Reviews of Hilton Salt Lake City Center 4 stars

255 South West Temple, Salt Lake City, UT 84101, USA

#35 of 69 hotels in Salt Lake City

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Wonderful facilities and location. Parking cost not included
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Allergy Free

Be warned that if you plan on parking your car it is between an $18-$24 charge. Was not aware of this before arriving and it did not make much sense to park somewhere else for the night. I would have booked a different hotel had I known that parking was not included in the cost.

I loved the location and the ease of getting around downtown Salt Lake City. Staff was fantastic and we felt very taken care of.

Nice but never again

I flew into SLC to meet my husband and son who were driving his belongings from CA to CO to attend college. Picked the hotel because it had its own secure valet parking and didn't want to park the SUV with computers, skis, bike, etc on the street. Little America is my go-to spot in SLC but opted for this because of secure parking and its walkability score. FIrst, NO airport shuttle--really? Second, when I arrive I notice that the parking has a VERY low clearance and our SUV with simple ski rack on top (bike was on back of truck) would not meet the clearance so we ended up having to park in a lot down the street anyway. There was no vending machines on the floors and you are left to buy a simple snack-- pack a M&Ms from a grossly overpriced, upscale gift shop--$5. Insult to injury--you have to pay for WIFI--hello--the 1990s are calling and want their wifi policy back! I even signed up for the Hilton Honors program on my phone hoping that would get me access but no luck. There are too many other good hotels in SLC to EVER stay here again.

Its a clean, modern hotel with all the amenities. Umm, Blue Iguana mexican is half a block away and has good mole.

Felt cheated with all the additional costs for things that are complimentary at every other hotel

Spent a month in a different room each night and this was only slightly better than much cheaper motels. The annoying thing with this hotel was all the extra charges which you get complimentary at every other hotel which is a joke given the premium price w.g. Breakfast (+$20), parking (+$18), WiFi!!! (+$10), water (+$2). Never have I had to pay for WiFi in a hotel for years I though we moved on from that but seems Hilton want to squeeze you for more.

Bed was amazingly comfortable.

The Hilton was very impressive and beautifully decorated, though maybe staff should be better prepar

It was very busy, and your staff was maybe a little overwhelmed, causing at least the person I spoke to, to be snapy. I didn't care for her tone. I literally just asked a question.

The bed and pillows were very fluffy and soft. But your comforter was lovely. If I'm not mistaken it was a feather down and I absolutely enjoyed it.

A nice hotel let down by the fact I had to pay for parking and wi-fi

On my trip to the U.S I stayed in 7 different hotels in 3 different states. The Hilton was the only one where I had to pay for parking and wi-fi.

The room was fine with a nice view . The bed was very comfortable.

Enough for a quick one night stay near the airport.

Valet parking is very expensive. We are hilton honours members and they didn't upgrade us.

Good location, managed to get a car parking spot outside the hotel for free because it was the weekend.

Kudos to the front desk manager.
    • Executive King Room

The engineering department did not seem to have any clue on how the heating/cooling system works or how to maintain it.

The front desk manager did an outstanding job helping to resolve unacceptable room problems.

A high quality experience.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Roll-In Shower

The only problem that we encounter was the hotel pass to enter the parking. The staff member that first issued the pass and checked my husband in was not especially helpful. When we returned to receive help with the parking pass she was much more helpful.

The Hotel was clean, beautiful, and the bed was the most comfortable bed that I have slept on in a hotel.

Overall no major complaints I enjoy the hotel beautiful Lobby staff was friendly and helpful when I

considering the photos I saw on the website the room was a disappointment as far as decor and furnishings taking into consideration the Hilton brand and the price per night I paid for the room. Would have been nice to have a sauna and or steam room in the gym area. Chicken Caesar wrap I ordered from room service was disappointing not nearly enough chicken on the wrap especially considering the overall high prices of the menu items.

Bed was comfortable,nice big flat screen tv.

• Executive Queen Room

Facilities were okay. Room service was left outside the room overnight and was picked up the next evening. Don’t expect housekeeping to be around either (see evening turndown pic) Requested basic amenities like shampoo, shower gel multiple times, until they were handed over to me in plastic bag at the reception. Horrible experience overall dealing with rude hotel staff that have not had the most basic of hospitality training.

I was priced wrong on check in, so my check out price was...

I was priced wrong on check in, so my check out price was higher than what I had booked. Then the check out manager was extremely rude to me and talked down to me in front of my girlfriend. The internet was slow and hard to connect to because I needed some promo code which I had to get from the hotel desk. My booking was supposed to come with breakfasts, but I didn't get any meals any day. This was for my birthday, and I am so upset with the stay I will never use Hilton again unless this is remedied.

The hotel was short of my expectation.

I can’t believe a hotel like Hilton can’t give their customers complimentary water. I was shocked upon entrying my room to see a price tag of $1.50 on the bottle of small water after paying $130 per night before tax. I can’t also believe that there was no liquid bathing soap in the bathroom only had a bar soap. Internet wasn’t free $10 per day.

The location was good and the bed was comfortable

Location, neat and clean!
    • King room - Non-Smoking - Accessible

Couldn’t figure out how to open drapes that easily. Booked through a booking agency,, parking advertisement misleading, said public parking available, nothing about $18 a day fee. Shower difficult to regulate temp. And puddled water into bathroom.

Location, neat and clean! Staff very accommodating.

The worst hotel we have ever stayed at.

Had to pay for parking. No continental Breakfast. Prices for food were ridiculous . Front office did not tell us our room number said over by the elevator whatever that meant. Front staff acted like they were put out! The TV guide was off by 3 hours. It was a horrible experience.

Did not like anything

If you can not access WiFi at a hotel because of some stupid rule, please let your readers know tha

Being that I needed to get work done in my laptop, I was extremely disappointed that because I was not a Hilton Honors member I could not access WiFi. Not in my room and not in the lobby. Very cheesy!

I appreciated the hot water and the bathtub. Also, it was pretty quiet.

Breakfast was so AMAZING, it makes paying a little extra worth it.

The Spencer’s restaurant was too expensive, barely anything to pick on the menu, and proportions were too small.

The breakfast service was AMAZING! Food was great, cook who made omelette was OUTSTANDING!

Great location, subpar room.

Based off the lobby I was expecting a much nicer room. You can tell they have renovated fairly recently but the room still felt small and dingy and the bathroom felt dirty (stained grout, stains on the floor tiles).

The location is fantastic! We were in town for a Jazz game and it was a quick walk to the Vivint arena.

Enjoyable and I would come back

I could not figure out how to turn the TV on. I know I could of called to ask for help. It was a bit frustrating

I went to Roots Tech and the location of the hotel was perfect. Also the bed was comfortable and I felt at ease in the hotel

Location was good.

It was very noisy in the hallways and above my room during the evening and night. I had to pay a lot for WiFi. Other hotels offer WiFi free. I expected more from a Hilton.

Location was good. Parking was easy. Staff were helpful.

Cleanliness of the room, location is perfect.

No free breakfast, no free wifi, asked for extra blanket/pillow took almost 1hr and 3 phone requests.

Cleanliness of the room, location is perfect.

Well done!!

The food in the buffet can be improve): But we did like the fresh omlet! The orange juice was bad test compared with a fresh squeez one.):

I like the facility and the room plus the location

Hotel was good, staff could have handled things different. Questionable if we would stay again.

We had a very bad experience trying to sleep. The beds were comfortable, the problem was the room next to us. They had anywhere from 10-15 people constantly in and out being loud and even knocking on our door several times. We contact security 3 times until they finally did something about it. We were so tired we fell asleep after the 3rd confrontation they had, keep in mind this was because it was 2:30-3 am and it wasn't because the noise stopped.

I did like the all around atmosphere of the Hotel.

Would return the next time I'm in Salt Lake City.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Roll-In Shower

The front desk staff and concierge were super helpful and accommodating. We appreciated the opportunity to use the gym after check-out to take a shower -- following a full day of skiing (awesome!) and before catching a red eye flight home. It made a huge difference in our trip...thanks Hilton! The hotel's location in Salt Lake City was perfect for us -- just a few minutes walk to the Salt Palace Convention Center where I was attending an event and several restaurants within walking distance (in addition to the hotel restaurants). The street car (trax train) stop is just a few blocks from the hotel and transfers to a ski bus that takes you to Snowbird/Alta. (Other routes go to other ski areas, though I don't think there's one to Park City...?)

Beds were fine.

Cost of parking and then there was an additional $25 charge for I have no idea what?

Beds were fine...we really only stayed 1 night. Room was adequate. No complaints.

Staff was very attentive.

They use bleach on all of their sheets and towels, including the hypoallergenic. If you have skin sensitivities you need to bring your own blankets and towels.

Staff was very attentive.

I took my wife there for our 21st anniversary. Dissapointing!
    • King room - Non-Smoking - Accessible

There was dog food, and hair all over the floor, obviously the room had not been vacuumed before our stay. We ordered microbrewery beer on tap at their “highly acclaimed” restaurant “Spencer’s” both our beers were flat, my wife didn’t even drink hers and we left without eating.

The room was good size, comfortable and had modern decor.

Not as great as we thought it would be for a 4 star hotel

TV was not working, we called for someone to fix it and took a while so we tried to fix it until it worked. We had to unplug and plug the TV again. This happened more than twice, it was annoying.

Beds were good

The staff made the experience wonderful!

Parking cost seemed a bit high.

Bookings.com said we had some sort of meal plan, but the Hilton staff told us they had no idea what that was. Well, after forwarding them the confirmation email, they agreed to honor it!

Would return again, but will go out for breakfast and request a room up higher.

Pool was cold and breakfast buffet was pretty bad, especially for the price. Seemed like everything was made in a microwave.

Nice comfortable beds, only bad part was the A/C unit view from the room.. pool was too cold to swim.

I have stayed her before, is usually my first choice hotel but after this last stay I’m not sure

I asked for a higher floor and got the 4th floor. I also asked for a good view and I was seriously looking at all the laundry vents and other rooms. It was a terrible view. The room made a weird noise that kept me up most of the night. I also ordered a single glass of wine and it took so long to come up that I ended up canceling it and just going to bed...

The bed and pillows were very comfy and the room was clean

Nothing cleaning staff robbed me security turned a blind eye. No follow up.

Overall, my stay was very pleasant and time spent back in room after busy days was relaxing.

Desk clerk was not at all helpful when I asked for help in getting on internet in room (Friday). When I asked someone at desk on Saturday I got immediate help. Thursday at breakfast wait staff was very short leading to a long wait to pay or get more coffee.

Liked the healthy breakfasts - quinoa, oatmeal. Easy check-in and out. Refrigerator in room.

Old property felt like a roadside motel not a Hilton.

Staff was apathetic towards any issues. Big issue was "the property may charge for parking " listed in the description on your site is untrue. According to staff and permanent sign in front it is $18 a night always. Very misleading and deliberately so. Every other property we looked at in the area listed $8 parking.

Not much, felt like a 2 star.

I like the downtown location

Charging $15.00 for parking on top of the room charge is ridiculous! The bathroom was very small and dated. I have stayed In Many less expensive hotels with much bigger and more up to date bathrooms.

I like the downtown location

Awful from start to finish.

The staff was rude, unhelpful, and impatient. When I called in the morning to make a reservation the woman who answered cut me off and told me to call back tomorrow. I told her I needed a room for that same night due to a conference, which irritated her even more. Booking.com saved the day. When I arrived at the hotel and informed the woman at the front desk about what happened she also cut me off and told me to call tomorrow when their booking person/manager would be in. The organizer of the conference emailed the hotel's booking person/manager to explain what happened, including the unhelpfulness of the staff. A one sentence reply was received stating Hilton could not help. There was no mention of the rude treatment. Also, they charge $9.99 per day for internet! Who even does that these days?! At nearly $400 per night, I expect free Wi-Fi. I rate the hotel staff, amenities, and the overall Hilton experience as zero stars. I only stayed there because it was close to the convention center which is why it received a higher rating than it deserved. I will never stay at Hilton again!

Location to convention center.

My husband and I were upset to find that when we went to...

My husband and I were upset to find that when we went to leave the parking garage after our stay at the Hilton..we had to pay $20. Don't you think if you stayed there that should be covered?

ordinary, I have paid a lot less at other hotels and received a lot more...will not be in a hurry to
    • Executive Queen Room

The room itself was very ordinary, the price point for what we received was extremely poor. Terrible coffee, tiny fridge with no freezer. Nothing offered in the lobby except water which wasn't even kept full. There comes a certain expectation with the Hilton name and this was not at all what I expected from a Hilton and I paid a lot more for 'nothing'.

The staff was super friendly, the location was central, we could easily walk where we wanted. The room was clean.

Beautiful; room pricing was in-line, but parking & meals were WAY out of line.

Underground parking was wonderful, but too expensive (self-park @ $18/day). Had breakfast at the hotel, with one bagel and one small dish of oatmeal + coffees and it was $35 with the tip. Outrageous, given that the next day we had the same breakfast at a McDonald's about 2 blocks away for $11. We didn't eat dinner at the in-hotel restaurant, Spencer's, for the same reason, when right next door was an Olive Garden with "normal" midwestern pricing.

Wonderful hotel re: location, ambiance, and general presentation.

The location was great and the room was okay but everything else was pretty unexceptional.
    • King Room - Allergy Free

The room got too hot, the air conditioner couldn't keep up with how hot it got and never once shut off or reached the desired temperature. We were surprised about having to pay for everything (parking, Wi-Fi, etc.). We also went down for a quick breakfast of eggs and yogurt and were shocked of the cost (over $20 per person). Also our shower had trouble draining and we had to shower in standing water.

The bed was very comfortable. The location was perfect for downtown and within walking distance to everything we wanted to see.

Salt Lake Hilton

We were given a complimentary birthday treat which was very nice. However the tray and remains sat in the hall two days having never been picked up. Dishes were outside a neighbor's room also. The web site didn't mention parking fees. The valet service was speedy and courteous, however.

Staff was pleasant. Beds were comfortable and location was good for getting around the city.

Not what I would have expected from a Hilton
    • Executive King Room

Automatically have feather pillows in room. Housekeeping will take anything they feel is trash or belongs to the hotel. Might charge you unexpectedly for no reason so watch your card statements! Not timely to respond to housekeeping needs

• King Room - Disability Access

The room was NOT handicapped accessible so I wasn't able to take a shower. The fee for parking was not disclosed.

It was fun to stay on the 17th floor.

Check in time and room availabilty is merely a suggestion
    • King Room - Allergy Free

We arrived at 2 pm amd were told our room would be ready in an hour. We came back at 3 pm after walking down to the mall in 100 degree weather and our room still was not ready. They told us they would let us know with a text when it would be ready. We sat in the hotel lobby and finally after 30 minutes we went up to the front desk and were about ready to go to another hotel. The front desk staff then upgraded us to another room which was very nice. I understand the hotel was sold out but the rooms should have been ready by the 3 pm check in time. I noticed when we went out around 530 pm the housekeeping staff were still cleaning rooms. The 12 pm checkout time is nice but it might be hindering the cleaning of rooms for a 3 pm check in time. I also noticed at 3 pm we were not the only people who's rooms were not ready. I don't know if I would stay at this hotel again.

When our room type (hypoallergenic king room) we booked was not clean at the 3 pm check in time we were upgraded to a bigger room on the top floor for the same price.

The hotel was very close to the city center where we could...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Allergy Free

Too bad my two teenagers couldn't order from a separate menu for their breakfast, they weren't hungry, but I ended up paying for the full buffet breakfast cost for them anyhow.

The hotel was very close to the city center where we could find great restaurants and also visit the famous church.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

SLC Hilton on Temple

Ridiculous to pay $18 per car per night to park... Booking.com did not disclose that factv. Hot breakfast buffet was $22...definitely not a good value. Cup of coffee was $4 if you didn't buy the buffet. My bagel was $4.50. Common bathroom (female) on the ground level near the lobby, had 2 unflushed stalls full of feces.

The beds were very comfortable.

Not all it was cracked up to be.

The bathroom was dirty ( toilet had urine from the guest before, shower had hair in it). Unable to adjust the temp in the room. We reserved a king bed room, and got a queen.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

Perfect location comfy room

Quiet and Very comfortable clean rom/ bathroom, our waitress the next morning was really the only employee we came in contact with - she was delightful helpful! Location to venue - within walking distance.

Staff was horrible especially the the valet service.

Staff was horrible especially the the valet service. Our first room stunk like cigarettes so had to be switched and the second room was not clean and shampoo and conditioner bottles were empty. Not impressed!

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

I won't be back you run a rich mans hotel....
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

the shower didn't work good, coffee pot didn't work kept turning off,tv volume hard to adjust never any ice, pop over priced machine said 1.50,but took 2.00 to get any.fridge wasn't cold enough,pop put in day we got there when used the next day outside of bottle was cool but pop was warm. .everything you asked for it cost you.would have liked a micro wave but didn't dare ask for one. Food prices were a joke,eggs ,and pan cakes were like eating rubber and leather.parking was unreal 16.00 to park your own car,for the price we paid for the room I feel that it could have been free.the other places we have stayed at WiFi and computer connections were free. I was really disappointed,.

location was good son went to comic con. beds were good

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

FanX17 attendees who loved our stay
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Allergy Free

The non mobile shower heads! Lol, Hotels need to invest in detachable shower heads, such a mystery to me why they don't.

The staff were totally friendly, accommodating, and generous. The food in the restaurant was delicious and the location for our venue couldn't be beat! Loved the gift shop. Loved the soft sheets!

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

Not worth the price

Our room was overpriced and crappy, they charge you for parking, wifi, breakfast, and water. The whole place is just a ripoff, save your money and stay in the same quality room at another hotel that lets you exist free of charge. Ridiculous

the lobby was pretty.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

Good - but rubbish staff!
    • Executive King Room

Useless reception lady working this morning. I had a problem with my card so they locked me out of the room - and then refused to let me back in to get my wallet and my luggage. Disgusting and actually ruined the entire trip for me. No apology from the snotty girl just disrespectful and doesn't deserve to work in hospitality

Great room - fantastic female manager - blonde hair, very helpful and facilities are ok - Room service is expensive!

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

Bottled water, $1.50!! Ridiculous
    • King room - Non-Smoking - Accessible

Didn't use the restraint I think for the price I had to pay to stay at this hotel, they could have given us the bottled water rather than charging $1.50 per bottle, So I didn't have to go to Walmart to buy my water.

I chose this hotel because of location to what I was doing in SLC, RootsTech The Room was comfortable Good pool & workout area

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

LOVED the fact that the front desk was available to text!

We had a suite and it was right by the ice machine and coke machines. Would have thought the noise barrier would be better with a suite or planning of the location of the machines to not be right out side the door. Also the door where the cleaning staff room was was directly across from the bedroom door. Another noise generator. The kids chicken tenders did not have great quality.

LOVED the fact that the front desk was available to text! What a great perk! Always inquiring how the stay was, what our plans were and how they could help. WAY COOL! Shower was AMAZING! The suite we stayed in had all the room we could imagine. The bed was so comfortable. Multiple climate control worked out great and was able to keep the larger room and bedroom temps separate. Breakfast was great. Coffee was delicious.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

I could not reach the front desk or room service, they never...

I could not reach the front desk or room service, they never answered when I used in room phone. Only answered after I main number after using another phone.

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

Great Stay!

Housekeeping not knocking on the door(s) at 9:00 in the morning. If you have not checked out they should know. They were, however, all very very nice.

Everyone was so friendly. Quiet, clean! I would definitely stay again!

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Great bang for your buck!!!

Perfect downtown location, amazingly comfortable beds and pillows, great breakfast restaurant and steak house on-site, room service menu, reasonable price. Could use bathroom update, but overall I would definitely stay again and recommend!

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Avoid the Salt Lake City downtown Hilton.

I did not like being charged $16 a day for my car to sit in a parking spot of a paid hotel stay. I did not like the blood stains on my sheets on my made bed. I did not like the mold all over the bathroom ceiling. Was this a fake Hilton?

I liked how close it was to downtown where I needed to be for a business convention.

I was impressed with the staff and they were very friendly.

They said we could change our reservation to have a package so we could get free tickets and breakfast included but when we checked in there wasn't;t any available tickets. We would have liked the pool to be just a few degrees warmer.

I was impressed with the staff and they were very friendly.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

Didn't meet expectations

There were not enough towels and the heat did not go past 68 degrees. We had to ask for extra blankets in the middle of the night. Housekeeping woke us up at 8 am trying to get into our room even though check out wasn't until noon. Front desk was unapologetic about heating issue when informed about it.

The bed was very comfortable, and the room was updated and relatively clean.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

Parking fee was rediculous.

Parking fee was rediculous. Me and my spouse had to drive seperatly so we paid a lot in parking. I'm okay paying for 1 at $16 but not 2. There needs to be a discounted amount for multiple vehicles staying in 1 room.

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

Awesome hotel! Few setbacks though...

I paid $92 a night and was sad that it didn't include even a very small breakfast. If it doesn't include a continental breakfast, it should at least include a muffin or fruit. Also, I was blindsided by having to pay for parking....I have never had to pay for parking at a hotel before. Should be included in the advertisement so you know ahead of time.

The bed was AWESOME and so were the pillows. I loved the mirror in the bathroom and how clean and classy everything looked. Nicest hotel pool and hot tub I have ever been to. The staff were kind and informative, and the lobby was BEAUTIFUL and elegant. 5 minute walk from City Creek. The view from my room was the best part!

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

• King Room - Disability Access

Executive lounge spread could've been much better. We had a massive toilet and bath however it flooded every after shower use.

Location. We got upgraded to a massive suite. Front desk Julie was very helpful and hospitable. Painless check in/out.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

Great Customer Care

Our bathroom toilet had not been properly cleaned from the previous guests so that was a little disturbing but like I said the management comped our room when we mentioned it so that was going up and beyond and great customer care.

The Hotel is a beautiful facility. The staff was prompt and friendly. We had our room charge comped because of a bathroom issue so that was generous and unexpected. We would definitely stay again.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

Not what we reserved!
    • King Room - Allergy Free

Wouldn't give us what we reserved, charged us the same amount!

They gave us the wrong room. Wouldn't change rooms. I booked an allergy free king room, got a double queen non allergy free room

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

Staff was so nice.

How much you have to pay for parking. That's rediculous

Staff was so nice. Our sheets were stained when we pulled down the bed. They were so sorry and moved us to a new room and gave us tickets for a free breakfast the next day!

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

All around pretty great stay.

I would have liked it better if you could make the room cooler. 65°F is just to warm for me at night when trying to sleep.

The beds are amazing. Everything was very clean. It was a great location.

Great stay friendly clean nice and great location

That you have to pay $18.00 to park

Great stay friendly clean nice and great location

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

The staff was top notch

The staff was top notch

Met our basic needs but won't stay there again if other options are available.

High charge for early check in, room sevice and parking.

Helpful staff at front entrance. Ability to check in early. Property felt safe and clean.

Great central location

Had to pay for parking even though the room rate is quite expensive.

Great central location

Salt Lake

The air conditioner was not working up to standards.

The staff were wonderful and the food from room service was great.

It was perfect for what I needed

Not Applicable

Good location in for downtown Salt Lake City

Bed was great.

The bath tub has hair in it. The shower was very noisy.

Bed was great. And the location was perfect

Food was awesome