Reviews of Hilton Los Angeles/San Gabriel 3 stars

225 West Valley Boulevard, San Gabriel, CA 91776, USA

#1 of 6 hotels in San Gabriel

great hotel
    • King Bedroom

The rooms plus hallway had a weird smell that we couldn't get out. The location is a bit tricky as there is not much around unless you search for Asian stores and restaurants, but we had a car and knew it upfront so it was fairly easy. I think this applies to a lot of hotels throughout the US: hotels need to renovate their rooms to be without carpets, it's quite challenging for people with allergies and generally speaking much more hygienic without. Also hotels in the US should consider reducing the plastic in the rooms enormously.

After reading a few super bad reviews I was a bit concerned about the cleanliness since I never feel comfortable if it's not super clean and we were going to spend 8 nights there. But to my surprise sometimes reviews can be misleading: the hotel was well maintained, the rooms super clean, comfortable and nice. The parking was only 5 dollars per day, the staff was friendly and on point. Great coffee in the room, super quiet rooms and hallways. The gym was clean and appealing.

Waste your money and time!
    • Superior King Room

Worst worst experience yesterday's night! Do not come this hotel and waste your money! I come this hotel once a month and this is my second time of this month. I asked Wifi password when I check in. The manager said I cannot have because I booking through third party. I stand in front of desk and he said go to room for one night. Very rude attitude! I contact customers service late night and no one can help this issue. I also call complaint department and everyone said this hotel policy. But why no one tell me this policy before? I came hotel and get free wifi every time. How can they do that? Oh, the manager change policy every time, every minuets? How can you treat your customer like that? Finally, I left hotel in the late night! I stayed Hyatt and they provide best service. Hilton do not refund $200. It's OK and this is my last time with Hilton. I will never and ever come Hilton again! I would not commend this hotel to anyone! Try to stay other better place!

Worst worst experience yesterday's night!
    • Superior King Room

My stay was awesome, I would not hesitate to recommend this place to my friends.
    • Queen Bedroom

The business center was very poor. There was one computer at the reception area. I tried to use the computer to transfer some photos into my storage drive, there were security restrictions that made it impossible.

Breakfast was really well balanced. I am a vegetarian, I did not struggle to find something different to eat every morning. There was also a good variety of fresh fruits every morning. For many people food cuts the deal.

enjoyable
    • King Bedroom

AC would not cool down enough so I found it to be a bit warm and sometimes uncomfortable at night. The room service although somewhat affordable the food did not taste very well, however overall i would return.

The bed was comfortable, clean, bathroom was clean. The room was spacious. The hotel was quiet and the staff was friendly, water was included, parking was very affordable. Checkout was easy and quick.

Nice hotel for short stay prior to a tour.
    • King Bedroom

Location...bit too far from downtown LA/Hollywood...transport a little tricky. Didn’t really feel too safe going out of hotel at night time.

Staff very friendly and helpful. Was offered free wifi. Room very clean, comfy bed and pillows. Hotel in general very clean. Has a bit of a wow factor!

Overall, good.
    • King Bedroom

The parking! It was fine except for the Saturday night, when there was a social event at the hotel, which jammed the hotel parking. I was forced to go through the underground parking twice and then around the block twice, trying to find a parking space. After almost 40 minutes, I decided to park in the valet. They were very sorry and didn't charge me.

I was traveling alone so I needed a good hotel in a safe location. However, I would have preferred a smaller motel because of price and convenience. Overall, the hotel is very nice.

Best hotel I’ve stayed in many years.
    • Queen Bedroom

It is located in Chinatown and you better like Chinese food. Very few American restaurants.

Best hotel I’ve stayed in many years. Very clean. Great beds. Staff very friendly. Great location to downtown LA. The best buffet breakfast I’ve ever had

Horrendous hygiene experience akin to living in a 1 star hotel
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

It is utterly disappointing and despicable that the floor of my toilet was not cleaned at all since I began my stay at the hotel. There were stains of urine on the floor and yet after my bedroom was 'made' by housekeeping, all these stains were still present. The standard of hygiene is appalling and the cleaning staff lack proper training in your premises. My husband and I are frequent travelers that often reside in Hilton Hotels across the globe. However, upon this lackluster performance by your cleaning staff, we will definitely seek other hotels in the vicinity the next time we are in San Gabriel.

We’re a young family with a 2yo from Sydney and we’re...
    • Queen Bedroom

We’re a young family with a 2yo from Sydney and we’re recommended to stay here for a wedding. The location is surrounded by a great selection of Asian eateries, large grocery store, bakery and a few min drive to complexes with stores like Dollar Tree (bargain store), Game Stop and Starbucks. 10- 15 min drive to surrounding suburbs like Pasadena, Alhambra and Monterey but that seems the norm to get anywhere with a car! It’s at least 40 min to an hour to drive out to Santa Monica and Hollywood for the more touristy locations but we loved staying in the outer suburbs and avoid the famous LA traffic! Would definitely stay here again.

Nice reception staff and nice room.
    • Queen Bedroom

Hallway was not clean. Bobby pins and candy pieces on the carpet from the time we checked in to check out the next day.

Nice reception staff and nice room.

Stayed here before and really like the location, quality of...
    • Superior King Room

Stayed here before and really like the location, quality of hotel and staff. only problem with my room this time was the toilet - it must have had something stuck in the pipe, as it flushed extremely slow. On day 2, it would not flush at all, a dn they had to snake it out

convenient to restaurant.
    • King Bedroom

light is so few.. can't change the light to lighter... and arena of pool facility or the beauty is less similarity to online pic.

the cleaner doesn't really completely clean all.. we figure some of stuff are missing or floor still unclear.. with garbage on the floor

Will come back.
    • King Bedroom

The room is great. It is very clean. The bed is comfortable. The shower worked well. There are lots of restaurants around the hotel. And several supermarkets. So a nice place to stay. Besides, when we came in the room, there was a complimentary food and snack basket, which is a huge surprise and a plus. We didn't see it the last time we stayed here.

The staff st the front desk was very helpful the room was...
    • King Bedroom

Stayed there twice the first time the bathtub was clogged and the drain was running slowly

The staff st the front desk was very helpful the room was clean

Nice Place with All kinds of Chinese Restaurants Around
    • King Bedroom

The location is wonderful. The hotel is located in a Chinatown-like area where there are tons of Chinese restaurants around. And there is a big Asian supermarket within walk distance. The staff is friendly and helpful. The room is clean and fully facilitated with free bottle water, coffee and tea. The bed is comfortable and big enough.

A great place to stay
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

The hotel is very popular so there were a lot of events going on.

The hotel was clean, the staff were accommodating. The pool and gym were very nice. The manager, Carl was extremely kind and made us feel very welcome.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

best location for chinese food, massage, etc
    • Superior King Room

We checked in around 3:30pm. A noticeable unpleasant smell in the bathroom area.

I like the pillows and the mattress. They're some kind of down and feather blend.

Overall it was okay.
    • Superior King Room

Not too many choices for food. 15% gratuity for all meals I had even though I was alone, and asking for a tip on top of the gratuity. The gratuity was for both room service and for eating in the restaurant.

Food was cooked and seasoned well. Room was clean. Bed was comfy. I slept well.

Very nice place to stay
    • King Bedroom

Shower a bit weak. Became too hot in the attempt to increase flow.

Friendly staff particularly housekeeping always greet you with a smile. Great location next to a variety of restaurants. Easy to get taxi thanks to help of hotel staff.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

Rose Parade visitor
    • Superior Queen Room

Could have used a microwave in the rooms for left over pizza.

Bedding and covers are very comfortable. The breakfast buffet was great, a bit pricey. Front desk personnel most helpful and house keeping also made our stay most comfortable.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

Great facility awesome staff it was like they couldn't do enough for their guests

Nothing negative to say

The staff was great we were greeted with champagne for the new year and a Continental breakfast when we had to leave early for the parade. It was like the thought of everything to make our stay enjoyable would recommend it to anyone

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Had to cut my trip short and only stayed 1 night.
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Roll in Shower

Had to cut my trip short and only stayed 1 night. Had to leave at 6:30pm and hotel management wouldn't even consider a partial refund for the 2nd night.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Terrible manager Adolfo
    • Superior King Room

Shame on Hilton to hire Adolfo as manager, scary person, customer better stay away from this hotel

The manger Adolfo is really awful person, he called police to threaten us to have us to leave the hotel, such awful experience, thinking to sue the hotel.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

100% satisfied.
    • Superior Queen Room

Some of the elderly service people in the restaurant are not as friendly as the younger ones.

Staff friendly and helpful. Food very good and reasonably priced.rooms are large and clean and bright.Amenities are very good. Location very good.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

i was in the area to attend horse races at Santa Anita. great location for my needs
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Roll in Shower

the breakfast buffet items were cold. That said - made to order omelettes were very good

very friendly staff - a great selection of free newspapers at front desk. This hotel is in the heart of Chinatown. dozens of great eating places within 5 minutes walk

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

Too expansive and not in line with what we should find in an Hilton hotel.
    • King Bedroom

The breakfast was not included. The cost was huge. I asked for a room not too far from lift because my wife sprained her ankle. And we had, I think the room the farthest from the lift!

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

Great hotel close to everything, clean and comfortable!
    • Queen Bedroom

It would have been nice if breakfast was included.

Location is great to downtown LA and other local attractions. Staff was friendly and hotel very clean.

Top to bottom a great stay.
    • King Bedroom

Super staff. We arrived 3 hrs. early and planned to walk around San Gabriel and get lunch before check-in. Not knowing the area (security wise) I asked at the front desk if we could go ahead and use the underground parking. A staff member greeted me, checked the register, found there was a room available, took me to see it in the event I wanted to check in early. I didn't ask to be checked-in early, they just did it. The whole time there we had the feeling that the hotel staff wanted to make us comfortable. And the hotel is beautiful, too.

Great hotel in Little Taipei
    • Queen Bedroom

Located rite next to the most famous Chinese mall with lots of Chinese restaurants, supermarket and even book store. Super location for Chinese visitors. Super friendly staff, nice and clean facilities.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

rude staff, below standard service
    • King Bedroom

The staff who helped us check-in was rude, no smile, didn't even want to look at us. The first night I went back to the room at the end of the day, I was shocked to realize that they didn't clean the room.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

Best choice for Chinese family tourists
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

It would be great if there was bath tub.

Perfect loctaion, which is very convenient to enjoy Chinese cuisine, especially for family with children and parents.

The location is soooo great!
    • Superior King Room

The location is soooo great! There are many good restaurants nearby.

Bad customer service.

Friendliness of staff.

Size of the room

location is good

location is good

bed, staff , snacks

bed, staff , snacks

musty smell in the room, changed the room but still so bad...
    • King Bedroom

musty smell in the room, changed the room but still so bad musty smell...

I enjoy to stay in this hotel
    • King Bedroom

The mattress is a little too soft for me.

The room is nice and clean.

Very good place

The parking

The layout and look of the buildings

The staff was amazing always smiling and asking if we need...
    • King Bedroom

I just wish the breakfast was included in the price.

The staff was amazing always smiling and asking if we need anything.

Great hotel, loved everything about it and I’m very picky with hotels. Will be staying here again.
    • King Bedroom

Very clean hotel with helpful and friendly staff who made the stay even better.

The bed is comfy, and room is big, and ocation is better.
    • King Bedroom

The bed is comfy, and room is big, and ocation is better.

Nice location.
    • King Bedroom

Nice location. Great staff!

Clean

Clean

Nice stop on my way to Palm Desert
    • King Bedroom

Convenient, clean and quiet. Great staff.

No free WiFi only member

No free WiFi only member

Location surrounded by many restaurants with Asia cousine.
    • King Bedroom

The bar could open earlier than 5 pm.

Location surrounded by many restaurants with Asia cousine.

it is not a pleasant experience
    • King Bedroom

Degusting when i saw the dirty things in toilet in morning . They need to fix toilet . without toothpaste .

location very good. lobby is beautiful.

The staffs are very friendly and the services are excellent.
    • Queen Bedroom

The room has a city view and the hotel’s location is very convenient for our trip.

The bed is very comfortable and we slept very well.

Excellent.
    • King Bedroom

Clean rooms. Helpful and friendly staffs. Good location.

Wonderful night of sleep

The staff was amazing

Room air conditioning dripping most of the time.
    • King Bedroom

Reception attitudes are bad Not properly trained.

Convenient
    • King Bedroom

Convenient location with plenty of restaurants, supermarket nearby

Everything was great I love the stay there.

I couldn’t stay longer

Everything was great I love the stay there..

great
    • Queen Bedroom

the front desk is very nice and the location is terrific with lots of restaurant

The water pressure in the bathroom was quite low.
    • King Bedroom

The water pressure in the bathroom was quite low.

I would definitely return :)
    • King Bedroom

It was an overall wonderful experience very clean and comfortable

We didn't get our meals cause we reserved it from...
    • Queen Bedroom

We didn't get our meals cause we reserved it from booking.com😬

Wonderful
    • King Bedroom

Lots of restaurants and shops around

Comfortable and clean hotel
    • Queen Bedroom

I forgot my good pillow on the bed.

The room and bathroom were very spacious and clean. The staff is very nice and attentive.

Nice hotel for a good price
    • Queen Bedroom

It was in a very congested area of Asia town

The.hotel was nice

Great weekend at the Hilton
    • Superior King Room

I didn't like that we had to pay for parking.

It was a very nice room. Nice parking. Pool was great.

Nice Weekend Stay!!
    • Queen Bedroom

My family and I had a very nice stay over weekend here and would definitely stay here again in the future.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Close to Chinese restaurant
    • King Bedroom

Price is too expensive now

Close to Chinese restaurant

Good hotel

Overall very good

satisfied with the booking and the hotel overall; the location is excellent with good eats and shops
    • Superior King Room

the lighting in the room could be brighter

room was spacious with good size bathroom

five star
    • Queen Bedroom

good location, nice staffs.

Location is good in Valley Blvd

Rate is too high for the standard

Location is good in Valley Blvd

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Won't stay here again
    • Queen Bedroom

Carpet in the room was dirty. Had to wear socks it was so bad. The bottom of my sockd were black when i took them off.

Towels were big

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

I really enjoyed my stay here.
    • King Bedroom

I really enjoyed my stay here. The staff was very friendly, courteous, and accommodating.

Fantastic stay

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

Everything good

Everything good

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Excellent location and smoking allowed room!
    • Superior King Room

Smoking allowed rooms on second floor

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Perfect
    • Queen Bedroom

location convenient to everywhere we needed