the hotel we paid for, because they had some problems with our room... We went to Hilton Airport and the conditions were differents and my son slept at a small bed for kids... He has 17 and he is tall!!! And we had paid for 2 big beds (queen size)! I want my money back!

Perfect hotel for a girls get a way weekend, close to downtown, City Place and Coral Sky Ampitheatre
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

First time staying here for a concert at Coral Sky Amphitheater. Perfect location, nicely decorated clean room and very friendly staff. We’ll definitely book here again when in West Palm Beach.

Everything was so nice, clean and comfortable.

Everything was so nice, clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. The location was perfect and minutes away from different stores and gas stations. Very recommended.

Hilton is still one of my favorite’s

The receptionist greeted me with hi but a caucasian gentleman that was behind me was greeted with Hello Sir....

Clean, bathroom, bedroom. Not a beach location but well kept.

Relaxing, clean and comfortable

Couldn't get the microwave to work properly.

The rooms are so pretty,spacious and modern. We got a free upgrade to our greatest delight to a room facing the lake. There are two blinds on the window. One is like a sun shade and the other is to black out the room for proper sleep. The bathroom was spacious and modern. The staff were super helpful.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Basic hotel but did the job for us
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible

Did not realize as a first time traveler to the area that the hotels proximity to the airport positions it as a business hotel and therefore proximity to everything else not the best.

Staff extremely helpful other than the shuttle driver who left a poor first impression

LOVED IT! Excellent stay for a couple!

The only "complaint" we have is there wasnt a hot tub. And there were no eggs with buffet breakfast. The only way to get eggs was to order. But honestly EXCELLENT stay!

Everything! Chris was amazing. He made sure our stay was perfect, had shuttle pick me up from airport within minutes, upgraded our room (even gave us a view we preferred), had everything waiting at front desk as I instructed for my BF since he was arriving later, and he was just as curteous and friendly with all other guests. The girls at breakfast & dinner were fantastic. Bed was awesome! Perfect stay for a couple!

The hotel was very clean and offered many great amenities,...

The hotel was very clean and offered many great amenities, such as the free shuttle to downtown! The staff was excellent and always friendly, especially Laurie! She helped us check-in and was very helpful from the beginning to the end of our stay. Laurie definitely made us feel welcome and the whole experience that much more enjoyable!

Good value for money and nice breakfast

Our room was TINY - maybe we had one which was slightly smaller than the others, as it was at the end of the corridor. Furthermore, it was outlooking on a main road (multiple lanes in each direction) and therefore was very noisy. Unfortunately through our whole trip I got the impression in the big hotel chains like Hilton, Starwood etc. that you get the „not so nice“ rooms if you are booking through booking.com and they make it very clear that they are not fancying your booking via a 3rd party, emphasizing that you should use their own brand‘s booking engine.

Breakfast was really nice in comparison to other hotels during our Florida stay. Good value for many all in all.

I enjoyed everything about property.

I am a Hilton Honor and they do not recognize their own HH members when they book through third party. This was a little disappointing.

I enjoyed everything about property.

The stay exceeded the expectations and made our experience unforgettable.

During the night, we thought the AC stopped working and wouldn’t turn on but after awhile it did.

The staff was welcoming and breakfast was excellent, the room was smaller than expected but felt cozy and comfortable. There’s restaurants and shops no more than 10 minutes away which is amazing.

Was a great experience and look forward to doing that again.
    • Queen Room

The only opportunity is having user friendly air conditioning controls. Some were at window unit while others was on the wall. Middle of night the AC would cut off. Maybe it’s the user since AC was cold most of the time. Didn’t stay long enough to try the bar.

I loved the lobby decor and it was great to hang out and see people in and out. The outdoor pool area is a great added feature! Rained all weekend but that’s not Hilton’s fault. Great breakfast delicious options and TVs to keep you entertained. Also the front receptionist was trying to assist us in our whole experience. She was very nice.

large clean room, very comfortable bed and huge bathroom

breakfast prices/options were not completely clear to us when checking in

large clean room, very comfortable bed and huge bathroom great breakfast made to order, friendly staff

Super Safe, Clean and Comfortable Hotel. Would definitely stay there again if In West Palm Beach.

Sadly no Golf Channel on the TV

Fluffy Towels, Comfortable Bed, Courteous and Friendly Staff. The Hotel was a delight. I didn't take breakfast so couldn't comment on that, but The Hilton Garden Hotel was otherwise a great place to stay.

Very clean and comfortable. Great service.

We had problems with a couple of key channels on our television, and had to have staff in to try and fix it. It was a bit frustrating. It was eventually fixed after a few days. Everyone was very customer service focused and did their best to address the issue with our TV.

Comfortable and clean. Service was excellent.

Quiet, comfortable room and bed!

The bed was extremely comfortable and the shuttle very useful ad prompt. Hotel was quiet and window shaded from the street by beautiful trees and window treatment.

Relaxation was ok because it was much needed but the broken a/c sucked.

The air conditioning didnt work well.I wasnt given the room on a upper level as i requested. The room floor was sticky and room had a scent. The beds wasnt comfy .

The shower was nice.The sofa was nice also.

The wifi signal was very week in my room which was on the...

The wifi signal was very week in my room which was on the third floor at the end of the hall. made it virtually impossible for me to work from my room.

Great food made to order.
    • Queen Room

Fridge was a little loud.

Great food made to order. Excellent waitress. Excellent location close to interstate but quite. Nice pool area. Rooms comfortable and clean. Plenty of towels. Even though we were located on the first floor near weight room it was quiet.

The hotel was adequate for a place to crash each night.
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible

Floors were hardwood which is cold in the morning. It was difficult to find a setting on the shower control valve when one could get warm water,

Free parking

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Thrilled I chose this hotel

Always having to book shuttle coming back. It would have been better always sending the shuttle.

Shuttle fantastic. Breakfast an excellent range. Staff friendly. Pool lovely and relaxing. Many little extras.

Once you can find the hotel......the stay was excellant.....mostly due to quality of the staff!

No signage.....got lost finding the hotel even when I was in the parking lot!

Laurie at the front desk was extremely pleasant and professional.....housekeeping did a great job with cleaning the room.

I think I said it all under what I liked.
    • Queen Room

Once again, I met Keith & once again he went out of his way to give the best service. From his attire to his personality to his attitude, he surpassed the 10. I met Laurie for the first time & she also was great. The bar service was good & the bartender was answering the phone for room service, waiting on tables & taking care of the bar & was doing a good job. I miss Avril in the kitchen & wasn't too impressed with the new menu, but I would give the Hilton Garden Inn a 10 plus. Please thank Keith for me for always helping me out on the computer to print out the boarding passes. Thank you, Ann Phaneuf😀

ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL.

I LOVED EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS HOTEL WELL WORTH THE MONEY.

WHAT A DELIGHTFUL STAFF FROM THE MOMENT YOU WALK IN THE STAFF WAS SO KIND. THE FRONT DESK NO MATTER WHO WAS THERE COVERING THEY WERE SO PLEASANT. THE ROOMS ARE AMAZING CLEAN SO WELL ORGANIZED EVERYTHING SO CLEAN I LOVED IT. THE HALLWAY ARE SO BRIGHT AND CLEAN. THIS HOTEL IS A PLACE WHERE THE STAFF DOES EVERYTHING TO MAKE YOU FEEL INVITED AND THE AIRPORT IS ONLY LESS THAN TEN MINUTES AWAY SO EASY TO GET TO. ABSOLUTELY WOULD RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL YOU WILL BE VERY PLEASED.

Hectic

We were given room 320...no hot water..had no time to change rooms until after our function. They upgraded our room & threw in dinner when we made it back

The bed & pillows are great! Love having refrigerator & microwave. Danelle straightened out our problem with the visit quickly & was super professional

The staff always greeted us and made sure room service...

The pool wasn’t cleaned as often so I didn’t get to actually swim in it comfortably.

The staff always greeted us and made sure room service passed by if we had missed them by sleeping in. The room was always cleaned and the smoking area is nice and relaxing with couches and a cute small fountain

It was what I needed at the time

The woman wh responded to my request for a shuttle was short and unkind. The bus driver was "all business" did the "right thing" But was not in any way kind. He just DID HIS JOB. In fairness the manager of the hotel was really upset when I told him this and offered to pay for my cab back to the airport

Most of the staff was lovely -- the waitress at breakfast and the people behind desk. I'm disabled and was givin a very convenient room

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Best hotel!!

So very clean and very pleasant workers, especially Mr Gardens was very friendly and helpful. Great shuttle service for anytime we needed as well. Would recommend it to family and friends even come back again and again. Love this place!!!

A treat!
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible

It's always a pleasure to stay in one of these hotels. The atmosphere is friendly and inviting. Fresh water container filled with lime and pineapple at the entrance. Rooms are nice with microwave, fridge and Keurig coffee. Internet is fast. A treat to stay here.

I was very pleased and will stay again.

There was nothing about this hotel that wasn't excellent. Staff was professional at all times, friendly, and accommodating. Great job, management!

Good Place to Stay in West Palm Beach

I made several cups of coffee on the first morning and used up the 2 sweetener packets and creamers. I also took the shampoo/conditioner and lotion with me as I was going to be at the beach and using them afterwards - which I did and then threw them away. Upon returning for my 2nd night, the room had been cleaned, but there were no replacement sweetener packs and no shampoo/conditioner/lotion. I didn't report it as I did not return until 2:30 am and didn't want anyone coming to my room that late. I drank the tea without sweetener, and went to bed without being able to use moisturizing lotion. (I had to rough it! LOL) I did use the delicious coffee and 2 creamers that were there on the 2nd morning and used my toothbrush to stir the coffee since the packets normally have stirrers in them. It did not taste as good without sweetener. Again, I did not call as I was in a rush to check out and get to my train on time. Also, the air conditioner in that unit (319) made rumbling noises during the night. I was able to stop it by pushing very hard on the unit. None of these were major problems - I travel a lot and have stayed in many different hotels - but I thought you would like to know even the minor inconveniences as your hotel was fantastic otherwise.

Easy and very friendly check-in and check-out. Hotel is very nice! Room was clean and well equipped. The bed and easy chair were extremely comfortable! Plenty of big, fluffy towels in the bathroom. Extremely quiet! The coffee was delicious. I felt very safe and secure staying at this hotel while traveling alone. I was impressed with the security guards patrolling the parking lot late at night.

Disappointed but front desk service was excellent

Internet connection in room was slow and intermittent. Pool was dirty both days we used it. I was disappointed a breakfast wasn't included in the price. Carpeting - especially next to elevator, 3rd floor - was visibly dirty. When we returned from town Sunday about 2pm our room hadn't been cleaned yet. I tried to tell an employee who was cleaning rooms a couple doors down from us but she didn't understand English very well. I had to tell the front desk and Keith made sure our room got cleaned right away.

The front desk staff - especially Laurie and Keith - were excellent. Very friendly. Very helpful. Laurie always treated us like VIPs. If we ever decide to return to this hotel, it would be because of her service and personality. Lobby area was beautiful and spotless. The immediate location wasn't great but it was a quick, easy car ride to downtown West Palm Beach.

Safe, convienant and close to everything

Pool area could of been a tad bit more clean and more welcoming.. they did not stipulate that there was a $50 per day accidental fee..

Staff was great..

Great stay at another quality Hilton hotel

The door to our hotel room jammed from the inside from time to time. We had to really "shimmy" and force it open. Even had to ask help from the cleaning lady, who knew precisely what technique to use.

Good spacious room. Comfortable huge bed. Location is close to most places of interest, by car. If you're not by car the hotel also offers a shuttle to the city center.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Size of room , bedding, coffeemaker, refrigerator.

Housekeeping, room could have been done earlier each day as we were out of room, but at 2:30-3:00, had to ask to have room done. Then it was done shortly.

Size of room , bedding, coffeemaker, refrigerator. Front desk personnel, coffee and water in mornings in lobby.

It's my go to hotel when traveling!

Excellent breakfast, friendly staff, really comfortable room and bed Love the fruit water, coffee and cookies in the lobby- very refreshing and welcoming Design with high ceilings, bright light and fabric is beautiful and calming!

Unexpected pleasure

Free upgrade and the room was great. Love the complimentary lemon water and coffee in the morning in the lobby. Very helpful to have an airport shuttle exactly on time.

It was ok. But not worth the money I paid.

The first room we were in the toilet did not flush. And the 2nd room we were in the bed was hard and uncomfortable to sleep in. We did not stay the full two nights because of this.

The location of the hotel was convenient.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

I would stay here again.

The young man that checked us in and out could use improve his people skills. He was working around 7 pm on our check-in and again Sunday morning upon check out. I was a Hilton Hhonors member but couldn't find the number. He told me that I made a choice by booking third-party to not get Hhonors designation. I explained I was looking for it as I had been asked to enter that information when I booked through booking.com on a trip to Cocoa Beach just a month earlier. Then, upon check out he initially didn't want to give a receipt because we had booked through booking.com, but he did with out argument. I immediately thought "Florida isn't the south".

buffet breakfast was good and staff there was very pleasant.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Enjoyed my stay

I did notice that the pool was not heated. Their website states that it is. On my stay is wasn't all that bad since it was about 80 degrees. I would definitely recommend renting a car. The location is not very convenient to any shops or dining. The property does have a shuttle service, but I did not want to rely on that as my sole means of transportation.

Very friendly staff! I had Laura at the front desk help arrange their shuttle service to take me to a car rental, which arrived within minutes. The property is very clean and the workout area had just enough equipment to get a good workout in. I did breakfast twice. Good selection to choose from. Just keep in mind that there is a charge for the self service of fruit, bagels, juice as well as their hot breakfast which you can choose from omelettes, potatoes, etc. The rooms have a microwave and small refrigerator. This is convenient if you want to buy drinks or snacks to have during your stay.

Not a typical Hilton experience

Was awakened at 10am to loud knocking on all the walls to the right of me for 30 minutes straight which caused a severe migraine. Called to notify and ask if construction was going on and told no. Knocking stops just after I call, I hear a ladder at the elevator. 10 minutes later knocking continues but is now above me to the right. Tried to remedy my migraine for 2 hours. Finally was able to get ready. Went downstairs to report it again and was told there was no construction and no one was in the rooms around me or above me. I'm NOT crazy! Then I asked that they please service my room, it was 2pm. They said of course since it was before the requested time of 4pm. When I returned at 7pm my room had not been serviced. Not typical of Hilton service.

Hilton always has quality hotels, so I know what I'm getting.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Staff was very helpful and professional.

Pool was cold and no whirlpool. Fitness facility was small

Staff was very helpful and professional. We had a Room issue that was resolved quickly by the counter representative.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Room was nicely decorated / updated.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Shower head was cheap. Plastic and very restrictive to water flow. Very restrictive. Shower was not refreshing because of this. Automatic sensor light switches turned off my lights while showering. Went pitch black and I couldn't see. Why do this? I hate that. Pillows (king) were too soft. Wish they were firmer. I didn't ask if I could change. Perhaps I could have had that fixed.

Room was nicely decorated / updated.

Excellent, clean, friendly, and comfortable hotel.

None that I can think of.

Location was good. Liked the room glad it was hard wood floors vs. carpeting. Bed was comfortable. Liked the flavored water in the hotel lobby along with coffee. The pool was nice. It seemed to be rather clean.

Short stay for Mets game.
    • Queen Room

Probably could have stayed in a better room for less money elsewhere. Was a basic room. When asked if we wanted an omelette or pancakes for breakfast, were never told that we would have to PAY for the meal. "Waitress" made it seem like the omlette/pancakes were included with breakfast. Was surprised when we received a $25.00 bill for breakfast for two at the end of the meal. Not happy. Learned a lesson.

Liked the fact that their computer access was free. They pool area was quite lovely.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

NIce hotel maybe a better value elsewhere?

Wife wanted more than one garbage can in the suite area. A bit pricey for what you get but for the West Palm Beach downtown proximity I suppose that's what to expect.

The bath towels were very nice. The decor and look was nice. Location to our conference was great. Clean and spacious.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

Comfortable excellence location and nice staff

The pool is kind of in shades but I guess that's something you can't change to this point. It's okay .

The staff makes you feel very welcomed. The service of shuttle bus is a plus that I really took advantage of it. Nice place.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Excellent low Price for High Quality. The hourly free shuttle to the restaurant area was great!

The price was excellent for the quality. We were pleasantly surprised to see the hourly free shuttle and return to City Park where all the shops and restaurants/bars are.

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

Very comfortable airport area location.

I booked a room there so we would be close to the airport after a tiring four days in Delray Beach. We were pleasantly surprised by the whole experience. Very comfortable room, great service and food in the little cafe off the lobby. The room had fridge, microwave, coffee maker....A great place to stay if you don't mind a drive to the beach and want to be near the airport. I highly recommend it.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Good value for price for airport traveler

Chose this hotel for free shuttle from airport, but contacting them for pick up without a courtesy phone at airport was a challenge! Plus on arrival, I wanted to enjoy my own tea in the room and the only machine was a Keurig which I don't know how to use. Wanted to set alarm clock, but that didn't work. I may be a tech dinosaur, and this hotel didn't feel accommodating to me in that way. Soon I will be unable to travel at all without an (international) cell phone. Plus no signage on front of hotel so wasn't even sure I was in the right place! You walk in late at night and don't see any reception desk. Kinda awkward that way.

Very comfy bed, pillows and great shower. Free shuttle, late check out. Got a very good price for this hotel via booking.com.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Good value for money, nice location: near the airport and yet quiet

Only 1 person was checking people in when we arrived, there were many inquiries and the poor staff member couldn't keep up with all the people & phone calls (not his fault). Would have been nice to have 1 extra person.

Friendly & helpful staff, good room service & delicious food. Nice decor, spacious room.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

Short Business Trip

better explanation of breakfast set up and ordering.

Good mattress and pillows. Room was a bit cavernous (disabled access room possibly?). Room was very quiet given the proximity to busy streets and freeway.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Amazon hotel and super friendly staff

We had a terrible experience trying to get a room at the Bradley park hotel and were treated with the utmost respect when we arrived at your hotel. Your staff was so professional and caring as well as concerned about my bad experience. If ever in the area again this will be my only choice of hotels.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

Underwhelming
    • Queen Room

Food was disappointing AND not available for lunch, reception staff were pretty badly informed, pool MUCH smaller than appears online, channels on tv bad choice. Light bulbs in room not working.

One member of reception team was good and the cleaning staff friendly

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Would stay again.

Unfortunately, like every other hotel I have stayed in the pillows were useless. When you put your head on a pillow and it sinks to the bed there isn't much use for it. Why hotels cant seem to grasp this concept is beyond me.

Super clean, supper convenient to what we had going on and the cookies in the lobby were awesome.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Rooms were nice and smelt very good

That they don't tell you they charge your cars for incidentals before they do it and that it will get released when you check out. Which has not happened yet

Rooms were nice and smelt very good

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

One of the best hotels I have ever stayed at.

Nothing- it was perfect.

extremely comfortable bed and pillows. Room was extremely soundproof. Alfredo at front desk was very accommodating we arrived early and were able to get checked in and take a nap before our concert.

Bed was very uncomfortable in room.

Bed was very uncomfortable in room..time to change mattress.

Friendliness and helpful qualities in all the staff I came...

Friendliness and helpful qualities in all the staff I came into contact with

Great value and free shuttle service downtown.

Nothing really

Great value and free shuttle service downtown. And the free homemade cookies!!

My stay was wonderful and the food was great as well as the staff

The pool wasn't clean.

The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was very clean, two things that's very important to me

My stay there was wonerful

I liked everything

Was all good

Cleanliness

Everything was excellent!

Everything was excellent!!

Get location the shuttle service really made my stay a great one and rooms were big and I loved my s

Not sure of the lady name who checked me in but she was amazing and made my stay wonderful

Everything was excellent

Beautiful property once unkept.

Bathtub had chips.

Hotel has a balcony.

Refrigerator in room did not work

Bed was hard and toliet paper not stocked

Easy to find

What I expected
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible

Front desk staff very professional.

It was lovely.

Breakfast wasn’t included and they need more gluten free options.

We enjoyed staying here. It was clean and comfortable.

Notub and ice machine ran all night.

Notub and ice machine ran all night.