Reviews of DoubleTree by Hilton Newark-Fremont 3 stars

39900 Balentine Drive, Newark, CA 94560, USA

#4 of 7 hotels in Newark

• King Room Garden Courtyard

could have been a more customer friendly hotel.

Good facility but I found that @$350 plus, the guest is not even provided a bottle of water in the room? strange sense of hospitality

• King Room Garden Courtyard

The Manager was just very rude and rushed us out. Said they were overbooked and needed us out because they needed the rooms. Incredible unprofessional. Thank you,

There was robes in the room!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with Pool View

Everyone was so nice and the entire hotel and even its guests were very accommodating and friendly! This place is amazing and I’ll most definitely consider coming back!

• King Room Garden Courtyard

Lots of noise. People swearing drunk in hallways at 1am. People partying in pool when it was closed and kept me awake. I didn’t get any sleep till 2am. Will never say here again.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with Pool View

But booking.com messed up our reservation. We booked for 5 rooms but only 4 reservations went through to the hotel. (It was a business trip and we had to stay together in one place for a logistics reason)

The hotel itself is a good choice. Beds were comfortable, breakfast was good (not many options but fresh) and generally most places of the hotel were clean.

• King Room Garden Courtyard

After requesting king room and booked it ahead of time by garden side, they gave two queen bed room. Upon calling them back they said they don’t have king bed room available, but what’s the point of booking ahead of time and paid for it too?

Cleaning was done everyday.

• King Room with Pool View

One of the two elevators was broken and it looks that it's intended this way. Restaurant menu is very limited. Expected more at this price. Shops at the walking distance are serving residential area. Unlikely you'll be interested in the furniture store or arabic food.

Comfortable bed. Slept very good every night. Ducks in the pool.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds Garden Courtyard

having the laundry room down below us. The whole room was shaking. It sounded like the back window was down and it had a really bad echo

Our room over look the the pool so it had an amazing view

• King Room Garden Courtyard

The bed was horrible! It was way too soft. They should have some firm beds available for us older people who have back issues and need to sleep on a firm surface.

The office space in the lobby area had nice natural lighting.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds Garden Courtyard

Didn’t like that I left my room for a whole day and my room was not clean the beds were not made no clean towels garbage was not thrown away I called front desk and they’re like well did you leave the door on the side on the sign on the door no I took that off purposely before I left in my room can you clean they were very unapologetic the staff was that was the night crew of the front desk I spoke with Eric and then in the morning I spoke with another lady when I checked out and she also was unapologetic that is the only negative I will say about the hotel otherwise everything else was good

Beds were comfy. Free cookies at check in

• King Room Garden Courtyard

The room was very spacious, clean and bed was incredibly comfortable. Furnishings were modern and also comfortable. Room service was fast, sushi was tasty. Staff was very friendly. Location is right off freeway and next to lots of restaurants, Starbucks and shops.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds Garden Courtyard

I was told that the standard deposit is $200 but they were only going to charge us $100. They have never charged us that much before. Will not be staying there again.

Good bar and good food

• Double Room with Two Double Beds Garden Courtyard

No microwave for guest at the lobby and told us will be charged if we use microwave inthe room

Was expecting a better view but placed us in view of freeway

• King Room with Pool View

needs an after hours area to hang out. After the wedding we attended with the whole wedding party needed a place to unwind without disturbing other guests.

bed and pillows very comfortable. Quiet, tub drained a little slow, but maintenance fixed it

• King Room - Hearing Accessible

Despite having an EMV card reader, their software had huge problems with EMV-only cards. Some of the staff was aware of this, but apparently nobody bothered to fix it. Thin single-layer toilet paper - really? Shower head fixed at 1,75m - tall people must sit in the shower. WiFi is atrocious, constantly disconnects. Even when it works it's slow. In three days, I had to enter the password about 20 times. Apparently one can pay for good Wifi, but that page didn't load for me.

Very friendly staff. Good sound insulation; the hotel is relatively quiet. Large rooms with plenty of free space.of space

When I checked-in, the lady told me that booking.com didn't send my reservation, and I need to call booking.com. This has never happened in other reservations I made by booking.com so I said "I don't understand, my reservation is confirmed." Then she checked my confirmation number again "obviously reluctantly", and "found" my reservation. I was asked for deposit, so I swiped my card in the machine in front of the lady, then the lady told me "it's done." But I saw the machine requires my signature for confirmation, so I checked again if it's needed? And the lady said "just check the machine, it will tell you." Hello??? What do I need a real receptionist there for? And the hotel is big, but the lady did not give us the clear direction, basically her direction was wrong. We circled the half of the hotel before finding our rooms.

The location is pretty convenient and the room is nice.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds Garden Courtyard

I liked everything about the hotel

Very clean hotel,rooms.Great restaurant and bar at the hotel.Very very friendly staff.I highly recommend Hilton Double Tree in Fremont Newark

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff trying to charge us more than what we agreed on booking.com and when we are checking out no receipt given because she said she's not done to her accounting and she's so mean I didn't get her name she's working at night! Horrible staff!!!!

The room is always clean

• Double Room with Two Double Beds Garden Courtyard

beds were very small for two.should be hooks in bath room to hook your pent/jean before or after taking shower.Some times you have to be private in front of kids/family and change in bathroom but no place to hang pent I am old Hilton customer and requested in writing that i should be provided complimentary free breakfast but no answer and even requested at front dest but it was declined.has to be some courtesy to provide free breakfast at least for old customers. I was charged 202.20 for nothing even i paid cash for one night $134.80.Hotel says that booking.com is responsible for that.I want my money back today ASAP $202.20 in my bank account.if my checks bounce you and hotel will be fully responsible and i will write bad review about hotel and about you that how you guys charge customers without any authorization.

it was clean

• Double Room with Two Double Beds Garden Courtyard

The hotel hold should come off my card when the room is charged.

Bed was comfy. I loved the garden view balcony. I was able to quietly read a book there. Staff and guests were very friendly.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds Garden Courtyard

The greatest disapointment of this booking was that the hoter overcharged me when I checked out (compared to the initial booking that was ~40 dollars less). This is attributed to the fact that booking.com neglect to mention and highlight that the amount that I will be called to pay do not include tourist fare and other taxes. After a better look, I found that there were two line of small letters under the booking that mentioned that but it was too late for me. I might have booked another hotel if I knew better. The hotel do not include a breakfast, unless you pay 20$. The hotel is too far from San Francisco and is not convenient to visit the city. The hotel is also too far from SFO (international airport) and it is also not convenient to stay here. By train someone need around 20$ and 2 hours to reach the premises and by uber ~50$ and 1 hour travel.

The room service was very good. They even offered to move me to the train station when I checked out, so that I won't need to take the bus. The room was clean and cozy.

• King Room with Pool View

lack of communication between night and day staff but still they were kind.

when I first checked in extremely accommodating but by our 3rd night there was a lack of communication with the Sunday staff

• King Room Garden Courtyard

Place was very nice ! clean ! if your traveling with kiddos , there is a chuck e cheese in walking distant and a mall very close by with more fun things to do. the hotel also have heated pool and hot tub, very pretty and colorful at night!

• King Room Garden Courtyard

The room was very neat, housekeeping was there when we needed linens, and the staff was very friendly answering to questions we had about the rate and charge of the hotel room.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I did not like that I read the whole book in room on menu and introduction and when I followed instructions and pressed O to inquire about food or snacks or anything about their services it seemed the employees that answered were rude and had no knowledge of the services they provide I kept asking questions and got no answers ! All they would say is yes or no but would not explain. So sadly I did not get the information I needed to enjoy my stay. I had to walk around a look around to see what they had. I think they need to encourage what they sell there if they want to do business and get people to enjoy and use all their services. It's s shame that I didn't get to enjoy the bar or food. When I asked to buy cookies downstairs I was told that they were very expansive and if I still wanted them ! I felt I was insulted ! I didn't ask for price I asked for cookies ! I ended up not buying any cookies 🙁. I only reserved here because this is where me and my fiancé had memories when it used to be Hilton only. The cookies were so good and I wish I would of bought some they are really good. If they would of sold me what I wanted something so simple as cookies I would of stayed longer and for years to come. The employees need to be encouraged and trained well to know what they sell there. Just because I went in my gym clothes doesn't mean they can judge me and assume I couldn't afford the cookies or other services and stuff. I went there to relax do to business trip and not to impress staff at hotel.

When I showed up to check in I was greeted by a nice lady and she gave me free fresh baked cookies, but it was short lived 🙁. I thought since it started nice that it was going to be a great experience but it was not sadly. The only thing I liked were the greeting with cookies and the room was clean and beds super comfy.

Everything was great

Omgosh I love this property. Very friendly staff, large and comfortable rooms. The food was excellent and my balcony with the few of the pool was great😃😃

Loved everything

I let them know that it was our anniversary and they gave us a bottle of champagne to celebrate. The room was magnificent. I put in a special request and they went over and beyond for us. It was Amazing!!

• King Room - Disability Access/Hearing Accessible

We loved everything!!

The customer service was amazing and the bed was wonderful. The location was perfect because the mall, Movies, great food choices was one exit away.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

Not enough front desk persons. Lady who checked in forgot to pass on my request to give key to my friend who was checking in at 2 am to the night audit.My friends names who came from LA were not given keys at 2 am. Night audit woke me up to confirm. Night Audit even blamed me for not including my friends names which I did when I checked in. If only there were enough people at check in this could have been avoided. The lady at check in was by herself helping a line of guests.

Housekeeper assigned on the floor was great! Room was very clean. Restocked everything

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with Pool View

No microwave in room and none available anywhere for guests to use when I asked the front desk. A small refrigerator would have been nice. Every outer entrance looked the same, it would have been nice to have a sign outside showing what rooms can be accessed by those doors. Wife has bad food pain, I never did find the elevator. :-(

Bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

• King Room Garden Courtyard

My room was never vacuumed during my entire stay. I had to request clean sheets and towels, the dirty glasses were left and never replaced with clean ones. the coffee stationed was never restocked. The hall ways were dirty and never vacuumed. I stayed in the Garden view area.

• King Room with Pool View

The room doesn't have fridge, slippers, and toothbrush- of course no toothpaste either

Spacy room, near freeway and Walmart. There are lots of restaurants near hotel which you can try

• Double Room with Two Double Beds Garden Courtyard

there was a problem with our booking... some one from the staff erased our second room, we had 6 people with us, so it was a little frustrating. specially on a long weekend!

very nice and clean... good if you come with kids.

Staff told me that I don't get Hhonors point because I booked though third party. Although the room decscriprion said room with pool view, it was not.

comfortable bedding, ample free parking, clean

• Double Room with Two Double Beds Garden Courtyard

The hotel was nice but the elevator wasn't working well & our balcony looked like it hadn't been clean for awhile.The patio furniture needed cleaning too.

The hotel pool area & garden area.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Getting charged $50 a night for small 20lb pet Booked on line with pet but hotel said it was not listed so paid more money at desk. This made rate considerably higher as other hotels charge $20

Cleanliness, friendly and comfortable

• King Room Garden Courtyard

The bartender could've been a little more attentive and more personable. One draft beer with 1 shot of tequilla was over $20, and it wasn't top shelf.

The bed was super comfy and the bedding was equal to what I would purchase for my own bed!

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds Garden Courtyard

I'd prefer a little firmer on the bed and no feather pillows personally. Everything else was splendid.

I liked the patio in my room and the seclusion of my placement. The staff is super upbeat and genuinely pleased to assist you.

My Daughter Had just sang the National Anthem @ the Oakland Stadium for the Monster Jam. We were very tired, and upon arrival at 10:40PM, we found out that our Debt card was declined!! My Husband Johnny, travels all over for work, and something on the machine looked suspicious, so they shut him down.. To late to call anyone.. There was PLENY of money on the card.. My problem with you is HE ALSO HAD PLENTY OF CASH!!! You people would not EVEN take a DEPOSIT. That is the most HORRIFYING THING TO DO TO SOMEONE, THAT IS COMING FROM OUT OF TOWN.. We had 6 KIDS with us. Very tired we finally found a VERY NICE Comfort Inn, VERY PROFESSIONAL!! .. THEY TOOK A DEPOSIT!!! AND when we LEFT, THEY GAVE IT BACK!!!! YOU PEOPLE ARE HORRIBLE!!!

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

• King Room with Pool View

Felt room was a little over priced compared to other hotels in the area.

Mattress was very comfortable. Felt safe and staff was very nice. Very quiet hotel. Room was clean.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

• King Room Garden Courtyard

we found a bb gun pellet in our room, which the staff did not seem worried about. there were stains on the bed, which also did not have a fitted sheet, and it when we came into the bathtub had a giant puddle next to it, which the staff did not address

bed was comfortable and the room was large.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

• King Room Garden Courtyard

I was assigned to room on first floor (which I never request) and had to walk "a mile" down zig-zagging corridor, past meeting rooms and gym, to get to room.

Comfortable room and proximity to freeway without freeway noise.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds Garden Courtyard

Only thing I didn't like was the $200.00 they tacked on to my CC. They said it was for additional charges if needed and would be refunded in 3 to 5 days. Hope that happens, if not, I will be very unhappy and the price per night would be terrible if it cost me $100.00 per night that was not agreed upon at booking. I will have to keep checking my CC for adjustment. If they would have told me that at check in, I would not have a problem. It seems that is a customary activity in CA Hotels as it also happened to me at the Biltmore.

Location was great. Staff very friendly. Bed was awesome.

• King Room - Hearing Accessible

Hotel bar was very expensive. Cocktail hour was limited to beer and wine only. Staff at bar non existant during cocktail hour. They seem to disappear once served and a second beer was out of the question.

The location was near food & entertainment

• Reviewed: 13 September 2016

• King Room Garden Courtyard

The hotel premises are not the newest, bathroom in particular. Even in the quiet room one could hear the highway trafic.

I soooo like this Double Tree cookie :) I also loved Newark/Fremont, we stayed there for a night, before picking up our RV from a rental nearby to head to Burning Man, so it was not a long trip but everything felt very cosy and lovely Reception staff was very friendly, have to mention Zachary in particular - he seemed to be very proud of his workplace and went out of his way to make us feel good. Other receptionists also were very friendly and helpful. Our room was overlooking a small fountain which I found very lovely. The room was pretty spacious.

• Reviewed: 13 September 2016

• King Room Garden Courtyard

nothing really, the value was great, a refrigerator would have been handy.

The location was perfect for access to all San Francisco's attractions. Car parking was included as was a basic breakfast

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

Staff, very unfriendly, being ignored. Told not to book with 3rd party. Cause they don't accommodate. Waited for room 4hours, 90% plus room rate held on credit card for days.

Loved the location, soroundings easy access. Comfortable room spacious. Pool. Bar

• Reviewed: 24 June 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds Garden Courtyard

It was nice to have a small store with snacks. It would have been even nicer to have some magazines and paperbacks for sale. (Maybe even sone postage stamps?) "USA Today" for guests was advertised but not available, neither the day I arrived nor the next morning.

Such nice people, and comfirtable, pleasant room. Thanks for the in-room coffee brewer and CBTL coffee.

Stayed in May 2016

• King Room Garden Courtyard

did not have a refrigerator

nice large room

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with Pool View

It was all good. Loved the balconies.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds Garden Courtyard

receptionist very cold,no smile at all,guest services needs warm welcome

improve american breakfast particularly hash brown

• King Room with Pool View

Microwave, sometimes you need one.

The pool was right outside the patio.

• King Room - Hearing Accessible

Too expensive. Too much deposit required.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds Garden Courtyard

We had trouble finding the elevators. Mother has trouble walking.

Maybe bigger pillows

Everyone there was really friendly and the food was great

• Double Room with Two Double Beds Garden Courtyard

The place is a maze and laid out stupid.

the lobby was far away from our room and that made a long walk to get a cab.

Easy to get to, super comfortable beds.

Everything! The room, their patio, and their services! 😍😍😍

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Elevator having some issues - a little inconvenient but not a huge issue.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds Garden Courtyard

The elevators were out of service, so we had to use the "service" elevator which was a longer walk and not as nice to see the service area.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds Garden Courtyard

It was all good @@ I didn't eat at the restaurant, the bed was well made @@ overall a comfy stay. Good staff @@

I like the pool side view 2nd floor

This is my favorite place to stay

Everything was amazing

• Double Room with Two Double Beds Garden Courtyard

The room that was given to us was really far from the lobby.

The bed was comfortable, good breakfast.

• King Room with Pool View

To quiet...... Oh that was a good thing

It was very clean and presentable.

Loved the room

Room service cold

It was a afordable.

• King Room Garden Courtyard

I loved the warm cookies at check in.

• King Room Garden Courtyard

Tv all channels were pixelated

• King Room Garden Courtyard

There was no breakfast during the time of my stay and Restaurant inside was closed

The bed was very Comfortable and room was nice

Comfortable bed

Close to shopping

I got double charged

Comfy beds

N/a

Everything was so good definitely ever recommend this place