Reviews of Hilton Santa Cruz/Scotts Valley 3 stars

6001 La Madrona Drive, Santa Cruz, CA 95060, USA

#17 of 58 hotels in Santa Cruz

First we were treated poorly because we used third party booking.com Our room was located in the back building 5th floor and the entrance to the hotel was located by the pool, which you think would be nice however it is their designated smoking area, so every time we left or came back to the room we had to walk through people smoking and the horrible smell of it!! The room didn’t smell clean at all it actually smelled like people smoked in the room. The floors entering the elevator were always dirty. We had a choice of where we stayed and I will never stay there again. And not sure I will use Booking.com if were treated so poorly for doing so!

Convenience of being close to friends and family.

requested an upgrade in room; supervisor not accommodating and not friendly; despite the availability of multiple rooms after the Memorial Day weekend. Got the feeling that they did not care about their guests. Booking by a third party, seemed to be frowned upon.

parking was easy and free

Poor service very mean treated me and my kids life we didn’t belong, frown at us spoke extremely rude, it was very very sad and embarrassing. I paid for a room with views and I was told the room I paid for is broken so I couldn’t have that room, and they couldn’t refund me, because I booked with booking. Com so they could only give my free breakfast. A few hours later our lights on the bathroom just cut off!’ While my son was in the shower and he fell out the shower!!! And I fell trying to get to my kids when the lights went out in our room everything went black while the bell man was trying to fix the bathroom light after my son fell! We were without lights for 4 hours!’ I kept calling front desk and nobody cared! The bell man tried to help but only mad things worst by blowing the breaker box and then we were in the dark the whole room! I tried to get to my screaming scared children and then I fell over a small medal table!!! The bell man helped me! It was so painful and so embarrassing!!’ He was in our room for hours trying to fix the lights the lights came back on after midnight! We didn’t get and sleep the bathroom light never came on! My kids didn’t get to use the shower or the bathroom the bell man went and got a huge lamp and a Extension cord and put a huge orange extension cord on the bathroom and it ran pass the beds’ this was the worst night ever!!’ We spent the holiday in the hospital with injuries!!!! Mangers never ask how was we or said sorry about the lights being off for over 4 hours!!! I can’t believe human kindness and customer service was this poor!’ And at a Hilton hotel

The covered smoking area located by the back entrance of the hotel which is also located by the spa and pool. I shouldn't have to walk thru that smoking area. Blech.

So happy to find a nicer property that took pets. The room was comfortable.

Check in was a problem with Ian. It went fast, but the keys didn't work. Went down the 2nd time to get it re-key and again, it didn't work so this time (annoyed and frustrated) I called and asked the front desk to bring the keys up to the floor we were at. Ian said he was helping a customer and would be up as soon as he's done. 15 minutes wasted and additional 15 minutes into waiting for the keys... Sara, probably the manager, came up and brought the keys, then apologized, but as we walked in it wasn't the room that booking.com had confirmed. My room was a King room and they gave us keys to a room with double beds. I, then, told the manager and she said she'd call us after she finds a king room and proceeded to tell me that my papers and info came in as a double bed. I told her I have my email confirmation here that states king room/non smoking and she said she believed me and accommodated the room, but she also mentioned that booking.com (the third party I book the room with) always gives away the wrong room because they are always sold out. I told her I've booked through booking.com often and never had a problem and she then proceeded to explain that it happens every other day! So check this, she sent a guy up with our new keys to another floor, king room non smoking and the first key didn't work...again! You can imagine how I felt at this point (45 minutes wasted), but luckily the 2nd key worked. We were so disappointed. You guys can make the evaluation on this one...but I definitely won't be staying there again! ✌

The bed was comfortable and food for room service was delicious!

• Non-Smoking Queen Room with Balcony

The mattress felt a little hard after awhile. Our room was close to the bar which would get loud late at night on the weekend. While the hotel is 5 miles from Santa Cruz it can be a hassle to drive there because you have to make a freeway change and there was always traffic backed up on the freeway. The hotel is at least 5-7 miles from the beach.

The buffet breakfast had a great variety of food. It's pricey but the staff is willing to make you a special order omelet, pancakes, or French toast. The property is beautiful and set back off of the road. The staff is very friendly and willing to help out in any way they can. Dogs are welcome at the hotel.

Very basic room. Wish some rooms provided a jacuzzi. Walking to the pool past the bar is very embarrassing and wasn’t relaxing to share a hot tub with kids.

Comfortable bed. Clean room

• Non-Smoking Queen Room with Balcony

We had an issue with the reservation thru Booking.com. We ended up being charged 3 times for the room, once by booking, and twice by the hotel since they couldn't find our booking. I had the reservation saved so showed them and still cannot figure out why I was charged so many times. I am still waiting for the refunds to show up. If I hadn't followed up with the front desk, they never would have reversed the extra charges! Not good customer service on that.

Location near highway and close to santa cruz

The one thing I did not enjoy about it was the room services. I was not happy with the food especially since its so expensive. The good thing is that the person I spoke with was able to take it off. I have the Herb Roasted Chicken with Jasmine rice and the rice was loaded with pepper. I ordered it because it was something that my son would have like it but it was the opposite. I will stay at the Hilton next time but I will definitely find some other place to eat.

I have to say that the times that I have stayed here i have enjoyed it every time. I am able to sleep in because the room can be pitch black if needed.

The house keeping Service was very bad. They did not change the sheets, towels, left dirty cups in the room... they just tidied the bed, which is not acceptable.

I loved that they had my room ready and luggage service as me and my fam had alot of bags. The restaurant was delicious and worth every penny. Staff was amazing

I feel like I WASTED over $100 in food from the restaurant in the hotel. The food was either under or over cooked, no flavor, tons of fat on the meat and they forgot one of our drinks. The staff wasn’t that friendly or helpful.

I loved the room options, the cleanliness and the comfort.

• King Room - Forest View

the food at restaurant was inedible not because it tasted bad but because the meat was so tough and chewy that I physically could not eat it. however they took the total off the bill when brought to there attention.

it was clean enough to not be totally grossed out when sleeping

Can't think of one thing!!

Loved everything about this place! The hotel was absolutely beautiful inside and out! Very very clean with the most comfortable beds and bedding!! Even the pillows were so comfortable and clean!! The entire staff was excellent in service in every way!! Always met with a smile from ALL of the employees we had the pleasure of meeting!! Excellent place to get away and relax!! Santa Cruz Beach and Capitola are a very short drive and well worth the experience as well!!! Love our HILTON Scotts Valley!!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We were not able to check in until 5:30 as rooms were not ready. froze in lobby waiting for room, room keys did not work. Jacuzzi was dirty, no towels at pool side, had to use room towels, no clean towels were available in morning to shower.

• King Room - Forest View

Waiting in line with 20 people deep in the freezing lobby because they left the doors open. Room was not ready by 4pm. The manager of that establishment needs to go for some training on how to make people comfortable. We stayed there last year for a wedding and the same mistakes were made, I guess they have too much business so they do not care.

There wasn’t anything I liked very disappointed.

The T.V. remote did not work. We asked for and received another remote. It worked for about 15 minutes and then it also quit working.The location of the room was VERY NOISY. We were across from the fitness room, we could hear the weights banging as someone used them. Also, someone in the room next to us was in and out all night. Slamming the door as they came and went.

We liked the location and the room. The bed was comfortable.

• King Room - Forest View

Hotel was on warm side and windows could only be opened a few inches.

Comfy bed and small sectional in room, grounds were pretty and it was quiet, hot tub

• King Room - Forest View

The on site restaurant was over priced.

The property was well kept, room clean and fresh. The bed was cozy and the whole place had a clean appearance and smelt clean and fresh.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The Property is grand and gorgeous but sits high upon that hill, with no center stairwell for the middle section to walk up from tiered parking levels, it makes accessibility tricky! Be sure to go all the way up to top loading area at lobby floor before you park and ask where to go, because that section is difficult to traverse, especially with luggage/cart!

Staff was accommodating and clear, and worked with me on what could have been a complicated transaction regarding Incidentals Deposit.

I hardly slept. The internal (when the heat would kick on and stop) temp fluctuations created pressure changes that made the closet and front doors slam within their housing. Very loud and all night long. Dogs barking didn’t help. The gift shop isn’t really one. ATM was down so I couldn’t tip the exceptional bellman. Toilet was broken and tv remote was shotty.

Upgrade due to HH

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds Hearing Accesible

There were 4 adults with only two towels, facecloths, washrags.Had to call for more. Only 2 coffee cups in room. Had to call for more. The drain didn't work properly in the bathtub.Plug was broken.

The beds were comfortable

Your hotel took out their sauna for what reason? w/out telling your guests? That's the main reason we returned to the Hilton was for their sauna facilities, but you took them out and called it "Remodeling", you should reflect that NoN Amenity in you rates, A classy hotel like the Hilton should have a Sauna to go w/the pool. hot tub, & fitness room!

Almost everything

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

Large, clean modern room. Very fast room service. Very pleasant lobby with a great restaurant and bar. no noise from other rooms/traffic, ample parking.

The hotel is a bit far from the city, by car 12 minutes.

Room was excellent. Breakfast is more what you can see, just ask for all kind of egg options. Staff very friendly and kind. Easy parking at the property, no need to ask for valet parking.

• King Room - Forest View

Broken vending machine and could not get bottled water, and there was no option inside the room. Many hotels have water in the room even if it's not free you at least have the option to pay for it.

Ease of booking on line.

• King Room - Forest View

It would be nice to have a small microwave oven in the room. All else was Great.!

The staff, namely Blair Gilbert made our trip a "pleasure" for my wife's Birthday #73. Blair helped us with a room upgrade, to include outdoor patio. Thanks!! We are repeat customers, and loving it.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I did not like the housekeeping, we couldn't locate my sons headphones and were told that nothing could be done about it..and mind you he left his headphones in the room and someone came and cleaned while we were gone ...when we came back no headphones in the room but no one really cared..from the front desk to the housekeeping manager..my son was upset and we were extremely disappointed

I liked how clean it was and the parking wasn't too far from our room.

• King Room - Hearing Accessible

The only issue we had was the toilet backed up and they said they would send someone that night and they had not shown up by the time we left the next day

The room service was fantastic, the room was lovely and they let us have a drink in the lobby since we had our little dog with us. Service overall was great

Being a little jetlagged I left my phone charger in the substitute room when I returned the key. By the time I realised and had the room checked the charger was no longer there. Not surprising, just disappointing. This is quite a large building so, if proximity to the door is needed I recommend you ask specifically for this.

The King Suite was roomy and comfortable. Reception and bar staff are friendly and helpful. The smoke detector began to chirp on my first night and, as there was no maintenance person on site for a couple of hours, I was given another room for the night without having to move my already unpacked luggage. Food was good. The gym was in constant use and looked good. There are plenty of local restaurants, my pick was a Japanese sushi bar.

I ordered room service and they didn't bring a spoon for my soup, but promptly brought it after I called. There was no shower curtain on the shower, which was odd. I think someone just forgot, it wasn't one of the glass type that needs no curtain, this was definitely an oversight. I did have to take two elevators to get to my room, a little inconvenient, but fine.

This was a beautiful hotel, nice staff, very clean and newer. The beds and pillows were extremely comfortable. I liked the Peter Roth bath products, although these can always be improved, the nicer the better. The fitness room was very nice. There was ample equipment and space, everything was in good working order not old/outdated like I see elsewhere. The TVs were all new and working. This is a big plus for me. I did receive a room upgrade when I arrived, so I had a nice balcony as well.

Location! We have an annual soccer tournament at Carrillo College. This was our second stay at the Hilton, because of the price, location, and comfort of our first stay. Also, several other soccer families joined us at the Hilton on our second stay, after we had shared our experience with them.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

• King Room with Balcony - Non-Smoking

There were a few cleanliness issues. Lampshade had an enormous stain. We left after eating room service and the crumbs were still on the ottoman and floor when we came back. The room smelled slightly of mildew and my allergies seemed to act up while we were here. The balcony was right off the fourth floor parking lot so I would try to book on a higher floor next time.

The pool was saltwater instead of chlorine. Huge plus! The people were really nice and the decor was recently redone. I liked that the room had tons of storage cubbies everywhere.

The hotel overall was unclean. The elevators were old and dirty. The carpet in the hotel hallways was filthy. The baseboards in our room were dirty, chipped and peeling. The noise of the hotel made it impossible to get a restful night's sleep.

The staff was welcoming and friendly.

The toilets had a lot of trouble with flushing, not just in our room but in the restroom near the pool. Maintenance was called and promptly came and fixed the toilet in my room and I had no other problems with that. Another slightly inconvenient thing is that 2 different elevators have to be taken to get to rooms on the 5th and 6th floor so when my room key didn't work I had to make a journey back to the front desk. The hotel is really nice overall and the staff are very friendly.

The hotel restaurant food and service were excellent.

More selection at the restaurant for those of us on restricted diets.

It was just close enough to the beach, without all the hassle. Plus the cost was better than staying on the beach.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Pool area, and especially the jacuzzi too small in relation to the size of the property and the number of occupants staying there. We were barely able to use the Jacuzzi facilities as it was always overcrowded and overwhelmed. The pool staff were not able to keep up with the demands and, more importantly, the mess left by the pool occupants. Towels that were left behind were everywhere, trash was overfilled, and left at the tables and Cabanas. There was a wedding party staying there, which I imagine is an often occurrence due to location, and they overtook the whole area and guests were not able to use any of those facilities that are included in the not cheap price we are paying to stay there. When we have stayed at other properties, there were at least two large family size jacuzzis and two pool areas for a property this size.

Friendly staff, modern decor, nice room. Goid coffee.

• King Room with Balcony - Non-Smoking

The room was not serviced at all during our visit. We complained at check-out and were offered a handful of excuses. "You must have not left the room" - We were gone all day from 8:30 am until after 2 pm.. "You must have had the 'Do Not Disturb' sign out" - We did not use it except when we went to bed after 9pm at night until 8:30 the next morning. For a quality place like this Hilton at the prices that were charged we should have , at least, had the trash removed, the bed made and the soiled towels replaced. None of that was done.

The facility was clean and well appointed.

• King Room - Forest View

We were upgraded to a suite as it was our anniversary. The staff were kind to not spoil a surprise for my spouse when we arrived and surprised me with the upgrade.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Was told by booking.com was non pet room But were given a pet friendly room which bothered husband alergies Room was small for the money Pool way too chlorinated

bed comfortable Hottub nice

• King Room - Forest View

Was not minutes away from Santa Cruz Boardwalk. It was 15 to 45 minutes away depending on traffic. One night the fire alarm went off, we all vacated and stood in the parking lots, we were on the last parking lot, no one from the hotel ever came out to give an explanation and when we were able to go in a guest came and told us. The pool was very small and crowded so we never used it. The walls are thin so you can hear all the noises and slamming of doors. We paid for a forest view. We had a view of some trees and the 4th level parking lot!

Did not eat there. Wanted a drink and the bar was way to small for the size of the hotel so there was no place to sit. Wanted coffee in room but was way to $$$ for room service. Wanted to put some things in the frig. but it was warm and freezer was frozen over. I sat with a hair drier thawing it so I could get it cold but even when I was finished it didn't cool. Asked to put my things in the hotel frig but was told no it was not for guests. I had to throw my things away because they needed to be kept cold. Frig was barley cool by A.M

I wish there was more availability that I knew the property better in terms of requesting a room but that will come with time . Female front office staff all of them are excellent .

Attention to detail and cleanliness super supportive cleaning staff always said "hello" and "good mornin." I speak Spanish fluently but every single staff person there Sc appeared to speak excellent English and made a point of positive contact . Renée from the dining room made a point to help me find a shady parking space says it when I needed to leave with my pet the car wasn't extremely overheated .

• King Room with Balcony - Non-Smoking

Customer service from the front desk and the bar were horrible, my sink was clogged and I told the girl at the front desk and she didn't even apologize she just called it in to the maintenance and then ignored me and started talking to her coworker. I also ordered spaghetti and my noodles were crunchy.

Close to boardwalk.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Parking was somewhat limited and distant. I was not instructed to "help myself" to fruits and water and did not receive the complimentary two waters, but brought my own.

The beds were very comfortable. The rooms were large. The property was super quiet. The welcome fruits and water were refreshing. I was able to check in 40 minutes early, that was super nice after the 3 hour drive.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Nothing apart from our first night we were close to the bar area and it was very noisy but we moved for our second night and it was fine.

Friendly, helpful staff, and as it was our honeymoon we got a complimentary breakfast. Lovely rooms, very comfortable and clean.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Dinged the staff score a notch because a phone call after checking out to ascertain if I had left a garment in the room was handled poorly. My multiple calls were sent to people unknowledgeable about the lost and found process. Last call sent to a man's voice mail where I left a message that was never returned. Hotel is great but their customer support needs improvement.

Comfortable and clean property, room and excellent bed.

Our room was very plane, very stripped of any décor or architectural touches. It was large and roomy, vacant and somewhat cold because it was without much décor. We had a suite with a living room that was also mostly vacant. It's just odd -- gives it an unfinished look.

Just the room view but was on the first floor looking out to a wall below parking lot. Still this was a good place.

Great location, good value. Clean Facilities.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

• King Room with Balcony - Non-Smoking

Beautiful mountainside setting but with inadequate elevators. Only one elevator exists for the entire main front building and it is used by both guests and cleaning staff. A second elevator is in a rear building but does not go to the first floor and is not relevant to the main building. This hotel is in Scott's Valley, not Santa Cruz.

Nice setting.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds Hearing Accesible

I thought the price for continental breakfast was too much for the choices. Drinks at the bar were awful; a better bartender would bring in more money. I wanted several--- but party of 12 only couple people liked their drink; so I didn't dare order more than 1

Bar area was great social area.

We requested a room with a decent view. It was a birthday weekend. We ended up with a tiny window with a view of a parking lot. :-( It really didn't matter since it was only 1 night and we weren't in the room much other than to sleep. Closet and bathroom doors are awkwardly located. No recycle ♻️ bin in room or in the lobby that I saw.

Location. Value. Free parking. Ample parking.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Nothing all great.

The staff were nice. The hotel is in a lovely setting up in the redwood forest. The bed and pillows were comfy. Bar food very good and not too dear. Quiet location.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds Hearing Accesible

For the high prices of the hotel andrestaurants I expect a higher level of accountability. The mixing up of bills at the restaurant, bringing the wrong orders to the table and fantom charges on my credit card.

The hotel itself is very nice and modern looking. I liked the ability to eat breakfast and dinner onsite. I was also happy the staff was generous and happy to help and accommodate when ever possible. With the right crew running this hotel it could reach great heights.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

We were given room on the 1st floor and could hear water running for a couple hours. We were able to change room to the 4th floor which was much quieter. Sink didn't have hot water however.

Nice hotel. Bed comfortable. Hot tub nice

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Much less pricey hotels offer free breakfast. Had to request an additional bath towel every single day. They could not figure out how many people in the room??

Lovely hotel. Comfortable. Friendly staff. Exercise room. Beautiful forest view from window. Early check in.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

• King Suite with Balcony

First room they put me in smelled so much like Corn Nuts, I thought I would vomit. It took over an hour to move me to a new room, and, even though I am a Hilton Honors member, and offered to pay for a room upgrade, I was not offered one. The screen door in the first room was completely torn out of the frame. The second room was on a lower floor, when I requested a higher floor, and looked out over the parking lot, when I requested a "forest view". I checked in early, around 2:30, so I know they had time to swap reservations around. They just didn't. I ordered dinner, told them I couldn't eat anything that had seafood in it, and they gave me a bowl of crab/corn chowder, which fortunately, I smelled so I didn't have an allergic reaction. When I called back down, they replaced it with what I had actually ordered right away, and the kitchen supervisor brought it up herself, with apologies. It was taken off my bill. I had ordered cookies to be in my room upon arrival because my kids were coming to swim. The price for 8 cookies was $25.00, and they were truly horrible. No one ate them, and they were NOT taken off my bill. Then, the toilet stopped working. I called guest services to let them know, but it seemed like just one thing after another. I lived in Scotts Valley for 20 years and watched this Hotel being built. I remember how luxurious it was in the beginning, and I remember when Hilton bought it. They just finished an allegedly million-dollar renovation on it, but the entire front outside where parking is, and where guests arrive is still torn up and work continues every day, with the noise echoing into the lobby and rooms. This hotel is seriously degenerating. The more downhill the accommodations slide, the more expensive the rooms and meals are. This hotel does not deserve the Hilton brand any longer, and that makes me very sad.

Staff tried to make things right, and they were friendly and responsive. But, I stay there all the time, and everytime I stay, the hotel seems a bit more shabby.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

Bed was a little hard for us and we like firm. Think this was a traditional spring bed. Breakfast buffet was convenient along with the restaurant, would only change made ahead waffles at the breakfast buffet. Kind of a pain waiting in a long line to make your own waffle for as much that it cost.

We were pleasantly surprised with an upgraded room, it was very spacious and we enjoyed having a separate room from our kids. This was a king deluxe room so another great feature was the extra second bathroom (commode and sink only) but a great option with kids.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

Good breakfast selection, but not to my taste and not always fresh (scrambled eggs were crispy at times)

Spacious rooms, really comfortable bed, super friendly staff.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds Hearing Accesible

We were in a room approaching $300 per night. A Jacuzzi tub might have been nice as well as a complimentary breakfast.

The room was very nice because the staff was helpful getting what we wanted - a quiet room to the rear with a view of the forested hill. The room was clean and pleasant but not particularly remakrable.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

We were "upgraded" to a room with a view, but the view was the parking lot. :( A little high price per night.

The cleanliness and comfort of the room, the beddings, soft bed. The kids enjoyed the pool area, enough towels.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Elevators two to get to the top- not enough parking Dirty looking - carpets walls No free coffee in lobby At 208 a nite a continental breakfast would have been nice Could get a glass of wine after a long day of revel even though people were still in bar...staff was so so

Great bed and pillows and quite

• King Room with Balcony - Non-Smoking

Absolutely no good value! The pool has the size of a days inn pool and the hot tub is too small for such a big hotel. You have to use two different elevators to go to your room! Breakfast not included and really expensive

Friendly staff

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds Hearing Accesible

We ran out of bottled water but hotel staff provided Lemon Water for us. Can't complain about anything - lovely hotel!

Large rooms, free parking, friendly and welcoming - although a fairly large hotel, it had a warm and friendly hotel feel about it. Loved the pool and surrounding forest and very easy to find. Particularly liked the onsite laundry facilities! Also the take out boxes at breakfast were a nice touch, thank you for a lovely stay!

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No breakfast...Parking wAS A NIGHTMARE. We paid 240$ for one night when we knew the occupancy of the hotel was less than 60%. I am not sure how they can charge such steep price...Far away from the city...

Staff was accommodating. Beautiful redwood tree ambiance. Nothing around for breakfast

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

• King Room - Forest View

We booked and paid for a room with a king size bed and were given a handicap room with a terrible shower with no bathtub and a queen size bed. We were not given an option to move to a different room.

The hotel was beautiful and clean. Close to the soccer fields we were playing at.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

Would have preferred to be a little closer to Santa Cruz. Pillows not fresh, took some time to clarify not just pillow cases but actual pillows needed replacing. Had to keep asking for extra towels. But each time my requests were always obligingly met , and with very pleasant staff.

Lovely hotel, lovely staff. parking good. Restraurant and food excellent.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

Not being rushed at check out time.

The complimentary flavored water and coffee was a nice gesture. Also the cleanliness and appearance of the hotel overall was very good.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Management not very customer friendly. Also check-in not very good, If you arrive before 4pm, you need to wait in lobby. Don't tell me that there are no rooms clean at 4pm from people that checked out before noon. Also invoices before stay starts and mid of stay without prior notice. Only breakfast buffet. In the past they had a menu

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

WiFi access wasn't as stated on card...I gave up trying. Toilet paper was AWFUL. Paying $300 a nite I would expect nice TP, not scratchy-put-your-finger-thru gas station paper. Bathroom and closet doors were awkwardly placed.

Had an extremely good nite's sleep. Loved the location. Quiet.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

That we could change our payment. I used booking.com before and the hotel in sf let us change cards so I'm not sure why we couldn't at this location.

Beautiful hotel I use to live out there and always wanted to stay there. The rooms were nice and I loved the pool and hot tub.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

• King Room with Balcony - Non-Smoking

Breakfasts (although excellent) are expensive (lunch and dinner are quite reasonable).

Polite staff, clean rooms, quiet night's sleep, great restaurant.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

Swimming pool did not look very clean, our room was not ready on arrival despite being after the agreed check in time. Staff not very friendly, over priced.

Hotel itself is in a nice location but some way out from local attractions. Laundry facility on site was very useful.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

There was no fan in the bathroom. The room smelled of mildew. There was a gross looking stain on our comforter. There was a disturbing dog barking from one of the other rooms. I can see our room had dog damage around the door.

The location was convenient, close enough to Santa Cruz but out of the hussle bussle of downtown. The staff was friendly and the bed was very comfortable. They offered complimentary Starbucks coffee in the lobby and ice cold fruity water.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• King Room - Forest View

The toiletries didn't have any shampoo but 2 hand lotions. We needed to call down for an extra towel. There were only 2 in a room booked for 3 people.

The bed was amazing! We ordered room service and it was good food and brought up quickly. They serve Dr. Pepper!