Reviews of Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport Mall of America 3 stars

3800 American Boulevard East, Bloomington, MN 55425, USA

#23 of 41 hotels in Bloomington

Inability to book bed and breakfast online, it was bed only.

Friendly staff from the shuttle bus to the hotel lobby. I was particularly impressed with the shuttle bus driver who recommended areas in downtown.

• Allergy Friendly Room with Two Double Beds

I have severe allergies to perfumes, cleaning and most scents. The hotel has allergy friendly rooms and bend over backwards to make everything perfect. When traveling I only use Hilton because they really do care. I will be back in a couple of months.

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Pool was closed for maintenance for several hours and did not reopen until well after we were told it would be available for use. Disappointing when we were only there for a day get away.

Friendly, helpful staff. Clean, comfortable rooms.

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room was too warm. I didn't discover the floor fan until too late. I wish we didn't have to pay for breakfast or could have gotten a discount.

Pool was warm. Beds were comfy. Thankful to not hear everything in the hallway-pretty sound proof.

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hidden costs that were not addressed in the listing. The fact that breakfast was included but they attempted to charge anyway. Attempted to charge almost $300 more than what we booked it for.

The hotel was nice. The rooms were nice. The food was good. The staff checking us in were nice.

• King Room with Pool View - Allergy Friendly

Bookings.com tried to overcharge me on site after booking but didn't work. Other guests disturbing whole floor wee hours. Friends room no heat three days. No free breakfast. Restaurant understaffed so couldn't get dinner. Tried to up charge for non-existing room service.

Something other travelers should know if you need to be at the airport early, so does everyone else! One shuttle that holds about 20 people plus standing room. We made it on that shuttle but others didn't. Some called cabs when they saw the long line.

Our room was large and very comfortable - well appointed, and the bed was very comfortable. Nice large TV. Great location for Mall of America and airport. We arrived late and ordered from the CP Express room service. Our food was a little the pricey side, but was excellent. Overall, this hotel is terrific for my tastes and needs.

• King Room with Pool View - Allergy Friendly

I booked online at what I remembered to be $135. when I received my bill, it was $181 + taxes. The taxes are to be expected, but the $46 difference was more than a disappointment.

friendly staff, very nice and clean room...etc.

Bathrooms are sort of small but lighting was great. Saturday night there was an event so when we got back to our room there was no where for us to park. Didn't like that. Should have special parking for Diamond Status members. Sunday morning the breakfast was gone both times we tried to get any on the Executive floor.

Helpful staff. Room was cozy. View was nice from the Executive floor. Bathroom lighting was great. Quiet rooms.

Noise from hallways and paper thin walls between my room and rooms on either side allowed for hearing some muffled conversation.

Excellent staff, great location near airport with good shuttle service and central to the surrounding cities. Room was comfortable and clean.

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The wait staff in the restaurant was not as pleasant as the front desk staff. We waited 10 minutes before anyone even spoke to us. The food tasted great and the drinks were great as well!! My suggestion would be to greet your guest in a timely matter, even if they are busy with other table, just to acknowledge the new tables.

The front desk staff is great!!! The food was awesome, and the sunrise martini is amazing!!! Bed are comfortable!!

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

My room, 812, seemed a little dated. There was this sofa in there that was shoved up against the windows so I couldn't close my curtains. Had to move this uber heavy couch away from the window to close the curtains and access the plug behind it. A desk in this room would have been very helpful. And while the mattress was comfortable, the comforter is really heavy.

Convenience to the airport. Shuttle service

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I was afraid of not getting the shuttle bus at midnight, but I just do a called, and 10 minutes later their was the bus!! So happy to see the bus, when outside the temperature was -22

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bed very uncomfortable, hot tub not working the water was freezing, and the restaurant was incredibly slow and got our orders wrong

Beds were very uncomfortable, the hotel t tub was not in working order the water was freezing. The room was very out dated. For how much it cost I expected a much nicer room. The restaurant was very slow and brought us the wrong orders after a very long wait time. Not going t stay here again

Restaurant was under staffed. I did not even get what I ordered. Heater in my room did not work. Staff was slow to respond. Remote for tv was broken.

Comfortable bed

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Booking.com sent me an email confirmation, but the hotel had no record of it in their computer. I don't know where the fault lay, but fortunately, they had plenty of rooms available.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Mobility Access

The bartender was very friendly and the bar restaurant had a nice vibe. The food and drinks were reasonable for a hotel. Very much enjoyed the experience . The staff was friendly and professional, very much appreciate the competency.

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

TV didn't work for two days and the sheets had stains on them. One of our towels also had a clump of hair in it. Nothing like the other Hiltons I've stayed at.

I liked the shuttle to and from Mall of America and Airport. Hotel room was clean and comfortable. I liked that the checkout receipt appeared under the door while we slept.

• King Room with Pool View

I was picked up by the shuttle and taken to the wrong hotel and left. Had to wait for a half hour again to be taken to the other hotel. No one told me how to use the card key which doesn’t insert now, so had to take all luggage back to lobby and ask. There were no glasses in my room. Housekeeping brought one but when I also told her they’d left me no shampoo or conditioner she told me to go to the desk and ask. I’m pretty sure that’s her job. The toilet handle was dangling outside the toilet broken. I told the front desk and no one ever came. I asked for a wake up call and the desk clerk evidently forgot to write it up as I never got one. I’m just lucky I woke up with 15 mi utes to spare so I could jump in my clothes and run down to take the shuttle.

The bed and pillows were amazing

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room service food was disappointing. Could have gotten same food from airport kiosk. Was pre made - delivered in a bag.

Beds were so comfortable. Staff was superb

• King Room - Mobility/Hearing Accessible with Bath Tub

Some of the comfiest beds that I have had the pleasure of sleeping in. I have stayed here on average once a year for the past 7-8 years and cannot speak highly enough of the friendly staff, convenient & frequent shuttle to/from the airport and MOA, and the proximity to the amazing wildlife reserve directly across the street.

The welcome from the Night Manager was so nice at the end of a very rough day of travel. The bed was extremely comfortable, especially the pillows. Breakfast was very good also. The hotel is very convenient to the airport and lots of parking.

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Proximity to the airport and MOA. Wildlife santuary across the road is well worth a visit too. Friendly, long-serving staff make you feel like family. Great beds!

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

1. The delay of shuttle from the airport 2. price of foods in the hotel shop were outrageous. 3. Also, when I called the hotel took forever through various phone options to get reception. 4. When I needed featherless pillow, calling the front desk and also zero on the phone. No answer. Had to call room service for someone to actually answer the phone. Then ~ 20 minutes later got the pillow. Not super impressed

Reception at check in and check out quick and efficient.

Small bathrooms ....but hardto enlarge in a dated bldg.

Very small bathrooms in a dated hotel. Other room amenities were excellent. Dated decor / furniture was NO PROBLEM for the overall value.

the only thing we did not like was the waiting to get our room. they only had 1 person helping people get registered to there rooms. it was a long wait. about a half a hour. we were tired and wanted to relax. but we did finally get our room and all was better.

the room was great. and the bed very comfortable.the room was clean and spaceist.the view in the room was nice. the bed and the pillows were great. would like to have taken the pillows home. so i wrote down where they were made. might try to buy some if we can.

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Spa chemicals were so strong when we got in; eyes were burning, skin was itching - on all four of us! Got out immediately. Had to go shower quickly. There were so many kids in the pool we couldn't even go in. And this was at 10 pm! The next night they had the pool shut down. Very disappointing as we really wanted to use these amenities. When I talked to front desk about it, they didn't appear to care at all. Just said, "ok". The view of the roof of the entrance and the parking was poor. The bathroom was so small! The beds were small. Lots of noise from the hallways.

When I called and asked for extra pillows they were brought up quickly. That was great.

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The air quality was poisonous. We arose and left 3 hours earlier than scheduled. My husband who never complains couldn't breathe in the room. Horrible chemical smell in the air system.

Beds were comfortable. Bath was fine.

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was not a great experience. It took well over 30 minutes to bring pancakes out to my two kids. One order was hard, and the kids wouldn't eat them. As we were leaving, the table next to us had two woman. One lady was well into enjoying her omelet, yet the other one had not received her meal yet. The dining area was not busy. The waiter was apologetic, and said the kitchen was busy. I expect better service for a $50 breakfast.

The room was clean. The lobby was welcoming, and staff at the front desk was hospitable.

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The phone in he room was not working and but once I had called the front desk from my personal phone they fixed it immediately. Shuttles run once an hour at least when we were there. Which meant I had to get a taxi which being so close wasn't terribly pricey.

Beds were comfortable. I asked for a room facing the airport and was accommodated, intentionally or not. Staff was fantastic.

I booked a King size bed room. I was forced to take a room with two double beds. That is understandable, but, the receptionist tried to justify it by saying it is the third party's fault, and did not offer me anything to compensate my disappointment. I told her I will take the room because it was midnight, but, I did not accept her explanation. I booked the room Hilton three weeks ahead on Booking.com. Hilton had plenty of time to let me know that my reserved room cannot be met. This service does not match with the high price Hilton is charging compared with other hotels within the vicinity.

It is clean and nice facility, matching the expectations for a typical Hilton.

• King Room - Mobility/Hearing Accessible with Bath Tub

No microwave. Didn't realize the rooms didn't have them Since I've never stayed at a hotel without each room having one

It was fairly silent. Felt like you could watch tv without worrying about ppl saying its to loud.

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The restaurant added a lot..good food and very convenient. Also the shuttles to the airport, mall of America and the convention center were a huge help!! The down pillows and comforters were a big plus. Loved the fresh cucumber water and free coffee (with to go cups) every morning in the lobby. They let our team use the ballroom to watch game tape which was also so helpful! Front desk was extremely flexible, generous and helpful.

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Were not told there was a $75 non-refundable fee for having a pet until we got there. I needed a pet friendly hotel which they are, but it should have been said about deposit.

Comfort of the room. Ease of parking. Quietness of room, no wind or airport noises, no noise from neighboring rooms.

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I asked if the beds were queens and was told yes, the beds are not queens, they are fulls. Other than that no complaints

Great hotel. Great staff. Free shuttle to the mall

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was a storm going through and we did not let the kids go swimming. Talked to the front desk and our check out time was extended so that the kids could swim before we left. Everyone was happy.

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

If I hadn't gotten the deal with booking.com I wouldn't book here. You are paying mostly for location. The hotel was nice and staff were nice but a few small things which I wouldn't think were worth paying full price.

Staff nice. Rooms clean. Even though very large hotel pretty quiet in rooms.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Second time we've stayed here and no air conditioning. The first time the said they were installing a new system. But one year later, same issue?!! We could not sleep, it was so unbearable! They did, however refunded one night for the inconvenience. They also raised the pet fee that was listed on website.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The management needs to be proactive in telling guests that they have a one way system for heating and cooling. The entire hotel is either all heat or all cool - no individual choice per room in this hotel. We found out the hard way and ended up changing hotels.

We were only there for a short night as our family flew in at 5:00 a.m. the next morning. Our overall experience was that this was a very nice hotel and we would stay again.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

The hotel is run down, ancient bathrooms and dump smell in the rooms and lobby. It does not belong to the Hilton league and I hope they break it and do it in the Ivy League of known Hilton chains. The lifts are age old and the rooms and beds are just horrible! Big regret having stayed here and is a big mistake of having gone by the name.

Literally nothing!

Business procedures. My friends did not receive the $50 extra charge.

I had a contracted room for $98.00. They charged me 148; they assigned me a room for handicapped. I appealed. Vague answer. Said money would be sent in two weeks.

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

One thing we did not like was the bed was never really made , and as well the TV was going out all the time , and the people next to us the door kept bounceing open and close at all hours of the night , did not get a good night sleep like I hoped.

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The swimming pool was too cold to swim mostly people tried but they got out right away cos it's too cold the hot tub was way too much chloride and it was too hurt in our eyes and my kid and his friend were choking so we didn't stay there long that's why we didn't enjoy the swimming and the hot tub.

The room was clean and nice nice hotel overall are awesome the bartender the front desk person the staff.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

No hot water, bathroom really small can hardly turn around, room service food overpriced and served on plastic plates with plastic flatware, can't even give you real silverware,

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The beds were horribly uncomfortable as well as the pillows. Our room's thermostat as well as the people we traveled with their thermostat did not work. We tried everything. We tried adjusting the temp. We tried just turning the fan on. We were told by the front desk to just turn it off completely. We did it all and our room was still a constant 81 degrees. Talk about not being able to sleep comfortably. We called down 4 times and no one came up to take a look. We were there three nights and every night my husband and I were up on and off due to the heat. We called down three times for a box fan and finally got one of those. They did comp our meals due to this problem at the time of check out. Thanks for that. But honestly I wouldn't stay here again. Your guests should sleep comfortably and you should answer their concerns when they call. Come take a look at the room if you say you are going to. Comping them their meals after three nights of horrible sleep doesn't solve the problem.

The atmosphere is nice at the Hilton. The staff that did talk to us were nice.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

It's hard to think of something but I guess it would be that breakfast was quite pricey.

Very nice hotel. I was there as part of a conference. The food was excellent and the meeting rooms were very nice. The staff checked on us consistently. The pillows and the bed were amazingly comfortable. My room felt very clean. We were just a few minutes away from the airport and the Mall of America which was very nice. I would definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

One of the rooms (521) had no heat. We should have complained but it was late and the occupants of the room were two teen age girls that did not want maintenance men in that late and were willing to put up with it. Generally the rooms were also worn and needed updating.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Seemed old. Old coffee maker décor one hot tub closed for repair so the remaining one was uncomfortably crowded or inaccessible . No ability to order movies disappointing. I would like to be advised when the room is an "adjoining" room. They are often noisy.

Front Desk Clerk Fantastic (gentleman) Brunch It was clean.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

The sink would not drain. Maintenance was very late getting to it. Front desk staff was considerate to allow us to use another bathroom to get ready for our family event.

Loved the bed.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The chemicals in the hot tub were really irritating on our eyes.

Beds were comfortable and the shuttle to the MOA was very convenient. Also we were able to check in early!

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

Had to pay extra for park and fly - I had thought it was part of the package. Staff told me I had to book that directly through their website not booking.com

bed and room amazing.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The food at the restaurant seemed very spendy! It was a blizzard outside so we thought about ordering food but my 2 boys wanted grilled cheese and it was outrageously priced! Also vending machines would be a plus we bought 3 candy bars from the store in the hotel and it cost us $15! Also it's super awkward to get to the pool and/or fitness room, you have to walk through the open lobby and by the restaurant very uncomfortable in a swimsuit!

The staff was very helpful especially to an out of town person like myself! Rooms were spacious! Very clean hotel! Great distance from the Mall of America, and the airport!

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was decent, but the eggs and salsa was gross! Would've liked a few more options.

The room was great, clean and quiet. The bed was very comfortable. I would stay again!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Mobility Access

We found a pair of men's boxer shorts on the floor after we pulled out the roll out sofa. (They didn't belong to us). Overall, the room could have been cleaner.

Friendly staff. Our kids loved the cucumber, citrus water, and hot chocolate in the lobby. Great pool and fitness center.

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It's listed as a 2 room with 2 double beds. But when I got there it was only one room and I couldn't change it without getting charged more. False advertising

Nice rooms, friendly staff

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room was cold. Even when turned up to 85. Room service took two hours and then our food was cold. Booked this room online on a different card and they never charged it. So when they took my other card just to have on file they charged me more then my room was. Went to the front desk and thought we took care of it. Guess not! We are still trying to get our money back.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

The drinking glasses were hard to find. It took some hunting to find them behind cupboard door of the credenza.

The Sunday breakfast buffet offered an excellent array of choices at a good price. We had a tasty breakfast and then were on our way quickly -- wished I'd had more time to linger. The shuttle services -- both from the airport and to/from the Mall of America -- worked well. The driver was "Minnesota nice."

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The price with taxes was a little high, and you have to call the front desk for ice.

The beds and bedding were excellent. The room was super clean and had a nice sitting area. Staff was friendly and the shuttle drivers went out of their way to get us to and from the light rail even though their shuttle is meant for guests going to and from the Mall of America.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

• King Room - Mobility/Hearing Accessible with Bath Tub

What I didn't like was not the hotels fault. My Booking.com reservation did not have my name attached to it. A hiccup that was solved effectively but was a little annoying and scary thinking I had no room!

The. bed and bedding were amazing and the hotel was extremely clean. Staff was extremely helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I thought a little high priced in convenience shop, was charged $9.00 for a pint of ice cream and no pay per view movies.

The staff was very nice, very clean & pretty comfortable beds. We would stay here again.

• King Room with Roll in Shower - Mobility Accessible

It was very comfortable but I really appreciated the fact they gave you a bag of ice rather than having to use ice from an ice machine that is always wet and melting. I also like the noon check out!! No rush. :)

• Reviewed: 10 September 2016

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Centrally located to where we needed to go. Very close to MOA and airport. Staff were responsive. Facilities were clean. Beds/beddings were comfortable. Wish the bathroom was bigger.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Mobility Access

Slow elevators and wrong charges upon check out The front desk charged me over 90.00 more than my reservation. Had to fly before it was resolved. A very stressful way to start my vacation

Beautiful and clean hotel in a nice location. A beautiful nature center across the street. Near the mall and close to the airport for early departures.

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

We had a accident at the hotel and I wished that it could've been handled better. The staff and management really needs to communicate more better with each other and thus with out leading into more mix up. When one management makes promises, and the other one says another thing of denial of what the other management had just said. It left everyone frustrated of who's saying what. And when we were being told that "the situation is being fixed, write down our name and phone number." Then coming back in a couple hours. And when brand new staff comes in and was told nothing of our situation, and we were left back to square one. I don't want other people to go through happen to what my girl friend and I had to go through. Also the cleaning staff manager, is on the phone telling us who's getting into our room at certain time from the logg in on the computer system, when we were trying to fix our situation. He told us that someone got into our room at that specific time. Even though we're not even there at the hotel. Using the key card supposedly that was ours, when we weren't even near the location facility. Made me worry for our things. And he continues to tell us that they do something with the system at a certain time, so anyone of the staff; or guess could've used their card key to get into our room. We ask for a refund a certain amount of money from our situation, it wasn't even a lot. Just enough money to replace what was lost. It took us a couple frustrated phone call's and e-mail of exchange back and forth and heated arguments. Since being nice and talking like adults with the cleaning manager wouldn't be the case. If only the cleaning manager would had listen and made it simple and easy on the first place, instead of making the situation worst by saying that some kind of policy of theirs saying that they won't refund; or said that the head manager lied about the giving us a check for refund.

The room was nice and clean when I got there and was consistent of the cleaning. The pillows and bed was fluffy felt like I was sleeping on a cloud. Shampoo and conditioning, towels and soaps were always given new ones after cleaning. I like it how they have fresh water lemon and lime every morning for the guess to have. Some staff was on point, and got straight to the point and didn't stall me for anything. I love it when the staff smiles and it looks genuine and makes you feel welcomed.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No continental breakfast for the price. No microwave in room.

Clean and comfortable room, close to mall and easy access to roads to downtown Minneapolis and St Paul.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everyone was super accommodating! Our room was exactly what we had booked. Couldn't have had a better experience. And we booked for a great price!

• Reviewed: 15 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Mobility Access

One of the two hot tubs was not operating properly (cold). Woke up at 4AM due to room being too stuffy (set thermostat down 4 degrees for air movement but did not really get back to sleep). Asked for 4:45 wakeup call but call came at 4:42.

The available shuttle service to the airport and the Great Mall. The knowledge of the desk on specific local restaurants.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Mobility Access

Abdi is an amazing team member who is a super customer service representative. He went above and beyond to make sure I was happy, safe and more important comfortable in my stay.

• Reviewed: 22 June 2016

• King Room - Mobility/Hearing Accessible with Bath Tub

Felt slightly hassled by the front desk upon check in as I had requested an accessible room and they said they liked to reserve those rooms for those who needed them. I reserved this room because my husband is undergoing chemotherapy for stage 4 cancer and sometimes he doesn't have the energy to stand for a full shower so the bench in the shower was necessary. It was slightly awkward and unnecessarily embarrassing to have to explain this in front of everyone at the front desk. Also housekeeping knocked on our door at 8:00AM. That is a bit excessive and even if I had been here on business I'm not sure I would have been out of the room yet. They did apologize and then proceeded to clean the room next door and bang around noisily while doing so. We could also hear people running around in the room above us for a good portion of the evening, the walls must be super thin for the amount of noise we encountered.

The room was nice and cozy and the linens were very nice. The lobby was gorgeous and there was flavored water available at all times. The furniture in the room was very nice and modern looking.

No free breakfast

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Mobility Access

I thought they had a complementary breakfast they didn’t:(

Nice rooms

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Mobility Access

The staff and employee there are rude!!!!