Reviews of Omni Oceanfront Resort Hilton Head Island 4 stars

23 Ocean Lane, Hilton Head Island, SC 29928, USA

#3 of 38 hotels in Hilton Head Island

• Ocean View Studio Suite with Two Queen Beds

Upon checking in I gave permission to authorize the remaining balance, but every night my credit card was being authorized for $800 plus dollars each night without my permission. I had to call the front desk every morning to see why and they couldn’t give me a definite answer but kept calling the merchant and the merchant kept saying the authorizations would be released in 24 hours. So I still have 3 pending authorizations on my credit card that has not been released. I’m so angry!!

The property was beautiful and very relaxing. The amenities were wonderful!

• Ocean View Studio Suite with King Bed

Property was well maintained, staff very friendly and welcoming. The food was delicious, thought HH Prime was a little pricey though. If you eat there get bottled water (hint). Buoy restaurant poolside was great and drinks were delicious.

• Courtyard View Studio Suite with King Bed

Value for the money could have been better. Room price ended up being cheaper directly with the resort but unfortunately price could not be modified. Everything is very expensive ($10 drinks, $5 brownie, etc. )

ALL of the Staff was beyond friendly from the time you pulled up. Room was basic king resort view and we thought it was great-kitchenette was a nice touch. Everything on the resort very easy to get to.

• Resort View Studio Suite with King Bed

When I received an email from the manager I replied and asked if there could be flowers in the room for our anniversary. Didn’t receive any flowers or response. Also when I booked the room it’s stated online that the room was going for $183 a night. The BILL said $245.65 per night plus all the taxes. WE WERE VERY DISAPPOINTED IN THAT. I realize you’re not going to do anything about it but it was deceptive.

We’ve been here before and love almost everything about the place.

• Resort View Studio Suite with King Bed

In-room Wolfgang Puck coffee was mediocre; I used the one Mighty Leaf herbal tea bag in my room on the first day and it didn't get replenished. The selection of food in the Palmetto Market was very limited and did not look very fresh.

Loved walking on the beach, it is one of the most beautiful beaches I've been to on the east coast. Our room was huge. Loved hanging out around the pools during the day and around the fire pits in the evening. My Peet's latte from the Palmetto Market was great!

• Resort View Studio Suite with Two Queen Beds

One suggestion I have is to move the basketball net away from the adult pool. The ball bounced over the railing 3 times while we were there. It's rather dangerous if those on the deck aren't paying attention.

Bed was comfy. Enjoyed facing the garden and listening to the music, the children playing the games, and the sound of the sea. Lots to do for individuals, partners, or families. We enjoyed the sports bar. The manager was great. She's was accomodating and very friendly.

• Courtyard View Studio Suite with Two Queen Beds

The ocean water was cold and muddy...smile.

My son loved the mattresses especially because they were so comfortable. Breakfast was a treat and yes the eggs were fluffy even with cheese.

• Resort View Studio Suite with Two Queen Beds

Room location was as far away from facilities as possible. Difficulty getting luggage cart to South building and back. Upon returning to our room on the last day we found the door to be propped open by the inside lock/latch bar. Anyone could have entered!!! Fitness facilities were horrible!!!! One weight station with one set of straps. Terrible Elliptical machine. Wouldn't qualify as a fitness room anywhere I have been. I have seen better in little business motels. I would expect much more from a relatively expensive resort.

• Ocean View Studio Suite with King Bed

When I checked in the the front desk person said all was ready. This was about 3:45 pm. Then the front desk person next to mine whispered something to my person and somehow my room was not ready. I was in no hurry so I did not object. We left, did a bit of shopping and went to Mass. We returned at about 6:15 to be told there was still not a room ready!! At that time I had a discussion with the front desk person (the same one as before). After that I was upgraded to a suite and the next day the head of front desk Spoke with me. The whole incident could have been avoided with a bit of common sense.

• Ocean View Studio Suite with Two Queen Beds

The extra fees for what are normal amenities at other hotels was too much.

I enjoyed the courtesy and friendliness of the staff. The food at HH PRIME restaurant was superb! I would love to eat there again.

• Courtyard View Studio Suite with Two Queen Beds

I wish I could have stayed longer! We never wanted for anything at all. The room was clean and comfortable and the view was outstanding. The staff provided everything we could have needed.

This property was everything we could have wanted and more. The resort was beautiful, the staff was excellent, the walk to the beach was 2 minutes from our room. The view was gorgeous, the pool and poolside drink service was a extra bonus. The food at the sports bar was great. We couldn't have asked for a better family vacation.

• Traditional King Suite

We booked and paid for an oceanview room but was given a resort view. When we inquired about upgrading our room the staff said their wasn’t any available but there webpage said different.

• Courtyard View Studio Suite with King Bed

The only thing we thought needed improving, were the pillows. They were small and soft, they would get flat as a pancake. Perhaps, you add something other than downfilled, and increase the size, especially in the king size bed.

The property was very clean. The staff was genuinely kind and helpful, from the moment we checked in until the moment we left. The resort was environmentally friendly. They used a lot of safe products in and around the room, which is amazing. We look forward to going back next year.

The bathroom was a outdated. Tub was older and shower curtains in hotels creep me out. Carpets were soiled. Staff did their best.

Kitchenette was very nice! View and balcony was nice. Staff super friendly!

• Resort View Studio Suite with Two Queen Beds

Carpet had some stains. Water in shower looked like it had rust in it.

Nice amenities, right on the beach, family friendly, food service quick and tasty if needed to eat something. Great service by the pool areas. Wanted to upgrade our room after we arrived and they were able to accommodate.

• Resort View Studio Suite with Two Queen Beds

It was so expensive everywhere in the hotel. I was not told that I would have to pay more then I already had paid. At check out I was not explained how much you were charging me.

• Resort View Studio Suite with King Bed

Super friendly staff, great pools and hot tub. Beautiful courtyard, very good access to the beach. Spacious parking lot, everything close but still a comparatively silent place. Would go again. Recommend to book Seaview or Courtyard View and second floor or above. Felt absolutely safe.

• Ocean View Studio Suite with King Bed

Drinks were hella expensive at their bars. Minimum 10 for anything.

Staff were all great and made a great deal of effort to make sure you were able to find things to do!

• Resort View Studio Suite with King Bed

The extra fees. I was given a price, and then was charged extra for three rooms for what amounted to a day and a half stay. It was disappointing. We were not offered the option to have the fees and I am used to amenities being just that. We were told we would have courtyard rooms and two of the rooms faced the parking lot.

the beautiful grounds and the direct access to the beach. The comfort of the place and the friendly smiles of the workers.

• Luxury Oceanfront King Suite

The small bathtub/shower in a Luxery king suite needs to be updated.

Amazing one night stay the staff was sharp dressed and really just polite and eager to please. Very impressive!!!!

• Resort View Studio Suite with King Bed

The 1st night we were tired from the week & travel, so we decided to order Room service. We did not agree with the extra Service Charges imposed by the Hotel, Tips noted on the receipt went to the Hotel rather than the Waiter. Other Service charges understandable. We included a generous tip for him. We were Disappointed that the Poolside Bar & Café was not open for the weekend, especially for the amount of guest that were there. It was apparent that it was not a problem to staff & open the Icy Stand. It was also apparent that their were Omni Representatives there that had the Red Carpet rolled out for their visit. As a Guest, I expected the same for our visit. It would have been nice to have been informed that the Poolside Café would not be open or Beach Chairs & Umbrellas would not be available.

The property was very beautiful & Omni Resort had a lot to offer family enjoyment & pleasure. We thoroughly enjoyed our King Suite & the configurations that were present on our bed daily. All of the staff were friendly, from the pool cleaners to the front door. The property was very clean & pleasurable. Liked the daily sign showing Sunrise, Tides & Water Temperature, etc.

• Ocean View Studio Suite with King Bed

Restaurant prices was a bit high went out to eat.Don't really want to leave out money that could have stayed in the resort got a great steak for $10 to 15 cheaper outside the resort.

I found every very nice the resort was wonderful.

• Resort View Studio Suite with King Bed

you could have a rest room/bathroom for the adult pool!!!!!!! even a portable one

the bar staff was excellent the food was also outstanding. buoy bar server Shana-Kay was friendly and helpful.

• Ocean View Studio Suite with King Bed

That there wasn't an inside pool for chilli weather.

I love the cleanest of the entire property. The environment was exceptional, very relaxing.

• Resort View Studio Suite with King Bed

Ocean view rooms should be described as partial ocean view as you see more pool than ocean but still very beautiful.

Resort was great, seems newly renovated. Friendly staff. Not overly crowded.

• Resort View Studio Suite with Two Queen Beds

The location was amazing! We had a resort view room, but had a beautiful view of the resort pool and the ocean! The staff was helpful and accommodating.

• Resort View Studio Suite with King Bed

Outside bar did not open due to seasonality.

Comfortable beds, clean rooms and property. Fantastic service top to bottom. Will recommend and will definitely revisit.

• Resort View Studio Suite with Two Queen Beds and Roll-in Shower ADA

Leaving...

The staff were very helpful and the rooms were great - one of the best hotels around. From the comfortable beds and pillows to three pools and beach access. Definitely a new place to stay while on Hilton Head.

• Ocean View Studio Suite with Two Queen Beds

A handle to hold onto in the shower would have been nice.

Clean, large, and comfortable room. The staff were friendly and courteous. We mentioned to the front desk clerk that we were there to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Later that night, we were pleasantly surprised by room service with a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine and chocolate covered strawberries. We would definitely stay here again.

• Resort View Studio Suite with Two Queen Beds

Outdoor seating area was dirty/dusty

Staff went above and beyond--my family stayed here for a birthday and they had a cake waiting in the room for us.

• Resort View Studio Suite with King Bed

My husband and I spent the weekend at Omni Resort in Hilton Head to celebrate us and life! There isn’t anything negative to say about this resort or the staff. Beautiful property, excellent staff and delicious food!

• Resort View Studio Suite with King Bed

They assume you want everything charged to the room when dining at their on-site restaurants.

Friendly staff and great accommodations. This was our first time staying at the Omni Resort and we were not disappointed. The staff was super friendly and greeted you every time you were seen on property. The rooms were very spacious and the bathroom was perfect for a couple (his and hers sinks😉). Most room locations had easy access to every amenity or sight needing to be seen. The ocean was breathtaking. The on-site gym was so clean AND if you forget your ear buds, like I did, no problem. They have disposable ones available. We ate at the XO sports bar and the bartender was so sweet to make sure that we could watch the Olympics, even after one channel had ended coverage. We really loved this trip and would definitely make it there again.

• Resort View Studio Suite with King Bed

Weather could have been warmer 😀 but not under your control!

The room was large and very clean! Staff, including both bellmen, were really friendly! Had a late dinner in the XO Bar-best hamburger 🍔 we’ve had in a long time! Mike, the bartender, made us feel very welcomed. We have been back there a couple of times since we moved into the rental property.

• Resort View Studio Suite with King Bed

We booked a rom with an ocean view. And when we got there she had said that we wouldn’t be getting that one and stuck us in a room without much of a view.

The bed was comfy. Pillows where nice and it was super clean

See above

I booked a king room with a resort view and got a room with a view of a parking lot. The pet fee was unreasonable at $200.00 and was not listed on website for viewing in advance. I actually had an attendant enter the room while I was I the rest room. We were charged a $22.00 per day resort fee in January and none of the resorts amenities are usable except the hot tub which should be included for a $200.00/ night room. Overall not a good experience and I was celebrating my wife's 61st birthday. We won't be using this particular resort in the future and cannot, in good faith, recommend it to anyone.

• Resort View Studio Suite with King Bed

Some of the towels were dingy and need to be discarded. As we were leaving, was about to use the hand towel hanging and when it unraveled it had brown make up stains on the other side of it. No one in my room had brown make up so that was disappointing.

The bed and size of room

• Ocean View Studio Suite with King Bed

It took me 3 days to get a light bulb replaced! Guest services didn’t clean our room second day we were there, tried to say our do not disturb was on our door- that wasn’t the case. Were no thorough or consistent- forgot water- refills on condiments etc. Had no idea it was a dog friendly resort- walls are thin: people slam their doors without consideration to the next door neighbors and listened to barking dogs.

The restaurant food was amazing, market prices were high, Amy and Michael in the bar amazing staff!

• Ocean View Studio Suite with King Bed

reserved an ocean view room. first room was only a partial view. they did move us but that shouldn't have been necessary. also went for Christmas and very little decoration or even white lights :(

HH Prime restaurant Games in walk up service area Adults only pool available Size of mini fridge

• Resort View Studio Suite with King Bed

Bathroom and outside pool area (hot tub) could have been cleaned better.

Nice, large rooms with comfortable bed. Great view on courtyard and the beach.

• Resort View Studio Suite with Two Queen Beds

This resort was aces! From the location, to the room to the upgraded Oceanview when we got there, the Staff especially Nomah who worked at the front desk and pretty much catered to our every need! She went above and beyond making us comfortable and our vacation enjoyable ! We also met the general manager, Theo, Who couldn't of been more pleasant and accommodating! We will definitely be back!

• Resort View Studio Suite with Two Queen Beds

Parking at times was a little crowded, but overall it was fine...

Direct access to the beach, bike rental was on-site, balcony in room, and it wasn't all stuffy - the room smelled good.

• Resort View Studio Suite with King Bed

very rigid and unhelpful desk staff during check-in and check-out. Would not honor original booking quote, or military discount as quoted during the phone call which is reason we chose to stay at this location. Not resolved (billing).

nice beach and pet friendly

• Resort View Studio Suite with Two Queen Beds

I didn't like hearing the leaf blowers in the morning while sitting on the balcony trying to hear the ocean.

I loved the beach in October. Room was clean and comfy. Staff was great. Entire property was very clean. The spa was really relaxing. Had a great massage and facial.

• Resort View Studio Suite with Two Queen Beds

Have an electric vehicle that couldn’t be charged because the property doesn’t have a charging station. Not even an outlet, really? The next day I simply booked a stay at the Sonesta hotel next door just because they had chargers on their property. If you really want to change this the charger is offered free for business, you just have to install it. Contact Tesla.

Location, beaches

• Ocean View Studio Suite with King Bed

We ordered room service which included a $4 fee and a 20% service charge. The staff told us, and the front desk confirmed, that the service charge did not go to the staff and an additional gratuity was expected. That results in a 40+% being added to the menu price. The menu pricing is deceiving and, needless to say, we only used room service the one time. We dined outside the hotel after this incident and will probably not return to this location.

• Ocean View Studio Suite with Two Queen Beds

Our room location was VERY disappointing. Ocean View? No really - more like pool view. The ping pong table was right below our balcony and every morning I got to wake up to people hitting ping pong balls and expressing game enthusiasm. Not once could I enjoy my morning coffee on my balcony usually a vacation favorite time. Also, located right at the elevators and so very noisy. Rooms are not insulated enough to not hear elevator chimes, doors slamming, people laughing and talking. I talked to the front desk after checking out the room upon arrival but they told me since I booked through a third party this was the best they could do. They reserve their "good rooms" for guests that book directly with the hotel. Really!

Very comfortable beds. Nice kitchenette services. Pools were beautiful and it was fantastic to have an adult only pool. Food at the Buoy bar was very good and service excellent.

• Ocean View Studio Suite with King Bed

This resort was beautiful! Located in the quieter part of the island and steps from the incredible beach and three pools (one adult only). Rooms were recently redone and the decor is awesome and very large with a kitchen and eating area, a very comfortable bed and generous living room and balcony. Many varieties of food were available on site but great restaurants abound in the island. Bike and beach chair rentals available right on the property. Very friendly and helpful staff.

• Ocean View Studio Suite with King Bed

having to leave early because of Irma, but better safe than sorry

comfortable, clean and convenient. loved the towel critters each day! you don't even have to leave the resort. would go back

• Resort View Studio Suite with Two Queen Beds

2 broken irons. 2nd set of towels were dirty.

Room size, beyond expectations. Food and snack options. Adult pool, kid pools. Live music. Smoores at the fire pit. Plenty of comfy seating options outside. Tried to book Westin as first option but no availability. Visited Westin property during stay and I'm glad we didn't stay there, preferred Omni property. Omnis property is much nicer, the foliage and ambience, beach access.

The place is showing its age, despite being recently decorated. The corridors to the rooms resemble some poorly lit pedestrian underpasses. They could do with brightening up. The HH prime restaurant is expensive and the other options for evening meals are limited to low-end food. The food however is generally very good, whatever you have. The Sports Bar was cold and unwelcoming (not the staff or the customers but the layout and decor).

The staff was very welcoming, friendly and helpful. The rooms are of a good size, with equally well proportioned balconies. The beds were very comfortable. The three pools had space, beds and shade enough for everyone. Towels for the poolside were not rationed like some other places.

• Resort View Studio Suite with King Bed

The beach should have free of charge chairs. More lighting during the evening near the games area; this will allow kids to play and for the parents to see them.

Great place! We loved the beach, the pools and fire pits.

• Ocean View Studio Suite with Two Queen Beds

The staff did not communicate to us the room was changed due to AC repair thus when we arrived we were surprised to get a different room.

The location and the facility was excellent. Definitely would recommend to stay again.

• Courtyard View Studio Suite with Two Queen Beds

A great pet friendly hotel!! The breakfast buffet was delicious and the staff, hostess, waiters and cooks were super friendly. Couldn't ask for a better location right off the beach. Will definitely be back next year

• Resort View Studio Suite with King Bed

The room that I was given was next to the rooms that were floated and they were in process of cleaning up . there were large fans in the hallway which were run all the time and made a lot of noise which made it impossible to sleep . The room that I had was an upgrade which I also was charged extra for it . I although I liked the hotel and location but not sure if I go back there anymore .

location ,staffs

• Courtyard View Studio Suite with King Bed

Not enough seating around the pool. Bed was very uncomfortable Our room wasn't ready when we arrived 2 hours after check in. We were offered 2 queens instead of one king. This was refused. They changed our room at this time and we ended up right next to the elevator which is less than optimal. The pictures on booking.com made this resort look much nicer than it actually was.

Proximity to the beach.

• Resort View Studio Suite with King Bed

Bed sheets had pills, were clean, but maybe slept on to many times- should have been newer .... The way the doors open and close between the bathroom and clothes closet could have been designed better

• Resort View Studio Suite with Two Queen Beds

Excellent customer service by all staff members. Our cleaning service went beyond what was expected. The front office, the bell hop,the transportation service,security, etc. were all accommodating and so friendly. We loved how accessible the beach was to the property. My family and I would love to stay at the Omni again.

• Resort View Studio Suite with King Bed

I felt the prices were high, even for a resort. $5.50 for a domestic beer, 9.50 for a well drink cocktail is not competitive these days on Hilton Head Island.

food was excellent, as was the staff.

• Resort View Studio Suite with King Bed

The description of the deluxe king rooms are misleading, the resort view is overlooking the parking lot, the mattress is sagging old and wifi intermittent, overpriced

The lower level staff were very helpful and the beach location was good

• Ocean View Studio Suite with Two Queen Beds

I can not say anything negative, because we had a great time.

It was a great place. It was our first time visiting Hilton Head and we are planning our summer vacation to return next year.

• Ocean View Studio Suite with King Bed

Do not pay extra for an Ocean View room. The view is mostly of a parking lot with a sliver of ocean beyond it.

The staff was extremely friendly and would go the extra mile to please. The zero entry pool and proximity to the beach was a highlight. I also loved having a small kitchenette and dining table. It made the trip feel more like having an apartment with the luxuries of maid and room service.

• Ocean View Studio Suite with Two Queen Beds

Nickel and dime you for everything. The the cost and resort fee you get very slow internet and nothing for the kids in that cost.

Beaches we're not crowded and peaceful to relax on.

• Ocean View Studio Suite with King Bed

It is very expensive for this location!! Very difficult to justify that since we have had much better rooms for a lot less. Still loved it and had a great time.

Super nice and friendly staff! They make you feel so welcome. They gave us a room perfect fot our needs. Not too high up as I hate elevators and right near the adult pool since we had no children with us. Exceptional beach access straight from our room to the beach. Will be back as soon as we can😁

• Ocean View Studio Suite with Two Queen Beds

I know the following disappointment is normal practice with hotels to charge for use of beach umbrella and chairs, however if they were just included the added convenience would have made the trip more enjoyable. Other that, our stay at the Omni was wonderful.

Beautiful piece of property.

• Resort View Studio Suite with King Bed

Over priced food items at the Market. HH Prime food was over priced , should have been better tasting.

The king size bed was super comfortable. We loved walking right out to the beach everyday The view of the court yard was lovely.

• Resort View Studio Suite with Two Queen Beds

The on site restuarant was expensive.

The Omni had events everyday and evening for the kids. One night there was a movie at at the pool and another night they had a smores social event for the kids. All through the day they had dance competitions, beach obstacle courses, craft stations, name that tune, and trivia games. Very family friendly, can't wait to go again.

• Resort View Studio Suite with King Bed

Lunch at the pool bar was expensive. We paid almost $100 for the five of us to eat. Did it once and never ate lunch there again.

Views and location. Sonesta has the outdoor amenities beat though.

• Resort View Studio Suite with King Bed

Sometimes the pool is so busy it is hard to find a chair.

The bed was super comfortable. The resort is beautiful and the staff is friendly. The pool area is lots of fun.

• Resort View Studio Suite with Two Queen Beds

I cannot think of anything that I didn't like except for the fact that someone did not turn in the ping pong equipment, so we weren't able to play for several hours.

I loved that they had pool side trivia (which we won as a family) and other activities centered around kids and family. The atmosphere was relaxing and safe.

• Ocean View Studio Suite with Two Queen Beds

I didn't like that you had to rent beach chairs and an umbrella - with four of us, it was an added $100 a day.

The location and hotel itself were very nice!

• Ocean View Studio Suite with King Bed

I was on the side of the hotel where wedding reception carried on until 10pm. Super loud. And I had a beach view room but it was overlooking an ugly parking lot.

The spaciousness. Easy beach acceas, private community.

• Resort View Studio Suite with King Bed

The king bed was awful. One side slanted downhill and I had to lay very close to the person next to me, which eliminates the purpose of a queen bed. Sofa bed was also very rough!

Great staff. Beach access was great. Pete's coffee was able to make me a fantastic version of my fave Starbucks latte! The beach was heaven. It was not over crowded and we had nothing but a fabulous time! HOUSEKEPING WAS STELLAR!!!

• Courtyard View Studio Suite with Two Queen Beds

Having to rent the umbrella/chair was a little hassle. We understand that staff cannot help with setting it up on the beach so guests have to on their own, otherwise you can rent from the Life Guards for more expensive but I wish the hotel had a discounted rate for beach rental for our entire stay. Like special rates for 3-4 day rentals rather set $25 each day. Its gets a little pricey if you're staying 5 days.

Location Beachfront!! Beautiful resort property. Having the option of the adult pool away from children and loud noise. Great rooms and very friendly staff all around.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

• Courtyard View Studio Suite with Two Queen Beds

The bed linens appeared to have stains on them of what looked like urine. The staff promptly came and changed them out...but it was not the first thing you wanted to see upon arrival.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

• Ocean View Studio Suite with King Bed

Bed was well used, too soft for us.

Adult pool, close to everything, centrally located, quiet, size of room, ocean view, ocean front, lots of pool seating, good food and drinks.

Browse Omni Oceanfront Resort Hilton Head Island traveller photo gallery