Reviews of Hilton San Jose 4 stars

300 Almaden Boulevard, San Jose, CA 95110, USA

#30 of 67 hotels in San Jose

Disappointed for the price.

On arrival fridge was broken. Had to call twice to get replaced. Called two times to have dine in removed and it still took 15 hours to pick up. Only three main elevators. Busy convention time meant incredibly long wait times for them.

Directly connected to convention center. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Executive lounge was closed was compensated with breakfast vouchers. Breakfast buffet was pretty good.

Small parking/pool but Convenient

The pool was pretty small. There was a limited amount of luggage carts. Hotel parking is small and limited.

Very convenient for how close it was to the hotel. Pretty decent fitness center.

It's nice, but the Hilton's supposed to be a little SPECIAL! We didn't really get that.

It was his birthday and no special effort was taken, and also the lobby of other Hilton hotels has much more visible staff ready to greet you and take care of your needs. This isn't the case here.

The experience at other Hilton hotels (in Australia) was what was expected, and that wasn't really the case at this one. Usually there's much more attentive service and more care taken to make the guest feel super-comfy and welcome.

If you just need a good place to sleep, with great staff, and spend all of your time out and about.

The overall decor/environment was a bit spartan for the price. Not fancy.

The staff were all very friendly and helpful. We had an issue with our room and they moved us to a better room and comped several meals for the rest of our stay.

The bed was comfortable and security got in elevator with us...
    • King Room with City View

The bathroom had stains in the wall, no fridge, and the hallways had a bad odor. Also, there was no valet.

The bed was comfortable and security got in elevator with us when a questionable gentleman also went in elevator

Just a small hiccup
    • King Room with City View

When I asked if I could check in early they said yes if I would be okay with a double room or I could wait for the king room I booked. I said I'd wait but when I went back at clock in time I was still given the double room

The view was awesome and the location was very convenient for our purposes.

Most of the staff was great but the concierge left a lot to be desired.

Two of the three elevators were broken, the concierge refused us a 12:30pm check out even though I’m a Hilton Honors member. (30 minutes later than normal on a Sunday)

The bed were comfy, plenty of pillows, the room was great,nice view, clean, having a fridge and a coffeemaker made our stay much more fun enjoyable.

Not worth your money. Terrible staff.

The staff is terrible. Miserable customer service both at check in and check out. Attitude like "it's not my problem and if you don't like it, you can go elsewhere".

Location amazing. Only that

Shabby hotel; needs upgrade and better cleaning. False advertising - - WiFi NOT INCLUDED

WI-FI was NOT INCLUDED!!!! Booking.com advertised that WiFi WAS included!!!! False advertising!!!! Room was shabby, and mildly dirty. Needs an upgrade. Poor quality for the price. I could/should have stayed at the Fairmont.

Not a good value for the money

Furniture was dated. The chair in sitting area was uncomfortable. Not enough light in bathroom. Shabby vanity in bathroom

They allowed for early check in. The room was spacious

Expected more for the price but location is awesome.

For the price of just one night I expected more. Pillows were not too comfortable.The TV was about 10 years old and small. Extra charge for parking. Free Wi-Fi only for members. Water pressure in shower was lacking and it didn’t get too hot. About $30-$40 overpriced IMO but I guess it’s because of location.

The location is superb. The bed was comfortable. Staff was nice, food at Affinity was good.

last time i stay there
    • Executive One-Bedroom Suite

I returned from dinner and was locked out of my suite. There was no call or email or notification. I just could not get back intovmy suite.

The property was pleasant

The stay was satisfactory with room for improvement; however, I will consider other options.
    • Queen Room with City View

The supervisor at the front desk was not accommodating. The difference between hospitality and service is that hospitality has an emotion tied to it, like friendliness or generosity. Service is just merely getting the task done. Our interaction with the front desk was definitely a service and not hospitality. Due to an emergency, I was unable to arrive at the hotel until the second day of my reservation. No compassion was shown for the emergency and instead I was greeted with a no show fee and a cancellation for the rest of my reservation. To put it simply, Hilton sold my room to someone else. This is understandable if the hotel was fully booked, but it was not. The supervisor let us know there was availability to immediately book a new room and so we had to pay the current price instead of the price at which we originally booked in advance. Additionally, Hilton did not offer complementary breakfast or free parking. I have stayed at other locations with cheaper prices that offered complementary breakfast and free parking. I would recommend to consider other options if possible.

The hotel is decorated in a festive manner. The housekeeping was responsive and catered to our needs in a timely manner. The location is convenient if you are attending an event at the San Jose McEnery Convention Center since they are connected. There is underground parking for the hotel.

Meg

Some of the sheets were still dirty, the wifi didnt always work, bathrooms were sometimes locked..

It was a great spot.. had good places to eat connected to the concentration..

Bless the staff for being so accomodating when we requested an early check out.
    • Queen Room with City View

I liked the staff. They were terrific. That being said, the place was very pretty in the lobby. The room was not worth the cost, however. It was tiny and not comfortable, damage on furniture, walls and toilet. Also, breakfast and parking are not included.

Bad experience

The internet Wi-Fi was denied, and the justification was that for the guests who booked the room through Booking, there is no internet included, and if the guest needs, they have to pay for it. The reception staff were very unfriendly and rude.

Location is good.

Overall our stay was very pleasant.

We decided to have a coffee and a small breakfast item the morning we were leaving. They had a breakfast buffet, but there were four of us and that would have cost $80 for breakfast. Our server was very slow and was not attentive to our needs like forgetting refills, providing creamer and i had to walk over to another station for hot water. Also most of the other servers were taking care of us much quicker than he did. The manager did call us about it and i appreciated him going the extra distance to call us on our way home.

We had a dinner the afternoon we got there and it was reasonably priced and it was a very good meal. Our server was very polite and oh so thorough. No complaints that night.

The room was lovely

It wasn't very close to our venue. But that's really on the bride for picking it, not the hotel.

The room was great and it was reallt accommodating to our needs, especially in the case of our service animal

pleasant stay
    • Queen Room with City View

i think breakfast should be included with all room rates, and it is always disappointing when it is not.

the location was good, and the park around the corner was a great spot for a walk. it is also very conveniently connected to the convention center, for anyone in town for a conference. the rooms were clean and well-lit.

No Wi-Fi available...because??? "We are at Silicon valley...."

No Wi-Fi available in the room and not even at the lobby . When I asked questions about Wi-Fi at the desk, the answer was: " we are at Silicon valley and, in this case, you have to pay the wi-fi". AHAHAHAHA!!! ABSOLUTELY ABSURD!!!

Nice location and very modern place.

Everything was great until I got home and found out they charged full price for the room. It took three phone calls to get them to change it to the booking.com price I has booked it for. Not cool.

Nice location and very modern place.

Absolutely not worth it
    • Queen Room with City View

Booking through booking.com we had no excess to the internet. Booked for four people we only had two big towels in the room, no coffee, no cups and only two glasses. The room wasn't very clean when we arrived. There was no room service the next day. After complaining they send someone up at 9pm at night. Front desk not very friendly and really didn't care about our complaints. I would recommend this hotel nor would I go back to it

Would definitely stay again!

Elevator for parking was out of order.

Room was very clean, sheets had a light laundered scent. Our destination was the San Jose Center for Performing Arts so it was perfect for location!

We had a great time!
    • Queen Room with City View

Towels were not stocked in gym for pool and had to call to get some. It took a long time. Hard when you have cold kids. Also needed more sugar to go with coffee. Also called and it never came. I ended up asking someone cleaning a room for some. If there's one thing I need it's coffee and plenty of cream/sugar.

We had a great time! Stayed for day of swimming and fireworks.

If we had to do it over again, WE WOULD DO IT!

What could have been better ? elevator efficiency The issue we had was that the system of three elevators were unsatisfactory to accommodate a large group of guests. During high volume of guests (50 +), we waited 15 minutes more than once. We're home now, and we really enjoyed our stay at the Hilton San Jose.

Great access to freeway. Loved location of our room! The bed was comfortable and room was very clean and neat. We loved the muffins and cocoa.

Consider your budget travelers

I didn't like having to pay $25 per day to park at my own hotel. I was on a pretty tight budget for this trip and that was an additional $75 I didn't anticipate spending. Also, walking from the parking garage, through the convention center to the hotel was really inconvenient. I also was a bit disappointed there wasn't at least a complimentary breakfast, considering the chunk you have to pay for parking already. I understand it's a nice hotel, but I think the hotel has to understand it's also ideal for some budget travelers; so maybe they could make it a bit more budget friendly in one way or another. I just didn't feel like there was any leeway. Also, anything that happened in the hall on my floor was easily audible. I could hear everything, and at a volume level that almost made it seem like I'd left my door open by accident or something. It unfortunately woke me up every morning and made it hard to sleep some nights.

The staff was friendly, the hotel was lovely and the location was close to downtown, so it was easy to check out restaurants and nightlife.

Great weekend stay
    • Queen Room with City View

The staff were extremely friendly and honest when asked about the best method to use to get to the airport from their location - uber/lyft. They handled a large group for March Madness effortlessly. Check in was extremely quick.

it was quite convenient because of conference in the same...
    • Double Room with City View

Not good, old shower, uncomfortable bed linen, dark room. Too little for a hotel at this price.

it was quite convenient because of conference in the same building.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Lobby looks like a 4 star hotel, rooms more like a 2 star.

Small beds, old tub, old shower head, sink didnt drain properly, small TV, sheets didn't fit the bed correctly, decor extremely dated, free WiFi was slow and you have to sign up for their rewards to get it, had to pay for parking and for breakfast - overall looked like a La Quinta but 4x the price.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

Overpriced
    • King Room with City View

I paid way too much money… I could've stayed at a nicer hotel for cheaper I booked quite far and it Vance I'm still end up paying a ridiculous amount of money. I was putting in noise complaints because my neighbors are so ridiculously loud and getting drunk and high in the room while I was trying to work. I'm supposed to be a gold level Hilton member because of my status through my business American Express platinum card. Of the two did not connect on something went wrong there as well so I don't think I ever got my bonus points or any upgrades like I should have. The front desk staff wasn't mean or anything but they were definitely not inviting either. The downstairs bar is completely understaffed and I had to wait about 15 minutes to even get recognized and place a drink order.

Nothing really stood out The maid service was good

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

Highly recommend Hilton San Jose

Free WiFi.

The room was very attractive, clean and well stocked. Area very quiet. The weather was terrible and it was fantastic to only have to cross the street to attend our play at Broadway San Jose.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Room for Improvement

The Room was spacious, yet dated. The linen looked old. The Room was not adequately sound proofed. We could hear the TV noise and see light from the adjoining room thru the connecting door.

Room service, concierge and the fact that we were not compelled to have our room serviced daily.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Convenient location
    • King Room with City View

Room service was answering machine then they would return call in 10 minutes or so. Bathrooms dated and poor layout

Convenience to the convention center was nice...valet parking also good and responsive.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

the bar and other charges other than room were overly...

the bar and other charges other than room were overly expensive for the product you received. I would not utilize the on site hotel bar or anything else next time if stayed there.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Great location...

The elevator was broken on Sunday when we checked out. One of our party was served moldy bread I restaurant on Saturday

I love the proximity to downtown and walking distance to great eats.

Bed was comfy, also located conviently close to the SAP...
    • King Room with City View

For the price, the rooms could of been updated more i.e. The TV, and shower pressure.

Bed was comfy, also located conviently close to the SAP center where we were going.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

Great area...ho-hum service.

-The valet parking got backed up and we were given no direction. -The counter staff were unexciting. NO suggestions for where to go in the area. Not much service..

Location. Cleanliness.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Access to the convention center.
    • King Room with City View

Elevators not working on our last day. Served moldy bread in hotel restaurant and parking garage key did not work and had to be replaced.

Access to the convention center.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

Over priced for the facilities and service. Should have been called the Cosmo Spacely Inn.

Over priced, for the facilities and service. Called the front desk to have our car brought around: Long story short, got our car after two valets went to retrieve it. The first never returned. For all I know he could still be looking for it.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

Conveniently located, pleasant stay

Overall, I was pleased with everything during our stay. But Alex was the icing on the cake! He checked us out on the day of departure and his personality is perfect for working the desk. He was very friendly, professional and knowledgable. I couldn't have been more pleased with the service he provided us and I hope he gets recognition for this!

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

Great location, but little customer service!

They were suppose to send me a list of amenity packages...I wanted to make our 40th anniversary special, but I never received them. When we checked in at the desk, the office that handles amenity pkgs. was closed and no one could explain what options they had. Staff was not helpful with directions, suggestions, listening to concerns.

We loved the location...within walking distance of many shops, entertainment venues, parks and places to eat and drink!

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Very disappointing, experience not great

The rooms and bathrooms are a tad outdated. The receptions staff were very confused by our group booking via bookings.com

The convenience of having a starbucks at the hotel. Staff at the restaurant were warm and welcoming.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

It's ok, simple and clean.
    • Executive Floor King Room

I asked for two champagne glasses and a tooth brush to be provided in the room prior to my arrival, that did not happen. What's the point of being able to write a message to the hotel if they don't even read it?

Clean white linen & towels. Peter Thomas Roth toiletries!!!

Great Place to Stay.

GREAT PLACE TO STAY

I HAD A GREAT TIME HERE.

Amazing hotel downtown located next to restaurants and main dirvin ways
    • Double Room with City View

location right next to restaurants, tram and conference center

I would recommend this hotel if and when you come to San Jose Ca

We were very pleased with our arrangements! They even gave us an upgrade to the executive suite! Thanks to Jeffrie who works for the San Jose Hilton!

Enjoyed hotel overall.
    • Queen Room with City View

Self park fees are crazy high. Valet parking staff was extremely rude.

Room view. Nice set up.location is great.

We didn't eat at the restaurant

We didn't eat at the restaurant

nice!

drink bender machine was broken...

good breakfast, Friendly staffs

Wouldn't stay there again. Not worth the money.

The staff is terrible. Both the check in and the check out staff. Miserable customer service and attention.

The cost of parking was very high.
    • Queen Room with City View

The cost of parking was very high.

Won’t stay there again

Front desk and Bellhop staff rude Rooms were too small and old. Bathroom tiny

Staff in the restaurant were amazing

Will be back.
    • King Room with City View

Love the food (selection & taste).

The view and that the national Civic center was a block away.

WiFi wasn't free to my knowledge.

The view and that the national Civic center was a block away.

Overall serve the purpose of trip.

Pillow was too soft. Tv was small for the room. Vending machine prices were too high.

Serve the purpose of trip for the convention.

Comfortable room, helpful staff and good food.

Liked EVERYTHING.

Especially liked having the valet parking and the location being close to the Center for Performing Arts.

• Executive Floor Double Room

WiFi not working

Great staff

The room was clean and comfortable.

The room was clean and comfortable.

Ignorant staff

The cheepness

This place is OK. It could be better. I just hate the staff.

accommodatie run down
    • Executive Floor King Room

accommodatie run down needs refurbishment friendly and helpful staff

location in Downtown Silicon Valley.

location in Downtown Silicon Valley. Very clean city. Modern and beatiful weather.

Location next to San Jose performing arts center.
    • King Room with City View - Mobility Access with Bathtub

The tiny pool

Location next to San Jose performing arts center.

Overnight stopover in good location
    • Queen Room with City View

Shower needs more power; wifi should be free on all floors.

Restaurant, friendly staff, good sized family room

Don't use booking.com. Trust me.

You screwed up my booking

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Big sink in barhroom

Paying for wifi Left item in room and upon calling hotel to inquire (2x) was not called back.

Big sink in barhroom

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

COMFORTABLE...NEEDS UPDATE ON TV

BUT PLEASE UPDATE TVS....WANTED TO HOOK UP A PS4 BUT TV TO OLD

Almost perfect

Room service was a little slow in the morning.

Room service, the view, and the bed were amazing.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Room was great and very big

Water in the shower were not running well

Room was great and very big

Nice size rooms

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

Room size and bed was comfortablr

I had a hard time with the shower head, and the water was not hot enough

Room size and bed was comfortablr

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

Best night's sleep I've had in awhile.

Best night's sleep I've had in awhile.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

Good facility but needs better service

House keeping too eager to enter my room daily

Linens

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

Loved the pillows.

Didnt get the 1 king bed, they switch it to a two queen beds.

Loved the pillows.... got them all to myself.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

It was great

There wasn't much to dislike.

The cleanliness and staff

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

Highly recommended

Great staff. Great room service.