Reviews of New York Hilton Midtown 4 stars

1335 Avenue of Americas, New York, NY10019, USA

#290 of 415 hotels in New York

• Premier King or Queen Room

No coffee maker! We brought our own kettle and coffee when we read about this in an earlier post. Also didn't care for the down pillows. They flattened out almost immediately.

Great location! Good mix of business and tourists with wonderful little restaurants and food carts close by. Easy walk to the theaters and Times Square, but away from the "tourist central" madness. Staff was very friendly and helpful, from the housekeepers who always had a smile and a "good morning" to the concierge who checked us in for our return flight and printed our boarding passes on our last night.

• Premier Double Room with Two Double Beds

Beside from the location everything was bad! From the reception to the attitude especially due to the fact that we have booked via booking. I’m sorry friends-you don’t get the right treatment. Rooms are old. Bar is like in he 80’s. Hotel was very busy and crowded. Very noisy.

• Premier King or Queen Room

Mu husband and I did like everything about the hotel. It is a great place to stay in New York as it is centrally located and near most of the great tourist sights. There a number of good restaurants near the hotel too.

The full American breakfast was really great. My husband and I enjoyed all the food served for breakfast. The hotel staff were friendly and very helpful. I would definitely stay at the New York Hilton Midtown again.

• Deluxe Queen Room

I advise everyone not to use express check out because I had trouble with the bill after got home. I checked out two weeks ago and I have not received the invoice yet

Te gym is excellent and the staff is very friendly

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

You can walk or run in Central Park and enjoy the shopping on fifth avenue and eat at good restaurants in midtown. All within a ten minute walk. Friendly staff and clean rooms.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was really nothing that I didn't like. I wish it wasn't so expensive to stay in the city, but it's expected, so it's not really a big deal.

It is in one of the better parts of the city and within walking distance (minutes) of Times Square, Central Park, and Broadway! Also, the breakfast buffet was awesome!

• Premier King Room with Bathtub - Disability Access

Waited over an hour for the tv remote; had to call 3 times to get it. Elevators a bit crowded with a few minute wait to get up and down. Shower made a noise when on.

Perfect location. Large room.

• Deluxe Queen Room

As a Hilton Gold Member I was hoping to get a nice room upgrade with a decent view, but I was told multiple times that this hotel doesn't have a view, yet from the outside it looked like it would. Also, the bathroom fuse blew on my first morning there, so had to take care of that before getting a start on my day. My room wasn't super big either, and again I was hoping for a little bit of a nice treatment, but felt rather standard considering the price I was paying.

The location is top notch, central to the best parts of NYC. Its a comfortable atmosphere and walkable to all the fun places in midtown Manhattan.

• Premier Double Room with Two Double Beds

THE BATHROOM WAS TOO TIGHT NO SPACE AT ALL TOILET RIGHT NEXT TO THE FACE BOWL BATHROOM WAS JUST TOO SMALL FOR ME

THE STAFF FROM THE CHECK IN CLERKS ,TO THE RESTURANT HOSTESS AND COOKS AND HOUSE KEEPING THEY PROVIDED EXCELLENT SERVICE

• Premier King Room with Bathtub - Disability Access

Staff wasn't too friendly, we called housekeeping for several minutes but no one picked up the phone.

It is right in the middle of all the action, Broadway only a few blocks, subway close by and halal guys serve food till 5:00 AM.

Cannot think of one

For a little extra charge of 35$ I liked the breakfast, all day coffees, fruits, cookies and the Afternoon hor d’oeuvres provided at the business lounge.

• Deluxe Queen Room

to be given the superior room reserved.

we did not get the room we reserved and paid for. there were many rooms on 41st floor, only four the size of a broom closet,,,we were put into one of them. could 't move around. not superior.

• High Floor Premier Room with King or Queen Bed

Staff not friendly, they only hold you luggage for 5USD per piece, no other hotel in Manhattan charges for that. Too big, very old elevators. Never again

• Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed

Huge waiting line for checking in at the hotel. Even though it was a national holiday and the hotel had several conferences going on at the same time (so expect a lot of people coming for that weekend), there were only 2 staff members at the concierge to process the check-ins. We had to wait for about 45 mins with the 2 y.o. child getting impatient, until we finally got the room keys.

Everything! Room, facilities,location. Best hotel!

• Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed

Disappointed with the Customer service though. We tried calling them many times from the room, but no one attended

The room and food was awesome. Their herb and kitchen is the best I have tried so far. Enjoyed the stay here.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Our room was right by the elevator and it was very noisy all day long (people and motor of elevator). Check in and check out had long line ups all the time.

Air con was good. Location was good. Security dept was very prompt and helpful in responding to our complaints (people in the room next door were very noisy into 2, 3am) although those people did not listen.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Harassed by Hilton club . Check out was rude and stressfull as they tried to charge us for a meal We never had. They also charged us deternation tax which was already included in our tarriff,and we are still in disput for $200 US. And if that wasn’t enough they debited our account twice and we were out of pocket for 4 days for over $3000Australian

• Premier Double Room with Two Double Beds

The security is quite lax as people can easily go up to the guest rooms. It would have been better if a coffee maker or water heater for coffee or tea was provided in the room.

The midtown location is good and very accessible.

• Premier Double Room with Two Double Beds

Unexpected charges added after booking was completed.

Good location. Very pleasant staff. Modern up to date facilities. Only negative was the unexpected charges added after booking was completed! A little unfair not to have known about them prior to completing the booking.

Drippy bathroom sink faucet, shower door didn’t shut completely, so floor would get a little wet. Should have queens in room with 2 beds, not full size.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The elevators took HOURS to arrive, causing a long cue both at the bottom floor and going down. But mainly all the extra charges were infuriating: this is the first time in my life a hotel charges to keep my luggage in the luggage room - 5$ per piece! We didn't pay for them on early check-in, so how come we had to pay for later check-out? After paying the Hilton so much for each night (including the outrageous "Resort fee" which did not appear on Booking.com - this has left a bad taste. The final charge was about 3 times what the rate that appeared on Booking. Albeit the comfortable rooms and location, we would NOT have made this decision because of the high final rate.

We loved the comfort of the room. It was spacious, extremely quiet with super comfortable beds. loved sleeping there.

• Deluxe Queen Room

I feel that I should have been informed that there was going to be a large conference going on for the duration of my stay. The hotel was extremely busy and packed with people constantly. These people attending the conference were constantly using the set of lifts that serviced my floor to go up and down one floor from the lobby to the second floor making it extremely difficult for regular guests. One of the 3 lifts that serviced these floors was out of order for the duration of my stay. Some consideration from the hotel could have limited the inconvience to regular guests such as allocating the rooms on the floors affected by this to conference guests and higher floors to regular guests and the lift difficulties could have been avoided or encouraging conference guests to use the stairs or escalator when traveling one floor up and down for their conference.

The rooms were nice and clean and spacious. The staff were helpful and although they don’t automatically give you free WiFi it is easy to obtain without much hassle. Location was great and suited my needs.

• Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed

The breakfast items could be rotated on a more frequent basis - not all but some. It would greatly enhance the pleasure of a good breakfast.

• Deluxe Queen Room

It is super busy, it almost feels like a city of its own. There is no 'proper' food served, so I really missed a good quality breakfast and a possibility of eating freshly prepared meal on the location

The location is very central and the event I was participating in was located there

• High Floor Premier Room with King or Queen Bed

Unreasonable additional charges for breakfast ($30) and luggage storage ($5 per item) after checking out. Check in and check out may take ages.

The location is perfect and the room was clean.

• Deluxe Queen Room

The security is a concern .. doors does not close properly, charged me for luggage storage, internet is not free and way over priced, loud hall, no noise isolation between rooms, they did not provide late checkout which affected my whole day

Location is good

• Premier King or Queen Room

registration staff not friendly, but restaurant staff are excellent.

great location, walking distance to many popular spots, close by 7 AV subway station

• Deluxe Queen Room

I genuinely disliked the lack of customer care, I felt like I have been treated like a cash cow. No smile, not warmth, no care. It was really cold in the room and I ask the reception if something could be done and I have only been offered an extra blanket as the heater couldn't be turned on unless the temperature goes under a certain degrees. We basically have to adapt ourselves to the hotel conditions instead of the hotel provided what we want or wish for. The room has not been cleaned at all between out two nights three days of staying. No refill for the shower product, no new towels, bed was untouched, our takeaways rubbishes still gathered by the door as we left them. We basically left an AirBNB to enjoy more comfort and be looked after but I dearly regret my choice. The airbnb was of a higher standard for more than half price. Even though those issues have been reported and mentioned, nothing has been fixed, room not cleaned, no discount offered, no apologies.

the location

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Custom service works bad. They needed 1,5 hours and 4 complaints and calls from me to solve my problem. We couldn’t close the window inside our room and asked for help. It was soooo long to wait! And when we arrived to our room bed linen was so dirty, it looked disgusting. We asked clinig lady for help and called custom service. It took 1 hour to change bed linen in our room.

Hotel is very nice, with good bar downstairs, everything was so close, I like location very much.

• Deluxe King Room with Roll in Shower - Disability Access

Had to wait 25 minutes to check in.

Large buffet, lots of choices. Many nicer options such as Smoked salmon, bacon,yogurt, cheeses, cold cuts, Chinese food.

• High Floor King Room with Roll-in Shower - Disability Access

One towel had lipstick on it - should have been removed. A Caesar Salad for 12.99 had mostly brown lettuce - clearly NOT fresh. Poor show indeed

Adequate room but like everything in NYC, overpriced

• Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed

We asked to have sofa bed made , were told it would be 15 minutes ..... no one ever came When I reported this the next morning the person at the desk just said they would take it off our bill. We had 3 people and had to share cover n pillows and make the bed ourselves . There was no apology for their overlooking this.

location and breakfast were great as well as bed

• Deluxe Queen Room

When I went to leave the hotel the security department too 30+ minutes to retrieve my breast milk from is refrigerator causing me to be late for my Amtrak back to Boston. I was forced to choose between getting the milk my baby needs back from the hotel and making my train. I had told the security people that I would need it back at 5PM, knowing that I didn't have a lot of extra time. Coming earlier wasn't an option since things need to be refrigerated.

When I got to the hotel I was allowed to check-in early so I could use my room to pump breast milk.

• High Floor Premier Room with King or Queen Bed

Bathroom was not as clean as it should have been,found hair in the tub. There were dirty towels in the hallway of the room when we walked in,they were not ours. We had to call twice and pay a visit to the front desk before we pushed the towels into the hallway. They were picked up more than 3 hours later. The sheets had a whole in them and the pillows were too soft, like there was no pillow under your head. Also after spending $400 on a room it was upsetting to have to spend $70 on parking· We came back from seeing a show around 11pm and went to have a snack and drink. We were told it was too late to get any food even though they were to be open till midnight·

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room could have been cleaner upon arrival.

On 6th Avenue the location is spot on with no more than 5-10minutes to some of the major attractions like Top of the rock, Times Square, Central Park, shopping on 5th etc and all the other attractions of Manhattan within an easy subway ride or a bit longer walk. Room big enough for a family of four, the double beds are only 160cm wide but ok for us. Our room on the 11th floor was nice and silent during the night. Great breakfast which was included in our room price of USD 3000 for 8 nights. Only complaint, as a European, would be the total lack of vegetables unless you order the omelette.....On the other hand there is an abundance of fresh fruits.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bedside lights were way too big and bright to use while in bed. With 4 of us in the room, you couldn't keep the light on to read if someone wanted to sleep in the other bed. But that was a minor issue because we were usually too tired from sightseeing to need the lights on very long. :)

The bed was the most comfortable hotel bed that I've slept on in a LONG time! The upgrade to a corner room with a Central Park view was a last minute decision, and it made the stay even better.

• Premier Double Room with Two Double Beds

We had some issues with checking in. My husband came from Sweden and the kids & I from USA. We had used the credit card of my husband for the booking and they wouldn't let me check-in without the card, or I had to pay for the room again on my card. My husband arrived late. The lady was not very friendly. At check-out it was the same un-friendly attitude. My husband asked if it was possible to add on our three nights to his Hilton rewards/honor card (he travels a lot) - not possible, and that is ok, but the way we were met at the check-in & check-out was far from service-minded & friendly. You also have to pay 5 usd per bag in the luggage room the day you are leaving but not the day of arrival -> so this is out last impression of the hotel. Would probably stay here again but at some areas they need to work on their attitude.

Hotel was clean, nice view and at a good location. The housekeeper & staff in the breakfast room very nice.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

When we arrived the hotel did not provide the requested room that we booked and we had to wait 2 hours for a room we booked 1 week a head.

I liked the area, everything was so close since Central Park was 5 minutes by walk.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

I didn’t like the fact that there was no swimming pool indoors and everything in the lobby lounge and cafe was so expensive.

I liked the parking next to the hotel but not happy that we had to pay $75 extra dollars for it and the staff at the garage didn’t even direct us on how to enter the hotel using the back/closest entrance and we had to walk all around to the 6th Avenue entrance with our luggage. We liked the gym and the breakfast was very good.

• Deluxe Queen Room

The hotel was extremely crowded with several events being served, includign thr AKA Event that I worked. No one was available to assist with transporting items as was made to clear to me prior to arriving at hotel because it is union based. It was an awful experience!

• Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed

the fact that there were huge groups of students, traveling as part of a band, swamping the elevators, seemingly frequently. Also present: large groups of traveling international students. I didn't realize the scale of the hotel is so big that we were in the midst of very large bookings, which made it tough to get to your room when you wanted to.

comfy bed, great location, late night food decent.

• Premier Double Room with Two Double Beds

The double bed was not comfortable for two adults ... we where three in the room but only two duvets and the staff denied to give us one more so one of us just slept with a blanket it was very cold 😒

The breakfast was very good but very expensive. The mail service was excelent!

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds with Roll in Shower - Disability Access

We expected a restaurant on site but found this deli take out style instead. It was good for what it was, a deli/coffee shop. The make up/shaving mirror in the bathroom was ridiculously too low to use. The frig froze everything over night. I couldn't find a control.

Hotel location was great for walking to Times Sq/Broadway or to Central Park. The room was very comfortable #1815 and quiet. We requested a room with a frig & got it. Wifi was good. We always leave the maids $5 each day with a thank you note for cleaning.

• Deluxe Queen Room

I had two minor issues with the hotel. The first is that check-in takes too long (I waited in line for over 30 minutes) because they only had one person checking people in at the front desk. The second was that the free internet that comes with the Hilton Honors program did not work. I tried six times to log in. When I finally chose to pay for the premium internet it worked immediately.

Everything with the hotel itself was great. Midtown is a great location in the center of all the NY hustle and bustle. The bed was comfortable and the food was good.

At arrival front desk staff where very arogant . After getting into my room I opened the Fridge and it was with food that was half consumed from previous customer called client service they did no teven apologize , After that tried to take a shower and could not get any hot water . Again called customer service and only thing that they could say is let the water run for additional 10 minutes , still no hot water . Next day when entering my bathroom the new towels where with huge wholes in them . Terrible experience

• Premier Double Room with Two Double Beds

Be aware of hidden fees ($25.00 per day) added to your daily room rate. Supposedly those fees are credited to your account so you can spend in the Hilton's bar and dining room. This was not advertised when our room was booked and it is clever way to add more dollars to your total bill. The service in the bar and dining area was subpar so ultimately customers are penalized. Inform us in advance!!!

Perfect location to major attractions~theater, Central Park

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The line for the cafe was way too long with a conference going on.

Book with free breakfast. It's worth it! Good heat lamps while waiting for the valet to get your car but once you leave your car it is time-consuming to get it back so take everything you need all at once. Good room in terms of cleanliness and air quality and air conditioning.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Trip was a gift for my 18 year old daughter and 22 year old daughter Made calls in advance to ensure all charges paid/billed to me. Upon check in clerk did not read note in log nor even look for same despite being informed of same by my daughter checking in. Only found note after she called me to let me know and I spoke to him. Wonder what he’d have done if I had not been available. Annoying

• Premier Double Room with Two Double Beds

No tea or water in room. When buying tea in Herb and Kitchen on first floor charged by size of cup vs by tea bag. VERY CROWDED. Had room at end of hallway and was told this was a nice “corner room” which it was not. Herb and Kitchen had long waits.

The housekeeper was helpful. Tyrel at Hilton Honors desk was kind. Location of hotel was good.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Extra fee added on top of standard fees that wasn’t mentioned before registering. Water in the shower was at best lukewarm a lot of times.

Great location. Modern. Clean. Great bed.

• Premier King or Queen Room

They tested the fire alarm (which I realize they have to do) but it went on for over an hour and we were still sleeping. Also the air conditioning didn't get to the temperature at which we set the thermastat.

Bed was very comfortable.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was nothing deluxe about the room although I paid for a deluxe room one picture on the wall? Dirty Windows I had to manually pull the shade down too keep the office workers in the building across from the hotel from looking in my room.I paid extra for big windows thinking I would have a view of the city 😞 no chance I just saw people working in their office. Also it was a conference going on during my stay and the two bars at the hotel was closed for private parties most of my stay. I had limited access too use my 15.00 mandatory fee per day. Compared too my past stays at this facility my room was way over priced!

The food was good at the little market place and the bar

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

- Beds are too small to fit 2 adults and 2 kids. Photos suggest larger beds. - Pricing not clear. We paid a lot more on various kind of additional taxes than the listed price on booking.com - Checkout took very long. Many counters, few staff. Reception staff seemed uninterested; not friendly.

Breakfast was excellent

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Could not adjust the temperature in our room. In the afternoons, with the sunshine coming in, it got warm. Air conditioning was turned off in the hotel because it was cold outside, but it would have been nice to be able to turn down the temperature for the few hours the room became warm. Also, no microwave, so there was no way to warm up our leftover food that we brought back to the room (room had a mini fridge).

Close to shopping, restaurants, plays, Central Park, Trump Tower and Times Square.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

My only complaint was that the mattress was a bit too soft, but then I am used to sleeping on a Tempurpedic. Otherwise I enjoyed my one-night stay. The location was ideal... 3 blocks from Carnegie Hall!

The coffee in the morning was excellent... hot, fresh-brewed and great quality. I also like the ease with which I was able to store my bag. Above all, I deeply appreciate the effort on the part of the security staff to track me down to let me know I had left my purse at Registration the night before!!!!!

• Presidential One-Bedroom Suite - Hearing Accessible

The sleeping situation and no microwave in the room.

There were not enough beds, even after confirming by email that there would be enough for my 3 children, husband, and myself. We had to sleep on a fold out sofa at 1,000$ a night! Will be calling with complaint.

• Executive Suite

Very old furniture in the room, pre historic very noisy air conditioning. Luckily, we only needed some extra heating. I couldn't imagine how would it feel in summer....Very little space to hang clothes. We've got a suite with two rooms while searching on booking.com for two rooms for two parents and three kids. On booking. com we saw the suite has two double beds. We coudn't figure out for sure if the beds were located in different rooms, but since is was not stated otherwise, we supposed so. In reality, the two beds were located in the same room with only one bathroom adjacent to the same room. So the other room was only useful for watching TV. The beds themselves were pretty small (queen), so every bed hardly could accomodater three little thin kids. We opened a sofa in the "TV" room, asked for extra linen (arrived very fast, but with no blanket- only sheets. It was snowing outside!). It was cold in the room and the sofa was also prehistoric and very uncomfortable, so we ended up sleeping in the same room, together with the kids. Three people in one of the beds. Using the same bathroom. I expected much more comfortable stay for almost 700 dollars per night in low season, even in the heart of NYC! And I would expect from booking.com itself to be more specific about location of beds and number and location of bathrooms (in our case, it was adjacent to the "all guests" room and we didn't want to take shower while kids were sleeping...) The breakfast was OK, but not hot (though, clearly stated on their website) Overall, great pictures of the room and of the breakfast on the booking. com website, with very disappoiting reality. Never come back againg.

Excellent location. Walking distance from Central park, Times Square and many other attractions. The hotel is very clean. The staff is helpful and had always responded to all our needs. The breakfast was OK

• Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed

On the day of check-in there were 900 people and there were very long lines at the reception of about two hours of waiting, and another hour of elevators. As a result, the suitcases were not found even after the manager intervened, saying that they would arrive within half an hour, and that did not help either. Only after I went with Anabed to search the luggage room were they found and sent to the room.

Excellent location

• Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed

We booked a room for 3 adults, arrived at the which has one double bed & a sofa bed that didn’t fold down and also had a previous guests jacket stuffed under it. The room only had 2 towels to shower and there was 3 of us and the hand towels where dirty with make up stains. Surfaces where also very dusty.

The location and staff where good

• High Floor Double Room with Two Double Beds

ne small detail was that the towels smelled a bit weird, and were very rough.

The bed’s were very comfortable and I really loved the view we had from our room! Staff was extremely kind and very welcoming!

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The surfaces of the room were not very clean. There was accumulated dust in both living area of the room and the bathroom. There were crumbs left behind and it looked as though staff just wiped around items. This is big conference hotel so the crowds were large waiting for elevators and elevators were packed as well as the lobby was always being full.

The cleaning staff was very friendly and saw us entering the room and gave us extra towels for our stay. They were always so friendly when we were coming and going.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was a convention at the hotel during our stay. Unfortunately, the line to get on the elevators was extremely long. Other than that; our stay was very nice.

My stay was with my daughter who is over 18 years of age. We both enjoyed the location of the hotel as it was in close proximity to the theater, Central Park and other locations.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bed was a little hard; when we first arrived, the original room was dirty and it smelled sweaty, like it had not been cleaned. The newer room was fine. The bar downstairs on the 3rd floor had horrible service.

Great location, great hotel staff. The food at the Herb Kitchen (?) downstairs was awesome! I was there with a large conference and the elevator service was a little slow. After we found the stairs, however, we were able to use those instead.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Check in process was poor. Only 1-2 staff at desk causing a line of about 20 people that moved slowly. There was an unadvertised facility fee of $25. While the advertised price on the Booking.com website is enticing, the added fees make it more expensive and less competitive to other options.

Given extended time needed for check in they offered a free to the concierge lounge.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Paid by credit card and had numerous amounts credited to my card at one stage I had £1800 pending on my card for a bill of £800 took 5 days before they were removed and actual amount due was charged.

Staff really friendly.nice modern clean rooms cleaned everyday.great location less than 10 minuets walk to both Central Park and Times Square.would definitely return to this hotel again.

• Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed

Floor was wet . Pull out couch was not made . Valet ripped us off 70 bucks . 65 dollars for 7 drinks NOT alcohol at the market in the lobby . Rip off never again

• Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed

Nothing to report - it was all good

We had to book this hotel with short notice and Booking.com saved the day! Hotel exceeded expectations in every way and price was an incredible bargain.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Not having a mini-fridge and a coffee maker in the room.

Conveniently located for our needs. Within walking distance to most places we planned to visit.

• Premier Double Room with Two Double Beds

No free breakfast included, though there were credits included with my stay, it would not have amounted to much.

The bed was really really comfortable, and the huge TV was great. Room was spacious and lighting was really good.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

No amenities provided when we.checked in. No fridge, no coffee maker, no kettle, no cups, tea, coffee, bottle water. None. We have to call and asked for everything tht we need. Fridge is delivered after we called. And the kettle, 2 paper cups, 2 tea bag, and two pairs of slippers come in a laundry bag when delivered. Feel like checking-in in the two star hotel and far from Hilton standard. We also found that the room is not as spacious as expected and as mentìoned, the furniture and the overall hotel room is outdated. The lamp in some area works on one day, and not working on other days. Truly, this hotel needs a major renovation. For a Midtown 4 star Hotel in a city like New York, for me this is below standard.

Only the toileteries (shampoo, body lotion) from Peter Thomas Roth.

• Premier King Room - Hearing Accessible

Dark, gloomy, even with all the room lights on. The food was terrible in every way and ridiculously expensive. The “Herb Kitchen” is the only room service option and food tasted like cardboard. Nothing cool or trendy, fresh or inviting about this place.

Cleanliness

• Deluxe Queen Room

The Hilton honors program was offered online when making reservations but was not able to complete. Was approached by the Hilton honors hawk after checking in and basically stoped us to ask if we are members of honors. Said no I tried it would not allow to complete.. on the sites end.. The next pitch was time share and offered free goods plus breakfast in the morning for there 90 minute sales pitch.... Ok thought I just got off the plane in Mexico for there aggressive time share program. This guy was kind of nice but very aggressive his name wasTanegle.? I told him we are here for a show and did not have time for this. He said go check into your room and stop by my desk and we will set you up for free goods. The only way to shut this guy up was say okay, I guess he did his job? We did not stop and check in and definitely will keep a look out for these programs in the future so I can avoid them. Not a pleasant experience.

Location was perfect for attending a show at radio city.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

That there was NO small room frig.

The concierge service at the Hilton Midtown was exceptional. The lobby, door staff and maids were very helpful and courteous. If you are lucky you will get a great view from your window.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

WiFi went in and out but overall was fine

Clean, bright rooms! In room refrigerator! Comfortable beds, nice linens. Also herb ‘n lichen was so convenient and easy to use for quick snacks, lunch, etc.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Toilet had paint in the bowl, Bathroom sink bowl was cracked. Could not get room to cool down below 70 degrees, first night was 75 degrees windows open (they only open 1 1/2 inches) thermostat set to 65 degrees, thermostat does nothing don't bother using it. Turned thermostat off, windows open and had the front desk bring up a fan for the second night got down to 70 degrees. Wall trim did not match throughout the room. You are only paying for where this hotel is located would not pay to stay here again. Manager did credit $60.00 dollars off of my $515.00 bill for 2 nights, so still over priced for what it was.

Shower was nice