Reviews of Hilton Miami Downtown 4 stars

6.2

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Perfect stay, perfect staff
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Bath Tub - Mobility/Hearing Accessible

Everything was fine. The staff was exceptionally helpful and professional, catering to our every wish. The facility was ideally located for the purpose of our visit. No negative issues whatsoever.

Worse stat ever!!!

They do not clean & inspect their rooms. The person who checked out before me was using drugs in the room. They had lines of white powder on the table & Octman. I told the manager about my findings & how they stuck me in an uncomfortable & dirty room & all they cold say was they’ll investigate it & offer me a $50 voucher for food & no upgraded room. The vallet Parker’s also stole my beats headphones out of my car. I didn’t notice til i got home. Smh will never stay here again.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

It is very central to accessing attractions.

It is very central to accessing attractions. The Daily was an eatery that was walkable and the food was great. It was 10 minutes by car to the cruise port. The view of the port was amazing from our bay view room.

Enjoyable

Bigger Swimming Pool, which was also slight untidy.

Pleasent stay. The check in experence was particually good, as the male member of staff was very helpful and provided directions to local resturants.

Amazing!

Everything was great! The front desk staff and bellmen were friendly and helpful! The housekeeping ladies went above and beyond cleaning the room daily. They took the time to pair our shoes together which we thought was a sweet detail! The view from our room was our favorite part and the distance from Miami Beach was great as well, about 15 minutes away!

I like location

The pool area without towels, pool chairs uncomfortable . The wifi is only free in public areas so when I use wifi in the room hotel charge me $9. The self parking ir confusing, you need an extra scan ticket so the charge ia $25 per day and not 38. There is no housekeeping unless you call and someone go and give you towels. Never staying here again

I like location

Clean and good quality

Lost a tshirt in the room and housekeepers couldnt find it. We left the tshirt while leaving. Free wifi was only at the lobby..

Easy to access with public transportation

Comfortable

People were laying around in the lobby. The staff was proactive and told them that they couldn’t lay around. Kudos to the staff (that shows they take pride where they work at) My driver dropped me off at the motor level from a late flight. I arrive after 1 am. The area was nice but trashy. A lot of checkers food products, paper containers left around, and ketchup squired on the ground. 4- 5 employees was on duty and they didn’t pick up the trash. ( I felt that the employees could have been more productive) Also folks came on the property asking for money.

I appreciated the staff being helpful

Right value for money

Thought drinks prices were highish

Whilst a little tired looking in places generally we were pleased with our service and facilities, good value for money

Great, just what we expected

The elevators were a bit close to our room so we could hear the elevator ding all the time in the night. It's not a big deal, it just bugs you a little bit.

This hotel is located in the outer parts of Downtown, but still a good place to stay at. Cleanliness, staff friendliness is top-of-the-range, the continental breakfast is exceptional, probably the best I've had in a long time - the orange juice is fresh squeezed from real oranges, every day!

Relaxing
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Bath Tub - Mobility/Hearing Accessible

When I made the reservation was fine but when I arrived had to pay extra $200 for deposit really threw me in a loop. Need to put that in with reservation

The room and staff

Awesome...and would return

The hotel was amazing.....I just needed the water to be hotter and the water pressure to be more stronger.

Nice size rooms the hotel was amazing. Thisty Thursday with $3 drinks. Having. Checkers and Publix right outside the hotel was perfect.

They tried to steal $145.

They tried to steal $145.00 of my credit card They added $145.00 in phone charges on my final bill and when I called they keep transferring me with no resolve I had to drive back and complained at the front desk to reverse the charges People need to be careful , get the receipt on checkout, and look over it carefully

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Would return :)

The young man at the front desk when we arrived, very tired, around 11pm was wonderful. He got us up to our room in no time and arranged for a late check out the next morning so we could relax for a bit before heading to the airport. The breakfast buffet, although a bit expensive, was worth it! Delicious omelettes and a terrific variety of foods.

Enjoyed the stay and found the service quite Okay.

Loitering of the homeless close to the hotel.

The room was spacious and the beds were comfortable. The staff was really helpful. The internet was inaccessible from the bedrooms. Overall, this is a good place to stay.

The view was amazing.

The only confusing thing was the parking. Though we got a ticket for the parking, wasn't clear that we had to pay for parking as well, at first.

The view was amazing. Room was clean and the location was ideal.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

I enjoyed the hotel overall but the food at the hotel bar...
    • King Room with Water View

I enjoyed the hotel overall but the food at the hotel bar was horrible. The salmon was dry and the chicken wing dings were fried too hard and had no taste. The poor waitress tried but a second order was the same.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

An excellent room is definitely too expensive by the absence of free Wi-Fi service!
    • King Room with Water View

My judgment would have been 'excellent' but I think it is totally unacceptable in 2018 that in a hotel such as the Hilton, the Wi-fi service in the room is charged. A fact that makes the value for money very little appreciable. I specify that in the search of the room on Booking.com I had expressly requested the free wi-fi service (which was available only in the hall and also in a discontinuous way). Moreover, Booking.com is stubborn to not include the cost of taxes for American hotels as it happens throughout the rest of the world, distorting the perception of the value of the rooms. I found on arrival that the Hilton would have held back from my credit card a deposit of $ 250 on a stay of just 5 nights ... I would say an exaggeration!

I requested the corner room facing the bay and downtown and I was satisfied: the view was spectacular (see attached pictures taken from my room) and the room was large and very comfortable. Breakfast was excellent and plentiful. The staff was welcoming and thoughtful. The location was great to visit Miami thanks to the proximity to the bus station and the stop of Metromover (however for those who go to Miami to attend the beaches, I recommend finding accommodation in Miami Beach).

This is generally a low level hotel with high level cost.

The location is far from the center- almost no attractions nearby. The Wi-Fi was only available at the lobby or if you register as a member and didn't work all the time. The hygiene products were very low-level and few.

The staff were all very nice and willing to help. The view is beautiful.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Guest service attendant was great.

It was very complicated to access the hotel and parking was a nightmare. Too much complication. I shouldn't have to park on level 7, then go down to level 2 just to check in, all to be directed to a different floor for my room. The process was not smooth at all.

Guest service attendant was great.

We really enjoyed the view to the bay.
    • King Room with Water View

Nothing in walking distance - Beach, Bay, restaurants etc..

We really enjoyed the view to the bay. The pool was nice. Friendly staff. Publix supermarket really near from the hotel.

The room was nice.

The staff was not very communicative when we checked in. They gave us the key with no other details like breakfast hours, wifi access.

The room was nice.

Good location but some elements are below Hilton standards
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Bath Tub - Mobility/Hearing Accessible

Despite being clean, the bathroom was below Hilton standards: old shower curtain + Broken toilet seat Very noisy room by the elevator = little sleep during our whole stay

Convenient location : practical to go anywhere in Miami Nice large size and clean rooms Excellent view on Miami bay

Excellent Experience

Nothing apart from the shuttle service to Dolphin Mall, which is not a reflection on the hotel. It travelled around for a full hour to 8 other hotels picking up guests. It was kinda frustrating after one hour to be in the same spot. Concierge should not recommend this shuttle bus or at least advise guests how long it takes. $80 for 4 people return is not cheap. Much better to get an uber. You need to be careful walking around after dark in this neighbourhood.

Great location if you are going on a cruise as you're only minutes from the port. The pool is lovely. Very friendly staff, particularly Savana at reception. She was very helpful and professional with a lovely friendly manner. Beds are super comfortable and the view was amazing from room 2003.

Great hotel, Just fix the elevators
    • King Room - Disability Access

The elevators took about 10-15 minutes to show up and when they did, they were so packed you had to let 3 go by before you could find one to squeeze on. There were 5 or 6 elevators but maybe only 2 actually functioning.

Staff was very pleasant and the pool was nice.

The staff.

The room was dirty in the bathroom very nasty. Need more attention. The staff Jose, Carolina and Magui room service were very nice. Thank you Mercedes

The staff.

Loved it.

Loved it. Nice vibe and good facilities! Has a Starbucks inside (lobby area). Great if you don’t want to go for the hotel buffet breakfast of $24 pp.

Saturday madhouse
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Water View

Despite asking for an early check in- and they were to call me, I never received a call and couldn’t check in until after 4pm. It was a madhouse with all the cruise people checking in and out of Friday n Saturday morning-noon. I got a free lemonade out of it.

Valet at $28.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Location was fabulous for taking our cruise.

Location was fabulous for taking our cruise. We could view the harbor from our room. A small fee was paid to be shuttled to the ship. Room was clean. Staff was helpful.

Rooms were comfortable
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Water View

Fornt desk has bad attitude, very slow, many customer service people don't know what they are doing !!! Breakfast personnel rushing you, taking played before you are done !!! Pool in poor condition !!!

Rooms were comfortable

Good hotel and great location but super busy

The check in process took forever and we were put on a waiting list for a room even though it was all “guaranteed” in advance. It’s not great when you’re in Miami for the weekend as you want to utilise all your time and not wait around in hotel lobbies as they wouldn’t even take our luggage.

Very nice and clean hotel with a fairly decent pool. The decor was quite modern and the rooms were spacious. If you’re lucky to get a corner room, the views are sensational. The hotel is located right next to NE 15th St so it’s a short drive to Miami Beach.

Good choice

They don’t have a parcking but they have a contract with the parcking near them and it costs 25 dollars per night.every time you take the car out of the parcking you pay a big amount.

Large room and nice view.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Good location and excellent services.

The only think I didn't like it was the noise from the AC. First night I couldn't sleep, but in the end I decided to turn off the AC during night and it was perfect.

Our stay at Hilton Hotel it was very nice. I should start by saying the staff was very helpful, they gave us all the information to get around Miami and what trips are available. Breakfast had a big variety where to choose from such as: fried eggs, omelette, bacon, ham, salami, cheese, fresh vegetables, cereals, pancakes, waffles, croissants, different pastries and many more. I loved the fresh squeezed orange juice and the pancakes. The internet worked perfect in the room, as well in the reception. The beds were very comfortable and cleaning service was every day. The pool was excellent and the area around very clean. The AC works perfect.The hotel is very well located, close to Biscayne Bay Park, Bayside Marketplace and Metromover (which is free). There is a big supermarket close by and across the street there are 2 fast food restaurants. Overall experience was very pleasant and we definitely recommend this hotel.

Almost excellent!

The only thing I did't like was that there were a few homeless people nearby that made me feel sad. The second small thing I didn't like was that there was no vainity kit for women but there is a supermarket nearby and you could buy whatever you need

I loved my room. The awesome view, the kingsize bed, the breakfast, the valet. Everything was really good!

beautiful

the internet !! only one person connect to the internet the others could't !! the staff said.that we need to pay to have access on internet services ! is that possible HILTON with out internet?

clearness and nice view

Fine for the two days I was there but could have been better.

I find it a great annoyance that WiFi in the room is not free. In these days of reliance on the net, most quality hotels give it free- at least for the basic service of checking/sending mail. I class Hilton Hotels as being in that strata and so it is particularly vexing. I am an Hilton Honors member but this was not asked about nor was I offered the free WiFi that goes with that as I understand it.

The staff on reception were very helpful, particularly in relation to a medical issue I had during my stay. The safe in the room did not work and maintenance tried to fix it but could not - a change of room was offered which I declained but it was good to see it offered.

The view is amazing but unless you get a suite the room...

The place is extremely disorganized. Had problems from the start that I went to the hotel, still haven’t received my security deposit back almost a week later after check out and every time I call they keep saying call my bank. I wouldn’t stay here again at all. In addition the actual hotel is okay but the location is bad. The checkers next door is extremely rowdy and there was a fight there at night when we were trying to get food. It was honestly a good replaced by two bars day after day.

The view is amazing but unless you get a suite the room itself is small. The pool has a great view too but that’s about it.

My stay was short but was very pleased with my choice.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Water View

Hotel staff was very friendly. The hotel areas were clean, rooms were very comfortable. Restaurant staff were very attentive. Food was delicious at the Brisas.

Lovely hotel and very helpful staff.

We had a lovely corner room with great views on the 14th floor, however it was next to the lifts which was noisy in the mornings with people calling the lift right outside our door.

Lovely staff, great breakfast, great area and views from the Hotel are amazing. Would definitely go back.

The staff is mainly the reason why I liked my stay.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Bath Tub - Mobility/Hearing Accessible

Breakfast not included in the price... at this rate it should be included! Thin walls , been awaken by room next door several times. Anyway it was a great experience

The staff is mainly the reason why I liked my stay. Everyone was great except for the managers, not really friendly. Great establishment! Nice amenities, big room, high quality beds...

never again in this hotel

The sink was full of hair The standing lamp didn't work The bath door didn't close The telephone was disconected The neighbours were extremely noisy and we couldn't sleep all night. Our complaints were not dealt with by the staff

The concierge Mr. Guy Corneille was very friendly and helpful

Great friendly staff, very helpful.

Great friendly staff, very helpful. The location was great and the pool was a bonus. Great view of the port from our room and easy access to public transport.

Stunning hotel in a great location in Miami

The windows were very dirty so obscured the view from my room. Also, the sun loungers at the pool are VERY uncomfortable and are in need of upgrading

Very nice hotel in downtown Miami. Stunning reception area, very spacious and comfortable. Great breakfast. Valet parking was included with booking which was AMAZING value as normally $30 a day! Was great being able to drop the car off at the door! Room was very clean and functional. Nice pool area, would highly recommend!

if we have to go back to.... will definitely stay here again.
    • Junior Queen Suite with Water View

one of the electrical outlet on the desk is not working, no big deal.

first of all the room is very spacious! you can actually move around the room and the view ( we had the corner rm.) is spectacular!!!! very clean. definitely recommend to others.... will not be disappointed.

Greet location. Valet staff was amazing

Wasnt worth the amount I paid. When it was time to check out I was told the balance was way more then I owed

Great location. Near a lot of restaurants and night life

It was a nice experience in Miami as well in the hotel

The fact that we had to pay extra for the hot Buffett .

Everything was a really nice experience , We liked the view we had in the room. Bed was really comfortable Food was ok.

I had an AMAZING time with the Hilton Hotel.

The good in the restaurant and room service isn’t the best. The food wasn’t the worse I’ve had though.

Love Love Love this hotel. Staff was supper friendly and accommodating. If we needed more of something it was promptly brought up. The location was excellent, central to everything we wanted to visit. Will be returning to Miami again this summer and this hotel!

You can find better service with comparable prices elsewhere

I could not in good conscience recommend this hotel. As international travellers, my family and I have had our share of the good, the bad and the ugly hotels. This hotel is neither of those options, it is worse it is disingenuous and snide. We paid extra £25+ a night for breakfast. On arrival we are given a "free voucher" for breakfast. Unbeknownst to us, for a party of 3: 2 adults and 1 child. That "free" voucher only included breakfast for two adults and children had to pay for their meal ($12). The breakfast was also only a continental breakfast, and bad news if you want a hot breakfast you will need to pay more. How incredibly underwhelming... And of course, there is a 18% gratuity added to the bill.... it was a buffet style breakfast. It is not even the additional charges that negatively impacted my experience it was the sly and underhanded approach as we were never communicated this odd breakfast setup. I would not stay again and would recommend anyone thinking of staying: you can find better service with comparable prices.

Overall great stay, friendly staff, and comfortable rooms.

The shower wasn't thoroughly cleaned. There was hair inside the shower curtain.

The location was great! We used Uber to get to South Beach and it was only minutes away, but still good that we weren't in all the hustle and bustle of the nightlife.

My son stayed for his 21st Bday.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Water View

My son stayed for his 21st Bday. He was very pleased with everything. He said the view was amazing and very convenient to everything. So, when I do come. I will stay here too. Thanks!

good location, parking was included

building from the 70ies and hence a little worn out, only part of the breakfast included (required to pay extra for all warm dishes like scrambled eggs, sausages, etc.), valet parking uncoordinated and time-consuming

good location, parking was included

It was hit or miss with the staff if they were doing their...
    • Junior King Suite with Bath Tub - Mobility Accessible

It was hit or miss with the staff if they were doing their job or not. The location is good. I wouldn’t recommend the restaurant downstairs. Overly priced and food wasn’t too good, very dry especially the potatoes. Not only that but my card has now been charged 1200 three different times and trying to get ahold of someone is like trying to pull a loose tooth out of a child’s mouth!!

fun Miami hotel and the best high quality bargain in Miami

Parts of pool deck area could have been cleaner but the water was perfect. Pool was a little small for the size of hotel.

This was my third visit, Great service and newly redecorated. Best dollar value in Miami and convenient to Bayfront Park Miami and professional sports and concert arenas. The concierge, Guy Corneille, was the best ever! And fun bartenders, Rick, Claudio, and Christina. Anna the hostess at brunch was so warm and helpful. Loved my room and they kept it so clean. Excellent security and staff everywhere to help with questions or bags or whatever you need. The food and drinks were good so you don’t have to go out if you don’t want to do so. Fun for us as a couple but also good for families going on a cruise. They handled the cruise groups with expertise. Getting them in and out quickly and good service all the way. We were there to experience the city for a romantic weekend but observed how well the hotel services different types of guests. Impressive.

Beautiful facility, wonderful food and drinks, great view.
    • Junior Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

I had to call the desk multiple times because the people n the room next to me were blasting rap music with a lot of profanity and an hour later the same couple was fighting cursing each other out punching the walls.

Wonderful view from my room!

Unhappy in Miami

The incidental hold on my card. I was told I would have to pay for an additional night when I already paid. Beware.

The location was perfect close to transportation.

Will be coming back!!
    • King Room - Disability Access

The food at the restaurant was very good but it was pretty pricey...

The cheeseburger was AMAZING!!!! It was stormy the day we were there so we didn't get to enjoy the pool :( but we will be staying here again anytime we are in Miami!!

Perfect location, great view, wonderful staff

I had a bit of trouble finding the right balance with the AC overnight, but that's on me...

The staff was very hospitable, which may not seem like such a big deal in a hotel, but these guys and gals really made us feel welcome and were very helpful in guiding us around town. Also, the view from my room was beautiful. I had a great view of Miami Beach, the sea in between and the bridges. I wish I would have stayed longer.

Overall it was good, would recommend to others
    • King Room with Water View

Room was a little dusty , could have been clean a little better. Just a little over price but considering the location I guess it was a fair price

Staff was great, room was comfortable

Stayed one night and could not wait to leave, to be honest, this does not reflect on the staff.

Paid a lot of $$ to get no WIFI and a shower facility from 1985. Also had to pay for the buffet breakfast that had less choice than a 3 star hotel in Thailand.

The bed was very comfortable and the room was very clean, and in a great location. It had good views and the staff were very friendly and helpful.

Beautiful hotel

I had no problems with the hotel. My next visit to Miami I will be staying again.

I liked Everything about the hotel. I really lived the friendly service.

Stranded
    • King Room with Water View

Staff not helpful, front desk person almost comparable with me at check-in. Had a very difficult time getting the hotel staff to return item left behind. Finally received after four calls and much precistant on my part

Bed very comfortable. The rooms location and View were the Best.

Amazing experience

Everything, the staff were really friendly and made us feel welcomed. They went above in beyond on everything they did for my friends n I. Thank you guys!

Just disappointed unfortunately..

The air conditioning went out in the whole building and our rooms were extremely hot! We asked if there was another location we could go stay, and of course we cannot on Friday night. I liked the property and the staff but a little let down when we got the news because we were so excited to stay here in our trip. Businesses have problems and that’s understandable, but a free hot room isn’t ideal when you are trying to relax and beat the heat.

The staff was friendly even when the hotel is 100 degrees with no air conditioning.

Very hot and loud, extremely disappointed
    • King Room with Water View

No air conditioning during our stay, kept telling us that it would be fixed and then adjusting the estimated time. The walls were extremely thin and we were woken up twice overnight by our next door neighbors.

Pet friendly

Overpriced with surly staff

Confusing layout . Check in is actually on the third level. Parking is atrocious. You are . charged $28 nightly to park. No electric car charging available, and staff could not offer any help in finding a charging station, nor did they demonstrate the least bit of interest or concern. Staff was unfriendly and unhelpful. Rooms were old and dated. This was one of the worst Hiltons in which I have stayed.

Location was good.

The bed was really comfortable and the view was very nice.

Quite a few questionable people walking the streets around the hotel.

The bed was really comfortable and the view was very nice. My room had. View of the bay.

Room was great and the Drinks at the bar.
    • Junior King Suite

We flew into Miami around 1130 and we couldnt check in until 4pm and thats understandable since its the standard check in time but we couldnt get a room until close to 5pm. Other than that the stay was great. Also my wife had hair in her food at the restaurant downstairs.

Room was great and the Drinks at the bar.

Loved it all!!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Bath Tub - Mobility/Hearing Accessible

Loved the comfort of the beds. Breakfast buffet was excellent and included by the way. Mario and Angelis were our preferred staff members: helpful, friendly and courteous. See you soon!!

Great service and food but lacking ambiance in the pool area.
    • Junior King Suite with Water View

The pool area was a little disappointing and in need of some TLC...using duct tape on the pool deck and no hot tub was not 5star.

The staff was friendly and helpful- from Adrian at the bar to Guy at Concierge. The food exceeded my expectations...the peach French toast was incredible and the room service was well presented, tasty, and timely.

Would not stay there again

Bad experience at the hotel, though I am a hilton honors member didnt expect such a lousy sevice. No toiletries in the bathroon and then a rude experience with room service

Very Good slept very well

Your Desk Clerk very rude. To tired to answer my questions. Your Check-out gentlemen were so professional. They make you want to come back. The Valet Parking staff OUTSTANDING. I will come again

The first desk attendant, very bad attitude. She the attitude of hurry up and ask your question. The other lady who was black was extremely polite . I should have stayed in her line. Check out was great

Everything else was just perfect.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Water View

Venting conducts probably connected with other room because it stincked at marihuana during over night. The AC also doesn't really cool the room.

Everything else was just perfect.

Our room is supposed to be ready by 4pm.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Water View

Our room is supposed to be ready by 4pm. We arrived at 9pm and waited until around 10pm to get our room available. Unprofessional staffs. Long waiting time during the late night.

The restaurant food was really good, I also enjoyed the...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Water View

Was not fully clean when I got there and it was not worth as much as I paid. I also don’t understand why they do not have a complimentary shuttle for how much they are charging for rooms.

The restaurant food was really good, I also enjoyed the brunch and bottomless mimosas. The staff was friendly as well.

1-10 our Hilton stay was a 3
    • Junior Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

Some staff members were very professional and polite while others were not accommodating and made me as well as colleagues uncomfortable during our entire stay. Our rooms were not being upkept by housekeeping and we were discriminated against, getting breakfast was a hassle even though we were informed that breakfast was complimentary through this third party booking Hilton staff thought otherwise so we were not given complimentary breakfast will not be booking with downtown Miami Hilton again.

Browse Hilton Miami Downtown traveller photo gallery