Reviews of Hilton San Francisco Financial District 4 stars

750 Kearny Street, Financial District, San Francisco, CA 94108, USA

#117 of 230 hotels in San Francisco

5.3

• Deluxe King Room with Bay View

Possibly the worst wi-fi service I’ve ever seen. I expected better from a place that charges nearly $200/per night. Also, we had a terrific view from our room, but the windows were so dirty it was hard to see it.

Good location. Clean.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The wifi was extremely slow to the point that it might as well not exist. The hotel room was super outdated. The parking lot looked like an abandoned bunker that has been through an apocalypse, yet the hotel had the odasity to ask $55 for parking.

Nothing about this hotel was acceptable for a four star

• Deluxe King Room with Bay View

Poor breakfast buffet, hotel is a bit old and out-of-date. Noisy lobby.

Great location. View from the room (19th floor) even though the window was not clean at all. Good room cleaning services and shuttle bus service to the airport.

Refer to above.

Very little was satisfactory. 3 adults + 1 baby checked in ...3 towels provided each day eventhough advised 4 towels needed. Requested kettle...broken. Requested fridge...froze all baby food & milk. Ice machine broken. Requested confirmation of airport transfer at reception...told concierge not open.

• Premium Double Room with Two Double Beds

I stayed in room 2124 and the only thing that I would advise is trying to stay on a different side of the hotel if you're a light sleeper because I could hear the oriental music from China town and I woke up to a bunch of screaming kids because on the roof of one of the buildings next to the Hilton is a basketball court and there were a lot of kids running back and forth cheering and screaming as they played. However these noises weren't all day, so otherwise it was very quiet.

Bed is amazing. Room service wings and calamari are delish, portions are huge so I wouldn't advise ordering too much food.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds and Bay View

The window is sooooooo dirty, and it ruined the view. The hotel is quite old, so the facilities are kinda out-of-date.

They gave me a room with good bay view

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Windows were dirty as everyone else has commented on. Staff are highly efficient. Room we were in was a little tired but comfortable enough. Overall a good experience

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds and Bay View

The windows could probably use some cleaning from the outside so the view to the bay would of been clear but no big deal.

During Check in I ran into some problems with my ability of payment but the front desk clerk was ever so helpful made the experience stress less we were able to come to an agreement of payment that her supervisor approved I payed and the whole experience was amazing.

• Premium Double Room with Two Double Beds

Front desk staff are not very welcoming or accommodating, and paying $10/day for wifi is ridiculous - but if you’re going to then why not just include it in the room price??

Valet staff were very friendly. Room was comfortable with great view. Appreciated blackout curtains.

• Queen Room with Bay View

I had no bad experience during my stay.

Check in easy and friendly although I arrived early the hotel stored my luggage until a room was available. The accommodations on the 11th floor were clean and suitable.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds and Bay View

Super nice view from upper floors, but difficult to enjoy because the windows were so dirty.

Perfect location, many restaurants in easy walking distance.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The full size beds, they are terribly small for a family. The lobby was awesome to walk in however, the rooms didnt equate to the luxury.

The proximity to everything was amazing.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

you need a hotel key to access the restroom in the lobby. better keep your hotel room with you.

clean and confortable bed. location near asian restaurant. Staff are helpful and efficient.

Parking $$

Comfortable beds. Unique neighbourhood. Great views from room! Big bus hop on hop off stops right outside the hotel - very convenient for tourists!

• Premium Double Room with Two Double Beds and Bay View

Parking service was excellent, however it was a little pricey. Seemed a little mean to charge $3 for a small bottle of water in a premium room.

Hotel was excellent, the staff were friendly, helpful and efficient. We had a room on 20th floor with Bay view, which was large and well equipped. Hotel ran like a well oiled machine, which meant we could relax and enjoy the city.

• Premium King Room with Bay View

We got a noise complaint 10.30 on a Friday night. . . For laughing, no music, no party, nothing!! just me and my husband, laughing and giggling, 1030 on FRIDAY!! . It would have been okay if it was a regular “please keep it down” but the security guard was very rude about it. And proceeded to tell us “next time we had to leave” I feel like if someone is laughing and people can hear it thro the walls then maybe you need better sound proofing!!

I loved the area. Everything was a short ride away. Great view, comfortable beds. Friendly staff, Would recommend.

• Deluxe King Room with Bay View

Breakfast Buffet $29, which is fine when it is worth it. But buffet is definitely not up to 4 star standard and nowhere near worth the price of 29$. I recommend you skip it and eat at a location outside for breakfast.

Great facilities. Located in the center of San Francisco. Walking distance to Financial District, Chinatown and other touristic locations. Excellent valet parking service. Extra comfy bed.

No closing door on bathroom. No fan in bathroom. States financial district, but seemed like chinatown. No parking included. Felt alienated not being there on business.

Staff was great! Room was tidy and spacious. Food was delicious.

• Deluxe King Room with Bay View

I wasn't aware of the extra for parking if you bring your own vehicle. 55 dollars extra to be exact. PER night.

Located in China town. Lots of food and drinks within walking distance. The room was a bit small but very comfortable.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds and Bay View

The pillows are horrible. Might consider bringing my own next time I stay. Our tv wasn’t working well either, but the engineer arrived so promptly to fix it that it was hardly an issue.

I really couldn’t have imagined the view from my room. So amazing. The hotel is also so close to everything we wanted to do while we were here that nothing was much more than a 20 minute walk or a 7 minute Lyft away.

Hotel was located in the middle of everything which made travel easy. Rooms were clean, very great view of the city. Very friendly staff before and after check out.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

When I checked in the member of staff didnt tell me anything he just charged my card and gave me my key. I had to go back down in the morning to clarify the charges, ask about the gym and facilities

Location was good, 20 minute walk down to the water where the fatmer’s markets take place, fine if the weather’s right. Very clean too! Can’t fault them on that. Room service was quick and we got a really good deal on rates.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Booking.com said I would only pay $190 I ended up paying $253. $55 for less than 1 hour parking?! Ridiculous! I'm suppose to get a refund of $55 back but we will see.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Booking.com said the Hilton would provide an extra bed upon request. I requested it at time of booking. When I arrived I was told city fire restrictions prohibited rollaways. BAD communication.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was way to small for our family—full sized beds instead of queens.

The hotel is ideally located. We were able to walk to many restaurants and to the ferry pier. We love dim sum and Chinese food, and this place is within walking distance to China town.

• Queen Room with Bay View

Elevator and accessing floors is limited. Exterior windows were very dirty. View was compromised due to dirty windows. Parking fee was ridiculous. I feel guests should not have such steep fees if any. Shower in 2301 is not working accurately. Room service food was outside of the room across from me from the time I arrived to check out. Strawberries that are out in the hall for 24 hours does not smell pleasant. Not satisfied with the cost vs experience.

Front desk staff were friendly. I believe Ivan? was the gentleman’s name that was friendly courteous and great customer service.

• Deluxe King Room with Bay View

The tv channels werent clear and there wasnt many outlets for us to use.

The staff was extremely nice and helpful. The parking was convienent . The rooms were extremely homely.

• Premium Double Room with Two Double Beds

I understand this is the Hilton, but pricing breakfast at 50USD just feels a bit too much, specially with so many options literally around the corner.

Good quality for value, I got a deal of roughly 200 USD per night. The location is really good, at the heart of SF, perfect for either business of pleasure.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The walls seemed under insulated. I was able to easily hear the other hotel guests on both sides of my room.

Great location, great value, and overall a great place to stay

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Stayed in a twin room. Two double beds. There were three of us and room advertised to accommodate four. The beds are small and uncomfortable to sleep two adults.

Location was excellent, staff friendly.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds and Bay View

The concierge was not friendly. Didn’t greet us didn’t make small talk. The restaurant waitress was slow and inattentive. For the amount of money spent on my solo meal, I was expecting a much better experience.

The house keeping crew was very friendly.

• Premium King Room with Bay View

Poor service by mostly invisible and / or indifferent staff. Incredibly dirty windows on 22nd floor "Premium King Room - # 2203" obstructing "Bay Views". Poor service by mostly invisible and / or careless staff. Price not at all in line with quality / service offered by property.

Location location location....

The staff was rude to my partner and I, and wouldnt answer our questions about the facilities or the area; and not being aware I had to pay $55 for parking until checkout AFTER asking upon checking in was infuriating.

The location was great and the room was too. Our bed was super comfortable. It’s within walking distance to awesome restaurants and cool bars

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bedding was skimpy but tolerable. Bed comfortable but pillows not great. No fridge. Old fashioned bathroom. Phone to lobby only worked on speaker. VERY WEAK internet. SLOW or non-existent. Bedside lights too bright--should have had desk light adjustable beside the bed. Door to bathroom was too heavy and opened toward the hall door. Parking was $60.

Bed comfortable. Room was pretty. Desk and plugs were good. Desk light good

Small Bedroom, small Bad, Small Bathroom, the door of the Bath don’t close, uncomfortably bed! And very expansive for one night!! The Real rating for this bedroom is 2 Star!!

The room we got was smaller than the picture we saw online. The windows to look outside were super dirty & the tv didn’t have the best reception.

The bed was comfy.

• Queen Room with Bay View

The first night when I just checked in , the Receptionist , a guy I don't know the name gave me a room that not as same as I booked and trying to charge me more .

The bed is comfortable and the view is very nice . The most important thing is Miss.Tamela Taylor fixed my problem . Thanks !

Had a few problems at check in and they took all my money for my room before checking out. They fixed the problem but I wasn’t informed prior to giving them a debut card that this would happen.

I loved the view of my room and that fact that the concierge took great care of me.

• Deluxe King Room with Bay View

The room was way to small for the money and I was told the parking was 30 a day it was way overpriced I am going to Oahu this month maybe I could get two days there,I travel a lot and I think this would be fair.My new mail address is P.O. box 9391 South Lake Tahoe calif 96158. Thanks. Mike johnstone

A security guard told me that parking for customers is free... but I found out the next day that it was not

Loved the views... the staff was amazing...

• Deluxe King Room with Bay View

There was a great view BUT, unfortunately, the windows were really dirty - so dirty that the view was significantly obscured. It's a small point, I suppose, but for an overseas visitor to SFO, the view would be very desirable and it's a pity to diminish it because of really dirty windows.

It was a very good room, very comfortable. The front desk staff were very capable, knowledgeable and responsive.

The bed, the service, the parking,The room, the dirty wirndos,

I only like the view that’s all. The room didn’t meet luxury expectations. Also I didn’t like that I didn’t get my breakfast in the morning. I liked the view that’s all.

The Wifi in the hotel (e.g. the 15th floor) is very poor. The continental breakfast is OK, but could be more extensive given the price.

Location is good.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staffs are not friendly. Their attitude shown how stressful they had to work on holidays. We tried to understand but it ruined our holiday mood too. I booked 2 rooms months ago by booking.com and we are 6, including 2 small kids and 2 grandparents arrived in the hotel at 7.30pm after 4 hrs drive. And they couldn't check us in, first reason was they couldn't find our reservations. Then after 1.5hrs finally they found it and next problem was they oversold the rooms. So we couldn't get the exact room we booked, and the lady FOM (Front office manager) quickly solved the problem gave us free breakfast for our stays. But we still needed to wait the room be ready and we managed to get into our room at 10.30pm The next day, we met an stressful and unfriendly breakfast reservation staff, she told us to talk to front office for the breakfast voucher, coz the voucher we got last night wasn't valid. Well, I went to the FOM desk, and there was another guy, not the FOM from last night. And this guy looks very busy and impatient, he didn't really want to listen or see the voucher i showed. And he asked us to go back to the restaurant and talk to the staff there. The worst part was he asked my husband to walk down to restaurant and ask the staff there to call his extension then he showed his extension number to us. WHAT???? he took us as his guest or employees? And I spoke out, how dissapointed we felt from the beginning we arrived. Really ruined our mood and wasted our time. They didn't even apologize. though finally everything solved by that impolite front office guy. And the next day we met really friendly staffs in restaurant, they really made us feel better. Not so long to be happy, my daughter burnt her finger while she checked on her waffle, there was a waffle making station, wide open on the table next to other food. Kids could easily reach the waffle baking tools.

location is good, restaurants and convenient stores are at corners.

The place was pretty noisy - although it was over New Years. The outside of the windows were dirty - detracting from the nice views of the city. Restaurant prices seemed high.

A great location. The rooms were good sized. Nice view of the city. Staff was very helpful. Lots of great restaurants around - China Town and Little Italy are nearby.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds and Bay View

Double room is just a room with 2 beds. Paper thin walls allowed some very loud people to wake our 14 month old daughter up. Someone playing trumpet on the street sounded like it was right outside our window (19th floor). Someone was screaming at the top of their lungs for a few hours. The WiFi was very slow. There was no small refrigerator to keep milk cold. I do not plan on staying here again.

The staff is friendly and the room was clean

• Deluxe King Room with Bay View

Initially although I booked a Bay view room they gave me a city view. They eventually changed it upgraded me and provided a free breakfast. Breakfast in lounge was sub par with food barely warm. Although great view of the bay the Windows were so dirty you couldn’t take a decent picture.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel didn't recognise my Hilton Honors membership because I did the reservation through booking.com. I would have stayed in another hotel if I knew it.

Location is great. Right in the centre of China Town a short stroll to Fisherman's Wharf, Financial district.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds and Bay View

The very (!!!) dirty windows in our room! With a spectacular view like this and for that price I think I can expect clean windows.

The room and the view

• Deluxe King Room with Bay View

I booked a King deluxe room - got 2 twin beds - called front desk a few times - no answer - gave up trying... no one followed up with me to see how my stay was OR asked at checkout if all was OK. Rates were through the roof and ridiculous. I had to leave 2 days early and was going to be penalized for doing so. Felt like I was taken advantage of because of a city wide conference. Poor guest experience.

Free WIFI Room service was quick and great food clean rooms friendly bartender - Paul good location - walking distance to the core

• Standard Queen Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

Arrived and they did not have our booking. Room was low level, very stuffy and smelt stale. The room was opposite a college so not private at all. When blinds were drawn as to dress in private the room was extremely dark, there was no lighting in the room except for foyer entry of room. There appeared to be no sound proofing at all, we could hear people walking in room above and their toilet flushing, wecould also hear loud voices and traffic from neighbouring rooms and the corridor. Our booking was for 6 nights and after the first night we spoke to staff to request an alternate room but was denied and advised we had the cream of the crop. Also, wifi did not work in our room. Terrible food, dumplings ordered from room service arrived cold and as hard as rocks, they ended up in the bin. Worst hotel I've stayed at!

• Premium King Room with Bay View

Room needs to be renovated, bathroom tatty, needs new furniture.

The location was great with local transport a short walk away. View on top 27th floor across the bay was excellent. Use of executive lounge providing breakfast etc was nice

• Premium Queen Room - Disability Access with Roll In Shower

Was told by one staff person that hotel parking lot prices were typical of area but in fact they were about 50% more than across the street. Also - bed was not what I call a queen bed - very small!

Good location - in China Town and walking distance to Embarcadero.

Very dirty windows not allowing to enjoy the view, little bit old hotel

Clean and nice rooms. Good location close to Chinatown and pier (walking distance)

Overpriced, overrated and exceptionally rude staff! How some of the front desk staff got their jobs is beyond me. There are far better hotels in San Francisco. I'd think twice before booking this hotel, area isn't great either.

• Premium King Room

I specifically requested a room with a nice view, which I know this hotel has. I got a room on a high floor with a lousy view of the back of buildings, instead of on the other side of the hotel facing the bay.

Still thinking...

• Premium King Room with Bay View

There is noting that I did not like during my stayed.

Location is awesome, Chinatown is just in front of your doorsteps. The staff are friendly and helpful. The bed and pillow are really comfortable.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Hotel feels VERY dated and has a lot of maintenance issues. Room windows were VERY dirty, there was lots of dirty brass and glass all around the lobby and property furnishings.... The hotel structure is concrete that looks like it hasn't been washed in decades.. Overall, you have a great location for this property, please just update it. I'm not disappointed, but know hat it has so much more potential

LOcation, location, location

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room was quite tired and dark. Outside of windows were extremely dirty. Internet in the guest rooms was not great at all, constantly dipping in and out. Wait for lifts one morning was nearly 20 minutes. Bathroom was extremely small.

The location was good, great if you want to be near China Town and North Beach. Room was ok, basic but ok. Computers available for use in the lobby area. Concierge was very helpful.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The system on the bellmen, waiting over an hour for my bags after already being checked in and sat in my room. Called the front desk, and they were able to locate my bags, cause the person who took it by the curb where you get your car valet, never gave us a ticket for it. Just the ticket for the car, not our bags. Have to amasser 10 question on the description of our belonging to make sure they were ours.

There was what to believe soap scrum on the toilet seat, and hair in the drain of the tub.

• Queen Room with Bay View

Nothing stands out as a negative

Good location, easy walking distance to the piers as well as the shopping districts and plenty of good italian restaurants nearby as well. The staff were very pleasant and helpful throughout our stay.

• Deluxe King Room with Bay View

In room dining was over charged - and the hotel car transfer said you could pay by cash or card but was only cash

Really great staff and lots of space to wait between flights

The rooms are small The hall ways are dark , dirty and smell bad The buffet breakfast was expensive, limited and food was warm or cold Breakfast restaurant staff were rude DONT HAVE BREAKFAST HERE

Staff not friendly. Very expensive parking. Even though geographic location is great due to being near to key spots of the city, the neighborhood is dirty and crowded.

Near embarcadero. Easy access to downtown as well. Good location.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bathroom is a bit simple for this 4-star hotel. Kids playing made neighbours below complain due to vibrations in the floor, which was strange for a concrete building. Roll down curtains were old and damaged.

Beds were good. Room was clean with sufficient space. Friendly staff.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Food was very expensive in the restaurants in the Hilton. Lots of options near it but ridiculous prices in the hotel itself. Elevators were very slow and hallways on most floors need a bit of maintenance, needs new carpeting.

Staff were friendly. Good location close walk to a lot of downtown San Francisco.

The size of the room was appalling Room seemed quite old for a Hilton hotel The worst part was the price of the car park was an absolute joke Only good thing was having friendly staff

The wifi in the hotel isn't very good, elevators are a bit slow

The location was good, more so in Chinatown than it is is financial district though, the name is deceiving, but a good 25 min walk to the wharf which isn't bad.

Exterior of the property isn't very appealing. Walls were quite thin, but luckily we didn't have neighbours that were too noisy

Excellent room and very comfortable bed. Staff were very friendly and helpful

Staff were very unfriendly. Service was poor and the response from one member of staff was just 'this is San Francisco'. The attitude was that they were doing us a favour letting tourists into their city and we should expect to pay through the nose for poor service. They messed up my billing and charged twice. Attitude was just ' it can't be our mistake, its not on the system - we are charging your credit card again and you will have to take it up with your bank'. It was their mistake, but it got sorted - thanks Amex. Not even an apology from Hilton - and they rejected my request to compensate for a 20 minute international call to Amex in UK to try and fix their error. In case you didn't spot it in their info - be prepared to pay $70 per night to park your car.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

What I didn't like about this hotel was there was NO pool. If I had to do it again I wouldn't book it through the 3rd party, I would booked it directly with the hotel only because when I had a questions about my reservation booking and upgrading my stayed, I had to called the number I booked it with. And it was a hassle. I kept getting transfer to different people and being told to leave a voice mail and they will get back to me... Wouldn't do that again.

I love the location there. Pier 39 was only a 5 min drive and China town was just around the corner.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was the worst experience. Bad staff specially the people who managed me at check in and check out.

The guy at reception was incompetent and rude. Despite my frequent requests to see his manager, I was not approached by anyone. The person at the reception over charged me. I was not given any clarity despite my requests again and again. This was the worst experience for me.

That the shower flooded the floor and the parking was very over priced.

Bedrooms were really nice, hotel and staff were lovely and the view was awesome!! Great location.. we walked everywhere!!

• Standard Queen Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

Great location with the comfort of a chain hotel. Nearby to so many tourist attractions - many close enough to walk to. Room was clean and met all of our expectations.