Reviews of Hilton Pasadena 3 stars

168 South Los Robles Avenue, Pasadena, CA 91101, USA

#18 of 29 hotels in Pasadena

The Rooms were dirty, Bathroom Vent did not work (It stunk)The Heater did not work the Staff did nothing (I asked).The breakfast at 19.95 was terrable.

Corner restaurant in hotel

Overall great but could have more hands on information packet in room

Corner restaurant in hotel Great food Hospitality staff Check in staff very courteous Loved fluffy pillows bathroom immuclate

Overall our stay was very pleasant. I would definitely stay here again!

Bathroom could use an exhaust fan. I found there to be a musty odor in the room. I think the problem is poor ventilation.

Very comfortable bed and nicely appointed room!

Keeping it short.

Why isn't this optional? I didn't have a bad experience. Floors could have been a little more plush in the rooms but that's a lot harder to clean.

Comfort and cleanliness. Painless check in. Staff was nice enough.

Usual high quality of Hilton, but expensive and location not greatest

For the high price, the fact that WiFi is charged for extra and that breakfast is expensive are not good value. The location is not near anything, so if you're without a car may be quite a long walk to wherever it is you want to go.

Room clean and comfortable, everything worked smoothly, staff friendly and offered free shuttle to Caltech which was nice.

I would not stay here again. I rather stay farther away for less money and better customer service.

Had to pay to parking. It wasn't included with my the room stay. Wifi was not free to use in the room. The lobby bathroom did not have a baby changing station. This hotel was not family friendly! The parking attendant was very rude. The front desk person took my parking stub and gave me a yellow slip to turn into the parking attendant. Not knowing the procedures, i didn't ask for my parking stub back. When i left the parking lot, the parking attendant was very upset that I didn't have the parking stub and basically called me a liar when I told him that the front desk didn't return it to me. Very disappointed at the Hilton customer service.

location was close to the convention center

Don't stay in room 211 if you like to sleep.

I was put in a room overlooking the bar/lobby area (room 211). I might as well have taken my pillow and blanket and tried to sleep at the bar because all of the noise from that area carried directly into my room. This room should not house guests or some remediation effort to dampen the noise should be taken. When I called the front desk to see if something could be done I was told that they could not ask the guests in the bar area to move or keep it down. To be fair to the front desk, I was offered another room -- but it was after 11 pm at night. I was already in bed and had to leave early the next morning. I'm really surprised at the lack of consideration for guest comfort in the design of the space for this hotel.

It was great overall.

I wish there had been ceramic coffee mugs in the room. Also the lighting could be improved near the coffee maker. I had a hard time reading the directions without good light.

The bed was very comfortable and the room was we'll appointed and quiet.

I would only return because its close to koreatown and central la

Bathroom door doesn't close, has a small gap. (Wouldn't have good privacy with friends) The self parking cost a little too much, I PARKED myself and cost $21 each day....if I valet park it's $23 plus a tip to the driver. I've stayed at other hiltons in LA and either parking was free or cost less.

Quiet area, clean and comfy beds, great staff

Everything was very nice.

Everything was very nice. I had a renovated room and then get a good job on the design. Wasn’t sure about the little dressers for anyone staying longer than a day or two. My evaluate that further.

Very convenient for the conference I was attending (in the...
    • Deluxe King Room with Mountain View

I was disappointed that $21/day was added on for parking in a large garage next door. Colleagues who used the same lot for the conference for the day paid only $10. It would have made more sense to use one of the public lots nearby. The hotel is also under construction/renovation, but the staff worked very hard to provide all usual services without interruption.

Very convenient for the conference I was attending (in the same building). Easy walk to many restaurants nearby. Quiet, and nice view of the mountains.

It was very disappointing !!!
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I paid top dollar for a total Hilton experience Only to be greeted with a lobby under construction and what substituted for a Front Desk.... it was appx 3:30pm past time for check in and yet my room was not ready... I inquired about the construction and since I did not know it was igoing on I asked to be let out of my reservation which I had guaranteed with my Platinum Amex Card..... because 1. My room was not ready at the time 2. There were cords, Power saws ... various tools etc right in the walking path that leads rrre to the front desk A real safety hazard ... 3. Then I was informed the gym and pool were out of service... and yet they would not let me out of my reservation.. it was a horrible experience especially when your 300 plus dollars a night ...

The room was very clean, and well appointed.

Comfortable and convenient but you pay for it.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Under construction, so pool closed. But they had arrangement to use Sheraton Pool 2 blocks away. Valet parking was convenient but pricy at $23/day.

Rooms were quiet and beds were comfy. Good location-Old Pasadena and Convention Center were walking distance away. Convenient access to freeways. Starbucks in lobby was nice and much cheaper alternative to hotel breakfast.

Buffet breakfast was poor, eggs like army chow, selections...

Buffet breakfast was poor, eggs like army chow, selections were minimal and food was cold when it should have been hot. I will not eat at the current restaurant again as it was pricey.

It was a disaster. Pool was of primary importance and it was closed.

Pool was closed for renovations in the summer! When I called the hotel I specifically asked about the pool was not told it was closed.

Very clean, comfortable beds.

The pool area and new restaurant were under construction so...

The pool area and new restaurant were under construction so we were unable to use them which was a bummer. But our shuttle driver, Freddy made up for it with his knowledge of the area and his friendly smile

meh. not what i expected for a $375 per night stay.
    • King Room - Disability Access

The view out our window was just roof top ventilation and air handlers. Also, our a.c. unit filters were so clogged, the unit would cool the room. So we had to clean them.

Valet

Given the hotel is under renovation I still don't think I will stay here again because of our bath e

The hotel was under massive renovation so noise was an issue in the morning and for some reason the staff dropped the ball on replacing a bath stopper for 3-DAYS! WE ASKED 3 TIMES FOR REPAIR AND IT WAS NEVER ADDRESSED.

Beds and pillows were great.

Too EXPENSIVE for what you get.
    • Deluxe King Room with Mountain View

I booked a King bed room when I arrived (after 3 which is check in time) they did not have any King rooms clean. I was very upset that they did not accommodate me they wanted to give me a FREE breakfast, that does nothing for me as I was leaving early in the morning and can not even use it. They were doing construction on the property, No Bar and a Bead show took the whole place up because of the construction. I felt like I was at a convention center. Now all of this would of been ok if the room wasn't $300.00 a night, at $300 a night I expect a lot more! Very disappointed and will never give my business to the Hilton Hotels again. I felt like I should of been told about construction before arriving I did not want to pay $300 for a hotel with these accommodations.

Beds were comfortable

Dangerous faulty cornice accident, comfy bed, good location

The whole solid wooden cornice (abt 3' - 4' in length) on top of the bathroom door fell on my daughter while entering the bathroom - slightly hit the top of her head. Thank God it was not worse! But we couldn't stop thinking "what could have been." Compensation for this dangerous flaw ... a meager free breakfast voucher! Manager saud that their insurance would call us - no call. And it has been about a month! Watch out for faulty construction!

Location. Comfort of bed.

It works.

The entrance is always packed with cars, so you are forced to valet or carry your bags from the terrible attached parking garage with 90% reserved spaces for the office building it shares the garage with. Also no elevator in the garage.

Staff was ok. Breakfast was good.

Noisy

Given the price you pay, you would expect more. The first night they put us on a room near the elevator (elevator bell going off many times during the night), and with a lot of noise from the street. The next day we asked to change since we slept badly. They moved us to another room. Much better except for contractor of the hotel working with drills etc from ~8.30AM. We were up anyways, but can imagine people who wanted to sleep in must not have liked. The AC units are too loud, thus hard to sleep with that turned on.

New remodeled rooms not good for alergy

Remodeling had just finished on our floor, the 8th so all is nice and new, But the off gasses in the hall and room were not acceptable. I woke up with very itchy red eye and irritated sinuses. I called about changing to a room that was not remodeled but they warned me it would be very noisy. To help I left the balcony sliding door open all day and that helped some. Another negative was the room was decorated like a Best Western hotel. Also there was not much in supplies (no shampoo and conditioner ). In addition, the breakfast was $15 extra and the food was not special and serve yourself. I did not like paying $21 a night for my car to be parked.

Hotel was under construction so it was not crowed. Construction mess was not visable nor too noisy. So it did not bother us. The 11:00pm service from a technician was exceptional. We were the first guest in the remodeled room and TV was not right.

I would not book this hotel again.

There was construction at the property. The pool was closed. the lobby and restaurant a mess. Only stairs if you parked in the parking garage (no elevator for our bags). I booked 2 rooms and the hotel only had one reservation. The shower had so much water coming out of the showerhead it hurt to take a shower. Plus there was a sign in the bathroom telling the guests to save water due to the drought! The shower used 10 times the water it should have.

Location great, but property needs some love!

The property was under remodel, green pool, noisy, wall paper peeling off wall. Carpet coming up. For $270 a night, I was expecting much more.

The location is great! Downtown Pasadena has a cool downtown with a lot of walkable destinations and restaurants. Staff was very friendly and accommodating.

The Hilton Brand has always been a favorite for me and my...

They are in the middle of renovations. Our bathroom didn't have any towel racks and with a family of five, I found it difficult to find a spot for wet towels.

The Hilton Brand has always been a favorite for me and my family. The property was easy to find. The staff was very friendly and very helpful.

The bed was really bouncy, pillows inadequate for a king bed...

The bed was really bouncy, pillows inadequate for a king bed, we booked a king room and were placed in a room with two queens. When reassigned it was a suite which was on the 2nd floor with a view of the roof containing heating and a/c equipment facing due East so room darkening was close to impossible. The whole stay was a disappointment!

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Worst hotel stay ever.
    • Deluxe King Room with Mountain View

Hilton should not be charging normal rates during construction. Construction noise starts at 7am on the dot every day. I booked a king bed a month ago with plenty of availability but when I checked in only a double was available. I asked for high floor, got low. Room service was bad. I had to go downstairs abd order, wait for food and take back to my room after a long day of traveling. The in-room coffee is terrible, but lobby Starbucks kept running out of standard ingredients like mocha. Really? Not enough mocha at a Starbucks? The drink prices in the bar are ridiculous! $14 for regular pour drink. There ws no full length mirror in the room. No vending machines on the floors. I spent over $800 for 3 nights and it wasn't worth it. By far the worst hotel stay I ever had. The amenities are truly terrible. I will drive further to my business meetings next trip to stay elsewhere.

Friendly staff, but no authority to fix anything. They just say 'I'm sorry' and then on to the next.

Do not go to this hotel. Extremely unfriendly staff and director is missing
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

They can not cope with complain. If there is one they will threat you. Incredible bad behaviour

Unfriendly staff at the reception. Director will not listen to complain from customers.

good
    • Deluxe King Room with Mountain View

room nothing special- small for a king bed, wear and tear in room present pool closed for renovation, very hot and humid in region- would have been nice to have pool like to have a jacuzzi anywhere I stay - none there

Great location for access to Pasadena Convention Center- very accommodating, pleasant staff

It was my first time to stay in your hotel but I have excellent experience and thank you.

All the staffs are very friendly and helpful. The location very close to the event that we attended it just a walking distance. The hotel provider us with the service before the event. Food at the breakfast buffet are good. The server and the host very polite and alert all the time they are not wasting time once they see that we are running out of coffee they will refill it at once over all the management are good , We have no problem during our stay. I will be staying again not only in the US but abroad as well and I do hope it will be the same service that I experience at Pasadena. I will give Excellent score.

Croissants kind of hard I like everything except the croissant.

Not worth it.
    • Deluxe King Room with Mountain View

The room was extremely small, the walls must have been paper thin because I could hear the tv from the room next door and even the persons chatting. I've been to much nicer Hiltons locations. This one wasn't worth the money.

the staff was nice.

Above and beyond hospitality

I was at a foods conference. Lunch was buffet. I hurt my back and had to go to my room to lie down. The banquet manager made me a tray, a sampler of all the foods, and brought it to me in my room! I have never had service like that before!

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

4.0
    Don't be fooled by the name "Hilton"

Old facilities! Room quality for 2 double beds room for $230 one night is really crappy. No refrigerator even though they can deliver for free but the fridge looks really old and cheap. Bathroom is also small. Can't believe it's Hilton....

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

Competent 3 star business hotel

The property is a little dowdy. The post-modern lobby decor is bad. Breakfast expensive and in grim, windowless room.

Competent, friendly, great pillows, good Pasadena location. The valet brings your car fast and welcomes you back.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

Overall it was a great hotel!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Balcony and Mountain View

I didn't like that my room option didn't have the breakfast option. I'm sure I could of added it, but didn't make the effort.

The hotel was very close to the convention center, the valet was great.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

Good location which needs updating.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Mountain View

It needs updating, which we were told is in the process. It has always been a good hotel, so updating should bring it back.

The location and the staff. People were very helpful even with the many demands we had for our room upgrade. The bar staff and food were also very good.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

Perfect Location for my visit; Shuttle Driver; Damien was my go to employee! Awesome!
    • Deluxe Double Room

Bed Ruffle was torn; however, Damien sent house keeping to replace it!

Location for my visit! The staff (especially Damien) did a good for me - they were patient & professional. Yes, I would revisit. The Hilton shuttle driver took me to my meeting with a professional spirit. They ALL did their jobs. 🙂

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

it served it's purpose.

Hotel is a little run down. A little noisy, AC had to work pretty hard to keep the room cool.

Good breakfast. Wait staff was excellent. Good location close to my meeting.

Horrible!!
    • King Room - Disability Access

The staff when checking in didn't tell me she was putting me in the room next door to me with Contruction going on...! at 8am in the morning! Could not sleep after checking in at 11pm! No guest should've had to go though that regardless of the remodeling.

Location is great!

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

Corporate, competent hotel gets the details right.

The rooms are bland and could be updated. The drain in the tub got stuck but staff fixed this right away.

Free bottles of water on arrival, ear plugs by the bed, great pillows (not too big), cheerful, helpful staff (valet: "welcome back, sir.") No check out procedure--keys go in a box, the final bill was slipped under the door. Responsive a/c delivers the exact degree you set it for. Good Pasadena location.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

I would look elsewhere
    • King Room - Disability Access

Bed was very hard, pillows very tiny and the room had not been updated since the 70's. Horrible popcorn ceilings that seem very low. Parking is very confusing. All we saw out the window was a parking structure.

The staff were very friendly and helpful

Friendly Staff Older Hotel

I didn't like that I was not informed there would be loud drilling above my room while I was sleeping in the morning. We were looking forward to sleeping in from the night before and were abruptly awoken by loud construction. Then when I called to inquire I was told I could have a free breakfast to make up for it. I should have been informed about this when I checked in and given a complimentary breakfast or parking before having to call and report this. Any who we appreciated the breakfast, however, when we went to eat we walked in at 1100 and were told they were closed. (The front desk didn't tell us to get there by a certain time). However, this was the case the lady allowed us to come in. We got a plate but the doors shut on us before we could make our way for more food (since it was a buffet). We weren't even informed that breakfast closed at 1100 so it was kind of rude that we barely got to eat. Anyway, the staff was friendly but we were not really informed and the room was a little outdated for the price.

I liked that my room had a balcony. The hotel lobby was also nice

Not up to Hilton standard

Was told that there was complimentary breakfast which was incorrect. Shuttle service was supposed to take us up to 3 miles, but wouldn't take us where we wanted to go even though it was less than 3 miles. Parking price for 1 day ($21) is ridiculous. Starbucks only open till 4pm. Bed linens were stained with blood. They came and changed them and new sheets were also blood stained . Television remote didn't work, took an hour to get new one.Carpet stained, paint and wallpaper peeling. Touted Starbucks coffee but you had to pay extra for it and they gave us cheaper brand name packets in the room. When you enter from parking garage, the scent is so strong it knocks you off your feet.

Pillows were comfortable

Satisfactory hotel
    • Deluxe Double Room

After checking in, I was reviewing pending charges on my credit card and realized that the hotel had erroneously charged me over $1,800 for a two-night stay. I immediately called the front desk and, although they were somewhat reluctant, agreed to honor the price I had secured through Booking.com (approx. $250/night). It's shocking that a non-luxury hotel could charge $900/night, but apparently they do. I'm glad I did not have to pay that. Even the reduced price is very high for what you get, though. The room and bathroom are really small; there isn't a mini-fridge in the room; there is one mirror in the whole room--which is the bathroom; the toilet flush splashes water onto the floor; and parking is $19-$21/night, which seems awfully high to me. None of these things are deal-breakers in and of themselves, but seems a little crazy to me that the hotel is priced as high as it is considering these types of things. I guess my point is, it's not luxury. I don't know, though...maybe it's just a "California premium."

Comfortable bed, clean hotel and rooms. The location was generally very good. We ended up valeting the car in order to avoid dealing with parking into tiny parking spaces, and the valet was very prompt.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

The beds were very comfortable and the staff I encountered...

The decor seemed disjointed and the cleaning solutions could be smelled in the hallways.

The beds were very comfortable and the staff I encountered were kind and helpful.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

Nothing special
    • King Room - Disability Access

The front desk staff was cold and always seemed preoccupied with something else. With each interaction I felt as thought I was interrupting an important task they were trying to complete but they couldn't because they had to help me. Beds not so comfortable.

The valet attendants were wonderful. Well worth the price and the tipping. Very friendly and helpful. Housekeeping very sweet. Starbucks coffee kiosk in the lobby was awesome.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

reunion weekend

I didn't like that the toilet is right next to the sink and that there was no refridgerator in the room. The carpet looked super old and sort of gross.

The bed was comfortable and the location is good. I don't have anything else to write.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

Don't visit with high expectations
    • Deluxe Double Room with Balcony and Mountain View

Accommodations were "tired". Might be time for a face lift to the rooms. View was lousy & room had so much outside noise that housekeeping left individually packaged earplugs on the nightstand! Beds were saggy.

Linens and pillows were soft & good quality.

Okay

Gym not good

Satisfactory

Residential.

Residential. No restaurants within 3 blocks

Bed comfort size of room facilitysthing

Nice quiet comfortable stay.

I didn’t like that there was a parking fee.

Room was very clean. Bed was so soft and comfortable.

great

Wife forgot her wrap in room and would like to retrieve it.

Very welcoming and clean

maybe could run specials and lower the price.

Loved the remodeling and all of the staff were so pleasant. Loved the beds. So comfortable

Overpriced.

No wifi or breakfast and outrageous parking fee.

Sort, comfortable bed.

House clean took my medicine!

House clean took my medicine!!

Good

I needed more light in the room.

Beds & pillows were comfortable.

Beds & pillows were comfortable.

The staff was friendly.

The staff was friendly.

Pleasant, very nice room

Convenient to our Green St Facility (I work for Kaiser Permantente)

Hilton high standards met with !
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Noise from street level could be heard in the room . Needs sound proofing for sure !

Bed was comfy !

Relaxing

Parking was too expensive for self park

Bed was nice and it was so quiet

They allowed early check in and staff was very friendly and...

They allowed early check in and staff was very friendly and helpful

The staff was excellent in meeting my need.

N/a

The staff was excellent in meeting my need.

I went for an in-town getaway thinking it’d be easy & enjoyable. It wasn’t... got a lousy room.

Management needs to step up its game

Locations

Very impressed with the hotel's recent renovation.

Convenient parking but parking not owned by Hilton. Old outdated parking structure.

Beautifully remodeled 2017

Very comfortable

If you had some not vegetarian dishes in your menu

Bed was very comfortable. We asked for the microwave they brought it right away

Great location to all restaurants, bars, events, etc. except parking.

Parking

Everything was near the hotel

Nice and pleasant stay overall

Decoration in progress, slow service at restaurant

Good location, nice staff

The hotel was under construction and completely overpriced

The hotel was under construction and completely overpriced

The staff is friendly and helpful.

construction during the stay.

The staff is friendly and helpful.

Execellent service

Room is small

Execellent service

Excellent stuff
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and View

We paid for parking twice

Excellent stuff

Quiet and comfortable.

Under construction ...pool was closed

Quiet and comfortable. Nice to have a 1pm check out!

Browse Hilton Pasadena traveller photo gallery