Reviews of Hilton Mystic 3 stars

20 Coogan Boulevard, Mystic, CT 06355, USA

#7 of 15 hotels in Mystic

Very comfortable hotel. Nice public areas to sit in. Staff terrific. Highly recommend.

Breakfast prices too expensive.

All amenities were excellent. Location of the Hotel was very convenient. You can walk to the Aquarium and little village. There was a grocery store in walking distance . Lot to see and do in the area. We didn't eat on the property.We would definitely stay here again.

Excellent!

Check in was fast and simple. ALL staff were friendly and helpful. Room was quiet and comfortable. Location was great! Breakfast was ample and good. Check out was quick and easy!

Very enjoyable stay

There was often only one person on duty at Reception so sometimes had to wait a long time to be served.

As parking in the town is limited, the hotel provides a complimentary bus shuttle service in and around the Mystic area. Rooms and beds are excellent, as one would expect from Hilton.

Great place, staff needs to smile more

The staff could smile more. I was in the bar 3 different times during my stay and all 3 bartenders never smiled. The man was the worse. He was very unfriendly and inconsistent. I ordered one of your specialty drinks off your menu and I loved it. And it was pink. I ordered the same drink the next night with him and it was yellow and gross. And I couldn’t even complain cause he walked around with head down and I couldn’t get his attention The beds were a little small but very comfortable

The location was perfect! My son loved the pool. The rooms very nice and clean

Everything you expect and nothing you despise

A ton of kids were running around the stairs and hallway around 11pm, I guess I cant fault the hotel for that, it was memorial day wknd

Very comfortable bed and clean bathroom, location is fantastic, Mystic is a great quaint town, the aquarium is better than the one in Boston and the shops are jam packed with fun little trinkets and food. Diner across the street was a great breakfast

Breakfast was excellent and plentiful and Staff at breakfast...

The maid never came near our room on one day and the amount of noise and slamming doors was horrible. The Little League Tournement kids and parents were in residence for 3 days and the kids were running all over the hotel until 11 PM. Also had to unload our luggage , put it on a luggage cart and push down hallway to elevator to our room. Is this the way Hilton is now operating at $1000 for a 4 night stay?

Breakfast was excellent and plentiful and Staff at breakfast were wonderful. Room was large and bed comfortable. Hotel perfectly situated for visiting Essex, Clinton Outlets, Stonington, Watch Hill RI and Newport

Was OK, but Hilton needs todrop the Little League patrons

Perfect!
    • King Room - Disability Access

The bed was amazing and the atmosphere was perfect. Location was the best part. If you didn't charge for pillows, we would've taken 5. Spacious bathroom!

Everything else besides the one waitstaff was great.

The restaurant our server was very fast and abrupt did not comfort to our table much. To top it off once paying the check we had to ask another server to give us our paper check after bring charged.

Everything else besides the one waitstaff was great.

would not stay here again if expecting a quiet night of sleep

The noise from the other guests next to us and across from us was so disruptive, we had to request to move our room in the middle of the night which completely defeated the purpose of staying at the hotel to get a good night’s rest before a local half marathon. Totally not worth the price we paid for the room. We sent a complaint and requested a partial refund on the cost of the room and we were only offered extra points on our Hilton Honors account which doesn’t help rectify this poor experience.

Great location, easy to get to

Fine for a single night. Would choose another hotel next time.

Double beds instead of side by side queens is ridiculous for a family. I wouldn’t stay her again due to room configurations. And pool was absolutely filthy.

Great locations. Very clean.

A very mediocre hotel

Fan would go off — noise all night. AC and Heating not needed. Thermostat was not working. Engineer could not fix it. Housekeeper knocked on door with do not disturb sign. She didn’t seem to know the check out time. Vehicles left parked in the entrance, and I had to go inside to the desk to request that someone move them, as it was raining and we needed cover to take things out of our car. Only two elevator cars for such a large hotel with very long hallways, made me think what would happen in n emergency, not to mention on a busy summer weekend check in or check out time.

Restaurant was great;

Most shuttles at hotels around Foxwood/Mohegan are free. This location advertised a shuttle, but did not state it was $9 per person. Much cheaper (and convenient) to get an Uber. For almost $300 per night you would think a shuttle would be included to the towns highlight.

Restaurant was great; good service from the bartender and the food was excellent.

Sad but Happy time all at once.

No USB ports, with such a modern room why wouldn’t you have them. Also sink backed up sometime during night and it was gross gray stuff.

Very attractive hotel, love the nautical lamps in hallway. The bar was real nice. The beds were very comfortable. Shower was hot with good stream pressure. Quick response from staff on a small issue. Also there was a patron complaining and being inappropriate and I thought the manager or staff that was dealing with him did a marvelous job. It was around 2-3pm on April 27th.

Very happy with the staff

Upon arrival their was a delay with check. I was informed at the front desk, I was comp with out having to haggle with staff for my inconvenience with a smile. we have stayed at this location in the past over all we had another great experience with you and will visit again in the near future thanks to all of the staff you really made my family and I feel very welcome from check in until check out

It was not clear that the breakfast (serve your own) was not...

It was not clear that the breakfast (serve your own) was not included in room. If you are serving yourself and if it looks like a continental breakfast, why is it so expensive?

Customer service was terrific.

Bathroom was extremely small.

Customer service was terrific. Very nice looking hotel! Awesome location for everything you’d want to do on while on vacation in Mystic

Will no go back.

Complete lack of organisation. Problems to get the adjoining rooms that we had requested. Waited for one hour to get our second room, well past checking in time. Keys to the room did not work right. Lack of employees.

OK breakfast. Comfortable beds.

Bed extremely comfortable and great staff at front desk and...
    • King Room with Spa Bath

Room not ready at 4:00 p.m. check in but they did make up for it with credit to restaurant

Bed extremely comfortable and great staff at front desk and bar/ restaurant

Great location, comfy beds, good sized room, nice modern...

No changing rooms at the swimming pool/gym Children's swimming pool parties on all afternoon at the weekend

Great location, comfy beds, good sized room, nice modern hotel

It was nice but not sure it was worth the money.

I thought the bathroom could have been cleaner. The floor and the vanity shelves were dusty. The pool area floor definitely could have been cleaner.

The beds were comfortable, plenty of towels, very friendly staff, the lobby was beautiful.

Management did give me a reduced rate because of inconvenience but extremely disappointed.
    • King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

My room had no heat upon checking in and we had to get ready for a wedding in freezing cold room. The “roll in shower” did not keep water in and flooded the bathroom. The was a very large bug in the bathroom, not sure if it was a cockroach or not.

I liked the gas fire places.

Just go

Chlorine in the pool was a bit strong. Although I’m not sure it’s more then any indoor pool. Wouldn’t deter me from staying again. Just make sure you wash immediately afterwards.

Super clean, very hip, lovely staff, fantastic time had by all from 2 to 60. We will return! Thank you!!

the "surprise" $50 charge on my bill for using a...

the "surprise" $50 charge on my bill for using a credit card; Lori told me it would be removed within 3 business days; still waiting . . . .

A nice quiet place to stay over for the weekend

First day there on Saturday, the eggs taste fake, potatoes taste rancid. They had issues with the hot water

Drinks were good and many selections, eggs were fluffy on a Sunday and strawberries was fresh. Like bacon and toast. Staff was very friendly at the front desk.

Although will be returning to Mystic, we are not sure we would stay at the Hilton Mystic again
    • King Room - Disability Access

No hot water on Sat morning 03/17/18. Had to asked at front desk to have the rooms coffee service replenished. Needed two requests furnish hot cups. Partner spoke to the front desk about a dirty spot in our room but nothing was done about it.

Great breakfast

Enjoyed staying at Mystic Hilton!

The breakfast at the hotel was awful and way overpriced! We only ate the breakfast 1 of the 3 days we stayed there.

Our stay was great! The staff was excellent, the rooms were clean, the beds were comfy, and the overall atmosphere was amazing! We also enjoyed the location!!!

Clean room , right across the acquarium , friendly staff

Very noisy/old AC/heater system, beds comfortable but small. We asked for a room for 4 (2 adults and 2 small children) but beds in the room can not accomodate 2 (average size adult and small child)

Clean room , right across the acquarium , friendly staff

Very good indeed---would stay again

Food ---excellent! Service---Excellent!-----Very impressed with the staff--Overall,a most enjoyable stay.---would use the restaurant again,regardless of staying at the hotel.-

We needed a hotel for one night and this Hilton was excellent.

There wasn't anything we didn't like.

The reception staff was excellent. Pleasant, helpful and welcoming. As for the food/drink, we did not have anything. Bathroom was very clean and the bed extremely comfortable. Hotel was very close to all major attractions.

don't recommend will never go back

i booked a king room and got a double and they said was due to booking it through a 3rd party website and my friends room wasn't ready at 5 pm had to wait another hr even though check in was 4

Clean room with nice bathroom. Pleasant and professional staff.

I would have liked the option to buy a newspaper in the morning.

Lots of pillows! Very clean room. Good "sound proofing" between rooms and floors, I heard someone in the hall but never below us or in other rooms.

I regret taking this trip I know I was robbed.

We were very uncomfortable. And you guys charged us 250 dollars twice plus the charges for staying there. And we are unable to obtain an invoice from Hilton/Booking.com

Nothing special, just the location, we were place close to the pool that chemical was so strong we had our eyes burning and a hard time breathing. The walls so thin we were constantly disturb by slamming doors and children making noise. Same think every morning that's stupid, who does that?

The hotel was very clean and the beds are very comfortable.

We reserved a King room through bookings.com. When we got there we were told all they had were doubles. We were told that because we booked through bookings.com, we were not guaranteed a King. I felt that the hotel treats you like a second class citizen if you book through a third party vendor.

The hotel was very clean and the beds are very comfortable. The location is great as it is walking distance to the Aquarium, shops and restaurants. I really enjoyed my stay.

It was a quick trip to allow my kids a chance to swim during this long winter.

pool was smaller than expected and not very clear. Our room was not ready until 5pm but we were given some compensation. The initial offer was rather low but the nice lady bumped it up a tiny bit and both parties were satisfied.

I liked the location. We did not drive anywhere after we checked in. Enough to do within walking distance.

Loved the location, the restaurant, pool and lobby!
    • King Room - Disability Access

We got put in a handicap room where the door wouldn’t close all the way, they ran out of tickets for the aquarium(which is supposed to be a perk of staying at a hotel there) and the girl working the front desk wasn’t very helpful

Loved the location, the restaurant, pool and lobby!

Good

The water in the pool was to cold for winter I didn' use.I came back home to sad because the pool was one of the reazon I choose this hotel.

I LIKE THE PLACE

I come to mystic at least 4-5 times each year and I will go back to my usual choice.

I was chocked that the breakfast wasn't included! I have never been to a hotel that didn't include breakfast. We paid $30 for a couple of pancakes and coffee. No one at the hotel informed us that the breakfast wasn't included. Extremely disappointed

Quiet Getaway Disrupted
    • King Room - Disability Access

You could hear everything through the walls. Im not an old fuddy duddy but went for a quiet getaway and unfortunately room next to ours had unsupervised drunk kids who were loud and obnoxious from 12:30 am to 8:30 am. Staff did respond twice but it didn't help much.

Centrally located, restaurant/bar area cozy with gas lighted fires. Wait staff was helpful, friendly and professional. Bartenders and wait staff a plus.

Once I finally arrived; I was able to relax. The room was great!

Mystic is a small, quaint New England town. I disembarked from my train at about 10:00 pm but there were no taxis readily available. I went to the gas station across the street and called for one. It never showed so I had to resort to my resourcefulness to get to the hotel. I will leave it at that. Thank you

Great. spacious room.

Opposite the aquarium, you can also get discounted aquarium...
    • King Room - Disability Access

Opposite the aquarium, you can also get discounted aquarium tickets for the aquarium from the front desk. The beds were very comfortable, decent restaurant, friendly staff. Close to downtown Mystic. Easy access to highway.

There to see the village.

Coffee kinda sucked. Food wasn't something to brag about. Room wasn't very clean, ring around the tub, tp was almost out as we got there. Pool area was cold. Also couldn't get the WiFi. I think because I wasn't a member or something. She told me what to do at the front desk but my phone was not cooperating, wouldn't let me on to the internet so I just said screw it and turned it off all together.

The staff was very nice and helpful. They are truly doing a great with customer service. They had a live band playing which was cool. Really beautiful entrance way.

Wonderful

Everything was nice. I wish the pool would have been warmer, but the weather was very cold

The food was excellent. The staff everywhere was very nice. The waitresses at the restaurant were wonderdul!

lovely but for the money i expect better attention/care to details.
    • King Suite

check-in staff didn't know to give us vouchers for breakfast the next morning. they also assured me that i was checked in with the "weekend getaway" package, but housekeeping knocked and then the front desk called when we weren't out by noon. (the package includes 2:00 check out.) breakfast staff attempted to stop serving breakfast at 10:30 (they closed and locked the door) but front desk had assured us that breakfast was until 11:00. all of the food was gone - there were leftover scraps in each food container.

the hotel is gorgeous and the location is great. dinner in the irons was spectacular.

Overall great!

We forgot our bathing suits so were hoping to find a store at the hotel selling pool accessories including swim wear. They didn’t have one.

We liked the customer service.

I will definitely stay there again!
    • King Room - Disability Access

The breakfast buffet was lovely--many choices and beautifully presented. The food was hot and very nicely done. The amenity packages of shampoo/body wash, etc. were great. The towels were fluffy and bright white. Tile was clean. The room was spacious and lit nicely.

Very recommended! We enjoyed our staying!

In the gym the hearing system on walker wasn't working and it was very dissapointing because the properties there were obviously new and great...

Very clean, looks great!

Overall nice
    • King Suite

The First Lady we came across at the front desk had a bit of an attitude. But the other two ladies we’re super sweet.

The room service options, the pool was sorta heated. Felt like we had a lot of privacy

Beware of the 2 "complimentary" bottles of water on the desk

Beware - the 2 "complimentary" bottles of water on the desk are only complimentary if you are a member of their rewards program. We found the sign on the water bottles to be confusing and thought they were complimentary. We were later charged $3 per bottle.

The location was near The Seaport and Aquarium as well as...

The hotel room decor/walls/carpet seemed old and out dated. Beds are not queen size. I thought the room rate was high for off season.

The location was near The Seaport and Aquarium as well as walking distance to a few restaurants and shops.

Great room was clean and place it beautiful.

OUTSIDE the property had beer bottles on grounds and cigarette butts at entrance NO ONE cleaned up the exterior of property from large party night before. I had to tell the person at desk about beer bottles. Room service choice of desert from a brand name hotel choc. cake or choc. ice cream and cost $29. (with tea) really !!! You are paying with the expectation of a finer hotel.

Location to attractions, shopping and amenities

We loved our room and the very comfortable beds, and we were...

We loved our room and the very comfortable beds, and we were also delighted with the position of the hotel. Mystic is a delightful place and the hotel was in a perfect location.

Would have been much happier with a window to the outside!

Our room faced the pool and had no view of the outside or natural light. We had to keep the drapes closed for privacy. It felt a bit claustrophobic. Plus we were awakened by the noise of the pool being serviced. It was very overpriced for a room with no window to the outside.

The pool was very warm and clean.

Nice place to stay

Housekeeping was over zealous and began knocking on the door around 830 -900 am for the four days we were there.

The front desk staff was extremely friendly and courtesy . they were also very knowledgeable about the area including the best place to eat and must see things. The pool is very nice and the outdoor fire pits are a nice touch . If your planning going to the mystic aquamarine buy tickets there for a steep discount.

Our stay was comfortable and suited our needs for an overnight stay.

Restaurant had very limited hours. Did not care for the section of hallway that was dark due to the wall coloring.... needs some light!!

Room was clean and comfortable. Hotel close to shopping and restaurants.

this was just a quick getaway

No hot tub, beds were small. Pool could use a cleaning. Long walk in the hallway to get to the room. I was looking for a little more from a Hilton. No "wow" here. Upon arrival Hotel staff stated they could not add the meal options because I booked through "booking" and not directly with the hotel.

Location , clean, basic hotel.

Enjoyable stay!

The hotel couldn't give us our Hilton Honors points for this stay because we didn't book directly through them.

Hotel was clean. The staff very friendly. Location was great! I would definitely stay there again.

Clean and good location but over priced. I would look to stay elsewhere upon a return visit.

Store was inadequate. there were no hotel information books/pieces in the rooms. Alarm clock did not work properly. RestaurANT WAS OVER PRICED. facility had little extra for the price charged.

room and bed very very good. Facility was very clean.

Was a great experience overall!

The beds could have been a better quality for the price. The mattress wasn't as supportive as the last time we stayed. Last time we stayed they were so much better so we were pretty disappointed in that.

The room and beds were extremely clean. You can get ice for the water in your room which was really nice. The bathroom was new and really nice. The lobby was beautiful!

Would recommend to friends and family.

The bathrooms need bath rugs the floor was slippery. The shower should have shower mats as it was very slippery. Very hard to give a child a bath with them sliding and hold on for dear life.

Staff was very friendly. The hotel was clean. Restaurant was very good.

Breakfast was not included because we used bookings.

Breakfast was not included because we used bookings.com. We were put in a room with a noisy rattletrap AC--again, due to third party booking. There are no towel racks and only one hook in bathroom, so you live with damp towels in piles. The pool was very over-chlorinated. This was a perfectly fine hotel but we had a subpar experience by not booking directly, which I think Booking.com should be aware of.

Beds too tall and our room was next to indoor pool in a...

Beds too tall and our room was next to indoor pool in a dark corner so I would be depressed if I stay longer in that room. I don't like not knowing where my room will be before I arrive. I am surprised they allowed a room there at all. Wouldn't go back if any chance my window would be to an indoor pool again

Overall good

There wasn't any information of the area. There were no brochures or maps of any job both in the room and in the lobby.

It was a great location. It was near all the major attractions. Also there were plenty of eateries nearby.

Worth every penny.

I go to bed late and wake up late, so hard a rough time making the buffet. It would have been nice to have an open meal voucher instead of specifically just breakfast. Is only able to attend 2 days worth of my 5 vouchers. Even I did get to go, the staff were wonderful, friendly and very helpful and the food was excellent.

The bed was Soo comfortable. I loved calling into that thing at night.

Ok, but annoying moisture issues

Bath fan was non existent, room stayed moist throughout our 4 day stay. Grout was missing on a floor tile which left a sharp end that my wife kept stepping on. Maids couldn't seem to leave the correct number of towels each day. Shower curtain got very mildewed in short time due to no bath fan

Beds were great

Only one coffee cup w/coffee maker, and no plastic or...

Only one coffee cup w/coffee maker, and no plastic or other type of drinking cups or glasses in the bathroom. Not a big deal but strange for a Hilton.

What went wrong here?
    • King Room - Disability Access

This Hilton was far below expectations. View a red brick wall 8 or 10 feet away. Dining too noisy to think much less talk. Both in-room breakfasts completely cooled off. Room inconveniently laid out. Staff were helpful when needed. Handicapped room not ideal. We spent five consecutive days in Hilton properties. This should have been the best but was the worst. David Stam

per night .

per night . The last night they had a wedding party in the bar that was loud, drunk and obnoxious. Regular hotel guests could not get service, we had to stand st the bar for 20 minutes to be served. Wedding guests at after party took chairs from the table we were sitting at. We finally ended up sitting in the parking lot with our drinks

Request a room away from the dungeon area

We booked two rooms, and requested them to be next to each other or as close as possible. That was granted, but I think it put us in an odd part of the hotel. We were in an awkward labyrinth behind conference rooms, very dungeon-like. The rooms were damp, the carpet felt like it had recently been steam cleaned. We requested alarm clocks and extra towels for both rooms but never received these items. Eventually we just helped ourselves to four towels from the housekeeping cart, and purchased an app that functioned as a digital clock. Our stay was fine but definitely not worth the expense.

Great hotel but bummed

-There was a used bar of soap left in the shower, which grossed me out. -My husband and I went to order rooms service and relax before we checked out, something we cant do at home, and when we went to turn the tv on it wasn't working. So I called down to the front desk and they said yes when it rains like this we loose our TV and no eta of when it was coming back. It was just disappointing, we cancelled breakfast and checked out.

Nice location....not so nice staff.

The way my wife and I were greeted. Not a friendly staff at all. And they put us by the indoor pool. We could here people all the time even when the neighbors went to the bathroom, You could here them peeing.

Hotel location

Nice stay, just not nice service at the Irons

The waitress we had for dinner at The Irons was not friendly at all, but when my significant other and I returned for breakfast the following morning, the staff then was way more pleasant. The food overall was mediocre at best, but that's expected when eating at a restaurant in a hotel.

The location was perfect, as it was close to everything in Mystic. The rooms were clean, the sheets changed after each night's sleep was a plus, and we were accommodated right away which was very nice.

Wonderful experiences in Mystic
    • King Room - Disability Access

Wifi could have been faster and easier to connect.

I enjoyed everything here. The hotel is convenient to go anywhere in Mystic. Staff here are very nice and there is also free shuttle bus.

It would have been perfect if I got the actual room I booked

I booked a king sized room and ended up with 2 full beds and a tiny bathroom. This was a little disappointing. I was given free breakfast for my inconvenience.

The rooms are very clean, the staff are extremely nice. The location is perfectly placed in the heart of Mystic.

Great hotel! Bad restaurant!

The food in the Irons, the hotel restaurant, terrible!!! We got dinner once there, such a bad idea! I had the "brick chicken" so salty, buttery way over seasoned! I could tell it wasn't fresh, frozen I squeezed the chicken and the water/grease came poring out....it was served with asparagus again so salty, and half cut roasted potatoes with I believe were deep fried because somehow there was French fried mixed in with them??? The whole dish was inedible. And if your going to call it brick chicken, get a cooking brick cover it with Tin foil and put it in a sautéed pan to create a dark crispy crust on one side of the chicken! Take my advice, revise it, it was disgusting!

The staff was very accommodating our room was far away at first and with 2 small kids that wasn't good, we asked and they moved us without hesitation! Staff was awesome, room was always cleaned everyday, great location across the road from aquarium!

Browse Hilton Mystic traveller photo gallery