Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Worcester 3 stars

35 Major Taylor Boulevard, Worcester, MA 01608, USA

#6 of 9 hotels in Worcester

• Queen Room  - Disability Access with Tub

2.00 for bottled water? The bed wasn’t the greatest. And the room was small we couldn’t use the cot because there was no room for it. The decor was nice but dated. For the price of the room I don’t think they should charge to park across the street.

Our double queen room was pleasing on the eye, colors, clean and spacious BUT the beds were awful and both were in need of upgrading! Awful sleep avoiding bumps from springs all night! Beds are key and the reason you need a room in the first place COME on Hilton !

The hotel was beautifully decorated and very open and modern. Just wonderful and the staff was lovely Pool area very nice. Colors in rooms refreshing and soothing.

Room rates where a little pricey. You would expect to pay that amount for Boston, but not Worcester.

Nice hotel, with friendly and helpful staff. You can't get any closer to the DCU.

Nothing! We were super well taken care of!

Comfortable room & bed; good breakfast; fantastic staff!!! Special shout out & commendation to Nathan, Lexi & Octavia!!!

I know it cannot be controlled by the hotel....a child having shrieking tantrums before 7am on a sunday

Clean, fast check in....close to my destination

The pool closes late night, but I understand it’s probably for safety reasons.

The person who checked us in was wonderful! Sabrina was very pleasant, welcoming, and friendly. She explained the process and the facilities and even have us some tips on places to check out in Worcester. The breakfast was wonderful as well! The chef delivers your order directly to your table and they also had a buffet like line if you wanted to eat and run. We also needed to check out a little late and the front desk staff was very understanding and accommodated us.

Ok. Coffee not great, front entrance a little confusing. Not clear if you can park there on arrival. You can. We went around to back entrance . Overnight parking across street .

Clean. Friendly staff.

The bed and price. Refrigerator froze all of my food despite adjusting the temperature.

A bit expensive. However, I got very sick and the staff provided me with water numerous times. Also, the bed was very hard and uncomfortable.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

Everything from comfort to food to the amenities... The hotel is really nice and the rooms had very light calming colors. We were extremely pleased. Awesome staff. Definitely recommend. Coming back.

The beds, though soft, were not enough support for us.

I attended the MSLA Conference at the DCU Center and loved the proximity to the venue. There were many restaurants in the area and we liked having several options. My husband enjoyed breakfast at the Hilton. I am vegan so I brought my own food. I was not sure if you could accomodate my diet.

The person at the front desk was ,not very friendly at all. Someone in that position should at least smile at the guests. Very good breakfast and very pleasant wait staff.

It was clean. The people at the restaurant were very pleasant.

Everything was great!

Everything! Stayed here a few times just to spend the weekend with the grandchildren and go swimming. The staff is always pleasant, the rooms are clean and the pool area is great! Love the location.

At check in, because of a crowd in the lobby for the Special Olympics, it was very loud. I could barely hear. We were handed our key, with no instructions as to the elevator location, Wi-Fi access, breakfast hours..nothing. We had to ask about each thing. It was not informatinve or welcoming at all. The room was very basic, cheap unattractive furniture, old bathroom, no extra pillows. But.The worst part of our stay was caused because of the lack of soundproofing. The person in the next room belched and coughed most of the night. The doors were so heaviy that we heard them slamming uo and down the halls. People talking in the halls sounded as loud as if they were in our room! In addition, we had wifi connection problems for over an hour because of the inadequate reception in our section of the hotel. We were told this. Also the refrigerator made do much noise we had to shut it off. For the price, we expected more. Much more. I just came back from The Hilton in downtown Richmond and it was less expensive and absolutely perfect. Honestly, our experience was terrible. The sink and run were not clean, we left without showering! Thank you. I rarely complain like this but our dismay was great.We chose this hotel over many others in the area. A mistake.

Heating system didn’t work, however, the room temperature was perfect, so it really didn’t matter

It was very busy with DCU events and your hotel was very crowded with a lot of excited kids. The lobby was very noisy but the rooms were very quiet. The bed was really comfortable

Asked for room closer to pool, was put on third floor away from pool. Breakfast not included, which is ridiculous for $250 a night. Having to pay $9.95 a night for parking is also crazy...give us free parking!

Loved the pillows

The breakfast wasn’t the greatest, especially for the price of 12.95 per plate. Thankfully, we were able to get free breakfast through booking.com.

The pillows were extremely comfortable and fluffy.

• King Room - Disability Access with Tub

I requested a framed picture of Nicolas Cage be at my bedside upon check-in. This did not happen.

Clean rooms, prompt service, friendly staff, convenient location

This stay was a good experience, no issues.

Comfort of room was good. Though I added a day to my stay for the weather (arriving a day early) and they forgot to keep me in the same room, so when I returned after an evening event my room key was disabled. I checked when I first arrived and was assured I had the same room for two nights. However the desk staff fixed the issue right away. Great job.

I was in town for a concert and stayed at this hotel. The hotel lobby was beautiful. Our room was perfect and in the perfect location. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. When I am in town, I will stay here again.

We found a hospital bag in our room like someone had been discharged. Which makes me feel like the cleanliness of the room was poor and the bathroom smelt like cigarette smoke.

Location was prime for the palladium

The beds were horrible and the cleanliness of the rooms was terrible. Stains on the sheet bathrooms were so dirty . If it wasn’t for the location I wouldn’t of stayed there.

Booking.com stated that Breakfast was included. When I went to the front desk they told me it wasn't. Who was correct?

Best Hotel Breakfast I ever have had. Great setup and variety.

The negative is the parking situation. You have to park in a garage and my car was vandalized. Park at your own risk and Worcester police wouldn’t even come out!

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Parking was inconvenient. The room next to us had the most obnoxious jerks ever. Up all night, loud and smoking pot. Horrible. Called the front desk and it didn't help it all. I think your security could be better.

Bed was comfortable

It wouldn't stop me from staying there again, but I have arthritis and parking is in a garage across the street.

Staff was very pleasant and helpful. Room was very inviting, bed was comfortable.

the Hotel is modern and the rooms are very nice beds are super comfy and the shower was amazing everyone that worked at the hotel that I spoke to was very friendly and helpful.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

Reception was really friendly and let us check in early so that we could get rid of our bags. The hotel was clean and comfortable. Located in city centre but very quiet. Great bar/restaurant adjoining the hotel.

The customer service etiquette of all the Hotel Staff we interacted with was outstanding. The best service that I have experience in the Massachusetts area.

Parking was in a garage across the street. They validated, but it is charged to the room I think. Also, I was checking in at prime time around 4:30 p.m. Took me a few trips around the block to figure out where I could park my car to check in. Took my bag upstairs to my room and then had to go back to drive to the garage and park. Not as convenient as on-site parking where you can just leave your car.

Cook to order breakfast - ordered a specialized veggie omelet which was done exactly (even a combo of egg whites and yolks). However, breakfast is not free - I believe it was $12.99 because of what I ordered (omelet, fruit). Great central location in downtown Worcester. Great for anyone visiting WPI - in walking distance if needed. On a busy street but room was quiet. Must have great noise abatement windows, insulation.

It was great place to stop in between our journey to Maine. The room was clean, the pillows were fluffy, which I like. Uno restaurant was attached to hotel and great place to grab a drink after a long journey.

Outdated. The room decor was pretty awful, you had to park in a parking garage across the street which was inconvenient and unattended so a bit scary, no valet. A dead area of town. The bathroom was small and there was no free newspaper in the morning.

Staff was friendly, helpful and professional. Bed was very comfortable. Shower was great.

Can't think of anything we didn't like.

Our room was very clean and comfortable. The hotel employees were courteous and also very helpful and made us welcome . The breakfast they provided for us was delicious as well as their service at the chef's station.

J the front office supervisor has went above and and beyond both times I stayed there and she would be the reason me staying there whenever I come back. Thank you J for making me feel at home away from home.

Bottom sheet on one bed was badly stained and had a dime sized hole/rip. No morning coffee in lobby pots. My husband checked several times without luck. Desk help was busy so my husband wasn't able to inquire.

Convenient location New modern decor

Hotel was located in downtown did not think about parking,it was easy to park but I had to pay for it per night that was sad part.

I really like the location, easy to find and staffs were very friendly

• King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

Parking

Pillows were fantastic - The view wasn't all that much - We were in the back of the hotel and a little noisy. Room was small, clean and adequate. Wifi was excellent.

Parking garage across the street cost about $12.00 per in and out with validation and the garage was our view.

Room was comfortable, but decorated in an unusual aqua color. Room fridge and coffee bar. Indoor pool area looked clean and inviting, but we did not have a chance to use it. Laundry area and internet room were available. Coffee in the lobby every morning was of good quality. Restaurants within walking distance.

Staff a bit sassy. No complementary coffee available all day in lobby. Parking desk across the street inconvenient with children, and all the gear they require.

Enjoyed breakfast for $12.95. Loved the convenience of the attached UNOs restaurant, easy to dine with kids without having to load into a car. Parking a bit of a hassle with children. Clean rooms, and bathrooms.

Very noisy street sounds; pillows not supportive; 4 pm check-in; unnecessarily complicated phone system: when we called to ask for earlier check-in we were led to automated menu, then were on hold for prolonged periods, and finally told that we had to appear in person to ask for an earlier check-in. When we did, the staff at the desk were wonderful and very cooperative. Why we couldn't have gotten this information by phone is a mystery.

Convenient, free parking; central location for attending a family funeral; attractive design; walking distance to restaurants; indoor pool on site; warm, helpful staff

So much: - you have to park in a public garage across the street. It rained when I was checking in. That was a real drawback. - because you have to park in across the street, you can't automatically check out as you need the staff to stamp your garage ticket. This means you will get the heavy sale to join the Hilton Honors program. I had to ask for my stamp three times before the clerk stopped passive aggressively changing from the subject of Hilton Honor rewards. - the TV's HDMI port was locked, so if you are trying to watch something from your computer to your TV, it won't work. - but the free Internet wasn't good enough for streaming anyway, so I guess it's OK that the TV was locked - the room had a combination of green furniture/curtains with blue-hued florescent lighting. It was so depressing. The room reminded me of a dystopian science fiction movie where everyone was in a corporate nightmare. It's as if the room was a giant cubicle.

The lobby was very nice. There is a Pizzeria Unos attached to the hotel so there is something to do.

The parking situation is a little confusing. I just wished it had been explained somewhere before checking in. It's certainly not a deal-breaker, it would have just saved a little stress.

Proximity to the DCU center and parking garage can't be beat. The staff were friendly and responsive, including when I had an issue with the printer in the Business Center.

Place what great! Staff was wonderful, the breakfast was fantastic!! So much better than the usual buffet style, You actually get to order and it is cooked right then! Great job by all st this hotel.

We didn't have any complaints the property was amazing and very comfortable in every way

The rooms were beautiful vintage meets art deco....turqouise and shades of blue...the bed was so comfortable and inviting!! The view we had was awesome overlooking the city and a mural

Parking garage is across a busy street and doesn't feature a covered walk and was not included in the rate. Left a shirt to be cleaned and thought it was an overnight thing, based upon assurances from the staff. Stopped by in the morning to find out it would be delivered the following morning. Thankfully, was able to retrieve my shirt that morning - otherwise, ugh! Still, will definitely consider staying here again in the future.

Good stay, in general. Clean and comfortable room. Staff promptly (and with no hassle!) moved move from original spot that was close to the elevator.

Breakfast was shown as being included when I reserved the room and it was actually a $14 breakfast buffet. My fiancee and I were disappointed when we found out we couldn't even get a bagel in the morning.

Bed was very comfortable after a long drive.

• King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

Big room. Easy room temperature control. Very comfortable bed. Good sized bathroom, with plenty of large towels. Helpful staff. Room Service was quick. Overall, a great experience!

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Jus the location of the hotel is a bit iffy, that is not their fault but the cities itself. 5 min Dr to WPI.

The rooms were neat and clean. The breakfast was great and they served complimentary flavorded water and tea and cookies.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Not a deal breaker but it would be nice to offer valet parking year round

The front desk staff is amazing! We were in traffic for 2 hours on our way there due to an accident so it was nice to be welcomed with smiling faces :-) Uno's is connected to the hotel and even offers room service - very convenient !!

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

when i got there, the ac was on in the room. it was 34 degrees outside! Hector fixed it and I understand if the last people left it on, but the cleaning team should have turned it off! The parking STINKS. In addition to the extremely high cost to stay there, they charge for parking.

i liked the hot tub. I like the staff. the maintenance guy hector was the nicest person!

No hassle. The manager was awesome. The girl that checked me was great. I had to wait a while for a second room so I was offered breakfast for free. That was really nice.

no rooms available for our next trip

Staff friendly and helpful Free coffee in the morning lobby water to drink and cookies valet went to car to get our forgotten luggage so we didn't have to go out in the 10 degree weather

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

• King Suite

Staff wasn't very friendly when you walk in the door

I needed a cake and your staff helped me late night get the next best thing. A cupcake with a candle

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

outdated room decor, there was a party on the 2nd floor the night I stayed. Could here the music all the way on 4th floor.

cean, graet cutomer service!

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

If you want me to knit pick, elevator could have been quieter and smoother.

I had the omelet, so good I personally thanked the gentleman who made it. Had to.😀

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

They over charged me for the room, 2x and it took a great deal of time and phone calls and the last phone call had to get nasty, just to get it straightened out.

Staff were great to accomodate us when a issue with the reservation happened.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

The restaurant was closed so we were offered a free breakfast the next day however it was not ready at 7:30 and I had to leave to get to my conference.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

High price for lodging. It is not the best value for the money spent. The parking garage should have a better system for hotel stayed customers. Key cards that work with the parking garage would be a great addition if possible.

The staff was willing and helpful. The rooms and facilities were very comfortable, clean, and orderly. Breakfast was the best I've had at a hotel. Overall, it was a very good experience.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

The bed was uncomfortable. We sank into it so deep it was hard to move or get out.

Staff was great. Upon check out, the desk agent asked if everything had been to our liking. I mentioned the bed and she comped our breakfast. Because of her consideration and the fact that everything else was just fine, we would come back.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

Room was a little outdated had to pay for parking . I was invited to use the parking garage not told of fee

location was great. staff friendly. facility clean

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

If I had to say something would be the walls were thin, but wasn't really an issue. I can imagine if people were there for a concert or an event, might have been different.

Staff super friendly and helpful. Some issues at check in were immediately taken care of and compensated for. Rachel, in the morning at the desk, so genuinely sweet and kind. Very helpful with her information.

there were three trays of half-eaten room service food at the end of our hall (which happened to be right next to our door) from the time we checked in at 4:30 in the afternoon Friday until we checked out the next day. by then it had started to smell a bit funky. it was a surprising contrast to the clean appearance of the rest of the place.

clean room, fairly comfortable, decent breakfast for $12

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

The parking is across the street. The noise from trains and garbage trucks made it hard to sleep. It was more expensive than others but not as good as we had hoped.Keys to our room didnt work but a maintenance man was working across the hall and got us new keys. Hotel seems to need a lot of fixes.

Good location. Nice staff and comfortable beds.Breakfast offered lots of choices but we didn't want to pay 12.95 for hot meal so we opted for cold which was good.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

Drain cleaner was left on a shelf near the refrigerator and waist level. I paid high price because I stayed the Saturday of a holiday weekend, but the hot tub was closed for regular maintenance. Why do maintenance during that same time frame? I paid convention room tax but yet was not attending a convention? Parking not included but was told by parking attendant that the hotel validated, they did but then added the charge to my bill. The all you can eat breakfast buffet is a complete rip off and there's not enough staff to help you and I paid $30 for 2 people, food is not better than a IHOP or Denny's.

The location was perfect to attend a concert at the DCU center.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

Easy to get to, accessible to places in the area, we had a problem with our room, but the staff bent over backwards to accommodate us and switched rooms.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

It seems that when you book via Booking. Com you get the worst room location. This time I had the 3 d floor facing the backyard with all early morning noisy mess ( garbage vehicle, all delivery cars, etc). All my friends who booked their rooms directly at the hotel got better rooms ( 5th floor, no backyard noise :(((((((

Really good location, breakfast and all room facilities

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

Their internet was down when we arrived, so no check-ins could be done. In my career, you always ate prepared to function without internet if needed. Asked us to sit and wait and that they would get us when they could register us. They didn't. They proceeded to check in multiple groups who arrived after us. No compensation for inconveniences. We didn't even get the welcome bag all other guests received.

Very comfortable linens, high quality thread count.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

When we got there, desk agent said no kings available..."we have a wedding." I had booked a king. Someone else helped and they 'found' one. I don't know why presence of wedding was relevant to my stay.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

It took 2 calls over a period of almost an hour and a half to get someone to come find out why our tv didn't work and then at 8 am the cleaning staff was tapping on our door and trying to use their cards to get in. Make sure you hang your Do Not Disturb sign at night to avoid this. Parking was an extra $10, didn't expect that expense.

Friendly and helpful staff, Room was in great condition, clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

One night we didn't get sufficient towels, however once i called down to the front desk they brought me what I needed.

Good location. Staff is friendly.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

Spent $160 for one night and they did not have complimentary breakfast.The bathrooms were rather small and I am surprised because the rest of the hotel seems so modernized.

Perfect location. We went to a concert out there and it was a 3 min walk from the hotel. The rooms were lovely and blue. Very comfortable beds and it was a beautiful hotel overall.unos is attached to the hotel another plus. The staff was helpful.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

The room we booked of of booking.com looked much better online. The room that we picked online was a 2 queen bed with a entry room that had a couch, the room we checked into only had 2 queen size beds, no entry room with couch. The lady that checked us in just needed to smile a little. Everyone one else was very friendly. I would verify your reservation and room type with the hotel if you book off of booking.com,chances are your room will look nothing like the pictures.

The hotel is in a great location.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

Parking was not ideal, being across the street in a garage. Luckily for me, it was weekend and I didn't have to deal with heavy traffic.

Breakfast was very good. The bed was not, Stiff. Staff was friendly, helpful.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

Didn't like that breakfast wasn't included in the rate! Also the roll out mattress should be a bit more comfortable, even my son said it was not comfortable. All the springs were felt when Laying in it.😱

I love that u had a variety of options for breakfast and the service and workers were very polite!!

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

The only complaint I had is that the pillows were too soft with not enough support for my neck.

The room we had was beautiful and spacious. The staff was very friendly and eager to please. Overall, it was an excellent place to stay with restaurants in walking distance.

The Pool hours ended too early.

The staff was cordial.