Reviews of Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza 3 stars

100 Sandoval Street, Santa Fe, NM 87501, USA

#10 of 46 hotels in Santa Fe

Excessive parking costs (how else would you get there??); pool in desperate need of renovation; concierge was less knowledgeable and helpful than the visitors centre; rooms are on the small side especially when traveling with lots of luggage

Great central location; clean facilities;

Very pleasant stay ina lovely older hotel(the pool needs an update). I would absolutely stay there.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

One evening we went into the bar and ordered a light dinner. The bartender was delightful...great personality and the drinks were very good (the wine was overpriced unless you ordered the good house wine which was fine). The chef took forever to prepare a small salad, appetizer and pork sliders...we waited nearly an hour for the food and the bartender wasn't able to speed it up which I felt was out of his control. I felt this was ridiculously slow.

The coffe was good. The breakfast buffet was good...I enjoyed the smoked salmon and eggs. It wasn't a huge buffet, but very good. The wait staff was mostly attentive most days.

Fine (but not staying agian)
    • Deluxe King Room with Pool View

Asked if we could get the fire pit out front lite. Was told yes and he would let us know when. Waited 30 mins and went out front to check and they still weren't lite. Couldn't get a wifi signal in n the room. Asked if they had a better signal. Was told it was my problem and to deal with it. Then wasn't even asked how my stay was.

Unlikely to stay there again due to AC not working.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Windows didn't open and AC didn't work despite repeated calls to front desk and a visit from engineering.

Good bed, nice enough room, great shower. They had coffee out early but also took it away early.

Great location and positive experience at the Hilton.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

I can't say there was anything I disliked.

I liked the ambiance of the hotel plus location was very convenient to the Plaza shops and restaurants. Staff at check in was very professional and helpful. Comfortable rooms and beds. Friendly wait staff in the bar and the restaurant. Good food.

Staff were friendly and willing to go the extra mile to help.

Staff were friendly and willing to go the extra mile to help. The facility was beautiful. We especially appreciated the fireplace in the lobby after shopping the cool evening.

The location is perfect for walking to all the places in...

I would have like to have breakfast included for the price and parking.

The location is perfect for walking to all the places in and around the plaza .

The fan in the bathroom didn't work I called the 1st ...
    • Premium King Room - Pool View

The fan in the bathroom didn't work I called the 1st day still didn't work are 4 days stay. The TV the stations didn't match the channels in the book never got the golf channel, The big problem with the TV was after watching the TV at night the whole screen would go darker I felt like I had glaucoma. I called the front desk problems didn't go away? Last thing I have been in a lot of hotels the thermostat for the room was a joke I had to call two times to the engineer and they said oh we will need to change it to heat then called the next day the had to change it to cooling mode. The last person came to the room and he showed me how to switch from cooling to heating. Myself being in the commercial building trade for 45 years I think that it would be a good idea to have the maintenance dept. regroup

very clean.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Noisy . Could hear conversations in hall. Room much smaller than expected. Whole hotel smelled smokey from fireplace burning. While the smell is very nice ,allergies for both of us were set off.

very clean.

Accommodations were nice, very pretty. But that isn’t the most important thing.
    • King Room with Pool View - Non-Smoking - Allergy Friendly

Read above situations

The breakfast was good but we have always had breakfast comp, due to being honors members. But here the deal, we have stayed at equally or less expensive hotels who serve very nice breakfast for part if cost of your stay. For our kids who have a family $14 per per is not going to get them to stay there again, and we will stay where they stay.

Adequate hotel.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Thin walls. Big gap under door. Doors hard to open because of electronic key and slammed. Very limited room service and no restaurant. Seemed very below standard for Hilton property.

Location was good. Beds comfortable and room clean.

This was the most beautiful, most silent and cleanest hotel...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds and Pool View

My only problem was with Booking.com. I got a confirmation for a room with two full size bed, and pool view. I ordered this type of room for a reason. At the hotel they wanted to sell me a room with only one king bed and street view. They said they were all sold out, they do not have a room with two full beds, and that Booking.com doesn’t actually book certain type of rooms, they only make sure that they book ‘a’ room. I don’t know who was lying, but that was a bad experience as a welcome. (Magically, they just got a cancellation, so, they could give us a room with two full size beds...) So, I recommend calling/emailing the hotel in advance to make sure you get the room you need. Otherwise this was the most beautiful, most silent and cleanest hotel I’ve ever been. I LOVED staying there. Highly recommended!

This was the most beautiful, most silent and cleanest hotel I’ve ever been. I LOVED to stay there. Such a wonderful, magical place, and I didn’t hear or feel any other guests, at all. Extremely clean rooms and bathroom with the best smelling ‘massage’ soap ever. :) Highly recommended!

We would stay with you again.

The room was very dusty, housekeeping could be improved.

Your Concierge, Judy Goldman was EXCELLENT. Your staff at the desk were friendly and helpful.

My stay was quiet and relaxing--I'll stay again.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Complimentary internet was average. I also had a lot of trouble finding the elevator to the lobby. Since I walked into the hallway where my room was located, I figured the lobby was on the same level. It was not; the hotel is on a hill and the lobby was below my floor. Another woman and I wandered a bit and finally found the elevator. More signs are needed indicating where the elevator is.

It was very convenient to the area of Santa Fe I wanted to visit. I also wanted to check out the facility for a trip I will be taking this spring; it met those requirements and more. The staff were great about recommending a place to eat that evening and showed it on the map.

Convenient walk to Santa Fe Plaza

The bed/pillows were super comfortable. A cozy hotel during the holidays. Beautiful and so Santa Fe! Loved the size of this hotel. Not too big, so easy access to room no matter where it is located.

Terrible

Just the overall all stay, we were told that we would have a view of the pool but instead a view of a wall. It seemed like we were given the room no one else would stay in.

We had a outside view of a brick wall, the lay out of the hotel was hard to use. We just didn’t like staying there. We usually stay at the La Fonda, but we wanted to try this hotel and we were not pleased.

4 time staying here- will try something else next time.

Room air conditioning not working and didn’t get fixed during our stay. Also need better toilet paper in restroom.

So convenient to plaza and everything!

Excellent location.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Have to pay for parking on hotel property although it does have "in and out" privileges.

Location is close to Plaza, shops, restaurants, and museums.

It was fine, no frills.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was no bellman to help with the luggage, and the concierge seeing me trying to get through the door with the luggage cart just told me I'd have to maneuver through, she did not even try to help or open the door for me, The front desk person was a little snippy when we were checking in, but he apologized and the concierge even called when we first checked in to apologize for him too. Also, they charged $60 for three nights of parking. We will definitely try another hotel the next time we go.

There was a surprising amount of fruit in the yogurt, granola and fruit breakfast. The room was very clean every day.

The food served in the restaurant was unappetizing and of...

The food served in the restaurant was unappetizing and of very poor quality. Although we wanted to have breakfast at the restaurant every day for convenience, we decided to go to the Eldorado Hotel across the Street. Food and Service there was excellent.

The location is walking distance to the heart of Santa Fe in terms of wining and dining.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Booking.com is not user friendly or intuitive. Would prefer to book directly with hotel services.

The room was on the third floor as we requested and quiet, well appointed, perfect.

Had a lovely time in Santa Fe.
    • Room with Two Double Beds and Bath Tub - Mobility Access

No USB points (3 less expensive hotels before staying at this one all had them). Larger ironing board would be useful. Would be nice to have mirror over table to do make-up. More places to put toiletries in bathroom and towel rail by sink.

Location and building excellent. Enjoyed being round the pool.

We are returning next year to same property because we were treated so well and it is so convenient!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was on the last two days a "smell" in the hallway that was very unpleasant! Don't know what it was, but smelled faintly like sewer oder.

The staff was excellent and so helpful! The location was perfect - close to the plaza, yet far enough away that any plaza noise was inatrusive and hotel/roomwas quiet !

Very disappointing

We booked a room with outside access for our small dog, we arrived at 3:30 pm and was told that they did not have a room available on the 1st floor, but only on the 3rd floor. The check in guy said that they do not have to guarantee any room, just a room. Perfect for a hilton honors member who has stayed in hotels around the world. Then they gave us a room with 2 single or double beds instead of the king that we again, had requested. After a 15 minute discussion, going to the general manager, they finally changed our room to a king. The 2nd day of our 3 day visit to Santa Fe, I received a message from "Terry" who said that we had to move because they do not allow pets on the 3rd floor! I could not make this up!! Needless to say we did not move. The rooms a very noisy, little privacy and overall a very disappointing stay. I would not recommend under any conditions. There are a lot better options in Santa Fe.

Not much

In the Heart of Santa Fe Plaza
    • King Room with Roll In Shower - Mobility/Hearing Accessible

Perfect location, situated in the heart of Santa Fe Historical Plaza Friendly and helpful staff who can address my needs and concerns professionally Clean and spacious rooms

Santa Fe

Pool was dirty , bed was sagging at the middle , room service was ok , we always had missing towels , no soap, no wash cloths ... I had to call , when lady came she only had 1 towel and 1 shampoo, I had to ask her again . Maybe this is hotel policy , but she was very polite.

Location was great , front yard was pleasing , outside look of building , doors , lobby especially look very good . Room was comfortable, bed could've been better . Pool side fire place was good .

The room was one of the best appointed we have been in for a...
    • King Room with Pool View - Non-Smoking - Allergy Friendly

The room was one of the best appointed we have been in for a standard room. The bar staff and culinary staff were friendly and service was top notch.

Hilton Santa Fe!!

A/c was difficult to control.

Breakfast was good. Staff was helpful. It was quiet. Room was spacious. Easy access to room. Close to what we want to do. Parking was nearby with plenty of spaces.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

It was quiet and easy to access.
    • Deluxe King Room with Pool View

I found long hair on my pillow-I have short hair. I called immediately after leaving to report I had forgotten a kindle reader. They said they never found it. It wasn't clear to me when booking that there was a $20/day parking fee.

It was quiet and easy to access. Great location for walking to plaza.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Wonderful Hotel on the Edge of the Historic District

No complaints. The pool was closed for maintenance, but, since it was mid March, I doubt anyone would have anticipated it being used had we not had unusually warm weather in the 70's. The hot tub was great.

I anticipated this hotel (my friends selected it) would have a chain feel to it, but was delight to find out was charming and comfortable with a feel of luxury. Very good location. Definitely a good value.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Our stay was delightful and when we travel I will always stay at a Hilton!!!!

The pillows could of been a little bit softer. Woke up with stiff neck.

The staff was excellent, friendly. Everything was absolutely clean and orderly.

We had 3 dogs and it was perfect.
    • Deluxe King Room with Pool View

We had 3 dogs and it was perfect. Plenty of room and a park across the street to take them. Super close to the plaza. If you have a pet, this is the perfect place to be!

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

Excellent hotel close to the Plaza, with great customer service!

The Hotel is pet friendly but there were no pet stations that could be found.

Staff was extremely friendly and helpful even though they were working on a Holiday. The room was comfortable and updated.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

It almost feels silly to say my favorite part was the bed,...
    • King Room with Roll In Shower - Mobility/Hearing Accessible

It almost feels silly to say my favorite part was the bed, but I'm pretty sure it was the most comfortable hotel. Ed I've ever encountered. It gave my mattress at home a run for its money.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Convenient, Comfortable

Breakfast buffet cost $17. A bit pricy, but very nice selection and good quality. Additional charge for parking. Not free.

Room and bed were both very nice and comfortable. Overall facilities were very modern and up to date. Very close to center park in town, easy access to shops/restaurants. Breakfast buffet was incredible, however, a bit expensive. Concierge was very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Would definitely stay here again.
    • Deluxe King Room with Pool View

The location to the Plaza was great. So convenient to get to every part of town we were interested in seeing, on foot. Seth was great and always had a smile. In fact, all of the staff seemed happy to help you. We had dinner in the restaurant, the food was terrific, the staff very attentive. We had a great experience.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Enjoyable stay, exceptional staff, excellent location
    • Premium Room with Two Double Beds - Pool Front

The carpets were dusty and there was a lot of dust behind the beds and in room corners. The air vents made peculiar noises all night and there was no extraction vent in the bathroom. The in-room coffee was very bitter and there was a shortage of drinking glasses; i.e. we needed a glass to store toothbrushes etc. We tried to recycle towels, as requested, but they were changed anyway.

All the staff we encountered were really terrific, kind, professional, and thoughtful. Liked the size of the bedroom and bathroom and the storage. The hotel's architecture was beautiful.

Amazing city. Crap hotel

We were supposed to have pure air rooms We Didn’t We we’re out on 1st fl rm viewing parking lot

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Shower

Needed light weight blanket and grab bar in shower

Shower

We had an awesome stay. The staff greeted us with excitement and were very helpful.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds and Pool View

Onsite parking was convenient. Our room was very clean.

Proximity to the Plaza and other attractions is great.

Proximity to the Plaza and other attractions is great. Very walkable. Liked having a small fridge in the room. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

The bed was extremely comfortable.

The bed was extremely comfortable.

Beautiful hotel located close to Santa Fe plaza.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Noise levels were a little louder than expected.

The decor was beautiful and the beds/sheets were very comfy.

It was so clean, updated, and beautiful!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was so clean, updated, and beautiful!

Room,service, helpful staff
    • Premium Room with Two Double Beds - Pool Front

I would have liked more menu choices for dinner in the testaurant

Room,service, helpful staff

No one informed me of $19 charge for parking. Very disappointed about that! Loved the hotel/room

Did not ise

Wonderful location, very interesting historic building.

Front desk was short-staffed, had to wait unusually long for assistance.

Wonderful location, very interesting historic building.

Dissatisfied with the noise in the hallway and the flushing of the air charged toilet you can hear
    • Premium Room with Two Double Beds - Pool Front

Extra 20 charge for parking that wasn’t stated until arrival.

Very comfortable bed

Room service bad apple juice was sour sick but the rest of breakfast was very good

Very comfortable bed

Very pleasant.

Fast check in

Loud.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Loud. From midnight drunkards yelling in the hallway to doors slamming at 6am. Awful night. No sleep.

Friendly efficient staff and good level of services.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Cold in the conference room

Atmosphere, rooms

Beautiful hotel right near plaza.
    • King Room with Roll In Shower - Mobility/Hearing Accessible

Our room took awhile to be ready, though we arrived a little early.

Nice fire in the lobby

Close to square

Close to square

Fantastic.

Nothing comes to mind.

Staff was outstanding and attentive.

The Employees, the ambience.

No valet parking

The Employees, the ambience.

LOVED the beds!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

double bed rooms were small for three people

LOVED the beds! very close to shopping/dinning downtown

Great place to stop for a few nights, close to everything
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Great location in the center of town

Great location; quiet, old-fashioned and modestly designed hotel.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Odd set up in the bathroom—no towel racks/bars.

good location and clean, both important!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Service is good and friendly when you get it but it's slow coming...

fruits and food was fresh and well prepared.

Perfect for the family offering double beds, cannot find this easily in Santa Fe.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Loud housekeeping early in the AM.

Love the large hot tub and fireplace outside, perfect for after skiing!

Clean room nice staff

N/a

Clean room nice staff

Good Hotel.

No ice machines. TVs in both rooms had problems Parking was $20 a day at the hotel.

Very nice atmosphere.

Santa Fe

The location was great!

The room was comfortable.

The door on yhe bathroom was off track. The front desk said they would send someone but no one came.

The room was comfortable.

Hot tub and location are great.
    • Premium Room with Two Double Beds - Pool Front

Hot tub and location are great. Perry at the front desk really makes you feel welcome and special.

Great place to stay.
    • King Room with Roll In Shower - Mobility/Hearing Accessible

Only problem was poor lighting in the room.

Great place to stay.

Nice location, easy access.

Too much furniture in the king room....bench sofa could go.

Big shower;easy walking to Santa Fe main plaza.

Room was very comfortable.
    • Premium King Room - Pool View

That we had to pay for parking.

Room was very comfortable. We had two rooms next to each other. The front desk Personnel were terrific.

Enjoyed it

Room was pleasant and well appointed, the staff was friendly and helpful

Good stay overall.

Room we booked was not available when we arrived.

Location is excellent!

Would not stay here again

Need to update bathtub to shower stall.

It was right on the plaza and we had a wonderful time.
    • Premium King Room - Pool View

It was right on the plaza and we had a wonderful time.

Very convenient for restaurants and shops
    • Room with Two Double Beds and Bath Tub - Mobility Access

A bit sterile hotel, nice building but lacked atmosphere

Proximity to historic old town,

• King Room - Non-Smoking - Allergy Friendly

Outlets for charging phones and computers inadequate and not within reach.