Reviews of Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas 4 stars

6333 North Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale, AZ 85250, USA

#35 of 78 hotels in Scottsdale

Disappointing for the price

The bathroom was extremely small. It was not cool in our room even though the thermostat was set at 68. There was a conference going on near our room, very loud. Doors started banging in the hallway at 6:15 am.

Location of the hotel and pool area

We loved it over all and will see you again next year!
    • Deluxe Two-Bedroom Villa

Pool service was really slow on Saturday, massage Todd was odd, as was the day time driver Butch.

Breakfast was great. Rooms larger than expected. Steakhouse on property was awesome. Also convenient shopping and restaurants near by.

Great staff!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds with Pool View

Paid upgrade for patio room- doesn't really have a patio and doesn't have access to pool

Great staff! We look forward to seeing Kelly every year.

Most enjoyable stay
    • Deluxe Two-Bedroom Villa

We stayed in a two bedroom apartment, and the o my thing I would say is that the pool that the apartments use is quite small. It's lovely, but quite small for a lot of people. The hotel's main pool is lovely and big though.

It was a fabulous hotel and our two bedroom suite was amazing. There was so much space in the living/dining room. We didn't use the kitchen facilities, but if we'd stayed longer we definitely would have. Great breakfast too with omelettes made to order.

Overall, a nice place.

The room was warm and the air conditioner wasn't cooling enough. We called down to the front desk. They brought us a fan. The fan helped.

The place is nice. The staff is wonderful! Comfy bed. In a great location. The free shuttle is a big plus. Thank you.

Great experience!
    • Deluxe Double Room

Only wish was that the outside pool bar would have been open on the Saturday we were there.

Customer service was great and I loved the coffee in the lobby. Beds were comfortable and the room was clean.

My stay was sufficient at the time.
    • King Room and Pool View

The furniture was a little dated. Since this is a family resort the pool was mostly in use by children or teenagers. The charge for use of refrigerator or microwave.

The location. Also nice pool area.

I am a Hilton honor member and usually have a good experience. This stay was very poor
    • Deluxe Two-Bedroom Villa

Staff was not helpful from check in to checkout. No introduction of the building or hotel services available were provided. I had to call the front office for Maintenance request three times during on two day stayed. The first time was because the tv did not work in one room, the second time was to fix toilet and shower knob. The third time was in the evening after dinner. Our daughter walked into her bathroom and saw a sewer roach crawling on her bathroom sink. I called the front desk and was told there was nothing they could do because it was too late in the evening. Our daughter could not sleep in her bedroom and therefore had to sleep in the living room. What a waste of money. I am a Hilton honor member and was very disappointed. Not a good “Father Day “ weekend.

The size of the room space was very good. The area was quite.

VERY loud, my room was right next to the cleaning staff and...
    • Deluxe Double Room

VERY loud, my room was right next to the cleaning staff and they would slam the doors constantly which would rattle my room at all hours. It wasn’t pleasant. The walls are old and would make unbearable creaking noises that were too loud to ignore and would wake us up at all hours

Beautiful hotel, great pool n poolside bar with great bartenders. Definitely goin back.
    • Deluxe Two-Bedroom Villa

Staff at front desk were kind of annoyed when we requested to be moved from the villas to the hotel because we wanted to be near the pool, the bar, the crowd, etc. Our request was met but staff was a bit annoyed

if only i was not jetlagged , i will only stay for a night only
    • Deluxe Two-Bedroom Villa

The checkout lady was very rude .. I believe their Standard Operating Procedure is NOT Standard at all .. Some staffs are giving information that didnot valued by other staffs

Location wise ..

The stay was excellent and I would base my next trip to the area out of your hotel.
    • Deluxe Double Room

There isn't one complaint. The only glitch was that the refrigerator in the room wasn't cold enough and one was delivered within 10 minutes of calling the front desk.

The resort was beautiful. The employees/staff were accommodating in every regard. The room was clean, nicely appointed and all amenities that one would expect were there. The beds were comfortable, bathroom very clean and location perfect as we were meeting people in various surrounding areas. The restaurant/cafe area was very pleasant and the breakfasts were wonderful; fresh and nicely prepared and presented. The cafe staff were over the top.

Fun and relaxing
    • Deluxe Two-Bedroom Villa

The “spa” facilities were very basic. We booed massages and for the prices we expected spa like facilities but there were non. Just a non-working old dirty sauna in the changing rooms of a very jaded gym. But the massage ladies made up for it.

Staff were great. The villas were perfect as we had 2 kids with us. Although a little fat from the main pool

Location was great near several restaurants, and...

Location was great near several restaurants, and pool/jacuzzi was very clean. We stayed in 2 bedroom villa and had full kitchen, laundry, and very large living room area. This place was fantastic!!

Scottsdale get away.
    • Deluxe Double Room

I didn't get to explore the whole property. What I did see I had nothing negative to say. Very clean and welcoming.

It was a beautiful property. Very clean and pleasant. I felt very at ease with my first impression.

Nice “resort”, but not worth the money due to bloated prices on everything else.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds with Pool View

Our first night stay was moved to another resort, we were told, due to water damage. Weird that they fixed it in one 24 hour period. This meant we could not relax our first day, as we had to move rooms the next day, from one resort to the next. The staff allowed patrons to reserve the pool lounge chairs, instead of first come first serve. The bar and food prices were double of what it should’ve been.

Beds were comfortable. The pool was clean, and did not get too busy. The staf was friendly and tried to help when able.

Lovely, the hotel is put together very well.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Lovely, the hotel is put together very well. Easy access to everything beds were exceptional . 1 breakfast was very good and exactly as requested

A bit expensive for what you get—but Scottsdale in spring may just be overpriced
    • Deluxe Double Room

Hotel promises shuttle to old town. Not available 3 out of 4 times we tried to take it. Pool bar/dining service terrible and food mediocre

Bed comfortable. Good location

Enjoyed our stay
    • King Room Suite

Bathroom was too small

Hotel was very clean and convenient to everything we were in the area for. Staff was kind and courteous. Fleming steakhouse was an excellent dining experience.

wonderful time.

wonderful time. the staff were excellent and friendly. keli (at the bar) we fell in love with and had a terrific time getting to know and talk to. she is a great part of this trip. we also were helped alot by the concerge (margaret i believe ).

The villa was huge and so perfect for our girls trip getaway!
    • Deluxe Two-Bedroom Villa

The villa was huge and so perfect for our girls trip getaway! We loved it. And the location right in Scottsdale near food and Fashion Square was perfect.

Room was good, well heated and quiet.

Very basic breakfast - paper plates and plastic cutlery, poor range of food. Hotel doesn't have a liquor licence. reception staff were more interested in discussing their personal life than helping the customer.

Room was good, well heated and quiet. WiFi had amazing range and signal strength. Nice fitness centre, and very close to great hiking trails.

Recommend the 2 bedroom Villa, so much space and the location is excellent!
    • Deluxe Two-Bedroom Villa

The sofa bed not comfortable, but that is not why I chose the Villa. The Villa did not have much natural lighting, building a bit out dated but then again nothing to complain about.

Great beds, loved the amount of space we had in the 2 bedroom Villa. Room service food was good. Loved mostly the fact that you could walk literally close to several excellent restaurants and several shops. Nice, quiet and clean.

Great vacation!
    • Deluxe Two-Bedroom Villa

This is more a comment about the tours booked through the concierge. The tour to the Grand Canyon at $160 is a big "rip off". Rent a car with friends or new acquaintances and drive up for yourself. The shopping is great in Old Town Scottsdale and Sedona. Check out "My Sister's Closet" across the street behind Trader Joe's for the best bargains on clothes, shoes and accessories. Enjoy your stay!!!

Availability of hotel shuttle within 3 mile radius of the hotel. Variety of very good restaurants within walking distance of the resort. Bellman were especially helpful.

overpriced for what you get. would never stay here again.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Very loud all night. Could hear the people above me walking around. Very basic accommodations. No water in room--not even to buy--and the tap water was terrible.

Could Nt Have Been Better!
    • Deluxe Double Room

It would be nice to have a breakfast included for the price. Also, they should offer an airport shuttle, even if there's a nominal fee for it.

It was perfect for me, as I was attending a series of wedding activities Friday through Saturday night. The hotel was perfectly located for all the activities and the shuttle was very convenient. The staff were awesome.

It was not a good stay.

Sorry see above.

The beds were very uncomfortable and noisy. Getting meals was a big issue. Breakfast was always a 45 min. Ordeal, and a snack or drink by the pool was a very long time. Staff was grumpy due to being understaffed in almost every area from the restaurant to the gym. I was so disappointed in this Hilton property and we all agreed would not stay again.

The grounds were kept very groomed and the villa was...
    • Deluxe Two-Bedroom Villa

Next to no lawn landscape for a pet to go potty. Landscape 99% rock. The kitchen was confirmed by staff to be "fully stocked". There was very minimal kitchen supplies.

The grounds were kept very groomed and the villa was beautifully decorated.

Great stay.
    • Deluxe Two-Bedroom Villa

The tv remotes were not capable of using all the features of the TVs. Other than that nothing was wrong.

The villa was a great space with the comfort of home.

dissatisfied
    • Deluxe Double Room

it was noisey upstairs, and had to change rooms because air conditioner quit working. felt like to new room was a step down. should have been an upgrade.

Price wise, it was worth it.
    • King Room Poolside

The pool area was nice, but the trees block the sun. Mid-afternoon, almost the entire pool area was in the shade. I would prefer to have some sun. Service at breakfast was slow. They were friendly, but slow.

Very friendly and accommodating staff. Very clean. Easy to park.

Not worth the price and didn't meet expectations
    • Deluxe Double Room

Pictures online definitely were not the same. Was expecting a bath sperated from a shower in the rr. Also put it in the request when I booked it. If they knew there were no bath rooms why wouldn't they call and confirm with me. This was the only reason we booked this location. Also not happy with what I paid for just one night.

When we asked about switching rooms it wasn't a argument it was just done. Was able to check in earlier than 4pm

This stay was terrible, staying in Scottsdale I expected more.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Half of our rooms outlets went out during the night. Leaving us with dead cell phones. Also having to wash my face in the dark (because the lights went out in the bathroom) with my phones flash as an only source for light was the cherry on top. Very disappointed and when I brought this to there attention they acted as if this happened often and implied as if we were to blame. Very disappointed. If I could choose the star rating myself (wich I can't) I would give it 1 star, and that's being generous.

The fact that they had my card on file, but did not charge until I checked out was nice. Usually they charge and place a $50 hold, that was not the case with this particular place.

Staff was extremely friendly and attentive to needs.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Pool Side

Staff was extremely friendly and attentive to needs. Bellman drove us to old town and gave us some great recommendations and then picked us up within 5 minutes of calling.

Over all it was a good stay. Everything is alittle pricey but the hotel is nice i love the restrom
    • Deluxe Double Room

There was drunk people that werent from the hotel. They made a scene and tried to involve my fiance and brother in law. Its a funny story but if my kids where there they would have gotten scared.

Great staff… Very accommodating!
    • Deluxe Double Room

There was a "cooler" in the room rather than a refrigerator. They said a refrigerator would be available upon request but it just seemed like a pain w such a short stay.

The manager on duty was accommodating with our requests.

Rooms need to be updated
    • Deluxe Double Room

Hotel corridors smelled of smoke, bath fan and fridge didn't work, they need fruits in the fitness center as well, they don't enforce their pool rules. Several people were drinking in the pool using glass bottles and glasses. Several women brought bottles of wines, bottles of beers and wine glasses into the pool area. Front desk said that security will be coming to get those out, nobody ever came. Place needs to be updated. Room looks similar to a Days Inn. Very disappointed

Location is good.

I was easily accommodated the upgrade to pool side which I...
    • King Room and Pool View

I tried the breakfast buffet on Sunday morning and it was cold, tad disappointing when it cost me almost $25 not including tip.

I was easily accommodated the upgrade to pool side which I loved.

Outstanding staff member Matt - thank you!
    • Deluxe Double Room

There was one staff person working in the morning at the front desk - his name is Matt. He was the employee that greeted us with a bright smile, patience, and care. He helped us after a sleepless night and a cancelled flight. We really appreciate Matt's good work and gracious personality while dealing with us, so tired and confused. We hope Hilton understands the quality employee they have. Thank you Matt for your care and generous spirit while working with tired and stressed travelers!

Great stay for your get away weekend
    • Deluxe Two-Bedroom Villa

I requested an additional bed & never got it or a response as to why it was not provided. I called ahead 3-4 days to inform them that I'd be bringing my puppy as we couldn't kennel her & they almost didn't charge us had I not asked if it had been added to the final price quote.

Everything. It was an incredible stay for my husband's bday weekend. We went to the river about 20-30 min away & has an absolute blast.

Will not be be first choice again.
    • King Room Suite

Free WiFi would have been nice. Breakfast and afternoon coffee were pricey. Furnishings are beginning to show their age. Room ceiling in need of paint. Expected a larger bath in a king suite.

Convenient fridge in room. Bed was comfortable, robes in rooms. Grounds are beautiful.

Best bang for your buck!!!!
    • Deluxe Double Room

The staff were excellent!!! So friendly and helpful. The Hilton offers free transportation within 3 miles of the hotel (drop off and pick up) which saved a ton of money on Uber's. There is always fresh fruit and bottle water in the lobby and a coffee bar in the morning- all for free!

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

The pools staff, the pool, the water and fresh apples
    • Deluxe Double Room

Our room was not available the first night. They did take us to another hotel and paid for our night

The pools staff, the pool, the water and fresh apples

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Very average stay for $400/night
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Pool Side

Certainly not queen beds as advertised. Also paid extra for poolside room with no access to the pool? Pool closing at 10pm on weekends?

Staff was wonderful, especially Vinny.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

Overpaid....
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds with Pool View

The noise in the (late) evening: in the hallway, in the rooms next door, at the pool etc. The bathroom is too small and the rooms are not 'up to date' anymore. The hotel needs refurbs and especially better isolation. This state is not worth the price.

The lady at the reception that was of great help to find my purse.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

Having arrived from a hotel in Sedona where the customer...
    • Deluxe Double Room

Having arrived from a hotel in Sedona where the customer service was outstanding, the initial impression of the front desk at Hilton made me question my choice. Very much a "could care less" attitude.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Comfortable and quiet
    • King Room and Pool View

Having to pay for wifi. Breakfast request was confusing, was nearly charged double. Room service bought the food cold

Pool, Room Comfortable bed Easy lay out of hotel, not far from room to pool

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

In this day and age, Wifi should be free. Door to bathroom should open toward the room, not into the bathroom. Made the bathroom tight. I would also agree I would expect to pay less than $200 for a room like the one we stayed in. I know it is high season, but for a second floor room with a window on N Scottsdale Rd., $250 is pricey. If you want a quiet room, ask for a room without a window to the street.

Beds comfortable. Gym was really nice. The spa was ok; not a lot of people could be there at the same time.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

Great experience
    • Deluxe Two-Bedroom Villa

Staff and villa were great... only issue was it needed some repair. The door was difficult to open. Once you scanned your key you had to lift the door to get it to open- stuck pretty bad. Same issue with the doors to the in room washer/ dryer. Little bit of mildew on the side of master bath tile. Beds were not the most comfortable- tolerable.

Great staff- loved the room, location and space at the Villa. Another bonus- being able to book a rental car on site- drop off and shuttle to airport curb side check in was phenomenal. Would definitely book again when returning to visit family.

• Reviewed: 25 November 2016

Disappointed

The aircon came on and off all night. There were many parties at the hotel this weekend and it was very very noisy. There were no refrigerators in the room only a wine cooler. For those on a long journey with travel food I found this poor and we had to discard our food as it could not be stored. In general I found this Hilton certainly fell below standard. It was not unpleasant simply not good value for money. I have since not booked any further Hilton Hotels which is a shame as we travel weekly. The last 2 Hiltons I have stayed in have been below par and have cost me significant money with low value.

The bed was large and comfortable

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Staff were helpful and friendly.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Staff were helpful and friendly. Facilities and amenities were good. The accommodation allowed for an early check-in which was very much appreciated after a long day of travelling. Location across the street from a Trader Joe's was welcomed.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

We stayed on main level, pool side.
    • King Room Poolside

A little old. Very small room and bathroom. Walls are not soundproof at all.

We stayed on main level, pool side. Room was very small. No direct access from room to pool but we were in aboutnthe best location for pool access otherwise. We enjoyed use of free shuttle to Old Town (anywhere within 3 miles). Pool was very nice.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

All and all good property. Staff is very friendly and accommodating.
    • Deluxe Two-Bedroom Villa

The shuttle service needs some organization from not answering the phone due to being out on run to scheduling. Car service should be used for transportation off-site. First come first serve is not very functional when dropped for shopping or dining and waiting to come back to property. Golf carts should be used on property. Roaming golf carts to pick up while walking from villas to main building would be nice. Several nights room service dishes from other rooms (we did not order room service) were left outside overnight...I'm sure this promotes unwanted critters. The coffee pot in the kitchen could be replaced. No instructions had us with coffee all over the place and a waste of coffee grounds.

The villas were very comfortable. Liked having 2 bathrooms for 2 bedrooms. The overall ambience of the property was welcoming. AC in the unit worked great! Liked the proximity to restaurants/shopping within walking distance.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Clean, great location.

The pool was ice cold!! When the website says heated pool I guess I expect it to be heated. We book hotels based on pools so we know to only book this one during the summer. Bummer!

Clean, great location.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Fawt friendly check in excellent service

Nothing eveything was great

Loved the room!! It was spacious and clean

Always enjoy this resort

Pool/bar breakfast

5.5
    The location is good the sheets were dirty and I had allergies when am in the room

The sheet were Dirty

Staff very friendly and helpful

High price of Daquari.

Staff very friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

The pool was great, and very beautiful.

The pool was great, and very beautiful. The bed was very comfortable.

Lovely

Lovely

Ant problem.

Nice upgrade

Upgraded me into a suite! Unexpected and beautiful!

The rooms are large and the clean

The rooms are large and the clean

Staff was super friendly and helpful. Room was spacious and clean!
    • Deluxe Double Room

Nothing. Our stay was perfect!

Room was very spacious, and clean.

A Little R&R Close To Home

NA

What a great staycation! Had an amazing time! Thank you

Fun trip
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds with Pool View

Size of beds, and size of bathroom

Amenities, restaurants close by

Overall relaxing getaway
    • King Room Poolside

Poolside not what I expected!

Manager went out of her way to make it better.. Thanks Helia

Would stay again.

Villa pool was small.

Very large, clean and in perfect location. Free parking!

The staff was really helpful and friendly.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds with Pool View

The staff was really helpful and friendly.

Had a great time, i wish we could of stayed longer.

I loved everything about it, it was easy to book, the hotel was beautiful, clean and the staff super friendly.

A great Stay-Cation! Would do it again
    • Deluxe Two-Bedroom Villa

Excellent Bloddy Mary's Poolside!

Bad night sleep

All night there was someone working on the ac and it was loud the whole time. Didn’t sleep. Sucked. Pissed

Good foods.
    • King Room - Disability Access

Good foods.

It was a family reunion.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Overpriced for what we were expecting... Tiny bathrooms, old carpets, overpriced food and meh....

We had a great trip and would stay at this property again.
    • Deluxe Two-Bedroom Villa

That I couldn’t stay longer.

The beds are very comfortable and the room was very clean:)