Reviews of Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort and Spa 4 stars

560 South Collier Boulevard, Marco Island, FL 34145, USA

#6 of 8 hotels in Marco Island

Relaxing
    • Junior Suite with Two Queen Beds and Gulf View

You had to pay for parking.

There were restaurants and shopping right across the street. It was not crowded. The resort and beach we're beautiful. It was a very relaxing trip.

Loved it - would go back again in a minute!
    • Junior King Suite with Gulf View

Definitely want to stay on the side of the building facing the pool as there is a construction project next door on the opposite side

Exceptionally clean - great bed/bedding and bath accessories

I reserved for 2 nights ,the first night was ok but the...
    • Junior Suite with Two Queen Beds and Gulf View

I reserved for 2 nights ,the first night was ok but the second on Friday 9 we have to evacuated the Hotel because was a fire . I think I should be charge nothing because it cause problem,I was with my Mother a 77 year old woman for my birthday and it was very inconvenius move to other Hotel . Besides I reserved for 532.00 and you charge me $610.00 I will like to know why? I will like my credit back to my American Express. Thanks

Done with this place.
    • Junior Suite with Two Queen Beds and Gulf View

There was a fire and we were displaced. I was not at all happy about the communication and disregard for the inconvenience of changing hotels.

The atmosphere was decent.

The location was great and the hotel was beautiful
    • Junior King Suite with Gulf View

I didn't like that a wasn't anything to entertain the kids , no kids club or movie or anything just the pool

The location was great and the hotel was beautiful

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

construction night mear
    • Junior King Suite with Gulf View

Did not like the small area of gulf you could see. And the noisy from construction that was going on could not get any rest during the day only at night I was there to relax and get away from the noise. They even worked on sunday. No sleeping in. We would have stayed two more days but I really wanted quite and relaxation. Did get to walk the beach. It was great. When we first got there at 130. We gad to wait on room it was ready at 4 it figures I even requested early check in when I booked. But that didn't happen. So in over all I could not say I would come back. I wanted view of gulf full view and no construction this just blows my mind why you can not inform guest that construction is going on from your room. Felt uncomfortable to even go out on balcony with all the workers felt like they ere staring at u.

Loved the room and staff not the view

Good but not great
    • Junior King Suite with Deluxe Gulf View

Big disappointment when we arrived at the beach and had to pay $25 (per day) for one umbrella and we got kicked out from under the umbrella and the chairs at 6PM...come on! the sun sets close to 8PM. When you have a baby you don't have a set schedule, you have to play it by ear. It was around 5:40pm when they told us we had to start picking up because they closed by 6. Our baby had fallen asleep on the beach chair and yes we had to wake her up. Usually, this is what the $25 resort fee is for among other things. I had no cell service in the room we were staying and we were never able to get Wi-Fi, I called front desk and the lady who answered gave me instructions I could barely understand. After 2 days I called front desk once again, I explained the issue and this time I was told they needed to send someone up to the room to get the Wi-Fi setup on my phone; I waited for an hour and nobody ever showed up. Never got in the pool, it is small and given how crowded the hotel was, not recommended.

The room we stayed in (5th floor) was huge, BIG plus in my book; the view from the balcony was excellent, pool and beach view. Big plus to the salon sized hair dryer, great for us ladies who have long hair; I didn't have to spend an hour blow drying with a mini dryer you usually find at hotel rooms. One more plus, the slippers; fluffy and comfy after a day of walking on shells and hot sand. The hotel is right across the street from the restaurants, which are great! We didn't try the hotel restaurant, only for breakfast buffet, which I must say was very good (great just made omelettes) I wish they would've had just made pancakes like they did waffles. I wish I could remember the valet/parking manager that was on duty Sunday night (May 28,17); he went out of his way to heat up our baby's bottle of milk because we couldn't find a microwave to do so. I must say "thank you" once again.

Too expensive for what it offers
    • Junior Suite with Two Queen Beds and Garden View

I didn't like that my comforter was broken and the feathers were coming out Mattress was very uncomfortable The rug in room didn't smell great They've remodeled the lobby area but have forgotten the rooms I went to make coffee the first day and the sugars and the cream was bad Sugar was hard like a rock the creams were Little chunks of milk on my coffee One morning we had no ice on any of the floors I've stayed here twice before and haven't had these issues Not to mention the prices for food at the hotel Wow a bag of chips $2 Yougurt $7 This was ridiculous. Instead of staying in the hotel and having lunch or dinner there, we would have to drive and go to nearby areas to eat. There also used to be a game room for kids and a tennis court both are gone Nothing to do for kids they are going to be very bored

I like the beach it's quite and clean

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Changes at Marco Island Hilton are Terrible!
    • One-Bedroom King Suite with Gulf View

All the changes on property including old bar area , no dinner room service, prices are way out of line and being charged for resort fees that we didn't need or use . Warmth of this Hilton is greatly missed , we started going there over 20 years ago but will now move on !

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Loved this place!!! Coming back for sure
    • Junior King Suite with Gulf View

You have to pay attention to the extra fees - for parking, for internet, hotel fees and so on! But it did not ruin the experience!

We Loved everything about this hotel, the rooms, the pool, the beach and the service!

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Pray you get a renovated room!
    • Junior King Suite with Gulf View

The room was so bad and stank the hotel gave us a another below average room because we went through booking.com We lost our King suite. We have the pictures to show our stay. After a hard battle with cancer our dream vacation was ruined the first day. Had anyone looked at the rooms for this Hilton they were using for guest we are very disappointed in booking.com. As Hilton honors members we were in shocked and we have stayed several locations over the years. Two colata drinks were $27.00. Pictures are of the only room we could get and was below average and not a King Suite!

The Hotel common areas were fabulously renovated beautiful pool area outside fire pits and grand deck restaurant all glass view. SPA was very nice! Hilton gave us a $100.00 resturant credit for the poor room. And a $10.00 bottle of champaign.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

We had a lovely stay and enjoyed the pool and the hotel
    • Junior King Suite with Gulf View

WMe soent one night at the hotel as we had been staying in a rental further north and wanted to get a feel for Marco which was very. Ice. We had a complimentary cab to Cj's on the. At which had been recommended by a friend. We enjoyed our stay

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

• Junior Suite with Two Queen Beds and Deluxe Gulf View

Our reservation wasn't there when we got there and the room we got compared to what I thought I was booking didn't add up. We felt cheated. The room itself was clean but musty and needs updating.

Location, proximity to the beach was wonderful. Staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Overrated Hotel
    • Junior King Suite with Garden View

Room and corridor smell, like a dampness smell, bathroom size was just a joke compaired to the room size. The beds were completely jammed together at the pool, not a relaxing place to sit as you have no personal space. Price did not meet the hotel standards advertised and was way too expensive, Hilton has overrated themselfs on this hotel.

The staff and bar area were good also the singer were good, beach area was good as well.

the housekeeping staff were very courteous and friendly as...
    • Junior Suite with Two Queen Beds and Gulf View

the reception when we first came in by the check in staff members. They told us that we could not be next to our family as the hotel was full even though we requested this when we booked our rooms together for the ease of child care. Then when we were put on different floor and trying to get all of our belongings together and settled we had to wait to see if our room was ready for about 20 minutes. There was no apology or reason why we had to wait since it was a 630 pm check in. That was the only part of the visit that was less than welcoming.

the housekeeping staff were very courteous and friendly as were the poolside and restaurant workers

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

great for kids AND parents

We expected better food.

Very relaxing atmosphere. While there were lots of families, it was not chaotic with children running around. Beach was incredible.

The location!
    • Junior Suite with Two Queen Beds and Gulf View

Even though it was recently renovated the entrance looked to minimalistic and felt cold. The tub had stains and the rug was stripped in the corner.

The location!

Great place but watch the incidental fees!
    • Junior King Suite with Garden View - Disability Access

The extra fees: $25 resort fee and $15 parking added 40 to our daily rate. Paying for a beach umbrella on top of that was ridiculous. Construction next door could have been an issue but luckily we were able to change our room.

Staff was exceptionally friendly

Probably not worth the $$$$$?
    • Junior King Suite with Gulf View

All the "gulf view" rooms on the south side face a noisy construction site--not worth the $$$$ you pay to stay there. The north facing rooms on pool side had great views. Quite overpriced-a cup of coffee from cafe was $4.50. Very noisy pool with tons of kids.

New updated look. Very nice beach. Several great restaurants directly across the street. Nicely supplied rooms, comfortable beds.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

Aggravating !!!!
    • Junior King Suite with Gulf View

The hotel nickles and dimes you ... All the hidden charges ... Broken hot tub .. Increase in parking charges ... There was a 25 dollar fee for an umbrella to sit under at the beach

great hotel
    • Junior Suite with Two Queen Beds and Deluxe Gulf View

Can't rate the restaurants as we did not dine there.

Location to beach and friendly staff. The staff at the pool even gave my 3 year old grandson toys for the beach!

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Relaxing
    • Junior King Suite with Gulf View

I didnt like that there was only 1 restaurant and that the hot tub was not working

I enjoyed the beach chairs put out for us everyday. .and delicious free fruit cups every morning

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

Overrated!....pricey
    • Junior Suite with Two Queen Beds and Deluxe Gulf View

See above comment re: BR Also the restaurant was highly overpriced..only 5-menu choices, small servings ..very blaugh. Would not eat there again! The poolside service was great. Restaurant service..very poor and unfriendly

The poolside/gulf view. We did not ask for a handicap room but this is what we got. The bathroom was the only issue. How can the flood of water be safe when showering. The entire BR had 2" of water wall to wall. We used every towel to soak it up. But it was useless. An elderly person could slip and break their neck or worse!.Also poor design--no vanity space or amenities. The hook on the outside wall of shower was hanging loose.. Poorly installed for recent ongoing remodel!

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Great service but several unexpected costs
    • Junior King Suite with Gulf View

Parking and "resort fee" were both huge surprises (& disappointment) when checking in. If staying at the resort, why wouldn't each room be allowed parking for even just 1 vehicle?? This is how most hotels/condos do it at beaches we stay at elsewhere. The resort fee makes no sense to me either. We booked a vacation there; the realization that there is a daily fee just to use a beach towel and chair is insane to me. Shouldn't the need for a towel and chair be presumed, since a guest made a resort reservation?? Again, huge surprise to learn this at check in. Lastly, room service?? We were, again, disappointed with the room service. The Ukrainian gal who delivered the food was very sweet, but we couldn't help but laugh to discover that the food wa delivered in a brown bag....with plastic utensils... and no condiments. Furthermore, the salad we were "served" was nothing more than a pre-prepared, pre-packaged salad that was grabbed from the "to go" counter at the downstairs deli. The room service I'm familiar with has always included a cart w/ salt, pepper, ketchup, silverware, water, etc. and is made to order. Although we loved the property and the people, we will most likely be exploring other options for a future visit.

Wonderful staff all around. Our housekeeper was super! Great gift shoppe w/ fun "beach" merchandise. I kept going back for more jewelry gifts for family members. Loved the convenient beach "Gulf Cart."

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

Excellent Marco Location
    • Junior King Suite with Garden View

Our room was on 2nd floor at the front of the hotel, View of the water from balcony was not the best. Would consider paying more to have a room closer to the beach side.

Hotel was very good, Staff were excellent. Access to the beach could not be better. Walking to other restaurants was easy from this hotel. A nice central location for other activities.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

The hotel was very nice and the staff were really helpful.
    • Junior King Suite with Gulf View

It was expensive and everything there cost a lot.

The hotel was very nice and the staff were really helpful. It was a huge room and a comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

Awesome! Friendly!

Drinks too expensive.

Staff was so friendly. My daughter and I both got sick and they were very accommodating to our family. Also very helpful with planning outings. Great with our kids, too!

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

When we arrived until we left four days later there were...
    • Junior King Suite with Deluxe Gulf View

When we arrived until we left four days later there were small black flies. They were outside all the time. You had to eat and drink inside. When you lay on the beach they were awful. It totally effected our view of Marco Island. We had a balcony in our room overlooking the pool and the flies were so bad we couldn't go out there!

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

Excellent renovations, great beach resort. Lose the parking fee!
    • Junior Suite with Two Queen Beds and Gulf View

First and foremost, the charge for the self-parking was very annoying - you need to have a car at this resort if you want to explore the island and nearby Naples. And there was no discount for HHonors members because the parking was operated by a separate company - also unacceptable. This added another $100 to our stay. The problem that the area was having with the little black flies was, of course, off-putting. It actually caused us to not want to spend a lot of time around the pool or beach, and the bug spray recommendations did not work. The first room we had smelled musty and a little like cigarettes, but the staff was very helpful in allowing us to change rooms. The spa prices were very expensive. Suggestions: Water coolers available in the lobby area and around the pool would be nice, rather than having to buy water in the to-go market or order from the waiter.

The renovations are fantastic. The new lobby, pool area and restaurant area is beautiful. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The gym is a perfect size and very functional. The firepit areas were excellent spots for relaxing and/or social interaction. All rooms facing the gulf is a great touch.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

Resort back up to Hilton Standards
    • Junior King Suite with Gulf View

Internet connection sometimes weak. Air conditioning/Heating thermostat needs to be better calibrated.

Excellent location for viewing sunset. All services, and comforts up to Hilton Standards. Very accommodating staff.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Very disappointed for a Hilton property
    • Junior King Suite with Garden View - Disability Access

Horrid condition room swelled of mold and mildew. The hotel was under major construction. It was very dangerous to move around Now when I see a Hilton hotel I get upset

The beach
    • Junior King Suite with Gulf View

Menu selection was very limited..Food prep for children's menu was poor.The menu selections on evening menu was not appealing to my children (12yrs)and they love to eat.Room service menu was very restricted and not appealing to my children.We got meals delivered from nearby restaurants a few times.We liked the Marriott up the beach much better.Also ate a few meals there

The beach

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

Remodeled and oppulent...work still going on
    • Junior King Suite with Deluxe Gulf View

Food service was new..just getting organized. Crowded beach on holidays. Tried to overcharge on room.

Opulent remodeling going on, posh rooms with balcony and 2 chairs. Best beachfront location accross street from many resteraunts

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

Beachfront paradise
    • Junior King Suite with Deluxe Gulf View

The restaurant was too expensive. We had to go out of the resort to eat which probably was a better idea anyway.

The beachfront location and the pool and hot tub made for a wonderful place to watch the sunset every night.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

Relaxing vacation in paradise
    • Junior Suite with Two Queen Beds and Deluxe Gulf View

Lot of renovations going on while there 2 of the 3 elevators out of order but all in all a wonderful stay

Rooms huge clean and comfy great views from balcony beautiful pool area, staff very friendly

It was shut due to fire/flood

It was shut due to fire/flood

• Junior Suite with Two Queen Beds and Deluxe Gulf View

smell of the hallway and room.

Great place
    • Junior King Suite with Deluxe Gulf View

Not enough umbrellas. Not allowed to have an early dinner on the deck of the restaurant in our bathing suits.

Pool and beach

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

The hotel and beach were beautiful!
    • Junior King Suite with Deluxe Gulf View

The hotel and beach were beautiful!

No Hilton Standard
    • Junior King Suite with Deluxe Gulf View

No Hilton Standard. Expensive. Unfrendly Check in.

5.5
    Paying for chairs on beach,towels.
    • Junior King Suite with Deluxe Gulf View

Paying for chairs on beach,towels. Bad business!

Pool area is less attractive than it was the 20 years before...
    • Junior Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds and Garden View - Disability Access/Bath Tub

Pool area is less attractive than it was the 20 years before the remodeling in 2016. Too many pool chairs, not enough seating for pool bar.

Amazing
    • Premium Junior King Suite with Gulf View

The Wifi was not free......

The room was very clean, service was great, food was mazing..... ***** 5 start

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

The hotel, beach, and friendly staff.
    • Junior Suite with Two Queen Beds and Garden View

Check-out mix-up, higher price charged than booked.

The hotel, beach, and friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Although expensive it has a good location and good facilities.
    • Junior Suite with Two Queen Beds and Gulf View

A little bit corporate and expensive.

Big hotel,great location and facilities. Good restaurants nearby.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

A good Place offering good Quality
    • Junior Suite with Two Queen Beds and Deluxe Gulf View

Restaurants across just stets the Street

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Right in the middle of Marco island with nearby shopping and...
    • Junior Suite with Two Queen Beds and Gulf View

The facility overcharged my bank account

Right in the middle of Marco island with nearby shopping and restaurants

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Check other hotels before you book there
    • Junior Suite with Two Queen Beds and Gulf View

Not clean, overpriced especially breakfast

Beach

Great location and great staff
    • Junior Suite with Two Queen Beds and Gulf View

Seemed liked they were short handed in the restaurant, wait time was unbearable

Staff was very accommodating, Tina was terrific at concierge desk

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Wondeful beach
    • Queen Junior Suite with Two Queen Beds and Pool View

Wondeful beach

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Didn't expect to find a roach and hair n the bathtub, especially for the rate of $953 for two nights
    • Junior Suite with Two Queen Beds and Gulf View

found roach and hair in bathtub

bed was comfy, gulf view was nice

The services at the pool bar, they are very extricted and...
    • Junior King Suite with Deluxe Gulf View

The services at the pool bar, they are very extricted and rude..! Did nit help me when i need them..!

Rooms require improvement durty carpet smell unfresh didt...
    • Junior Suite with Two Queen Beds and Gulf View

Rooms require improvement durty carpet smell unfresh didt like it at all not worthy of thw money

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

Very nice and comfortable

just one restaurant,

The staff, the room, the view of the room, the location.

Missing something

Expensive

Everything but is was missing that something special ?

Very relaxing and clean
    • Junior Suite with Two Queen Beds and Gulf View

Had to pay for umbrellas at the beach

Large room

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

Beautifully renovated and perfect location on beautiful Marco Island!
    • Junior Suite with Two Queen Beds and Gulf View

Beach , beach chairs provided Location walking distance to other restaurants and shopping

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

Great place!
    • Junior King Suite with Garden View - Disability Access

Expensive. No beach umbrella.

Great facility. Super location.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

I would like to see the menu have more "Comfort"...
    • Junior King Suite with Deluxe Gulf View

I would like to see the menu have more "Comfort" food

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

Hot tub broken for entire stay.
    • Junior King Suite with Deluxe Gulf View

Hot tub broken for entire stay.

Great location and views.
    • Junior King Suite with Gulf View

More menu items at restaurant. Bed was not comfortable at all.

Great view and staff.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

View

View

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

the bedding was old compared to the facility.
    • Junior King Suite with Garden View

the bedding was old compared to the facility.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Clean nice room and very nice staff.
    • Junior King Suite with Deluxe Gulf View

The Wifi was terrible and I actually paid extra for it. Great job with the remodel. Poor job with wifi.

Clean nice room and very nice staff.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

The staff made the trip an excellent experience, loved the...

They give you the chairs for the beach but the umbrella is $30

The staff made the trip an excellent experience, loved the view and the beach

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

Great hotel, restaurant not so great.

Food

Great hotel, restaurant not so great.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

Great golf view getaway
    • Junior King Suite with Deluxe Gulf View

Staff polite and informative and food was delicious - beautiful Golf views.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

• Junior Suite with Two Queen Beds and Gulf View

paid parking. we were just told where the handicap parking was not that there was a fee.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

Odor in room.
    • Junior Suite with Two Queen Beds and Gulf View

Odor in room. I reported to staff and the room still had the odor of sewer.

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

Excellent place.
    • Junior Suite with Two Queen Beds and Gulf View

Suzanne at concierge desk was excellent. All staff was very helpful and courteous.

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

Loved the ocean view
    • Junior Suite with Two Queen Beds and Gulf View

Too expensive, need more reasonably price options

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

Hotel could be great but not ready to meet expectations

Room cleaning was exceptionally poor

Location and staff was very friendly

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Location is nice
    • Junior King Suite with Gulf View

Too much noise for near construction, and Room services is terrible and super expensive

Location is nice