Reviews of Hilton North Raleigh/Midtown 3 stars

3415 Wake Forest Road, Raleigh, NC 27609-7330, USA

#29 of 68 hotels in Raleigh

Great location with comfortable rooms.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The smell of the water in the bathroom was an awful sulfur smell. I had to use a room spray just so I could stand being in the room. And, on the day of checkout, the maid started knocking on our door at 8:00 am; that was annoying.

The breakfast buffet was delicious. The beds were very comfortable and the room was quiet.

Thank you for your recognition of my Hilton's Honors Status. It's great to be a Hilton Member!
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Clean Room. Excellent Breakfast selections each morning. Friendly Staff -- especially at Breakfast. Property renovation was bright and cheerful. Responsive Service.

Everything was okay not the best or the worst
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

I paid for a king room and got 2 double beds with a refrigerator n microwave, I called dwn to service n they could only offer me a queen room with no microwave or refrigerator but it was the same price.....smh

Loved the breakfast

I feel that I was grossly overcharged for what I got.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bed was broken top left corner and I had to sleep crosswise the bed to keep it from dipping and the mattress was old and not what I expected. There was a prom and a college reunion (of MULTIPLE graduating classes) and they were really living it up....loudly. The room was too warm and I could not control the thermostat.

The location was convenient because my husband was a patient in the hospital across the street. The breakfast was great. Unfortunately it was a task to convince the hotel that it was included with my booking.com purchase.

That was NOT worth the money.
    • Double Room with Bath Tub Disablity Access

the pool was closed for both days that we were there and the only effort made to make up for this was a 2 hr extended check out. The main reason I chose this hotel was for the pool and there was no mention of it being closed. The cable tv kept cutting out on most channels, the food at the grille was way too expensive for what you got and there was no breakfast provided and what was available was insanely expensive. When I went to connect to the WiFi my phone kept giving me notices that there was malware trying to get into my phone. I WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN. I did tell staff that were unsatisfied and there was a very apathetic response and again only offered to let us check out 2 hrs later to see if pool would be open later- which it wasn't.

the location

Good with a few exceptions
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

CONSTRUCTION NOISE AND SMELL! The hotel description said it was supposed to be done last December. No refrigerator in room as stated in amenities description. The safety grab bar in the shower is installed incorrectly, it should be straight across or on a diagonal.

Beds were comfortable. Breakfast was good. Was able to get early check-in and later check-out. Very convenient location.

A wonderful experience. We will stay here again when we're in Raleigh.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The single chair in the room was uncomfortable. A refrigerator would have been appreciated.

The breakfast buffet was delicious....many choices. The wait staff was wonderful.....very friendly, helpful, and attentive. The rooms were spacious, clean, and comfortable.

Vacation ruined
    • Executive Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room wasn't as described then I had to pay for their mistake. They are still taking money out of my account and I've paid for both rooms. Didn't order room service, didn't get our breakfast. Just terrible time for my family. Will not be staying here again nor will I recommend this hotel

I will not stay there again.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

It was under construction. So you had to check in the back of the hotel, which was the designated smoking area. So you had to walk through that to check in. I chose to pay at property. Which should not have been an option since they billed me card the day before the stay. Plus the charged a $30 incedental fee that know one informed me of. I will not continue to use booking.com if the hotels offered continue to have "hidden fees" or are truly not a pay at property hotel.

Free Wifi

It was an awe striking experience

No muffins at breakfast

When I went downstairs for the breakfast buffet I was greeted by a very politely and then seated. My waitress went above and beyond ensuring that my buffet experience at the Hilton was everything I could imagine. Thank you for making my visit to Raleigh the most relaxing.

I wouldn't change the staff their wonderful.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Selection of drinks in the bar area.

You have a staff member I think his name was Paul he usually attend to the bar and kitchen services great excellent person wonderful personality so caring I'm glad that he was around to care for us. Thank you Paul

Very nice room, but hotel under renovation
    • Executive Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We were not aware that the hotel was being renovated when we booked our room. We were on the executive lounge floor and the lounge was closed for two of the three days we were there. We were given vouchers for breakfast and apps, but we didn't have access to water, coffee, and snacks as expected in the executive lounge. The temporary restaurant was in a windowless conference room.

The bed was extremely comfortable. The room was large with a long desk and conveniently placed plugs. The shower had fantastic water pressure!

A bargin for a reason

The hot tub was broken. Also the hotel is undergoing renovation so the bar is make shift and no Starbucks.

The staff was great and the bed was very comfortable.

Overall very good!
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Because of the construction the registration desk was in the back, but parking back there was full, so we had to walk from the front to the back while carrying our bags. Also check in lines were really long.

The staff were all kind and accommodating, the food was very good, the room was clean and comfortable, and the bed was awesome!

I had a horrible experience. I had a reservation for two nights and I checked out after one night to

Extremely loud. Construction started at 7 am on Saturday. I got woken up by jackhammering that went on for hours. The cleaning staff were also very loud, screaming up and down the hall way right outside my room.

The room was clean.

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Was not informed prior to booking that hotel was under renovation. Also, was not informed that there was a HUGE New Years Eve party taking place in Ball Room. The place was a zoo until 3 am. The confirmation for my room clearly stated that there was a refrigerator and microwave in my room.....there was not!

Not sure that I will be attending again next year.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Didn't like the walk from back entrance of motel to the venue that we were attending. I know that several older couples that left because they were unable to walk the distance that was required. It was very cold going through to get to venue - Having the crafts etc in the hallway, was jammed. Didn't enjoy our stay this year at all. I feel that this event was scheduled far enough in advance that the construction could have been done. Last year you had a buffet that you could go to during the evening intermission, which was very convenient.

Room was very clean -

not good
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

room was not clean. We were given a room with a queen bed and pull out couch. Had booked a room with 2 queen beds. when we opened the pull out - things that looked like poop fell out, and that bed was not made. took 1 hour for maid to come with linen, due to being greatly understaffed. took another hour to get hypoallergenic pillows. Hotel was "enhanced" (notice that is past tense) which means it was under heavy duty renovations (in present tense). We don't like euphemisms. Restaurant was not open. We were at a conference - the meals were outside, in a tent (25 degrees and only 1 heater blowing on high into the tent.

maids were very friendly. front desk personnel gave a discount for all the things that went wrong.

I’ve stayed at the hotel twice now-and it’s a very nice...

I purchased a room with the total being around $134-in lesser expensive hotels they offer a fridge/microwave,Hilton does not have this in their rooms. The breakfast option is $15 per person;so although it would have been great to just walk downstairs to have breakfast I found that a bit much when again lots of other hotels include breakfast with a stay. My husband ordered a steak/cheese sandwich/fries and it was $16..didn’t realize it @ the time it was ordered;otherwise we would not have ordered it.

I’ve stayed at the hotel twice now-and it’s a very nice hotel; Its convenient to everything and the staff have always been friendly.

Good Stay
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The parking and hotel entrance are tucked away behind the the hotel not facing the street. This may be due to renovations.

If you’re in a hurry, they can email your receipt to you - super speedy checkout by far ...

Go down the street to the extended stay, this place is not worth the money.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We couldn't get served in the restaurant, the pillows were miserably soft and unsupportive, the bed was hard and uncomfortable, and the elevators sounded like they were going to fall apart at any minute. The television remote wasn't working, and after so much that was miserable we just gave up.

The location couldn't be better, right across from the hospital where I was having my surgery.

Checking out

Going through Renovations but wasn’t noted at time of booking (wouldn’t have stayed there had it been). Asked staff questions and was met with rudeness and unwillingness to offer solutions. Wouldn’t return on future business trips.

Checking out

Mediocrity with an inflated price tag!
    • Double Room with Bath Tub Disablity Access

I didn't like that the breakfast was not included in the 150.00 fee for the room. Booking.com advertises breakfast on property when trying to get people to book, but failed to say that the breakfast was seperate price from the room fee. Breakfast buffet was 12.99 per person, and for a family of four, that's not economical. Booking.com has not been forthcoming and truthful with the customer which leads me not to reserve with Booking.com.

Cleanliness of the room!

Wish I had known about the construction. Would have stayed elsewhere.

The building is under a complete renovation, of which we were unaware. The restaurant & bar were moved to a conference room, and it was not clear if they were for general use or for the conference going on in the hotel. The Starbucks in the lobby was closed. I booked 2 rooms, one for my mother. Her room had roaches, possibly stirred up by the construction as she was on the first floor. The road in front of the hotel was also being worked on at night. When we returned to our hotel late on Friday night, we were not allowed to turn into the hotel, but were sent down the road and had to find our way back to an accessible entrance.

The location was good. The bed was comfortable. We were in town for a family wedding and the hotel was able to accommodate several family groups. The pool area was nice, but the pool & spa themselves need attention/cleaning.

Pleasant
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Normally I drink coffee in the morning, but when I opened the top of the machine to pour in water, there was sticky goo inside.

The staff was incredibly helpful. We asked about general information and the staff also found us a taxi that could pick us up almost instantly

The beds was comfortable.

I didn’t like that the pool was freezing and that you didn’t have a refrigerator in your room and that the television would lose service a whole lot.

The beds was comfortable.

It was alright but very noisy when I was trying to get some sleep because They was doing maintenanc.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The room smell and housekeeping opening the door without permission.

The way the employees handle the situation with my room key not working the whole night.

I Was not informed of the renovations and how to get to my...

I Was not informed of the renovations and how to get to my room to avoid the "Do not enter signs" It was a maze to find my room because of this.

Raleigh?

Receptionist not friendly and will ignore your presence. Pillow and comforter were feather filled. Room at the very end of the hall. NO REFRIGERATOR. Was indicated on the room features. Due to the construction, had to retrieve ice from the 2nd floor. (my room was on the 4th).

Room size.

Great stay
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The television in my room had vertical streaks on it and the shower face cover fell off. None of these things would keep me from coming back though.

The staff was very friendly. I love that the indoor pool was open until midnight.

The staff and the rooms were nice

The rooms didn't come with a refrigerator or microwave which I think should of come standard when staying in a up scale hotel

The staff and the rooms were nice

They charged a $30 hold at 2:41am on my card after paying...
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

They charged a $30 hold at 2:41am on my card after paying for the room for damages. When I called the following day He said it would be released once room was good. Which is fine but wish someone would of told me that would happen so I didn't have to panic or waste my time calling.

good

everything was good. but we got no sleep. The ac was turning on and off incessantly, mainly speaking the fan. It was making a beach wave sound the whole night. I'm pretty sure it was isolated to that room. Other than that everything else was great.

The place was under renovations. That says it all.
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

We booked a executive king room.....Understanding that this facility was under renovations, BUT, no access to the executive lounge, because of the renovations, and didn't have a small refrigerator in the room. I believe that this should have been noted when I booked online. When I called the front desk concerning the refrigerator, I was told that I could have one in the room at the cost of a flat fee of $15.00. REALLY? Was very disappointed, but thankful that we had a small cooler in our possession. That is bad business. Hopefully, we'll return sometime next year to see the improvements. Was disappointed with this Hilton, it was NOT up to THEIR normal high standards. YES, I understand the ongoing renovations, and didn't comment on the "pool" elevator vs. the main elevators. YES, we could have gone to another hotel, but that was more of a hassle. Went to check out and was asked why there where two different prices for the room, yes, the person behind the desk asked me that question. I had to ask her what was charged to my credit card, luckily, the price was the same that I had booked online. Honestly, we expected more from the Hilton name.

Shelley, the waitress, she was very nice. She shared her knowledge of the area for things to do and see.

Overall, it was a very nice hotel! But the need to get a real Chef for the restaurant!!! Someone wh
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The restaurant(Skybox) food was horrible!!! No taste, was cold and looked like everything came out of a can!!! Rooms were spacious, but bathrooms could be a bit bigger!

Staff and location was excellent!!

It was nice and clean
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Ac wasnt working. Asked for pak and play they gave a old antique metal crib i felt unsafe for my child who did not sleep all night. I called in advance to see if pak and play was available if not to provide my own they said yes they were.

It was nice and clean

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Great place to stay!

I have zero complaints.

The property was beautiful, & clean. The restaurant/Bar was fantastic. Bed was comfortable, & room was very nice. The fitness center was also fantastic. They have an actual fitness space with several treadmills, elliptical, and bikes, along with a cable machine, free weights, roman chair, & some additional machines. Very nice.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

Early AM surprises dampen an otherwise nice stay at the North
    • Double Room with Bath Tub Disablity Access

Room (241) should not have been rented. Shower attachment not properly attached to wall making showering very difficult. I have to believe this problem was reported earlier by either occupant or cleaning staff because it was quite an obvious defect. It leads me to believe that upon my next stay I need to do a complete inspection of the room when checking in and not relying on the idea all rooms are ready for occupancy when assigned. This being said, I appreciated Hilton absorbing my breakfast charges when I reported the discrepency.

Dining Facilities are excellent. No reason to leave the hotel for meals

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Loved it, but location could be better
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

-Both my keycards didnt work the first time -The location was a bit out of the way for me as I wasnt traveling to raleigh, I was en route and just stopping for the night -Pillows werent firm enough (theyre never firm enough)

-Staff was so nice -Restaurant had tasty food, was quick and wasn't expensive -Interesting lobby design

Avoid the Hilton North Raleigh/Midtown!
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Food choices were extremely limited. There was a Starbucks Coffee lounge in the hotel lobby, but they were not open 24 hours. Most of the time the bar & restaurant were closed. There was no complimentary breakfast or anything of the kind which (we did know in advance) but if Starbucks was not open for business there were no other coffee or even light food choices. On New Year's Eve, after returning from dinner, my date and I returned to the hotel and learned we could not park on the hotel grounds! We were forced to park our rental car in a restaurant parking lot off of the hotel grounds! My biggest concern was that our rental car would be towed! (Thankfully, it was not! But why should a paying guest have to worry about that?!) As we entered the hotel lobby, my date and I were taken aback to find the hotel was completely taken over by two massive parties. The lobby was completely overrun. Armed police officers patrolled the lobby AND every floor throughout the building! Luckily there were a lot of them!! The crowd and atmosphere was obviously not what we expected and it like we accidentally walked into Rap Concert or walked into a bad neighborhood in the south side of Chicago! The only thing I did not immediately notice were metal detectors, but there were probably there as well!! The smell of marijuana permitted the air of the hallways and as one would expect there was a lot of noise. I will NEVER stay at the Hilton again. And I would recommend any future travelers look elsewhere for a more enjoyable visit to Raleigh.

The room was nice and the bed & pillows were comfortable. The shower was nice as were the hotel grounds. The hotel is close to the highway.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

Would Stay Again

The shower had a USED washcloth on top of the shower curtain, which indicated it wasn't cleaned properly. The window had so much condensation the next morning, it was a puddle on the window seal. When I mentioned these issues to the front counter attendant, she didn't seem too worried about it but definitely not rude.

The bed was AMAZING!! So comfortable and warm! The bar area had the nicest bartenders and coldest drinks we could've asked for, and the jacuzzi was the perfect ending to a busy day.

• Reviewed: 24 November 2016

Overall a great stay
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

My room was suppose to come with a microwave and a refrigerator, but it did not have either. This was an extra charge.

The bed was extremely comfortable. I enjoyed to wonderful television and had 7 HBO channels.

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

The hotel was very lovely, the rooms very clean and nice.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Upon check-in I was given the wrong room number and key to a room that was already being occupied...was very displeased because it was very embarrassing trying to open someone elses room door while they were inside...had to carry all my heavy luggage back to the front desk and explain to them that they had obviously given my friend and I the wrong room and key...smh.

The hotel was very lovely, the rooms very clean and nice...and the pillows and beds were soft and comfortable...very satisfied with my stay at the Hilton.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

Clean room, nice staff, but we had a few issues
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

We showed up at 5:00pm to check in with our reservation and they didn't have a room ready for us, it was still being cleaned. We had to wait 10-15 minutes before getting in. Staff was nice and apologetic about it though. In the morning, the breakfast area was very, very over crowded. People were waiting in line to be seated just to serve themselves, and families had to find tables at the nearby Starbucks coffee area to sit and eat. I ordered to go and it took over 35 minutes to get the food. Although again, staff was nice.

Room and bathroom were ultra clean, smelled great and the AC was quieter than other rooms I've been in, although noisey. Very nice staff.

Breakfast and facilities were excelent
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Had to call twice for transport from airport to hotel. Had to wait over an hour at airport because first person never informed the driver about me.

Breakfast and facilities were excelent

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

Meh.

Air conditioner was horrible. I like my hotel rooms to be cold (to the point where I need to use the comforter) this one barely worked even on the lowest setting. Also, they wouldn't allow me to use my Hilton Diamond status because I booked through this site, which has NEVER been a problem before.

Location was convenient

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

Stayed for a national conference over the weekend, and I was...

Hilton, but no fridge in the room? /: not that big of a deal just a minor inconvenience for our group.

Stayed for a national conference over the weekend, and I was pretty surprised since this seemed like a smaller venue than usual. Was also surprised cause our conference had to have overflow hotels, but we were still able to book a room no problem, and on the first floor right by some main doors! Bed was comfy, room kinda smelled like smoke at first. Check out was quick and easy. Gym has adequate equipment.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

MY FIRST STAY

Parking spaces are too small. Each one needs to be increased about 3 to 4 inches in width.

The bed sheets looked very clean, room was without eyesore. I loved the chair by the window! Bathroom and mirrors were very nice!

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

amazing gym, starbucks at location, near restaurants.

need more help at the front desk, there was only one when I arrived and she seemed in a bad mood.

amazing gym, starbucks at location, near restaurants.

My room was never cleaned during my entire stay.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

My room was never cleaned during my entire stay. Housekeeping was poor.

I love that everthing was right there

I love that everthing was right there

That my room was changed without notification
    • King Corner Room

That my room was changed without notification

The house keeping people just walk into my room without...
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

The house keeping people just walk into my room without knocking or letting it know. That they was housekeeping while I was sleep in morning

I liked my overall experience at the Hilton
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

upon check in Kiristi wasn't friendly.

I liked my overall experience at the Hilton

Everything was great!!The bed was very comfortable

Check in was fast and easy.. friendly staff and clean rooms

Open Lobby
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Stains on pillow cases and the DUST

Open Lobby

I loved the bar and the bartenders.

I loved the bar and the bartenders. Beautiful play to stay at.

A lot of things

horrible

Drunks knocking on my room door all hours of the night. Paper thin walls.

updated room

Plenty of parking & the staff was great
    • Executive Queen Room

Plenty of parking & the staff was great

There was no refrigerator or microwave in the room or the...
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

There was no refrigerator or microwave in the room or the hotel to use.

Outstanding

Cleaness

Hotel under construction and that was not made clear when i...
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Hotel under construction and that was not made clear when i booked.

Was woke up at 8 am on a Sunday due to construction work

Was woke up at 8 am on a Sunday due to construction work

Amazing Property
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Only issue was renovation going on... no major problems.

Luv it

it was clean, the pool and hot tub were amazing and the...
    • Double Room with Bath Tub Disablity Access

it was clean, the pool and hot tub were amazing and the staff was very friendly!

There for my son going to MEPS

Property was very clean

There were a couple of events going on but the service was...
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Still in renovation but it was quite and still comfortable.

There were a couple of events going on but the service was still great....

The location was close to everything downtown!
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Renovations were being done and the restaurant was not what I expected

The location was close to everything downtown!

Didn't know that the hotel was under renovations until...
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Didn't know that the hotel was under renovations until getting there. But none of that was actually in the way of our needs.

NYE party and room was great
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

The stay was very nice despite the renovations that are taking place at this facility.

Too loud and noisy around 12 am
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Noise, small bed, no refregitator as said

Too loud and noisy around 12 am

Nice area
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Checking in took almost 45 minutes parking was crazy because they were having a party in the ball room

Nice area

Everything was great

Everything was good

Everything was so neat wnd clean and comfortable and staff was very nice