Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Williamsburg 3 stars

1624 Richmond Road, Williamsburg, VA 23185, USA

#25 of 75 hotels in Williamsburg

• Queen Room

The parking is an issue. No AC in the bathroom or a vent fan. After a shower and blow drying hair it is unbearable. I didn't care for the pillows.

The variety of breakfast items was great. The afternoon cookies was a nice touch. The bed was comfortable.

• Queen Room

Bath tub plug wouldn't stay up, so dirty water would collect and sit in the tub after showering. Noise from the hallway from chatting cleaners and other patrons leaving in the morning early in the morning woke us up, (walls are paper thin). Also, we could hear the pipe water running loud and clear when the person in the next room ran their taps/shower.

Location, staff were super nice, cleanliness, free fresh pastries and infused water for reafreshments all day, super fast check-in, wonderful breakfast.

Can't think of a thing.

Had never stayed at a Hilton Garden Inn before, but couldn't have enjoyed a more comfortable and beautiful establishment expecially a full hot breakfast served to our table! What a treat!!

The room smelled a bit funny when we first got there. The person before us may have been smoking in there and try to mask it with perfume.

The room was clean and well appointed. It had a microwave, Keurig, as well as a mini fridge. The breakfast was amazing And have the option of a cold bar or hot cooked to order food as well. The waffles were delicious.

The price quoted by Booking which stated taxes included and the room prices charged by Hilton was $200 difference Whoops! What the hell happen there?!! Hilton front desk kept telling us they had a shower chair but could never produce it. My fault should have booked handicapped to start with.

Breakfast was very good. Well done! Nice value. Orange juice excellent touch. Bed was very firm and sleep well. We were well rested. The cleaning staff did a fine job and disputed the language barrier were able to provide items as requested.

Coffee maker in the room didn't work and they could have provided a safe.

Staff were very helpful. The hotel is surrounded by bars and restaurants (Food For Thought diagonally accros the road is a must go to). Indoor pool is very welcoming at the end of a busy sightseeing day in Downtown Williamsburg which is only a mile or so away down Richmond Road. Coffee available in the lobby 24/7 and cookies in the early evening a nice touch.

• Queen Room

Cleaner elevators, gardens were in need of HELP. We have been staying at the Hilton for years,but it just didn't seem as good this time. The girls I was with, want me to look for another Hotel ☹ next trip. Sorry

• King Room with Bath Tub - Hearing Accessible

Room was a little humid and thermostat was not helpful in making adjustments

Room was spacious and had everything we needed. Staff was helpful and made great dinner recommendations.

Front Desk Person, Shanice, was a wonderful host. She has a beautiful smile that would light up any room! She was very warm, friendly and inviting. Thank you Shanice!

n/a

The room was clean and comfortably equipped. Large bathroom with plenty of towels. Very little noise from neighboring rooms. The breakfast was excellent with a great selection and served in a nice setting.

• Queen Room

I did not know that booking through a third party that I was not allowed to receive my reward points and when I brought it to the attention of a manager, I received the "oh well" speech and no offered assistance in the matter. The other thing that was that I had to pay and extra $10 every morning if I wanted to eat breakfast, I was fortune enough that the hotel was right next to a McDonald's.

The room was of nice size, the beds were extremely comfortable. Maybe a little weird but the water pressure at the hotel was great.

• Queen Room

Beds not real comfortable .. little lighting in the room.. Check out was noon and at 11 had a guy open the door while I had just jumped out of shower ..

Pool and hot tub ..

We felt that the hotel was overpriced for the amount we paid. Neither my wife nor I felt that it was worth $265 a night. We make it a point to stay at Hilton properties whenever possible, and this was our first visit to a Hilton Garden Inn; it will probably be our last. While the property was nice, it was not what I expected for the price. We get a better value from Hampton Inns.

Our room was well appointed and comfortable. As I have come to expect from Hilton properties overall, the hotel was nice.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

• Queen Room

We ate breakfast at the hotel each morning and it would have been great if it were included in the cost of the room. The breakfast was tasty and the waitresses were excellent. The variety was good as well. I enjoyed my stay and will not hesitate to book at this hotel again.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

• Queen Room

The room was not as clean. The pool and hot tub were questionable. I couldn't tell if either had been cleaned and chlorinated recently. The hostess at breakfast seated another, larger group before my son and me, without explaining why.

The location. It was convenient to area attractions.

We were placed in a smoking room. When I inquired, I was told since I had booked through a 3rd party, I chose price over preference. When I spoke with the manager, his response was, "I'm sorry". I was not happy with guest relations or the placement in a smoking room, especially since I was traveling with a senior citizen and I have allergies. Very disappointed, and had I known I would have cancelled the reservation. Not sure if this is a Hilton or Booking.com policy.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Short on hot water during the evening. It was fine during the morning hours. When I mentioned this at the desk they promised to look into it and adjusted my bill to compensate.

Very clean, attractive. Good value for the money.

• Queen Room

Would have enjoyed a restaurant in the hotel with a bar. One additional chair in the bedroom would have been great.

Clean room, comfortable beds, nice location and a friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• Queen Room

Beds were awful. Woke up sore everyday. Vending machine ate some of our money. Lady at the front desk was rude anout it basically implying that my husband was lying. We will never stay here again

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

Loved the fact that we showed up at 10am and they had rooms for us to check into. Ended up giving us handicap rooms because my mother has some trouble walking and it seemed to work out perfectly. Front desk staff was very nice and accommodating.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

Rooms could have been bigger. Was in a room with 2 fullsize beds. Moved up and paid extra for queen rooms. Still a bit tight. Bathroom could use an upgrade.

Good breakfast even though you have to pay for it. Good location

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

Bed was very comfortable after a full day of work and a night class as William & Mary. Staff was fantastic and knew who I was walking in the door, handed me my key and off to bed!

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

I thought the room rate was high. Breakfast should have been included.

The front desk staff was super! They were so friendly and courteous. First impressions are everything. We loved the cookies in the afternoon. We liked that the pool and gym were open 24 hours.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

• King Room - Hearing Accessible

The pillows were not comfy.

The King bed was very comfortable, having coffee/water/cookies offered daily was a +, Breakfast was delightful (loved the strawberry crepes, MTO omelets, and the waffles). There's a small full service bar available. The breakfast and evening bar staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

Most places like this provide a free breakfast not impressed with the small pantry the bar and restaurant were a joke not what I expected from what I saw online

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

Was initially placed in a smoking room in spite of requesting non-smoking. Bruno reassigned us. Did not have the heart to tell him that the non-smoking room smelled every bit as much like cigarette butts as the smoking room had. Plus, loud and rude running children EVERYWHERE, due to a baseball tournament, but that was not the fault of the Hilton Gardens... Nonetheless, I will probably not book with Hilton Gardens again if I can help it.

The staff (Bruno in particular) was exceptionally helpful, trying his best to remedy our disappointing room assignment.

• Reviewed: 16 July 2016

• Queen Room

Had some issues with the booking. The manager would not reverse the charged even staying for 2 day. Acted like it was coming out of his pocket? Total jerk and unprofessional never stay here again to much to choose from then to settle for this type of unprofessional manner stay away.

• Reviewed: 4 July 2016

We followed the signs to Hwy 64 to Buschgardens from hotel. should've stayed on 60, or one of the other small roads where drive much more pleasant and easy

clean hotel, indoor pool clean, everything works well and is clean and attractive, staff friendly and helpful, lobby welcoming, at least 2 good restaurants beside the hotel, stores and places to eat nearby, Colonial Williamsburg nearby, not too far from Buschgardens, Water Country (about 5 miles). Bed was comfortable. Quiet. Parking right outside. This hotel feels like a home away from home.

• King Room - Hearing Accessibility with Roll in Shower

it was to much money for the quality of the room,one air condition the controllers didnt work

i like the cleaniess

Close to everything.

• Queen Room

The staff was fabulous, very friendly & helpful!

• Queen Room

Had no HOT WATER couldn’t take a hot shower on Saturday.

Pool small😨

Staff was very helpful rooms clean breakfast very good!!

Room needs updating

• Queen Room

The ice machine on my floor was in need of cleaning...

Very clean...staff was very friendly...

The chef on Monday.

Very good made to order breakfast on the weekend. The chef was fantastic! Not so much on Monday.

Too short of a stay

Staff was excellent

Rooms need updating.

The Pavilion area. Lovely.

• Queen Room

Everyone was very nice and accomodating, we were in from Hampton Roads, just for a nice day trip and we enjoyed ourselves very much!

• Queen Room

Requested non-smoking room and got there the room smelled like smoke.

Breakfast buffet 5 stars

Excellent breakfast, quiet room

• Queen Room

Beds were very comfortable! Love the Kerig coffee machine in our room! Great location to area attractions!

• Queen Room

Outside the center and hard to reach without car! Internet usage requires registration with many personal details.

Good offer for the price!

• Queen Room

great location, clean and quiet. friendly and professional staff.

• Queen Room

I wish the pillows were more fluffy.

The cleanliness. How nice the lobby looked

• King Evolution Suite

Staff are always friendly and helpful.

• Queen Room

Wifi wasnt the best and no working fan in bath

• Queen Room

This is the third time I stayed there and the price has been different each time

Location,Very clean room

Nothing everything were fantastic

Clean, cozy and comfort hotel with very friendly staff. Very good location.

Pool jacuzzi did not work. Tile around pool very slippery when wet.

Bed and spacious room were good.

great hotel,very clean with nice design

Parking a bit complicated

Extremely comfortable beds, great breakfast

No one there to help load or unload the car. My husband had surgery and could not help me so I did it alone, I wont be staying there again.

To warm in hallway

Staff was great! Bartender outstanding!

• Queen Room

The quality of the rooms and restaurants

Breakfast buffet was small for size of hotel

Lumpy mattress- not comfortable.

Location, staff, comfort

I didn't like the rude staff or the small rooms that are clearly over priced

The pool was open for 24 hours a day

The bed was not comfortable

Close to everything

pillows too soft, hard bed.

Everything was wonderful except for the bed and pillows.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Easy to get back and forth to William and Mary. Code to "main drag".

Very clean and spacious rooms. A real keurig in the room!

• King Evolution Suite

Not a fan of the Keurig coffee pots but that is just a personal preference.

Very comfortable room. The hot tub and swimming pool were excellent.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

The bed was great. The reason we continue to stay with Hilton. Breakfast was great. Staff friendly

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Room had a sour odor had to go buy some febreeze!😑😕

Beds are comfortable and great customer service.

No complimentary breakfast

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

Ran out of bacon at breakfast.

Food was great, hot tub great, room very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

• King Room with Bath Tub - Hearing Accessible

Great room, large. Was less than three miles from the Colonial area. I'd stay here again.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

Mostly the helpfulness and friendliness of the staff. It was wonderful.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

• King Room - Hearing Accessibility with Roll in Shower

We didn't eat breakfast here. It cost extra and I was not hungry first thing in the AM.

• Queen Room

Pool was inside and supposed to be heated it was cold,granddaughter didnt get to enjoy it.

Location was good. Staff was very nice.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

Room was very clean.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

No breakfast included, surly attendant.

Clean, comfortable bed, nice furnishings

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

The bed was so uncomfortable that I am still soar & tired a day from being home. The curtain would not close completely to block out pole light.