Reviews of Hilton President Kansas City 3 stars

1329 Baltimore, Kansas City, MO 64105, USA

#24 of 86 hotels in Kansas City

NICE, CLEAN ROOMS, COMFORTABLE BEDS, NICE CITY VIEWS FROM...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Bathtub

QUEEN BEDS WOULD BE NICE RATHER THAN DOUBLE BEDS.

NICE, CLEAN ROOMS, COMFORTABLE BEDS, NICE CITY VIEWS FROM TOP FLOORS, SPACIOUS ROOMS WITH LARGE BATHROOMS, GREAT LOCATION.

We will go there again. It is a lovely place & a lot of investment was made to renovate the hotel.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The wi-fi totally sucked. The room straightening service was below par for the level hotel we were in although the help doing the work were very friendly. No fridge in room. Not much to offer in 'snacks' dept next to check-in.

Great desk service. Very good breakfast buffet plus offer to make you an omelet. Breakfast crew intelligent, friendly. Evening service very professional. Super location near exceptional restaurants & public transportation.

My bed was very comfortable.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Our room was very hot. Couldn’t adjust the thermostat and they would not provide us with a fan. Also the fragrance in the lobby and elevators was very over powering.

My bed was very comfortable. Everything was very clean.

The name says Hilton, but you could've fooled me.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Check-in is 3 PM; we arrived at 4:10 PM and our room was not ready. No refrigerator in room! Room temperature was too hot/stuffy and a/c wouldn't turn down.

Bed was comfortable. Close to concert venue.

Great location, a little overpriced in my opinion, but room was nice and very clean.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The scent in the lobby of the hotel was extremely strong. Too strong! It smelled good when we first walked in, but within a couple minutes I was almost gagging and it gave me a headache. The scent lingered on our clothing after check in. Every time we needed to walk through the lobby we did it quickly because we couldn’t handle the strong scent. (Not sure if it was candles, or a diffuse or what they use to get the scent going, but was the entire lobby). If they toned the smell down a little it would be a much more pleasurable smell. The doors to get into the hotel late at night were a mess to figure out. They lick their doors after a certain time of night and even your room key will not work to open the doors. We stood outside for a few minutes and knocked until a employee came and let us in. At first I thought it was just an issue my friend and I were having, but after talking with other friends in another room who got back to the hotel about 2 hours earlier than us said they were locked out as well and had to knock until someone would let them in. No signage up about doors being locked and having to knock. It was very odd!

Hotel was nice and clean. Staff was friendly. Valet parking service was extremely fast! There were a lot of people waiting for their cars so I assumed it would take a while to get our car, but only took about 5 min. Location was wonderful. Right in the heart of downtown and wishing walking distance to great restaurant’s, Power and Light and Sprint Center.

Extremely disappointing anniversary experience and staff refused to allow us to use points.
    • King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

bacon terrible. Thin as paper and terrible taste. Gravy watery. ice machine on our floor was broken. In-room phones didn't work. toilet ran all night.

Often it was hard to find staff in the lobby or at the Valet.
    • Deluxe Junior Suite

Often it was hard to find staff in the lobby or at the Valet. The door to the ice & soda machine would not open. When I called the office, they suggested if I want a soda I could go to another floor OR to the bar downstairs. I didn't really care for that answer.

Gorgeous Hotel with Authentic 1920s Elegance.

The absolutely only thing wrong with our stay was the fact that the hot water in the bathroom sink didn't work! We were already unpacked when we discovered this so we didn't want to get moved to another room. The hot water in the shower worked fine. This was not enough to take the shine off our stay.

Gorgeous hotel. The room was beautiful. We were upgraded to a junior suite which made our stay all the more special. We ate dinner at Providence (the restaurant inside the hotel). The food was excellent! Later we had drinks at The Drum Room Lounge (also inside the hotel). They had Rieger gin, which is locally distilled yet hard to find, which really made my night!

Quality I got here the price per night should have been $59.99 and free parking.
    • Deluxe Junior Suite

Hotel was cold, room was cold. The restaurant for a Friday, Saturday, busy time for a national event was closed early. Didn't get room cleaned, had to keep contacting front desk for bedding and towels and service.

Location was fantastic for Sprint Center and Power & Light!

Bad experience. Will never stay here again.

The air didn't work. The window fell in upon itself. There were leaks in the shower and the sink. Couldn't move rooms or find another hotel because the city was completely booked.

Very near the Sprint Center where we attended an event
    • Double Room - Disability Access

Called twic for morning room service, said they were busy and would call us back. They never did. However, we reported this to the front desk at checkout and they comped our breakfast in the dining room. Booking.com had reserved a handicap room - we did not want or need this. The front desk graciously assigned us another room.

Very near the Sprint Center where we attended an event

The hotel overall was very charming and a pleasure to stay at.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

They didn’t offer free breakfast, the Wi-Fi was slow, and it was extremely overpriced, most likely due to the location.

The atmosphere was excellent, the staff was friendly, the location was perfect, and the room was clean.

Paid too much for what I got.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Bathtub

Not having a refrigerator in the room. Ask for one they got me a broken one took them a whole day to change it. By then had to throw all my stuff away. Maids and maintenance guys did not know how to say one word in English. Fire alarm with off twice for false alarm had to leave the building twice one of them 8:00 am. It was one of those stays. I travel every month this was my worst stay.

The area was great.

Nice hotel but will prolly not stay there again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Having issues with them taking money from our credit card for "insidentals" and it's been a week and the money still hasn't gone away even after calling and talking to them.

Great room, clean and extra bright.

Such a beautiful hotel and room with a view to inspire

Shower's water pressure really low, the sink's pressure was almost too much, so if that could be reversed everything would've been perfect.

Bed very comfortable, view great, room very clean and spacious, really close proximity to a lot of great restaurants and attractions downtown.

we had a great time. Everyone was very nice.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

just silly things like the faucets were hard to turn on and off. Especially the hot. And our floor vending machine would not take our $, but other than that. All was good

great beds, quiet most of the time.

Good pillows

My room had zero wifi reception. My entire visit I was not able to only fleetingly register the network, let alone connect to it. Then in the morning, the TV had no signal for hours. I assume the tv service is satellite. But not having wifi and TV at the same time. That's not cool for a room that cost upwards of $200

Good pillows

Nice Stay for Concert in KC
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Staff should tell guests that the door handles to the rooms have to be pulled up to open the doors vs. pushing the handle down as with most doors. :)

Location to the Sprint Center and downtown is great. Room was very nice as they have recently been remodeled. Staff was very friendly and helpful. There is a small Starbucks adjacent to the hotel lobby.

Not worth the $
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Our view was a brick wall, there was no microwave or fridge in room, hair in the bathtub, no free breakfast tiny beds for 3 people to fit comfortably they overcharged my credit card upon checking out when i seen it on my statement i called and got transferred back and forth and was told to call back on monday, way too expensive considering, i would have gotten more amenities at a motel 6

Location to power and lights was perfect

Great location for Sprint Center events and Power and Light...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

AC in room took longer to cool than expected but eventually cooled off. It was exceptionally hot outside though.

Great location for Sprint Center events and Power and Light District.

I would return
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

No fridge or microwave in room. No air fan in bathroom to keep mirror from fogging. Lots of girls putting on makeup. Big mirror and vanity though.

Unique older feel. Nicely remodeled. Building looks old school cool but the rooms are more modern and comfortable. Nice staff. Free internet speed not bad.

Perfect stay for going to concert at Sprint Center

I absolutely loved the atmosphere of the Hilton President. It had the perfect location for just walking down the road to the Sprint Center. The hotel itself was absolutely beautiful and the staff was very friendly and made the stay super pleasant.

Not a first class experience
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Shower needed scrubbing, parking was a bear, the toilet paper dispenser was broken, and the tub was missing a vanity plate leaving just an exposed hole at the front of the tub. None of those issues were that big of deal, just not what I would have expected from a hotel allegedly of this class.

Beautiful historic charm.

Parking garage was slightly difficult to find, but they offer valet parking which is worth it if you don't really know where you are going like me.

Beautiful historic charm.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Though the location was excellent, for the amount of money...

Though the location was excellent, for the amount of money we spent, we were a little shocked there wasn't a microwave or a refrigerator. I'm not sure if that's something that I could have asked for and it may be our faults for not asking before check in, but we went out to eat and brought leftovers back and had nowhere to put them or reheat them.

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

I loved the historical aspect and architecture.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Had breakfast in the Walnut room- I think the front desk should have mentioned it; really good food. Also, I booked the room, two double beds 2 months prior and upon arrival I was told it was not available- I was given a king, no apologizes, explanation or discount. The bar in the hotel needs to open into the dining room just below when it's busy.

I loved the historical aspect and architecture. Location to activities was great.

Meh
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The valet was extremely rude. Very rude to the point I want to just take my car and leave. It was very expensive for what it was too. I guess the location (Power and Light District) warranted he $300/night rate.

it was close to Sprint Center.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Very pleased!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The parking charges listed for private parking was $18 and we were charged $25. We were told Valet parking was only two dollars more so it still should have been only $20. Either raise the price on the website or charge the amount listed.

The hamburger was the best we ever had and the customer service was excellent!

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

The people were friendly and the location was fine
    • Deluxe Junior Suite

The room was like a dungeon. There was one window about 18" square. The decorating did nothing to improve the dungeon like quality. We had a small suite - an "upgrade" because there were no junior suites available. The living room had a similar window, a sofa and a TV. Nothing was charming; the artwork was depressing. We requested a feather free room and got feathers. I couldn't wait to leave!

The people were friendly and the location was fine

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

Pretty hotel, beware of construction

There is construction blocking every single route to the hotel, except one. Not a single email or any other form of communication was sent in warning. We planned extra time, thank goodness but missed eating dinner before the show we were going to. The construction started up pretty early Saturday morning, dashing all hopes of sleeping in. Also, the garage isnt connected to the hotel itself, good thing we didn't have many bags.

The rooms were clean and the hotel itself was beautiful! The beds were VERY comfortable with a lot of extra pillows.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

Great place to stay at power and light.

it was about 250 for 1 night during the week which was a bit high.We ate at the resturant in the morning, again the price was pretty high for breakfast but it was good and convienent.

Old historic hotel, it is a beautiful place

The bed is amazing!

Could have cleaned the bathroom a little better

The bed is amazing!!!!!!

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Rooms did not have a mini refrigerator which was surprising...

Rooms did not have a mini refrigerator which was surprising and missed for a weekend stay!

Great location. Walking distance from all major Power and Light Dist. attractions. Recommend using the the valet for parking as well.

Reservation was lost.
    • King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

Reservation was lost. Had to pay a high price to get a room

It cost $26.

It cost $26.00 to park your car. For $268.00 you would think that would cover parking.

Staff very friendly and efficient.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Staff very friendly and efficient.

Nothing dirty!

Obvious from previous comment

Nothing dirty!!!! They did move us but we still had to clean it

Wonderful service

Historic

Excellent customer service. Clean comfortable rooms.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Restaurant was terrific ! Easy walking distance to attractions. Exceeded my expectations !!! Clean and comfortable, excellent customer service !

Historic location.

Historic location. It's within walking distance of music, bars, resturants, etc. Nice rooms and large bathroom.

walking distance to the Sprint center
    • King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

room was cold and no indoor pool

walking distance to the Sprint center

ok
    • King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

cold building, cold buffet, cold checking in and out.

liked the bed

Huge King size bed!

Huge King size bed!

• Deluxe Junior Suite

I paid $419 for a room for one night and did not have a complementary breakfast WOW!

• King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

Room was not ready on time

Breakfast waffle was offered with maple-flavored syrup.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Bathtub

Breakfast waffle was offered with maple-flavored syrup. "Maple-flavored".

Don't use valet parking

Had to wait 40 minutes to get car from valet. Called down ahead of check out and still waited. Would definitely not use the valet service again!!!

Just ok
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Only 2 vending machines in the building which neither worked. Room service didn't offer soft drinks at all.

The location was great!

Travel

Over priced room service

Absolutely beautiful

Close access to the street car

Close access to the street car

Lazy staff

Lazy staff

There was no breakfast offered but it wad mentioned on the...

There was no breakfast offered but it wad mentioned on the website

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Clean, spacious, nice bathroom.

Clean, spacious, nice bathroom. Walking distance to Power and Light Dist & Sprint Cntr.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Comfortable beds, nice bathroom
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

No mini fridge in room, view of parking garage

Comfortable beds, nice bathroom

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Easy access to interstates

Comfy bed

Overbooking nightmare
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Over booked and bumped me despite having the reservation booked since feb. poor staff management and rude

No refrigerator or microwave available?

No refrigerator or microwave available?

Beds were nice.

Valet wasn't complimentary like they say. They charge you $25 per day.

Beds were nice.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

We had trouble getting our cable in the room to work.

We had trouble getting our cable in the room to work. But it wasn't a big deal cause we were not in the room much.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

The location was great!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

No fridge in the rooms and no vending machines with snacks just drinks which didn't even work

The location was great! And the bed was very comfy!

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Pricey

• Reviewed: 18 May 2016

Location was great for the activities we had planned.

When I arrived to check in, they had checked someone else into my room. So the replacement room that I got had a toilet that would periodically run.

Location was great for the activities we had planned.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2016

Very nice and clean.

No blow dryers.....normally even the shabbiest of hotels have blow dryers. It's a small thing; other than this little inconvenience our stay was great.

Very nice and clean. The beds were super comfortable. The customer service was exceptional and was tremendously helpful during a hectic day.

• Reviewed: 11 April 2016

Very nice staff.

Very nice staff. Always helpful and happy. We were very happy with how clean and comfortable the rooms were. Best pillows, my girlfriend has been searching the Internet in hopes of finding some similar ones!!

• Reviewed: 6 April 2016

good location for convention

I got a windowless room without even a discount on stay, my departure did not give me a receipt of my pagament, they told me they were sending me the email. It is more than a month that aspect and I have already sent 2 emails.

good location for convention

• Reviewed: 1 March 2016

Bed was fluffy and comfortable.

Called the hotel and asked specifically if there was construction going on in the area. Was told no. Apparently that person never looks out the front door. Construction across the street, cutting off traffic flow and making Valet parking horribly backed up.

Bed was fluffy and comfortable. Room service was surprisingly affordable.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2016

Liked the bed

Expensive, and told me that I could park my vehicle the next day at no charge. When I went to check out, they tried to charge me for another day

Liked the bed

• Reviewed: 6 November 2015

Old hotel but very nice.

Old hotel but very nice. Staff could be a little more customer service oriented at the front desk. Waited around and searched for valet when we got there and staff said "He's right outside". Guess was a solo guy there and we had to search around. Said No water bottles at front, was Thirsty, but then later got me one, which was nice.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2015

We loved the location!

Double beds...enough said. They were comfortable but would have preferred to queens. The smaller beds do however make wise use of the space making the room easier to navigate.

We loved the location!! We were in town for a bachlorette party and loved being walking distance from all the excitement and entertainment in the Power and Light District! Also loved the look, exterior and interior, of this historic building/hotel!

• Reviewed: 4 May 2015

The location was perfect.

I specifically chose your hotel so we wouldn't have to worry about parking. As it turned out, you only allowed one vehicle to park in your garage. (We had two cars as my friend and I came from separate towns. Therefore, I had to pay an extra $10 for parking in a lot across the street.

The location was perfect. A friend and I were there to go to the Billy Joel concert on May 1st.

• Reviewed: 3 May 2015

Friendly staff and the location to the Sprint Center...

There was a screw coming out of the faucet in the tub, mild on the tile, burnt out lightning, and dust on the ice bucket. These are little things but for a Hilton property, they should have been noticed. The elevator also had something spilled in the floor and not cleabed up.

Friendly staff and the location to the Sprint Center can't be beat.

• Reviewed: 5 April 2015

Was 3 blocks from the Sprint Center.

Starbucks was closed at 11 AM on a Monday. Really small elevators No fridge in a luxury room

Was 3 blocks from the Sprint Center. Great suite and comfy bed Valet Parking

• Reviewed: 19 March 2015

The courteous staff, large rooms, and period ambience of...

The air-conditioning/heating unit seemed a bit older, and quite loud....but this was easy to get used to.

The courteous staff, large rooms, and period ambience of this unique downtown hotel made it a refreshing change for this frequent business traveler. Close to the convention center & numerous restaurants.

There are also 56 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.