Reviews of Hilton Seattle 4 stars

1301 6th Avenue, Seattle Central Business District, Seattle, WA 98101-2304, USA

#64 of 89 hotels in Seattle

5.7

The air conditioner didn’t work in our room , it was hot and stuffy in the room we couldn’t sleep we called the lobby and the gentleman who answered told my husband,what do you want me to do about it ,in a nasty way , he told us to open our windows which we did but the noise from the cars and sirens kept us up all night , it was miserable, worst night I ever experienced in a hotel , I was very disappointed

It was walking distance to everything

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The food menu could be updated with the correct prices and what is actually available on the menu. Did not report it, but you should check to see if there are bed bugs. The rooms and bathroom could use upgrading.

Location was good.

Gym is on the first floor. Waiting time for elevators is way too long. Very small bathroom. Outdated and very noisy air-conditioner. Always running fan in the bathroom. Absence of light in room's corridor.

Location is great.

For the price, my room did not meet my expectations. I booked a king size bed but they gave me two queen beds. The bathroom was tiny and was not completely clean, there were still crumbs of who knows what on the floor and hairs in the bathroom. Definitely not worth the price

The bed was super comfy and breakfast had plenty of options

Room was small.

Room was small but comfy. I took the room on the executive floor so the free breakfast was a nice bonus. The breakfast was good. And the happy hour in the evening was great too. Nice views from the room and the lounge

• Executive Floor Double Room with Two Double Beds

Expensive. Was expecting a different room, booking.com has to change their wording. Booked a booked a double room with double beds and this hotel does not have such a room.

Comfortable and clean

• Executive Floor Double Room with Two Double Beds

The Hilton hotel was way over priced for what you get, and the surprise $45 a day parking was a last minute unexpected kick in the wallet, it puts on a facade of a nice fancy hotrl and it is lackluster,two nights $600 and $90 for parking and $100 security deposit wow.

It was close to the Convention center and all the staff was friendly.

I feel the breakfast buffet should be included in the price of my stay as I feel without a pool or spa and paying so much for parking I should receive a breakfast I the total cost.

I always enjoy my visits at the Hilton in Seattle. It's a great location with great staff!

• King Room - Disability Access

One elevator broken and had to wait forever for the elevator. Location and trying to get to convention center was confusing. Escalator didnt work

Bed was wonderful!!

The staff. They couldn't find our booking on the computer and almost charged us more than what we had in our email and then ended up charging us four times. It was horrible

Rooms were nice and clean

Everything from the initial greeting at reception made our stay the worst I’ve ever had. The concierge was unhelpful and not friendly. She told us the wifi was not complementary but didn’t inform us we could get free wifi but signing up for free to the member program. This was a Christmas present to my mum who was visiting from Australia and I said that when making my booking but there was no mention of it at checkin and then we were put in a room with only a view of a roof. When we went to enter our room the door was open and there was a guy in our room. He said he was there for the renovations which we found quite strange and unprofessional. This made us feel a bit unsafe in our room. The room was extremely dated, nothing like the photos. Some of the power sockets didn’t work and you could hear the people in the room next door. There was a letter from the manager which we didn’t find until the next day, hidden in a draw, apologizing for the condition of the room and they were about to start renovations. We also spoke to the manager on checkout who apologized in person and offered us breakfast but it was too late at that stage. Highly disappointed for the money I paid and my mums Christmas present was a complete disaster.

The location was the only good thing

I was staying with my sons for a birthday celebration. I was delayed several hours and one son got to the hotel early. Staff were not knowledeable about tje.process of having him check in without me and getting info was like pulling hen's teeth. It literally took hours and a half dozen emails and even more phone calls to fi ally get the birthday boy into the room! We were pretty aggravated and concerned about missing our concert, and the staff ignorance was a large part of my getting there late enough that were late to the concert and had to wait 20 minutes to get seated. We also had to eat dinner after the concert and two of us hadn't had a chance to eat all day. Staff must be proactively trained on such quotidian processes, and if they don't know something they should immediately turn the call over to someone who does. Even once I got to someone who knew, they did not provide complete I formation up front. A huge amount of our time was spent on this process, which stressed us all out. Also, I don't think it's too much to ask to have one pet-friendly side of one floor.

The hotel was within walking distance of everything we wanted to do and the beds were very comfy.

Hotel room was dirty and has cobwebs EVERYWHERE!! The 45.00 parking charge for a 300.00 plain room was shocking to say the least. I will never stay there again.

Walking up a hill from every direction to get to this hotel. Very hard for an older person with breathing difficulties. Seattle is a very walkable city. The hardest thing was the last walk up the hill at end of day. Kept me from going back out in the evening.

I slept well. Air in room was good. Having a fridge in room instead of the mini bar was awesome.

There is no pool in the hotel (at least we couldn't find it, and the stuff said "they doubt there is an on-site pool"), so the info at booking.com is confusing. Also, the hotel proposed to pay $45 for parking, but finally we refused and just payed directly in the garage downstairs and spent $17 (huge difference!). This is clearly cheating.

Lobby awkward. No Windows in lobby or dinning or bar area. Did not like that at all.reception area award to get to. No check in area for cars. A hassle to access so-fi. We,'re not told of brat available to members or happy hour.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bed not really nice.

All the front office very nice and always smile to welcome you. I had booked for 2 night but my flight was canceled and I flight the next day. I call the hotel and they can adjust me for only 1 night. Appreciate for their understanding.

The room was literally falling apart and was so full of mold we got sick. We had to move rooms three times in two days. Staff was surly whenever we spoke to them. Terrible experience!

Nothing at all.

• King Room - Disability Access

We had noisy neighbours who kept us awake late night and early morning. Unfortunately the interleading doors between the rooms are far from soundproof.

Almost impossible to find parking for the night outside, hotel charges you $45 for the on-site one.

Great location, great downtown views from the window, comfortable room

My room clock was an hour off and needed a call to staff to reset. My attempts to reach the front desk and wake up call service were met with repeated busy signals. The guest chair was small and uncomforable and set up on the wrong side of the room. The TV was hard to program and search for content.

Great location welcoming and responsive staff.

Too noisy. The windows should be at least double (or, even better, triple) gazing, to avoid the noise from the streets and highway near-by. In addition, the room door is not sound-proof (we can see the light from the corridor all around it) and we can hear the noise from the corridor (so annoying!). In the bathroom, I would have appreciated a shower hose. I didn't like that the hotel took a 200$ warranty from my credit card for 4 nights (50$/night) at check-in. The price per night is high for what we get. I thought Hilton had higher standard. The worst: I had to pay 10.95$ per day for internet (only because I am not a frequent traveler on Booking website, or an Hilton honour member, or did not book my stay from Hilton's website). Having to pay for internet nowadays is unacceptable nowadays and such a high price, that's daylight robbery!

It was clean and well equipped. I appreciated the small fridge, even if noisy. The heating worked well (noisy too). I would recommend to shut it down for the night. The bed was comfortable. The staff was rather nice and helpful.

NOISY! You can hear background noises from the street, it’s like when you have the windows open but there’s no windows that could be opened in this case! Walls are thing. We had neighbors chatting and laughing around 2:30am and we could hear everything!

Location. Also when we first arrived they couldn’t find my reservation, but staff where efficient in solving the problem together with help of Customer Services of Booking.

I didn’t like the fact that I have to sign up everytime for Wifi. And My mom can’t use the wifi in the hotel as well , so she wasn’t able to check her emails and message her friends in seattle.

Location was perfect since it’s only walking distance to everything I want my mom to see. Comfy beds!

The room was pretty small and a long shape. The shower wasn’t updated. No fan. We left an electric toothbrush. We called a couple times and it was found. I asked if they could send it (we’re 2 states away) Caroline asked how I wanted to pay for it. I thought Hilton would help out their Hilton Honors guests, knowing we will likely be back. That wasn’t the case, she said many people leave things & it would be too much to send everything free. At least we got it back but wasn’t a warm fuzzy encounter.

. The bed was super comfortable.

Our room heater was broken the first night. Our room for quite chilly. The elevators were not all working. 1 or 2 of the bank of 3 worked. It made for looking waits.

A slight view of the Sound.

• Executive Floor King Room

The value was terrible. Staff said we qualified for free breakfast and happy hour only to find out our key card wouldn't get us to the dining floor. When questioned they said you actually had to be a diamond member. Had to be an honor member to have WiFi. For the price the facilities were average at best. I will not be staying at this hotel again.

Good location if you want to be downtown.

• King Room - Disability Access

It is absurd in my opinion to charge over 10$ a day for WiFi. No other hotel I have stayed at over the past years has had such a policy. Does Hilton really wish to look stone-age?

That we couldn’t stay longer.

The staff was great! We had a guest from Holland who has never seen a “big city” before, I called and asked for a room with a view...they gave us the top floor!!!

There was 1 elevator available for the hotel the entire time we were there! The wait time was ridiculous and taking the stairs up 16 flights was not an option. So disappointed in the lack of customer care- especially since on our last day, the hotel had a sign next to the elevator suggesting to use the stairs to get our 10000 steps in. Not very professional and a bit insulting.

The pillows were very comfortable.

2 out of 3 of the elevators were broken so spent a lot of time waiting for an elevator, room service food wasn't good, and there was no minibar. There was a broken fan in the room that was on whether you wanted it to be or not. All the buttons were broken off.

The bed and pillows were comfortable

The fact they charge you 45$ to park on a Sunday even though you just paid. 250 $ to stay there. At least a discount would be nice.

Breakfast was great, very relaxing and mello and great choices for most part.

We were celebrating my husband's birthday. The person checking us in had a complimentary bottle of wine and chocolates sent to our room! The Hilton was walking distance to everything.

Bathroom was very small. I had an HHonors number, but was told it expired. I was told I could renew but was offered no assistance. I had only booked this hotel because of previous HHonors experiences.

Location was good.

Although the elevator is super fast, you must quickly use your room key to get the floor you want.... and if you are not fast enough, you will suffer.

Loved the big bay window that even offered a peek of the harbor.... and the windows open!

For the money we spent, we would expect free WiFi and complimentary water bottles and toothbrush. A lot of hotels offer those. Should've done my research better but was a disappointing stay.

• King Room with City View - Disability Access

I thought the Hilton Seattle was very tired and dated , the property needs a complete overhaul . Stayed on the 21 st floor , room seemed dated and bathroom was old , had to leave shower on for 5 mins before it got hot . Very overpriced Hilton , they Gave us free wifi which should be free anyway .

• One King Bed Executive Floor

The door to the room didn't fit very well in its frame, so there was a line of very bright hallway light seeping through all the way around inhibiting a dark environment for sleep. The bathroom renovation was slightly shabby The air circulation fan and A/C were very noisy

Friendly front office reception staff The view from the executive lounge during happy hour The signage in the bathtub enclosure with instructions on how to operate the shower The comfortable bed

• King Room with City View - Disability Access

Floor lamp, broken and leaning against wall and would not light. Television screen tv programs did not match what the room brochure showed. Lobby and so-called restaurant area look like a Greyhound bus station, very disappointed. Not to the standards we expected of a Hilton hotel. Room card for the elevator didn't work properly and was exchanged for one that did work. Redtree restaurant is a misnomer, it is more like a coffee bar, certainly not a place to relax, enjoy drinks and food or with a friend or business associate. We were unfamiliar with Seattle Hotels and unfortunately selected a One-Star and we had thought were were going to a Four-Star.

The king-size bed was comfortable. The bed pillows were soft. Location is good, well within walking distance to restaurants, shops, tourist sites of Seattle. Availability of taxis was nice.

I do not have any complaints

The parking was very convenient. It was easy to get on the freeway from the hotel. The staff were excellent and the food was very good.

• King Room with City View - Disability Access

Only hand towels in our room. When I ask for towels we were only given one bath towel. Shower was a very slow stream. Hardly able to get wet so I used the hand towels.

Only double beds..

Great location..close to Pike Market. Little over 1 mile to Space Needle. Staff was very nice! Executive floor was great for breakfast and evening snacks (including beer and wine!)

The Hilton Seattle needs a face lift. It feels old and tired. The restaurant has a weird vibe...I didn't even know it was a restaurant! Very cold feel to it-unattractive. You were out of many food selections...it's almost as if offering food was a second thought for you. You can do better-seriously.

The bed was nice and comfy.

• King Room with City View - Disability Access

I feel like parking should have been included. And we got charged $5 each for 2 bottles of water that one would assume we're complimentary.

Super comfy bed. Secure parking. Convenient location.

• King Room with City View - Disability Access

It took 2 hours to get a roll-away bed for our third person. Didn't get it til 11:30pm. Also didn't know it was $45.00 a night for parking. Would've made different arrangements if we had known.

• Executive Floor King Room

Upon check in, they tried to get me to take a Lower room. I decided to wait, we were going to check the bag with the valet. After 10 minutes we just carried the bags around. Went into the bar, on server who ignored us for a good 15 minutes. Someone else came by and asked if we needed help. We went and got our own menus. After that, all of our other service was great.

Location is great for downtown Seattle!

Front desk was super rude, tub drain was broken, found a half drank bottle of water left in my room upon arrival, mold in the shower, wallpaper peeling off, had to call room service 3 times before I could get an answer. price of the room was extremely high I expected way better service for the price.

The concierge guys were super friendly and helpful. The views were excellent!!

Found it disappointing that all of the room rates were inflated because of the Blue Jays being in town. We used to be able to afford a few nights stay, now can only stay for one.

Location was great for the Seattle downtown area. Everything was within walking distance.

For the price of the room for the night the parking fee and breakfast should be included. Room definitely was not worth almost $600 Canadian for one night.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

The room size was small to be called a king-size, the interiors were a bit old. The room had a bad view and lacked provision for natural lighting during the day.

It is located in Seattle Business District, so work location was close and had good options to eat out.

• Executive Floor Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast at the lobby isn't complimentary which was confusing. But the staff explained and took the charge off the bill.

The location is great, safe and close to pike place market. staff is very friendly and attentive. Both complimentary breakfast and buffet breakfast are good.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

• Executive Floor Double Room with Two Double Beds

The top floor breakfast was terrible. The pasties were stale and the fruit hard and tasteless. The hotels was difficult to spot since the sign is so small. My friend who was picking me up later, was unable to find it, even though she was directly out front. It was very confusing where I was suppose to park. There was no sign out front of the parking garage stating that hotel guests were to pull in there.

The staff were very friendly.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

• King Room with City View - Disability Access

The bathroom was so small it was difficult to close the door behind yourself. Also, my final invoice was different from the price I was quoted and I had to call to dispute.

The bed was comfortable.

The hotel was ok but the parking was $45 a night. Our room looked out on an air duct and the bathrooms were tiny. Parking lot had a guy blaring gangster rap with his engine running and smoking weed. Choose to move our car for safety.

Bed was comfortable and staff. Nice

Parking at the hotel was $45 for over nite. My 5 days here, at that price I could have payed for another nites stay. They also charge $11 per day for internet service. Good thing my phone allows me to have a hotspot so I could use it for wifi I'd think real hard about coming back to this hotel

Location was great for walking to various sites i.e. The pike market , shopping etc Staff was nice

With 5 start service i must pay for breakfast with 21$/ adult.. that's is the bad thing with the 5start hotel , I went a lot of 4 to 5 start hotel in Asia no pay anything with out this thing !!!

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

No queen size beds. They need new mattresses or at least memory fome on top for their old, hard mattresses, and parking was a nightmare. Restaurant looked like an Ikea ad and their computers were located in the same place, making it feel more like a student union center instead of a high class restaurant. Food was mediocre and over priced. Towel rack fell off the wall when I tried to hang up a dry towel. They stuffed two double beds in a space meant for one bed. Honestly, I've been at Comfort Inns that were more attractive and had better restaurants than this Hilton. Overall we were disappointed but we tried not to focus on the discomfort and made the best of the Seattle, which we loved. Keep looking if you want quality, it's not at this Hilton. If you hadn't asked I wouldn't have complained but you asked me, so there you go. Just so you know, I would rate this about a 1 or less, but for whatever reason this program was generous and gave it a 3.3. Don't believe it.

friendly waitress

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Fridge? Yep. Coffee maker? Yep. Microwave? Nope!! I would have liked a microwave in the room. We were put on the 14th floor with a view of the roof and adjacent hotel.$200 with a view of the roof?! The heater is ancient too. We drove past 4 times before seeing the "Hilton" sign. Poor markings...

The bed was comfortable. Hot water was actually HOT! The complimentary toiletries were top of the line.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Wi-Fi was NOT free and it cost $45 overnight to park on the property to stay in the hotel!?!?! It makes sense why the room was listed on the web as 59% off for the night. Also, cleaning staff knocked on the door twice 2 hours before check out time.

Clean, bed and pillows were perfect!

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

Our room was not clean when we got in it. Coffee cups & empty creamers. Had to wait for them to come up and take care of it before going to bed. Room was right next to the elevator. Would be nice if they tell you that when you book so you can change if that's all available. Parking prices in their garage are outrageous! We parked a few blocks away on the street for free.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

Was charged twice on my c.c and so was my husband. They did provide us with free VIP passes to helo compensate for their mess up. Iam still waiting for the 189.00 x 2 to clear off my c.c.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

The hotel was a little run down and I can't believe parking was $45, that's the most I've paid for hotel parking.

The bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

I didn't like how three of the female staff members didn't know what the actual price of parking was so they assumed it was $8 to $12 my friend was automatically charged $45 the next day and we were not happy, be careful where you park Soma parking garages will rip you off and cheat you of your money!

I like the view I had in the room I received, I also love the bed as well very comfortable for one night stay.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

• Executive Floor Double Room with Two Double Beds

Rooms a bit larger. A nicer view than the freeway, so when booking a room ask for a view of the city and not the freeway. Parking was expensive so only take one car.

The executive rooms were so nice, and beds super comfy. Having access to the T wing was amazing!! Michael in the T wing was so friendly and helpful, and the two bartenders on the main lobby were fantastic, and a lot of fun! The bacon in the T wing for breakfast was the best that I've ever had!

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

The heating system in the room got noisy in the middle of the night and a staff member had to be called to adjust it.

Love the location with access to downtown cultural facilities and the hotel is first class for the price in comparison to other down town hotels in its class.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

All seemed great

First we were meet by Chuck upon arrival with bags in tow and he was very nice and helpful. In the lobby Leo was there to check us in and help us in anyway and there was another bellman up there but didn't get his name but started with a "r". The one night we stayed was good and then Chuck again was there to help and was one of the most genuine bellman I have ever meet "what an asset" to this hotel. This hotel has a great location and nice staff and not to forget Darcee when I obtained coffee twice.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

• One King Bed Executive Floor

free breakfast on executive floor was over run and challenging to get food. We went downstairs and paid in order to avoid the crowd and get a full meal.

excellent location and clean rooms. reasonable price

• Reviewed: 23 November 2016

The room had an old style air conditioner which i believe was very moldy. We only stayed one night and found the next day that both my wife and I caught an allergy attack from the moldiness.

The bed was very comfortable

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• King Room with City View - Disability Access

A bit noisy in the morning if you wanted a lie-in.

Very comfy bed, blackout curtains, nice gym facilities, very good service - we were allowed to check in really early. Room immaculately clean.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

No place to eat, restaurant. Hot water, for shower, lukewarm at best. No shampoo. $44.00 per day for parking, really. For the price, did not get much.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Very expensive for what I would consider an average hotel experience. Parking was insanely expensive and there was no discount for hotel guests. It wasn't anything special.

The staff were friendly and helpful, and the location was perfect for my needs.

I felt like we didn't get enough for the price. The rooms are quite small and they make you pay for overnight parking (which was not mentioned when I booked).

The beds are very comfortable! I wanted to snag one of the pillows for my house..

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Great stay. Just pricey. Note that it costs USD$43 to park per night in the public parking lot that it is attached to. Wifi is not free.

Great downtown location. Great staff.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

Didn't like to pay parking when hotel cost was high, but property compared to others near by. Still high despite 3rd party discount.

super clean and comfortable love the underground access to convention center.

• Reviewed: 26 August 2016

Staff not too friendly. No separate queue for H Honors in spite of the sign.

Great location. The room was great, view of some of the skyscrapers. Fast elevators.

Browse Hilton Seattle traveller photo gallery