Reviews of Hilton Miami Airport Blue Lagoon 4 stars

5101 Blue Lagoon Drive, Miami, FL 33126, USA

#103 of 213 hotels in Miami

Good choice while in transit

Breakfast not included, otherwise pricy. Mall schedule not updated which caused us financial loss by losing our return ticket and paying a cab not to mention hours waiting at the bus stop. Grayline pointed the hotel. When we adressed we didn t even receive a reply ??

Piscine, free airport shuttle bus

Territory
    • King Room - Lagoon View

Mattress could be better Windows should be clean in order to see the beauty of the lagoon view. Clean it!

Territory Location near the airport All was clean Nice breakfast

Nice place not the right location
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Balcony

I was under the impression it was much closer to a beach, which that was my fault, the drinks/snacks in the room were majorly overpriced and you could not put your own items in the refriderator. It was a bit far away from restaurants and if you have a picky eater with you, which I did, the room service menu is a no go.

The view of the airport at night was amazing, loved watching the planes come and go. The staff were friendly although english is a bit tricky, for most of southern Florida, appernetly. The room was very nice and clean, also the bed was probably the most comfortable I have ever slept on in any hotel. The pool area, lobby, and coffee bar were very well kept and it was not a total noise fest, even with music playing in the background.

Quick stay
    • King Room - Lagoon View

Breakfast was mediocre and pricey. Had the Eggs Benedict and everything on the plate was cold. My husband ordered the steel cut oatmeal pancakes with fresh fruit and there wasn't an oat in them. And he also ordered a side of potatoes , which were ice cold like mine. But, all in all, wouldn't deter me from trying out the restaurant again.

Very comfortable beds. Great view and location. Very nice staff.

Loved the beds they were amazingly comfy, staff were super...

The amount i paid for breakfast was disappointing for what I received, the hot food was cold and the some of the breakfast was still frozen. I did complain and was told I couldn't get a refund but I wouldn't let this jeopardise a future stay.

Loved the beds they were amazingly comfy, staff were super friendly and always happy to assist. I had a couple of issues and most were dealt with immediately apart from an issue with breakfast.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Great hotel near the airport for bussiness trip

Charge for early check in having rooms available. Charge for parking Charge for receiving packages

Excellent hotel near the airport for business trip. Very clean, great staff. Excellent breakfast.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Great airport location

The main restaurant was having a refurb so didnt have a good atmosphere, it was also a little overpriced.

We were travelling in two parties and met at the hotel so the airport shuttle service was invaluable to us. The bar food was great and good value. The staff were attentive and friendly.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Great Stay
    • King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

Nothing really to do or choices of places to eat around the hotel unless you take a taxi. The breakfast buffet is ok but overpriced. Nothing is really bad just a few things need changed.

Staff is very good. Shuttle to the airport was great my wife is in a wheelchair and they made every accommodation possible to help her. The grounds are very nice. Easy access to the airport.

It was ok
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Lagoon View

The beds not the size they say they are. And no fan in the bathroom.

Queen beds to be actually a queen size and not a full + size bed. Windows cleaned for a better view of lagoon and a fan in the bathroom. And more outlets in the more.

The hotel were under renovation and should not be open for...
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible

The hotel were under renovation and should not be open for visitors, as you can not even sit or enjoy relaxing. At least, we should be informed at the time we make booking that it’s going to be very noisy

Everything was perfect.
    • King Room - Lagoon View

Everything was perfect. Staff was helpful and very friendly. Only thing that supposed me was the deposit that needed to be made once at the hotel. Other than that we will be making this our go to hotel for vacation. Pool bar and scenery is awesome.

Excellent for getting to/from the airport

There was some renovation work being done so was loud at times, but these things happen. The breakfast is quite expensive considering there isn’t really any other options for food without a car.

Perfect for a night before/after a flight. Good location, nice pool area and comfy beds!

Great bed.

Great bed...close to airport with free shuttle service..full gym and pool. Could not rate breakfast since we left too early. Perfect for early flight connection

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

If booking would let me give this place a -10 I would.

Staff were very rude & unhelpful upon checking in. Check in took 40mins because they wouldn’t accept my pre-paid master card , that I had used all over the state of Florida for 3 weeks without issue. This was the only means I had of paying for my room. The manager refused to speak with me initially after I explained I would lose money if I had to convert my currency back to pounds and put it into my bank account and pay using my uk debit card. This also made me very uncomfortable as I do not like using my bank cards abroad due to the fraud risk. After asking to speak to the manager 3 times, he eventually came out of his office and rude and dismissive from the start. His English was very poor & his attitude to customer service was appalling. For a brand like Hilton, this is a disgrace. I’d have got better service at a loca motel! The manager told me to draw the money from the hotel ATM, which again, as I explained repeatedly, would result in charges for me. he simply said ‘tough’ shrugged his shoulders and walked away. There was no mention in the booking of not accepting this type of card. I had valid ID and I had used the card within the property to purchase food items, therefore I do not see what the issue was. My children were exhausted after a 5hr drive and they wouldn’t let me check in with my payment card. It was absolutely ridiculous. At one point they told me to cancel my reservation and go somewhere else if I didn’t like their policy! Absolutely disgusting! To say I am angry and disappointed is an understatement. I am now £50 out of pocket because of fees and conversion rates , had a horrible end to my holiday and the hotel was dirty. Couldn’t have been a worse stay. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. In fact, I would advise any UK travellers to avoid it at all costs.

Family friendly great for traveling with children

Paying for parking

Service was excellent, Every time we came back to our room everything was cleaned and picked up for us. Will definitely be visiting this location again.

Ok to stay one night between two flights.
    • Room with Two Queen Beds and Bath Tub - Mobility Accessible

Restaurant not very good but very expensive.

Ok to stay one night between two flights. Nice garden and swimming pool. But I aspect a little more of a Hilton Hotel.

I really liked everything the view, the staff, the...

The gift shop as horrible. It's nothing really in it and what's in it, it's too over priced

I really liked everything the view, the staff, the environment, I just loved everything about the hilton

I will not be coming back

I would not be coming back THE STAFF are rude! They charge hidden fees and bugs in my hotel room !

Nothing the sausage for breakfast was very hard and when I booked this hotel the confirmation said breakfast was included . Once I get there to have breakfast they charged me 56.00 for breakfast and didn’t tell me until after the fact saying that breakfast is not included. Please be careful guys they charged a lot of hidden fees. Very pricey hotel, they also charged me another hidden fee of 8.90 and I had to take it up with management to correct and adjust the charge . I also saw a roach in my hotel room NEVER AGAINN!!!

Clean rooms, friendly staff, and very good breakfast.

Pool services could be better. There were no towels available middle afternoon, and pool menu could be improved.

Clean rooms, friendly staff, and very good breakfast.

Review

I didn't like the fact how the hotel tried to charge me for items I didn't consume. So, when you go make sure you ask for another refrigerator so you can place you drinks in.

I like the fact that the staff were friendly and kind.

Not a typical hilton

There are no vending machines and only one tiny bottled water in minibar which was $6.00. The gift store sells bottled water but is not consistently open during business hours. The hotel restaurant is closed in the afternoon when we checked in. We were always put on hold when calling for service. It appears the hotel is seriously understaffed. There was a used chaves regal wrapper on the shelf next to our mini bar. Room service menu is not provided in room and really difficult to track down.

The beds were comfortable. Room was well airconditioned. Free shuttle to airport was helpful. All staff were polite and welcoming. Room service when available was excellent and good food. The atmosphere is friendly and busy. Lots and lots of spa ish speakers.

I do not recommend it is very expensive cost benefit

the pool was a big disappointment, in the photos it looked big but it is small dirty with lots of people, the loby is under construction the hotel is old

The view over the lake

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Great location shame about the kids
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Balcony

The pool is open until 11 with a pool bar - however the pool was full of kids so wasn't exactly the place to enjoy a quiet swim or a quiet drink - maybe an age restriction to the are after 2030 - give adults the chance to chill out in peace.

The view from 340 was amazing - great view of the airport and of Miami

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

The guests in the two rooms next to ours spent the entire...
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible

The guests in the two rooms next to ours spent the entire night Shouting cursing slamming doors We called security reported it at 11pm at midnight and again at 2a called the front desk and was put on HOLD!! No one ever answered the repeated calls. Unbelievable When we checked out and made a comment to the front desk agent all she said was "Im so sorry" Really??? Pathetic service If a hotel sells group space then then keep them on the same floor and dont mix with reward/paying guests

Not what we expected!!!!!!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Balcony

****Not your typical Hilton property**** I Would never stay there again.we waited over an hour and a half to get our room only to find it was dirty and had live and dead bugs everywhere. When we brought it to the attention of the management they had housekeeping clean the room again while we were out per our request. When we got back there were even more active bugs and the dead ones were still there. The only good part was the night manager was able to give us another room. This is the worst Hilton property I’ve ever stayed at!! I would not recommend this hotel at all!

Handy but less inviting than you might expect

Some areas look plain at best and at worst, tatty. Breakfast area was featureless and outside by the pool was not very inviting - needs pepping up to distract from large areas of crumbling concrete. Less attractive than shown in photos. Bar area was ok, but service slow (think we just arrived at wrong time). Quite expensive for level of comfort provided.

Handy for airport and cruise terminal.

wouldnt stay there again because of the extra charges. would have rather known about them upfront.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Lagoon View

Didn't know about 19 dollar paid parking.Have to pay 20 extra dollars to use refrigerator in room. Rooms are clean but outdated.

Pool ,clean room, and friendly staff

Noisey and did not meet expectations
    • Double Room with 2 Double Beds

We asked for a quiet room as we had travelled over 14 hours. We were woken up by a noise group of loud drunk people at 1 in the morning. The rooms need refurbishing.

It was close to the airport

Great place but not a hilton
    • Room with Two Queen Beds and Bath Tub - Mobility Accessible

A bit rundown and doesnt live up to the standard that a hilton should

The area around the hotel is almost like a nature park. Very beautiful with lots of wildlife. We saw a turtle, racoons, peacock bass and lots of iguana.

parking fee 19$ per day .

parking fee 19$ per day . unacceptable for hilton !!!! wifi fee 14$ per day ....sorry but we are living in 2018 !!!!! we are stayed for only 3 hours till hour flight and we had to pay for parking and internet . unacceptable prices

The stay at the hotel served the purpose as we were headed for a cruise on Saturday.

I arrived early as a result of a red eye from Phoenix. I was required to pay $35 for the luxury of checking in at 9 AM rather than waiting to check in at 12 noon, with no charge. The other issue is there are no close restaurants, off property. The hotel shuttle dropped my traveling companion and I off at the major intersection then we walked two blocks to shopping and restaurants. We were told that we could wait for the shuttle to pick us up on the opposite corner, but the shuttle runs every 30 minutes, which isn't always convenient.

Very nice room, friendly staff, nice pool area, and free airport shuttle all made for a nice experience.

Location was perfect
    • King Room - Lagoon View

There was a fire in the laundry room on my floor, the room and corridor wreaked of smoke and wet carpet for days. There were no courtesies extended by management, not even a call. I was most disappointed, more so the fire was started due to their doing.

Location was perfect

good for short stay, poor breakfast

if you are coming from Asia ( India, and nearby country where they use seasons), you will be disappointed with the breakfast. No much food varieties,

the staff are good, and location is perfect if you are planning to stay for one night in Miami.

booking.com rate and hotel rate don't match.

I booked thru booking.com and the rate was a great deal apparently, however when I checked out the hotel charged me a lot more that I was asked for. The price should be consistent and no surprises at the end. Be careful.

Nice comfy beds and beautiful view.

Elevator had no air conditioning. It was extremely hot. Had to PAY for parking$ Which I found to be absurd. The airport shuttle should have a sign or a spot to Waite Dor clients , ?not just going around in circles.

The entire Hotel was very nice..hallways your typical hotel smell.

nice view, but charged extra for parking.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Lagoon View

I didn't like that I had to pay 20 dollars for parking one night where it didn't mention this at all when I made the reservation online. had to pay for wifi, breakfast was not included, bathroom didn't have fan switch,

I liked the view and the fact that is was right in front of the airport. Hotel was surrounded by a lake and overall it had a nice view, hotel was big and rooms comfortable, a/c worked well and didn't make a sound so that was good.

Good convenient location to the airport with great view of...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Balcony

Although I enjoyed the balcony and lagoon view it was obstructed by the roof below and also there was no balcony furniture to relax out there. Limited pool and pool bar hours.

Good convenient location to the airport with great view of lagoon. Nice pool outdoor area. Customer service from front desk was exceptional!

Cleanliness / interiors / not well maintained /...
    • Room with Two Queen Beds and Bath Tub - Mobility Accessible

Cleanliness / interiors / not well maintained / service / never heard so many NO from staff in my life and stay with over 500 properties.

They over charged us for a bill at the bar that we didn’t...
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Balcony

They over charged us for a bill at the bar that we didn’t even go to. $90! They charged our room $90 for a bill at the bar that wasn’t ours and won’t refund us the money. Horrible customer service.its robbery and we will not be back

Looking forward to the next visit!
    • Double Room with 2 Double Beds

The breakfast was superb, easily the best hotel breakfast I have had, and I travel a lot. What topped it was the omelette chef cooking fresh omelettes to order. Superb!!

Nice hotel, close to the airport.

They charge you 5 USD per package if you order something online and have it delivered to the hotel.

Nice hotel, close to the airport. Good enough for a short stay if the purpose of the trip is not visiting or seeing Miami.

nice for what you pay
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Balcony

all good, had diferent reservations for 2 days because my flight would be cancel and i fly one day earlier, the 2 night still same room, not same reservation, got an upgrade, room with balcony. the rooms are so comfy, beds so confy, breakfast very good and nice gym.

Good hotel, where I stayed for more then 30 years, that do not assisted frequent guests.
    • King Room - Lagoon View

The fact that the hotel did not accept my Hilton Card and did not add points because I made the reservation with Booking.com.

The room was confortable, with a good view.

Beautiful hotel right on a lake, saw manatees swimming when...

Right across the highway from the airport. The noise didn't really bother us though, and couldn't hear the planes in our room.

Beautiful hotel right on a lake, saw manatees swimming when I was walking around in the morning. And we were approx 15 min from downtown Miami by car.

we received our confirmation and it specifically stated that...
    • King Room - Lagoon View

guest services were not very friendly, after a long day of flying to get to Miami they were not very welcoming.

we received our confirmation and it specifically stated that breakfast was included which was not the case. They would not honor it and gave a "story" as to how we misunderstood Meal prices were high

Good Hotel
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Lagoon View

The hotel is set on the river side which was awesome... great pool area...Lobby check in was good as I travelled from outside of the country and arrived at the hotel after Noon and they had an available room and I was able to check in early, which was great.

Location, staff, facilities, elevators made this an enjoyable hotel!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

The Concierge was very helpful in suggesting a local tour company. The bell boys (?) were readily available to assist in any way. The shuttle drivers were professional and friendly.

It was ok it wasnt the best

No microwave in my room and thermastate didnt work i froze to death so uncomfotable

I had a problem with the heating and cooling system anf staff did not fix after i complained

Just One Night Break
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Lagoon View

Complementary water in the room it could be appreciate and not charge 3$ for each bottle of still water

To be so close to the airport and to be close to different Mall+Activities

So haunted, we felt horrible the next morning and couldn't wait to leave. We left at 4:30 a.m.!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Balcony

The place was so haunted, I couldn't sleep all night. It was creepy. The staff was rude, no smiles or nice greetings. They also demanded they take our luggage, then a tip...no other choice. The room was very noisy, the hotel is very stuffy, not enough windows, small hall's and ceilings. Did not feel inviting in the least. There is a huge fan outside that runs continually that was as loud as the planes flying over. I would never spend another night there.

Nothing really to like, except the room was fairly clean.

Our stay was short and sweet and convenient from airport and to cruise ports.
    • King Room - Lagoon View

Nothing really within walking distance( stores,restaurants,etc)

Restaurants on site for convenience. Pool was very spacious. Staff was very helpful. Used free shuttle from airport, very convenient. Used paid shuttle service to port of Miami, was happy with price and comfort of ride.

Achieved what I used this hotel for.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Balcony

Having to pay (which I chose not to avail myself of) $3 for a bottle of water in the room, whereas same hotel chain in New York, 2 bottles of COMPLIMENTARY water provided. This felt like a money making rip off. Also opened the mini bar to put in a bottle of my own water, just to keep it slightly chilled only to find that the mini bar was then locked. I then saw a sign saying that I must not use the mini bar for personal use or there would be an extortionate charge. Rang up Reception, apologised and said I had not seen the sign and it was only a bottle of water so either they could choose to keep the water locked up or release it to me and I would not use the mini bar again. They did release it but the whole thing just smacked on making money. It got to the stage where I was wondering what else they would try and chafge me for.

If you like watching aeroplanes at Miami International Airport, this is the hotel to choose. Get the right room perhaps with a balcony, then you will be well rewarded

I loved the fresh smell of the hotel as soon as you walked...

Only thing that i didn’t like was the fact that there was no microwave in our room,so us buying food and bringing back to our room just kind of went to waste. Second thing i wasn’t to pleasant was a small mini fridge that was a extra additional 20 fee and it’s like. Why? But we juats didn’t bother using it Last but not least although we had the WiFi to the hotel the service is horrible i didn’t even see the point in using the hotel WiFi that’s how bad the service was out there

I loved the fresh smell of the hotel as soon as you walked in. The staff by the entrance door extremely friendly. The hotel was absolutely beautiful.

I had a good time in Miami and the stay at the hotel was nice.

I didnt like that the community microwave was located on the 6th floor and didnt look very fancy. It was just one microwave sitting in a small room next to the ice machine.

The pool and hot tub were very nice.

Convenient and comfortable stay near the airport
    • King Room - Lagoon View

The walls are very thin, so any noise from a neighbouring room is audible. Even a normal conversation seems to get through. The airconditioning system is noisy to the point that I turned it off during the night.

The room was big, clean and conveniently arranged. The view of the lagoon is nice and makes for a relaxing working environment with a big desk in front of the window. Excellent roller blinds to completely darken the room and a good quality bed. I really enjoyed the breakfast buffet.

Even though the shuttle driver was a bit cold, the staff at the hotel more than made up for it!
    • Room with Two Queen Beds and Bath Tub - Mobility Accessible

I found the shuttle driver to be a bit distant and cold. He didn't connect with the passengers at all and wasn't welcoming. I caught the shuttle twice with the same driver and can honestly say that I don't know how the driver's voice sounds as he barley said anything to anyone. I just want to point out that the shuttle driver is the first point of contact with the hotel for customers and I think there should be more training in customer service for the drivers (or maybe this one particular driver?)

I really liked that the room included a mini bar...you don't find that much these days anymore. Refreshments were available at my fingertips. All the in-hotel staff were very warm and welcoming, customer service oriented and super nice.

Worst hotel ever
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Lagoon View

Horrible, never staying there Again! They had to move us from rooms 3 TIMES ! First one was full of BUGS, second one the AC and the phone didnt work at all!!! And in the 3rd we were sweating so much ! Pool was not as expected the surrounding were dirty! Would never recommend at all.

For my stopover needs the restaurant food & service was fine. And the Bell staff was very helpful.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Lagoon View

The location was not within walking distance of other food or convenience stores.

I received text messages from staff asking about my comfort which made me feel welcomed to the Hilton facility.

The property was awesome.

Our breakfast was $60.00 for 2 and it was mediocre food..like a free Holiday inn Buffet!!

The property was awesome..took a few walks around the lake..We enjoyed the airport view watching jets in and out.

Some good experiences (friendly staff) greatly overshadowed by some very bad experiences.

1. The location is not close to any shopping or dining. 2. On the night of Monday April 30th into Tuesday May 1st at around 12:30 am, while asleep in my room (545), I felt that someone was in the room. When I opened my eyes, a woman (I suppose it was one of the cleaning staff) was in the room and ran out saying "sorry, sorry". 3. In the afternoon of Thursday May 3rd, I had just returned and was in my room when I heard my door opening. A man opened the door and was trying to explain why he was there. I was on a Whatsapp call and he eventually realized he was in 'the wrong place' and left. I locked my door immediately after. 4. On Friday afternoon, I called from the IATA training center around 2:00 to request pick up only to be told that the next driver would be in at 3:30 pm. I am a foreigner, my phone does not work in the USA and I am unfamiliar with taxis in the USA. I walked back to the hotel.

The staff was quite good. The concierge staff and dining staff were very good.

The room was the only thing nice.

The front desk were quite snide when we arrived, we were told on the phone the day before if we arrived early we would possibly be able to check into our room early. We arrived around 11:00 am, aware that were early and were told that it shouldn’t be much longer. As we watched people check in over and over EARLY, Around 12.30 we asked again if the room was ready, we were told rudely that the room was ready “but check in was at 3!” So we waited and asked again and at 2:30 and were told our room WASN’T ready which contradicted the earlier response. Most of the people there were Cuban and we are good southern people, not sure if that was the problem but we surely were disrespected and treated differently.

Cleanliness

Check your rooms before settle in them (Bugs)
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Lagoon View

There were bugs everywhere in the room ! On the curtains and on the ceiling in our room ! Very disgusting! And also the bathroom wasn’t really clean. We actually had to clean up everything ourselves. No help with our bags from our floor

That we were by the water , but no chairs to set down on.

• Room with Two Queen Beds and Bath Tub - Mobility Accessible

I ordered extra items together with food and drinks, for our room on arrival. They was not supplied.

Convenient for airport. And close to main toad network.

I was told my credit card declined.

I was told my credit card declined. When I called my carrier they indicated there were 2 pending holds for the amount of $205.13 on my card. I had just returned from a cruise and the pending holds could have effected my travel back to NY

A very good hotel for a good layover between two trips

- Check-in was very slow: typically arrivals are not evenly spread across the clock. There are literally flocks of guests showing up as planes land (or at least this is the impression I had). There should be more check-in lines for peak hours.

To clarify upfront: we stayed only one night as a layover between to trips. We did not use the pool nor did we used any other amenities. - Hotel offers a very good value for money if you want to be close to the airport for the next trip. - Very comfortable room and bed - Free frequent shuttle between hotel and airport (and vice-versa)

Waste of money
    • Double Room with 2 Double Beds

From the beginning the front desk staff was not pleasant. The two gentleman working appeared bothered that we were standing at their counter at 830am. They charged an additional 70 for early check in didn't offer complimentary breakfast which was supposed to have been included. Quickly took our money and hurried is off. When asked if we could go ahead and do the breakfast the day of check in since we would be leaving the next morning before it he told us no. It was not until a manager approached and told the employee if they told you they were checking out early then why didn't you just give it to them. Once we finally made it into the room we couldn't use the balcony due to all the bugs and we spent the majority of the evening washing continuous red ants down the bathroom sink. Needless to say I will never book at this hotel again. It was not worth the money and they really need to focus on the upkeep of the property. Offer a customer service training course for both front desk as well as restaurant because our waitress was quite rude herself. Overall not a happy ending to the amazing cruise week we had!! Do Better!

It was quiet

Good airport hotel
    • Double Room with 2 Double Beds

Receptionist did not give us the Wi-Fi code when we checked in. Crazy driver join the shuttle to the port, was on his phone most of the way and also writing with the other hand! Very dangerous.

Convenient for a one night stay near Miami airport. Good bar area for evening snacks and a light breakfast

All OK no problems.
    • Double Room with 2 Double Beds

Check in was a little slow.

Liked the location and found the hotel clean and comfortable. The staff were OK and helped us when we requested information. Will return again. Thank you.

Loads of staff...hense high restaurant prices. Pretty good value for money though.
    • King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

Strange that handicap accessible rooms are usually the ones FARTHEST FROM THE ELEVATOR. CORE. This make NO SENSE.

Staff were eager to help and anticipated needs for handicapped guest.Unusual this! This has not been the case at other Hilton properties.

Relaxing

The young man who checked us in was not very friendly. I asked a question regarding the breakfast and he was very short.

The cleanliness of the hotel and the room. The pool area was also very clean. The Bartender, Mary (we called her Michigan Mary) was excellent. She was very friendly and professional, always had a smile. We truly enjoyed her hospitality.

Average

Poor experience checking in. Stood in the Honors line for 15 minutes with only 2 people ahead of me. Person at front of line had an issue. The 2 other front desk clerks took customers from the main line rather than taking the next Honors person as most other Hilton hotels do. No Hilton Honors points because the reservation was thru booking.com

Didnt match our expectations
    • Double Room with 2 Double Beds

Dirty bathroom with calc, mold and rust! Half-eaten breakfasts left all day long on the floor in the corridors. Dinner at the restaurant was basically frozen food that had been heated up in a hurry.

Beds are comfortable

very noisy hotel and the front desk staff not willing to listen.
    • Double Room with 2 Double Beds – Hearing Accessible

1: I was over charged for the room rate and not any justification and not willing to help to address the issue. I conatcted the customer service of hilton first for inaccuracy in the room rate but not joy and now waiting for a responce from booking.com 2: Staff who allocated the room was very abrupt. When given my hhilton membership number i was told that since i got the room booked via booking.com i will not have any hhilton members benefit. 3: room allcoated was was very noisy by due to planes landing/takeoff and the people in the corridoors and next door.

The rooms were clean and the hotel appears good from outside.

Worst stay ever!!!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Balcony

Did not like paying for parking, if I'm spending money to stay I shouldn't have to pay to do anything else. Mini bar items were expensive. Putting a deposit down for the room when I arrived after paying for my nights was too much especially since I did not get the deposit back. People stared at us like we were peasants I guess because we were black!!!

The pool amid Jacuzzi was great

OK for a short stay if all you are doing is sleeping; doesn't live up to the photos
    • Double Room with 2 Double Beds

the hotel is tired, was probably nice in 1983, time for a refresh most of the charging sockets in the room didn't work (and there weren't many!) pool was murky

nature in surroundings - there's a mini walk near the lake breakfast was OK - try the grits

Browse Hilton Miami Airport Blue Lagoon traveller photo gallery