Reviews of Hilton New Orleans Riverside 4 stars

Two Poydras Street, Downtown New Orleans, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA

#64 of 148 hotels in New Orleans

• One King Bed

The bed was heavenly! The staff made sure we were satisfied and made sure we got everything we wanted in a timely manner. The check-out process was a breeze.

• City View - 1 King Bed

I asked for a view of the city and got and got the back of a building to look at. I also asked for a premium room and had to rooms that connected to my room.

The property was clean and very close to Downtown New Orleans.

• Two Queen Beds

The price for a beer was way to high that the only negative thing I can say.

The drinks are priced to high. The Breakfast was really good for the price and the service was very good The comfort of the room was very good. The location to the shopping mall was very convenient

No free beignets

Perfect location! Close it is to the Port of NOLA(we took the streetcar to the end and walked the other half way) & how close it is to Bourbon Street!

• River View Two Queen Beds

The Staff Was rude!!!! Our 1st room was ready at 3.00 P.M. But our second room didn't get read until 1:30 a.m. in the morning.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the rooms were dirty and look like they had been rushed over on the cleaning. This was me and my wife's 19th anniversary. And it was a total disaster. I will never stay there again...........

• City View with Two Queen Beds

I had to pay a rediculous price to park as a guest of the hotel. Nothing complimentary for the very high price I paid. Would never stay there or recommend. I purchased the room for a certain price online but get there and it an extra two hundred dollars of hidden fees.

It had a bed and was close to where I needed to go

• Two Queen Beds with Access Tub - Disability Access

My room was not up ron hilton standards, picture hanging off wall, dirty shower curtain, mold around the tub and sub par room cleaning

location to the Port

• Two Queen Beds with Access Tub - Disability Access

Trouble with billing. They offered an upgraded room which included free wi-fi for $35 per night. Problem was they disregarded the booking.com rate. I have cleared that up but still have pending charges for the free WiFi. Working on that. Certainly a disatisfyer

Much cleaner than previous years

The pool area

Russell at the Concierge was an awesome help! Although I think the pool area could use some snazz, like maybe a hot tub and a bar! Otherwise, great location, great Dragos and great staff! Awesome hotel and yes, I will stay here again!

• City View with Two Queen Beds

The room was much warmer than normal and never really cooled down

We stay @ this property about twice a year and love the location! The staff is always very helpful as well....we will most certainly stay with them again soon

• One King Bed

The Bathroom needs a good look at. Overall nice, but joints between walls and floor etc. are not up to the standard (and hint of a lack of maintenance) that we expect of a Hilton property. We also question whether disposable eating utensils are appropriate even for breakfast in this (generally excellent) site. At checkout an overcharge error question was dealt with promptly and in a friendly manner.

The Bedroom with the view across the Mississippi river was excellent and appreciated. Proximity to transport-including Amtrak Station, Streetcars, Riverboats and Cruise Terminal-and the French Quarter very good.

• River View 1 King Murphy Parlor Suite - Hearing Accessible

When I called about the day of my trip the operator was very rude and not helpful! My ice maker was broke and had a dead bug in there. The parking was horrible.

The room size was awesome! But I had a birthday gathering there and they charge me $2 a box to transport my food and decorations and I didn’t have the option to transport my own items so I had no choice but to pay and the room I got was for gatherings so I feel that should have been included and my opinion to give a tip. (Even though I would have given a tip anyway)

• Premium 1 King

Was very surprised they only made our bed and replaced our towels! We had a tray the first day they didn’t take, did not replenish tea/ cups ( my husband went down and got me tea), the coffee maker was not plug in , we finally got it working for my tea and it ran dirty water.

Everyone was very nice and helpful. We had a partial view of the Mississippi. Was very surprised with a Birthday welcome gift & Loved it!! Thanks

• River View 1 King Murphy Parlor Suite - Hearing Accessible

It was a little bit noisy but could be because I was there during the medical conference period. Otherwise everything was good

Great location, excellent staff. I loved the room and it was very spacious. The room service was spot on too. Overall highly recommended place to stay in NOLA

• River View Two Queen Beds

The bed was extremely uncomfortable, would have rather slept on the floor or in a haunted hotel. The bathroom smelled like a football locker room. Wifi is extra unless you are a member of Hilton Honors (had I known, I would have booked elsewhere). Parking was also extra and not at much of a discounted rate for being a guest. The price quoted through Booking was changed upon checking into the hotel due to all the added fees.

The location and proximity to near by attractions was good. Still required quite a bit of walking, but prepared for it.

• Two Queen Beds

1. Hotel Price gauging 2. Extortion prices at hotel restaurants 3. $50.00 a night for valet parking... most cities is $30.00 4. small rooms .. need bigger suites

the location valet parking bell hops friendly staff

• River View 1 King Bed

There wasn't anything I didn't like.

The staff, the view, the hotel all in all could not have been any better! This was as close to perfect as you could get!

• One King Bed

I came back to my room one afternoon about 2:00 and housekeeping had none cleaned my room yet. I had to get ready for an event that started at 5, which resulted in me contacting someone via text to express my displeasure and request that they wait until I leave the room again to clean. When I got back it was half cleaned but since I was checking out on the morning I let it go. If this was my first time at your property I would give a low rating but because it wasn't I chalked it up to a staff issue .

• Two Queen Beds with Access Tub - Disability Access

I thought I was to be upgraded to a room on a higher floor but I don't think we did because the extra $30 was not added to the total. Was bummed about that but we weren't going to be there much so it didn't matter much, it was just for the aesthetic. Also, having our WiFi turned off because of a confusion about our payment was not my favorite thing in the world.

I wanted to spoil myself on this trip and I sure did. Amazing location, aesthetic and food. I slept for 11 hours our first night which was more then I had gotten in days due to a string of early flights and whatnot, so it felt really amazing to be that comfortable

• City View with Two Queen Beds

There was old food in the refrigerator and a roach in the bathroom. Also, the information of paying $44 a night to park at the hotel was not provided at the time of us booking.

• One King Bed

The walls are very thin, the bed and pillows were not as comfortable as I would of liked.

Hotel was very convenient to every place we wanted or needed to go to.

• Two Queen Beds with Access Tub - Disability Access

Pillows a little too soft & the wifi wasn't free which was disappointing.

Bed comfy although pillows could have been a bit firmer. Great view from room, staff very pleasant.

• Two Queen Beds with Access Tub - Disability Access

I did not like that on top of the room fee I had to pay to use the fitness center! I understand if you want a personal trainer or a class with an instructer that should come at an additional fee but just to use the free weights or treadmill! I also did not like the cost of the garage on top of the cost of the room. The staff were not welcoming at all! Not one of them had a smile or even a friendly tone when speaking to them.

The location was excellent and I loved that there was a fitness center.

• Two Queen Beds with Access Tub - Disability Access

Food service for the convention. Servers were too stressed. Poor service and Food was just ok for a very large group.

The hotel from the desk to the bellmen were very friendly and had wonderful attitutudes

• One King Bed - Hearing Accessible

The staff were rude. Breakfast was just absolute chaos. We left a message in reception for our friends who checked 10 minutes after us. They never received it!!

• One King Bed - Hearing Accessible

The facilities could not cope with the amount of people. Breakfast was a complete zoo with cold food and many items missing e.g. breads, butter, fruit. Bad tempered staff

Nothing tasted fresh and items missing and what was there was cold.

• Two Queen Beds

Room key didn’t work at the garage, had to use credit card so I was charged twice, when called billing department Rebecca was rude the whole 8 minutes that I talked to her and kept saying that I Should’ve called somebody at the garage to solve my problem and now I have to send a copy of my credit card statement to PROOF that I payed twice and of course didn’t solve my problem

Very nice hotel with excellent location, desk staff was very nice and helpful, beautiful room with nice view of the Mississippi River.

• Two Queen Beds with Access Tub - Disability Access

Can't say anything negative.

The room and all the gadgets was phenomenal. I would like for my family members to book their next vacation or business adventures by using booking.com. Loved it all. Thank you.

• City View - 1 King Bed

How far the walk to get to the room was once in the hotel,so if u forget something you've got a walk ahead of you. I stayed 5th floor Building 3 room 5068 almost end of hallway. Room does have a river view and overlooks one of many pool areas.that lights up in blue at night.

Location, the mall within, quite.

• One King Bed

the only thing that could have made my trip better would have been if my horse had won.

the facility was first class in every way. I was upgraded to executive class I don't know why. my front desk clerk was very positive.

• City View - 1 King Bed

I contacted the reservation department to ask about my late check in due to flight delay and the operators were totally useless. I was calling from Europe and I explained that my flight was delayed and that I would check in late night and asked about how should I proceed, since I did not want to have my reservation canceled. To learn that they could not do anything. Totally clueless custumer services. I finally called for the third time to the front desk. There I got help. It took me 30 minutes and three international calls.

• City View - 1 King Bed

Hope the policy of overbooking should be revised.

I think the major asset in this hotel is the staffs who are polite and courteous. They were calm in dealing with stress. They managed the situation very well. Apart from that, what to say about the room? Everything in it is very good.

• One King Bed

First off I worked in the hotel industry for 7+ years i noticed a lot AC vent by the window had mildew on it pressure from shower was low no microwave in room no

Location,room view,pool,dining..

• City View with Two Queen Beds

Didn't mind paying to stay but when you have spent a good bit staying you shouldn't have to pay to leave also, i can see if you got free breakfast.....

It was clean and the staff was friendly!

• City View - 1 King Bed

The bed was perfect and the view was amazing! Loved being able to see the lights on the bridge while laying in bed, very romantic. The location was absolutely perfect walking distance to everywhere we wanted to go too!

Wifi initially seemed not to be free until we obtained a code - not great in a pretty expensive hotel. No bathrobes. Some rooms in building 2 suffer from noise from the trains beeping before going over an unmanned level crossing.

Beds were comfortable, staff were all very friendly, good bars within the hotel. Great location for the Convention Centre.

• Premium 1 King

We paid roughly $500 a night, Not exactly a fair deal by anyones standards. So I really feel like we were ripped off!!

Breakfast was good and the valet staff was very curtious and swift.

• City View with Two Queen Beds

The price of the food, Timely manner of just a request for 2 glasses. How I was spoken to about recieving those glasses as if I would decline because of the wait of 20 to 30mins for just glasses

Location was good not too far to walk to burbon street.

• Two Queen Beds

I did not like walking in on people that had the room occupied that was given to us. I didn’t like that breakfast of parking was not included.

The location of the hotel and the amenities that was attached to the hotel.

• Two Queen Beds

Our bathroom was not clean. Hair in the shower, stains on the underside of the toilet seat, stains on the towels, and missing box of tissues despite fancy box cover sitting on the sink.

Great location, good staff, easy pickup/drop off for ride-share. Lively 1st floor restaurant and nice casual coffee spot on 2nd floor. Also really like the 2nd floor registration, as it prevents bottleneck with the influx of tourists and those enjoying the lobby.

• River View Two Queen Beds

The front desk gave me a different price than booking did at check in. It was resolved after about 10 minutes. Uncomfortable situation.

The view was great! The restaurant in the lobby had great oysters!

• Two Queen Beds with Access Tub - Disability Access

On the day of departure, check out is before noon. From around 830 and every hour up until then the house keeping staff knocked on the door to see what time I would be departing. Highly annoying.

The check in was simple, and met with ease. The receptionist was very helping in a simple matter that we needed assistance with. The stay was excellent.

• City View with Two Queen Beds

Parking fee ridiculous, still had to walk a long way to get car. The elevators were confusing, some accessing some floors, some accessing parking garages...

The location was wonderful

• River View 1 King Bed

Every time I left my room and returned-I had to go back to the front desk and get a new key card. I had to do this three times. The cost of the room was extremely high!!!

The room was clean

• Two Queen Beds with Roll in Shower - Disability Access

no breakfast, room has an old feeling with stained and smelly carpet..the towels had a weird odour...still manageable but not what you expect from a hilton..

the location is good .. next to the casino and the riverfront...otherwise a normal hotel..nothing great.

• One King Bed

The most confusing hotel layout in existence. The check-in counter is on a floor of its own. (From ground floor you have to take an escalator to second floor and another mini-escalator and walk around - very little guidance to find as well) The Hotel has over 2000 rooms and 2 different garages. Elevators are not properly labeled. My wife and I took 2 elevators approximately 10 feet away from each other to the same floor and ended up in 2 different buildings. Parking garage has few entrances into the hotel. We walked all of downtown New Orleans and the most exhaustive part of our trip was walking to our room or our car in the garage.

Amenities and rooms were as expected for a standard Hilton Hotel. This Hilton has a nice location that is definitely within walking distance of shopping and nightlife in New Orleans.

• Two Queen Beds

Hotel did not register a change of credit card. They charged for the room BEFORE check in . Room had no view of anything except a car park. WiFi - had to ask for the code. Ge

• One King Bed

PARKING....Very inaccessible.... Far......Far.....Far.....Away from the entrance of the hotel or from the check-in counter.......Terrible, terrible, seemed like its public parking is hidden in the mountains of Burundi!!!

There is no FREE WIFI in this hotel.

• Two Queen Beds

Walking so far to get from building 2 to outside was a pain, but manageable. Wish we were notified before booking where are room was located. Also, paid parking needs to be advertised. $44 for overnight parking is a shock when this should be complimentary if you're staying at the hotel or at the very least discounted substantially.

Room was very clean and staff was very friendly!

• One King Bed

While booking i would have liked to be notified that the parking wasn't included in the price of the hotel.

The pillows were very fluffy, and there was an in-room safe.

• Two Queen Beds

Housekeeping didn't replace creamer supplies😞 For our coffees. Wifi access required joining Hilton loyalty program joining AQSC paddle steamer to Memphis

Great location for our paddle steamer cruise. Street car stop is right out front and close proximity to tourist attractions.

• One King Bed

The parking for hotel guests is 44 dollars per 24h which is much more expensive that other parking close by. The hotel was really understaffed at check-in. We booked a smoking room but were told that the hotel doesn’t actually have any. We also requested our rooms to be on two different floors during booking and they still gave us rooms on the same floor. We were upgrading by the staff to a room with a view and the only thing we could see was the concrete wall of the parking garage. Overall this hotel is just average and way too expensive for the price we paid.

Our room was clean. The hotel is located close to the casino and the French quarter.

• Two Queen Beds

Waiting to get into room was unacceptable. At 3:30 I was told the rooms were still not ready we had 3 small children who were very tired. I had to demand they find us a room because it would have been a longer wait for the rooms originally assigned to us. I think we got a less desirable room because of that even though I paid for a better room. The room was not like pictures much smaller. The room was very dusty and I don’t think the beds were queen size.

Location was good and the place was beautiful

• City View with Two Queen Beds

Our neighbors were VERY loud, I did have to call front desk 2x/ they did send someone to quiet them down. It was 2 am.

Spacious, very clean rooms. Service great. Location perfect. The mall located or I should say connected with hotel was great, so its like you never had to leave the hotel, good shopping and BONUS Cafe du monde in the food court. Gym amazing, and cable cars easy access.

• Two Queen Beds

The room was cold most of the time. I had to call twice for maintenance but the room temperature remained uncomfortable. Now my husband has the flu. the parking price are too high. Its ridiculous , I paid $100 for two days. TERRIBLE . I will not come back to this hotel in March 2018

The décor and staff were excellent . the bed was wonderful

• River View 1 King Bed

The price for parking in the Hilton garage is outrageously high for guests. I don’t think guests should have to pay to self park in the hotel garage

Location and comfort

• One King Bed

Everything was top notch. We got a great value because we went during Christmas weekend and the rates were amazing. Parking was a little steep and we opted to park at the Harrahs which gave us a day of free parking as long as we gambled a minimum of 30 minutes which we were going to do anyway. Staff was amazing and check in and check out was quick. The room was large had a great bed and the city view was amazing. The location was terrific, across the street from the Casino, 2 blocks from Canal Street and right next door to the shopping center and river walk. Overall this is a 5 star property. We will definitely recommend this location and stay here again!!

• One King Bed

My room was not clean.When I went there there was a cup of coffee used by somebody else.I asked for assistance and I wait 20 minutes behind the door and nobody showed up.So I had to go downstairs to the reception and to fix the problem.I stated 3 days and nobody cleaned my room or changed the towels.I had no shampoo for 3 days so I had to use soap.In the ground I saw ants moving everywhere.I am sorry to say that i had a bad experience in Hilton!!!!

I did like the location of the hotel.the accommodation of the room and the restorants inside the hotel

• Two Queen Beds

There was some noise in the pips in the walls. Others noticed it and you were looking into it. The next day it was still there. Not bad unless trying to go to sleep. Loudest in the bathrooms.

Ocation

• Two Queen Beds

I didn’t like the breakfast buffet, the Starbucks you couldn’t use a star bucks gift card, and the room was okay, not what the picture shows online. At least not the room I stayed in.

I like the layout of the hotel and the location of the hotel was close to the casino. You can enter the outlet mall from inside the hotel. The staff was extraordinarily with assisting us with any concerns.

• Two Queen Beds

We had small maintenance issues in our room but nothing major. The parking garage we parked in was a little distance the check in desk!

Friendly Staff and great location with the restaurant in the building, the casino and mall both in walking distance.

• One King Bed

The noise level is unbearable and the prices were ridiculous. $4 for a cup of coffee in New Orleans give me a break

I did like the access to the Riverwalk Mall

• Two Queen Beds

Paying for parking and not knowing in advance

The house keeping specialists named “Deshon” cleaned and restocked or room better than when we first checked in. I went as far as to call management to let them know. You can tell she really cares about her job and other people’s comfort.

• 1 King Bed with Access Tub - Disability Accessible

Building complex is huge and hard to navigate. Registration is on second floor,,there is no place to idle car while checking in, and parking cost is outrageous, $44 at present.

• City View with Two Queen Beds

I did not like that parking was not included with the room and cost an additional $44/night. I also did not like that I had to be a Hilton member to use the room WiFi.

I enjoyed the view from my room and the cleanliness. I also liked how close it was to the river and Bourbon St.

• River View Two Queen Beds

The front desk staff Kelly was really unfriendly and didn't think for the guest. In order to catch up with the flight, we decided to check out at 5 a.m. and leave at 5:30 a.m. with 30 minutes for the procedures. While my friends checked out with the other staff, they get the receipt with two people's name who stayed in the hotel easily. However, when I told Kelly to do so, she refused and claimed that she could only have one name on the receipt and it was "hotel policy". We need the names as evidence for reimbursement, so the "hotel policy" was really inconvenient for the guests. What's more, I handed her with two rooms' cards but she only checked out for one and ignored the other room. Even when I reminded her, she strongly refuted but later found the cards on her table without saying sorry. Then, she could not find the other room under our name, which would be the fault of the staff when we checked in who wrote down the wrong number or name. The whole process was really unpleasant and made us 20 minutes late for leaving. I don't know if her bad attitude is related to the fact we are Asians and not natives. The experience showed that the staff need to be more professional and stop making such low level mistakes making the guests' trip really unpleasant!

Right next to the river and the convention center.

• One King Bed

Since the moment we arrived till the moment ami left everything was great. Staff was very kind and helpful. The room was clean, beds comfortable, good sense of space. Excellent location. Next to the outlet riverwalk, walking distance to Fulton street, Canal street, streetcars, The Casino, Malls and many other things. It was one the best choices i have made about choosing a hotel.

• One King Bed

Self service laundry would be nice

Spacious rooms buffet was great. Really want to come back with more relaxed itinerary. Easy access, Draco was amazing. Love access to mass. Couldn't do riverboat due to weather

• River View 1 King Bed - Hearing Accessible

Half-hour wait to check in at midnight on a Saturday night. Side note: If there are two of you, take a taxi ($36 for two) from airport to hotel rather than the airport shuttle ($24 per person). Taxi was MUCH faster than the shuttle. We waited 40 minutes for a shuttle at the airport then the ride took an hour by the time we stopped at all the hotels that were ahead of ours on the route.

Great view of river. Easy walk (10 minutes) to convention center and plenty of restaurants. Tram to French Quarter. Business center enabled me to print last-minute edits to my presentation.

• Two Queen Beds

Didn't appreciate the fact that the staff never told me it was $40/day for parking. I paid more for parking than I did to rent the car. They didn't seem to care when I complained either. Made no effort to right the wrong.

Property was beautiful and in a convenient location. Connected to the outlet mall, but slightly far walking distance from Bourbon St.

• Two Queen Beds with Access Tub - Disability Access

I was disappointed that the little spot on second floor was out of muffins before 9 o'clock on a Friday morning.

The bed was very comfortable and the room was quite quiet. The hotel is very close to cruise pier.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

• One King Bed

Karin the staff member that checked us in was very pleasant and truly seemed to care that our stay was a good one. She text us upon settling in our room to make sure we were in the room and everything was good. Above average customer service from this young lady !!!! Will be back.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

• One King Bed

The Hotel is charging for room stay on top of what I already paid for thru Booking . Booking pre pay of $239.48 for 1 night stay. Hotell charged me $230 for eating at Dragos which I never did and charging me another room fee of $204 + $7 tax + $.88 tourism + $35.18 taxes + $38.94 + $5.06 tax. Why do I pay another room charge when I already paid thru Booking? NOT RIGHT

comfortable room

• City View - 1 King Bed

The parking was extremely expensive. $44 to self park and $49 for valet. That wasn’t mentioned or able to be found anywhere until I went to check in. There’s really no other place to street park around this hotel, either, so you’re pretty much stuck.

We were upgraded to a river view, for free. The bed was super comfy. The shampoo and conditioner were high end, which I didn’t expect.

• Two Queen Beds with Access Tub - Disability Access

Hot water in shower was inconsistent, would occasionally turn cold. I was disappointed I could not get Hilton Honors points by booking through Booking.com

Browse Hilton New Orleans Riverside traveller photo gallery