Reviews of Hilton Memphis 3 stars

939 Ridge Lake Boulevard, Memphis, TN 38120, USA

#35 of 88 hotels in Memphis

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Executive Floor

That staying on the Executive Floor the Executive Lounge was closed!also we was given a breakfast voucher or some type of reward

Overall the Hotel was 5star to me.I loved my view from 26th floor.I loved my entire stay...Really I did

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Executive Floor

The rooms were small one of the rooms I rented, I rented3, but 1401 is in a corner and it’s tight and difficult to open the door and pull your luggage in ,especially for seniors and I put my mom and aunt there because it was the only room ready when I arrived . The night front desk manager not friendly at all . My mom accidentally ordered a movie I went to the front desk and she never once acknowledged me ,she kept her head down as I approached the desk and I had to say excuse me? quite rude. Im in customer service and I would never or I’d be looking for another job. The elevators slow and in need or repair. The areas in front of the elevators need updating as well as the rooms. No place to sit . Who sits on the beds 🤔?

Great location......we were near Univ of Memphis....great restaurants etc.....Older property that has been renovated nicely.....nice to have Starbucks on property with friendly employees!

The staff at the check (Precious was the name) was rude. When I called front desk for help she put me on hold. Parking was horrible due to a booked fundraiser. When I asked Precious about the parking, she lied and said the hotel was booked to capacity. Two other employees told me about the fundraiser. All room quests were forced to walk a long distance to check in. I did not like the bar area and massive lobby. People were eating fast food take out at all the couch/table areas. It is in a huge space with kids running about. I waited for three employees to finish petting a dog before I could check out. Felt the staff was extremely unprofessional. I thought Hilton Hotels were better than this.

The bed and desk part of room was nice. The bath and vanity area was dark and outdated.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

that i requested for more towels and never got them when i returned back to hotel at 2am i asked again and finally got them

the outdoor pool and jazcuzzi

I didn’t like the fact that there were no refrigerators in the rooms. We had drinks and food left out over night bc of that. Also no microwaves in there too

I loved the welcoming staff along with the overall experience. The hotel was awesome along with the breakfast and the lake was very relaxing

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Executive Floor

That we didnt have a refrigerator. There wasnt enough handicap parking. That was really sad. The bar should have more to choose besides chicken for an appetizer.

Me and my mother enjoyed the breakfast. The staff greeted us with so much kindness. Overall the staff was very professional.

It was extremely noisy. You could hear everything. Doors slamming, people laughing and talking all night. Something kept slamming the window and waking me up every hour. Then they charged me double! Never again will I come back... much less it was too scary to walk anywhere for fresh air.

I liked the bed. It was comfortable

The service/room I asked house keeping 3 times to clean the room NEVER happened and call the front desk as well same results until 30 minutes to check out I was giving towels. The door would not close until you pick up on it hard getting in and out.

Unsatisfactory

We enjoyed our stay very much! Loved the breakfast! You get a good amount for the money you pay, so you feel like your money is worth it. Great view, enjoyed the fact that we did not have to leave for anything!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was small, poorly configured and in poor repair. The toilet leaked from the base and handle. We told staff and they said the room was scheduled for remodeling. We asked for a high floor, this room was ground level, two floors below the lobby. Other problems as well.

The coffee shop was nice.

For the price of the room it I was disappointed that it did not have a refrigerator or a microwave and there was a line at check-in. Multiple stations were there, but there was only one person there to check everyone in and there were a ton of people waiting along with me.

I thought that the service at the Starbucks was awesome.

• King Room - Executive Floor

I really liked how they brought my wife breakfast to the room and set it up for her and our morning view was just what she wanted. Extra towels were brought up very fast and the lady was very friendly. Valet was amazing.

I had to leave early the bed was hella comfy

The Vista of views😂😂😂... The little yellow bar tender was cool asf.. The ladies at the fRont desk were funny... Nobody bothered me... But I ran into that glass in the spinning door several times... They really should put colored arrows...(blue green yellow) on it where the white ones... Before somebody gets hurt ....Cause the glass too clean I honestly felt like a Windex bird by the time I left😂😂😂😂.. Dope luh spot tho 👍💛

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

The room was small, the elevator was slow, always crowded, they had 4 elevators but only two seem to work, it was scary noisy and shaky, the rooms and the elevator was extremely dated and the girls were also dated and hard...This hotel is in desperate need of an upgrade. I'm so happy the city of Memphis had great food, it was clean and friendly overall otherwise I would say why go there after my stay at the Hilton Memphis.

The convenience of having access to the Starbucks located in the hotel

The bed was very uncomfortable. Only two out of four elevators were working, and since there was a convention going on, it took about 15 minutes wait for the elevators. The room was on the 10th floor, and we had to take the stairs most of the time.

The staff was very friendly and helpful

• King Room - Executive Floor

I am allergic to Down and informed the Hotel prior to arrival, however room still had all Down Pillows & comforter. Children running and slamming doors on our floor into the night. Drunk patrons on the floor at 3:42 AM, and apparently no security. I proposed to my fiancé thios weekend, but the hotel experience was restless and disappointing.

I don’t like the fact that there isn’t free WiFi! I pay all of that money to stay there and the WiFi isn’t free??? I think that’s ridiculous!

The bed is always very comfy! It feels like sleeping on clouds!

Room was extremely dirty. Razor was left in the shower with hair in the back of the shower. Moved us to another room. The other room had a bad room order.

• King Room - Executive Floor

The hotel is nice, it just really needs to be updated. Also it seemed as if the Hotel was understaffed. We called for towels and we had to call twice after the initial call. We left the room later in the afternoon and was gone all day, room service didn't come back by. They came around 10A when we were getting ready, but never returned. I went down to the coffee shop to get a couple of cups since room service didn't come by to refresh our coffee station and the two ladies acted as if they performed inventory on cups. They only gave me one. So my fiance` and I had to share a cup of coffee. Kinda romantic, but still... come on. Lastly you had to pay for internet. Now it can't be overstated that these are first world problems, so at least we had running clean water and a place to sleep. But this is a good hotel, just need some tweaks and it will be great.

The concept of the Hotel was great. This cylindrical building looks great on the outside. Also it is centrally located to a lot of shopping and restaurants.

There are no refrigerators or a microwave in the rooms. I had to ask for one, it barely worked. I Was staying several days. Thought a refrigerator was standard in the rooms, especially for the rate. Security needs to be beefed up. They do not round outside routinely. Your vehicles and property is apt to be broken into. They are aware of thief problem but security still needs to be improved.

The hotel was accommodating to my extra request needs and also accommodating after a property incident.

The bathroom was very small, which was okay, since the sink area is outside of the bathroom. However, what wasn't okay, was the visible hair sitting next to the clean folded towel on the bathtub. I was told rooms were not ready yet, because they were being inspected. So it was disappointing that the inspectors don't look inside the bathroom and check for cleanliness and hair.

The room was well appointed and the view was wonderful.

The heat was out in lobby & resturant. The pay per view movies server was out. It was cold outside so we just wanted to watch movies & stay in. Stayed there many times for romantic nights so therefore very very disappointed.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The property is clearly aging -- seats in lobby are worn out. The hotel is a round tower, so rooms are not rectangular and the bathrooms are tiny. Otherwise facility was good.

At first they did not acknowledge the Bookings.com rate & charged us $10 over the rate. They said we would have to contact bookings.com to correct the situation. I spoke to a manager & they corrected the overcharge.

I so enjoyed my time there I just hate I had to leave! The elevator ride was fun and the rooms and big huge comfy bed was a plus in my book. I love the offic desk because it allowed me to get plenty of work done!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

This location charges a $50 non-refundable pet deposit that is not listed anywhere on Booking.com. Because of this experience, I will not use Booking.com again. Additionally, the rooms on the 1st and 2nd floor are not sound-proofed AT ALL - I could hear every single word (and every other noise) from the guests in the room above me. NOT ideal when staying overnight with pets.

I had a terrible experience at this property. But the desk manager, Jimmie, was phenomenal. He went out of his way to be helpful and compensate for the incompetence of his colleagues.

The room. Deluxe king was very basic and extremely outdated and not worth the money at al!! The walls are paper thin as well. Extremely disappointed in my stay and would never stay again or recommend

Not much at all

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff was very friendly and fast. During my stay there was a wedding being held and although the hotel was full of people the staff stayed calm and made sure everyone was taken care of. The bar stayed open until 11pm so that was good for my friends and I. Everything was amazing

• King Room - Executive Floor

re-booking our room for an extra day. Very complicated.

great breakfast! Clean room. Very friendly staff. Parking was a breeze.Very convenient location.

• King Room - Executive Floor

The breakfast buffet is good, but over priced, if you have to purchase it separately. We got it bundled to the room.

This is our second stay at Hilton Memphis, we like the cleanliness the room and comfortable bed. Staff are very nice and helpful. We booked the room at executive floor, got the free snack / dessert at one night, but did it use executive lounge because it was closed at the Labor Day weekend.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bathroom needs updating, especially the toilet. The tub was clogged but the maintenance did fix with no problems after that.

Room service was great

• King Room - Executive Floor

This hotel really needs to be updated. The elevators are rickety and made scary sounds. The shower barely had a trickle, the pressure was that bad. The carpet and walls need to be redone as well as the air unit. We were burning up at night. I could tell at one time this was the best hotel to stay at. I think a few updates will put it back where it needs to be.

I loved the floor to ceiling windows, it was a beautiful view. The bedding and the bed itself was very comfortable and relaxing. The staff were adherent and wonderful. I loved the Starbucks!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Executive Floor

Location is good as it is not too far from the airport and it was close to places to get food. Breakfast was really good and the staff was friendly. The property does look aged, but all in good conditions.

I loved everything. No complaints here.

Everything! The hotel was absolutely beautiful with more accommodations than expected. The room was stunning, room service was fast and friendly and the bed...TO DIE FOR!

The commode was a little low for me, based on my height.

The bed was comfortable. The room I was assigned was next to the was next to the laundry room/ storage room and they were talking loud that morning, and I could hear what they was saying. I also heard them that night talking as well.

The room and the bath tub were small. We were told only if we upgraded to a suite would we get a bigger bath. On Sunday the cleaning staff forgot to clean our room and bring fresh towels.

It was a nice hotel and location is centrally located to get around the city.The breakfast buffet was okay.It was typical as at most 3 to 4 star hotel.

• King Room - Executive Floor

The room was great very clean and comfortable the staff was always helpful and nice. We had two small dogs and they are very accommodating and definite animal lovers. Only 20 minutes from downtown worth the drive.

Breakfast cost was expensive in comparison to quality of food. Waffles should be served fresh and hot and not just left in a warming pan to get stale and soggy. The breakfast served in Jackson, MS at the Hilton is the best breakfast bar I've had so far.

Bed was comfortable with soft pillows.

The hotel is over priced. The hotel staff barely acknowledged us as we departed & arrived each day. My husband & I seek quality during our hotel stays & needless to say this hotel is only average.

No fridge in room, group event with 11 rooms and one had a room the, noisy convention during my stay

Dining options, gathering rooms for event, staff, proximity to activities

Love the design and layout, love spacious lobby!!! Difficult at night to see how to get to the front to check in, ,lighted signs would be helpful. Halls had a musty, damp, stale odor. Use of room deodorizing may do the job. Frangrance AlWAYS when people over. Had a great time in Memphis. Food was good.

The staff at the hotel café seemed distracted by each other when I was ordering. They were talking to each other about life and I don't think my sandwhich was what I ordered. The parking is also confusing.

I really liked the outdoor patio with the duck pond. It was a great lunch spot. The view from the room was also a major plus.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I did have a problem with the the bathroom being dirty - specifically dirt and hair on the toilet. I called to report as soon as I arrived - I was told that someone would come and clean bathroom. I left for dinner and when I returned at 11:00pm the bathroom was still dirty. I was offered to have someone come and clean it but did not want anyone in my room at 11pm cleaning. As a result I did not use the bathroom in the room. I did take pictures and spoke with staff upon checking out. They were very understanding and compensated my room cost. The Manager was not available at the time of check out but person helping me was very nice and did have me send the pictures to her phone so she could f/u with the manager regarding housekeeping saying they had come and cleaned the room. I felt that my concerns were taken seriously by staff.

The hotel was nice. Flowers made outside very inviting, short drive to downtown Memphis and shuttle service available to us. I got prompt friendly room service and food was still hot when it arrived. I loved that we could actually open the windows and get fresh air!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Checked in, the front desk gentleman asked my name took my money handed my credit card back did not tell me my room number, where the elevators were, have a nice stay, nothing.... We got to the room, there were raisins in the floor.

Starbucks on site

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Executive Floor

It would have been nice to have a refrigerator in the room and queen beds instead of full-recommendations

I loved the friendliness of the staff, breakfast was superb, pool was tranquil and relaxing, lobby/resort inviting and in-style, elevator was efficient even though on 24th floor, appetizers delicious, and unbeatable price for accommodations. Wonderful stay!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

That I couldn't swim in that very blue and very tempting 'lake' surrounding the hotel. The actual pool was swamped with screaming kids.

The lady at the bar, I forget her name unfortunately, was great. She was chatty, shared travel info and was a great hostess.

Charged me $50 more than booking.com quote which supposedly is going to be credited on my credit card even though I paid cash.

Cool, comfortable rooms.

Looks nice as you enter the hotel,but the rooms are small and over priced. Booked a room on the 19th floor and really didn't enjoy having to get back on the elevator to go down to the 5th for a microwave. After paying almost $400.for 2 nights of stay $381.00 to be exact. Its not worth the bill. I've had better accommodations at a $69.00 a night place. And on top of that you gotta pay $15.95 for breakfast. Honestly feel i got ripped off. I'll make sure i go back to the La Quintana where i have been booking my rooms in the future.Much better!

The bed & pillows were a little uncomfrontable. We could hear the people cutting up at the pool at night

The buffet was good but for the money they could have had a little more choice. The room was very nice & the staff was very professional

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Executive Floor

I had no problem of note.

The staff was professional and friendly. The bed was very comfortable. This was a way-point on my trip to the Women's College World Series in Oklahoma City, OK, so I had little chance to use or evaluate many of the hotel's facilities.

Parking is too far. Circle drive for drop-off takes up so much room that could accommodate guest parking. I know this can't be changed, but it's the only issue I really had. LONG walk to get to hotel.

The waitress names Pat was exceptionally good!!! Use her to train the others.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

My first room was #802. This room had a bad odor. Smelled like feet and had a terrible view overlooking a lower roof top. I don't understand why the hotel rep put me in this smelly room. I was able to change rooms to #910. A different hotel rep assisted me. He was much nicer and understanding. I thought the bathroom was too small. The completed renovations were from an unskilled contractor. I could not wait to check out.

The location was ok. Close to the freeway. The second hotel rep who helped me obtain a better room (#910) was accommodating, nice, understanding and funny. I appreciated his willingness to assist.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Jacuzzi outside temperature was warm/cold

I love the location! I love the valet workers! They were great and extremely pleasant. The front desk was not polite over the phone but, when we arrive to check in. The woman that waited on us was awesome. I would stay here again but, for the price their Jacuzzi outside temperature should have hot. It is not a Jacuzzi if it is not hot but, that was my only problem with the hotel.

up grades in rooms the hall had trash on floor right out side my room and down the hall this should had been one of first thing that was clean because people walking down the hall

The rooms was clean but I thin the hotel need up date for price

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Executive Floor

Biker club basically rented the whole hotel and had dj and live rap music into the night. Noisy most of tge night. Couldn't sleep I asked to be refunder and they refused. Loud noises all night. Called hilton and booking and they said to call each other. I have put in a request to be refunded.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Location wasn't great the shuttle went five miles from the hotels but downtown was over this.

Amazing hotel views from the lift and the 21 st floor! Awoke in the morning and had fantastic views of the city.

Cleanliness of rooms. First rooms looked like someone just left from sleeping and taking a shower. The second room had a lady bug infestation

Staff was helpful

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

• Queen Room with Murphy Bed

The room that was on the photo when I booked my room as not the room I got. My room did not have a microwave or fridge.

The staff was freiendly and also made my stay comfortable.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

Check in time was at three o'oclock. We arrived at 2:45 and our room was not ready. We were not able to check in until 3:30. However, we were there for a major event in the city so the hotel was very crowded. The staff was very nice about it and offered to hold our luggage until the room was ready.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. We were there for a concert on Beale Street. We had never been to Beale Street before. The woman working the check in desk gave us some great tips for navigating Beale Street.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

The outdated room. Not what I was expecting for the $165 that I paid for one night.

The lobby was nice but that's about it. Will not be staying there again.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The rooms are dated. Hot water issue with my shower. Had to have it running for 10 minutes to become less cold. Very difficult to get the room temperature at a comfortable level. Either too hot or air-conditioning blowing on you. Could not watch the World Series in my room because the station was blocked.The hotel was acceptable but not up to Hilton standards.

Front desk staff and food court team were extremely personable and efficient. Good location. Price was comparable to lesser hotel chains.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

There was a noise that sounded like someone banging or slamming a door ever so often throughout the whole night. Kind of sounded like an ice machine dropping ice but there wasn't one near our room.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Executive Floor

Was bumped from executive floor with/credit card conformation,we came in late,to another floor ,bathroom weirdly laid out,had to bring up to get discount on room maybe next time

Breakfast was good

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Toilets were stopped up we had to evacuate the room early that morning,so we had to wake our babies up and move down the hall. Next room the stopper didn't work in the tub to give the babies baths....

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

The air was on 65 still wasn't working. Very hot and uncomfortable for the night. I also ask for towels for the next morning that night i still didn't receive them had to call that morning. I couldn't take a shower that night because the house keepers didn't clean the room that day and didn't bring the towels up that night.

The staff was very friendly!! They really was pleasant.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

The staff was a little rude and they seemed under staffed at the front. I had to wait in a line to check-in and out. The most they ever had working their check-in/out stations were two people. The lady who checked me in also was trying to be slick and check her cellphone in her purse when I was in a time crunch. I had also read a review it was in walking distance of Fedex Forum and Beale Street and it wasn't.

The hotel was very, very nice and super clean. The bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept in. The hotel also has a Starbucks within it, which was a huge plus! I would definitely stay there again.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

The pool was disgusting. I was very disappointed. Hair and bugs floating. Not what I expected. Planned an afternoon to chill by the pool on Saturday after sight seeing. Unattended kids running wild. Loud with no regard to others.

Rooms were nice, lobby very updated, bar area nice.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

Room not cleaned when I returned at 5pm even after I had informed the front desk before leaving in am that there were cobwebs hanging from ceiling over the bed took over an hour to have the room cleaned delayed my evening dinner plans the evening supervisor added insult to injury by telling me I should have booked directly from Hilton and not used bookings !

Bed was fabulous! Slept like a baby! Hotel staff was attentive and responsive. Breakfast buffet was phenomenal! Starbucks was awesome. Staff very friendly and pleasant. Great location for dining and shopping! Officially only hotel I will stay at when visiting Memphis!

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

Limited transport, shuttle access. Suggested we use private hotel car, and was charged twice the rate of a cab. Taxi ordering required, more than half hour wait.

Hotel is fine, comfy and choice of food and beverage facilities.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

What did I NOT like....absolutely nothing!!!

Very inviting staff from the moment I walked in. Made me feel like they knew me personally. The sandwich I had at the Provision Market was absolutely wonderful. By no means not your typical hotel food. Personal touches everywhere!

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

Room service food was not very good. For example, I ordered caramelized onion dip which would be similar to a French onion dip. It was sour cream with some chopped raw onions in it. In the photo, the specs in the sour cream are from the chip seasoning. It was very plain with no taste. The house made chips which came with three things that I ordered, came undercooked and chewy one time, crispy but with no seasoning one time, and perfect one time. Just some things that should not be very difficult but seemed if no effort was put into it.

The staff was great and very friendly!!

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The elevators were broken. When you have a 25 story hotel that is full, the elevators need to work. Two elevators were out of order. The wait for them was long and painful. We were on the 22nd floor. We needed to take the elevators. Also the bell hops were taking up valuable space in the 2 elevators with luggage. Isn't there a service elevator for them to use? It put a very negative twist on the entire stay. Often there were large crowds in the elevator lobby waiting for their turn. I've never seen anything like it at a hotel before. It was TERRIBLE!!!!!!

The hotel was in good location and room was nice.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

Free wifi!!! I paid all that money and then was asked to pay for WiFi. Pool open very late and noisy. Awakened 6am by barking dogs.

The Valet and Bell hop were very friendly.

Browse Hilton Memphis traveller photo gallery