Reviews of Hilton Palacio del Rio 4 stars

200 South Alamo Street, San Antonio, TX 78205, USA

#29 of 301 hotels in San Antonio

The parking could be improved it's $42 a night and it's congested and it takes a while to get your car.

The staff, was extremely friendly and helpful. The breakfast was amazing. The hotel is beautifully renovated.

That when you book you don't know if you get river walk view or no shower but other than that perfect!

Well I actually liked everything and so did my kids they loved it!

• King Room with River View

The only thing that I thought was maybe not to cool was the cleaning lady took my bath towel that I had used and hung it back up on the rack wet. Which this was not really all that bad there was another one folded up under the counter.

The best part of my stay was the location, and the view. I had a awesome time

Valet was 42.00 a night. You can park in the same garage they use for half price. The room was very dusty in the sun light, had to self clean. The air conditioning was ALMOST a problem. It really couldn’t keep the room cold for comfort at night but it was good enough. I would stay again.

It’s was very modern and a great location. Great access to the hemisphere park and playground.

It was a tad pricey, but assuming location location location, but not needed to fee everything, mainly parking is 45 a night. So factor that into you budget

Location, design, staff, ammenities, and cleanliness were unsurpassed.

Everything was great but our ice machine was broken on our floor and although reported several times, never fixed.

Access to Riverwalk and nearby attractions

• Double Room with River View

I was told when I checked in that I could do valet parking for $45 something per day or I could self park on levels 7-9 in a nearby parking garage for $18 a day and could come and go. I drove to the garage and couldn’t get into floors 7-9, but thought I’d figure it out later-it required a bar code I didn’t seem to have. The next day I needed to leave to go to Sea World, I stopped to pay and told the attendant I was staying at the hotel but couldn’t get into the 7-9 floors. She said they should give me a parking pass with a barcode, so I had to pay $30. I told my spouse to talk to the front desk and get a parking pass and see about a refund for the difference I had to pay. He went and talked to them, the lady told him there’s no parking pass, that the valet was $42 something per day or we were on our own. Seems like they don’t know what’s what regarding parking, and $30-$45 a day to park is absolutely ridiculous.

The staff was very friendly, hotel was very clean in a great location! Love the balcony, the pool is great, just a small area with not enough chairs.

• King Room with River View

Being next to the elevators, and the cost.

The staff was great, so friendly! The balcony overlooking the river was perfect for morning coffee. Only very small complaint was that we were next to the elevators.

Unfortunately, the a/c in my hotel room was not working properly, which made my stay a bit uncomfortable. The worst part is that we are local residents and had considered cancelling our reservation because the a/c at home had broken down and we wanted to save the money for the unexpected expense. But, we decided to keep our reservation so we could sleep comfortably for 1 night..... this was not the case. We left a hot home, to sleep in a hot hotel room.

The view was amazing! The staff was very friendly and welcoming. The hotel was very clean and great location.

Parking really was horrible. Valet parking was quite expensive.

The staff was very nice and would check on us through out our stay to be sure we were satisfied.

Was not offered to carry our luggage up to room. Accounting errors. Price at hotel was greater then offered on booking.com

Walking in to a great atmosphere. Clean room. Clean restroom.

We stayed next to extremely loud, drunk guests. We called the lobby at 2:40am for a noise complaint and was promised someone would be up to check on it. Nobody ever came up and our neighbors didn’t go to sleep until 4:30am, which means we didn’t go to sleep until that time either. Was extremely disappointed.

The location was AMAZING. Everything was within walking distance.

I didn’t like the fact that there was no free breakfast since the cost of the room was $197 for river view. At least a continental breakfast would have been ok, since we traveled with kids for a baseball tournament.

Shower spread in and out of tub, so water was everywhere. We could not get the room to cool past 71, so we were hot through the night

Omelete was great! Bed was comfortable

• Double Room with River View

Only parking available was $42 a day valet parking off site. And because I used a debit card they put a hold on double the amount of the room.

Location was perfect! Right on the River walk. Riverside restaurant was perfect.

We really couldn't enjoy the balcony like we wanted birds and bird mess every where.

The bed was so comfortable we didn't want to even get out of it. The bathroom was very nice as well but I thought it was just a stand up shower, but still nice.

The parking fee is pretty high at greater than $40/day, seems exorbitant

The beds were comfortable, food was delicious, very hospitable service and we were right off the river strip!

• Double Room with River View

Our room Was a bit noisy as it was close to the Road and being on the Riverwalk can be noisy in the evening with partying etc

The staff is amazing at this hotel They were so friendly and helpful

We booked a king bed and received a queen. Asked for a view of the city and did not receive. Balcony. Pool, and gym were very small.

Staff was the best part of our stay.

if you book through booking.co they do not give you the points associated with Hilton Honors club which is annoying since you still pay for your rooms... Won't stay at Hilton any more.

ok location

Valet parking price was outrageous with no other parking option. Front desk staff at checkin was not very friendly.

The location on the Riverwalk was excellent. Wait staff at the restaurant was great. Food was good.

Well I went on a weekend that “Fiesta” was still taking place. So there was no more free parking at the hotel. Only 30$ ones. And the extra 50$ hold after check was a bummer. But everything else was amazing 👍🏽👍🏽

I liked the location. Walking distance everywhere and a direct outlet to the river. Nice clean and comfy rooms.

First of all I hated the fact that I couldn’t get in touch with booking.com until now. I didn’t want to cancel but wanted to be moved to a better hotel and I couldn’t. I was not happy at all and will never book with booking.com. I will also not recommend this site. Hotel was old and beds very uncomfortable. Location was great. That’s about it.

Location only!!

We really liked how everyone was friendly and helped to accommodate us to making our stay as easy as possible and to make sure or view was what we were expecting.Their valet people were wonderful!

Great place to stay and right next to the Riverwalk! All of the staff at the Hilton were very friendly and helpful. The rooms are very spacious, clean, and equipped with everything you’ll need.

All was good except the first night I had to go to 3 different floors to find a working ice vending machine.

It was at the center of the areas ee wanted to attend.

Upon check in security told us we couldn’t take the cooler to the room. A family of 4 with a 10 month old needed the cooler. We had to take everything out and put it on ice in the trash cans and the tiny frig in the room. When checking out there were 3 guests checking out with coolers..... hmmmm. Oh yeah forgot to mention the ice machine on our floor didn’t work.

The front desk brought extra towels lightening fast.

The service was great at the bar . That trail mix really compliments the drinks before the event we went to. The parking services were super fast. The room was really nice even on the 20th floor . We had fun when we returned to the hotel. The elevators worked really good . The view from the room was spectacular.

• King Room with River View

I was unable to book a room with Bookings . com but you apparently took what info i had given and booked the room. I did not know it was confirmed until several days later.

Tried to go to dinner at their restaurant, and even though there were many empty tables, was told there would be a long wait. It was late and we didn't wait. Went to a place along the Riverwalk that was excellent.

Very nice, comfortable room. Perfect location for the Riverwalk and other downtown attractions. When bartender downstairs heard about our bad experience at their restaurant, and that it was my birthday, she sent up some treats to our room. Very nice touch.

Price was a little high with the parking being so far away. My parking ticket did not work when I went to park.

The bed was comfy...we found a sock from the previous user(s). facilities were very nice and very close to event we attended. We left behind a jacket and Lost and Found staff (Ray) did a great job getting it back to my wife.

I'm a coffee drinker and the coffee in the room looked appealing, but when I went to make some they had already filled the coffee pot up with water. Which I could assume would be for convenience but it just kind of grossed me out. I don't know how long the water had been in there where the water came from...

The room overlooking the Riverwalk was absolutely gorgeous! And the view was breathtaking. Having a balcony was a great bonus! This hotel is very very nice. Don't overlook the restaurant in the hotel for your breakfast in the morning. It may not be a complimentary Buffet but they do do a breakfast buffet in the morning and it is a greater value than anything else you could purchase on the Riverwalk area.

Restaurants owned by the Hilton Property were all under Staffed. How ever there are many other places to eat with in walking distance.

Amazing location. Would not need a vehicle if visiting the River Walk while staying here.

I asked for some flowers or chocolate on the bed ,it was my wife birthday and they forgot, although the parking was extremely high , 42$ for vallet it's redicoulos, 300$ for this hotel it's super expensive, the receptionist girl was so rude to us and with ATTITUDE,we asked if it's possible to get River view and she answer with super attidue almost laughs on us (we check in at 10 pm ) when the hotel was not bussy at all even if it coast money there is a way to answer to guests..

the waiters on the restaurant speacly an old lday name Yolanda , she was amazing ..

• King Room with River View

The service in the restaurant on the river walk located in the hotel was very bad and the food was not that great. Our appetizer came out cold and we ended up leaving and just ordering room service in the hope it was better.

The view was amazing and the staff was very friendly.

all good

Great place, convenient, clean and comfortable. Close to convention center and had a warm, intimate yet modern and sophisticated feel. Definitely would stay again!

A little pricey but extremely nice and clean. Parking should have been included with the price of the room.

Location was perfect! We were able to walk everywhere we wanted.

• King Room with River View

Hotel lost our luggage, room was little noisy at night, door lock had an issue and kept locking us out. Restaurant was sub-par. Food choices were few and poor quality.

Room was comfortable, staff were polite and helpful. Location was awesome. We watched parade on the river from our balcony!.

2 hours trying to park, walked to lobby while wife sat in line in the truck just to be told itd be an unknown length of time to wait. Parked @ friends place & used uber to get back. Didnt get to clean up or rest up before our honeymoon night out. Informed front desk another party was paying for room, was told it would be taken care if upon arrival. Authorization charge to my card for total taken anyways before arrival, friend paid cash, now im told 5-7 business days ti get my money back. Money that wasnt suppose to be taken in the 1st place. Luckily our honeymoon was amazing as well as our friends. Other than view & room the operations of hotel really sucked.

Room & location great, view amazing!!

breakfast was not included, for the price of $250 a night I would at least expect complimentary breakfast, and the beds were not really plush and comfortable. Average bed comfort

Checking in. The line to get in to the hotel was long due to delays in checking in and valet parking. We waited about 30 minutes in line to get into car entrance port. Room wasn’t ready till 5pm.

Everything was great.

When checked in they had given us a room that wasn’t clean , but other than that it was great. With in minutes we got another room and we were set for the night 👌🏼

Everything and everyone was just nice . The staff I can’t complain very helpful.

Noisy guests, car traffic was very loud. Shower didn’t work properly. No parking garage, had to use valet for an additional $42 a day. Didn’t provide many bathroom amenities. No fan in bathroom.

Location, comfortable bed

That I was going to pay cash and still charged my card. Yes the person that helped me to tey and solve it was very professional about it but couldn't do much with my bank. I have to wait 3-5 business days for it to clear and me get my money back. Also, I ended up paying more after I had allready paid for the nights I stayed and parking at the time of check out I got hit with so called taxes of almost $12. I didn't feel likw waiting on someone so I just paid it so I could be on my way.

It was nice and clean

I booked our room thru a third party .. and i made a mistake on the booking. I called and tried to get it fixed and that was a hassle. We ended up having to stay some where else the second night.

We loved that it was right on the river and we had access to all the stuff at the river walk.

• Double Room with River View

When I arrived the room I had booked was unavailable. I do however understand that during busy times this may happen, but when people book a room, said room should be set aside until the individual either cancels or does not show at the aproximate check in time.

Over all the staff was always friendly, and the room service was outstanding!

The pool was full of dead bugs and debris. Admittedly we were there the very first 80+ degree temperature of the spring. I just thought there would be a filter to clear that stuff out. Also, it would be good to have an exhaust fan in the bathroom.

The new elevator system is very efficient. I never spent so little time waiting for or riding on elevators. The staff was very helpful with several questions we had.

• Double Room with River View

There was evidently a communication problem between Booking.Com and the Hilton. My reservation on Booking was not rercorded. Hilton said it was a problem at Booking.Com.

Valet Parking was a nightmare...it was backed up around the block when we got there and it took forever!!

The hotel is in an excellent location though and we really appreciated the fact that there is a Starbucks located in the lobby

• King Room with River View

Overpriced for a business hotel Wi-Fi even paid is too slow Despite the steep price .not even a complementary water bottle was there .a paid one was provided only during 3 days of my entire stay. Was annoyed that the bill was settled from my credit card without informing me .at check in they collected the amount as on booking.com .then they charged an extra 680 dollars , withdrawn from my card 2 days prior to departure . As for the location, there are at least 6 hotels in the same location . They did not clean my room the last 2 days . The food at the restaurant was below average . The river view was disaponting , mostly storage facility :

• Double Room with River View

A moldy smell in the entrance possible due to the recent rains. We were located at the end of the hall and there was an odor. I was disappointed in the double beds (queens would be better). On arrival I booked a room with a riverview and received an offer for a possible upgrade but when I asked about an upgrade the i was informed that the riverview rooms are the only upgrades. There was a delay for our car to be brought even though we text paged for it to be brought up. I guess I had some deflated expectations for a five star hotel.

Location was great on the riverwalk. Loved walking out and being right on the riverwalk. Loved the restaurant. Loved the text page option for valet. The beds were very comfortable and the room was very nice. The balcony was fabulous with the best views, worth every cent. Very nice and accommodating staff.

• Double Room with River View

Everything else was very poor in regards to the staff. The front desk people were of no help and the STAFF AT THE BAR on the water were some of the worst people that I have ever meet. And not only the service, but there general demeanor. Just awful. I will never stay there again simply because of that and I will make sure that anyone I know going to San Antonio will also avoid that place.

The room service staff were BY FAR the most friendly and accommodating

• King Room with River View

There were four elevators, and the average wait for an available car was approximately 5 minutes. Small cabs and just didn’t seem like all four elevators were operating to assist Such large capacity hotel.

This property is a little dated. Wasn't my first choice. Our reservation at another hotel was mis-booked. It's fine, just not my first choice.

The valet took a really long time to get our car. That was frustrating with a one year old baby.

We live in San Antonio but wanted to stay on the Riverwalk for a holiday party we were attending. We last minute decided to stay here. The room and service was excellent. Very pleased.

No friendly staff, no WiFi in the room no parking.... it’s. Not worth at all

Extremely poor hotel and too expensive... we are not satisfied at all... appreciate if our money is fully refunded back to me as my family was completely disappointed

Despite being on the 20th floor it is still very noisy - balcony doors don’t shut properly and the air con unit in our room didn’t work. This hotel is overpriced for what you actually get. Difficult to park, Hilton also charges $29 for parking at a car park across the road but if you don’t use the Hilton floor it only costs $20 for 24 hours in the same car park - far better value!

Hotel is right on the riverwalk and very near the Alamo.

My room sort of smelled like mildew as if there was excess moisture somewhere but at checkout I happened to walk by someone steam cleaning the carpet in one of the rooms and it made me feel much better about the cleanliness of the hotel

Nothing ,

Customer service, we got a room near were remodeling was been done, lots of dust. My husband has a severe allergy condition. But imidiatly Ms. Magdalena took care of the problen. She was very professional and with such a graceful aditude. She made sure that we got another room. My husband was very apeciative for the tissue, for his allergies. Friendly, professional and always with a welcoming smile.

The hotel was awesome! Location is the best, room was great size, staff went over and above to help and accommodate. Lounging areas were gorgeous. Lived our stay and will come back in the future.

I wish I was informed that there is no onsite parking. The only option is valet service or parking your vehicle in a lot offsite. I opted for the valet service due to having small children. I prefer to have access to my vehicle and my vehicle being onsite.

The location was great. We had access to the river walk, as we open the door from the hotel. Everything that we wanted such as restaurants, nightly entertainment and shopping mall was easily access by walking.

I didn’t like that house keeping would knock on our door 2 hours before checkout! I thought they would at least be told by the front desk if we had checked out or not. I would have liked to have had a door knob hanger letting them know they were able to enter room to clean while we were out and about.

I loved the smell of the Holidays throughout the hotel.

Walls are extra thin...could hear guests next to our room yelling and screaming. We couldn't sleep. We couldn't relax and sleep.

The room was clean but the walls are extra thin.. My husband and I came to relax not to hear what was going on with the guests next to us.

It's a Hilton, so everything is overpriced (food, parking, etc). Rivers Edge restaurant was very good however and we ate most of our meals here. We ended up finding a parking lot just around the corner for $15/night instead of the $29 - $42 at the hotel. Would highly recommend that to save money.

Everything was convenient & staff were very helpful

Front desk was indifferent. Room HVAC damper was VERY noisy, scared my wife many times. Room was hot and would not cool. Thermostat was set at 65 and never cooled during winter! Room service food was not picked up for 4 hours although we watched a hotel employee walk past in the hallway. Parking at $42 per day is outrageous. Wi-Fi is $15 per day, should be included with stay. We were very disappointed in our stay. Our overall stay at the Riverwalk was disappointing. Poor quality of staff almost everywhere we visited.

Bed was comfortable. Restaurant staff was polite and accommodating.

• King Room with River View

Only thing that would have made it better was a small kitchenet for the coffee maker and larger refrigerator. Don't like using bathroom sink to fill cups and such.

We liked the location, the helpful staff and comfort of Placio del Rio. We liked size and convenience of the shower. We liked that our room was clean and comfortable.

Service was not friendly or knowledgeable. I was not offered free Wi-Fi despite being an HH member and incurred a $30 per day parking fee, even though I self parked at a site that was 1 block away!

Location was accessible to river walk.

• Double Room with River View

Room was too warm. Could not regulate. I was not going to contact front desk at midnight or later.

I stayed with my adult grand-daughters (2). Had a double room. Full size beds not a good option. Girls had to share a bed. I did not share a bed. Beds should be upgraded to queen size.

Their parking garage was closed - leaving me with either valet or parking too far away. They charged me 82 dollars for valet despite not being able to accommodate self parking. Staff was rude about it when I asked for alternatives. I had also asked for a room facing the river, which I did not get. When I asked if I could switch they didn't even check they just said no.

Valet parking take 30-40 min to get your car during the rush, phone requests are not reliable. Mattress too soft or excess of wear.

Excellent breakfast and location, also the STAFF is super - overall assessment!

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

The parking fees were ridiculous!! There was no choice for free parking- only expensive paid in the forms of self or valet.

The location of the hotel to River Walk with excellent restaurants and bars and to shopping was the determining factor to selecting this hotel.

• King Room with River View

Price of our meal Thursday night. I thought it was a $25 dollar meal yet when I asked my husband the total and with a $16.00 tip it was over $100 I was quite unhappy. Now, on top of the $25 for the meal, we did ADD two margaritas and one wild turkey and one shot of tequila (due to the fact the margaritas were so very week). I realize those drinks added $30-$40 to the $25. But the meal itself was absolutely not worth the price. We had enjoyed much better food and drinks the two night at the Holiday Inn (not express) Airport for much less money. The rooms there had microwave, more outlets, free wifi plus the rooms were clean and staff very friendly. Those rooms were $108/nite as compared to yours at $400/night and our view was the pits at your hotel. Room 810.

• King Room with River View

Hey the traffic in down town San Antonio is hard to maneuver, but a small price to pay for a great stay.

Gorgeous room with a gorgeous view of the river walk on the 8th floor. Our service lady on the 8th floor was Sandra and she was like a little angel, so helpful, so courteous and so kind. she allowed us privacy while making sure we had enough of everything. All of the Staff including the young man that took our bags for us were very nice. The views, the restaurants the little neighborhood village under the Palacio will be remembered for a life time.

Parking is EXPENSIVE and horrid. We pay high fees to stay here and also higher fees to simply park.

We always come here because we love the resort. Everything we need is close.

I was VERY unhappy with booking.com. I was not told that I would have to check my one bag coming and going @ $25.00 each way. The room did not have a/c one day/night and the wrong was not cleaned one day.