Reviews of Hilton Los Angeles North-Glendale & Executive Meeting Center 4 stars

100 West Glenoaks Boulevard, Glendale, CA 91202, USA

#4 of 16 hotels in Glendale

• King Room - Disability Access

Concistensy info, when check in, the staff tell that there is a free shuttle from hotel to Americana every hour until 9.30 PM. When we asked the other staff on the other day, she said the free shuttle is only where is available, not in every hour as mentioned before.

Friendly staff when check in

the bed mattress is too soft (for me). In the shower, ladies are missing the handle nozzle for more efficient cleanness.

nice, ambient and clean hotel. The parking is too expensive for a guest. The staff is very friendly and addresses every request very fast. Nearby a very good seafood restaurant for very reasonable price.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Rooms: furniture is quite old and in general rooms look worse than lobby, you expect them to be 'fresher'for the money you pay. Parking is also for additional 20 bucks charge, which is frustrating for such a hotel.

Lobby

• Executive Floor King Room

Hotel was old and falling apart. Phone buttons did not work, walls were water damaged with paint falling off, toilet was clogged, shower was old and barely worked, TV had a huge line through it that made watching it impossible, walls were very thin, was woken up at 6am by neighbor who kept letting alarm ring.

Breakfast was OK, staff gave me a full refund and I went to another hotel.

Noisy (guests slamming doors all night). When we arrived there was only 1 bath towel and 1 hand towel (2 guests) we told front desk. When we came back in the afternoon we had 2 bath towels and 1 wash cloth.

Room was clean. Beds comfy.

Parking gas smoke fume odor is very strong in the elevator, could not breath normally. Booking.com invoice shows the wording "final price is...." but it is not the final price. I had to pay additional $21 parking per day.

Location of the hotel is near Glendale downtown. Trade Joe is across the intersection.

The bathroom was not clean, the sink did not seem to have been washed well and had hair in it. Beds were really small. Parking fee, also higher than what is listed on their website (21 vs. 19). It did not look better than an average inn/lodge, pretty disappointing for a Hilton. Would not stay there again.

• Queen Room

Nestle water in the room. It cheapens the experience. Hand soap is too heavily scented. The TV in the room is at an odd angle and how the TV is programmed is very limiting.

I liked the smooth check in and out, especially the friendliness of the staff - valet, front desk, restaurant. I liked the convenience of the restaurant and it’s relaxing atmosphere. I liked the bed and bathroom amenities.

Requested and confirmed king bed, when we arrived was informed they only had double beds. I was out on a Romarntic evening and this was very disappointing

Beautiful property and hotel

It’s a really old hotel so like bathrooms didn’t have air vents, sliding door without balcony freaked me out (it doesn’t open all the way, but still). The room doors shake/moves when a neighbor closes or opens their door, so that was a bit annoying.

Generally close to a lot of different places to visit. Loved our view! Literally could see the whole city and DT LA. Generally clean, and worth looking into.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room was smaller then it looks on web site. Neighbors slammed door all night and morning long. The door slamming was every 5-10 min. No fridge.

Staff was great.

none

it was a very pleasant stay at this hotel! they offered us a very nice crib for our 6 month old and free of charge. rooms are big and super clean the biggest surprise was that they gave us FREE BREAKFAST for me and my husband for the whole stay ( 5 nights) cannot ask for a better place for a short vacation in LA

• King Room - Disability Access

The price for one night was decent. But it could honestly be a little cheaper. The lady who checked us in was a little rude. Everyone seemed to be older I’m 23 I didn’t really see people my age but that could simply be because it’s an executive meeting center. I probably don’t match their demographics.

The bathroom was spacious. The gentleman at the information desk not the check in people but he has separate booth he was very kind unfortunately didn’t get his name.

The amimities were scarce. Very mimimal shampoo and soap. The towels were rough and where the carpeting met the tile in bathroom, the Capet tacking was bare and you had to be very careful not to step on it. 50$ incidental fee and 21$ per day to park. A very disappointing Hilton hotel.

I have traveled all around the world ,usually hotel parking is free, bedsides Hawaii Parking should have been free Hotel should have offered a complementary breakfast !

Staff is helpful. However, house cleaning didn't do their job regarding our room. Old sheets were absolutely not changed prior to my arrival. The bed was made very nice. But pillows had cosmetic eye makeup left over on them. Bedsheets had yellowish stains. Maybe not from the prior inhabitants, but the sheets looked permanently stained. What appears to be a good value for the money is an overpayment on a below average hotel/motel. Hilton should drop their moniker off the building. Staff is helpful. However, house cleaning didn't do their job regarding our room. Old sheets were absolutely not changed prior to my arrival. The bed was made very nice. But pillows had cosmetic eye makeup left over on them. Bedsheets had yellowish stains. Maybe not from the prior inhabitants, but the sheets looked permanently stained. What appears to be a good value for the money is an overpayment on a below average hotel/motel. Hilton should drop their moniker off the building.

Ordered room service breakfast night before n never came n have to order again in the morning. Breakfast ws very expensive! Soap n toiletries were not refilled every day.

Spacious room

Had to pay for parking $21.00. Room smelled like wet carpet, the mirror in the bathroom light did not work and the elevator wait time was ridiculous.... Will not stay here again

Convenient location

The furniture and decor is outdated. Also, parking at the hotel is expensive . Self-park is $19 a day and valet parking is $26 a day.

The staff was helpful and knowledgeable about restaurants in the area.

I'm a Hilton Honors member and found a better price via booking.com. At check in I asked the clerk why, she said that happens, but you could've called and they woukd have matched it. Then she stated she only knew of that option since a guest brought it to her attention....how was I suppose to know if a Hilton employee didnt even know?

• King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

Bathroom shower had no way to contain water from shower from getting out onto bathroom floor. Toilet tissue was not replenished. Lighting was kinda dark. Concierge wasn’t very helpful at making suggestions/help in what to do and see while in LA area.

The price through booking.com did not match what I was charged. Booking .com said $134, or $154 after tax. Hilton decided to charge me $189 even with the reservation and no extra charges.

Bed was nice. Room very clean.

The bed was way too soft. My room was across the hall from the housekeeping room so sleeping in was not an option and all day long you could here them speaking loudly to each other and the doors slamming. I have no idea what was going on upstairs but it sounded like they had metal balls and they continually and sporadically dropped them on the bathroom floor.

The gym is large

• Queen Room

First they gave me a room with no view in the fifth floor. I had to asked to the change the room to a higher floor with view. No spa in the hotel. They refused to give me late checkout although my flight was at 8:30pm. The room fernuture looks great kid and need reinovation. Breakfast was not included in the room rate.

The room view was very nice. The hotel is a waking distance from shopping and resrurents areas. The gym is well equipped.

• Deluxe Queen Room

When we got to our room it was just old looking.. found some trash from the people before us because the room wasn’t cleaned properly.. the carpet was dirty like the vacuuming wasn’t done right, there was some left over gunk on the toilet seat, and a odd looking stain on one of the sheets. Bonus for what I’m pretty sure was blood on the blinds

When you walk in the hotel looks so beautiful and new!

I loved that the gift shop was close to the elevators and check out. Every where we stay when we run down stairs for a quick late night snack you have to walk through the entire hotel in your pajamas. This was very convenient.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

I always fell like I am getting gouged when after paying a good price for the room , I have to also pay for parking. One reason why I wouldn't come back to this hotel

Nice friendly staff

view from room was air conditioning units and parking garage.

walking distance to shops , area felt safe. reception very good when they couldn't find my booking. Rooms were big and bathroom amenities were good. Did not use the restaurant.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The payment process was very uncomfortable... the night manager that checked us in conveniently didn't put down the 100$ deposit that I gave him in cash, which I paid the room in cash also, he gave me a receipt and partially my fault I didn't inspect the receipt due to being so exhausted from driving all day and I didn't expect the Hilton a reputable company to rip me off. We stayed for 2 nights, paid everything in cash, we had 2 room service charges that I tried to charge to the room, at first it went thru, then the last night we ordered dinner for the kid and they wanted me to pay for it which I went down to the front desk and spoke with the lady and she informed me that I needed to put more money down for the nights deposit if I wanted to charge the room service to the room so I said I will pay cash for the 2 room charges. So she said in the morning when I check out I would get back 94.03$ of my 100.00$ deposit back; I said no problem thank you. In the morning I go to check out and the lady says I get back 35$ and some change. I said that's not correct the lady last night said I will be getting back 94$; she said she calculated the taxes wrong and then she tells me that I didn't give them the 100$ deposit because on the receipt it says the room charge is for only one night. So the day time manager comes and shows me the receipt and there is no 100.00$ deposit on there and, going by their paper work, I only get back 35$. I told them to look at the camera to see that I paid cash and layed it all on the counter while I counted 503.00$ for the room and 100.00$ deposit in cash. It took a while till they made their phone calls and the day time manager (very nice guy) took care of everything and he was very apologetic. He returned me 96$ and some change. Even though they returned the money, they made me feel very uncomfortable as if I was lying that I gave the night manager 100.00$ in cash.

The chicken sandwich was very good

To start off when I book The Room online its stated if I pay 129 it would be just for the stay if I pay 149 I would have breakfast included unfortunately I was charged 202 a night no breakfast and I also had to pay for parking at $20 a night. I rather stay at a place where parking is included if you going to have someone pay for extra for food they should be accommodated

I like the place for the fact that it was clean. And the staff always had a great attitude

The tv has a delay.

I love the location, the decor, the outdoor pool, The mountain view and the breakfast. It's an overall nice and not too pricey hotel.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

I didn't like that this hotel do not accept my hilton honors membership when booking through booking.com, when I had no issues at other hilton hotels with applying this. Also the parking lot at this hotel is very expensive to say that it is not in downtown.

The staff at this hotel are always so helpful and polite. The facilities are excellent and well maintained and the rooms are clean, well appointed and decorated with attractive views of the hills.

The little clock-radios are useful for traffic reports and the weather. But they are difficult (impossible?) to reset to the correct time.

Glendale is a quiet, clean, very prosperous, close-in suburb of LA. Staying at the Hilton is convenient to everything in downtown LA, Hollywood and the entire San Fernando Valley. I love it because of the great restaurants, clubs and shopping nearby.

• King Room - Disability Access

Doesn't deserve high prices they charge. No special facilities to justify such charges. Really poor value for money.

It is located outside of LA so it was easy to travel back to bay area and it saved us a hour in morning.

• Queen Room

Plumbing made a few strange noises, and the window was a bit difficult to open.

Our room was clean, and our view was nice. The staff graciously allowed us to change rooms when we arrived. Would definitely stay here again.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Now what I was not happy about were the very flat three pillows on each bed. I had to request extra pillows on our second night stay. House keeping ONLY brought my family up two extra pillows. Mind you their are two adults and two teenage children. I then requested two more pillows and I was told NO due to a football team checking in. That was frustrating. The beds were very small and extremely uncomfortable. For this to be the Hilton, I was disappointed.

Well when we arrived the front desk was going to put us on the 4th floor. I quickly requested to be placed on a higher floor. She made that accommodation very quickly so that made my family very happy. she placed us on the 11th floor and may I say the view was absolutely beautiful.

Very clean and comfortable room Parking was very easy for LA with an underground car park on site. ( check out the classic car collection on level 2 ) The pool was big enough with space to relax.

• Executive Floor King Room

Hotel is only reachable by car, so parking could have been included in the room price.

Large and luxurious room. Big bed. Great bathroom. Good selection at breakfast. Easy parking with in/out privileges. 20 minutes walk from Glendale Galleria with many shops and restaurants.

• Executive Double Room with Two Double Beds

Walls were paper thin- heard neighbors come in after midnight and I heard their conversation through earplugs like they were standing over me. We also heard police sirens both nights all night (and we were on the 17th floor). Huge Cobwebs on the outside of the windows which was unfortunate because we had a pretty view of the mountains.

The ac was a bit temperamental.

Big comfy bed with nice pillows. Good products in the bathroom. The location was great; you're very close to the freeway and local shopping (Americana, glendale galleria).

• Executive Floor King Room

The Skyline Lounge closed but the information didn't update in the room details. Thus I thought the executive floor rooms includes breakfast but it turned out the other way. Glendale is too far from Downtown LA and both the public transport and the traffic are bad.

Nice staff, clean room

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Additional $19 per day for parking, which was not stated. TV's were old and outdated. Overpriced for what I payed with poor amenities and poor quality walls as I could hear everything from all the other rooms.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

As a generic Hilton property it offered everything you expect from a Hilton - good, regular service without doing anything spectacular. What you see is what you get.

The hotel is typical Hilton (ie good quality, generic) and is situated in a pleasant part of town close to the Downtown area of Glendale. The pool is quite pleasant.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

• Executive Floor King Room

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Sue and Pedro gave my daughter and I great service in the restaurant. The food was excellent and the tables in the separate room had a beautiful view. The staff at the front desk and in the store were extremely nice as well. The room was very clean. We had very easy access to public transportation and the Galleria and Americana were close enough to walk or take the local bus with no problem. We liked being able to rent a car right at the hotel if we wanted.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room

Conference center did not have loop for hearing impaired. I will not attend a conference there again. I couldn' hear.

Nice flat pillows. Great room.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

They only thing I didn't like was I was told balance was 525 plus 100 deposit total 625 and I would get my deposit once I check out. Once I check out they said I owed 37 dollars oh 19 dollars for parking so I should of had received 53 dollars back but I got zero receptionist was rude

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

• Executive Floor King Room

Breakfast was good - great service and surprisingly good food Rooms were kept clean and the executive suite we stayed in was very large Great service

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

• Executive Floor King Room

I couldn't tell if the scrambled eggs were real or powder. Once doctored up with all the fixxins they too were really good!

Waffle and fruit were fresh and ripe!

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

I reserved a room with 2 beds and when i got there only had 1 bed room. If I want to cancel my reservation i have to pay but they dont had the room that i reserved. Really unfair.

Very clean room and the guest services its really good.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

• Executive Floor King Room

The clerk at the registration desk was too serious and not friendly. She gave us a room next to the noisy ice machine. The bell man helped us get a better room with a better view. The room service never answered the phone when we tried to order dinner in our room. The pool was too cold. On our way out they took a long time to send a bell man to our room. We had to carry our own luggage. It was an inconvenience.

Bed was like a cloud and the view was excellent. The breakfast servers are very friendly and nice.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

• Executive Floor King Room

Not applicable...we had no issues with this request

All employees were keen and eager to assist, from the Check in staff to the bar staff all presented themselves in a Professional manner and mannerism

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

Lines at check-in. Food was unremarkable. Toiletries lacking. Waitstaff lacking. No water upon check-in. No coffee cups. TV wasn't working properly.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

needed qtips and cotton in the bathroom the hotel felt sterile the treadmills were difficult to turn on. the buttons needed service

the waiters in the dining room were very good. housekeeping was very good, and early which we liked breakfast was barely okay. only ate there once

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

• King Room - Disability Access

The parking charges were unexpected.

Everyone was very service oriented and pleasant. It was a happy place to be. We kept adding days to our stay over the holiday, it was easy and hassle free. They also made quick accommodations for my husband's very large truck.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

The chef couldn't poach my egg and it took over 45 minutes to receive my breakfast.

The Staff took care of us and comped our breakfast after I had to order something different since the chef didn't know how to make mine.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Front desk clerk was snobby , and treated me like I didn't belong in this hotel. Our first room the toilet was clogged. They moved us to another room. She wasn't so snobby after that problem.

Comfortable room.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

I would like a microwave and refrigerator in the rooms.

Food was very good. The wait staff in bar and dining room exceptional. Housekeeping was very helpful. Christian,the shuttle driver was a very polite and safe driver.

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

No fridge or microwave in the room, even if it was an executive king room.

The room was spacious and the bed very comfortable. Very clean and bathroom shower big for two persons to move in it without a problem.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

Besides food being a little pricey which is understandable, I didn't have many complaints.

Food was delicious and the view was beautiful. The bed was heavenly.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Payment. It should of been at least $200 dollars total to be honest. There was no microwave or refrigerator or another room. The embassy suite had that. That was worth $400.

The staff. It was quiet. I loved everyone.

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

Very sad you no longer have a real dining room. Most people ate at the bar, the old dining room was so much better. It was cozy and elegant. We left our GPS at Avis and asked hotel for help sending it back to us at our own expense. We never heard from them. Avis refuses to send it. That is the only bad thing.

bed is good, lobby also, concierges very good, especially Daniel Moses and Christian Flores. Also, love the little store.

• Reviewed: 23 November 2016

• Queen Room

The "light" construction did not allow me to sleep in. The noise started at 7:00 am on a Monday. Boo!! Also 20 bucks to park overnight.

I love this hotel for the location,staff and cleanliness of the hotel.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

• Executive Floor King Room

The bed was not comfortable. Too hard and there was no extra blanket close at hand.

The breakfast was great and the staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

you could hear construction worker working on rooms above our room on Sunday morning

Everyone that help us was really nice. Also the check in was easy and fast.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room was a little outdated and could use a better cleaning. Although the staff did mention the rooms were going to be renovated soon. We got a great deal this time, but mostly when I check the prices are too high so we don't stay here a lot.

Staff was so nice and friendly. Everyone was very helpful and a delight to talk to.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room

It's the little details that you hope for from a Hilton to set them apart from other hotel chains. During our last visit we had complimentary bottled water in our room. We did not have that this time. One of our drinking glasses appeared to be sterilized and wrapped but it was cracked. Someone should have caught that. The maid had not emptied the ice bucket and given us a clean bag when we returned to the room the next day. My husband ordered the shrimp cocktail at $16 and received four shrimp. It was not what one would normally expect for a shrimp cocktail and seems very expensive for what you get for your $$. That's $4 per shrimp. He was not happy. We will think twice before having dinner on site again.

This was our second visit in a month. We have a new business in LA and will be coming down routinely for the next few months. Staff and service were excellent as usual. Everyone is very accommodating. The room is comfortable, on the small side, but still the bed was excellent. Food overall is nicely prepared - some items are pricey for the value received.

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

Inconsistent information about payment for the room at the front desk. Had to request a refrigerator be put in the room. Not all cable stations listed in room brochure were available. Staff was not actively directing guests when the evacuation alarm was going off.

Lobby was very attractive.

• Reviewed: 2 September 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room

Room was small for what we paid for it. Ice machine was broke, Had issues with TV., We just expected more for Hilton

Location was nice. Staff was mostly friendly.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Could use a better iron that doesn't leak water

Bed was super comfy, great location. Walking distance to trader joes. Great restaurants near by. Easy in and out parking.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

• Executive Floor King Room

The bed was very stiff and the pillows should be bigger and fluffy. Also the HVAC makes it very cold in the lobby area.

Great location for Dodger games.

• Reviewed: 26 August 2016

it would have been nice to have free coffee but other than that I have no complaints at all !

First impression was amazing. Left me feeling like I paid a great price for an awesome room.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room

The room was very comfortable & had everything I needed. I loved the location. Close to L.A., shops & beaches. Unfortunately, I had to cut my visit short due to family concern.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

• Executive Floor King Room

Rooms are old you are paying for location.So crazy you pay to park your car while living in hotel

Mr.Macias he is a excellent manager great customer service also the manager of dining also great customer service stops talk to guest finally someone knows how to make a real cesar salad anchovies

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Climate control was difficult. Either too hot or too cold. Seemed like the thermostat did not work. Also the tv remote did not work very well in that room. There was also a gap between the window panes. A little disconcerting. Both temp control and tv remote were better when we returned and had a different room.

The staff were very helpful. Overall very nice.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

• Executive Floor King Room

Carparking girl downright rude reported to hotel shw even took our dauly stamped ticket and said we had to get another each day frim reception, she should be sacked plain and simple. Said free parking on booking was a fee for this at hotel only booked because of free parking would have looked elsewhere if not free. Hotel staff honoured parking but had to remind everytime the staff attending reception even after getting gi ahead from manager. So more attention to detail required

Food breakfast staff courteous.