Reviews of Hilton Providence 3 stars

21 Atwells Avenue, Providence, RI 02903, USA

#9 of 14 hotels in Providence

No breakfast, didn’t have the right package and had to pay for parking! Lame!!!

No breakfast, pay for parking at facility, $25 a day, not included in price, ridiculous!!

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Amazing staff , Celeste at front desk was amazing The cleaning crew and the buffet breakfast was amazing , cannot enough good and excellent things about this place , I always come back and the location is amazing also , very highly reccomemded

Difficult to find entrance without sat-nav Parking fee

Front desk staff / parking staff were very helpfull when my rental car failed to start on our last morning , and we had to get to T F Green Airport . Not too far from city centre and the Federal Hill area was closer .

The bed looked like someone slept in it, no housekeeping after 1.00pm so our room hasn’t been cleaned, room service food was really appalling for a Hilton, overcharged 88$ at check-in and had to claim a refund. Will not stay again as not with the price.

Clean room, new towels

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The vent in room 1218 was dirty and nasty the exit gate didn’t work at times I almost missed my flight because it wouldn’t let me out and they couldn’t figure out how to fix it. The gate keeper literally had to use his hand and raise the gate arm to let me out. Breakfast was so so. The elevators are old and slow. The ice machine were noisy because it’s in the middle of the hallway. The carpet lthroughout need replacing. The computers were hit and missing. Didn’t work at times. I just expected more from Hilton

the bar area was stylish and location was nice and close to everything bar food was good. Maids did an excellent job. The gym was small but very well kept.

Room service price was a bit high, but it was yummy and convenient.

The room service was quick, yummy, and the staff was friendly. The bed was very comfortable and the room was much larger than expected.

Signage, coffee and staff

The staff for breakfast was excellent. They made the stay very rewarding. The breakfast was thrown in because of my Gold status but made the stay all worth while. The rest was ok, price accommodations. No mini fridge lousy coffee and an ok room . No sign at the site only way above the hotel. when I checked in I had to ask if I was at the right place a Hilton Hotel.

• Queen Room

Unfortunately, the room really was not great for the price. It was very small, it had no fridge and we were looking at crisscrossing highways. Ultimately it was clean and pleasant but just too pricey to be worth it.

The staff were very friendly. The french fries were good.

• Queen Room

Check in was 30 minutes late and they still didn’t want to give me a room after I complained of a late check in. I ordered room service, called an hour later wondering where my salad was, and was told there were no orders. Unorganized!

• King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

I think I explained it all in the above statement . But I have never had such a poor experience in what is supposed to be a luxury hotel.

I would not stay here again . I was given a handicap room . Not told that the ice machines were only on certain levels there is no fridge in the room . There was no continental breakfast and I was charged more then the quote I was given on booking .com . The staff were extremely rude when I asked about my bill she never even looked into the issue I had.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

I wish the room had a mini fridge and/or microwave.

Room was clean and very comfortable. The beds and pillows were great! Staff is warm and friendly; check in/out was quick.

• Queen Room

What i didn't like was the bed sheets was so dirty I couldn't believe it for$175 a night and the room was so small first time ever there and it wasn't comfortable

Parking garage dripped paint on my fiancée’s car. He is upset and we are going to call the hotel. Last time we stayed here were were charged double accidentally and it took almost a month to get our refund. Now

Very clean rooms, good room service.

Just two complaints: Parking was $25.00 per day. I thought, "no problem, the sign says 'guests have parking validated in lobby.'" I assumed that meant covered, paid for, etc. Not pay and then we'll give you a valid ticket to get your car out. The fine detail may have said parking was not included, but I missed it. Parking at the Omni nearby is free. My second complaint was the breakfast potatoes. They were inedible. But the breakfast sandwich was delicious.

The bed was very comfortable. They had complimentary bottles of water, too.

It was a little overpriced in my opinion for just one night.

The property was in a good location and the staff were friendly. The bed was comfortable and everything was clean.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Our room was not clean the next day and a fuse blew in our room they never fixed it that night we had 1 bathroom light and 2 plugs in the bathroom. We woke up Sunday morning still not fixed we called at 4am the front desk said the would send someone up at 6am and no one came. We had 4 little girls to get ready for a cheer comp.

It was close to the convention center

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Having to pay for parking at the hotel

My kids and I had a great time. The room was clean and dinner was great at the restaurant in the hotel. We worked out in the gym and went swimming. We enjoyed the mall right down the street and there is plenty to do in the area right in walking distance. There were no luggage caddies so they insisted helping us bring our bags up for us even though they were busy parking cars and I had said we would find a way to manage.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Small pillows, no shower pressure, water damage on walls, old fixtures and decor. For the price, things should have been a bit more upscale.

Beds and sheets were warm and comfortable

The guest overnight parking is very over priced. The garage is clearly not checked by security, there was a car parked near by mine and their tires were stolen!

I loved The Vig and the room was great

• Queen Room

I travel a lot. The hotel food was the worst I have ever encountered at any hotel I have stayed at anywhere in the world. It is an area the needs the attention of management.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The bed was too firm and hard to sleep on. They could not accommodate the request I made through booking.com and they never acknowledged my requests. They also did not say on the site that they were charging an additional $100 at the hotel for a room deposit.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Sink would fill up when the shower was used in a nearby room. It was gross.

The breakfast was a great deal The breakfast staff was great. Cleve was attentive and absolutely perfect.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

I did not like the pillows I brought my own pillow. Also the bed is kind of uncomfortable but it's probably because of me not them LOL

I really like the location and the amenities on site

beds not comfortable, room was not up to Hilton standards, outdated, no mini fridge, ice maker 2 doors down could be heard all night long making ice,etc. Could hear people loud, walking by our room. Somebody was smoking and the smell permiatrd the bathroom and then our whole room.

nice location, close to shops, restaurants and nightlife

• King Room with BathTub - Disability Access

huge choice of foods. plus specially made omelettes and waffles. no changing facilities or shower at the indoor swimming pool. for five adults, we had to make a bed on the floor with quilt and pillows. but we managed, as good price.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Few Hilton's have nice fitness centers-not many use them, but for those of us who do, having a decent sized space and a floor mat area for free weights is a nice extra.

Donna at the front desk was great. Arrived 1:30 AM (flight delays), and she quickly & efficiently, processed my arrival on Wednesday. Also the young man handling car flow was very pleasant/helpful.

• Queen Room

Intersection was a bit noisy w motorcycles -- ask for a quiet room.

Location best for convention center and arena visitors. Handy enough though to downtown. I enjoyed my stay and the staff was very helpful w tourist information. Terrific bell staff. Rooms were very spacious and comfortable. Good breakfast layout.

Your company totally blew it. The advertisement for this on your website it said early and late check-in available. Answer available in 48 hours. I asked for both. After 48 hours I received no answer from your company so I wrote you an email. This went unanswered. I sent you a second email, this went unanswered. I sent you a thorough email. This went unanswered. I finally called and you could do nothing for me. Nice doing business with you ...

Italian food.

we had to pay for the parking and the price I got from booking .com was not the price I paid, the receptionist who checked us in told me they could not give me the price I got from booking .com and she did not know why booking.com gave me such a price.

The location was very good

What I didn't like is that you have to pay extra for parking which is $25 per night if you self park. I also feel that the pool is way too small.

I loved the rooms & the comfort of the bed! The rooms and the whole building is really clean. The placement of the hotel is perfect because everything is close by. Twin Rivers casino & Roger Williams Park Zoo are only a 10 minute drive away. The mall is also a 10 minute walk away as well.

• King Room with BathTub - Disability Access

Hostess at the restaurant needed some customer sensitivity training. When we arrived for brunch on Sunday morning at 10:00 am, the restaurant was sparsely crowded - Many empty booths and tables - some of which had not been cleaned yet. We were the first on line and she greeted us with "there will be somewhat of a wait for a table - I would suggest you take food to go" We looked at here like "what?" and said "no we would prefer to sit down and have breakfast in the restaurant" - plus we have a train to catch and really don't want to take food with us. She proceeded to tell us that she had tables that needed to be cleaned and it would be quite a wait!! We looked over at a table for two that had one dish on it and asked if that one could be cleaned off - to which she shrugged her shoulders unhappily and replied "well, now I have to ask my servers to clean tables" - Really??? that is not the customer's problem! She proceeded to tell everyone on line that there would be a wait - Meanwhile a very nice server overheard the conversation and immediately cleaned off the table for two and several others around it - within minutes everyone was seated. There was no excuse for such a ridiculous attitude.

Rooms were comfortable - hotel centrally located - staff very accommodating from front desk to valet to concierge -

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Hotel was a little dated and the pool was quite small. Expected a bit more from a Hilton hotel.

Good quality food in the bar/restaurant. Friendly staff.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Tired fittings. Hotel could do with a refresh.

Staff were excellent. Good breakfast. Good parking. Location five minutes from downtown which was impressive.

• Queen Room

The snack room needs ice cream! And it would be awesome if the hotel had a charging station for electric cars.

Front desk staff were super friendly and helpful. The breakfast was superb and the server very courteous and attentive.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

more room between bed and desk...not enough big towel and didn't leave supplies (shampoo/conditioner) after 1st day....

valet parking attendance exceptional.... ease getting to and from hotel....

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

There was no bar fridge in the room and no bottled water was provided on a daily basis. This was a big disappointment for me.

The room was cleaned daily, with fresh towels and toiletries provided. The coffee, tea, sugar and milk was also replaced. This was great. I enjoyed the flatscreen HD TV and working aircon. The room was very spacious with a good view onto Altwell street. The WiFi was complimentary, provided you are a Hilton Honors member. I had some minor difficulty with login into more than one device.

• King Room with BathTub - Disability Access

I did not like not having an small refrigerator nor a bottle of water at the room- also it was only a one side of the set of sheets and the cover. Room temperare was not good - it was set at 40 F way to cold They have me a room for people with desabilities ...

• Queen Room

The dining room staff need to listen harder on what was being requested-like cold water without ice-and they bring a glass With ice!!

The front desk staff and porters were very kind and efficient

• Queen Room

Not much, perhaps a healthier selection of snacks in the gift shop given that kitchen closes relatively early for weekend nights if you need a little something after a night out. But other than that, very happy i stayed here!!!

Hotel was ideally located for what I was there for -Brown U graduation. Staff could not have been nicer and handled a confusing change in my plans with great ease and smiles. Lovely people. Room was spacious and clean and bathroom was beautifully appointed and clean. Would return without hesitation....oh, and hotel bar is terrific, with lots of space, light and beautifully appointed. Restaurant and bar staff were amazingly friendly and accommodating.

• King Room with BathTub - Disability Access

I like everything about the Hilton in Providence.

I am very happy that you have returned to the previous policy of allowing guests to take a FREE coffee back to their rooms in the morning.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The cost for the hotel was a bit high for the quality and location. The free internet was a bit slow.

The room was spacious and I appreciated the equipment in the Fitness Center. The location was ideal in relation to the Conference Center.

The cost of 306 a nite was outrageous compared to others in area...in addition $25 dollars per nite to park my car which I ended up parking off site 3 blocks away for $10 each day.

• Queen Room

There were barely any towels - when we called and requested more they never came. Any time I had to call the front desk it was a long wait to get a hold of anyone. Price was a little high for the amenities provided, but where this was a high traffic weekend in Providence that is to be expected.

Staff was super friendly. Room was very clean. Parking price was acceptable and valet staff was nice despite me not using the service. Comfortable smoking area outside that was also away from the front entrance. As a smoker even I hate when there are smokers in front of the door. Billing was quick and efficient. I LOVED that it was walkable to everything downtown. Fantastic location.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Air conditioning was very very cold. However, I probably did not adjust the thermostat correctly. Small complaint.

Very friendly accommodating staff. Couldn't do enough for us! Location was outstanding.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Parking was not easy,small garage and always needed parking tickets and they were hard to get ,had to wait for stuff to show up.Breakfast I thought was includes for an200$ a night room but we end up paying 55$ extra for 2 kids breakfast and one adult.Bird poop everywhere,and for 4 people room bathroom only had 2 bathtowels

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

No USB chargers in the room, no fridge unless you ask for it (and pay $10/night) and parking is expensive at $25-$28 per day, depending if you self-park or use the valet. The biggest negative was the very UNFRIENDLY reception I received from whomever answered the phone the night before our stay. I explained that we were two families traveling together and that we wanted connecting rooms. She answered by saying that since we booked through a third-party reservation, (booking.com) she couldn't/wouldn't help us. She told us that next time, we should call the hotel directly and book through Hilton, and they would be happy to accommodate any requests we have. Ugh. If I could have cancelled right then, I would have. In the end, when we got to the hotel, they said there were no connecting rooms (didn't specify if they were not available or nonexistent). We ended up across the hall from one another and that worked out fine. Thankfully, the reservation agent was the only bad apple in the hotel. Everyone at the property couldn't do enough for us. (delivering extra towels, giving us a map with walking directions, etc)

We traveled to Providence for a niece's graduation from medical school. We wanted a hotel that was walking distance to the VETS, where the graduation was held. The Hilton was about a 15 minute walk away, and that was fine. Everyone was exceptionally friendly -- from the valets, to the front desk staff, to housekeeping. The room was clean and attractive.

Fridge cost +$10 per ninght. Too expensive. Booking does not calculate the taxes Breakfast is not included in the price. Internet it's not that good.

Its easy to find when you are walking around de neighborhood. Housekeeping is from 9am-4pm

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• Queen Room

Only complaint we had and it's minor is we would have loved a later cut-off time on room service or bar/restaurant food. It was a Saturday night and we thought 11pm was a bit early for shutting the kitchen down.

The staff at the Providence Hilton could not have been nicer or more helpful with a family emergency that made my plans a bit confusing. They were great in rearranging our rooms to accommodate the problem and were terrific in giving advice for getting around the area, where to eat and in the Hilton bar and restaurant staff is top notch and super friendly.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

• Queen Room

Our room was tucked away in a corner, intruded upon by the stairwell (I guess) and, therefore, TINY! Much smaller than the other rooms around us (at the same price) and not at all what was shown online. The room door was in a darkened nook (had to strain our eyes to see the number and figure out the key card) -- seriously, it felt a bit dingy, when nothing else in the hotel did -- a light here would REALLY help. The bathroom was small, but functional, the closet was REALLY tiny, its door was barely wider than the ironing board that was hanging on it (and interfered with closing the closet door), there was no room for our luggage or to even open the provided luggage stand. And last, BUT NOT LEAST -- when we booked this hotel we were offered our choice of smoking or non-smoking room and selected smoking. However, the hotel does not permit smoking at all. Not a huge surprise, but still a disappointment. PLEASE ensure that this information is corrected on the website so as not to mislead other smokers -- it does still matter to some of us.

The location is great -- an easy walk to Federal Hill, downtown, and the shopping mall. Hotel staff (valet, check-in, restaurant personnel, maids) were all courteous and helpful. The room was clean, with a nice view (our window overlooked Federal Hill), and the bed was very comfortable. The fitness room was well-equipped and clean (refrigerated water bottles were a nice touch). The restaurant menu had some interesting items, and the food was very good.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

We could hear conversation from the room next to us via a vent in the bathroom. No way to dilute it

Good to have a newspaper every day and a good restaurant/bar available

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

If I were to choose the thing I liked the least it was that there was no signage in the lobby--nothing that pointed to the garage or Starbucks or anything else, so you really had no idea what was in and around the hotel. This was a contributor to a stark, cold feeling in the lobby. I wasn't crazy about the parking lot, but it was OK. The ice machine was directly across from one of our rooms. It had broken and the carpet was being dried. At first I thought that it was evidence of the hotel's decline, but I learned that I was wrong. All of the ice machines on other floors were working just fine, and the hotel was well-maintained.

This is a nice hotel, but not a luxurious one, which I knew from the reviews I had read. It was difficult to find a room with two beds during Brown's graduation weekend, so I was suspicious of why the Providence Hilton was the only one with those accommodations available. When we arrived, I was uninspired by the lobby, which has a cold atmosphere, but the rooms were clean and comfortable, and I quickly began to feel at home. The restaurant was a pleasant surprise. There was a delicious breakfast buffet, and they were able to seat us quickly, even when we had 12 in our group. There is also a Starbucks in the building that is not accessible from the hotel itself but it just around the corner. All in all, I would definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

I had to pay so much andd I couldnt even get some free water?? No microwave?only 1 outlet by the nightstand

There was an iron and nice people. The pool is nice but people can look at you right through the glass which makes it uncomfortable.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

I had booked 2 rooms and paid for 2 months ago for 2 rooms - but when I got there they only had 1 room available and I was told there is a lovely hotel 10 min down the road for the rest of my party to stay at. And since I booked through Bookings.com I had to deal with them to get any reimbursement for the 2nd room unless I could prove then and there that I had paid for a 2nd room. Who carries a paid bill around with them? So we had to inconvenience someone else to have the rest of my party stay with them.

property is conveniently located near Dunkin Doughnuts venue and the downtown district of shops and retaurants

• King Room with BathTub - Disability Access

No service clean my room, Brreakfast delivery to wrong room at 6:30am To my room and woke me up . Complained to the front desk when checked out Only said sorry .

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

• Queen Room

Room service took long and my order was wrong. I also ran into an issue at the event I was attending and was unable to return at noon for check out. I sent one of my athletes parents to try and extend my check out but the rep at the front desk was extremely rude. For this reason I will not be staying here next year.

Could not connect this stay with my hilton rewards. Asked at check in and staff not able to assist me in finding rewards membership number

Staff all awesome, hotel, breakfast, and bar. Breakfast outstanding. Loved valet parking.

• King Room with BathTub - Disability Access

I feel like I did not get the room I purchased. I ordered a king-size bed and room 1400 did not have a king-size bed. I feel like rooms were not ready at check in (3pm) we went to bar to have drink and wait. Waited over a half hour. Then got told room was still not ready. Staff then stated he had a room for us. Shower curtain appeared to have yellow/brown stains (upper part- probably not changed with every visit) I was displeased with these finding. Bed was very hard and not king size

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

No mini fridge in our room. I don't like the coffee machine.

The staffs are very nice there. Has breakfast. Not too far away from the train station. quiet.

The rooms (or group stayed in 3 different rooms) could be bigger but they were adequate

Breakfast was included with our room and it was an extensive buffet with omelet and waffle station. The front desk staff and restaurant staff were very helpful and accommodating.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The cook at the buffet breakfast was great. Made everything the family wanted and when my daughter was crying he went to the kitchen and got her a treat which made her very happy.

No breakfast no coffee the cafe was pricely too soda 3 dollars

Llked the room but breakfast a lil pricely and the money u send for the room breakfast should be free

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The cost of the breakfast buffet is ridiculous. Having to pay to park on the property is also another way to take people's $. When I stay at a hotel, I expect being able to park my car there is included in the cost of the room. The revolving front door has been out of order for quite a while and it seems like this should b a priority for repair. When we checked out of. 3/19, two cars parked near ours in the lot were on blocks with all 4 tires gone. We informed staff at the desk and no one came out to investigate while we were there. What is being paid for to park if cars are not safe in your parking lot? You should at least have refrigerators in the rooms and not charge extra for them.

Very clean, staff very friendly and helpful. There was a noise issue on our floor and security was sent up. The noise continued and Isabella at the front desk changed our room/floor with no issue and comped us breakfast the next day for the inconvenience.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Booking.com said parking was free, was actually $25 for the night. Also said I could pay wish cash upon arrival but was forced to use a credit card unexpectedly. Car was broken into in parking lot, got a cell phone and cash stolen, staff could not seem to care less.

Corner location entrance by road to hotel - not clear where to pull in - saw several other cars had difficulty as well and crossed yellow line after traveling down a bit in the wrong lane to make a left to enter. Signage and not having a bus parked pretty much covering view of the entrance would have helped

Clean, great water temp and pressure for shower, efficient retrieval of car from valet service. Very convenient to concert venue

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

• King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

We were on a very loud floor. There were children running around and yelling the entire time. We called to the front desk and someone was supposed to come up but never did. Very disappointing

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

Expensive fees and parking - too much for an average experience. Booked for $159 and ended up paying around $225 when all was said and done. Housekeeping tried to open the door while we were sleeping at 9:30am. Facilities were outdated and very average. Would not recommend.

Friendly front desk staff, location.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Shower did not work properly

Location to downtown and college visited Early checkin Comfort of bed Helpfulness in getting taxi to train station during busy period

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

We were charged an unexplained amount on our credit card that the employees kept telling us they could not see in their system when we were trying to get reimbursed.

The restaurant (the Vig) was beautiful.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Food was not prepared how I wanted. They attempted to fix it and it still wasn't what I ordered.

The view....the choice of channels...the really nice front desk.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

$25/day for parking is absurd. Booked in June, stayed in November, and I got a room with no view, a roof with an AC on it was outside my window.

Bed was very comfy. Shower was nice and hot and lasted. Right next to convention center.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

• Queen Room

There was nothing about my stay I didn't like. Everything about Hilton Providence was worth every minute of my stay.

Well worth the stay. It was a very comfortable place to stay, in a great location and the scenery was beautiful.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

For the price and the Hilton name, the hotel was disappointing. Pool was dirty and had hair balls floating in it with a slimy feeling, dark halls, no mini fridge, and bathroom looked extremely cheap for how much we paid! They were doing construction so maybe they'll do some updates because this place needs it.

Location and the men working valet were extremely polite and helpful recommending good eats.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

Free internet everywhere would of been better. Dont like that most hotels charge for internet in the rooms.

Super clean ! Excellent location ! Great staff !

Room smelled like the bathroom had just been used when we first got there. Basic room for the price. Too casual of service for a full service hotel. Room service food was almost inedible. Worst omlet I've ever had. I'd stay again if the rate was cheaper but for what we paid I expected all of the bells and whistles of a full service metropolitan hotel.

Comfortable bed, convenient location

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

Staff weren't responsive and especially on arrival. We had to literally ask for our luggage to be taken inside the hotel. Our reception outside the hotel entrance was poor . The rooms are dull i.e. Poor decor

Bed was comfortable