Reviews of Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort 4 stars

2005 Kalia Road, Waikiki, Honolulu, HI 96815, USA

#91 of 280 hotels in Honolulu

• Reviewed: 20 October 2018

Average hotel for the price.

Lack of toilet facilities around the lagoon. Long queues. Booked as a group but when we got to the hotel we had to pay for rooms individually which meant added bank fees and conversion fees . Nothing special about the rooms at all .

Multiple pools

• Reviewed: 19 October 2018

Nice hotel on the beach but too pricey
    • Rainbow Tower Ocean View with King Bed

There were several things I didn’t like, one the private lagoon is really just a large pool. It was overly hyped up and really not anything worth going into. I also did not like how expensive it was for a room with a partial view. I paid for a full ocean view for my husbands birthday and I got a partial view. Lastly, there was a cost for everything: parking is $40 a night, no life jackets for rent or use and you have to pay for a basic chair on the beach.

I loved the location, it was right on the beach.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Pleasant
    • Kalia Tower City View with King Bed

Would have preferred to be closer to Waikīkī, had an issue with cleaning of room on our second last day, wasn’t done until I drew someone’s attention to it and was told ‘sorry housekeeper goes at 3pm’. Finally had room done when I complained.

The facilities were great for my 11 yr old grandson.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Three days in paradise made even better by the wonderful accommodations at Hilton Hawaiian Village.
    • Ocean View Room with King Bed

Not a big concern, but the check-in process was a bit of a zoo, especially when a bus full of guests arrived ahead of us, all with luggage in hand. The staff did well in handling the chaos and quickly got us checked in.

As our room was not ready when we arrived, the hotel upgraded us to a small suite which offered a spectacular view of the ocean, the lagoon, and the property from both balconies and the breakfast sitting area. Though the hotel was within easy walking distance to a number of great restaurants off the property, we found the best food on site at the property...including Bali Steakhouse.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Lovely resort with lots to do. Great access to the beach. Beautiful gardens. Lots of people!
    • Ali'i Tower Partial Ocean View with Two Double Beds

Buffet breakfast was a bit disappointing. Waiting until 3pm to check in was difficult after a long flight.

We stayed in the Ali'i - the room was spacious and bathroom was excellent. Customer service was terrific. We liked the bracelets that gave us priority service in some parts of the Village.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Great facilites, but exceptionally busy. Will stay elsewhere nextime.
    • Resort View with Two Double Beds – Mobility Accessible Tub

Overall the concept of this hotel is flawed. There are just too many rooms available/capacity for the amenities and complex facilities. Basically you have 7+ high rise unit towers and Hilton have slapped a sign above the reception and check-in area. Facilities are great however each one is very busy. Basics like checking in took 40+ minutes - inexcusable! Tour desk kept offering the "Hilton Grand Vacation" ownership scheme rather than any actual tourist activities such as Pearl Harbour, Aquarium, zoo etc. Staff let you know how lucky you are at check-in that a water front room has become available, however instead of a free upgrade say "oh it's another $90/night as well." Or when you check-in in early they will charge the $75 (after waiting 40+ minutes!). Little things like that at other hotels I've found they pass savings to the customer. This bluntly feels like a business whose primary concern is their profits, not their guests. Very disappointed.

The hotel has great access for disabled people. This also means great access for young children in stroller/prams. The staff around both the Lagoon and Paradise pool were excellent.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

The pools and access to the beach.
    • Resort View with King Bed

Better signage for the different buildings. One of your white bartenders subtly treated me like I was underage, but I’m Asian and in my 30s... I also didn’t like the time share solicitors near the front desk.

The pools and access to the beach. The cleanliness of the rooms.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

The resort itself was amazing
    • Ocean View Room with King Bed

Upon check in Emerita had a negetive attitude and basically brushed off my questions and was complaining about my upgrade to a coworker in her native tongue at the desk when i fully understood the language, when i was done with the check in she didnt even let me know until i asked if we were done.

The resort itself was amazing

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

Location!
    • Rainbow Tower Ocean Front with King Bed

Room amenities could have been better. At ~$400 a night, I expected a better seating area, storage, etc. The room is basic, something more like a $200/ngt room.

Location! Beach was great. Stores and restaurants we're great.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Had a great time.
    • Partial Ocean View with King Bed

Food was over priced compared to other restaurants in the area. Slightly understaffed and had to wait every time to get a table eventhough there was plenty of empty tables around.

Location was awesome.Staff were helpful had a really good time

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Fantastic.
    • Resort View with King Bed

We loved the location of the Hau Tree Cantina and the easy relaxed atmosphere. We loved the live music every night at the Tapa Bar. We loved the friendly and efficient staff and the relaxed atmosphere.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

Great for the family, everything at the front door so a very stress free experience. Loved it.
    • Rainbow Tower Ocean View with Two Double Beds

the breakfast was excellent for the most part. we did have one poor experience but overall it was great. the staff were all very friendly and helpful.

Plenty to do and see.
    • Tapa Tower City View Family room with Three Double Beds

The Tapa Tower was slightly tired looking maybe needs a freshen up but was very clean!

Plenty to do and see. Loved that all towels were provided and room was very clean.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

Exceptional staff service ,optimum location of the beach and walk away from town
    • Resort View with King Bed

Room for improvement in providing affordable breakfast /brunch options to guests

Friendly and helpful staff, exceptional service upon checkin to assist our needs, good amenities ,location, views, cleanliness

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

Stay was enjoyable. Location was great as was beach access. Staff were friendly in all aspects.
    • Resort View with King Bed

More dining options on the property would have been preferred. The Diamond Head hotel lobby felt more like a university residence building than a higher end hotel. Not very impressive. Although some larger beach towels were available, there were few so the beach towels for the most part were small.

The rooms were spacious and clean. Staff were friendly and helpful. The grounds were well maintained and clean. We enjoyed our stay!

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

We loved the HHV, great pools, great service and large, well-appointed rooms with awesome views!
    • Ocean View Room with King Bed

In room Coffee – You should either have a kettle or Nespresso machine for in-room guests. Filter coffee system tastes like dirty-dish water. (Not directly related to hotel but endorsed by staff) Taxi service with 'fixed price' from hotel to airport was a little shonky. Driver charged twice the amount and then reluctantly offered deal, once pressed. Then, he only accepted cash – with a tip – as he claimed he couldn't use his credit card machine within the cab. We had use an ATM at the airport to pay for fare, even though we where pressed for time.

Bed was extra comfy, staff where quick to replenish room supplies. Pools where fabulous, quick service around poolside.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

FANTASTIC BUT 2% Short!
    • Resort View with King Bed

The Korean information desk? wasn't willing to help as I am American but Korean-blooded. I simply asked about an activity, and the information staff told me she can't help me so I should ask the activity desk. She specifically said she can only help Korean tourists? Had no idea what she was talking about. I was hoping there was a lifeguard at the lagoon (or maybe I didn't get to see). The paradise pool was so crowded with bigger children acting a bit wild doing pull-ups under the bridge when I had my 2 year-old swimming there. One of the room lights was not working. There was a small spider web on the wall of restroom. The trash cans were too small; could be bigger.

I liked the lagoon and paradise pool very much.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

The view was beautiful from our hotel room.
    • Partial Ocean View with Two Double Beds

The view was beautiful from our hotel room. The staff was very friendly and answered any inquiries I had in a professional manner and always had a smile! Mahalo!

The cost of the stay was not what we were expecting after...
    • Resort View with Two Double Beds – Mobility Accessible Roll-in Shower

The cost of the stay was not what we were expecting after booking with booking.com. The hotel would also take monies from our account without our knowledge at anytime and then take out double the amount. Their payment system is very confusing and check in an absolute nightmare.

Nice hotel
    • Resort View with King Bed

No microwave no electric kettle

Very beautiful hotel in Hawaii I enjoyed goodtime and good memories in firsttime in Hawaii I hope to visit again Foolside was so good

Great for kids
    • Ali'i Tower Partial Ocean View with Two Double Beds

Location, would have preferred to be closer to main beach, restaurants and shops

Facilities, kids loved all the pools and Friday night fireworks. Al’li tower great for skipping long queues

Relaxing get away in Hawaii!
    • Resort View with King Bed - Mobility Accessible Roll-in Shower

Food in the resort is well over priced which is expected but you can just go outside the resort to get a meal 1/3 of the price.

Bed was soft. Central location with very good facilities in the village such as multiple pools with water slides and a very well designed gym

Staff was fantastic.
    • Ocean View Room with King Bed

Rooms are outdated, beds are old and not comfortable. Air conditionet doesnt go below 68. Room price was high for tge condition. So.e restairants on site are quite run down with limited options

Staff was fantastic. Location great!

The location was fantastic.
    • Resort View with King Bed

Didnt like the shower curtains. Its not up to the standard of most 4 star hotels. It needs upgrading. If at the very least shower doors - my shower at home shouldnt be more luxurious than a 4 star hotel shower...and my shower is pretty average. Aparently all the hotel rooms have curtains - needs changing.

The location was fantastic. The part of the beach at the Hilton’s side was much bigger and less crowded than the rest of Waikiki Beach. The restaurants were a bit pricy but overall the hotel facilities (pool bar etc) were great! The gardens are beautiful too!

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Simply - I won’t stay there again.
    • Resort View with King Bed

The person checking me in at the desk wasn’t friendly to the point he was condescending. I booked a king room and I ended up with a double bed.

The bed was comfy

great location enjoyed by family and friends!
    • Resort View with King Bed

Check-in process I was the only in line and it took over 1 hr because room was not ready at 8:30 pm. Then placed in the worse tower ever.

great location enjoyed by family and friends!

Overall it was not worth the money.
    • Ali'i Tower Resort View with Two Double Beds

Check in and check out experience was pleasant. The pools were great. However, at the pool while I was swimming with my kids, one of the Hilton Village’s carnivorous birds carried a poor tiny duckling (still alive and chirping for help) up over the pool and onto the roof to eat it alive. Another guest who witnessed this said the Hilton property had 7 ducklings in the pond area two days prior, and were then down to two ducklings who had not been devoured yet. She went to ask guest services to relocate the last two ducklings with their mother and the guest services said “Sorry, nothing we can do.” Boo to you, Hilton. I’ll never get that image out of my mind of the duckling chirping helplessly being carried to it’s painful and unnecessary death. Feed the showbirds you have on your property so they don’t eat each other.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

The facilities were great, room was big and clean, huge...

The check in at Ali’i tower took nearly an hour for our 3 rooms, we told him we just wanted to drop our bags because we had a tour leaving at 12 we arrived there at 11.30 not expecting to check in early. He insisted that it would be quick and the rooms were ready so proceeded, it took nearly an hour and we missed our tour that had already been booked and paid for, which meant we had to drive an hour in our own cars to where we were supposed to go (Polynesian Cultural Centre) on the north side of the island and wasted $80 on transportation that could not be refunded.

The facilities were great, room was big and clean, huge property with plenty to do, beach on your doorstep, has its own shopping malls

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

The resort is absolutely beautiful.
    • Resort View with King Bed

To be honest, my husband and I were extremely disappointed with the lady who tried her best to sell us on the Hilton Vacation Property deal. I can't remember the name of the package , however, she started off as extremely friendly and wanting to get our personal information about our life style from us and talked a lot about her extreme religious beliefs and how she went to bible study and over all tried to come across as a very caring person. However, once we told her that we were not able to afford the vacation package at this time, she did not even have the courtesy to come and say good bye. She left us to find our own way out of the building. We felt very insulted by her behavior.

The resort is absolutely beautiful.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

I had a great time

The fridge was not in the place you thought you find the fridge in this room. We wasted milk because did not know the room has a fridge. We found the fridge on our check out. To me it was a desk and it's position was not at a place where you would normally find a fridge ie where you make a coffee.. Upset about this..

The room spacious for 3 of us. Not sure what you call this room. It was nice. In hind sight I could have another two to share and still comfortable.This could save us a lot of money.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Hawaii is really a paradise and we enjoyed every minute of this vacation!
    • Resort View with King Bed

My meal at the big time steakhouse was a bit underwhelming, especially for the price. It was the most expensive dinner on our trip but didn't quite live up to the expectations.

Super central location and right on Waikiki beach. We loved watching the fireworks and all of the restaurant options at this resort.

Wonderful 1st visit in Hawaii thanks to this resort hotel
    • Resort View with King Bed

1km walk from the main city. Location is ideal for families due it's large and various amenities, so there's lots of children and not ideal for couples.

Nancy and the Front Desk really made an effort in making our stay memorable and pleasant. She made good recommendations and even got to know us a little better to personalise and really cater for our preferences to make our stay enjoyable. Further more this Resort is convenient, complete with an ABC store, Starbucks, DairyQueen, Pizza & Shrimp restaurant and the pick up for the tours is the hotel next door!

Paradise
    • Resort View with King Bed

When we 1st checked in I was given a resort view room not the ocean view view I had reserved! But the lady @ the lobby was very proactive to fix the issue & we got a beautiful ocean view suit@ the 30th floor

Location & the amenities all walking distance

Despite the hurricane warning and most of the resort being...
    • Resort View with King Bed

Despite the hurricane warning and most of the resort being shut for most of our stay, the staff were amazing and very accommodating. Fantastic place to stay, has everything you need within the resort and great location! Hardest choice was which pool to sit by or beach or lagoon! Will definitely be back to stay.

Overall the Hilton Hawaiian is fantastic, I'm already planning my trip back
    • Resort View with King Bed

The downside to the U.S is the constant tipping, although you do get used to it very quickly and you expect to spend money while on holiday. And dinner at restaurants is very expensive. The ABC stores are a total lifesaver as they have food and super cheap prices.

My room was huge, the décor is dated but we spent hardly any time in our room, only used it for sleeping, storing our stuff, and having a shower. I have been recommending the Hilton to everyone, everything you need is right there including tour pick ups. We went to Hawaii for the beach, the sun and lots of fun and we got all that and more - swimming in Waikiki Beach and a turtle pops up in front of us - priceless.

Amazing location and very friendly staff great service.
    • Resort View with King Bed

Too many kids. Maybe at least one of the pools could be an adult only pool but I’m not taking away how amazing this resort is. Second time I’ve stayed and it doesn’t disappoint.

Everything you need in one location. Amazing location.

Fabulous, amazing, Paradise
    • Partial Ocean View with King Bed

The check in process needs improvement. It takes too long to be served. After a long flight you would like this process to be straight forward.

The view from Kalia tower was amazing. The resort is a mini town, so much to do within the resort. Fabulous place. The gardens are so beautiful

Not Happy
    • Ali'i Tower Resort View with Two Double Beds

I was moved away from watching the dancing on stage near the pool and told this is for our guests. I was a guest and paid over 700 dollars for a nights stay and it was my 50 th birthday I was very up set as I had planned this night for my 50th and was excited to see the dancing and be at Hawaii Waikiki and have fire works to watch as well. This total upset me and I felt like a nobody that shouldn’t be there. I had a better experience at lower cost accommodation. I will never refer to stay with you. And my 29 year old son was upset that I was pushed out of the way I have it on video as I was videoing the show.

Low quality and comfort - for a lot of money
    • Rainbow Tower Ocean View with King Bed

-No umbrellas at pool area -not enough sun-chairs and beds at pools and far too many - not even space to move in between -restaurants are completely overbooked, dirty and quality of food poor for dinner -beach sun-chairs and beds are too expensive - we booked an ocean view room and foot a room with view on harbor and parking space - when we tried to discuss at lobby they did not even try to help us - the whole complex is too big and does not offer enough infrastructure for all the guests - breakfast is too expensive from buffet and alternatives are rare -shops are boring - and just offer low quality stuff - the food is everywhere in the complex the same without diversity - employees look frustrated and not morivated

Rooms are good and clean

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Fun resort!
    • Resort View with King Bed

I didn’t like the restaurants. Prices were inflated for poor quality food. Letting the resort down in this area.

Bed was comfortable, room was lovely, resort grounds amazing. Pools were fun for the kids.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Review
    • Resort View with King Bed

Found a cockroach in our room. When we checked in took us so long to accommodate,, without really explaining what’s happening. I already prebooked through you guys and have given them confirmation number. When we found cockroach in our room , hoping they will switch use to other room but they did not. Head of housekeeping told us they will just fumigate our room and will leave a note after. But no note was left in our room. The housekeeper is the only nice person who asked how we are doing and the bell persons are nice. Even the manager did not even check on us after the incident. The people who assist in getting taxi service are the only people that are really nice to us.

It’s near the beach

Family focused hotel
    • Resort View with King Bed

As a couple way too noisy, too many people like being in a shopping mall discovered there are much better options available! Rooms need updating.

Plenty of swim options including beach good for families. It was worth paying a bit more to be in Ali’i Tower despite it being a bit tired to have access to small pool and separate terrace area away from the crowds.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Great resort. Fun place to stay. Perfect for the whole family.
    • Ali'i Tower Resort View with Two Double Beds

Resort is a little run down.

Rooms were comfortable and the staff very helpful. Loved the little shops scattered around the resort. Food was great with plenty of variety to choose from.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Pretty good Hotel in a great location, a bit pricey
    • Resort View with King Bed

The best wasn’t so comfortable The pools were overcrowded at times Needed more activities or options for parents with toddlers (under 5) Was a little too pricey for what you get

The facilities onsite Close proximity to everything Beach was beautiful Lots of food options Bedrooms were big, spacious and very clean

It was the most amazing honeymoon.
    • Ali'i Tower Partial Ocean View with King Bed

Restaurants on property too expensive but lots too choose from just outside the property.

It was the most amazing honeymoon. Staff were all lovely . Dont read the negative reviews these people are hard too please. We enjoyed every second.

Overall, it was good, property starting to show its age and no longer that feel that it was special
    • Ali'i Tower Resort View with King Bed

Fairly average these days compared to a few years ago.

Alli'i tower not what it used to be. Not worth the extra money only that pool easy to access except for the large number of kids.

Just a short stay and schedule of activities are hectic and conflict. I even didnt enjoy to see
    • Ocean View with Two Double Beds

We dont have fridge and microwave .

Everything were in the hotel vicinity like restaurant, pearls store, foods, macadamia nuts, loui vuitton bags, etc.

Location is good, very centric to visit Waikiki
    • Resort View with King Bed

To stay here you need to love mass tourism and crowded places. The pools are so crowded that this is not possible to swim, it cost 40$ for one hour paddle in a small lagoon and you can hardly move. Everything is done to spend a lot of moneys but the quality isn’t there. Not worth the money it cost .

Location is good, very centric to visit Waikiki

Great value for money and beach time
    • Resort View with King Bed

Room coffee was pretty rough and flat. pretty basic for the type of hotel this is.

Room was comfortable and functional. Hilton Honors program membership a plus when it comes to upgrades and special deals. Bell and valet service was exceptional, friendly bartenders, right on the beach. The shopping and dining complex is exceptional

Overall had an amazing time, the people were friendly, the resort was breathtaking. See you next yr.
    • Resort View with King Bed

There was a mix up with our rooms even though it was booked correctly. Wasted hours to try and sort it out whilst being sleep deprived.

The location is amazing - just a short taxi ride to places. The village itself had everything so you didn't have to leave at all.

I liked how everything was close by and all the amenities.
    • Ocean View Room with King Bed

The elevator situation sucked. Took forever to get on and off one in the Tapa Tower. It was so frustrating and annoying. Too many rooms not enough elevators to accommodate. We stuffed like a can of sardines in the elevator once we’re able to get on.

I liked how everything was close by and all the amenities.

• Tapa Tower Junior Suite

The line to register took us more than an hour and we waited for another hour to get our room. We reserve the Tapo tower suite but they gave us the Diamond tower which is very very outdated. They said there’s no more available room at Tapo tower. I made a request again to be transferred the next day at the front desk and she was literally really rude and not even tried to accommodate my request. I’m not happy with my stay in that hotel!!!!!

Nothing!!!

Too busy and not relaxing.
    • Ocean View with Two Double Beds

It is too busy. Busy like a mid-range hotel in Disneyland. You are queiung everywhere. The pools and beaches are overly full, you need to pay extras for beach chairs. The restaurants in the proximity have waiting times of up to an hour and a half. Not a relaxing sty at all.

The best thing about this hotel is probably the location. But there are much nicer locations in Oahu.

We enjoyed the atmosphere and the location of the resort but the hotel rooms are old and dated.
    • Rainbow Tower Ocean View with Two Double Beds

The hotel is tired and dated and the rooms we booked were advertised to sleep 4 people. We booked 2 rooms (there were 5 of us travelling) and our 3 children (one is an adult and 2 under the age of 18) slept in one room. 2 kids struggled to sleep in one bed together (we had just come from New York where the beds were enormous and our 3 children shared a room with no difficulty). I requested a roll away bed and was advised there would be a cost of $125USD per night. The alternative they offered was to move our children to another hotel tower in the complex. I appreciated the offer but was not happy to have my children so far away from us.

We enjoyed the proximity to Alla Moana and the lagoon and pool area's were great.

Comfy beds and very convenient
    • Resort View with King Bed

Check in line was 1 hour long and they only staffed one person for the desk. Glasses were dirty Air conditioner was loud and would wake us up every night, didn’t fix it.

Comfy beds and very convenient

The location was awesome and the staff super friendly.
    • Resort View with King Bed

The pools can get very crowded with kids so get ready to swallow some pool water when you don’t want to. Everything and I mean everything is super expensive. $4.50 for a can of coke!!! What?! Can go to the ABC store and get cheaper cokes and snacks. 1 or 2 room services staffers were short and rude. Cuts you off before you can get your question asked but this is not an issue with a majority of the staff 😊 Pools close early. Like at 5 pm for the pool with the slide. The latest pool we saw on the property that stayed open were at the ali’i tower and I think the super pool stays open until 8 pm.

The location was awesome and the staff super friendly. The view was amazing! Free dvd rentals. The ali’i tower had a hot tub and a pool. Free towels for the pool was very nice. The hotel is right on the beach and so pretty. The shops at the property were very nice. Plenty on places to eat at the property. Perfect place for families to vacation

Love the view from our room.
    • Resort View with King Bed

Hated one of our neighbors. They had lots of kids and went to bed early. Called security on us at 10:30 because they could hear us talking. We were on vacation. Security didn't do anything.

Fun area. Got upgraded to oceanview...love it.

Not worth the Money
    • Ali'i Tower Resort View with King Bed

very busy unable to get assistance without lining up for hours. Your Rental of Cars system is inadequate we waited to 1 hour to book the car then waited another 45 mins for fill in the paper work. When we returned the Car we waited about 20 mins to get into the Carpark. The Firework display on Friday night near the pool and dancing was booked out so no body was able to sit by the pool for the dancing, which seems like you pay thousands of dollars but are not able to access a show that is advertised on Website , information Sheet in the room. When I asked to speak to the Manager they were not available on a lunch Break ( I went to see them at 8 pm)

Great staff!
    • Resort View with King Bed

Too much congestion at check in, hard to negotiate with vehicle, felt unorganized. Hard to get through with wheel chair as well. Bathroom and walkways not handicapped friendly.

Great staff!!!! Excellent size of room....rooms well insulated, very quiet.

Lovely location, good food and sun.
    • Ali'i Tower Ocean Front with King bed

A pool specifically for adults, we stayed for 12 nights it got so busy towards the end. The Ali tower would be perfect for this.

Very comfortable rooms, extremely spacious. Lovely beaches and fireworks. Great choice of food.

Four adults can not sleep on tiny double beds, don't advertise it as such.
    • Ocean View with Two Double Beds

Booked a double room for four adults. My wife and two adult children. On booking in, was told that the room was insufficient to meet our needs without stating exactly why. Asked if we would like an upgrade to a room plus bedroom. We decided we would be happy sharing a double room as it was only one night. Again we we pushed to upgrade this time to a room with a couch which became a bed. We agreed to this as we were finally told the beds weren't that big. The beds were slightly bigger than singles in a huge room which could have taken queen sized beds easily so my wife and I took the sofa bed. The floor would have been more comfortable the 3 inch thick (Thin) mattress was extremely uncomfortable and my wife and I got no sleep.

Outdated
    • Ocean View Room with King Bed

The rooms are outdated. The staff at check in where rude, they change my building & room I had booked & tried to blame me, until I showed them my booking on Booking.com

Apart from leaving. The Bazar & beaches where great

Beach areav
    • Resort View with King Bed - Mobility Accessible Roll-in Shower

Taxi services- dishonesty from taxi drivers. Hotel manager should look into it. Hotel staff and taxi driver said the charges for airport is at flat rate of 29$ but he charged us 34$ Meter fee. Why he would do that.

Beach areav

Fresh juice bar - the best.
    • Resort View with King Bed

Check in was a nightmare. Lift's were extremely slow and could not accommodate the number of visitors. Saturday lunchtime, pool maintenance was conducted where all users were told to leave the main pool. And all we saw were pool attendees on their phones in between pouring chemicals in the pool.

Fresh juice bar - the best. Shops and restaurants on site were great. Lagoon was beautiful

Buzz and excitement
    • Partial Ocean View with King Bed

The check in line was too long. Took 30mins to check in. No other hotel we stayed at in Hawaii had this issue.

Resort feel was great. So many cool bars and restaurants to choose from. DVD hire was a nice idea. Fireworks were awesome!

Overall, had a great stay and enjoyed the property.
    • Resort View with King Bed

The mattress was old and worn down and the pillows were too mushy. Room was clean but needs updating; bathroom needs a reno asap. Hard to get loungers at the pool; too many were used to hold towels for people in the pool while those of us wanting to just lounge were out of luck. Beach umbrella and chair rental very expensive at $35 and $18 respectively.

Short walk to centre of Waikiki, lots of amenities and quality food options on the property, easy access to transit, beautifully landscaped property and friendly, helpful staff.

Going back next year😁😁
    • Resort View with King Bed

I had to ask for a kettle they normally don't provide one. This time we didnt have waterviews however still relaxing.

Fab location going back next year year. On waikiki Beach you dont have to leave the property.

I will not be going back.
    • Ali'i Tower Resort View with Two Double Beds

We stayed at the Ali we picked a room by the pool and bar. But it closed so early. We had 8 family members there 3 rooms. My sister-in law who s a senior citizen arrived to her room to find she has a portable crib. She called down 3 times to have it removed. No one ever came. The room was dirty not fully cleaned . She found wrappers on the floor and plastic utensils. she went to bed the first night with the playpen still in the room. She wakes in the morning to find a bug in here room. That was the final straw. They offered to let her stay and they would spray. We demanded a new room. Or all 8 of us were leaving.

The grounds were nice. We couldn't go in the ocean by the hotel because when you get 20 -30 feet in to the ocean it all big stones and rocks. I guess that is why so many people were in the lagoon or the beach much closer to the lagoon.

Would not return. Hyatt regency is nearly half price and much more pleasurable and better located.
    • Resort View with King Bed

The resort is too big and busy. Queues everywhere for everything. Hard to get assistance. For example waited over one hour for DVD maintenance person. Lines for water slides, coffee and activity desk. Lines for lifts. Exhausting

The kids loved the pools although lack of beach chairs from early morning and busyness was challenging. We had a room upgrade to partial oceanview in rainbow which was very lovely.

Not a good hotel but Pearl Harbor was great!
    • Rainbow Tower Ocean View with King Bed

Over crowded, nothing worked elevators took forever, room was super small, lagoon not so pretty. If it’s your honeymoon just do yourself a favor skip Oahu! We spent 1 night and left early to Kauai best thing we ever did.

Not a good hotel but Pearl Harbor was great!

Very disappointing stay, expected better from a Hilton hotel.
    • Rainbow Tower Ocean View Junior Suite

Disappointing stay, expected better from a Hilton hotel. My partner and I were on an extend trip for our honeymoon and stayed in two other Hilton hotels on the same trip, they put this one to shame. If you are a couple I would seriously recommend staying somewhere else as the hotel is family focused. The hotel is a collection of towers in a large complex and as such suffers from it's size. It's pool and beach facilities were overcrowded and it was difficult to find a free lounger. I booked a junior suite in the rainbow tower, the room was finished to a reasonable standard however it felt sparsely furnished, the room didn't offer anything more than empty floor space over a standard room. The staff were completely disinterested in our stay boarding on rudeness. Concierge staff more interested in getting you to look around the complexes new tower than helping you, One last thing: Just before we left on the trip our flights were changed meaning we would arrive 14hrs later than originally planned and as such I wouldn't need the first nights stay. I tried to adjust my reservation on Booking.com and they said I couldn't adjust my booking through them and would have to contact the hotel, I then contacted the hotel and they said they couldn't adjust the booking and it would have to be changed by booking.com. I was too busy to chase this up and accepted that it's usual problems of booking through a third party but still annoying. I was still in the free cancellation period but I was concerned I wouldn't be able to rebook the room I wanted so I left it. I wish I had cancelled and just booked somewhere else!

Location and great views along Waikiki beach

Things were a little pricey.
    • Resort View with King Bed

There were just a lot of people everywhere. Popular place.

Things were a little pricey. Found other areas close by that were not as costly. Convenient location.

Family mini break.
    • Tapa Tower City View Family room with Three Double Beds

We came at a busy time and therefore everything was very busy with long queues and long waits. And just about everything fun cost a lot of cash in addition to the resort fee.

Sunshine and fun on the beach. Shops open late. Variety of eating options.

Awesome.
    • Resort View with Two Double Beds

We loved everything about the hotel. Everything is there on the property. You don't have to leave the property go get or buy things. It's a great place for family with young kids too.

We had a great time
    • Resort View with King Bed

Add on expenses that were not fully disclosed prior to booking. Daily towel fee etc. between parking and mandatory daily fee it was over $100.00 additional each day

Location close to ocean