Reviews of Hilton Palm Springs 4 stars

400 East Tahquitz Canyon Way, Palm Springs, CA 92262-6605, USA

#35 of 69 hotels in Palm Springs

• King Room (No Resort Fees)

When we got to the room I am pregnant so after the drive I had to go to the potty in a hurry.. but I couldn’t because the toilet had dried pee on it and hair on it.. I had to clean the toilet before I could use it and that was a big hassle for me. Super disappointed.

The place is beautiful.. great staff. Although it did take a minute for someone to come out and greet us. (We checked in at 2 am)

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access (No Resort Fees)

The poor dog that was left in the room was yelping for a while. There was a drunk person in the pool at 3 pm, speaking with racial overtones (he left after a while and we’re not holding Hilton responsible for him).

Clean, convenient, Pete at the pool bar is always so awesome!

• King Room (No Resort Fees)

Property is very dated, the pillows were bricks and the room was noisy. But the worst part of all was the used band aid left on the carpet that got stuck to my foot.

Easy check in

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds (No Resort Fees)

Accidently double booked online. Asked to courtesy cancel after I checked in and realized the mistake, Santos was associate,(he was very helpful and through.) I relayed the problem to him. He was back and forth to tell manager while I stood at front desk, she said would not, so I am paying almost $300. For 1 night. Needless to say unhappy with manager , she did not even come out to explain. Had made reservation for 1 more day but canceled. Already paid for 2, even though I stayed one.🤔😞

Comfortable

• King Room (No Resort Fees)

To Expensive parking, when the street has free parking. Bad wi-fi, They said that they just had a new supplier and routers, but there was no wi-if in our room at all. When we ask for help, they could only help us with the telephone number to their supplier, so that we could call them ourselves!

The Best thing about the place, is definitely Jocelyn, the sweetest bartender at the pool bar. She will be the only reason to come back. That girl work hard for her money.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds (No Resort Fees)

The service at the pool area slow. There was a mix up with room charges at checkout time. My party wanted to change the original credit card charge to another and it seems that there are duplicate charges from booking..com and the hotel. I still need to see if some charge reversals will occur, if not someone will hear from me

The rooms are nice

• Junior Suite (No Resort Fees)

The pool was TERRIBLE! Full of screaming unsupervised children. Two of our expensive drinks were knocked over by beach balls and we were constantly getting bumped into by children horseplaying and running.

The location was great!

• Junior Suite with Pool Side (No Resort Fees)

The frequency with which my room was cleaned Paying for parking but consistently parking at other locations as non guests parked in the lot Additionally, we were told we could park in Valet if parking was filled.. however we were unable to do so

Excellent restaurant on site Staff response to requests Room accommodations as advertised...room exceptional A very crowded weekend but guests, hotel parties wonderful Hotel staff eagerly offering area and places of interest to visit and shop

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds (No Resort Fees)

Rooms are dated and run down. Just cause it says “Hilton” our the front doesn’t mean it is quality inside. Carpet in hallways and room held down with duct tape. Fridge didn’t work, Ice machines didn’t work, needed to go to another floor. Cut my leg on exposed metal from bed frame. Room service order was quick, but incorrect.

Staff are friendly, great location.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access (No Resort Fees)

Expensive for a little outdated rooms and carpets. No make up mirror in the bathroom. No complimentary water bottles on the arrival.

Convenient. Close to attractions. Pool was quiet and clean.

• King Room - Pool Side (No Resort Fees)

What I didn’t like was customer service when we had a problem. I left my bathing suits out to dry on our balcony which was on the 1st floor ground level with no fence. It was completely open to the courtyard. Someone stole all my bathsuits and im pregnant! When i spoke to the manger to possibly see a video, they said there are no cameras and ot was my fault nothing they could do. I have never had this happen at a five star resort! Very very poor management to not even take care of a dinner for us or a day parkimg or really just anything to try to make it right. I got an attitude and smugness from the general manager. Not happy as to this ruined a day on vacation and would never stay there again because of this. Nothing else was wrong with this place exect poor custumer service!

Bed was very comfortable and grounds were kept beautiful.

• King Room with Pool View (No Resort Fees)

I travel for a living and the front desk staff that I interact with wasn’t very friendly and don’t want to service customers I went on a weekend that was booked for a huge event with tons of noise and in order to get to my room we had to walk all the way around the building because the pool lobby was closed off

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds (No Resort Fees)

Slow service, (some) rude and dismissive front desk personnel who ignored or forgot basic requests. Errors in service. Check in took 40 minutes and then we were told rudely that it was our fault for being ten minutes early (3:50 for a 4pm check in) (we were the only ones there for the first 20 minutes). Peeling wallpaper in bathroom. Request to service room between 2pm and 4pm was ignored completely.

Pool staff were great. Pool area was very nice.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds (No Resort Fees)

Outdated rooms, hotel entrance on parkinglot was next to trash/container area: very dirty and full of clutter, no luggage carts available

Speed of check in

• King Room (No Resort Fees)

Mattress was a bit sunk in. Uncomfortable. Hotel was prepping for a concert event on Property. Pool area was busy with stagging and staff. No very relaxing. They drained the Jacuzzis for this event as well. Large load trucks coming in and out in the morning

Walking distance to shjpos and resturants

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Pool Side (No Resort Fees)

breakfest not included in the price and parking for extra $19 dollars not disclosed at the time of booking. No room restaurant service after 10 pm although the menu stated that is open until 11 pm

the pool

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Pool View (No Resort Fees)

The hotel is dog friendly, HOWEVER they charge a flat fee of $75 regardless of whether you stay one night or one month. This feels like a very cheap way to charge a premium for dog owners; they also slap an $18 fee even for self parking, which again feels like a cheap way to grab some extra $$$ from their guest. Considering this is a Hilton hotel, it's a surprising policy and feels unpleasant / cheapens the guest experience.

The hotel is dog friendly, the rooms are big and clean, and the pool area is nice and relaxing.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds (No Resort Fees)

We arrived with the Amtrak bus which stopped right across the street from our Hotel. The Hotel was convenient and close to shopping. It was quiet and serene. That staff was very professional.

• King Room (No Resort Fees)

The walls are paper thin and our room had an adjoining door to the room next door, so we could hear our neighbor's conversation, clearly, until 2am in the morning and then- everyone coming home from the casino thats across the street (which isn't mentioned in the description) and finally housekeeping promptly knocked on our door at 8am. Needless to say, we were tired and knew more about our hotel neighbors than we'd like.

It was clean and the room looks good.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds (No Resort Fees)

hotel signage not identified very well from a distance when I was looking for the hotel

Bed very comfortable. I was tired when I got here and the comfort helped

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds (No Resort Fees)

Paying $18 a night for the privilege of using their parking lot.

Nice hotel, great location, within easy walking distance to everything in downtown Palm Springs.

• King Room - Disability Access (No Resort Fees)

Price for accommodations. It was a nice room but nothing special

It wasn’t worth $500 a night. I will definitely shop around now that I know the city. I’ve always been loyal to Hilton but feel u could get a better deal

• King Room - Pool Side (No Resort Fees)

Everything was perfect except for the $18 per day parking charge which appeared on my final bill. I was not told about this charge at checkin.

The restaurant is excellent. Great food served in a very quiet surroundings.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds (No Resort Fees)

The room was spacious and designed well for four girlfriends to navigate freely. Comfortable beds, everything we needed. The highlight was the staff, all of whom were so available, and so friendly; particularly Courtney, when we were at the pool. She was so delightful and welcoming, and made us feel like valued guests.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds (No Resort Fees)

My room had a smell of a septic tank or sewage. I told front desk a couple times but the odor didn't change and no one reported to me what is was coming from. The room was clean and big and I loved the balcony, but the smell was terrible. I feel they should have offered me another room or gave me some compensation or at the very least an explanation.

• Junior Suite (No Resort Fees)

The hotel has an unpleasant odor. the structure of the hotel is very nice but in need of updating. The shuttle driver was very knowledgeable and helpful with ideas for dining and entertainment. He should be the manager of the hotel!!!

The pool area.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds (No Resort Fees)

This is a large, impersonal hotel without a shred of style or distinction. The rooms and facilities are dated -- our heating/cooling system only delivered heat, even when it got overly warm in the room and we needed air conditioning. The hotel charges $18 a night for self-parking, but on both nights we couldn't find a space and had to park on the street (they did refund the parking charge). The food is mediocre. The location is very central, but on our next visit to PS, we will look for a property that has more character.

Friendly staff

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds (No Resort Fees)

Restaurant on location wasn't available for take out when I came by and had to order outside of hotel and get it.

Accommodating staff. Comfortable room. Spacious hotel. Helpful.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds (No Resort Fees)

Parking fees of $18 per day to park on site, free parking on the street however.

Friendly staff, the hotel is one block from the center of the Palm Springs strip so it is easy to walk to stores, shops, and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds (No Resort Fees)

Hotel conveniently located within walking distance of downtown and restaurants. Very clean, attractive room with comfortable bed and pillows. Santos, at the front desk, was exceptionally helpful, friendly and great to deal with - really made our stay enjoyable. Hotel gym included up-to-date treadmills, eliptical machines and a bike. It was clean with towels, water and everything you need right there. Pool area was very nice, well taken care off and inviting.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds (No Resort Fees)

We booked through Booking.com and received confirmation before our trip. However, when we arrived at the front desk, The hotel said they had no record of our reservation. They asked if we might have reserved at another Hilton or under a different name. This was very upsetting especially because it was Thanksgiving weekend. The hotel never found any booking. Only after we retrieved the booking.com email (which was not easy to do) and showed it to them, could they accommodate us. We feel we deserve some compensation for our troubles with Booking.com. Thank you Richard & Stephanie Allouche

We enjoyed our experience at the hotel once our reservation problem was resolved. Everyone was very professional, friendly & helpful. The property was ideally situated. We really appreciated the large size room. and the pool area.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Pool View (No Resort Fees)

After six pm the best thing you can do is going to your room. Dark outside, empy restaurant. Why is management not make this great hotel attractive for people srriving early eventing?

Very close to down town.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds (No Resort Fees)

Great location. Close to bars and restaurants. I had a problem with a discrepancy on my bill after check out and I contacted the hotel and they were extremely helpful and sorted the problem straight away. Room and all hotel facilities were brilliant.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds (No Resort Fees)

The breakfast buffet was overpriced for what was offered. The bacon was very greasy, hash browns cold even though in chafing dish.

Great location, comfortable room and amenities

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds (No Resort Fees)

Being charged for parking motorcycles in front of the property was an unnecessary charge in my opinion. The night lights in the room could not be shut off and were a distraction when trying to sleep.

We booked with a genius discount of 54% which made the property a very attractive proposition. The pool and outside bar area was a good place to relax.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds (No Resort Fees)

I would've liked all the firepits to be alight at night.

The salt water pool and the beds by the pool. Perfect stay and rooms were spacious, very clean and comfortable. This will be the only place I stay in PS from now on.

• King Room (No Resort Fees)

parking too expensive, free parking right outside hotel. Breakfast in restaurant not fresh, room service was better value. Hotel had no details on our room credit...... took far to much effort for us to prove we had a booking.com daily credit. Staff on the front desk could be a little more welcoming!!

great location! pool nice and clean, gardens were very well maintained, plenty of free water around the hotel.

• King Room (No Resort Fees)

The staff were cold and matter of fact. The rooms were very expensive but there was no breakfast and parking cost $18 to park outside

The Hilton is very clean and conveniently located

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds (No Resort Fees)

Loved Palm Springs. The Hilton was in an excellent location. Short walk to town. Great pool and helpful staff. The room was large and we had a nice balcony.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access (No Resort Fees)

Parking should be free unless you want valet.

Breakfast was really expensive. I know it is the "Hilton" but $40.00 for two for breakfast????? Charged for WIFI and another expense for parking . Like I said not cheap.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds (No Resort Fees)

Parking was free across the street in back. But, it was safe, in the summer the town slows down, so not so many people.

The rooms were large and had a balcony with chairs. The grounds are beautiful. Michael is great, Emma, and Erric, Thank You, Thank You and see you soon! An amazing staff! There a Deli that is amazing within walking distance Even the other guest were very friendly.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds (No Resort Fees)

The parking instructions were not clear even asking twice at the desk. We figured it out from looking at the map provided.

The location was prefect to everywhere we wanted to be on the short stay.

$18.00 Parking fee

You have an excellent general manager. She told us to try the mai tai by the pool. She ran into us later to make sure we were having a good time. She made such a great impression of your hotel

• King Room (No Resort Fees)

I genuinely couldn't fault anything about this stay

I loved the size of the bedrooms especially the bed! I loved the staff at the pool bar and in the restaurant! The location was spot on, a few minutes walk to everything. I liked how you could use the beds st the side of the pool at no extra charge. Would reccomend this hotel to anyone.

• King Room (No Resort Fees)

Terrible food at pool side and lack of knowledge of staff about content of the food and rude security.

Big tv in the room and quick response of service

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds (No Resort Fees)

We had decided against 'upgrading' to a pool view room and were pleased not to have spent the extra money. The ground floor rooms all look directly at a fence surrounding the pool area. Not a great aspect and the rooms were dark on the ground floor facing in to the pool.

The bed rooms were really spacious and comfortable. We had a king size bed, which was at an odd angle in the room, but the sleep quality was not disrupted. The bathroom was clean and perfectly functional, if a little dated. Really nice coffee available in the room was a great bonus. The pool area was great to sit and relax in, with wonderful, shaded daybeds available as well as plenty of loungers and a nicely equipped bar. There were also cabanas (for a fee) if you felt so inclined.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds (No Resort Fees)

I booked through Booking.com and that meant that I did not get Hhonors points for the stay. Also there is a credit towards hotel charges with this booking, and for the third time it was difficult to get the hotel to honor the credit toward incidental charges. The parking lot filled up and two nights I parked on the street because there were no parking spaces available in the hotel parking lot.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds (No Resort Fees)

The hotel was very average. More like a 2-3 star than a 4 star property. The sheets were stained and the bathroom had hair on the floor from previous guests. I am starting to think that in order to get a clean Hotel these days you really need to go for a 5 star.

Good location. Friendly staff.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds (No Resort Fees)

The hotel stayed in the 80', looks like a motel more than a resort or an hotel. On the pics the pool and outside facilities look great but in reality there is a rather small pool and not very welcoming outdoor facilities. I recommend if not coming in high season not to choose the self parking as cost you 20$ a day for an outside parking whereas in the street 10 meters from there it's free!

The location is good and the gym facilities are modern and good even if this is small

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds (No Resort Fees)

First room was ground floor, facing the car park - these rooms are not that great and dark. There are areas of the hotel that (seem to) smell as if people are smoking cannabis... which is legal in California ;-)

Overall, a nice property that appears to be from the 80s, but is kept in good condition. We stayed three nights to discover Joshua Tree & Salton Sea. Hotel is in walking distance to shops and restaurants, but not in the most stylish area (that would be Palm Desert). Nice pool and restaurant. Super comfy beds We got our room changed to 2nd floor pool-side, which is nice.

I didn't dislike anything

Location was great; walk across the street to the SpaCasino or to downtown Palm Springs. Food was generous and very good. Reserved a cabana poolside and it was a wonderful space to use for our group. The pool is salt water and very nice. Rooms quit spacious, beds comfy and a balcony to sit on in early morning and evening.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Pool View (No Resort Fees)

I didn't like I had to pay for parking on a daily basis. I guess that's why there are no resort fees.

I enjoyed my stay. The rooms were clean & comfortable. The staff was friendly and efficient. It was nice there were no resort fees.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Pool Side (No Resort Fees)

We spent nearly $1500 on room, food and bar. Our car sat in a parking lot that was less than half full and yet we were charged $18 per day to park. The hotel was very inflexible about waiving the fee. It's not the $$, it's the principle. Seemed pretty greedy of them. Oh, by the way, I am a Hilton honors diamond member. I guess that doesn't mean much when $$ is involved.

Not a lot of people were there. We had the pool and bar to ourselves.

• King Room - Disability Access (No Resort Fees)

They charged extra for parking in the lot.

The room was very comfortable. The housekeeping staff was very accommodating with special requests. The inner balcony views were beautiful.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds (No Resort Fees)

Excellent Customer Service!!! The Front Desk Gentleman - Tom/Thomas Was The Most Classy & Educated Person I've Ever Encountered at Any Resort. Despite The Busy Environment & Calls He Had To Handle in Front of Us & Other Guests Waiting For Him (only available person at the time), He Never Stopped Smiling, Being Courteous, and Providing The Best Customer Service Ever!!! The Hotel Was Sold Out and The Only Room Available Room Was The Presidential Suite and We Got Moved To That at No Extra Charge. I'm Very Pleased Recommending This App & Resort & If You Have A Chance, Please Promote This Amazing Service Which I Know You Will Receive As Well. Thank You Booking.com!!!! 😘

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds (No Resort Fees)

The swimming pool is a little small for all the guests spending time in it, especially with all the pool toys. It gets crowded during the day. The drinks at the bar were pricey. And I thought parking $18 was pricey too, for having the car in the Hot sun sitting outside not in a garage.

Very nice and clean. Loved the entire great flower/palm trees garden, well maintend clean pool area. The clean white towels.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds (No Resort Fees)

That they charge $18 for self parking! That's ridiculous! The Wi-Fi was horrible too! I had to use my own data because we couldn't get Wi-Fi!

We liked it because they have a shuttle bus to take us places and pick us up and it's so close to the casino!

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds (No Resort Fees)

We saw big cockroach in the room, notified the front desk but unfortunately they couldn't replace the room. Next morning they gave us two free breakfast voucher. I went alone grab small plate of egg and bacon and coup of coffe the staff told me your'e breakfast is $21 but with voucher you pay only $10. It was a joke. They charging $18 per night for parking no shade.

Staff was friendly,fast check in no waiting,room was big.

• King Room (No Resort Fees)

Everyone else at the front desk was Un-approachable, Rude and extremely unprofessional so I had to go back 5-6 times to complete my check in.Wifi was very poor as well in the outdoor areas. And Loud ass gardening starts at 9AM :/

Ashley at the front desk!

• King Room - Disability Access (No Resort Fees)

Didn't get what I booked, not the way the room looks and not the extras promised.The manager was clueless about both and unwilling to help or listen.

Clean

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds (No Resort Fees)

The front of house team were very unfriendly, couldn't be bothered to help. The staff in the restaurant made us feel very unwelcome and we were so disappointed with the service. Such a shame to be treated like this in a Hilton hotel. If you want a warm welcome don't stay here.

The staff by the pool were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds (No Resort Fees)

Bathroom wallpaper was peeling off the wall. Shower head and faucet were broken. Tub didn't drain well. Otherwise bed was comfy and pool area was beautiful. Servers were at your lounge chair taking your orders.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access (No Resort Fees)

I was directed to a parking spot near my room entrance and was not informed of the additional parking across the street when there was no parking found in the area directed. I payed $18.00 for parking and given a parking pass and later noticed cars parked in the same area without the pass. Also, a day before arrival I called and confirmed my reservation and added if it was possible to get a higher floor and possibly a room with a view. Upon arrival i was offered a suite over the double beds I originally booked which was great, but when I asked if I could get a room facing the mountains I was disappointed there was a giant tree blocking most of the view. I would also recommend microwaves in the room.

Staff was friendly and the room was comfy and clean. I love that the pool area. The hotel was kid friendly.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds (No Resort Fees)

No complaints on this trip, everything was great!

Location was the best, being 2 blocks from downtown and next to the Palm casino. Everything was walking distance. I also loved the fact that this property allows dogs and we got room next to the door to the outside area where dogs can relieve themselves. They had complimentary doggie bags although I brought my own. LOVED everything on this trip.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds (No Resort Fees)

No complaints, we were actually pleasantly surprised at how perfect our time spent was.

Ease of checking in, the staff was very accomadating and courteous. Very happy with the convenient parking and location of our room to the pool. The bar and food out by the pool was excellent. Servers were attentive and pleasant. We were walking distance to our favorite restaurants and shops, the hotel offered free shuttle service for those who did not want to walk. We had a great time no complaints and will be staying at Palm Springs Hilton again soon!

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

• King Room - Disability Access (No Resort Fees)

On the last day a stage was built up for a music festival. Luckily it did not affect us, but next time I would check whether there are festivals at the same time in the hotel.

Comfortable bed, nice and big room that felt almost like a little apartment. Close to downtown and restaurant. If you are lucky and find a spot, you can park free of charge at the curb. Nice pool. I would definitely come again.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

• King Room (No Resort Fees)

Only thing we did not like were the flying nats around the pool... there were so many you could not enjoy yourself unless in the water. The other thing is the pool is pretty small

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds (No Resort Fees)

I didn't like that self parking was $18 which made you feel like you were forced to pay the $25 for valet.

The rooms were a great size!! Very roomy and a. I've pull out sofa for the kids. Oh, and great Peter Thomas Roth toiletries!

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds (No Resort Fees)

sand was in hot tub for some reason and hours of hot tub would be helpful to be changed till 11pm as when you get back from dinner would have time to change and have a hot tub

location,room,helpful staff,pool,easy

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds (No Resort Fees)

Your site said they offer a $50 property credit however when I got there they said that they do not. I booked with you specifically because of the $50 credit.

Pool

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds (No Resort Fees)

This is a basic hotel wish Hilton sign. Overcrowd pool, overprice bar and parking. At the price they charge per night they should not charge extra for parking.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds (No Resort Fees)

The rooms were old and needed updating

We liked the complementary $50 daily voucher offer for incidentals, the free shuttle service to anywhere within 2 mile radius (including pick up and drop off anywhere) and the friendly staff

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

• King Room (No Resort Fees)

Noisy room (could hear footsteps upper floor), very expensive for room and facilities (dated) , very little atmosphere (no pool music, poor pool service),

Location, easy parking in back for rental vehicle, great shuttle staff and service

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Pool View (No Resort Fees)

This property needs a thorough scrubbing from top to bottom. Yes it is older but there is no reason for not properly maintaining it Clean the walls clean the carpets clean the bath tubs and toilets and we would happily return!

Great location and the amenities were all acceptable. Staff were helpful and friendly.

• Junior Suite (No Resort Fees)

Would've liked room ready earlier at check-in and would have like housekeeping to have cleaned the room earlier during our stay as well.

Great location, nice facility, helpful staff.