Reviews of Hilton Jackson 3 stars

1001 East County Line Road, Jackson, MS 39211, USA

#3 of 28 hotels in Jackson

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

There wasn’t any complimentary coffee in the lobby.

There wasn’t any complimentary coffee in the lobby. Even Motel 6 have coffee in the lobby. There was also an unidentifiable brown blob in our sink that was not cleaned. Other than that, the location and facilities are great.

Staff was super friendly.
    • Corner King Room with Sofa Bed

Air conditioner didn't work. Bed was hard. There was a pair of women's underwear left in the room even though the room had been cleaned.

Staff was super friendly.

See above. Thank you Alisha.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I took my father to visit family. He is disable with wheelchair, Alzheimer’s and dementia. I registered for a disability room for him. I checked in with a beautiful angel by the name of Alisha. She was a God sent. Thank you Alisha and the Hilton. You have taken a bad situation to an excellent stay. I would recommend this hotel and the wonderful Customer service from Alisha. 😘❤️

I took a road trip with my son...we wanted a hotel to stay and relax in. Success!

The front desk staff wasn’t very welcoming

It was very clean, they work hard to make the facilities as nice and clean as they can. I bumped into a couple of house keepers in the hall...they were so cheerful. Great house keeping staff

Excellent.
    • Executive Floor King Room

The staff was awesome! I was kind of disappointed in my room because I thought it would be different but the bed was very comfortable and the room was really nice, so overall it was an excellent stay.

It was clean comfortable and the location was perfect

I forgot to do my senior citizen discount in the the representatives did not ask for any promotions or discounts it would be helpful

It was clean comfortable and the location was perfect

great hotel, location was not great though for getting into...

location too far from Jackson

great hotel, location was not great though for getting into Jackson, we used taxis. We did need to move rooms as the air con broke down, this was inconvenient as had to pack and unpack. Although the room they moved us to was more superior with more room.

The night staff, pool, food were excellent, our room and the water from our bathroom smelled bad.

I had a voucher for free breakfast and my daughter ate a bow of cereal. My breakfast was covered but I had to pay $11 for my little girl’s bowl of cereal.... I’m all for paying for what you eat, take, use, do, etc., however $11 was a bit steep for a little single serve bowl of cereal. However she did say it was a REALLY good bowl of cereal!

The food itself was delicious

I did NOT like nor appreciate the desk clerk adding $30 to

I did NOT like nor appreciate the desk clerk adding $30 to My bill “ in case” I used room service. Also, at breakfast staff asked for our coupon for breakfast We were not given one. “ free” internet kept going off.

No regrets
    • King Room with City View

we had a great time. The lady at the front desk greeted us with a smile. our room was clean, cozy, and complete with soaps, lotions, blowdryer, etc. Mini fridge was a plus as well as the coffee pot in the room. Pool area is nice and secluded from the road. very private. Great stay especially for the price. We have nothing bad to say.

My stay was fair

The water didn’t get very hot in the shower and the ceiling was discolored in the shower area

I like the bed was comfortable and that we was on the 9th floor and the employees had great attitudes

Bed slept very well

First room had a broken thermostat so had to switch rooms. That was handled well. On the second night the fridge was on the fritz and lost some food. Then had to take a cold shower as the entire floor lost hot water for showers. After a cold shower, I made three trips to track down a paper coffee cup since my room hadn’t been restocked the day before.

Bed slept very well

I was pleased and enjoyed it!!!
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The cost could have been a little more accommodating but I do appreciate what it was. Thanks

The overall experience was great! The bed was very comfortable, the facilities were very accommodating. I really wanted to stay an additional night just to enjoy!

Room service food excellent
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The 75 dollar charge for a small dog is excessive. There were no baggage carts available at check in & no one to help wit luggage.

Room service food excellent

One of the best experiences in my travel times very nice and...

One of the best experiences in my travel times very nice and a lot of hospitality was great the comfort of the day and the breakfast was awesome and the waitress was a sweetheart. I️ will come here again definitely when in the area.

50/50
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We called directly to the hotel requesting an early check-in. When we arrived (at the approved time), our request was denied. We had to wait the 3 hours for the usual check-in time. We had double-occupancy in the room; however, only breakfast for one was included in the cost of the room. $15/person was a bit costly for the food items offered.

Our stay was due to a hotel event. The room was comfortable, and clean.

My stay was very pleasant

There was nothing I didn’t like bed was somewhat soft maybe need firmer mattress

The breakfast was very good. Room was nice and clean matter of fact everything was clean. Bed somewhat too soft maybe need new mattress

After these details were brought to staff attention, I received complementary items

No microwave in room Room wasn’t serviced No towels until later that night Room smaller than expected Had to pay for breakfast Room was way to expensive to have any of these issuses

The breakfast buffet at one of the restaurants.

The room we were in got too much sound from room next door. Could her voices and their tv till late. Would have been nice to at least get a discount off breakfast.

The breakfast buffet at one of the restaurants. Comfy bed. Clean.

Convenient to local restaurants.

Our room facilities were in need of repair. The toilet tank would not fill with water unless you manually fixed the flap. The guts of the tank were dry rotted and the tub leaked.

The location and overall appearance was good.

Overall, the stay was fine
    • Executive Floor King Room

Cold shower around 10:30 PM but finally warmed up, The Receptionist forgot to provide the Complimentary Cookies, and everything on the Breakfast on the 1st floor was cold including the climatic controlled room temp was freezing cold as well and had to eat fast to get out of the cold breakfast area.

The room was great, the Receptionist on duty when we checked in was great, and the parking was fine.

staff is always top notch, and we didn't get to stay on...

staff is always top notch, and we didn't get to stay on the floor we wanted because of a pro golf tournament that we didn't know about. But the room was still very nice.

Good comfortable bed and pillows

Really only complaint would be the traffic outside the hotel. But it wasn't bad enough to alter the trip or anything

It's right by the interstate with plenty of places to eat at within walking distance. Wal-Mart is right down the street and shopping centers are to

Never again

Places in room next door to gents toilet when function on . Constant banging of door and noise. This room should not have been allocated to non function attending guests. After several hours for moved to alternative room

The stay was very relaxing & will stay there again in the future.

The staff was very professional & responsive to my requests & the breakfast buffet was outstanding along with the service of the waitress.

Everything was AWESOME!

I originally thought that the breakfast was included in the price of the stay, but it wasn't. This isn't a major issue, but if you could allow your guests to know ahead of time then that would be great. I got up around 630 am to go to the buffet and when I was done I didn't have any cash to tip because I thought it was self serve. Which it was, all but the drinks. It still worked out because I was able to charge it to the room, but some people may want to pay up front.

The bed was AWESOME!! The pillows were so light and fluffy. I have never stayed at a hotel and received such great sleep. It was like I was at home in my own bed. Breakfast was fantastic as well!!

Room was clean and comfortable.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

More responsive attendance to solving our problems - it shouldn't have been hard.

Room was clean and comfortable. The beds were nice. The staff was pretty unresponsive to our requests for light bulb and hairdryer replacements, and the bathroom floor was still wet (we were, for some reason, assigned a handicapped access room) when we returned to our room in the evening. The restaurant only offered buffet breakfast and many items were depleted. We had to wait in line for a small omelet (more food came later), and more than one cup of coffee was difficult to come by.

Not happy..

My room was not very clean someone nasty used dental floss was on the floor and dirty towel under the bed. Also my air was not properly working.. Never stayed at a hotel were your room is warm and you wake up in the night sweating.. Very disappointed with Hilton.

The staff was very friendly, when checking in.

The staff was pleasant and location was convenient.

Our rooms were supposed to be ready at 3pm. However, we were unable to get into our rooms until 4:30pm. Also, my son's bathroom did not have all his towels and soap.

The staff was pleasant and location was convenient. The hotel was clean. I liked the breakfast buffet and all the staff were attentive.

Hotel nice - Parking not so nice - Breakfast NOT included.

There were 3 big events and parking was clear out in the back and had to walk around to front of hotel in the pouring rain. Very crowded lot.

Hotel was very nice, clean and beds were comfy. However, breakfast was NOT included with the room. There was an extra charge for that. Very disappointed.

My husband and I stayed with his parents for a night.

My husband and I stayed with his parents for a night. When checking in we were upgraded to a king suite which was perfect for the 4 of us. Not going to lie the pull out couch was so comfortable! There is a bar/restaurant down stairs, we didn't use but was packed which is always good for a Friday night.

Nice hotel but the room needs better A/C.

The room A/C would not cool the room below 71 degrees. There was no functioning vent in the bathroom so it stayed hot and steamy unless you opened the door, which in turn made the room even hotter.The hotel did not have any laundry bags in the room or in stock at all.

Location and hotel was nice. Room was clean, restaurant and bar inside were also nice.

Bed and pillows were wonderful;

Light in bathroom missing bulb and I even told the housekeeper but she did not resolve. Additionally, there was not exhaust fan in bathroom that worked. Also, lamp by chair in bedroom did not work and I assume it was bulb that was the problem. remote back was broken and batteries would not stay in. Overall, room was very comfortable

Bed and pillows were wonderful; AC worked well

Maintenance needed for older hotel.

The coffee machine was hard to use; staff never 're stocked cups or coffee after the first day. Towels were not fully stocked each day and missing face towels were included in the 2nd and only other time they changed them.

The bed was very comfortable.

Never again

Smokey rooms and hall ways...electric plugs did not work, iron was nasty, toilet seat had set in pee stains...its a party hotel..traffic into the hotel was terrible. .etc etc

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Great room too Hot to sleep
    • Corner King Room with Sofa Bed

No control of the room temperature

The temperature of the room was very warm. We attempted to turn it down and it would change itself back to original temperature. We woke up during the night due to the warnness

Needs Work

The first front desk clerk was I guess about to get off and she told me that I would have to wait 20 minutes. The second clerk was nicer and got me situated very quickly. The bed had a dark pubic hair in it! Smh.... I slept in the other bed once I checked it out.

The room was nice and spacious

The rooms were clean and the staff was great.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

The microwaves were only available in the vending areas on 2 floors.

The rooms were clean and the staff was great. The pool area was very nice and relaxing.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

IT WAS OK!
    • Corner King Room with Sofa Bed

THE PRICES OF THE ROOMS WERE NOT WORTH PAYING THAT MUCH FOR JUST ONE NIGHT, BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT ALL THAT GREAT NOR FANCY. I'VE HAD BETTER FOR THE SAME PRICE FOR TWO OR THREE NIGHTS STAY AT OTHER HOTELS COMPARED TO THE HILTON.YOU'RE BASICALLY JUST PAYING FOR THE NAME!

THE BED WAS GREAT AND COMFY.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Thin walls / excellent staff
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The walls were very thin and I could hear conversations and other rooms.

The staff was amazing. There had been severe icy precipitation and they were very accommodating for everyone.

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

Bar staff & band were terrific.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The room service for breakfast took an hour when they had said 30-45 minutes & the server forgot the coffee cups & had to go get them. It's not the end of the world, certainly. But that's the only thing that wasn't perfect.

Bar staff & band were terrific. The food was excellent!! Beautiful facility.

The staff at the front desk and the lady in the executive...
    • Executive Corner King Room with Sofabed

The breakfast lady in the executive lounge and the night time lady bartenders in Fitzgerald were terrible. They treated us like they were to good for us and we didn't belong.

The staff at the front desk and the lady in the executive lounge in the evening were absolutely wonderful.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

The location is excellent;
    • King Room with City View

I did not like how the house keeper didn't come back with the towels and rags i asked for. I was not able to play my video game on the tv. There was not alot of channels to look at especially movie channels. Also I did not like the fact i couldn't check in until 3 p.m.

The location is excellent; this my second time staying there. The mall is less than 5 minutes away and all your favorite restaurants are near by.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Southern Food and Southern Comfort
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

If I had to be picky, perhaps updating the decor in our room. It was nice, but I'm trying to be critical about a great place. Thanks so much for a lovely experience. Barbara Talbot 9/23-9/24

The breakfast buffet was an experience! Just delicious and so many choices. Our waiter, Paula was so gracious and attentive. I felt I was eating at the home of a close friend. She is a blessing everywhere she goes! The next day we had the lunch buffet. Well, it is even more spectacular, and we were sure to sit in Paula's section. Again, the food and the service just blew us away! It was the highlight of the hotel. We also enjoyed the pool setting just to relax, listen to the music and visit. We love your hotel...and Paula:)

It was a great stay, would definitely stay again.

It was too cold. Could not adjust the temperature

The friendly environment, everyone was very helpful. Rooms where very clean, smelled fresh.

Great!

Staff so friendly and warm. Make you feel right at home. Gerica at front desk is a jewel!

it was a great weekend

The food

Easy access, located near several restaurants.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

Easy access, located near several restaurants. The staff was very friendly.

Everything except for no microwave oven

Only problem there wasn't a microwave in room 409

Everything except for no microwave oven

It was a classy and comfortable stay here at this Hilton.

I had no dislikes!

Everything was great!

Great and price for the money

Great and price for the money

Great staff, hotel needs an upgrade

Limited amenities, substandard rooms, no live entertainment

The staff was wonderful!

The executive meals.
    • Executive Queen Room

Didn't have washing machines. The room was small. Got stuck in the elevator.

The executive meals.

Food was huge portions and delicious , staff was very polite...

Bed was too soft

Food was huge portions and delicious , staff was very polite and helpful , room was so clean and cleaned daily

Very friendly staff
    • Executive Queen Room

Having to leave

Very friendly staff

My husband and I stayed at the hotel to celebrate our 5 year anniversary; overall nice stay.
    • Executive Floor King Room with Sofa Bed

The room was out dated and seemed overpriced.

Staff was extremely friendly and made my husband and I feel very welcomed.

Bed was a little too soft, no early check ins

Bed was a little too soft, no early check ins

The bed was very comfortable

The bed was very comfortable

The bed was so Amazing😍.

I loved everything .

The bed was so Amazing😍. Like sleeping on the clouds .

The coffee is horrible there were no stirrers available nor...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The coffee is horrible there were no stirrers available nor were their any sugar options

The Staff was Super nice

Upgraded to a Suite

it was cool for the most part
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

no hot tub and it was kind of pricy for a late night check in

the shower was very nice

I'll book again!

N/a

The pizza orded from room service was fresh , hot and x large.

Very goo time an was comfortable

Staff

Everything was great

The location and cleanliness

I enjoyed my stay

Comfortable bed

Linen were old need new pillows not enough towels,shampoo...

Linen were old need new pillows not enough towels,shampoo,air condition smells like mildew.

Check in was easy and the beds were comfortable.

Couldn't find an exhaust fan it the bathroom and the mirror fogged up.

Check in was easy and the beds were comfortable.

The shower door screw came loose on the last day of stay.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

The shower door screw came loose on the last day of stay.

Walls are thin, you can hear others next door.

Location&Cleanliness.

Location&Cleanliness.

My stay was very enjoyable. I will definitely stay here again and again
    • King Room with City View

Better selection of tv channels. Only thing I didn’t like was the poor choice of channels to choose.

Bed was like a soft cloud. Breakfast was great

Not the best for a Hilton facility

Bed linens were damp