Reviews of Hilton Phoenix Airport 3 stars

2435 South 47th Street, South Mountain, Phoenix, AZ 85034, USA

#15 of 141 hotels in Phoenix

Hotel was not as nice as some other Hilton give stayed at..had a strange order like a cheap roadside hotel would.. I was just pretty disappointed overall

• Queen Room

The room did not come with breakfast

The beds were absolutely wonderful, so was the size and cleanliness of the room. Having been in three prior hotels, this felt like coming home! The bar/ restaurant service was great and the children enjoyed dinner at the hotel!

• Queen Room

That we had to leave! Lol

The bar/restaurant, the staff (from the bartender to the checkin folks to the maids and even Andrew the shuttle guy) was incredible everyone was very friendly and the pool was great as was the entire Hotel! We would (and definitely will) stay there again in a heartbeat!!!!

• King Room - Disability Access

Had to Uber to get anywhere. Nothing in walking distance.

Location to the airport, a restaurant & bar. Room was great, bathroom was excellent, bed comfy, room clean.

• Queen Room

Very surprising to me but of the 3 hotels we stayed at, I felt the Hilton had the poorest customer service when I posed questions to the front desk. I didn't feel as welcome as I did at La Quinta and Marriott. Even at checkout, there was no 'Thank you for staying with us'. Also what was very annoying was that you had to join the honors club to get the wifi. No jumping through hoops at the other hotels.

The rooms were clean and comfortable, they had a little Starbucks/convenience store near the lobby which was nice, ample free parking and a fitness center. Also shuttle service to the airport was very much appreciated.

• Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

A maid came into our room twice while we were sleeping. Once at about 6:30/7am and again at 8:30am. She woke my friends and me up both times she came in.

Loved the lights in the bathroom, PERFECT for doing your makeup!

• Queen Room

restaurant closed on weekends. hotel caters to business travelers, not leisure travelers.

comfortable bed and hotel was quiet considering proximity to airport

The coffee in the room was good but the coffee in the restaurant was horrible. It would have been nice to have had a tuck shop with snacks available around the clock, or a vending machine.

The location was perfect for us. The room was clean and comfortable and quiet.

• Queen Room

Was over charged in agreed upon rate by $227 total for 4 days. Staff incredibly avoidant i.e.,transferring me around and not calling me back. I am a Hilton owner through Valdoro in Colorado and have exclusively used Hilton when I travel and this was by far worst staff experience of any Hilton.

Facility was very good

• King Room - Disability Access

We had to wait in a long line for check-in, and the exposed piping under the sink was not appealing to look at, but neither of those things were so bad that it ruined our stay. We had a very nice night there.

I ordered room service and it arrived within 10 minutes - yet the server apologized for it being late! I hadn't even expected it that quickly. Roomy, comfortable, a couple of USB ports didn't work but overall great.

Room was clean, bed was comfortable, cleaning staff left extra lotions when I asked for a couple extra! The bar and restaurant staff (late night) were really personable, ultimately helpful and easy to chat with too :)

• King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

Unfortunately we missed the breakfast since our plane left so early so not their fault. And I thought the restaurant served dinner but it had closed at six. But as I said the food at the grill was very good.

The room was clean and comfortable. The airport shuttle ran 24 hours on the half hour and when we just missed it, the driver made another trip for us right away instead of making us wait. The food in the grill was very good. After dinner we asked one of the staff to take a picture of us which they were most agreeable to doing. And it turned out very well.

It’s poorly designed in that we had to go through the pool area and down a hall a long convoluted distance from the front Fest to get to our room.

It was a very nice place, clean and comfortable the staff were honest and helpful. Desk clerk cam with us to navigate to our room.

• King Room with Pool View and Patio

Super friendly teams, from hotel charter bus driver to front desk to the waiter/waitress, every one is smily and greets you politely. Nice swimming pool, gym, free wifi, good location where proximity to the airport, Tempe and Scottsdale.

Little bit on the expensive side but then again you get what you pay for.....

Overall a very comfortable stay, definitely on the upper end of the "business/transit" hotel side of things. Very friendly and helpful staff, a very passable restaurant and good amenities. Would definitely stay here again.

• Queen Room

Needs more electrical outlets at bedside.

Fast check-in. Short walk to parking. High quality accommodation-room was well-appointed. Room size was large and overlooked a nice pool area. Quiet. Good breakfast at restaurant.

• Queen Room

Excellent staff helped us after arrival due to American Airlines managing to lose our bags as all we had was what we were wearing. Hotel staff well above average at this hotel.

Nothing really. It was functional. A good choice for staying near the airport.

Very comfortable and practical option for staying near to Phoenix airport. Staff are lovely, beds very comfortable. Good value for money.

• Queen Room

I was harassed via noise pollution and had to leave early in the morning to check into another hotel and sleep. I was also harassed by the employees at the hotel.

• Queen Room

A very pleasant stay at this Hilton Hotel. My meal in the restaurant was delicious. Hotel employees were courteous and very helpful with any questions I had. My one night stay was very enjoyable and I will book any travels to Phoenix with this hotel again.

• Queen Room

It seems we should be able to use our room safe without extra charge. I'm sure it wasn't much but still. Not all people use credit cards for everything.

The entire staff was so helpful and nice. A huge plus for us.

• Queen Room

One quick night. Arrived at 9:00pm departed at 6:00am for flight. Perfect for the circumstances. Night manager went out of his way to get me coffee before the restaurant opened. Above and beyond guest service!

Ummmmm...hmmm...🤔 •When I FIRST arrived at my door I didn't know AND COULDNT SEE there was no "slide slot" for the card - just hold it to it. •I booked through Trivago via booking.com, I guess, but couldn't use my Hilton card. •I paid $90.15 for one night BUT! I felt safe & secure for myself AND my Mom once I scooped her up from Sky Harbor. :) •No continental breakfast. (She was BUMMED)

•Had the delightful pool all to myself (mostly) & THOROUGHLY ENJOYED my pool side room. •The bed & linens were luxurious. •LOVE the size of your bath AND pool towels! •The bathroom wall mirror was ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!! SO well lit - & a small one, as well! •Enjoyed the picture of the Capital Angel also!! The stone topped desk with USB outlets were awesome. •The in-room coffee was GOOD, Mom said.

Paid Wi-Fi, really? The new owners need to rectify this situation!

Overall a very nice facility. Good bar, restaurant and great pool area. Room was very clean and quiet. Could not hear planes at nearby airport or air conditioning unit. Staff is outstanding; front desk helpful and knowledgeable about the area. Lee, a server in the restaurant, is not only great at his job, but entertaining as well. The shuttle service to the airport, running every 30 minutes was terrific. Our driver, a proud former Marine and a veteran of nearly 50,000 trips to the airport, was the highlight of the stay. Semper Fi. We highly recommend this hotel when in the Phoenix area.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

• King Room with Pool View and Patio

Non-smoking room had been occupied by a smoker immediately prior to our arrival leaving a very foul odor in the room.

The bed and pillows were extremely comfortable!

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Horrible florescent lighting.

Clean, quiet rooms. Close to the airport and freeways. Had a great dinner of strawberry salad, fish tacos and a lemon drop at the on-site restaurant. Friendly staff.

The room was large and clean. Staff were very helpful. We used the shuttle to and from the airport and the drivers were very helpful and professional

• Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I was very surprised to find that there were only two (2) drawers,1 each and no microwave the room could of been a little larger

I like being on the fourth floor and executive lounge and breakfast

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

• Queen Room

I wasn't too happy to find something in the fridge that had been left over by a previous occupant.

Very good breakfast (a la carte) Nice room For an airport hotel, it's nicer than most.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

• King Room - Disability Access

The staff were so helpful when I had left my mobile phone in my room and was on the shuttle to the airport. The shuttle driver immediately called the hotel and turned back to collect it when I realised I had left it behind - very impressed :)

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

Lamps in room have a flouresent glow which detracts from the loveliness of the room.

Easy shuttle to the airport and staff could not have been nicer! Comfy and airy room thoughtfully designed. Fridge and coffe maker are a real plus. In addition comfortable area for seating, working and relaxing. Spacious with extra surface space to place things. When we asked staff at checkin where we could buy water they gave us two small bottles each!

• Queen Room

Sheets were dirty and had not been changed, but housekeeping was very nice and came to change them.

Good size room. Quit to fix any issues. Nice pool and jacuzzi.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

No place to get a hot breakfast other than room service. Door to room and between rooms was an inch off the ground, so I could hear EVERYTHING outside my room, including the people staying next to me having a normal conversation. Made it very difficult to fall asleep.

Plenty of parking

• Queen Room

There was alot of door slamming for a couple hours around check in time while my daughtet was napping. I dont know of much the staff could have done... it was simply a coupple of rooms that were friends and didnt think of those around them.

I came in tattered and torn with my 4 yr old and baggage in toe. The front desk girl went out of her way to help me and make me feel welcome and relaxed. The service here is amazing. I would recommend this place bigtime!

The parking directions were not very clear. We parked very far from our room without knowing it. The front desk did not offer directions, bit it was the weekend of the Final Four and they were slammed!

The on site restaurants were very good. The breakfast buffet for 19.00 was a very good deal. The rooms were comfortable. The pull out sofa was better than most!

$400 for a room in an older hotel seemed very high. Spring training, spring break and NCAA final four all going on probably had a lot to do with that

Staff was very accommodating and had excellent wait staff in bar

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

• Queen Room

would have liked a second luggage stand. layout is like a maze without adequate signage for finding your way around the hotel.

Room was spacious. well situated and clean

• King Room with Pool View and Patio

Menu options are not gluten free. You really need to look at more options. Kudos for the staff in helping to meet our needs.

Very friendly front desk staff, convenient location of room. The restaurant staff were incredible and Ver thoughtful and accommodating.

• King Room with Pool View and Patio

Cleaning staff came in while sleeping, 7am-ish. other guest were a little loud while walking down the hall around 4/5am..

everyone was great and enjoyed the stay. the bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

• Queen Room

Worst stay ever, for $270 for one night and a Hilton property you'd expect more. First all the employees are just kids with their face stuck in their cell phones, totally unmotivated. Check-in took forever as she couldn't find my res because she combined my first and last name. My room was on the second floor next to the elevator. All I heard every five minutes was motor noise from the elevator going up and down. Very annoying, resulting in worst night trying to get some sleep. The hotel wasn't even fully booked so should have never been placed there. Front desk staff have no clue how to allocate and place guests, (room spacing, ease to get to room, etc), all which contribute to to a quiet and convenient stay. Lastly, for exercise I always take the stairs instead of the elevator. The stairs led only to looked doors finally exiting outside which would set off an alarm. This is probably a code violation some how. Will pass on this property next time.

Bar was ok but the constant up-sell pressuring to order another drink was annoying.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

• King Suite

That's I booked a jr. Suites/ king bed and a sofa bed so my family would be comfortable. And there was no sofa bed. I didn't not get accommodated for what I had paid for.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

• Queen Room

Very noisy group in the next room. Took three phone calls to the desk before they quieted down.

Liked the bartender and the fellow at front desk when we checked out.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

• King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

There were a few bumps in the beginning with the room but the front desk went above and beyond to make sure everything went more than right. I was also impressed with how they work happily as a group to make sure everything went well.

The staff at the front desk and in the restaurant went out of their way to make sure everything was just right.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

• Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We paid extra for a room on the concierge floor that came with access to the concierge lounge, only to discover it was under construction and the lounge amenities were not available.

Facility was clean and room was comfortable

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Interior of rooms were very nice. Rooms were very clean. Bar/restaurant open till midnight. Small Starbucks on property was a plus. Huge lobby with computers available. Crib/extra bed available upon request.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

Windows of the room (234) were very, very dirty. Very tiny bathroom compared to room size. Free wifi is not standard. When arriving atthe airport, you cannot call thehotel from one of the courtesy phones with two digit codes, you have to call the hotel from your own phone.

Nice big comfortable rooms. Close to airport, with shuttle departing around the clock at set times. Good inhouse restaurants for dinner and breakfast. Coffee shop in lobby for snacks.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

• King Room - Disability Access

The bed was a little too soft for us.

Shuttle staff went beyond expectations (Dropping us off at car rental shuttle stop - and also telling us about prebooking a car through Hertz/Hilton before arrival to avoid airport fees)

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

• King Room with Pool View and Patio

The breakfast buffet has a great selection of fresh items to choose from, but my favorite part has to be the omelet bar! In fact, just to illustrate the helpfulness of the staff at this hotel, while we (willingly) waited in line for the omelet bar, our waiter offered to have our choice of omelet made especially for us in the kitchen: Talk about "no lines, no waiting"... it was so kind of the waiter... and the omelet was just as delicious as from the omelet bar.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

No complaints at all

Locality to the phx.just a very short simple ride from the airport and rental stations.pleasant staff and hotel. Meals by room service until midnight.newly renovated rooms without the strong smell of paint.very good indeed😊

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

No continental breakfast offered

The pool was so nice to relax in, the food in the resturant was a little pricey but oh so good. The staff was excellent, they made our stay so enjoyable, the shuttle driver Leo was so down to earth and so fun,

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

• Queen Room

Good, staff were very helpful,room was so comfortable, business services were excellent and finally we could leave our hertz car there. Thank you so much.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

• Executive King Room

great stay, great pool and plenty of choices for dinner. STARBUCKS in the lobby. shuttle to airport right on time and very friendly. Loved our stay here. Will stay there again!

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Pool View and Patio

Smokers at poolside. Smoke is NOT conducive to breathing during exercise. Allowing smoking at poolside is asinine. No Electric Kettle in room to make tea, which REQUIRES BOILING water. Requested but did NOT RECEIVE. NO MUGS for tea, as requested. Cardboard & Styrofoam cups r LOUSY. POOR Tea brand. 1-2 star hotels in Europe provide mugs & electric kettle for tea yet the Hilton does not????? This is BASIC SERVICE, fed up w/lack of service if u drink TEA, NOT Coffee.

Staff, beds comfortable & bath clean. Lighting excellent in bathroom. Airport Shuttle driver very nice. All service staff friendly, smiling. Pool nice, able to swim laps.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

Your staff is so helpful!!!!Suggested a GREAT place for dinner, close enough for us to use the shuttle! Next morning, early shuttle to airport and staff, again were so helpful and friendly. We have family in Phoenix but when we're flying in or out, we'll stay at your property!!!

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

This is the first time I've stayed in a hotel where free continental breakfast wasn't offered to ALL guests. Having been told upon checking in about the breakfast and what time it was offered we were disappointed that we had to pay.

Our room was clean and really comfortable, close to the pool. My friend left his book at the pool the day prior to check out. When he told the front desk he was given a name and number of who to contact, before he could call someone knocked on the door with his book in hand!

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

Nothing really!

The hotel was close, but not too close to the airport. The ammenties were just right, complete with the swimming pool outside my back door.

• Reviewed: 2 September 2016

I went to Hilton thinking better hotel better stay! Not the case it's ok. I could of got a room at holiday inn and I wouldn't have known the difference.

I like the decor in the room.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

Though waiting in a sand storm and heat, the shuttle took over 20 minutes to pick us up. The Room is dated, food at the restaurant is mediocre and expensive, and the bed is uncomfortable. This was our last night on a two week trip during which we stayed in 5 different hotels. This Hilton was the least enjoyable.

Romana, the housekeeper, is the best part together with the service at the restaurant downstairs. The front desk disappointed, especially the early morning front desk attendant who didn't even answer when we wished him a good morning.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Queen Room

We were only there for a few hours to sleep before flying home. We did use the pool and it was great. The room was clean. Didn't explore further then the pool. The shuttle busses run 24 hours. Every half hour. Our shuttle at 3:30 am was there and ready to go.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• King Room - Disability Access

Bit dirty rugs. Waitress too busy with bar group and flirting to be attentive and she started vacuuming right next to me after food served..ugh. took it to my room....

Ahh the bed and pillows. Restaurant on premise good food for price.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

The only thing was I was not aware of the thirty minute shuttle. I thought it was every fifteen minutes. This would satistfy the customers to get to their flight on time.

The hotel was absolutely wonderful. Very gorgeous place and the staff helped me to the best of their ability and satisfied my stay.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2016

While the hotel is close to the airport, it was difficult to find in our rental car. The prices in the restaurant were high. Arizonan seem to like their food spicy - even the "mild" chicken wings were H-O-T!!

All of the staff were very helpful. The room, pool and restaurant/coffee shop were good. The breakfast/omelet bar was delicious! Shopping facilities in Phoenix are excellent.

• Queen Room

Ac leaked in the middle of the night leaving floor wet by bathroom. Bed was a bit hard for my taste

Very clean room. Very nice staff.

Your booking did not show up under my last name. Created havoc at checking. Lucky Tina Mobley took care of us!

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Pool View and Patio

Got value and excellent service

Having to leave the next day.really great airport stop

The staff were excellent

So convenient to airport.

Appreciated the onsite resto

• Queen Room

Restaurant/bar service and food was just so so....

Room was very good!

No fan in bathroom... neighbors loud

Bed super comfy, awesome customer service in restaurant

Staff was very helpful

Good location for the activities we were doing. Very clean and great appearance in the lobby. It was all very nice

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

super breakfast, buffet and a la carte items had a wonderful room, almost a presidential Suite loved the aviation view from the balcony

• Queen Room

A late check out room for a shower

The bed was super comfy, breakfast was vey good, nice hotel overall

Restaurant