Reviews of Hilton New Orleans / St. Charles Avenue This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

333 Saint Charles Avenue, Downtown New Orleans, New Orleans, LA 70130, United States of America

#50 of 148 hotels in New Orleans

• Reviewed: July 16, 2018

Comfortable sleep n customer services n valet guys was very...
    • King Room - Disability Access

Room service wasn't that clean and didn't want to give you towels took to long.

Comfortable sleep n customer services n valet guys was very friendly.

• Reviewed: July 16, 2018

The worse Hilton I’ve ever stayed in
    • Executive Double Room - Hearing Accessible

It was dated , has an odor and we were on 19 floor no view they have these curtains all around the wall which were stained and these two little windows very disappointed because I always use Hilton’s this was the worse one ever then they also charged me for another night in which I didn’t even stay there.

The executive lounge was great Sharon who worked in the lounge was awesome

• Reviewed: July 11, 2018

Conveniently locate to Convention Center and Mercedes Benz Superdome
    • Executive King Room

There was no microwave in the rooms as indicated on the website. Nor was there an onsite pool. Also, the website had said self parking was an option. But there was only valet parking at three times cost of self parking.

The full breakfast and after cocktails for guests staying in the executive suites.

• Reviewed: June 28, 2018

Someone stole my iphone from my luggage while I was waiting...
    • One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

Someone stole my iphone from my luggage while I was waiting on my room to be cleaned. I informed the receptionist and an Assistant Manager who stated that he was going to help me locate it. He left to do something else and after waiting 20 minutes, I left. I thought my property was going to be secure, that is why I let the bellhop take them until my room was ready. Needless to say, I'm EXTREAMLY UPSET!!!

• Reviewed: June 15, 2018

Is this Hilton?

Did not clean my room at the first day... Not clean... plates with food will be on the floor for all day/night... The lounge on the 7th floor is not clean, contently missing cutlery (including the plastic)...

• Reviewed: June 14, 2018

In walking distance to Bourbon street

That the full payment was not taken off my credit card when I booked. They only took off payment for 1 night and I had to pay for the other night when I checked in

In walking distance to Bourbon street

• Reviewed: May 31, 2018

Clean and nice location
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

Internet advertised there was a pool and hot tub but there was not. The second night, I asked where the hot tub was located and was told “we haven’t had one in a year”

Clean and nice location

• Reviewed: May 31, 2018

Friendly people. Fantastic food. Great town.
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible

Not up to Hilton standards. Room did not have a shower curtain when we arrived. Asked the front desk multiple times. On the 4th try, day 3 we talked with a woman manager 5/3/18 that agreed that this was unacceptable and we had one for our last day. Staff did not follow up. Had we slipped and fell in the soaking wet shower room we may have had a quicker response. Needless to say, we tipped housekeeping a little extra.

Historic hotel with lots of great detail. Clean, quiet and great location.

• Reviewed: May 30, 2018

overall our stay was horrible. Never will we stay here again. Too many issues and problems

The fact that we had to wait 3 hours past our check in time to get a room because the front desk told us they didn’t have enough clean linens is inexcusable. Valet ran my cars passenger tires against the curb trying to avoid a car he turned in front of almost causing an accident. Room was half cleaned. Tub was dirty, sink had hair in it along with a used bandaid taped to the countertop. The lobby of the hotel had an awful sewage smell. Dishes stayed out in front of doors from room service all day. The refrigerator was warm in the room, safe didn’t work. Hotel staff member walked in on me and my wife during a very intimate moment even though we had the do not disturb sign on the door on the morning of checkout at 10:20. Checkout is at 11am. And now I get up and check my bank account and they have charged me twice for my stay, overdrafting my card on file so now I have to call them and get this straight and make a deposit in my bank before other payments start getting returned. My wife’s birthday weekend was ruined. Days later and she’s still upset about it. Drove 400 miles from Houston Texas just to be disappointed. We’ll never stay at this location again. Staff was friendly but very unorganized, valet was very rude and disrespectful to people’s autos. Driving fast and running over curbs. Too much headache for the $676 two night stay. Someone from corporate needs to contact me and do all they can to straighten this out because it’s ridiculous for any human being to be treated the way the Hilton treated us. We wanted to stay in an upscale hotel on a very special weekend but were treated like we were staying in a rent the rooms by the hour establishment. Plain deplorable. My husband and I will never forget this weekend. Not for the good memories it should of been but for the complete disaster it really was!!!

Location was great. Executive suite we stayed in was on the 10th floor. Very quiet

• Reviewed: May 30, 2018

We will not be staying at this hotel again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

For a luxury hotel one would expect every thing to be perfect. However, while not everything can be perfect there are some expectations that should always be met. Our room did not have a shower curtain and it took nearly 10 hours to get one. The first morning we were there, all of the water sources in the room produced nothing but scalding hot water...including the toilet. Because of this they allowed us access to a suite 10 floors up to use the bathroom...which is very inconvenient. The lobby smelled like a combination of crawfish and lavender during our entire stay. If I would have come off the street to book my stay I would have turned around and gone somewhere else. It was as if they were trying to cover up a bad smell. Lastly, the valet parking was poorly managed. When we first arrived they told us to give them a 20 minute notice if we needed to use our vehicle. However, on the morning of our departure, after I attempted to call valet unsuccessfully, I went downstairs to inform them that we would be ready to leave soon. When I got down there he informed me that because there wasn't a wait I needed to inform him 5 minutes prior to my departure.

The appearance of the hotel is luxury. The rooms are very clean and nicely laid out.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

Great location , but that's not enough to make it a worthwhile experience . Very disappointed.
    • Executive King Room

The website says,they have a pool but they removed the pool 2 months ago . Staff said they have an agreement with the Intercontinental across thev street but that was not true. Had to call 3 times for room cleaning service.

• Reviewed: May 28, 2018

Amateur
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

The elevator broke and my wife and I were stuck for 20 minutes. The checkout experience was awful the older gentleman was eccentric at best but was just plain unprofessional and talked about sexually harrassing women.

It had a bed and shower

• Reviewed: May 26, 2018

No pool or jacuzzi as explained on website.
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible

No pool or jacuzzi as explained on website. Parking had to be paid for after it said it was included overall not a good experience at the hotel very misleading

• Reviewed: May 21, 2018

Location was great.

Location was great. You can pretty much walk to all attractions. Approximately 8-10 minute walk to Bourbon street. Lots of great restaurants in the area. The hotel bar is always busy and has happy hour oysters! Staff were friendly and always willing to help. I would recommend this property to anyone travelling to New Orleans.

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

It was great other than the check out process.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

The billing process was rather difficult to handle. Instead of charging my credit card at one time for all three nights they charged it each day and my card company put a freeze on my account which lead to other issues during my trip. The bill was very confusing and when I questioned the billing process they gave me the run around. I feel like I over paid for the rooms I had. I reserved a corner room for extra space and did not get the room I booked. I was still charged extra for the room. I would also recommend a pool!

Very friendly staff. Close to everything and very clean!

• Reviewed: May 12, 2018

Nice hotel, well placed for accessing all of New Orleans
    • One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

Upon check-in, the room I had reserved 3 months prior to my arrival was not available. I was not happy about that and no what I expect from Hilton hotels.

• Reviewed: May 8, 2018

Great location, but tired and expensive.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

It’s an old hotel that’s had a facelift a few times, but it’s still an old hotel. Bathroom sink had a crack in it that leaked water onto towels stored below. Slow drain. Noise from other rooms and outside. Broken panes of glass in windows. Room service ridiculously long wait. Restaurant poorly managed with many empty tables but a host who couldn’t manage to get people seated.

The only good thing is location.

• Reviewed: May 7, 2018

Needs not met

I stayed 2days in LA both at Hilton properties. The swimming pool was out of order at each property. My 7yr old daughter was very upset. I also tried to order room service and number wasn't working. I was not happy considering the price I paid to stay

• Reviewed: May 6, 2018

Clean, hospitable and good location
    • Corner Room with 2 Double Beds

I didnt like that guest services sent a man to our room after 5pm sho knocked loudly on our door and scared us ...just said he was from guest services..since we were not expecting anyone it was startling. Called front desk and the girl said the didnt send anyone...then finally managed said they did sent someone to deliver a thank you and chocolates...needless to say we were freaked out,didnt open door and didnt ever get thank you card or chocolates:( Next time have housekeeping place on room when they tidy up as to not scare hotel guests in the future. I have always been told not to open your door to anyone !!

I liked that it was a very clean hotel but the lobby had a sewer smell issue

• Reviewed: May 4, 2018

Overall good stay
    • Executive King Room

There was no pool or whirlpool that was described as an amenity when I booked. I was looking forward to the whirlpool. The executive breakfast could have had more food selections

The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean. The staff was excellent

• Reviewed: April 24, 2018

It was in awesome proximity to the French quarter, walking distance to everything we wanted to go.

The pillows were awful, they felt clumpy and got flat in seconds. Also noticed a lot of room service trays sitting outside the room for a day or two. Also people still smoke, get a butt holder for out front

I like that they allowed us to check in earlier than expected as well as holding our bag until we officially got a room for free! Everyone was really friendly as well that worked there

• Reviewed: April 23, 2018

Location was great!
    • Executive King Room

It smelled like death every time we entered the main entrance. We didn’t have any hot water the first day we were there. The bed & pillows were very uncomfortable. The only thing that helped this stay was that we booked it at a discount.

Location was great!

• Reviewed: April 20, 2018

The bed was very comfortable.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

The pocket doors were very squeaky and we ordered room service for two and it was cold and only came with one set of silverware.

The bed was very comfortable. It was nice to have the suite with a sofa to relax on when in the room and the shower was very roomy too.

• Reviewed: April 17, 2018

The BEST hotel value in the French Quarter!!
    • Executive King Room

The street car runs right past the front entrance--there is a taxi stand across the street. With our Hilton Rewards Card we were able to visit the concierge floor with complimentary breakfast & a happy hour (Fri only). The scrambled eggs were some of the best I've ever had in a restaurant! Our room was clean & comfortable. The staff is the friendliest you'll find--they can't do enough for you & seem very sincere. We would definitely stay there again whenever we visit NOLA!

• Reviewed: April 13, 2018

The Hotel gets an A+ from us!
    • Corner Room with 2 Double Beds

The hotel was beautiful. The staff was helpful & courteous. While we were staying at the hotel, the film crew for NCIS NEW ORLEANS was right outside the hotel. We got to watch them. The restaurant Luke was absolutely amazing.

• Reviewed: April 12, 2018

Electric went out for over an hour.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Electric went out for over an hour. Room temperature kept changing on us. The beds are very uncomfortable. Staff is not up to date on how things are done.

• Reviewed: April 10, 2018

This was a great property, great location.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

This was a great property, great location. The staff were really nice and the breakfast was a nice perk, as well. Most hotels have terrible coffee, but it was surprisingly good here! We enjoyed our stay here and would definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: April 9, 2018

I enjoyed our room, helpful staff, and great location.
    • King Room with Spa Bath

We ordered the King bed suite with spa bath from Booking.com. We ordered this specifically for the spa bath. The room did not come with a spa bath. When talking to the staff, the hotel has not had a spa bath in any room for 7 years. The staff was very helpful in helping us find a room that was a better fit for us.

The staff was extremely helpful. Our room was not what we expected. They went out of their way to show us 3 others that would work for us, particularly the night manager. They also stored our luggage when we returned from our cruise for the day while we waited for our flight that night. They did this for free.

• Reviewed: April 9, 2018

A lovely stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Staff was incredibly friendly The peace of mind knowing our car was safe was worth paying the parking. The location is perfect slightly away from the chaos of Bourbon street but walking distance away. Rooms were clean and a great size.

• Reviewed: April 8, 2018

Totally good
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible

When I checked out, they said they cannot print the paper-based invoice, asking me to wait for two hours. It is non-sense. I insisted the immediate paper-based invoice. They finally solved it.

The location is very good.

• Reviewed: March 22, 2018

Disappointing for the price. Shame on me, next time I will do a better job of researching.

The room was inadequate. Very small bathroom. No dresser for your clothes. No chairs to relax in only one “desk” chair. No blanket on the bed (have to ask for one). We showed up on a Sunday then left Wednesday and had to pay $110 in parking fees because the hotel doesn’t offer a parking area. Only valet at $42.00 a day. I can go on...

The staff

• Reviewed: March 20, 2018

Rooms were clean and comfortable.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

More variety of hot food on the breakfast buffet. Better wines for the happy hour.

Rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff was amazing, so friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: March 19, 2018

My stay here was pleasant, and on-brand with the Hilton family.

I was excited to learn I had a room on the top floor (19th), but when we got up there, it had tiny tiny windows. Not the worst problem to have, but was hoping for a view.

This property's staff was super helpful. Not only did they help me with a change in my schedule they didn't have to, but there was always someone around to help and ask if I needed something.

• Reviewed: March 16, 2018

We certainly stay here again!

We arrive after regular check in and had to wait 1.5 hours for our room to be ready. However we were complemented with breakfast in the executive lounge for breakfast and cocktails.

• Reviewed: March 15, 2018

New Orleans is an amazing city! Good Hotel but does not quite live up to the expected standards.
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible

Room were only made up upon request. I had to go down not once but every single day of my stay after a long day of conferences to ask for the room to being made. Quite a joke considering charging over $220 per night, staying nearly an entire week.

Great Restaurant with very good food in the Hotel that can also be ordered when staying in. Highly recommended!

Would not recommended
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Staff was unprepared upon checkin and not professional when explaining they are dealing with 200 people checkin and out. We received a 2-3 calls each morning with no answer. We had to call front desk 2x to ask for water in the hotel gym and when we called front desk from room no one ever answered.

Size of room

• Reviewed: March 15, 2018

Great location, room and attentive staff.
    • Executive King Room

Our rate included breakfast and happy hour. Rooms were totally and very nicely remodeled. Staff was very attentive and friendly. Location two blocks off Canal street was excellent for walking to the river front and French Quarters.

• Reviewed: March 14, 2018

Staff were very friendly and helpful.
    • Executive King Room

Could not check in early at 2.00 pm even when the rooms were ready. Bad management decision, does not give stafff fexibility and so did not meet my needs. Hotel more of a 3 Star European standard.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Beds comfortable Very good location

• Reviewed: March 7, 2018

Will not stay here again.

The property was older and could have been a bit more updated. The valet service was terrible and the Hilton did nothing to rectify the situation, they only told me that they were third party and they had no control over them. I was also given a room that was already occupied, which is something that i prayed would not happen with my room. Everyone is not honest and someone could have gotten robbed in that situation.

• Reviewed: March 7, 2018

Great location, but...

The hotel lobby provided coffee in the morning for their guests. They happen to be out of creamer one morning and I asked if they could restock. I was told I could go down to the corner store and get some milk. The room was cleaned every day but the staff did not replenish the room coffee, tea’s, shampoo, conditioner, or lotion. We were also shorted on towels. Parking was $42 a Day.

The location was just a few blocks from the French quarter. Great walking distance to all the fun.

• Reviewed: March 1, 2018

I called around 1100 to see what time I could check in and...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

I called around 1100 to see what time I could check in and was advised I could check in and rooms were ready. Once I arrived I was advised I couldn’t check in until 1700 because of a delay and had to leave my bags with a bellhop

• Reviewed: February 25, 2018

Will choose different hotel for my next business trip

long wait to check in and out, front desk both days not occupied and concierges unfriendly, bad air in the room, and room not clean (pills from previous occupant, old coffee pad not removed from coffee maker, used sugar), remote control not working, no mini bar

Valet parking and luggage storage, bathroom, shower has great water pressure

• Reviewed: February 19, 2018

Great place to celebrate your youngest turning 21!!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was very comfortable, clean and quiet. After a long day playing around New Orleans it was nice to come back to a good shower and comfortable bed!

• Reviewed: February 14, 2018

The location was perfect and the restaurant in the hotel was...

was disappointed a little in the size of the room and bathroom - didn't quite look like the picture that I saw on the web site

The location was perfect and the restaurant in the hotel was amazing.

• Reviewed: February 5, 2018

Mardi Gras 2018

The sink was clogged in our room and the water was pretty hazing looking when I poured it in a cup to see. The hotel was a bit off the beaten path but the walk was enjoyable.

Had an antique feel to the building which I enjoyed and was very clean and well kept. I liked that the parade route passed right in front off the building on St. Charles. Room was HUGE!

• Reviewed: January 29, 2018

It was very pleasant, and close to everything. Great Location!!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I did not like the parking. They only had Valet and it cost me $50 a night.

It was close to everything that we wanted to see. It was a very nice hotel.

• Reviewed: January 18, 2018

Weekend with Friends
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bathroom was a bit small, but this is a very minor detail.

The property location is perfect. It is located close to many great restaurants, bars and a few blocks from the French Quarter. The hotel staff were very professional and helpful, especially with the free early check-in.

• Reviewed: January 16, 2018

Very big room, quiet AC/heater, comfortable bed,...

Only valet parking is available at the hotel, which is very expensive ($45 per night). But there are some garages around the hotel, prices are $15-20 per night.

Very big room, quiet AC/heater, comfortable bed, historical building. Nice restaurant to have a breakfast.

• Reviewed: January 5, 2018

Everything was great except NO HOT WATER or LARGE TOWELS..

coming from walking the main strip in the cold...wanting to take a hot shower and relax.. there was NO HOT WATER ot LARGE TOWELS.. Took a cold shower and dried with a hand towel...

Everything was great,

• Reviewed: January 3, 2018

The rooms were extremely clean and the bed very comfy.
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible

Would not recommend the restaurant Luke for dinner. Very disappointing although others at the hotel raved about the oyster Happy Hours they offer. Much better dining options in New Orleans.

The rooms were extremely clean and the bed very comfy. The location is great being a few blocks from the French Quarter and about 7-8 blocks to the Superdome. Staff was courteous. Eddie, the concierge, was extremely helpful with shopping and restaurant suggestions (not to mention that he is highly entertaining). There is construction going on around the hotel so the St. Charles trolley doesn't stop there currently but that isn't the hotel's fault. We had to walk about 6-7 blocks to catch the trolley but otherwise, no complaints.

• Reviewed: January 1, 2018

Was an enjoyable stay. Would stay again.

Staff on Thursday and Friday were much better at keeping food refreshed and stocked. Evening happy hour staff on Wednesday not attentive. Had to ask for things to be refilled.

Great variety each day. No better way to start the day than with a full belly.

• Reviewed: December 13, 2017

Overall it was nice
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I didnt like that i wasnt told about the incidentals hold despite the fact that I called to let the hotel know directly i would be paying for these 2 rooms in cash.the front desk clerk was a trainee, who was very confused and apparently didnt know how to handle a cash transaction. The manager helped slightly but still required a cash deposit, more cash than i was initially told!

The staff in theexecutive lounge at breakfast was especially kind and personable!particularly the cook!

• Reviewed: December 4, 2017

Lovely experience

we found some food from the previous guests in the fridge.

The concierge was extremely helpful and friendly, he gave us a map and he wrote all the good restaurants and places to go for jazz. We had a great time thanks to him. the room was lovely. location is perfect. we definitely recommend everyone to stay here.

• Reviewed: November 28, 2017

The stay was pleasant the hotel was nice the staff was friendly the bed was comfortable

That I booked for 2 nights stay & only stayed one night. Booking.com confirmed that I paid for 2 nights & when I called the hotel they said I only paid for one night. I was really mad especially because I'm thinking I have two nights & I don't now I don't have money to pay for second night. Going thru a third party they should make sure r contact the person to make sure everything is corrected and confirmed about they stay. It was very inconvenience and very unprofessional we think if we staying two nights for the price that day that I booked and come to find out it was only for one night and two nights was confirmed for the payment I had made so now we had to leave the hotel early and didn't get the second night very unhappy very unhappy

Love the hotel it was real nice, clean and friendly stuff. The breakfast was gd

• Reviewed: November 27, 2017

Awesome!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I own a cleaning company and stayed at an Omni hotel recently that was filthy, so I was not excited to stay at another hotel. This hotel was awesome. I will be back.

• Reviewed: November 22, 2017

Fine for CBD New Orleans. Less than 100 USD good rate.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Minor problems for electric users. Old buildings, fewer power outlets for tech.

Small but nice Jacuzzi and pool in basement. Across street from Intercontinental, LUKE café adjoining. About 3 blocks walk to Canal Street / French Quarter.

• Reviewed: November 18, 2017

A great time in the city of New Orleans.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

Thankfully I didn't have a vehicle to park! That cost would have been very disappointing.

A wonderful visit. All employees were friendly, courteous and top notch! Front desk personnel were helpful with every request.

• Reviewed: October 27, 2017

Very disappointed in staff at front desk, no wake up call and no bellman to help with luggage.
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible

I asked for a wake call and it never came, we were almost late to our meeting. Not good! Then in the morning when we were checking out, I called for a bellman to help with our luggage - 3 calls went unanswered and we had to finally haul everything downstairs by ourselves in two trips down the elevator. These are basic services that I expect a Hilton property to excel in. I was very disappointed as a HIlton Honors member and will probably not stay there again in future trips to New Orleans.

Good location.

• Reviewed: October 17, 2017

The location was perfect and we loved our stay
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible

The only complaint I have is that the shower was not the best. If you wanted a warm shower there was no water pressure which kinda stunk. But again, everything else was fantastic!

The bed was so comfortable and the staff was super helpful and friendly. Location was perfect as well!

• Reviewed: October 9, 2017

Hotel staff were all very friendly and accommodating to...
    • Corner Room with 2 Double Beds

Would have liked to know in advance the airport shuffle option. Which was not explained to us until the day we were leaving when it was too late since the booking had to be completed 24 hours in advance.

Hotel staff were all very friendly and accommodating to requests.

• Reviewed: October 8, 2017

Nice hotel

Parking is a problem in New Orleans. Most places are between $20-50 a day

Rooms were clean, location was ok about a 5-10 minute walk to be closer to the restaurants and bars.

• Reviewed: September 28, 2017

We had a blast in New Orleans and we enjoyed our stay at the Hilton.
    • Corner Room with 2 Double Beds

The consegier wasn't too friendly or helpful. And their was a stain in the toilet- didn't like that.

We had a wonderful stay at the Hilton. The rooms were huge, the staff was friendly. I would stay at the Hilton again.

• Reviewed: September 24, 2017

Not good . I would have missed my flight. As did give me wake up call to me.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

Staff. I asked for wake up call for 0430 hrs in morning on Sept 23,2017. I was told that sure you will receive wake up call at 0430 hrs and our staff is 24 / 7. Unfortunately, no body called me. Thanks I woke up myself in time and could take my flight. I am not happy with this. Alos talked to reception when I went for check out. The guy at reception told me sorry as they forgot to call me.

Cleanliness

• Reviewed: September 23, 2017

It was a very good stay. I will be back. Please keep up the great work.

The wifi kinda suck, was very slow, and had to reconnect and few mins.

The front desk workers was very nice and went out and beyond and make sure that my stay was comfort.

• Reviewed: September 12, 2017

I planing to go back to New Olreans soon. I will stay here again

The room did not have a microwave

Room was large with a retreat room. In walking distance to the French quarters. Street car stops right in front of the hotel. Street car takes you everywhere and run 24 hrs

• Reviewed: September 11, 2017

Clean, quick check-in, great food at either Daisy Dukes or Lukes.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

Just the trash can thickness. It's super minor but, I don't like to leave anything on the floor. I'm not OCD. I just want to put it in the can :) Also be careful with the covered parking a block over. It's $25 for 12-24 hours of parking. It also says it's around $7 if you park for 2-4 hours. We left right around 26 hours and the charge was $50. It's all automated so there was no one to explain the amount. This has nothing to do with the Hilton, just a FYI.

This was my first trip to New Orleans. I thought it was pretty good. It's a lot of walking to all of your destinations but, the beds were so comfy. The wife says I didn't snore so that means I was out within minutes :) There was only one minor issue with the hotel. The trash cans in the room have a thickness of a 20 oz drink bottle. This is not a big deal in the slightest but, I am used to putting my trash in a trash can. I packed it up all nice and neat and placed it by the door so the cleaning services wouldn't have a problem with it the next morning. We rated our stay a 10/10.

• Reviewed: September 4, 2017

Great place to stay!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel has excellent valet parking however, it's $45.00 for overnight!

The Hilton/St. Charles St. is an excellent location. We attended the LSU game at the Superdome. It was within walking distance to the stadium and the quarter. Great beds and a beautiful hotel. Be sure to check out Luke (a John Besh restaurant). They have an amazing happy hour.

• Reviewed: September 2, 2017

Great location, walking distance to french quarter, public...

I accidentally left a couple items in the room and possibly $100-140 in the safe after check out. I've been calling in a few times, and they'll tell me they'll check and call me back and dont get a call. Call back the next day, and they'll call me back. It's been 4 days since I've checked out and I'm not holding my breath anymore. Once you've checked out you're not a priority anymore. I will be back to New Orleans in February for Mardi gras but I'll be looking for accommodations elsewhere.

Great location, walking distance to french quarter, public trolly stop is very short walk from the hotel.

• Reviewed: September 1, 2017

Other than the above scenario our stay was average.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

The hotel staff should have contacted the local fire department. The staff should install stairwell signage. During the alarm event we had to evacuate via stairwell. If we became trapped we would not be able to report our location because we did not know which floor were on or which stairwell were in. Lastly, I was assured by the front desk manager that I will be refunded my stay. It has been nearly a month and I have not received a refund for the prepaid night.

The location of the hotel was great. It was not far away from any attractions.

• Reviewed: August 21, 2017

Disappointed in Hilton
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Just returned from our trip to New Orleans and our stay at the Hilton. Was disappointed for few reasons. 1. There was no Wi-Fi as promised. I had to sign up for their "Hilton Honors" program. When I did it through the receptionist at the desk, the wi-fi still did not work. You think your on it, but your not. We received data charges through our carrier because we were not hooked up to their wi-fi as promised. 2. Parking at the hotel. There was an additional charge of $42 plus taxes per day to park my car! Didn't anticipate that and boy did that put a dent in my pocket. #3. The pool was small and the hot tub smaller, and so many people, so... couldn't use that either. In addition , although there is no attendant (ever) and you use your room key to get into the pool area, it closes at night and the missing attendant shows up and they kick you out. #4. I also thought the Hilton was the "hotel" to "compete" with and look up to. They didn't have a "Continental Breakfast" or anything. With their prices they could at least offer a donut. I will stay at the Sheraton next time!!!!

It was far enough away from the hustle and bustle and noise of the French Market and Bourbon Street.... But close enough to walk. Had I known the walk was so close, I would have parked my car 4 blocks away at parking facility for half the price ($42 plus taxes Hilton - $26 plus taxes Parking Lot). But I guess that is why they charge you in full at the time of check in, they don't want you to find that out! Also Hilton's parking is an outside lot too!!!

• Reviewed: August 20, 2017

Perfect experience
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

That every other hotel wasn't like this one.

I traveled from Georgia to California on a cross country trip, staying at many different properties. This was the best hotel I stayed at across the US. The gentleman who was the night manager who checked us in was amazing. I can't remember his name, but very nice.

• Reviewed: August 5, 2017

Great location and great staff!

Would have been nice to have another chair in room besides the desk chair. A small recliner would have been nice.

Great staff and great morning coffee.

• Reviewed: July 28, 2017

The hotel was superb in every aspect - the staff, the room,...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel was superb in every aspect - the staff, the room, the valet parking, the concierge, cleanliness, the comfy bed. Not one single complaint. I would highly recommend staying here. Total value for money.

• Reviewed: July 28, 2017

Loved New Orleans!!

Parking in New Orleans is expensive!! We opted for valet parking st the hotel which was not the cheapest way to go but we felt better knowing it was hotel staff taking care of our car. We went during what was probably the hottest time of year. We would love to go back when it's cooler and we can explore more. Take comfortable shoes because you'll end up doing a lot of walking!!

The hotel was beautiful and the staff was great! It was a short walk to Canal street and the streetcars ran regularly and didn't cost much. Luke's restaurant (next door to hotel) was fabulous and our waitress Chi was amazing!

• Reviewed: July 27, 2017

I'd stay here again.
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible

Front of hotel, where people dropped off luggage/valet parking was chaotic and seemed disorganized. The pool area and front foyer could have been cleaner. By the end of the weekend the outside trash cans were overflowing.

Bed, pillows, towels were fantastic. Room was nice with a great view. Staff were friendly and helpful.