Reviews of Hilton Long Beach Hotel 3 stars

701 West Ocean Boulevard, Long Beach, CA 90831, USA

#17 of 60 hotels in Long Beach

There was a prom and other events being held there and I wish I were notified prior to booking the room. We have choices.... unfortunately I won’t cheoose to stay there in the future.

Security

Our teenagers found cigar and cigarette butts around the spa. Pool chair cushions were worn and torn. Not attractive. Spent 25 minutes on Saturday night trying to find parking in Hilton structure. I was told by manager that there was a prom going on and that there was parking outside available. I told her there were no signs indicating the outside parking. She said she would have her staff put a sign out. She waived the $22.00 parking fee for one night. Overall vibe from front desk staff was Meh. When I called front desk to say I couldn't check out on the TV, woman answered with a flat "hello." Instead of the customary..."Hello this is _____, how may I help you?" I had to ask for her name. She told me that I was checked out in spite of what my room TV screen said. Expected a more accommodating attitude considering the price we paid for the room.

Room was clean and comfortable. Housekeeping crew was friendly.

• Two Queen Beds Executive Floor Room

Broken elevator in main lobby no caution signs string the fact that the elevator was broke a I’ve machine and sass machine on 15th floor were either broken or out of service. Really inconvenient to have to go to another floor to get ice and a beverage.

Customer service and cleanliness

• King Room with Bath Tub - Hearing and Disability Accessible

There was hair from previous residents all over the bathroom. House cleaning came the next day to service the room and there was still hair in the shower. The window was covered in dirt so the wonderful view of the parking lot was less than optimal.

The bed was amazing and the lobby was gorgeous.

• King Room - Executive Floor

It was a hassle getting the free breakfast and you didn’t specify that it was only “Continental breakfast”. The Lady on the breakfast lobby was not friendly she was rude about it and said “ you have to pay $4 more “and you need to go down stairs for your coupon.” REALLY?? Why do we as the guest have To go thru that Hassle ?? Don’t you have a computer you can have this more coordinated? I wasn’t happy with that experience, you need a better system when we pay for “Executive floor and you offer free breakfast “ and then I need to have a coupon?”I was expecting a better system for a Hilton hotel .

I had booked the upgraded king room that was supposed to be a real suite w/a dining area, microwave, couch an actual suite, not the case when I arrived. The Hotel registration desk was clueless.

The breakfast wasn't horrible but for folks that do not eat meat, the selections were nil. The bed was ok. The electrictal units didn't work and for an executive suite (regular king bed room) very few amenities.

• Corner King Room with Balcony

I really love their staff and the customer service there. They were always so helpful and friendly. There's not one bad thing I could say about my experience there.

Expansive parking. Not the best quality/price place in town. Have to register to some kind of Hilton program to have internet access.

Nice pool and very clean and confortable room. Walking distance from restaurants.

The hotel did NOT honor the prices that "Booking.com" had presented at time of reservation. It was almost 400 dollars more. For that reason I will not be booking with Hilton again. Also if issues like this continue I will no longer use "Booking.com". Nor will I recommend them. No free breakfast, no free parking, bathroom in room was a little dirty when we checked in, the outter window was disgusting, covered with dirt and dust, it looked like housekeeping tried cleaning the outter window from inside only cleaning a small circle around the portion of the window that opened.... SMH

Friendly staff, decent view if your high up enough..

• King Room with Shower - Hearing and Disability Accessible

The parking was a problem. When I arrived back at the hotel after midnight, there were only two compact spaces available and several rows of available parking were all chained off. I have a very small car, but could not fit. I drove around looking for spots, and I saw at least five other cars circling the small underground lot for parking. Suddenly the chains came off, and parking was available, but I don't understand why it took so long to do so, or if hotel guest took the chains off themselves.

The bed was excellent! The pillow was incredible. Overall, for my one night stay this place was very nice.

Well when i had booked my stay i didnt get a balcony or breakfast when it said i was supposed to get it. And it never said to pay for parking witch i will never book an hotels from booking.com

The bed

Bathroom door clothes hanger was broken off with done door damage. Repairs should have been noted a d completed after prior tenants vacated. The valet area ceiling has wear danagecwith very obvious ceiling stucco area falling off. Needs repair before other pieces call off and injur people. Seems like repairs are neglected here.

Did not attend. Tried going to the bar at midnight and was already closed.

The communication of room with breakfast vrs. No breakfast or just Continental breakfast. Need better improvement from staff and third party description. To much time getting it right.

• King Room with Bath Tub - Hearing and Disability Accessible

Hard to self park and get into hotel elevators we’re broken. No one mentioned you needed to use your key to get access to the floor your room was on once in elevator inside hotel also no mention of directions to our room. The room was fairly clean for the most part bathroom floor looked like it hadn’t been swept was the only thing. We only spent a few hours in the room mostly just for sleeping so I couldn’t comment on much else.

Room was comfy

The price for the parking . For paying so much to stay at a hotel they should at least have free parking or at least cheaper parking .

Room was really nice but I believe it should have better lighting . But the bathroom lighting was great especially if you are doing your make up

• Two Queen Beds Executive Floor Room

Thought breakfast was included but they only gave 2 meal tickets per day. Also big $22 per day parking fee that I did not know about.

The pool and friendly staff.

• King Room - Executive Floor

no restaurant just a bar - The bathroom had mold and the door to the bathroom stuck every time it opened or shut - The staff was not helpful with this and the air conditioner rattled - One of the reasons we stay at hilton’s is because of the restaurants and comfort beds neither at this facility

Check in evening staff and morning staff not on same page. Told by Check in staff one thing then when I asked morning to do what check in staff told me to, I got “we don’t do that”. Room was ok not great. One of the elevators was scary to ride in. Told it was making scraping sounds and acting strange. Never saw an out of order sign, but another guest got out later and said the same thing to me.

It was close to where I was going.

When it was close to check out time which is 11am- I was in the bathroom at 9 am and I hear a person in my room thought it was my husband - it was the housekeeper and I was not dressed! How embarrassing!! Then hoping to calm down from the situation went down satiate with my husband to order food from restaurant while waiting for taxi service to airport- the food server- not the waitress that took our order- appeared confused I flagged him to inform him it was our meal he immediately said wait and walked over to the White couple he was corrected by the waitress and it was only then when he brought the food!!! As a psychologist he would benefit from learning mindfulness skills or being decolonized .

We paid over $300 cdn for a basic room for 3 adults. There was no wifi in the rooms (you had to pay extra!) the TV didn't work, there was only coffee in the room for 2 adults and we had to request more. The room was fine, but not more than that. We expected more for the price we paid. Also, I called before and asked if they had a shuttle to the cruise ship terminal. They said yes, a free shuttle. We confirmed when we arrived and they said to just come down to the lobby when ready. We came down with bags and were told there was only a free shuttle to the carnival ship and no shuttle to the Princess ship. (Port was 10 minutes away). There were several other guests who were angry about this misinformation. This should have been mentioned on the two times I asked.

Location was good. Hotel was clean

Parking is way too expensive. Factor it into any great deal you might get on the hotel price. $22 a Day!

The location is great to enjoy Long Beach, but also located right next to the 710 to bounce into L A. Fun.

wifi nothing room service does not answer there phone. call at night (no answer), called front desk they transferred to room service (no answer). spent 20 minutes at night could not get through. spent 5 minutes in the morning to try again to order - (no answer).

room was clean and comfortable. breakfast buffet was very good.

The main issue here is that the communication with booking.com and within the hotel is terrible. I called in the morning to get a late check out for 1:30 pm, which was fine and approved by the front desk. The person at the front desk said no problem that wasn't an issue at all. The issue came 1 hour later at around 8 am in the morning when I get a knock on the door from housekeeping asking if I am staying another day. This is the first time that this has happened to me all of my years staying at a hotel. I do not accept the staff waking me up at 8:30 am to ask if I am staying another night, even if, I did not get a late check out (it was 8:30 in the am). then, an hour later, I get another knock on my door from another housekeeper asking me the same question as before. Again, this is around 9-10 am in the morning. Which again is not acceptable, especially with my Do Not Disturb sign on. That's not all. Around 12 pm, I get a call from the front desk asking if I needed a late check out. Again, I called and was approved for the late check out from the very same front desk, that was now calling me. I told them that I was already given a check out time, by them, earlier that morning. They apologized for waking me. A few minutes later I get another knock on my door again from housekeeping... this is unacceptable. I then packed up my things and left. I think that was absolutely ridiculous and terrible management and communication within the organization and booking.com. I was called/harassed and woken up multiple times when myself and my girlfriend were trying to rest and sleep, by both housekeeping and the front desk (that approved the late check out). I did my part. I called for a late check out. I had my Do Not Disturb sign up. I feel like I was harassed to leave the hotel. I was not treated like a valued guest and I will never stay at that hotel ever again and I will never recommend it to any friend, family member, or enemy in life.

• King Room with Shower - Hearing and Disability Accessible

Hey I had the flu in and was in the emergency room two days before. And I called them with a hospital note and I called your company who would do nothing about it when I’ve been a good customer.The flu is an epidemic and it seems they would’ve rather me contaminated a room.

When the nearby room close the door,it will make very loud noise to interrupt the sleep status. When the nearby room flush the toilet,also got the noise heard by next room. When open the faucet first time for shower,no hot water coming out until about 2 minute

No complaints.

We stayed here a night after a long sleepless flight. Hotel was good for a conference type stay as it was clean, comfortable and had a bar/restaurant downstairs with the normal type food you would expect from a hotel of this chain.

I had an incident where I left my wedding ring and other jewelry and I didn't notice until hours after I checked out. I called and after a call back I was told they were recovered! I was ecstatic because these items were irreplaceable. I truly appreciate the staff that found it and were honest enough to return it. Thank you to everyone involved in keeping my belongings safe.

Housekeeping didn't understand my "non-down" bedding request. After two confused phone calls from the staff, I tried "hypoallergenic." They sent up one foam pillow and four additional down pillows. They seemed inexperienced, but at least they were friendly and attempted to meet my needs.

Room service food was slightly above average, and they honored our late checkout request for 1 pm.

Charging for parking. No complimentary breakfast. Prices in the reaturant and bar we too high. We checked out early because we were not enjoying our stay. The blankets were not soft and the towels were not fluffy. They did not have a good set of shampoo and conditioners. My hair was frizzy for two days. I told staff they need to step up their game. Even the marriott has free breakfast

The beds were comfortable. The staff didnt even tell us how to use our key cards or where the elevators were to get to our room. There was no complimentary breakfast. .i would expect coffee juice and egfs for as much as they rent the rooms for and free parking for guests.

• Corner King Room with Balcony

Small pillows that did not fit the bed. Confusion regarding if breakfast was included. also staff confused if they had Gluten Free bread or not. I was told twice no, then after checking with kitchen staff they had it...? Training issue maybe. We haveare not fans of Starbucks coffee and that's all that was served.

The bed was comfortable and room was clean & quiet. Free Shuttle to the Ferry terminal. Matt at the front desk was extremely polite and helpful.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

• King Room - Executive Floor

Self Parking - 22$ per night. Valet - 27$. You can find a lot of street parking around the hotel. Street parking free from 6PM till 9 AM (sunday whole day free).

Nice hotell and friendly stuff. Very close to bussines centers and convention center. I got room at 14th floor and it was nice view from my window. Not expensive room dinning and good selection of food. Good choice for bussiness trip or one night stay.

Your room key is used to access your floor and all other facilities so that was inconvenient.

It was super clean, everything looked new, and I was shocked thatb it looks bcc exactly like the pictures

I had two different rooms that were filthy dirty stained unsanitized I felt that it was needed in the brain and her cleaning system and sanitize their room very good because there was filled in the bathtubs filter on the floor on the walls and the carpet it’s just nasty rooms and the staff did not refund my money nor discounted

The view

They did not respond at all to simple requests. For instance we asked for extra towels as there was 4 of us and they only gave us 3. We never got any requested towels either day.

Beds were great

No spa services on-site... was expecting to relax & get a massage, etc. I thought $28 for valet was steep, esp b/c self park was also high at $22. They need a cheaper parking option available.

The fish tacos...So good! Great pillows. Loved that room window opened for fresh air. Nice peek-a-boo water view; beautiful at sunrise.

Staff.. didn't smile. Seamed..as if we were bothering her when trying to check in.when asked if I can check in earlier since I was not able to return at time of original check..she actually offered to cancel my reservation and told that if I want check in to another hotel I could..I felt that was not greatest customer service advice. Luckily she offered another suggestion because I was not happy at the moment.

Room was clean and comfy

• King Room - Executive Floor

We did not like the room which was called the executive room the bed and pillows were a little stiff. It was not the luxury I expected, but may be we are comparing it to the Wyndham hotel. Our room was next to the service staff room, we heard bumping and knocking the entire stay. They didn’t offer complimentary water neither did the have a microwave in the executive suite. I keep mentioning the fact that it's an executive suite because the staff member that checked us in put on emphasis on us staying in the executive suite as though it was something special. Lastly the fire alarm went off in the middle of the night....that topped the cake.

We liked the overall Cleanliness and the location. Most of the staff was friendly. We also had an excellent view of the pool from the 14th floor.

I got a different story about the shuttle between the night shift and day shift reservations counter staff.

It was very close to Catalina Express and they had a complimentary shuttle, so we got there quick.

I do not like driving in a city that i am not familiar with.We missed a turn and were lost for a while.We are technophobes therefore have no gps etc.Roads were closed and traffic was diverted.We finally arrived and put the vehicle in the valet then had a few stiff drinks!

The room was nice and clean.The location is excellent for the harbor,Queen Mary,restaurants,Catalina Express etc.The hotel has a free shuttle service and there is also a free City bus service.If you drive here then use the valet and forget your car!

Shuttle service from Long Beach Airport would have been nice. If it was included, I missed it.

Customer service at check-in was excellent. The bed was to-die-for comfortable...after a very long flight with many delays and a missed connection, when I finally lay my head down on the pillow I actually said a prayer of thanks because I felt like I was sleeping in the clouds somewhere in heaven! The gym was also nice--had everything I needed.

A very nice place to stay. We mate in Long Beach. Been married 55 ys. We have 6 boys and lived in Norwalk. We retired in Arizona. We love Long Beach.

Apparently I didn't get the "free breakfast" option, so I had to pay for the buffet each morning. It was an excellent buffet, just wasn't crazy about the price.

Nice bar & lounge just off the main entrance. Perfect for an afternoon drink.

• Corner King Room with Balcony

The pool was more like a puddle and the view was not that amazing.

The staff was very nice and the shuttle was amazing. I didn't even take my truck out of valet parking for either day.

Pool was shallow (3') and crowded $10/day for wifi

Sleek Clean Great location (I walked to the convention center and to restaurants every night)

Everything, ice machine was broken so I had to the floor below me to get it the whole stay. Bed was gross, stains and it was old comforter. There was hair on the bathroom floor like if someone just cut their hair and left it a mess. Trash can we're also not clean. For the price I paid and for the name of the hotel is not woth it. I could have stayed in a motel for the same experience and less expensive. That's how horrible Hilton Long Beach is.

I could not park my truck in covered parking. They said it was too big. We had a lot of belongings in the back and had to park in the neighboring unsecured parking area. Nothing happened but I worried all night. The first room they gave us reeked of marijuana. We complained before unpacking and they gave us another room immediately, no questions asked.

Very well kept. Lobby and Bar were very nice. loved that there was a coffee bar right in the lobby with no waiting. The pool and spa were very nice and clean, great views.

• King Room with Bath Tub - Hearing and Disability Accessible

The location was centrally located 15 minutes away from Long beach Airport and 2 minutes away from the pier outlets. Very convenient walking distance.

Parking here is a disaster. They share a parking garage with the World Trade Center offices, but you are unable to access them after midnight. With so many things to do in the surrounding areas like theme parks where you may not be leaving until after midnight, they need to allow more time for guests to park their cars somehow. There are not nearly enough spots in the garage for the hotel's size either. This needs sorting out as soon as possible.

The hotel was nice and clean, it had a nice feeling to it especially in the lobby. The room was well maintained.

• King Room - Executive Floor

the underground parking. We keep getting lost. Every time, for three days, we always had a hard time where we parked. But the parking is nice on site. Just need more signs.

Great place, very comfortable, nice staff. Location is not too far from everything.

For cost, Towels and linen were somewhat shabby. Checked in room and had to request cleaning of the restroom which had old toothpaste, soap residue, and hair left behind.

The ladies at the reception desk was short and not pleasant to deal with.

The cleaning staff was fantastic. The shuttle service guys were great as well.

• King Room with Shower - Hearing and Disability Accessible

It was our fault. We didnt need a handicap equip bathroom. But it was ok.

The fact that you replied to my question at the time of booking. We requested to check out at 1pm instead at no charge and you replied ok. Thankyou

There wasn't anything we didn't like.

The room was clean, temp nice and cold, we all slept really well because the beds were so comfortable and lot of pillows. Sounds funny but the soaps and shampoo and conditioner were really nice. Room service was delicious and fast. We never really heard anyone else either. We went to an event at the Beverley O'Neill center as was able to walk to and from and felt safe even at night. There is a lot to do around the hotel.

• Two Queen Beds Executive Floor Room

When we request towels to be delivered to pool, they still hadn't arrive 30 mins later so went cackle to room dripping wet and cold. Could not believe other guests were incapable of removing their rubbish from pool area. Also to discover that the so called breakfast inclusive was continental not full menu and being expected to pay extra when had actually paid $40 more than a standard room was shocking. Some of the staff were helpful and friendly.

Bed was comfortable and quiet room. Hotel shuttle service in local area was great and driver very helpful

• King Room with Shower - Hearing and Disability Accessible

The front desk staff was not very friendly but it is California. We requested a return shuttle from the dock and after an hour waiting we had to take a city bus. There was only one luggage cart for the entire hotel and after waiting 40 minutes for it to be returned we had to carry our 5 bags and our friends 8 bags by hand.

The room was comfortable

i didn't like that the parking was so expensive and there was no WiFi available unless i became a member. i also didn't like breakfast was not included.

the room was clean but restroom had female hairs and was not very clean sink looked dirty

The underground parking is kinda small and fills up early, so if you go out to dinner and come back late you may need to park in the open lot next to the hotel.

Bed was comfy, convenient location for my visit to Carson.

Room could have been a little cleaner and the windows with the harbor view were VERY dirty. All in all it was a good experience however I felt the price per night is a little on the high side.

Front desk staff were super friendly and made check in and out very easy.

Probably due to location of room there's some noise of cars passing in the night

Everything about the place is just perfect. The speed of delivery whenever a request is made is excellent

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

• King Room Executive Floor- Hearing Accessible with Tub

The windows in my room were disgustingly dirty, bathroom had hair in the bath and floor (I guess that it was from previous guest) and housekeeping was keep knocking on the door early morning , because apparently they weren't aware that someone was in the room.

The pool area was nice, lobby looked presentable and room in overall looked average.

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

Construction around the house is a little annoying. Once it is over the hotel is perfect.

Easy access, fast check-in/check-out, clean rooms, quite.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

Food Services stay open later

The bed was excellent, breakfast was a little expenses, service was great. The lobby bar stopped serving food kinda early for a Friday night

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Front desk forgot to tell us how to use our key card in the elevator. We had trouble getting to our floor and then the door closed on us when we got out of the elevator. We ended up taking the stairs. We told the bell hop our situation and he apologized and showed us how to use the key card in the elevator to get to our floor.

Bed was comfortable. Nice view of the Queen Mary which is where we had dinner reservations.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

• King Room - Executive Floor

They gave me a room next to an ice machine and next to the laundry room I did not sleep well I can hear the machines all night long. You have to pay extra por parking

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

The cost of parking was a little much.

The mattress was great and the staff very friendly. Walking distance to great restaurants. Close to freeways. Room service was quick and reasonable.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

• King Room with Bath Tub - Hearing and Disability Accessible

The service was horrible. I asked for wine glasses to be brought to my room and thirty minutes later I called again and they told me to come down and get them myself and that's just one of the experiences during my visit. Staff was rude most of the time.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

We could not phone England from our room.welost our credit card nobody wants to help it took until the next evening to get help which we did the evening manager Monica was great but I was in tears.

Food was really good

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

I was told there wasn't enough staff so instead of getting room service, I had to go down myself to get what I needed. My family and I found it difficult to get a shuttle back to the hotel from Catalina Express. Not sure if it was late, but just getting thru the front lobby wasn't as easy as I imagined.

That when I asked for and extended check out, it wasn't a problem. The breakfast selection was delightful and the Staff there are very attentive and polite. I especially love the giant TV Screens by the bar area.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

• Corner King Room with Balcony

Didn't realize that breakfast was included? Toilet tank noise of water dripping inside bowl. You need to fix flapper or seal. Had to drive in order to get to the convention center, too far to walk.

• Reviewed: 10 September 2016

I tried to book a stay and cruise, but it apparently can only be done online and I was unable to find any trace of it,. Perhaps I should have tried Wikileaks.

Nice room and close to the Seaport village and the cruise terminal. Nice staff.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• King Room with Shower - Hearing and Disability Accessible

Service at restaurant was bad and then when we go our food it was the wrong order. We ordered first and got our food last. Ice machine on the 5th floor did not work It took forever for bell boy to deliver our luggage once we arrived. (not even busy) We referred two other couples to stay at the same hotel. Their (both rooms) bathtubs were not working well.(overflowing) They called front desk twice and no one came to their room.

Nothing to be honest

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Two Queen Beds Executive Floor Room

The bed was very comfy. The lady at the starbucks in the hotel was very rude so we decided to cancel our order. The lady at the front desk seemed annoyed when we tried to pay our parking fare in advance. The parking structure was horrible, a hassle to find anywhere to park. The breakfast buffet was a great value for our money!

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

A couple of The computers didn't work.

The outside common space was very clean! The patio was power scrubbed and someone was wiping down the legs of the patio furniture. The room was comfortable and kept clean. The hallways smelled amazing!! Every time I left the elevator I immediately felt good about being there because it smelled so good!!

• Reviewed: 22 June 2016

The fitness equipment TV's did not work. It was a cable problem so the hotel obviously knew about it. The desk clerk acted like this was the first she had heard of it. Only one towel was available per guest. For a high end hotel, I would have expected two - that what I need to wash my hair.

Stayed in May 2016

• Reviewed: 18 June 2016

• King Room - Executive Floor

Prepaid an extra 30 dollars for breakfast and found out I needed to pay 4 dollars extra each(total 8 dollars ) for eggs,sausage and bacon. After paying 260 for the room, 18 dollars a day for parking an extra 30 dollars prepaid for breakfast you would think they wouldn't charge an extra 4 dollars per person.

Hotel was clean and staff friendly.

Browse Hilton Long Beach Hotel traveller photo gallery