Reviews of Hilton Parsippany 3 stars

1 Hilton Court, Parsippany, NJ 07054, USA

#6 of 15 hotels in Parsippany

Water is available during the hot weather.
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

I am not sure if the Starbucks is associated with the hotel, but it should extend its time that it is open. This has been the 4 or 5th time I have been to the hotel for a convention and needed a cup of coffee. Unfortunately they are closed.

Water is available during the hot weather.

I like that it's very clean and modern and comfortable

I didn't like that several calls to guest services went unanswered! After calling several times someone finally answered I told them about me calling several times and there was no apology!

I like that it's very clean and modern and comfortable

Was a clean hotel but cleanliness is 1 aspect of a stay.

I have never seen a hotel without brochures, maps etc. This really ruined the trip as we were tourists and needed guidance on attractions in the area. The hotel staff had no knowledge on ferries in the area. I was very dissapointed as I had called in advance to ask if the hotel had brochures for excursions, sites, attractions, travel etc, and was told "yes" The coffee was ridiculously expensive, breakfast was overpriced. Would not return

Not bad, but could have been better.
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

The lobby was beautiful, but when you got to the rooms, doors were sticking. The walls by the windows had water damage that was just painted over. There was not a microwave as advertised. There was only 2 towels and wash cloths when we had registered for 4 people. We had to go out of our way to get the things that were needed.

The lobby was beautiful. The two pools were very nice and calling.

Good experience overall. Good hotel to stay everything that you need to make your stay comfortable
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

Friendly and helpfull staff. Close to meeting venue. Good steakhouse in hotel. Convenient and effective shuttle service. Good express breakfast in a great bag.

We Had An Excellent Experience.

The House Keeping Staff Kept Knocking On Our Door Even With The Do Not Disturb Sign On The Outside.

We Stayed In The Pure Room. My Boyfriend Has Really Bad Allergies. The Room Was Great For Him. Everytime We Went Out for Food He Would Start Sneezing But Once We Were In The Room He Was Fine. I Wish Every Room Was Like That.

The bed was really comfy and the water was extra hot.

There was some kind of an event happening making parking really difficult even w the huge lot that they had

The bed was really comfy and the water was extra hot.

Pool was closed because of a storm (we lost power so that...
    • Room with Two Double Beds - Pool Side

Pool was closed because of a storm (we lost power so that was the reason we were staying there) & that was one of the main reasons we choose this hotel! It was a shame it was not fixed during our stay. Otherwise a great value.

The bed was soft.

I was onsite for an event in the main ballroom. The catering staff was less than accommodating, the food was under-cooked and overall the experience was NOT what I expected. We ended up eating dinner at Ruth Chris.

The NRG Cafe was okay; however the bacon wasn't fully cooked. If I'm paying a premium price for breakfast, at least make sure that it's worth it. The eggs were also runny; I expected a lot more from a Hilton property. To be quite honest, the FREE breakfast at the Hampton Inn, far exceeds what I payed for at the Hilton.

Manager

3 times we’ve asked for featherless room . And called 3 times to confirm that it was done and every time we show up it wasn’t done and have to wait hours while room service takes there time , manager didn’t seem to care , never again

Not peaceful or restful

I went to the hotel for peace and quiet; asked for the top floor in a quiet area. The hotel was packed, a wedding appeared to be taking place. I was on the 4 th floor, as the top floor was supposedly all taken when I checked in. I was near the elevator shaft, which was all noise, all the time. The person above me kept dropping things on the floor. Total waste of money when I was trying to get away from noise at home. Also, there was an appearance of clean, but upon closer inspection there was all this hair on the carpet, you could see oily smears on the night tables, and streaks of dirt in the tile in the tub.

Location of hotel

AWFUL
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

Waited in line for 15 minutes to check in, then the staff could not find my booking.com reservation for 10 minutes. I paid about $350 for a room worth $125. The room was dark, not that clean, needed updating and the second bed was a pull out couch. The television was not working and when I complained about it, I was told the satellite was broken. When I asked if I got a discount for no cable, I was rudely told "Your not the only one." 18 days after I checked out, I got a charge on my credit card for $50 and when I called the hotel they said it was a hold and they were not sure what it was for.

The lobby looks nice.

• Double Room with Two Double Rooms

The hotel was beautiful but the ice machine was broken and the indoor pool area was not heated. Even to hot tub was cold. The rooms had no microwaves. I had a wonderful expensive dinner at Ruth Crest but was unable to enjoy my leftovers. There was also a misunderstading with the room rate. I was told my 2 days were at the same rate but that changed during check out.

The hotel was beautiful.

Better this year than last years stay

No ice machines on the floors

The open buffet to accommodate chess players this year! Last year it was only open for breakfast. And it was horrible trying to eat at the bar ...

I hated it overall.

The guy at the front desk was very rude and unprofessional after he charged my card he didnt have the decency say have a good night or even point me in the direction on how to get to my room. The bed was a little uncomfortable for my back and on top of all that I believe my wife got attacked by a bed bug on her birthday....! I will never return!!!

Loved it would definitely go back
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

Ac in room kept leaking and had to have it addressed 3 times in 1 day. Between 2am Saturday to about 7pm Sunday. They fixed it and actually reduced our rooms rate by 50%. The staff was amazing and made our stay so worth it.

Loved the set up of the hotel with the bar and access to the rooms through many different areas to see the property. Had a great time.

bad because of the checkout incident.
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

On check out we're surprised to see a grater amount by $200. When I showed the front desk manager the confirmation fro you, he said that I should talk to Booking since Hilton is not part of the deal. I asked him to check it and he said that he wo'nt. Only when I said that I'll dispute the difference, he checked and found out \that he was wrong. No reason for me to stay at Hiltons or use Booking.com services.

Cleaner than other properties I regularly stay at (Sonesta Suites and Sheraton)

Hotel made a billing error upon check out that the check out agent was unable to correct and had to wait for a manager (who made the correction two days later after few phone calls to booking.com and to hotel).

Just ok, definitely not worth the money that I paid for.

Room was not very clean, very uncomfortable bed, can see signs of water leaks in the ceiling, smells like fabreeze to hide other odors

The business center was what I like the most of this hotel

The price of breakfast was outrageous.

I ordered a handicapped room close to the elevator. I have difficulty walking and the room couldn't be any further away than what I requested. I asked for 11 AM check in and my room wasn't available until 8 PM. I was supposed to get a phone call tell me the room was ready and it never happened. I had an affair to go to and was unable to get dressed. I won't be staying there again. Obviously they are unable to honor requests.

Could have been better
    • Corner King Room with Sofa Bed

Had several issues. Requested a king corner room w/sofa bed but got one with a regular coach. Requested linens for "sofa bed" and it took 2 hours and another call before I received. Drain in the shower clogged up and water spilled over. Engineer did come within 15 mins to fix though. Very little hot water a few times! Cold showers are no fun! Lost tv signal for a short time. Was over charged on final bill. Front desk did fix quickly. Too many little things just added to a not so comfortable stay.

The hotel was modern and very nice design wise

We booked a corner king room, and when we checked into the...
    • Corner King Room with Sofa Bed

We booked a corner king room, and when we checked into the hotel, everything seemed fine. However, when we opened the door to our room, it was clearly not a corner king. I went down to the desk to discuss, and I was told that they were out of corner kings and reassigned us to another room (a downgrade). They assured me that I wouldn't be charged the corner king rate, which was fine - but why wouldn't they say something on check in? When we asked about that, we just got a shrug of the shoulders. The same exact thing happened to a friend who were were traveling with. No one working at the hotel seemed to think it was odd that we just got downgraded without any warning. The manager did eventually give us a discounted rate but the whole thing was weird.

Very disappointed
    • Corner King Room with Sofa Bed

Wasn't clean. Dusty, trash under the trash can when it was moved, I asked for a blanket & got 2 sheets. Had to ask housekeeping to come visit room because they didn't on their rounds 2 days in a row. On day of check out, which we had a late check time of 2pm, th at started knocking on the door at 945am every 15-20 minutes. Had to remind her twice we had late check out at 2pm. How is it you don't come on days your supposed to but on day your told to come late your there harassing the customer to leave. Both indoor & outdoor pools dirty. The women's bathroom in lobby was without toilet paper the two times in used facilities. The trash was running over in the bathrooms as well. People at the desk was nonchalant when I tried to explain my dissatisfaction of my stay. I have stayed at other Hilton's before & had a great experience. Felt like I got what I paid for. Not this time. Very disappointed

Location was good & convenient to stores & restaurants

Wow like vacationing at a 1 star hotel in a third world country.
    • Room with Two Double Beds and Bath Tub - Mobility Access

The staff at the front desk was rude and unprofessional! The front desk clerk didn't know how to run a credit card, so he told me that it wasn't any good. I called visa and they said nothing was wrong with my card and I was able to use it shortly after somewhere else. They were understaffed for the event I was attending with about 600 people. The restrooms for all guests to use were filthy and didn't have toilet paper and many stalls didn't have lighting. Garbage cans over flowing. I told the front desk about it and the receptionist said oh you are the 5th person to say that. An hour later I took my daughter to the restroom and there was still no toilet paper. I told her again. Two hours later people were still using tissues so I complained again and the manager said there was only 1 person working in housekeeping and how could the 5 rolls of toilet paper that had been put out be gone. I said are you aware that you have several hundred people in the ballroom? She said I thought they had left. They had announced that they would sell food during the event but closed it down by 5. The event was still going on at 7:30 when I left. The hotel needs new management. The lighting was so poor that only a blind person used to living in a world of darkness would find it sufficient.

The curtains and linens were nice in the room. I could see in the room when I opened the curtains because of the low lighting. There were boxes of tissues to use in the bathroom once the toilet paper ran out. The bathroom was handicapped friendly with one handicapped stall for the 6 people I saw in wheel chairs. Another bathroom stall was handicapped friendly for a blind person because it had no light. The buffet food was good and reasonably priced. We didn't overeat at the buffet, because they closed it down early at 8:00 instead of 9:00pm as scheduled.

I liked that the facility had a pool and restaurants on site.

Although I was pleased with the facility and my room, I have to say that we got very little hot water. It was quite scarce during bathing and washing up. Also the hot water faucet on the sink needed repair.

I liked that the facility had a pool and restaurants on site. Their was also a pretty nice coffee/tea maker located in its own cabinetry in the room. It wasn't in the bathroom. My king bedroom with wall-to-wall sofa was great and comfortable.

Great until we experienced this kind of harassment.

We got harrassed. Not once did this hotel say that vaping wasn't allowed. We were also playing music in our room since we were celebrating Father's Day. The front desk manager Quitó was very disrespectful. He came with the house manager and said they were going to charge us an extra 250 for the extensive cleaning housekeeping was going to do for the vapors. Vapor is water is doesn't stick to anything that's why we enjoy it. He also complained about the music. It wasn't that loud, we felt discriminated against and we made sure the entire room was spotless. The people on the first floor were smoking WEED in their rooms yet we were the only ones who he caused a scene with. We understood after the fact vaping wasn't allowed but it was the very worst professionalism we've experienced with this "manager". He could've approached us in a completely different manner and tone. Then after all that, I told them this room is already spotless and if when we're leaving you smell ANYTHING I will take full responsibility and you can charge us because I was 100% sure they wouldn't because again it's water vapors that do not stick. I went downstairs to speak to the housekeeping manager after we made sure it smelled like heaven, and waited for her. When she decided to come down she didn't even look at me she just told the front desk they weren't going to charge us. So the big show was really for nothing and the embarrassment we felt like we experience isn't going anywhere. We will never forget this. And the pool was disgusting, they didn't have anyone bother to clean it in the morning so my husband did it especially since there were kids coming into the pool. Unbelievable. We never stood here before only the sister hotel Hamptons, but even though the Hamptons is smaller, the staff were always so nice to us.

The modernized rooms.

Nice place
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

It's a very large hotel, they had us on the third floor and I literally had to walk three minutes to get to my room once I got out of the elevator

Not worth the price..
    • Room with Two Double Beds and Bath Tub - Mobility Access

They didn't offer complimentary breakfast or have a microwave in the room, and the place was noisy late at night there was running in the halls, screaming and laughter, kids were playing in the parking lot outside my window being very loud. When I called it was taken care of quickly.

The bed was very comfortable and the room was spotless!

Rude bar staff, filthy floors, NOISY

Noise in the halls all night was horrible..kids running all over etc...I know there was an Irish convention, but we weren't there for that! Could not sleep well and frankly we were SOOOOOOOOO tired, but no other rooms available. The floors int he hallways and common areas were FILTHY! Food and crumbs all over like pigs lived there. Bar staff not skilled at handling a full bar. Bar manager placating and condescending.

Ruth Chris was phenomenal..

Very poor
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

The manager treated us diffrant once he was informed that we made our reservations thru booking , asked for a featherless roowhen a week in advance , when asked why it wasnt the manager said we dint get request thru booking .com , checked in at 130 , new pillows wernt changed until 4 pm . after 5 phone calls to the front desk , very poor managment

Was told breakfest want a part of booking

Nighmare
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Mobility Accessible

My stay at the Parsippany Hilton property on December 31, 2016, checking out in January 1, 2017 was a complete nightmare. First of all, there was a religious conference going on at that time. The conference attendees completely trashed the hotel. There was garbage everywhere, glass on the floors in main areas, and garbage in the elevators. It was disgusting. They had candles lit everywhere which was also a major fire hazard. There were unsupervised children under the age of 7 walking the halls and riding the elevators. The staff at the hotel did nothing to resolve these issues. Additionally, my room was supposed to be on the sixth floor in an adjoining room to my party but was not ready because a conference attendee refused to vacate the room so I could check in. There were police at the hotel trying to vacate these conference guests who refused to vacate. I checked in after 6pm and was assigned a room on a different floor. The staff working that night did agree to comp my stay due to all the issues. Alas, when I checked my bank account on January 2, 2017 I was charged the room rate plus an additional $87! The Parsippany Hilton did not answer the phone so I called the main number and they opened a file number to resolve. When I went to the front desk to complain other guests were also complaining and leaving the property to go to the Marriot. The only reason we didn't leave is we had a larger party that could not be accommodated on such short notice elsewhere. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone for either business or pleasure.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

Hilton Huge.
    • Room with Two Double Beds and Bath Tub - Mobility Access

Showered with cool water. Not a good way to start a chilly, rainy day. Vast lobby. Long walk from parking.

The decor is lovely. The bedding divine. Great big TV!

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Comfortable Stay and attentive staff
    • Room with Two Double Beds and Bath Tub - Mobility Access

I was difficult to modify the room temperature. It was too warm. As I wasn't in the room that long, I didn't bring this to their attention.

The hotel is in a convenient location to all major highways. Beds are very comfortable. My offer was for two double beds and they asked if I preferred a king bed at no extra cost. Can't beat the service!

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

Didn't like much
    • Room with Two Double Beds and Bath Tub - Mobility Access

Hilton charges a $50 fee & wont get credetited back to the card for few days. Room service was very slow & expensive. Won't go back!.

Didn't like much

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Clean and comfy, but hope you dont need any help

The shower leaked water all over the bathroom floor. The staff was not at all friendly or helpful, and when we got our bill the next morning, we had been overcharged for our room, which they would not fix on site.

The room was very nice and clean. The lighting was comfortable, and yet bright enough for work in the seating area and makeup in the bathroom.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Pleasant room with malfunctions with TV & Bathroom

All TV channels displayed Loading Data - Had to call front desk to get problem fixed approximately 30 minutes later. Sink stopper not working. Unable to keep water in sink.

Size of the room. Comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

I really enjoyed my stay there.

I really liked the bed and the pillows were extraordinary was sleeping on cloud 9.

Great place to stay .. will recommend

Great location.. staff ..

The facility was nice.

My toilet bowl was broken/leaking the entire stay.

The facility was nice.

Pool was too small.

Pool was too small. Not enough chairs

Staff were really nice

That the out door pool opened only at 10am....it's summer

Staff were really nice

Ok

The Hilton and the Hampton connected to it in multiple spots smelled like cheap perfume and the smell the cleaning staff was attempting to cover up.

I actually like everything I just don’t feel that they...

I actually like everything I just don’t feel that they should hold money from your account for 5-10 days that’s absurd!!!

Noisy room near elevator, AC wasn’t working right, front...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Bath Tub - Mobility Access

Noisy room near elevator, AC wasn’t working right, front desk woman was unhelpful. Booked room for 3 and there wasn’t 3 towels or cups etc.

Toilet seat seemed to be broken/crooked in room 144
    • Room with Two Double Beds - Pool Side

Toilet seat seemed to be broken/crooked in room 144

Power outage at home
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

Issues with finding our reservation.

The atmosphere!

Restaurant super expense

Restaurant super expense Safe in return In room faulty

No sleeping sofa but they gave me a rollaway bed.
    • Corner King Room with Sofa Bed

No sleeping sofa but they gave me a rollaway bed.

We were told breakfast begins at 6:30, but it doesn't...

We were told breakfast begins at 6:30, but it doesn't open until 7.

The room was not ready on time!

The room was not ready on time! Waited about an hour

I travel a lot for work and this was by far the worst managerial staff I have ever encountered.

The staff was atrocious and rude. The most non helpful manager I have ever encountered on a business trip. I will never be returning

Old tired hotel needs uplifting.

Awesome

Like a cloud

No room service

No room service

comfortable stay

clean rooms..efficient staff

We would recommend this hotel to everyone and we would definitely stay here again

Maybe some in room movies

The staff was amazing and very knowledgeable the room service was very efficient

Everything was great the staff, the room, the breakfast,...
    • Room with Two Double Beds and Bath Tub - Mobility Access

Everything was great the staff, the room, the breakfast, would definitely stay again!!!

I been in way better hotel then this one

The staff and breakfast

I like the room and beds comfortabley

Happy

The bed was great and it was very clean

Pleasent
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Bath Tub - Mobility Access

It's better to add complementary Breakfast.

Place was pleasent

It was Wonderful location to stay and I like it very much

Amenities and Hilton always top in my list

• Room with Two Double Beds and Bath Tub - Mobility Access

Very quiet and the pool was excellent

Wonderful Accommodations
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

Staff and atmosphere was wonderful

the place is nice and quiet, good for stay

no glass and boiling pot in room

Clean Hotel

Charged our card a deposit fee hold twice on accident.

Cleanest bed I've ever slept in, in any hotel I've ever stayed.

Great for a 2 night stay!
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

The rooms were very clean. Pools were great!

The staff was very helpful and accommodating.

Unexpected incident

The staff was very helpful and accommodating.

The bed was firm.

The bed was firm. My preference, although not my wife's

Our stay was fine but would have enjoyed more options for quick food.
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Mobility Accessible

Wanted a quick muffin & coffee for breakfast. Did not want a sit down breakfast and only coffee shop was closed.

The bed was so amazing one of the most comfortable I've...

The bed was so amazing one of the most comfortable I've ever slept on.

Great place to stay!

The staff was very friendly and the hotel had a lot of amenities!

Comfortable beds

Loud

Comfortable beds

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Stay here! Best in the area

Best Hotel in Jersey! Beautiful room. Amazing staff.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

The oatmeal was delicious and the steak at Ruth Chris...
    • Room with Two Double Beds and Roll-In Shower - Mobility Access

Difficulty with wifi connection

The oatmeal was delicious and the steak at Ruth Chris steakhouse was incredible.