Reviews of Hilton Newark Airport 3 stars

1170 Spring Street, Elizabeth, NJ 07201, USA

#7 of 13 hotels in Elizabeth

5.9

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Comfortable and good location for airport

Hallways smelt slighly and decor could do with an update. Nice though.

Nice view towards runway and some of skyline. Big comfortable bed. Very frequent shuttle to the airport

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

It was just OK

The bed linen smelled of mildew. I had to light candles and incense in order to sleep because no one answered phone when I called from room to complain. Then they charged me a smoking fee which they had to refund. Soooo upset. Then the front desk girl was rude and hung up as I was complaining about the charge

I love the spacious rooms

Comfortable for a day between long haul flights

The reception staff could be friendlier.

I really loved the comfy beds and the fitness facilities. The gym was very well equipped and the pool was warm and nice for a relaxing swim. The food in the restaurant was delicious as well.

Not normal Hilton standard

Cleanliness: bathroom floor sticky. Carpets not clean. Yikes-no bedroom slippers provided. Smell: Room has a smell (not damp)!even though housekeeping spray a freshener. Bedsheets have damp smell. Casual restaurant: choices limited and food quality was poor. Baguette that was on dishes was uneatable as you can’t break it.

The staff at front desk are helpful. The free shuttle bus to/from Newark International Airport is great. Percy is a good driver and provide lots of info so listen to him. Dining choices and quality of food from room on service was good. Ordered Ceaser salad and half a roast chicken.

Great value and everything suited our purposes perfectly.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Great value and everything suited our purposes perfectly. We required a comfortable hotel near to the airport, with a shuttle to Newark. We had a very comfortable clean room, excellent room service and a brilliant happy customer focused shuttle driver. Thank you.

I really enjoy this hotel!

We had a small issue with our bathroom, it was fixed fairly quickly but we had to ask to be compensated, I feel we should have been offered without having to ask first.

I really loved the pool, and the staff was very nice and went out of their way with kindness.

Conveniently located near EWR.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The neighborhood was lacking in everything.

Conveniently located near EWR. Only reason for the stay because of flight cancellation, and early flight out.

Great hotel & airport shuttle service

Would be handy to have a microwave in the room. Was great to have a Fridge in the room but think it was set to freezer mode as our drinks and ready meals became frozen overnight. Sink plug thing in the bathroom was broken, kept getting stuck.

Great location for the airport although not too much else around I.e. shops etc. The free shuttle service to the airport is brilliant and makes it nice and easy to get into Manhattan. Rooms were spacious and comfy. Was a much needed rarity to be able to have a bath after lots of walking. All the staff were lovely and helpful. We were able to buy meals and use the microwave in the shop. We ate in the hotel the first day and the food was amazing. There is also a starbucks in the hotel open during the morning which is really useful. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Excellent parking handy as we were able to use disabled parking at the hotel.

coffee shop inside the hotel only open from 7am to 12:30pm being as my husband and don't drink alcohol it would have been nice to have a hot drink downstairs in the lobby.

Room was lovely, spacious and clean. Staff very courteous.

I would recomment the Newark Airport Hilton.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access with Roll-In Shower

I felt the food prices were a little steep.

The staff at the front desk was really excellent. We had some other travel problems and they did everything they could to help us.

Better than spending overnight at the airport, but a bit unimpressive for a "Hilton".
    • King Room - Disability Access with Tub

It was tight quarters, and the bathroom could have used more shelf space and better lighting. The bath plumbing should be replaced, as it was impossible to fully switch the water from shower head to tub.

The bed felt like sleeping on a puffy cloud. The place was quiet and clean.

Would stay again

No signs for shuttle bus

Staff were really helpful would stay here again. A shuttle bus takes yiu from the airport to hotel every 20 mins for free really helped

Convenient location.

The refrigerator was shoved in the closet instead of where the mini bar is located. The gal at the front desk could not tell me at what time to expect the maintenance person. It was already 10:30 pm. The shuttle bus driver, Ada, drove like a maniac. I called the hotel to complain.

I had a good stay. It was short but comfortable.

The housekeepers in the morning were a bit loud with their conversations. They could be heard through the door of the room.

I liked the staff. Your front desk staff were very welcoming and helpful. They were able to answer all of the questions accurately.

Great place to stay if you've got to be near the airport for a night.

The restaurant and food in the cafe/bar was way overpriced for what it was.

I only stayed a night, but wasn't expecting much from a hotel airport. I was pleasantly surprised at the nicely decorated and appointed rooms.

Horrible

Be honest, I really didn’t like anything starting with the manager at the front desk his attention was nasty, the room was all dusty, I was looking for water around 12:30 a.m all soda machine was sold out, except the one on the 4 floor, but could get water because, don’t take $20 bill

I really didn’t like anything.

Location and staff
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access with Roll-In Shower

Price stated on the Booking.com website was NOT AT ALL a true representation of costs. While missing some charges that were stated on the website, things like parking were NOT included in the total cost. We had trouble connecting to the WiFi, had trouble exiting the parking lot, and the AC condenser leaked in our room soaking the carpet near the bathroom.

Location and staff

The doorman and the shuttle drivers were the best.

The service at the restaurant. Not enough help, the poor waiter didn’t have help, so it took forever.

The doorman and the shuttle drivers were the best. So friendly! I know one guy was Daniel.

I my flight was cancelled because of a snow storm and it...

I arrived at midnight and hadn’t eaten all day. No food or room service was available.

I my flight was cancelled because of a snow storm and it took me two days to get home to Philadelphia. You have a front desk agent named Mary, who was wonderful and made my experience less of an ordeal.

Location and shuttle to airport was a great benefit.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Bathroom was in need of maintenance, tiles were popping as you walked on them. Shower head had very little pressure, handle was loose and difficult to accurately set temperature.

Location and shuttle to airport was a great benefit. Room was spacious enough for 4 with suitcases.

Hotel OK. Shuttle service lacking.

Shuttle service was unreachable. Train was so crowded we could get on. Had to take a taxi to the property. It was Saturday night so there was no restaurant. That was a bummer as the temperature was three below zero.

Nice room

Excellent!!

A little bit of a longer than normal wait at the restaurant. Due to only one waiter.

People and staff were awesome! Very friendly and nice to us. Our shuttle driver persy was so funny and friendly we felt very comfortable in his driving us to the airport.

Beautiful location in Newark

Starbucks worker was a Real Mean chick very wrong for that location...she was Mean disrespectful to my uncle and my auntie but manager too care of the matter.

STAFFF....AMAZING GREAT COOL CLEAN BEAUTIFUL!!

For the price and that it’s a Hilton, I expected more. I won’t be staying there again.

The bed was comfy but there was hardly any covers (it was really thin) so I was cold. Noise from the highway was loud and people being loud outside the room. Breakfast buffet was expensive, not good and should’ve been included with the room at least (the waffles were terrible). Hotel is old and not as soundproof as you’d find in newer hotels.

Room was really big and there were plenty of towels.

Not happy

Many things. First off when we checked in and we opted for to park in the parking lot. We should have been notified that the lot was full! (Cars were parked everywhere. Cars were boxed in) when we got to out floor we could smell smoke (not cigarettes,fire smoke) industrial heats were on the floor drying the floors!!! Along with 4 half eaten plates of food on the floor from room service. We get in out rooms one smells like smoke as if it had a fire. And the AC didn't work. Our adjoining room had gentleman's used underwear in the dresser still!!! We called the front desk asap when we left for the night we mentioned again to have everything addressed! When we arrived back at our rooms 6 hours later. The same food plates were still on the floor in the hallway and our rooms were never looked at or touched. And the men's underwear was still in the dresser!! I called the front desk and was told there was no one on duty in house keeping or maintenance so we would have to wait until morning.

I guess I likes that the venue was close to the hotel.

Very accessible to the airport and it’s 1 hr...

WIFI wasn’t comfortable and not smooth as in other same grade hotels. For example: you need to fill a form and sometimes it doesnt work

Very accessible to the airport and it’s 1 hr total(shutle+train) to the center of New York. Also very close to Jersey gardens for whoever likes shopping

Nice place, comfortable room but overpriced.

It was expensive and to be charged for wifi on top of that was ridiculous. I did not feel it was a great value for the money. There was a line to check in and people who were just getting parking tickets validated were not happy to wait for that. In the morning they underestimated how many people needed a shuttle to the airport. We couldn't all fit into it. An airline employee who seemed in the know when back and asked them to bring another shuttle and they did. I was surprised she had to go do that.

Staff for the most part was helpful. Bed was very comfortable, and room was nice.

Convenient for airport and luxurious rooms.

You had to pay for WiFi or become a hotel member and the strength of the WiFi wasn’t great.

The room felt luxurious, the bed was so comfy. The facilities for coffee were great I could have fresh brewed coffee for free in my room. Good selection of complimentary toiletries. Courtesy shuttle from the airport is great and comes very frequently.

Quick trip. Flew into JFK one day and out of Newark the next. Had a nice meal and a restful night.

The restaurant was closed, on a Saturday evening.

Bar staff very nice and helpful w menu. Great dirty martini. Hotel room very clean and well appointed.

Nice place for rest before/after flights.

No complaints here.

Stayed here before my early AM flight home, due to location and shuttle service conveniences. Wish I could have stayed a bit longer and slept in as I slept great, bed was comfy, location was great, staff and drivers were very helpful. Was charged for parking, but a quick phone call took care of that. :)

Great service great transfers to the airport

The girl on front desk went above and beyond think her name was jamelia ? She helped book an early morning limo to la guardian without her I would have struggled to make my flight to Chicago and the server in the main bar was one of the most affable people I have been served by

When we checked in at 1am in the morning they had no record...

When we checked in at 1am in the morning they had no record of our booking through booking.com. The man at reception would not give us the room at the same rate. However when we went back to reception at checkout they did honour our rate, so was all sorted.

Fitted the bill for my needed.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access with Bathtub

Handy for me with early flight out in the morning - Plus the free shuttle bus every 30mins there and back. Very comfortable bed and I could make a cup of coffee in the room. Helpful staff on the desk.

One night stay is OK, but reach Hotel with car is terrible!

No sings how to reach Hotel from road!! Must try quess is this right corner to turn, if not then you are lost in spagetti road few miles again !!

Near Airport

Hotel staff should change their ways

The staff and some management staff aren't sincere people. I checked in a group of about 25 people and paid for 11 rooms for 3 days with a deposit for authorization. Was told to pick up my refund at check out but by this day, 8th of September 2017 from the day i checked out on the 14th of August, my refund has not been paid. Sent series of mails and no response even from the Front Desk Manager until a staff who witness the whole episode when i was checking out reported the matter to the GM. Highly disappointed in Hilton and not good enough for Booking.com I am a regular Booking.com client but this let me unsatisfied. It is like cheating. Tunde

Closeness to the airport

Must lower my Hilton expectations...

We arrived to our room after midnight due to a delayed flight. The room was nice enough but when I entered the bathroom I noticed only one towel. My husband and I were exhausted after being in an airport for hours and we didn't want to wait on housekeeping to deliver another towel. We made due because it was already 1:00 am and we had to get the shuttle back to the airport by 5:00 am.. I don't like that Hilton charges for wifi. The room rate was over $350.00, come on Hilton.....

Location to the Airport, ease of getting there by airport shuttle.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Wifi and pool : risk
    • Deluxe Double Room

Réception: in the morning, employee is not smily Pool : old, not beautiful at all Fitness center : tiny ! Wifi: here they are ridiculous, wifi is complimentary ni lobby, not in rooms ! Unacceptable !

Breakfast : vert good and employees at top Rooms : perfect

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

No free Wifi and a human factory !

No free wifi I said I want to pay cash when I arrived and they ask me no problem you can do it at checkout. Finalely my Credit card had been charged at 5:00am before I have the time to manage checkout

Good for a quick night

Absolutely unacceptable to not have free wifi in 2017 in any hotel not in a Hilton for $200/night. Also this should be more clearly indicated on booking.com.

Close to the airport. Free shuttle.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Parking nightmare

U want a name book here ,, That s all it is a name hotel service is rude terrible ..dont expect any help from front desk an the brutal part parking either they don't have it or they leased out be ready do leave your vehicle in any place is horrible

Not worth it

Stuff very rude and not welcoming, Noisy, you could hear from neighbours having sex to their alarms and people passing by the door. Expensive and not worth paying the premium for not staying in one of the motels nearby

The bed is very confy

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

FANTASTIC!

The staff were absolutely fab, we had an early morning flight which was cancelled as we were at the boarding gate. The staff at Hilton kindly allowed us to go back to the hotel and have the room so we could get some sleep and use the facilities.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Quite sophisticated and exotic room with a really comfortable bed!

Really! I liked everything! The room was well insulated and as such it was exotic and warm, despite the breezy winter period I was there. I will love to stay there again, but hoping I will have company next time as the room was too big to be occupied by only one person.

The Staff were very pleasant; I had missed the shuttle, but it was made to come back for me. The lady driver who took me to the airport was so sweet, she told me lots of stories just before I got off. Smiley faces everywhere!

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

My stay at Hilton

Very close to a major road so if one has small children you have to be careful and hold their hands to make sure they don't run to the road.

Employees very helpful.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

4 star name 2 star stay

The staff didn't seem eager to help resolve an issue with regard to amenities which were misrepresented on a third party booking site I used to make my reservation. The bathroom was in need of some deep cleaning. Not the type of service or facility I expected from the Hilton.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

Great location and friendly staff.

The sink didn't work and nobody came to fix that. No slippers are offered unless you call them. Hard to find this location because it is near highway.

Great location and friendly staff. Things are clean and neat.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

Overnight layover at Newark Airport

We booked this hotel as it said free wifi. That is only partially true. It's free wifi in the lobby, not in the rooms. Deceitful advertising. Hotel is tired looking, not very clean but the staff were very nice and welcoming. Food in the restaurant was good which was a surprise to us with the poor reviews on yelp. I don't know how they maintain their Hilton franchise. Neighborhood is not the best.

Near Newark International Airport.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

A Good Overnight Hotel when in Transit

Bed was extremely comfortable and the breakfast was first class. The concierge was extremely helpful with arranging transport to Cape Liberty Cruise Terminal. We would use this hotel again for the third time!

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

Nothing in particular.

I did not like that the price quoted on Booking.com.com did not include taxes and other fees and the deposit for mini bar was charged USD 50 while the mini bar was empty. Everything was slightly shabby.

Nothing in particular. At the same time there was not much to dislike either.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

A perfect hotel to stay for early flights

We had an early fight to catch and we booked this hotel, very close to the airport. The room is well soundproofed, with comfy beds and all the facilities. It has regular shuttles to and from the airport every twenty minutes 24/7.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Very uncomfortable

I didn't like the price it want worth it also staff was very impolite unprofessional they over charge my debit card also the room was cold and not fresh

I only like the pool

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

I like how friendly the staff was

I didn’t like that there was no refrigerator in my room there were no life jackets for kids in the pool

I like how friendly the staff was

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Food although expensive, it was very good.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Ask for handicap bathroom. Had a bad knee and mom was in wheelchair.

Food although expensive, it was very good.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Hiatus at the Hilton

Comfortable beds Friendly staff Quiet Nice lobby with comfortable seating

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

Great proximity to the airport and convenient airport...

Great proximity to the airport and convenient airport shuttle. Clean rooms and accommodating service.

I asked a cup of hot water in the morning for my kid, the...

I asked a cup of hot water in the morning for my kid, the staff in the hotel restaurant was not nice..

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Perfect for an overnight stay in between travels

Comedy beds

met my expectations
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access with Bathtub

parking should be free for registred guests

big bathroom, nice staff,

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

It was clean.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access with Roll-In Shower

The restaurant and bar are actually one and the same. I would have liked different options

It was clean. The gym was nice.

Excellent location and price

Location is perfect and airport shuttle is pretty convenient.

Exceeded my expectations

Outstanding staff, rooms were modern and clean, airport transportation was readily available - a terrific experience.

Hilton Newark airport

Everything, very clean

Cozy, Comfort, Luxury all in one hotel

Cozy, Comfort, Luxury all in one hotel

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Rate was extremely high.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Rate was extremely high. I am a frequent traveler and the rates at that hotel fluctuate extremely compared to other properties.

It was due to a layover..didn't have my bags so a robe would've been nice

No robes in the room

Fast service at desk

Great location near the airport with frequent free airport...

A little tired.

Great location near the airport with frequent free airport shuttle

Very convenient shuttle from and to airport

Very convenient shuttle from and to airport

Efficient and pleasant

Air con a little too cold in the restaurent

Great breakfast

Everything, fullfilled all our needs.

Did not mislike anything.

Everything, fullfilled all our needs.

Comfortable and accessible Airport hotel

Close to Newark Airport Comfort Kindness of staff

House keeping for us the crib ASAP for my daughter

Wasn’t very clean

House keeping for us the crib ASAP for my daughter

Close to airport

Booking.com did not forward information and could not find my reservation..but staff helpful to figure it out

Close to airport

4.5
    It was convienent

As a paying no hotel guest I had to pay for parking

It was convienent

Not a bad place for short period..

Place is dirty..

Just close to airport.. and bar

Have to pay for parking