Reviews of Hilton Houston NASA Clear Lake 3 stars

3000 East NASA Parkway, Seabrook, TX 77058, USA

#4 of 5 hotels in Seabrook

• Room with Two Double Beds and Lake View

I see there are 2 types of rooms, the one with a lake view specifically is larger 580sft vs 480 sft. The room that I have been allotted is a side view with a partial road view and partial lake view. I also requested higher floor and was allotted to the 7th floor of 14 floors. Seems like I have been baited to pay extra for a better room and switched for a smaller cheaper room.

• King Room with Lake View

That they charged my card $25 that i did not authorized but said it would returned but has yet to do i didn't no anything about the extra charge that's not right.

The veiw

• Room with Two Double Beds and Lake View

Prompt staff and clean rooms. Very fast check-in / check-out procedures.

A very good hotel, that has great staff, good amenities and is located in a good place.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The fact that they didn't handle the noise situation they way they could have. I was a paying customer as well.

My stay at the hotel was ok until later that night the Rep Julia stated that she put me in a corner where I would not be disturbed. I was awaken at 1:30am the first time by the person 620 slamming their door several times from being drunk. Then I was awaken again at 2:33am by the person in room 618 yelling and screaming at the top of her lungs about her car and someone who had taken her car. I got up to go downstairs to the front desk they sent security up but security barely knocked on the door. As soon as she heard them knock on the door she jumped in the shower. Then she was loud for the rest of the night until about 5:54 that morning. So needless to say I got no sleep at all. I was so pissed the next morning because your rep told me that she put me away from everyone else. But yet im in the middle of the mess that I was. Your security needs to be better because its like he was scared to knock on the door or say anything to the lady in the room to tell them to be quiet. The front desk didn't even call up to say hey can you please keep it down. I was so disappointed in the way it was handled. I probably wont be staying in this particular hotel again.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Loved this place! Beautiful hotel and the view was awesome! Hilton bedding is so comfy. Great restaurant and super breakfast brunch. Staff was so friendly! I would definitely stay here again!

• King Room with Bath Tub - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

The "space" theme throughout the hotel was a huge plus that we weren't expecting. From the time we walked in the beautiful lobby, to the view of Clear Lake from our bed, to the fantastic gym, everything was wonderful.

I didn't like the fact that booking.com reserved me a king size bed with a balcony. And they DON"T even exists!!! Its only the suites that have balconies. So it was extremely frustrating when you are trying to check in and they don't have what you booked. I will never book anything else ever through an online third party booking agent. Totally sucked.

I like that finally a young lady who did not even work for reservations/front desk came over and got us a room. It was very kind of her to just handle it.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

I didn't like the false advertisement from booking.com... I specifically asked for a room with a balcony that Booking.com said I would have. When I got there, I had no room with a view, balcony, or lakeside. According to booking.com it was a room with a view, balcony. I even confirmed by putting it in my hotel notes BALCONY a must. After waiting and trying to figure it out on what I asked for and paid for. One of the managers Katrina actually made sure my needs were met.. She went above and beyond and met all my expectations.. As far as booking.com will not use again. MY first time using it, and ill stick to Expedia as I have been for years.. I rather pay more to get what I request than have false advertisement..

The View was amazing... The balcony was the most important thing to me and exceeded my expectations.

• Room with Two Double Beds and Lake View

Some rooms could use a microwave. Coming 10 floors down to have someone warm up food was challenging.

Coming from California on personal and/or business trips this hotel is the best place to be. It’s everything you want in a hotel!

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

I didn’t like the scaldings in the shower when neighbors flushed their toilets! Very uncool.

Pillows! The beds were comfortable and the room was very nice.

There was an order in the room. Not sure if it was a smoking room, but it definitely had a nasty order

The decor & overall feel of the hotel was extremely nice

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Outdated bathrooms. Room smelled. No fresh air avail. Only aircond or heated air. Lake view rooms are noisy as there are 2 big vents running 24/7 on the back side of the property.

Parking right in front of the property. Excellent location if visiting Nasa Space center.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Out date decor and fixtures Popcorn ceiling And not festive for holidays no Christmas decor For kids Not geared for kids Where daughter stayed had great view kids was meet with ginger bread cookies And sent treats every night to room for kids

The view was awesome

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

it is not so comfortable, when the weather gets cold and there air conditioning does not really eat in case of need.

nice location, great view, near close to NASA center

• King Room with Lake View

The only real complaint I have is the AC in the room. We had it turned as far down as it would go which was 60 degrees (we like it like Antarctica when we sleep) but it never got cool enough. I had to sleep with the sheet. Everything else was wonderful.

I loved this hotel. I really wish we could have had a room with a balcony but the hotel was completely booked up. There was a wedding and a convention going on. It was a beautiful hotel on the water. I wished we had eaten in the restaurant and had cocktails but we were meeting friends at their house and ate there.

• Room with Two Double Beds and Lake View

- Receptionist could not find the booking made through booking.com for a long time, made us nervous - Room keys were not working properly - Elevators were not working properly - Hot/cold water marks on the bath tab were swapped - Bath tap & shower were uncomfortable to use - Pillows are uncomfortable

- Reception is comfortable - No need to find parking - Lake view - Good beds for each person

Security was called to my friends room stating we were making excessive noise & we weren’t. The walls of adjoining rooms must be paper thin for the neighboring guests to lodge such a complaint because when security did come up, even they had to admit that they heard nothing from our room.

The concierge staff was super friendly & very acommodating.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The shower was difficult to turned on. I would advise the hotel to replace the mechanism with something a little more user friendly.

The bed was comfortable.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Our 2 night stay was great except the front entrance was being painted, they had large equipment in the lobby we had to go around. We had to use side doors to carry luggage down ramp. Breakfast was good, lunch and dinner was ok.

Very clean, staff helpful.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Arrived 9/3/17 a Sunday. Hurricane damage minimal and Hilton worked to get things back to normal. However, no computers were working. Never did receive a receipt for the room so I am still waiting for my credit card statement to see charges.

lovely view - couples rooms near each other

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

I had to call maintenance because the shower didn't work. The refrigerator defrosted and left the floor wet. The room I was in seemed to attract a lot of noise from above. Oddly next to the elevator and heard noise from above and not the elevator.

The staff was very kind and responsive.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Pool need to be more Luxury and bigger its Hilton ! Missing a outdoor hot tub. The price on food is good but high.

Breakfast buffet was very good ! Staff was very nice and careing. The hotel was very clean .

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The employees at the front desk were unsure of how things worked with the booking company and the hotel. The bed could have been a bit more comfortable.

The facility was warm and welcoming. Made for a comfortable stay.

• Room with Two Double Beds and Lake View

The shower curtains in the rooms are terrible. They smell and don't shield the water from coming into the bathroom floor.

The food was good. Jen the bar tender was a joy.

• Room with Two Double Beds and Lake View

Slow elevators Room wasn't cleaned one of our nights

Great buffet breakfast open in restaurant. Close to Galveston and NASA Nice scenery Friendly staff

• King Room with Lake View

When I went to check in they had my confirmed reservations. But when I went for my final check out and sign the bill the front desk did not have the rate I had booked for. They were wanting to charge me $50 dollars more which they claimed was the regular rate. Fortunately I had my cell phone with me and was able to go through my emails and I had to show them what I had agreed to. They got a manager and were finally able to adjust it to the right amount. Fortunately for me I had noticed the discrepancy and had written confirmation of the original agreement. The issue was resolved but I felt like I was put in an awkward position where it should have not have happened in the first place.

The place was very busy and active.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Pool could have been bigger there is plenty of space on the deck for a bigger pool waterfall etc would look great maybe a whirlpool.

Great staff nice bar tender kid friendly clean and nice but not too snobby so it was a nice place to relax.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Only one elevator was working at the time we arrived. Took a very long time waiting for elevator with room being on 7th floor. Also, needed extra pillows and sheet for sleeping accommodations. Called three times and took over 1.5 hours for staff to bring up pillows and sheet. Was after 10:30 pm and needed to awake at 5:00 am next morning for event we were attending.

Front desk changed our room to a lake front view on 7th floor so kids could watch 4th of July fireworks. I left my wedding ring in the room after checkout. Called staff, and they immediately sent someone to obtain it and had it waiting for me at the front desk when I returned.

• Room with Two Double Beds and Lake View

Noisy guests on floor, during nights,,,no microwave in room, had to request one,,,,was not aware of $75 incidental fee, only had my debit/credit card loaded with $ to specifically cover the total amount on the booking.com site. ended up using my main credit card, inconvenience. Onsite restaurant menu wasn't appealing, would have loved to have had dinner overlooking the lake, the restaurant was lovely and it provided a beautiful view.

• King Room with Lake View

Older Hotel with remodel however overpriced for rooms, drinks and dinner in the restaurant. No ice machines you have to pick up a bag of ICE in the pantry where everything again was overpriced. There is constant banging or knocking on the 11th floor where we stayed which was distracting and annoying especially for a 200 dollar a night room rate. Definitely not what I have ever experienced or expect for a Hilton hotel. I will pay less to stay at a holiday inn express or Hampton next time.

• Room with Two Double Beds and Lake View

We arrived at 1am. The first room we were given the toilet did not work. We changed rooms at 1.30am. In this new room we could not turn on the shower. The reception staff came up and used considerable force to turn it on. After having a shower we could not stop the shower leaking noisily. Too tired we just left it. Next morning we were moved to another room. This was a very nice suite room. That afternoon by the time the room deodoriser wore off there was a distinct smell of cat wee in the room. The room was deodorised once again and this lasted till the next day when we had to have it done again. When we were ready to leave (Monday 10am) we had to wait 45 minutes for a taxi to the airport. The property was very isolated with no shops, restaurants, taxis nearby.

The staff were helpful where they could. The Hotel had a pleasant view over the river.

• King Room with Lake View

One of the elevators was not working so it took a long time to get to and from the room. also, the air conditioning did not cool very much. Otherwise, the hotel is a little dated but nice.

• King Room with Lake View

Reported a guest who made a mess to a staffer, she never referred it to housekeeping. It was there next morning when we checked out.

We got a 14 floor room with a private balcony. Plenty to see!

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

No blender in the bar. People like frozen drinks by the pool in Texas :) Breakfast was cold. We have atyrd before ..Had breakfast in restaurant and VIP. Both cold.

THE STAFF WAS AWESOME

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

the floor was wet from the freezer leaking everywhere then they moved us to another room where the chair was falling apart and the bed was missing legs and people knocked on our door all night saying that we were in there room very bad place to stay motel 6 would have been better

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The size of the room was small like I was in a motel, and the beds were not as comfortable like I was hoping Needs to be Upgraded totally

The comfort of the room was nice and quiet,the room could have been a little more spacious,very nice and clean,when I think of Hilton I was excited,but I just didn't seem to get that wow.. To come out like I was hoping, M family told me I should have stayed @ the Sheraton I told them No I was already mind set for the Hilton,

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

• Room with Two Double Beds and Lake View

Shower curtains do not work -no way to keep closed had water on floor everyday-no shuttle service around area such as Kemah Boardwalk,restaurants, shopping areas -taxis were very expensive-it cost us over $ 40 to get dropped of & picked up from the Baybrook Mall yikes-& over $15 to get to Mamasita restaurant just a short ways frm the hotel- uber less-also there was never any one available to get our luggage to & from our room during our stay😣😣

Beds & pillows very comfortable-nice view of Lake from our room on 11th floor-front desk,housekeeping, & all restaurant staff very pleasant & helpful 😊 we were partial to waitresses Irene & Rebecca they went out of their way when waiting on us-the bartenders were great also always remembered what we were drinking everytime😊The menu had lots of choices and food was very flavorful 😊

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

• King Room with Lake View

The sheets were poor quality (scratchy), the pillows smelled like mildew. The bed was creaky and not anything special or nice. This room felt more like a Motel 6 than a $200 room. The bathroom was tiny. The walls had been painted so many times you could see patches.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

The hotel is structurally failing. Doors do not close. Window seals are not tight. The noise in the rooms from doors closing and water running woke me up repeatedly.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was a part of the bed railing left sticking out underneath the bed and my daughter hit her foot. I reported it to the front desk, she said she would have engineering remove it but it was never removed!

The bed was very comfortable and the room was spacious.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

I had short ribs but couldnt eat as was really tough.This is second time we were dissapointed.Also we still cant get Bar to make blended drinks. Overall a very poor Hilton!Also found roaches in Bathroom.

breakfast was great but overpriced

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

• King Room with Lake View

Construction was being done. Had to wait for a room to be cleaned. Elevator was out of order. Tv wasn't working when we first got in the room. Luckily my husband was able to resolve the issue. Room was small

The location was close to Kemah

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

When we arrived and found out the tub was not draining correctly we reported it in the morning. We were gone all that day so there was plenty of time to do the repairs. Upon arrival that evening the tub was still the same

Friendly staff and the parking for our motorcycle was great

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The balcony, or the lack thereof

The staff was excellent. The service was excellent. The pillows were excellent. Breakfast was excellent. It tasted even better still after your mgr comp'd it for us because of an upgrade that we were given upon check-in for 2 complimentary breakfast meals. We were checked in buy an extremely well-groomed and well-mannered young man. Extremely professional, pleasant and easy to talk to. Because he "asked" he found out that we were there for the weekend to celebrate my birthday in Kemah and he also learned that my fiance is visually impaired (at which time he offered us an upgrade and told us that our breakfast would be complimentary. The next morning, at the conclusion of our breakfast, a server politely approached and informed us that the breakfast for 2 was $35. I told her what we were told in regard to the breakfast. She said she had no proof of that. She reiterated her position. I gladly agreed to pay. Your mgr (whom I didn't know at the time was a mgr) observed the entire conversation. He allowed her to do her job without any interference from him and/or possible embarrassment to her. Then he immediately made himself known to us, apologized for the misunderstanding, walked us to the front desk and provided us with vouchers. He then walked us back to the restaurant so we could present them. All based solely on my word, from the convo he overheard. That meant alot to me. Not only what he did but the way he did it and without hesitation, was impressive to say the least. I'm young, gifted and Black. I'm also a Financial Services Consultant with state farm Bank & Insurance Companies (but he didn't know that). In my opinion he handled it perfectly. My only complaint is the balcony. The balcony offered great views but it was so small and being up on the 4th floor, It was uncomfortable out there. I couldn't enjoy it.

• Reviewed: 23 November 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Stayed in a suite. Clean and comfy. Free WiFi is slow, ok for browsing, not enough for streaming. Great view. Staff is very friendly. The place has been updated, though the furniture in the suite is somewhat old.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

No ice machines. Complimentary ice available in a large bag of which half was wasted. Also recommend changing from double beds to queen. no convenient plug for coffee maker. Drawer in chest would not stay closed.

Great location, clean, nicely decorated.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

• Room with Two Double Beds and Lake View

There was blood on the top of the bed sheet. The housekeeper changed it without looking at the comforter there was also blood on it. The chair had stains on it. The room was filthy. When I told the front desk I was told "sorry"

The view onto the lake

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

• King Room with Lake View

Booked room with a view. Arrived 4:30 p.m. check in went well. Host called head housekeeping to confirm room was ready. She confirmed. Got to 12th floor room, walked in & the room was a disaster & not ready! Went back down to lobby, waited 40 mins for another room now on 5th floor. Room was stuffy & didn't smell fresh & our view looked at the parking lot. A big let down.

Accessibility to the boardwalk, my destination.

• King Room with Pool View

I had to wait until 4:30 pm for housekeeping to have my room. The housekeeping closer was on the other side of my headboard and they were slamming the door early in the morning several times. The view outside the window was overwhelmed by the large roof below. They still charged me full price even after the staff said they would offer me a discount for the long delay in getting my room ready

Convienant location

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

That the power went out. We had to leave the room because we could not order due to the power outage. It was hot. We had just drove in and did not expect to have to leave the room.

The view

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Disliked that we where asleep in the room and the cleaning lady walked in . She did not knock, i was so mad we where in the bed asleep.

Loved the room view.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• Room with Two Double Beds and Lake View

The pool was green. You couldn't even see the bottom and it would have been nice to use it since we were under a heat advisory.

Staff was very nice.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

• Room with Two Double Beds and Lake View

staff was not helpful when you ask questions, they were not friendly, you felt like they were feeling obligated to give a simple answer they tried to charge us twice for the rooms, there was no communications between staff members.

location is amazing, incredible views

• Room with Two Double Beds and Lake View

Dustin went above and beyond! We went to the bar and he made an awesome ice cream and cookies for my son. My son who is autistic, liked the "funny cool guy". Dustin also provided an excellent service for my husband. He was a five star staff during our Labor Day weekend! We will come back. Front staff were very professional as well.

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

• Room with Two Double Beds and Lake View

We ordered breakfast room service the night before...did not receive until an hour and a half after requested delivery time.

Employee that checked us in was absolutely wonderful and efficent!

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

• Room with Two Double Beds and Lake View

It would have been better to have a microwave in the room. I would have loved a free breakfast buffet, with plenty of hot coffee.

The bed and pillows were awesome. We had a great view of the lake. It was a good location, close to all the things we were there to do.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

No microwave in room..a very nice housekeeper who was getting off work kindly assit me to the employees microwave in the kitchen. And we bought a bag of ice from store. I was told upon check in that a $25 fee will be charged inclusive of the room fee and that the money would be refund upon check out because i specifically stated that i was paying cash and did not want to charge the intire amount on my card. Well i paid cash and i found that they did not refund me. I really believe the desk person was new....no excuse...also no complimentary breakfast...i could've went on a cruise. Hilton has very nice decor but i wasn't totally pleased

Opening the curtains overlooking the lake and especially the lighthouse.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Extremely noisy. You can hear everything going on in the halls, also next room, upper room. Some of the Elevators were not working. Bathrooms do not have a fan/vent. I took the stairs from the 8th Floor and ended up in the garage, walked outside and then couldn't get into the building. I finally found a door that was unlocked.

The staff and housekeeping were very nice.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

The staff could have been friendlier and let us know what was available in and around the grounds of the hotel. It would have been nice to have access to a microwave in the facility.

The room and facility were very clean. Great location, not too far from anything. Did not try restaurant... The shower had to be one of the best one's I have ever used in a hotel!!

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Room with Two Double Beds and Lake View

didn't replace towels or clean room after first day. also room was very noisy from plumbing, other guest in hallway wear very loud late at night and could hear neighboring guest having sex in other room.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Restaurant breakfast was on par with free one at Comfort Inn. Service was negligible

Checkin staff efficiency and friendliness, great bed and pillows, spacious room. Lots of parking

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

• King Room with Pool View

I would have liked the option of a later checkout. When traveling for fun, you don't want to have to rush to be out. But I guess it's just the hotel policy.

The view was beautiful and the room was so spacious and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 15 July 2016

• Room with Two Double Beds and Lake View

We requested a wheelchair accessible room. The room didn't have a shower and the toilet wasn't high enough.

The room was very clean and the staff was excellent.

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

• Room with Two Double Beds and Lake View

Small rooms. Rooms with two beds are 2 doubles instead of 2 queen size. Wish the rooms and beds were a bit larger.

The location. Close to NASA and Kemah Boardwalk. Also short drive to Galveston. Shopping, restaurants and just about everything one would need are in close proximity to this hotel. Love the view of the lake. Staff were wonderful and as others have stated, the beds are really comfortable.

• King Room with Lake View

Very nice hotel. Excellent staff. Very neat and clean.

Every thing.

• King Room with Lake View

Multiple times to flush the toilet!

The hotel was quiet.. the overlook..comfortable beds and clean .. the complimentary water while checking in.

Dirty mattress

View

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

We requested a balcony room and did not receive one.

• Room with Two Double Beds and Lake View

Bathtub was not as clean as it should have been...hair. Elevator takes forever...

It was just right....

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Parking is way to close.

Great view

The room was small and there was no microwave for late night meals.

The bed was comfortable

No balcony as requested

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room we were in had a shared balcony with what seemed to be next to a suite.😞

The beds were comfortable,the view was nice

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Dinner at the hotel's restaurant.

Everything was great, the view of the lake is beautiful.

• Room with Two Double Beds and Lake View

wish it could have been longer

eggs were great....