Reviews of Hilton Houston Post Oak by the Galleria 4 stars

2001 Post Oak Boulevard, Houston, TX 77056, USA

#162 of 389 hotels in Houston

The room was a nice size but the bed was not a queen size bed, which is what was needed and stated I would have.

The pool was great and offered a wet bar.

Besides the obvious parking charges, there was a leak under our sink. I did phone the concierge and the front desk concerning it. I was told that a technician would come up and investigate, though they never arrived. I was in room 735.

All in all, a pleasant Hilton Hotel. However, I don't understand why parking is an added cost on top of a reservation that's charged per night. I understand why you'd want to have a visitor or conference attendee pay for parking, but it seems excessive to charge a reserved guest a daily parking rate when they've already booked a room with the property.

• Executive Floor King Room

Currently, the road construction on Post Oak makes car and taxi entry and exit very difficult. It's not the fault of the hotel, but it did negatively impact my stay.

The hotel is very nice! The staff is personable and professional and try to please.

I asked the front desk to remove someone from the lobby that had been stalking me for a few months and they told me it was nothing they could do. This is the worst I’ve ever been treated.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

I didn't like that they suite looks and is more like an efficiency and there are only walk in showers unless you are handicap. I had to continue to call them to clean my room and change my bedding. My name and room was not on the breakfast list that I paid for so they was about to charge me if I had not made them call the front desk to get my package information. They charged me for parking that was already paid for with my package as well. It was stressful and this was as pose to be a stress free weekend get away for me and my husband. It was everything except that.

There was absolutely nothing I liked about my stay. From the moment I checked in there were already issues. But overlooked them thinking that it would get better. It never did. I was over charged and no one seems to communicate well about our reservations. Worst stay ever.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

The air conditioning controls took a while to understand.

Efficient service- at check-in and also at check out. Very comfortable room. The walk out balcony was a bonus, as I tend to me claustrophobic.

The construction around hotel. The room service pizza sucked bad. Wish the beds felt like a cloud. They weren’t horrible just wanted more cloud. Lol. I hate paying for parking at a hotel I’m paying to stay at, but 22.00 was cheaper than other hotels I looked at and it was one reason we picked this hotel. I refuse to pay over 25.00 for stupid parking.

I loved how easy check in was for us. The valet guys were nice even tho we did not valet. I loved how I had an extra pillow in my room as I requested online. Location was great. Loved how they had my Hilton number on file. Loved the free water in my room and free WiFi. I was happy to see an empty fridge we could actually use not filled with stuff they want you to buy if you even touch it. Great job. Oh also loved the digital door key but I couldn’t ever get it to work.

• King Room - Disability Access with Bathtub

Everything was good exceptions that the shower faucet was dripping all night long

Was a good experience being in The Hilton for the first time we may stay in the Hilton ne

There's a door placard to place on the door by 2am if you wanted room service for breakfast. We placed our card on the door by 9pm and requested to be delivered between 9-30am. Our food was never delivered so we called the front desk, who then called room service. The room service worker stated that they must've missed the placard, but took our order over the phone.

The view from our room overlooking the Gallerias Christmas lights was absolutely beautiful!

Paying over night parking fee Added 50 dollar deposit in top of your hotel rate.They didn't tell you about hidden fees wheen booking.Not worth the stay.

Hotel is not new, this is reflected in carpet and other building details that can make you uncomfortable. Personnel at reception. Not as kind as they should be. They did not take in consideration my request of changing the room.

Location Breakfast. Restaurant personnel was very kind. Hilton honors advantages.

• Executive Floor King Room

Beautiful executive suite with a great view of the city! Definitely worth the cost for a perfect birthday celebration. Towers lounge was definitely a plus so relaxing and a wonderful breakfast!

• Executive Floor King Room

Lounge Breakfast could be much better. Very little options and no change at all.... Evening happy hours were also of not that much option.

Good Location.

I think the room rate is a bit high

The staff friendliness, the cleanness of the environment, the breakfast settings was on point and the late night room service was cool also

• Executive Floor King Room

First of all the fornt disc Adrian was not helpful at all. Also he didn’t have any effort to make my booking easy. Also the bed sheet was not clean. Safe box was not working at all. Also the mini bar have Nothing at all.

Nothing at all.

- Major construction on the main street (through the night). - Shuttle drivers were rude and not attentive. - There wasn't enough light in the bathroom... way to dark! - Difficulties turning the A/C up and down.

Faucet in bathroom leaked. Lavatory plug would not work. Clock was unplugged.....had to crawl under the bed to find a plug. Could not get the parking card to work.

Cost of parking-

Construction and soem clean-up impacted access to hotel. Self Parking is hampered by needing a permit to access lot or exit prior to check in and after checking out. Too expensive for honours members

We booked that hotel because our kids wanted to swim & they had a nice pool but there was loud rap music with vulgar language & most people were not swimming just smoking and drinking alcohol. They were staring at us like we didn't belong there because we had kid so no I would not book again because it's not kid friendly.

The room was clean & spacious with a nice view

Staff very unfriendly....should have a shuttle to airport...would not allow us our Hilton points..road construction surrounding hotel...towels not soft, very rough...tv hard to watch from bed, not in front of tv.

Nice lobby, good parking

its not clean; the room service dosent clean the floor and bathroom she dosent clean the tabels ; the linens have alot of speckles sorry tooo much dirty

only his location.

Valet jumped out of truck without park and rolled into other vehicle causing minor damage. Not sure if will be reimbursed for what I deserve yet. Also paid cash for 2 nights valet but didn't get receipt so was charged again for 2nd day,

Our check-in was poor. Nicole, the lady who checked us in, was cold, unfriendly and indifferent. If it wasn't the Hilton (we knew the service should get better) we would have changed hotels. And yes, the rest of the team was superb.

Our room was large, modern and very clean, we had a great view, I love having a shower without a bath underneath and the bed was hilton wow!! The pool and gym were great and the team was friendly and helpful. A big wow for our housekeeper- she went the extra mile everyday (we were in room 1010

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I didn't like the fact that staying at the hotel we had to pay nightly just to park in the buildings parking lot. We were guests of the hotel parking should have been free if it was self park.

For the most part the staff was nice. The bed was very comfy and the hotel was very clean.

Hilton Post Oak has always been and still is a great place to stay. Very friendly staff, clean rooms, tasty American breakfast. Very convenient to walk to the Galeria mall. Lots of restaurants and cafes around. Travelling by car form the hotel and to the area is just great and easy. I would certainly recommend this place to anyone who's travelling to Houston.

Needs better service

The staff really was great until I didn't get my breakfast the second day then someone damaged my car and try don't to fix it

I could not use my Starbucks app. I understand why but would prefer to use my app.

The valet parking was especially efficient. My car was retrieved before I arrived in the lobby.

• Executive Double Room with Two Double Beds

THEY NEED TO BE HINEST ANDSAY THAT THEY DONT OFFER FREE BREAKFAST OR THAT IT IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE ROOM RATE.

when we got the hotel. it said breakfast included. But when we got to the hotel. We were charged for breakfast. They said it was a misunderstanding with BOOKING.COM

only that they didn't have anything for free birthday surprises

the bed was so puffy i felt like i was on cloud 10 just fell straight to sleep. I really liked the balcony first time having one in the hotel i enjoyed it. The view of the hotel was safe and walking distance to restaurants i also liked the mall was also right there you just really feels like home you will really enjoy

• Executive Floor King Room

Housekeeping disturbed us 3 times on the morning of our departure. I could not find the tag to notify "Do not Disturb" but I felt since we were only staying one night that housekeeping would have waited until we checked out especially after speaking to them the first time. It made us feel rushed.

Great view and beautiful room. Especially liked the toilet and shower being separated from the sink.

Arrived 1.30 am. Room assigned was occupied. Assigned another room, key door was not working. Had to reprogramme it. Room smells cigarette. I booked a non smoking room.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

• Executive Double Room with Two Double Beds

Noisy Air conditioner in the rooms The room dustbin was not emptied when I arrived in the room and there was a glass with cigarette buts on the patio outside that was there on arrival and was still there when we left.

Most of the experience was very good.

• Executive Floor King Room

We had the Executive Suite but there was nothing really special about it. There wasn't a microwave or refrigerator in the room but they immediately brought us one to our room free of charge! That was very nice!

Room cleanliness was great

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

• Executive Floor King Room

That tge room wasnt wat i thought i had seen on here n it was an extra 100 dollar charge wen i got there that you guys didnt say anything about.

The room and the service was excellent

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

The lady that checked us in was very rude and looked annoyed with simple question I asked. Also at breakfast the guy that took us to our table was very rude and looked as if he was in a bad mood.

Loved the location it was in the middle of all the store. Walking distance from galleria mall. Also loved how beautiful it was inside and out.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

the hotel did not have our reservation even though I had received a confirmation email from booking.com. Luckily there were rooms still available...could have been a disaster. They did honor the price on the booking.com reservation

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds

That the staff and management was very rude! We didn't even get 15 minutes in the hotel before being asked to leave. Do to which I know was a fake noise complaint

Wasn't there long enough to like anything.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

• Executive Floor King Room

I could not add my stay to my Hilton Honors points because I booked through booking.com The breakfast was included in my reservation but The information was not shown in the Hilton reservation system. They said I should have booked directly with Hilton! The overcharged me for the valet parking whereas I was already charged for self parking!

The staff were friendly and the location. I stayed at the hotel before.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

The location was horrible - it was hard to find half the time and I am very familiar with Post Oak area. You had to pay 10 dollars a day for WIFI, you had to pay $20 a day just to park in a parking garage or $30 for valet! The hotel pool was extremely overcrowded - BLARRING inappropriate music - the guest key to get out of the parking garage didn't work right ever - so you would be stuck sitting there - MIND you this is after paying 20 dollars a day to park - I was rather pissed!

NOTHING!

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

I DID NOT LIKE HAVING A FRIDGE. BECAUSE WE TOOK OUR EXPENSIVE TAKE AWAY STEAK AT 60 US $ WHICH WE DID NOT EVEN EAT AND HAD TO THROW IT OUT BECAUSE WE ONLY FOUND OUT THAT THEY WAS NO FRIDGE WHEN WE GOT IN AFTER DINNER.

BED WAS COMFY

• Executive Floor Queen Room

Expensive and crap food at the pool plus poor breakfasts

Th Italian restaurant around the corner

Staff was very rude at front desk both days

Very clean and the staff members are professional and have amazing customer service, especially Erica at the Brittany bar.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

It was our wedding anniversary, they gave us chocolate covered strawberries as a treat. It was great.

Loved everything

The room had a terrible odor as soon as you walked in. Management was notified but nothing was done.

The rooms were spacious

• Executive Floor Queen Room

I like Everything so nothing to dislike

Comfortable bed

Construction in front of hotel.

The bed was pretty comfy. Everything was clean and up to my expectations!!

The construction at entrance

All

• Executive Floor King Room

Great location, friendly staff.

The balcony is very small

The bed was my favorite part.

small feather bed pillows...I'm allergic to feather

felt newly updated

nothing. everything was perfect

wonderful service.

Wanted to be up on a higher floor

The bed was perfect. Slept like a baby

elevator a bit slow

value for money

Location hard to get out of hotel driving so I called a Lyft to get me around

Room at very end off hall as well as a lot of space

• King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

Great staff and valet

Neat and clean

I CANT LIVE HERE!!!!!😂😂

I LOVED THE VIEW FROM MY ROOM .THE STAFF WAS VERY NICE!!!WILL BE RETURNING!!!

Construction, which can’t be helped right now.

Great omelets and breakfast.

No dislike

The bed was great,staff supa friendly.The room was excellent,view from my room amazing

lots of noice

The traffic lights on the street don’t work well. The construction makes it difficult to get to the hotel.

Everything was wonderful.

• Executive Floor Queen Room

The staff was so friendly and helpful

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Finding hotel no

Nice hotel. Great reception area

Clean but older style.

The room was very clean and extra comfy beds.

Parking

My room service food was not that good..

The hotel was beautiful and very comfortable.

I didn’t like anything

The breakfast was great and bed was very soft thanks

Facility run down Lights not working Lifts unreliable WiFi ridiculous price

Very comfy bed

• Executive Floor King Room

Excellent executive lounge with free drinks and snacks