Reviews of Hilton Hasbrouck Heights-Meadowlands 3 stars

650 Terrace Avenue, Hasbrouck Heights, NJ 07604, USA

#3 of 3 hotels in Hasbrouck Heights

Only 1 place to plug anything in within the room.

Only 1 place to plug anything in within the room. No mini fridge. There were people "camping out" in the hallway in front of our room at 1:00 in the morning. I had to call security to have them do something about it. We always have stayed at this Hilton when coming to NJ. It has gone downhill.

Very nice accommodations

It was somewhat difficult to find an electrical outlet to charge our phones. A magnifying mirror and/or better lighting in the bathroom would be greatly appreciated.

As a Hilton Honors member we were given an upgrade when I asked about it. We were in a very nice, spacious Junior Suite. I loved the soothing color scheme!

The room needs a really thorough cleaning!

The room needs a really thorough cleaning! This hotel is NOT what I expect from a Hilton property. I would not book here! I had three day weekend and left on day two!

bed felt great, great location

1. Paid for a King room, was given a double and told, "room selection is just a preference", although my reservation did NOT say that. 2. I paid for a refrigerator and microwave, didnt receive them until midday, my last day 3. Checkin woman was more upset that I was mad what i paid for was not given, AND it was 2am. One minute they were filled to capacity, the next she was acting like she was doing me a favor by giving me ---what i paid for!

bed felt great, great location

Kenj stay in Jersery

The room were clean. The king size bed was amazingly comfortable and soft. Love every minute of the stay. Thank you and will reserve again when im in Ny and in Jersery

Clean rooms with nice lobby.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bathrooms are a little out of repair. Needs good dusting and some paint. Brings down a nice room. Check in staff not very friendly.

Clean rooms with nice lobby.

130/night for a 1300/night experience.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

It may be very difficult to find a flaw other than having to ask for a higher floore and still being given a room on the 6th. I also would have preferred if breakfast was included in the stay, but that's not such a big deal.

clean, professional staff, excellent sleeping environment.

It was a nice place.

The shade in the room didn’t come down so I had shining lights all night!

It was raining and it was a short trip so I really didn’t get to walk around the area. The street was packed with traffic!!

Location is great!

noise levels

Location is great! Parking is easy and free! I traveled alone and felt safe and secure. The room was clean and comfortable. But the housekeeping staff was so loud that they woke me up every morning at 8:00am. I was traveling from the west coast so I was super jet lagged and their noise was difficult for me. Also no room service was inconvenient. Overall, the good outweighs the bad. I would stay here again and would recommend it to others.

Enjoyed my stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The fact that there was not a refrigerator in the room.

The best was the staff. Jennifer A. is OUTSTANDING!!!! She took care of everything. She went above and beyond and exceeded all expectations. I wish all hotels had someone like her. My stay was so much better because of her.

not great as this was a hilton hotel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

service was not good from the front door i had to take my luggage to my room and had no help at all from porter or staff at i had a very bad back from this and was not happy having to find a trolley and my wife how is ill was not happy as this was a treat for her to stay at a HILTON HOTEL AND did not have enough milk in the room for coffee .

the beds and the bath room

Above comments are self explanatory.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Hotel charged my credit card more than my booking amount as my booking amount was 465.50 Where as hotel charged 533.58 from my card.At the time of check out I asked them to give receipt but they told me that I would receive the receipt by email. So when I received the email I found this discrepancy. Now what should I do and from whome should I recover the amount. Secondly It has adversely reflected upon your excellent reputation. I am your regular customer but never encountered this type of situation. Please save your reputation. Secondly there was faulty safe and Choked drainage. Insipite of repeated complaints it was not corrected which had made my stay uncomfortable.

First trip to the Meadowlands

The place was clean and roomy and comfortable but it did not have a small refrigerator. We have medicine that should be in the refrigerator but packed a small cooler bag. I did not see anything on the website about a frig so we packed accordingly.

The rooms were clean and roomy and bed was very comfortable.

Comfortable

The pillows. You need to get rid of the feather pillows and get regular ones. It too fluffy that I had to call up for more. It have me a headache the next morning because of my stiff neck.

I loved the space, the softness of the bed. And I liked the lounge area we had on the 10th floor.

Quiet and simple.... I did not want a complicated weekend and I got it.

Television should be turned to apple tv or Netflicks and other options should be available. Also, when I wanted to extend my stay it seemed no one could give me a straight answer about rate or make it easy for me to extend, ie. I was told I had to come down during ordinary time of check out to then check in again as a walk in, because I used a third party reservation. It was too challenging to extend so I left when my prior reservation was up.

Great view and great bed. Very straight forward modern room.

Great Location, Extremely Nice Venue, Would Stay Again

Everything was great.

They gave me an executive suites after I asked for a couple of particulars & I was not expecting that. Very friendly, especially Sebastian the manager was great.

Will be back for sure
    • King Room with City View

There was no fridge in the room other than that nothing

Complimentary water when we checked in and the staff was extremely friendly and he hotel was great overall

Beautiful view of the NYC skyline.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

We allowed the cleaning people to come in and clean our room and they didn't change the sheets, just put the comforter over them. I hope they change them for the next person coming in......

Beautiful view of the NYC skyline. Nice overlook to the pool.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Location is fantastic - great acres to New York City and New...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff need to smile more - I have stayed here many times and even grew up in this town - unfortunate my last stay was disappointing - expected more from the staff - no smiles - no greetings and just seemed overwhelmed

Location is fantastic - great acres to New York City and New Jersey's best shopping area in Paramus

Not worth it.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I made special requests to accommodate my mother who was recovering from knee replacement surgery to be close to the elevator and if possible on the first floor, basically as little walking as possible, and upon checking not only were they not met but the woman at the front desk said Booking.com sent no special requests and our room was literally the last room possible at the end of a hallway furthest from the elevator. The bathroom was dirty. There were little hairs all over the bathroom, shower, sink, floor, ceiling etc., there were pumpkin seeds on the bathroom floor behind the door and the shower did not drain. Which meant my mother had to stand in few inches of water when already unstable on her feet. The coffee bar wasn't stocked after the previous occupants which I didn't notice until after a made us cups of coffee, called front desk for sugar and creamers and 45 mins later had to call again, by the time I got them the coffee was cold.

The pillows and bed were very comfortable and seemed clean. The parking was excellent. Many handicapped parking spots and all were extremely close to the entrance.

Great hotel but needs some tender loving care in my room
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The sink faucet was loose and leaked under the sink to the floor, and the toilet took forever to refill. The grout in the bathroom was mildew and cracked. There was no refrigerator which I expected to have.

Beautiful hotel and at the right location for me

Clean, comfortable and convenient
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

We stayed one night on a visit to family in the area. The location was very convenient to the highway and was the perfect place to stay for the things we wanted to do in Fort Lee. It was also a quick drive into Manhatten for our day in the city. The property was very clean and well-kept. The shower had good pressure and was easy to adjust. The parking is plentiful and near either the front or back entrance. We had breakfast at the hotel the next morning. It is the usual Hilton Buffet and not cheap. But everything was nicely laid out and tasty. The waitstaff was extremely friendly and accommodating. Overall an excellent stay.

Decent, but disappointed

the room itself looked like it hadn't been dusted in quite some time. The tables, the top of the ice bucket was extremely dirty along with the metal tissue holder in the bathroom. Wasn't aware that there was no fridge or microwave. Disappointed.

The variety of tv channels

Nice place to sleep but not for getting any work done.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Business center? What a joke. A couple computers, nowhere to use USB. Printers were marginal at best. Had tp try and print then get staff to scan and email back just to get documents. They should not sdvertise they have a business center when they don't have anything close.

Quiet

The hotel is clean and location is perfect for traveling to...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The pillows were to soft for me. The ice machine wasn't working on my floor. I had to go a floor above or below.

The hotel is clean and location is perfect for traveling to and from New York City. The staff are friendly. The bed was comfortable. It wad a pleasant stay.

Looking for a place to unwind, relax and regroup? Look no further

No free internet

Room was clean and spacious. Bathroom was immaculate. Even made coffee in my room. I slept like a baby and their was no hallway noise. Perfect. Looking for a place to unwind, relax and trgro

The bed was comfortable

The tub didn't drain water. The staff confirmed I would get a fridge and microwave and then when I called later, they said they had none available and my food all spoiled.

The bed was comfortable

Room & stay was good, breakfast & coffee (costing additional $9) very expensive.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Ordinary/regular Breakfast is EXPENSIVE & NOT included in room price. Coffee costs additional $9 on top of expensive breakfast cost. Usually in most restaurants coffee is included with breakfast cost. Found it very strange indeed!! Missing a small Fridge in room, very useful sometimes.

Cleanliness; housekeeping; bed, sheets & pillow; bathroom & towels, room space & temp. are all good. Staff polite & helpful. Coffee maker in room is good and coffee tastes good too.

Top Notch
    • King Room with City View

I did not like how booking.com tells me i could pay cash on site, but this particular hotel does not accept cash.

Loved the bathroom, the bed was almost as if it were hypnotic, sending me into an amazing sleep!

Nice stay. Don't see why it it doesn't have a higher rating
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

A heated pool would be nice. No airport shuttle to EWR.There are shuttles to JFK and LaGuardia.Food is average but service was good.

Staff was very helpful and courteous. I can't remember being so well treated. Shuttle service to public transportation was helpful getting into NYC and to a family event nearby. Shuttle was available to take you to local dining.Great view of New York City skyline from our room. Clean and neat.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Shuttle to the bus stop, no shuttle available coming back...

Shuttle to the bus stop, no shuttle available coming back from bus stop. Had to walk or call cab ourselves, they didn't offer to call cab for us. My wife broke her foot walking back from bus stop.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

I booked a week in advance for a king room, when we checked in I was told there were no king rooms and then had to wait for them to get one ready. The bed and pillows were very uncomfortable.

Mediocre hotel at best.

Food in the restaurant was crazy overpriced and not worth it at all. The dinner for the two of us cost as much as the hotel room. Word of advice: order takeout.

The bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

The facility was ok.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The restuarant food was very average and expensive

The facility was ok. Staff were very attentive at times. Sometimes, particularly in the restaurant no one could be found.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

Perfect spot for Valentine's Day.
    • King Room with City View

My husband and I had a lovely valentine's day. The staff was nice and the breakfast was amazing. The waiter we had was super magnificent, he made sure we were comfortable and always refilled my glass of orange juice.

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

Comfortable Stay Hotel with Solid Amenities and Great Food

No good access to other restaurants. Although the food cost was extremely high, the service and quality was very good. No appliances in rooms - microwave or refrigerator. There was access to one microwave in the lobby area.

Bed was great. Shower was fabulous! Elevator was fast. People were really helpful (ok, there was one grumpy person; but overall, the rest of your staff was very friendly and helpful). Pretty clean hotel as well. Amazing food!

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

the staff was above accommodating.
    • King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

I didn't like the bed in the handicapped room. The height of the bed was great. but there was a huge divot in the center. it was very difficult to get out of the bed. Room 602. A small fridge would have been a great convenience too.

the staff was above accommodating. Carlos was so helpful. I am disabled and he helped me above and beyond with my bags.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Met Life Stadium
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I thought the room was very comfortable. A couple of small things could used to be repaired like some tiles in the bathroom. The bed and pillows very comfortable. Didn't eat at the hotel but the menu looked good. The staff was very nice.

Horrible experience!!!

No courtesy at all!!! I booked 3 rooms to get ready here for my wedding, I talked to Rachel she works in the costumer service department and told her that the wedding was at 2 and that I needed a late checkout for all the rooms, she said that it wasn't a problem that it could be arranged the same day and it will be 50 dollars per room for that. She said she couldn't give me a discount because it was only 3 rooms so it was better for me to do it online. The day before the wedding when I went to the hotel they told me they couldn't do the late checkout that I had to leave the room at 11 because they were getting a big group coming in the next day. I was devastated, how can this be happening the day before my wedding? They told me I can keep all 3 rooms if I payed an extra night. I told them They had enough time to clean the room if I stayed until 2:00 because the checking was at 4:00. They told me that because it was my wedding they will do me "the favor" to stay in the room until 12, I told them that at that time I will be getting my Hair and makeup done that I did the reservation only for that porpoise. After all the arguing and tears in my behalf they told me 1:30. I wanted to get ready for my wedding in a nice hotel. I wanted to be comfortable. I spent the night before my wedding crying and I couldn't sleep the whole night. Not only the experience was horrible, the facilities were bad too, the room was hot, the ac wasn't working properly. They weren't accommodating to me, my wedding party, the fotographers and videographer. For the price neither the rooms and the facilities were great. Everything seems old.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

Perfect and restful
    • King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

The location was convenient for a person traveling a longer distance like I did. The facility is beautiful, clean, and there was a life to the place. The view of NYC skyline at night, breathtaking. Loved my stay from start to end. Would use this hotel again and recommend it to everyone I know.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

I was very displeased.

I found a used men's sock in the coffee setup. The bathroom floor was not washed. The whole building was falling apart.

Sorry to say that there was nothing I liked.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

Did not live up to expectations

We requested early check in and were told we could not check in until 4 which was an hour after posted check in. The staff was not helpful or friendly. Never received a bill.

The pool was amazing.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

This place was awesome
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I could have booked through them instead of book it. There was no difference in price. All the ads book it sent me to save money ect .. and price was the same. The hotel was fantastic, but no thanks to book it.

The staff and facilities were fantastic Very accommodating to my needs and requests. Had car trouble while there so had to stay at the hotel. Very best stay cation

Check in was quick.

No fridge or microwave.

Check in was quick. Bed was fine.

Clean property with nice location
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Clean bed, room, and bathroom. A/C was working as expected. Beds were comfortable. Location is good too - just couple minutes off the highway.

We expected a better restaurant.
    • King Room with City View

We expected a better restaurant.

I'll be back.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

They honored a promise made to me by a previous manager on a previous visit.

A little far from Manhattan.

A little far from Manhattan. So not ideal for visiting as a tourist for NYC

A little far from Manhattan.

A little far from Manhattan. So not ideal for visiting as a tourist for NYC

Value for money

No fridge

Environment

EXCELLENT, DEFINITELY WILL RETURN.

OVERALL ALL ROOM, AND SERVICES AT FRONT DESK

Pool was closed for the weekend the 3rd party did not inform...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Pool was closed for the weekend the 3rd party did not inform me, it was a waste of time but the Manager Sandy was very helpful and accommodating.

excellent and convenient. very comfortable
    • King Room with City View

location to where we needed to go next day

The bed

The bed

You will enjoy comfort when you stay

Nothing to say

Excellent hotel and food

Room linens smelled like they were not clean.

Smell of the linen

Room linens smelled like they were not clean.

No refrigerator in the room

No refrigerator in the room

have a very good restaurant
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Hotel without breakfast, no service, accountant dept. is bad

have a very good restaurant

Will go again.

Walking down 11 floors during a fire alarm. False alarm thank God.

The beds were great. Great facility.

Perfect for what I needed, will stay again when I visit friends

Staff friendly

I would stay in this hotel again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

The bed was very comfortable and the staff was very friendly.

They did comp me 50% off
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

No exhaust fan key entry in rear didn't work ice machine broke elevators broke indoor pool out of service

The skyline view

Loved it, great staff, clean property, will stay there again and again!!
    • King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

No smoking room, had to go outside

My room wasn’t ready when I got there, the staff was amazing and upgraded my room

Stay here only if necessary

It's old and needs a good clean.

Hotel is below adequate, wouldn't have stayed here if it wasn't out of necessity.

Great place but snobby staff was a big turn off for me to ever want to go back

Staff a bit snobbish and not really all willing to help

Location for where I was visiting

OVERALL MY STAY WAS OK
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

THE TUB IN THE BATHROOM DID NOT DRAIN SO TUB WAS HALF FULL BY THE TIME MY SHOWER WAS DONE.

GREAT value with a short drive into Manhattan.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

GREAT value with a short drive into Manhattan. We went with a tour group and they were so accommodating with 90 of us!

Very easy and comfortable
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I only stay one night by the place looks very nice, clean,...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

room did not had a refrigerator

I only stay one night by the place looks very nice, clean, organized and friendly staff, the rooms where excellent.

perfect

Na

location room staff

Excellent and convenient.

Cold weather. Haha😉

Friendly and helpful staff.

They where nice n kind
    • King Room with City View

It wasn't nun I didn't like

They where nice n kind

Okay stay

The beds was too small

Close to a 7-Eleven

The bed was super comfy
    • King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

There were no little shampoos, I had to use soap to wash my hair

The bed was super comfy

I’d absolutely stay again. Easy booking and check in. Nice upbeat happy atmosphere.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff was professional, nice and accommodating. Always smiling.