Reviews of Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa 4 stars

1775 East Mission Bay Drive, Mission Bay, San Diego, CA 92109, USA

#161 of 226 hotels in San Diego

Very enjoyable
    • Garden View King Villa Room

When they serviced our room on the first day they left no toilet paper on the dispenser in the bathroom!!! We didnt find the spare rolls under the sink for 2 days!

The pool, the TV in the room, The outside bar w/fireplace..

Comfy and nice but....
    • Garden View Queen Villa Room with Two Queen Beds

The place needs an upgrade it doesn't feel like a Hilton. Our room is comfortable but the carpet is yucky old and dingy feels like there's gum all over as it was sticky to walk on, parking fee is stiff! $40 per night when you already paying a $35 resort fee. Food is ok they need a more family friendly food option and it's very pricey, the Acua restaurant at the hotel have a very basic breakfast buffet and we pay $100 for a family of 4! How much can 10 years old eat? And if you want to eat somewhere else you have to drive out and they are not on the beach they are only on the bay area that is not really for swimming. And the patio needs a major cleaning too lots of spiders every morning when we sit in the patio there are tons of spider web. It's a Hilton hotel but it doesnt feel like a Hilton, just saying...

The staff are friendly specially the staff by the pool they took care of us when we rented a cabana, we like the pool even though it's not that big and it gets crowded during the day, spa is nice and overall we had a great time doing stuff around san Diego.

Ok
    • Garden View King Villa Room

Room needed update, seemed too old. Woken up by loud neighbor.

Nice and relaxing at night. Pool is open til 10 pm. Restaurant was great. Activities available.

Just location and the pool area.
    • Garden View Queen Villa Room with Two Queen Beds

The worst house keeping services I ve ever seen in my life. Hygiene was below zero. Staff was very unfriendly. Nothing was replaced & renewed during room cleanings such as amenities in the bathroom. The room was full of dust and dead insects after the cleaning.

Just location and the pool area.

The property was a bit older but I think it was unique.
    • Garden View Queen Villa Room with Two Queen Beds

The 40 dollar a day parking fee seemed way too much. The building we stayed in was hard to Find and not readily marked.

The property was a bit older but I think it was unique. The pool area was nice, especially at night.

Staff needs to have more customer service skills
    • Traditional King Room

S’more night provided by the resort I was asked if I can share ? I said no, I didn’t like the way the girl working told me ( I have 2 kids & they fight ) I don’t mind sharing, but they way I was asked. I didn’t like. If the resort won’t provide enough s’more items to guest, then why even have a s’more night? I heard her tell other parents and the answer was also no (parent was upset too he had 4 kids) Also, the staff is doing their job , but I am watching my child & was also told that my 18 month old wasn’t allowed in the bigger pool. Did that mean I couldn’t hold her and swim with her? The staff for the most part was nice, besides these two incidents that I didn’t appreciate. For being a nice resort I was able to hear room next door flush the toilet which woke me up in the middle of the night. Rooms need to also be updated. The beach sand wasn’t clean at all (wear sandals/shoes)

Love the kids pool, love that the resort has daily activities & the cleanliness of the resort. Also, the beach “mission bay “ is just steps from the resort. You can rent bikes, jet skis, and more water activities just steps away. Also, loved that they have servers at the pool area.

Bad attitude
    • Bay View Traditional Tower Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The staff charged my credit card for additional charges and then gave me a bad attitude, and then offered me nothing for there mix up. I asked for a late check out and was given a attitude, front desk attitude sucks. So for the price I paid and to be treated this way, never stay with this place again.

It was on the bay and the view from my room was nice.

Outrageous car parking charges at $40 per night.
    • Garden View King Villa Room with Roll-In Shower - Hearing Accessible

Outrageous car parking charges at $40 per night. The complex is situated in an isolated position with no shops, restaurants or other facilities within walking distance. Visitors here need a car and the hotel knows it. Therefore it can charge what it likes for parking. Parking in San Diego is expensive but this is just a little over the top. Many short term guests park out on the road but this is sometimes not possible. I would not stay here again.

The wifi was good. Room was big. Bed was comfortable. Close to the beach and the long walking promenade. Close proximity to the airport. Nice spar with expensive treatments. (Beware, hotel policy is to slap on 'gratuities' without asking. So. $155 facial treatment becomes $185 by magic....)

I would recommend this hotel as long as you don’t get a corner room with neighbors that can peep.
    • Bay View Traditional Tower Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Privacy of our room and privacy of our balcony. Our neighbors could see into our room and vice versa. Had to draw the curtains to block their view of our room. Not what you want to do when you are in Southern California. We paid a lot of $ but received no privacy.

Friendly service. Great location. Good amenities. We had a late flight but were able to stay at the pool after checkout.

Good but not the best
    • Bay View Traditional Tower King Room

EXTREMELY thin walls... I could hear the elevator from our room run every singles night and the people next to us came back around 2am were up talking and smoking in their room until 4am and I could literally hear every word. Very bummed. Also, tons of hidden fees and taxes. $40 parking per day .... adds up.

Clean, comfortable bedding , great views, awesome pool. Nice to have a gift shop near the lobby. Excellent bay view and great to walk to the beachy area and rent jet skis, bikes, and boats. We still drove to Mission beach but this was nice too..

The concierge Gordy was fabulous!
    • Waterfront Queen Villa Room with Two Queen Beds

When we checked in they did not have the room I specifically booked. I booked a room witb 2 Queen beds and they gave us a king with a rollaway bed. However the next day they moved us to a beautiful room on the first level with a beach Waterfront access

The concierge Gordy was fabulous! The hotel location and accommodations were excellent

Romantic, pleasant, comfortable
    • Traditional King Room

Food at breakfast buffet was mediocre and overpriced. Pool was cold. Rooms could use some updating for the price, as well as the food very bland.

Loved the property and staff. Mimi the barista made delicious drinks with excellent customer service. They did accommodate my early arrival.

The location is great, the pool area is very nice!
    • Garden View Queen Villa Room with Two Queen Beds

Unfortunately, the room that we had was very dated and musty smelling. Had water damage around the toilet area. Not sure if we were put in an older section or not.

The location is great, the pool area is very nice! Staff is very friendly, lobby area is very nice

Expensive for what it is.
    • Traditional King Room

Expensive!! The restaurant only served a set menu on Easter sunday that was expensive esp with kids and the only small coffee shop (as an alternative) closed early and the queue was for 45mins to get a coffee. Extra charges US30 per day for ''resort charges'' whatever that means...if it is the lcoation, forget it it is not worth it....a tidal bay which you wouldn't want to swim in and the pool was good for kids but nothing special. Housekeeping arrived at 4:45PM to clean the room, right when you arrive back with children to rest after a day out.

Super helpful staff who upgraded us as our rooms was rather grim and dark.......and one cannot tell online that one block of rooms backs onto a carpark (all do) plus the motorway.

Great for kids - loved the pool and beach access.
    • Bay View Queen Villa Room with Two Queen Beds

The pool area was really the highlight of our stay complete with: hot tubs, big pool, little kids' pool, giant checkers, giant chess, bean-bag toss, ping pong table, volleyball net and bolo toss. The service at the hotel, pool, and restaurant was amazing! Our room was nice too - LOVED the pillows.

Lovely location, a little on the pricey side, but well worth it.
    • Traditional Queen Room

If you stay there, ask not to stay in building 100 as there was very little privacy with people walking back and forth on the sidewalk, and all you get is a view of the parking lot. Also, you pay a resort tax, a city occupancy tax, and other taxes that are NOT included in the rate you get online. We were charged an extra $560 at the end of our stay.

The hotel and the proximity to attractions and Mission Bay were great. The food at Acqua was delicious and the staff were lovely and treated us great.

First room we had an awful smell, but they were able to give...
    • Traditional Queen Room

First room we had an awful smell, but they were able to give us another room. Disappointed on the location on Mission Bay -- view of bay was not very appealing. Daily charge for parking car seemed excessive.

Not visiting this hotel again
    • Bay View Traditional Tower Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Room was too cold the first night we got there, they didn’t do anything until the next morning which was already too late because I got sick. The resort was not like the pictures ! Not as clean and totally not worth the money

Nice hotel to try out once. Didn't not met my expectations for a Hilton Resort.
    • Garden View Queen Villa Room with Two Queen Beds

The room was quite dusty. The staff didn't really care about my opinion. When I went the resort was pretty empty. Waited forever but no valet guy come even when they offer the service for $40 per night.

It's a nice looking resort. The garden rooms are very peaceful and open up to a quiet garden overlooking the beach. They have some great water and boat activities. Nice pool and a couple of jacuzzis

Looks nothing like the photos
    • Traditional King Room

The first room we were placed in was surrounded by parking lot on three sides and smelled like body odor. My husband told the front desk employee, who was super kind and moved us to a better room. While the view, location, and smell inside the room was better, the experience was still ... off. It took three hours for the tub to drain, which was disgusting. The balcony and hallway smelled like it had been recently painted and not aired out. The fumes were intense. The balcony still had painting tape on it while other parts had yet to be updated. The staff was nice but then overcharged us for the resort fee and parking and still haven't refunded us for the extra charges.

The staff was nice and moved us to a better room, but then they overcharged us for the resort fee and parking.

Room was a bit small and not a great lay out.
    • Traditional Queen Room

Room was a bit small and not a great lay out. Bathroom was very small and didn't feel luxurious. Overall rooms didn't feel like a resort but more like a standard, dated hotel - no color or style.

We will go back to Hilton because of the staff there.
    • Waterfront King Studio Room with Firepit

There's nothing that they could have improved upon.

The absolute best part of this stay was the staff at the restaurant. Off the charts on service. Wow is all I can say! The food was very good, but the staff made us come back on some days all 3 meals in one day.

Not worth the money!
    • Bay View Traditional Tower King Room

First thing, the room was just not very clean. There was a bunch of dust and felt gross for a Hilton. Second, the drain in our room was clogged so we had to shower ankle deep in our own dirt which just added to the gross feeling in the room. Thirdly, the alarm clock in the room had been set by previous guests because at 6am the alarm kept going off, it went off every hour until eventually it got unplugged from the wall. We barely slept and then the next morning, the maid service was talking so loudly in front of our room gossiping, it was very disrupting and eventually we gave in and got up. Lastly, we were not given the right room to begin with and when we called the front desk they offered to give us a discount off (which was really the $40 parking). However, when we went to check out nobody knew what we were talking about and had to argue with the lady until it was removed. Not a great stay, its dirty and just not what I was expecting. Spend your money somewhere else!

The location was nice.

Did not get no sleep after a long drive to get there. Went top have rest and relaxation.
    • Traditional Queen Room

My shower was not clean. The noise all night coming from above. Call front desk and still the banging and noise continued.

I liked that they had everything close and available there.

Just wonderful and so relaxing
    • Waterfront Queen Villa Room with Two Queen Beds

We loved the view from our room of the bay !!! Also resort is super quiet and relaxing... just the antidote to a busy holiday season. The Accqua restaurant on site is excellent with chef prepared offerings and wonderful service. We also appreciated early check in as Hilton Honors members.

Overall my stay was great! Beautiful Resort!
    • Traditional Queen Room

Upon check-in and check out, I found that both of the front desk ladies were not as friendly as the other staff. That's too bad because that's the first and last person / interaction at the facility.

The resort was beautiful. Restaurant and Lounge staff were very kind, respectful and professional.

great location, great amenities, comfortable bed.
    • Garden View King Suite Room

the extra charges almost double your room rate and they do not tell you about the 38$/night parking and 32$/night resort fee when you check in. Free WiFi only in your room. if you want WiFi by the pool it's also going to cost you. also the bathtub looked like it was many decades old: rust, paint chips that had been poorly painted over.

the grounds were beautiful! the swimming pool and area were amazing!!

Can't beat the location.
    • Waterfront Queen Villa Room with Two Queen Beds

Daily parking fee is a bummer but to be expected I guess. Should be included in hotel price.

Can't beat the location. Next to a park, trails to walk, nice view, across from Sea World, on site restaurant was great and kid friendly. Will definitely be back.

I would come back here anytime
    • Garden View Queen Villa Room with Two Queen Beds

I requested a two hour extension to our check out and was only given one. The hotel did not seem to be particularly busy so it seemed rigid to not accommodate.

Excellent location right on Mission Bay. Beautifully landscaped property.

Enjoyed it thoroughly.
    • Garden View Queen Studio Room with Two Queen Beds with Firepit

We booked a 'firepit" room. We had no idea we had to supply our own firewood, kindling, flame. We assumed it was a gas firepit, so we did not end up using it which just incurred an extra cost for booking a room that had a firepit. Perhaps some of those details could be included with the booking of a firepit room.

Very spacious room! Extra cot was brought into the room promptly when asked! restaurant on property was good. Location to walking trails was excellent! Pool amenities were great! Spa services excellt!

Accessibility to the beach, playground for the kids, the...
    • Traditional King Room

The ice machine on the 6th floor didn't work and they held a deposit on my card for a week after the rental

Accessibility to the beach, playground for the kids, the pool area bar were all excellent.

• Garden View Queen Villa Room with Two Queen Beds

The place was old, run down and the air con stunk out the room. There was a power socket hanging out of the wall which is dangerous given we had our 4yr old twins with us.

Great little vacation getaway spot for kids!
    • Traditional Queen Room

Room was very dark, over looked parking lot and freeway. Some of the female staff at the resturaunt were very rude when ordering food to go.

Pool is awesome, great for kids, location is great right on the Bay. The housekeepers were wonderful.

The property is beautiful and relaxing. Staff friendly and helpful.
    • Traditional Queen Room

There is no restaurant for casual dining and no place to get breakfast. Parking is an issue there is onsite parking but the charge is $38 per night and on more than one occasion the parking near our room was full,

Room was great pillow and mattress very comfortable. All staff were welcoming, friendly and efficient. everything we needed was available. The hotel was very busy but our room was quiet when we needed to rest.

Not coming back
    • Garden View King Villa Room

The pool was absolutely awful- so crowded not even a place to sit. I found out later they sell day use passes to the pool. We had dinner at the restaurant and they added on a gratuity only it wasn't called a gratuity I think it was called service so we left a tip only later we figured out that service was gratuity. Hope that waitress appreciated the $100 tip

We were very unhappy, rooms old and somewhat ill repair, NOT beach/oceanfront, beware of added fees.
    • Bay View Traditional Tower Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I was treated very rudely trying to set up a shuttle service from airport, their website states they have a shuttle service, I was then bounced around from person to person until somebody finally picked up on the radio it sounded like and I could partially make out what he was saying I eventually gleamed that there is no shuttle service that you have to pay for a car service that contracts with them, about 15 to 20 minutes of my wasted time if somebody upfront when you told me we do not have a shuttle service and our website is wrong and it's information, I then called back to complain about the fact and the gentleman that answered the phone was very rude to me. Another issue was we thought this was beachfront, you know the beach for you have waves rolling in Houston about your front door walk for a few seconds and you're actually on an active beach, but the where it is not it's like a little lagoon or something that is kind of pretty but really not so much. Another item is you have to pay $30 per night added to your hotel fee because they say this is a resort and you're paying for the tennis courts the swimming pool etc. etc., I would not of stayed there if I would've known that because we don't use the tennis courts, we were told about that and I guess I didn't read the fine print until we checked in and then we were told that oh by the way you also have a $30 daily fee because this is a resort, since we were already here what do you do???

Most of the staff were friendly and helpful.

Regretful that we spent our careful planning and MONTH+ prior booking on this hotel.
    • Waterfront King Studio Room

The room description was downright fraudulent. It described a first floor room with no risk of that potentially not being available. When we arrived, no one was out front to meet us. When we went into the restraunt to wait 3 hours for our room to be ready at precisely check in time no one was there. We stood around for five minutes trying to flag staff. When we asked for a late checkout we received 30 minutes leading me to wonder what is it the staff does between 11:30am and 4:00pm to get the room ready because our bathtub had bugs, the cold water in the bathroom doesn't work only the hot. Extremely disappointed in the Hilton.

Loved it! Would recommend for family reunion, or another family vacation.
    • Bay View Queen Villa Room with Two Queen Beds

Would have liked much more storage in the bathroom. It was extremely tight for 4 people in such a large bathroom. Also needs more space to hang wet towels, as we had brought beach towels from home.

The rooms were comfortable and quiet. We had a view of the beach/water from our 2nd Floor Balcony Room with 2 Queen Beds. Loved sitting outside in the morning with my coffee. Beds were comfortable, entire Hotel site was clean. LOVED the pool and all the lounge chairs surrounding. Plenty of room! My kids enjoyed several days playing in the pool, one night of a movie poolside, and we all enjoyed the family games areas on the other side of the pool, and ordering lunch or drinks from the wait staff who come around and ask if you'd like anything. We chose this spot for our family vacation and were not disappointed! Also, the pool provides it's own towels, so you don't need to bring any from home. But we did since we also did a beach day in La Jolla. The beach access is not private, there is a public pathway that runs the length of the beach. But access to the beach and the boat rental dock was super easy to find. Also...kudo's for S'mores on the beach! We loved it!!

Terrific property and staff, great location.
    • Traditional King Room

Prices of food and clothing in the gift shop was high, which the room came with complimentary breakfast.

The staff was very friendly and helpful, the coffee in the room was actually tasty (most aren't), the gift shop was nice ans large with a good variety, the restaurant food and staff was exceptional, lots of options for water sports right behind the pool, great pool and staff, and the operator was great!

Very nice hotel a bit out of town but only a 10 Min by cab.
    • Bay View Traditional Tower Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

$30 daily charge to cover wifi, pool facilities etc. THis is in the small print on Booking .com and needs to be either added into the cost or shown a lot clearer.

Good facilities

Hotel location is great, but it's an expensive place to stay!
    • Bay View King Studio Room

Room service has great food, but as I stated before, to many extra fees, ordered a $10.00 desert, came to $23.00..ridiculous, rooms need a little more upgrading, but area is beautiful! unfortunately the weather put a damper on our plans to go to the beach.

Food was good, very expensive with all the taxes and extras, Aqua restaurant was nice, need more food for the money, waiters were very nice and professional, rooms with view of the bay were very nice!

Service was great
    • Garden View Queen Villa Room with Two Queen Beds

food was so expensive room smelled funny non carpet floors expensive parking fee

Service was great Bkfast Buffet was nice property and pool was nice water and bike rentals

After checking in found hair in bathtub, clogged sink and...
    • Traditional Queen Room

After checking in found hair in bathtub, clogged sink and empty beer cans on balcony. Not what you expect for $350/night. After complaining was upgraded to a lovely room which was very clean.

Would go back for the pool!
    • Garden View King Villa Room

The room was spacious, but could use some updating. The hallways to the room were also dated and not luxurious like the remainder of the hotel.

The pool was amazing and definitely the highlight of the trip.

Over priced with Good location and average services

Over priced and low quality of Internet connectivity although clearly included as part of the resort cost.

Excellent location and accessibility to the beach. Relaxing environment and friendless of the staff.

Your hotel has much more potential.
    • Traditional Queen Room

The front desk staff overall were not what one would expect at this caliber of a resort. The front desk lady, Thaila was awful. She was nearly unapproachable. Her facial expressions, body language, and verbal cues were negative. Our room wasn't ready until 5:30pm. We patiently waited. We asked if we could enjoy the pool while waiting. She scolded my husband for asking. Inappropriate. No compensation nor was there "I apologize that your room wasn't ready". Some people save for a year or years to take a vacation. Please, be kind/courteous. Also, I had one beverage the whole stay (other than water). The bar staff looked as if they wished their shift was over. We requested rooms near the pool when we booked in March. This was not a concern that it wasn't met, although it wasn't stated to be unavailable.

The chef was professional, engaging, and friendly. The pool area was beautiful. The resort location was great. The coffee was great. The staff working in the coffee area were so sweet. The greeter near the towels was friendly. The gift shop had a nice variety. The rooms were very clean. Parking was good.

Refreshing San Diego Getaway
    • Garden View Queen Villa Room with Two Queen Beds

To be expected, the pool was really crowded.

We really liked the action sport rentals. The proximity and ease with which to rent kayaks, bikes and other fun things made the stay. Great location to view fireworks at Sea World without being at Sea World.

Great place but fee for parking ridiculous.
    • Traditional King Room

Ridiculous fee for parking. Pay several hundred dollars for room & add $38 to park for one night. Lucky we all came in one car.

Nice front desk staff.

Great location but tired,aged hotel,not commiserate to the price.
    • Garden View King Villa Room

The property is showing its age and needs renovations the price didn't equate to the the facilities.the place needs a face lift.

Great location and staff .

Just...ok.
    • Garden View Queen Villa Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

Although the room was nice and updated, the old musky smell hits you hits the face every time you enter the room. The tub and tile could use a regrouting and resurfacing as well. For the price of the room, I was expecting better, I've stayed in cheaper hotels that tubs were in better shape and smelled better. Lastly the food was way too expensive, I bought three burgers with fries, one sprite and three bowls of ice cream (2 scoops each)...it cost me $71.00....that's crazy and there was nothing special about the food. Even though I didn't pay to park, I think it's ridiculous to be a paying guest and have to pay $38 on top of a $30 a daily resort fee to park your car.

The location was just minutes from everything we wanted to do. The property was nice and there were plenty of activities to keep the kids entertained.The staff was nice and courteous.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Go to the Hyatt
    • Traditional Queen Room

Service was aweful and not fit for family resort. Pool service was cancelled early and accommodations were not worth the prices they charge. Cancellation terms are misleading.

Overpriced average room - uninviting environment overall.
    • Garden View Queen Villa Room with Two Queen Beds

Hotel was nothing like advertised online. It was an average room but priced and advertised as a resort. The carpet was wet the first day of our stay! No elevator, so we had to bring our heavy luggage up a flight of stairs and not the cleanest site. The water views the hotel advertises was not the ocean but a stark and uninviting inlet on a public walking park.

The pool was nice as was the restaurant.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Won't go back...
    • Garden View Queen Villa Room with Two Queen Beds

There wasn't any shuttle service available except to Sea World. When we inquired about that it was already full. We had to Uber everywhere. The restaurant service was horrible. We ate there once and never went back.

The concierge was wonderful.

Ehhhh...
    • Garden View King Villa Room

For how expensive the rates were, I was definitely expecting the rooms to be a little more modern. Also, we got placed next to a mechanical room, which was very noisy. The room service prices were outrageous as well. I didn't feel I got my money's worth on this stay.

Beautiful pool and hot tub area

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

The concierge was awesome and really helped us find place to...
    • Traditional King Room

Got charged additional charges on my credit card when I was charged at time of booking. Still need to find out what the charges were for as nothing was explained and I thought my credit card was for incidentals.

The concierge was awesome and really helped us find place to go and things to do.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Holiday
    • Traditional Queen Room

lack of shuttle service, we stayed at the Hilton in carlsbay 1st and were spoiled by the shuttle.

there was a problem with the 1st room and management had us moved to a better room and lunch.

Great place!
    • Traditional Queen Room

I thought the dining experience fell a bit short of expectations. The food was descent enough (nothing spectacular), however the service took way too long. We waited ages to be seated and to receive our meals. I left hungry twice. One night I ordered swordfish that came with rissotto and it arrived with no vegetables. The portion was tiny. The server said he would bring me some veggies but they arrived 20+ minutes later. I'm a small lady... a size 2. To get full I would have had to order a starter, salad and a main. And that would be pricey.

The pool was lovely and so was the beach. We loved the central location. I liked that there were activities for the kids . The staff were super friendly.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

This was a staycation for us. We were having renovations done at our home locally.
    • Traditional Queen Room

WiFi did not work in my room for 4 days. Took a long time to log on, once on the speed was so slow. Our parking key card didn't work the majority of our stay.

Great amenities. Because of the poor WiFi in the room & parking key card problem, the hotel waived our daily parking fee of $38. That was a retribution and we appreciate it.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

Older property but still nice
    • Bay View Queen Villa Room with Two Queen Beds

older property so needs some remodeling. lighting in the room was very dim. i think that would be difficult for older people. bathroom sink was slow to drain. secondary light blinked several times before turning on.. outdated light fixture. would have liked to order room service but when i saw $10 delivery fee I changed my mind!! That should be included in room rates.

overall property location/layout is nice. tropical landscape/gardens were nice.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

The pool was nice and warm.
    • Traditional Queen Room

For the money we paid, this hotel is rather dated and basic. The room was basic, would have liked one big bed, rather than 2 normal (picky I know!), no light anywhere near the tea making facilities, had to improvise with mobile phone torch lodged in cupboard, wobbly cistern on toilet, only steps up to 2nd floor room with no offer of help with 2 big suitcase, ignored for ages at bar by fairly arrogant bar man who was clearly not interested, very expensive drinks even in 'happy hour', 3.5% added on top of bar bill for minimum wages increases?? At $170 offer per room, which turned out to be $334.64 including $28.41 for total of 4 basic beers, $38 for 1 night parking and various resort charges, city occupance charge, ctma assessment?, tmd assessment?, overall very expensive nights stay, 15 mins drive out away from San Diego centre, in the middle of what is lovely countryside, but absolutely nothing there and you are in what is really a basic conference hotel! Not happy, shame it was our last hotel in USA as slightly dampened our otherwise fantastic first trip to the west side of america!

The pool was nice and warm.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

Great hotel high extra fees
    • Garden View King Studio Room with Firepit

The extra hotel fees where really high! A roll away cot was quoted as $25 but was not mentioned that was per night. Parking $38. We had a great fire pit but no wood and they charged $4 to start the fire! Because of extra hidden fees we will not return.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

Unimpressive dated facility
    • Garden View Queen Villa Room with Two Queen Beds

Rooms were cold at night and the HVAC was directly over the bed making it very uncomfortable to use. Extra charges like parking is extortionate.

Could buy tickets for sea world at the hotel.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

Disappointed
    • Garden View King Villa Room

Staff was way friendlier to other customers where giving out information. When it was my turn checked me in and felt like ok just move along. When he just spent extra minutes with the people before me. I thought by pictures there was so much to do there at the hotel and I would of rather stayed at a Holiday Inn I wouldn't go back

That the pool was heated

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Great deal, location, very nice room and services. $38.00/nite pkng puts a big dent in the deal.
    • Garden View Queen Villa Room with Two Queen Beds

The $38 nightly parking fee is obnoxious. There was a glitch in the housekeeping schedule, including taking a couple of days for them to sweep up palm tree seeds on the patio that tracked into the room, tho' it did get worked out. The exit/entry doors on either end of the hallway slammed loudly, which was very disturbing at certain times of the day. They need to be adjusted to close quietly. The vending machine outside of our wing did not work (I was in room 120.) The room had an office table and chair that weren't comfortable, took up lots of space, and were really out of place for a resort setting. There was no other seating besides on the bed. I noticed that some rooms had nice easy chairs, but this room didn't.

The garden/bay view and landscaping were beautiful, with some really nice birdwatching at times. Great place for breakfast, and to watch the sunset. With the exception of loudly slamming external doors, the room was blissfully quiet! The location was great, and the staff was very helpful, especially Arcelio at the front desk, and Ray of room service. The overall atmosphere was lovely. Can't beat the location; central proximity to the city, very close to the airport. Also adjacent to Mission Bay park with nice walking paths, and swimming in warmer weather. Kid and pet-friendly. Food at the restaurant and bar was delicious and reasonably priced, very knowledgeable waiter. Aside from one glitch, housekeeping was fine.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

Heated pool is very nice.
    • Garden View Queen Villa Room with Two Queen Beds

Facility is dated. Desk is not clean. Broken AC, bathroom lightbulb went out during the stay.

Heated pool is very nice. Nice staff, quick response to fix room issues.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Bad room, ripoff hidden fees
    • Garden View Queen Villa Room with Two Queen Beds

When we checked in I was informed I had a $30 dollar plus parking fee as well as a resort charge (total extra $68). We got to our room after driving 6 hours to get there now 1130 pm SD time. We opened the door and were almost knocked back by the smell of chemicals (either paint or glue). We immediately called down and complained 30 minutes later we had a security guy come to the room with another key. He led us to room 207 which smelled old and musty. My wife was beat tired and I wanted try another room but lost out to exhaustion. I had to be up in 6 hours to teach a class Sunday morning. After both taking pain medication from the headache caused by fumes in the room we went to sleep. Bed was comfortable as were the pillows. The Security guy commented he could smell the chemical smell from outside the room and around the corner. For 12 hours use I was very disaapointed in the hidden costs, as well as then quality of the two rooms we saw. Unless this rectified I would never stay here again. I travel to CA 2 times a month on business and this was the worst hotel experience I have had in awhile. If I was paying $69 at a motel 6 Inget what I pay for, but with a brand name hotel like Hilton, saying I was disapointed and felt ripped off is an understatement.

Bed was good, drapes blocked light

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

The room was simple.
    • Garden View King Villa Room with Roll-In Shower - Hearing Accessible

No water pressure. Lack of communication. Very poor in standards.

The room was simple. Bed was comfortable. Bathroom was also pleasant. When there was water.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

The management & staff went above & beyond to make our stay very pleasurable!
    • Garden View Queen Villa Room with Two Queen Beds

The restaurant manager came to our table & had a very nice conversation with us & made sure we were very happy! Everyone from housekeeping, our server, server assistant, hostess & manager in the restaurant, to the cocktail servers in the lounge & the gift shop girls as well, were very, very helpful & friendly & made our stay extra special.

• Reviewed: 23 November 2016

Beautiful first experience but next time I will stay somewhere else.
    • Traditional King Room

bed was uncomfortable, I killed three spiders in the room two on the bed. Good thing the bedding was white. I thought the room service was pretentious. $17 for a burger w/cheese and fries, $4 for a can sprite and $10 to deliver it + taxes bringing in a total of $37. Just because you charge more does not make it worth more. No shuttle to or from train or airport.

The location was beautiful

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

Not worth the money.
    • Garden View King Villa Room

Power went out, room had mildew, paint cracked and smelled like mold. Loading trucks next to room and loud in the AM. For the amount I spent here was a disappointment. Not at all a resort atmosphere.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

Great place for a baby moon!
    • Garden View King Villa Room with Roll-In Shower - Hearing Accessible

Walls were thinner than you realized. If a neighbor was up late or noisy, we heard it.

Room always cleaned quickly, it was relatively quiet, not too crowded. We went for our baby moon. The staff was amazing on check-in, got us in right away, and waived our parking fees for our stay!!! We had massages at the spa, very relaxing, albeit a bit pricey

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

Tolerable.
    • Waterfront Queen Villa Room with Two Queen Beds

Hotel restaurant severely overpriced for caliber of hotel property, shower clogged up and didn't drain all days there, refurbishment of old facilities obvious and doesn't give impression of a new and clean facility.

View of the bay, friendliness of front desk staff.

• Reviewed: 14 September 2016

Hoping for a Relaxing Getaway, Felt More Like Camping due to Outage!
    • Bay View Traditional Tower King Room

There could have been better food options on site since there is nothing within walking distance. There was a power outage on Friday from 4pm-1am the next day, it would have been nice to have something to do, a bonfire on the beach or something, staff seemed frazzled and unprepared and we were not well compensated for the inconvenience; especially given the cost of staying there!

Rooms were clean, bed was comfortable. Pool area was nice and servers out there were attentive!

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

Nice but will look elsewhere next time ...
    • Garden View Queen Villa Room with Two Queen Beds

Power was out one entire evening of our stay - into the next morning. Staff provided no compensation at this luxury/spa hotel for the inconvenience. Parking cost - excessive. Overall, not worth the cost.

Rooms were nice, clean. Pool was nice.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

The Staff was very professional, reliable and care-taking.
    • Garden View King Villa Room

The Staff was very professional, reliable and care-taking. Just consider using more ubers than their shuttle regarding their schedule during non-seasonal periods. Otherwise, awesome!