Reviews of Hilton Short Hills 4 stars

41 John F. Kennedy Parkway, Short Hills, NJ 07078, USA

#1 of 1 hotels in Short Hills

Good place to stay if you're in town for a wedding.

A couple of the staff were a little cranky, but it's typical in NJ since things get so hectic/so many people. Other than that, the hotel is nice. Pricey though.

Stayed here for a wedding - seems like this is the place to stay for such events - there were like 4 brides there! Best thing was the underground parking that led directly into the hotel without having to go outside - especially nice when you are in a wedding and it's raining! Nice hotel - very busy though and long lines for check-in /check-out. Typical Hilton. We had a fantastic breakfast buffet though the morning after the wedding.

• Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

No Microwave oven, and the availability of shower chairs for the mobility challenge when taking a shower. Maybe taller toilets for the same challenge,

The room designs and layouts.

A disaster
    • King Room - Disability Access

Nothing was open...the outdoor pool bar was closed as well as the towers lounge, which their own staff said was open. Just a disaster. There is also no lifeguard if you are bringing children. The spa is also closed omg...

Nice towers level all redone

It was PRRFECT!

That I couldn’t stay the whole week!

The facilities were recently renovated and beautiful! What a gem! The room was a great size and the bathroom was amazing. The pool was great also!

Wasn’t the same Hilton we remembered

Spa (which we enjoyed in the past) has closed. Restaurant is open but no longer does Sunday brunch. Pool which used to have set hours for children is now a family pool

Proximity to Short Hills mall, Rt 24

My sheets were filthy.

My sheets were filthy.. old blood stains on them. I had to call a manager to my room.. of course they changed the sheets but the experience was still disgusting.

Good hotel. Make sure you know the rules and polices before you go.

The indoor pool has a no children before 6:30pm policy. So we were unable to use the indoor pool the following morning, even though the outdoor pool had closed due to weather.

The hotel was clean. The rooms were nice. The outdoor pool area was wonderful.

I could not order a movie.

I could not order a movie....only Direct TV......room service selections were very limited......and I was surprised that there was no robe in the room....it is supposed to be a full service hotel. The place was ggreat otherwise....lovely hotel.

Nice clean rooms helpful staff great location across from Short Hills mall and dining
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Parking garage can have improve signage in relation to hotel entrance Would like to have the pool open later in the night

In room breakfast was excellent Front desk staff was very nice and helpful

One word, unforgettable.

I was planning a special evening for my husband and I. It was his 40th and it was the first time we were getting time alone since having two children. We live locally so we were not traveling. I had a couple of special requests (wanted to check in early to prepare the room...). On the day of checkin I stopped by the hotel a couple times, dropping things off, picking up the room keys...and Glenn at the front door met me both times and was exceptional! Then he walked me in to meet Neco who listened to my whole plan and jumped right in to help me fulfil my dream of giving him a special evening out. As it turned out the 6 month old gave the sitters such a time we couldn’t spend the night at the hotel and had to go home. My husband and I did get to enjoy some alone time having drinks at the lounge and then had a great meal at the hotel restaurant before being called back home. Neco had given me a complimentary breakfast which we came back for in the am and brought the kids along which we just loved! We all as a family were able to come and enjoy the breakfast. I couldn’t have planned it better! Thank you to the whole staff that was working on May 11th-12th, 2018 and especially to Glenn and Neco. You two are what make that place great! We look forward to coming and having alone time again real soon! Thank you. Mrs. Abraham.

Finally- the Hilton is back
    • Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

After many years in decline, renovation is finally complete and the Hilton is almost back to its former glory. The rooms are tasteful and comfortable, the staff helpful and friendly- we had a great stay!

Nice hotel - but unable to resolve issues when brought to their attention

1. The room smelled like paint as I believe they were doing construction in nearby rooms. They were unable to switch us to a different room because they were fully booked, and also did not offer any solutions. 2. There was noise at 8am of drilling and hammering - again, construction in nearby rooms. 3. The bathroom was nice but when you switched from the tub faucet to the shower head the water did not completely transfer so the water pressure was subpar and there was a lot of spray as well as water collecting in the bottom of the tub. When I informed the staff of this, and they weren't able to switch the room, they sent someone to fix it while we were out and said they had done so, but unfortunately the problem remained throughout our stay.

The bed was very comfortable, the bathroom clean, the room was well laid out, we had everything we needed for our 2 night stay. I needed some items that I had forgotten - a hairbrush, toothpaste - which was quick and easy to grab at the front desk and sundries store.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It’s weird they don’t offer any movie services for late night watching. The room service food isn’t up to par with the rest of the hotel.

It’s a fabulous location next to Short Hills Mall and NYC! Friendly staff, and cozy sheets and bedding! Nice rooms.

A nice hotel, well located but overpriced.
    • Non-Smoking King Executive Room

The breakfast included was really poor. It was just a continental one. If you want the full breakfast, you have to pay the full price.

A nice hotel, well located but overpriced.

Ok not more
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Hotel is expensive but looks really outdated. For the price I expect more. No public transportation available - shuttles are 15 dollars for a short 2 minute ride. Breakfast is totally overpriced with around 30 dollars for the buffet.

Super friendly staff. Great gym, near to short hills mall

Good location for Mall at short hills. Otherwise, paying more for dated hotel.
    • King Room - Disability Access

Dated decor. Description of amenities did not state there was an indoor pool. Perhaps if you had looked further into spa facilities you would have seen. Since we weren't planning to use spa services we didn't look and didn't bring bathing suits. Front desk staff on sat not particularly can do.

We found the hotel to be an ideal place and great location.

The most left elevator light on the 7th floor did NOT light . The temperature adjustment switch on the refrigerator was on the back of the dresser. We could not find it and had to call for service.

We were there to celebrate the 69th anniversary of a girl's high school club. 8 surviving members all at least 82 years old. Six of them attended with their spouse. The location was convenient to all. Kyle Boarst was my contact to arrange the Saturday night dinner. He was very accommodating and friendly and efficient . He was very interested in the details of our arrangements and performed in a timely manner. He is certainly an asset to your organization. The food was excellent, the service was great and the facility very pleasant..

Parking was horrible.

Parking was horrible. Has to carry all my luggage through a long parking lot, up some stairs, and then outside before reaching the lobby. There were no clear signs showing the most direct route to the lobby from the parking lot. Took different routes each time I had to try and find my car

Poor service.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Could not get cup of coffee at 9:30 at night. Ordered desert at bar to take to room and it took 20 minutes to tell me they had no pound cake😝 Waited in hallway about 15 min because keys did not work. Overall it was the poorest stay I have ever had at a Hilton property. Would not recommend to anyone.

Valet parking attendant was friendly

overall a very nice hotel with an excellent restaurant.
    • Executive King Room - Disability Access

Nit picking but could have done with extra pillows. Other hotels just have them available in the room closet. Bar prices too high as $12 for a beer is too much.

overall a very nice hotel with an excellent restaurant.

Clean rooms.

We got to the hotel at 10:45PM and were given Room 745 which was the top floor. It sounded like there were helicopters on the roof pretty much 24/7. I wanted to ask for change but my wife didn't want to go through trouble of moving for only three nights. Also was not told that to use elevator on this floor we had to swipe our entry card, so when we tried to go down and close door it didn't close. But I still like this hotel. Been going there when I visiting my hometown (Short Hills) Had our 45th High School Reunion here. So the above two items are no big deal.

Clean rooms. Upscale appearance. Easy parking.

It serviced its purpose, but may not be worth the price.

On arrival, the remote was disgusting, the room was dusty, and sheets had stains. Also, The bed cover was too small for the bed, so it was hanging off the top. Tried calling front desk and kept getting busy signal. They also didn't provide wifi password at check-in. The people in the room above and in the hall were very loud. A bunch of slamming and thumping. Room service ends at 11pm and no restaurants deliver there.

The housekeeping lady that cleaned my room was a delight. She was pleasant about changing my sheets. Since I was in the room, she attempted to make small talk but wasn't forceful about it. The woman at front desk explained all the charges before I used my debit card during check-in. Check-out was easy and fast.

A very comfortable room, and free Internet if you sign up...
    • King Room - Disability Access

Elevators were slow, and we actually were stuck in one for 20 minutes ...

A very comfortable room, and free Internet if you sign up for their rewards program (which was free ...)

Standard Hilton
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bathrooms in the rooms are getting a bit old and well used. It's expensive for what you get.

Staff are great. Venue is very convenient and plenty of facilities - swim, spa, gym

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Clean, overall good but no frills or luxury
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We would have expected turndownservice with a chocolate or cookie. Bc we had a car carrier on top of our car we couldn't fit in underground parking. Valet said go ahead and park in our lot but reception gave us a hard time and wanted to charge us. We didn't feel that ALL staff went above and beyond. For the rate we paid we expected a little more.

Pool was good as well as hotel ambiance.

Great view of the creek out the window and a nice fitness...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No free wifi. Vending machines on each floor would be nice for when you are hungry late night.

Great view of the creek out the window and a nice fitness center.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Cool
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Wouldn't recommend to young people. It says free wifi when you book it but what they don't tell you is that you have to be apart of Hilton Honors program or pay an extra $10 for wifi. Also, it was very expensive ad doesn't give free breakfast. No way was I getting an omelet for $20.

It was very clean. There is a spa, fitness room, and restaurant/bar. Across from te hotel is a mall so you can shop and dine at restaurants.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

Disappointed

Bathroom wasn't the cleanest. I had to ask for robes, which were given from the swimming area and were poor quality as well as dingy. I had to ask for more soap as well as a towel. The heating system was blowing out cold air. I had higher expectations, especially for the money spent.

Lobby and hallway decor. Friendliness of the staff.

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

exremely warm and friendly staff

Very dusty room especially the lamps Not very nicely cleaned at all shampoos and lotions were cheap and stingy Towels were ok pretty hard

exremely warm and friendly staff

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

Bring your own blankets

Could not get the room warm. Told the problem was happening throughout the hotel. Towels were placed on the marble bathroom floor. No vents in there. Not what I expect from a hilton.

Spacious rooms Easy access

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Beautiful hotel, excellent staff, loud doors slamming every day.

I heard slamming doors every morning, and they were very loud. This could definitely be improved upon. These noises woke me up every morning. Other than that, it was very quiet.

The service was excellent.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

Good but spoiled by the shoe problem
    • Non-Smoking King Executive Room

I put my shoes outside, hanging on the door, for cleaning and they were not returned that morning. The hotel took literally hours to track them down.

Room was comfortable, clean and well maintained

Standard USA hotel...
    • King Junior Suite - Non-Smoking

Old fashion style hotel. Do not go in the winter time that it is always cold even in August... When I stay in winter time I use 3 additional heaters...

Just close to my office...

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

Expensive but the best in the area
    • Non-Smoking King Executive Room

Apart from the Mall, no local amenities within walking distance and hotel prices for food and drink are high.

Convenient for the upscale Short Hills Mall and for road access to Newark Airport, the hotel has a couple of pools and a reasonable gym.

The staff was very a professional.

The air conditioner in the room didn't cool good enough.

The staff was very a professional.

My stay was awesome. I can’t wait to come back.

The room accommodations, and convenient parking, and location of the hotel.

Centrally Located

Parking look is filthy ( this matters cause it is a secondary entrance ) broken glass , garbage , bird poop etc

Centrally Located

The hotel was clean and updated. We expected more little touches to make the stay more enjoyable.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No fan in bathroom to Defog mirror.no magnifying mirror in bath. No tv chanel listing. Very limited info on the area

Was a great experience. Service excellent⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

The Room

Nice room and location.

Very clean

There was no microwave in the room

Very clean

It's convenience.

It was overpriced for what it was.

It's convenience.

Great location and fancy environment but missing a few simple critical items.

Breakfast was not worth the price. Shower did not have hose. Room had no water bottle options.

Nice room

The beds were great and the food was too.

It is outlandishly expensive

The beds were great and the food was too.

Had a great stay
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Children’s swim hours were disappointing.

One of my favorite places to stay. Love the pool and spa, staff and location. Beautiful hotel.

Pleasant

Breakfast to expensive

comfy bed

All extras to expensive/ they charge you to park !
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

All extras to expensive/ they charge you to park ! Sometimes $6.00 for a small cup of hot chocolate other times $8.25

This hotel needs an update. Rooms old and outdated.

There are no comments available for this review

Hotel was clean, quiet, restful.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room service is extremely expensive.

Hotel was clean, quiet, restful. Staff went out of their way to be accommodating. I was very comfortable.

Clean.

Clean. Safe. Great location.

Great location, elegant hotel and friendly staff
    • King Junior Suite - Non-Smoking

Bed was very uncomfortable, elevator broke, room service breakfast was not worth the $

Great location, elegant hotel and friendly staff

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Very accommodating staff

NA

Very accommodating staff

• Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Room wasn't stocked or cleaned well. No water or amenities in lobby other than coffee

Suite was in need of update.

Suite was in need of update. Tired looking. Doesn't feel clean. Did like the wood floor.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

No soul, no warmth. Ok for one night.

No garden, nowhere to sit in the sunshine, some of the staff were very unfriendly

Comfortable bed and spacious room

Great facilities but beware hotel prices.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was crazy expensive. Jump in the car and eat somewhere else. A bad coffee was $5 !

Swimming pool was great and staff super friendly.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

Convenience to mall.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Restaurant could be better. The pool hours for children are limited.

Convenience to mall. Size and comfort of the room.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

The chicken was big and the and cheese was okay.

The chicken was big and the and cheese was okay. For the cost of the food, I feel it could have been better.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

great service

rooms could be updated

great service

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

It was a nice hotel

Maintenance was horrible. Our sink was stuffed for 3 days and they never fixed it.

It was nice room and parking was convient.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

Great attention and service.
    • King Room - Disability Access

The staff could not adjust the temperature in our room. It was very cold.

Great attention and service.

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

One day they forgot to put shampoo and conditioner.

One day they forgot to put shampoo and conditioner.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

Convenient for mall and freeways.
    • Non-Smoking King Executive Room

Restaurant is expensive with rather dull selection of dishes.

Convenient for mall and freeways. Swimming pool and gym on site.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Nice place to stay

Everything is good.

Buffet for breakfast. A big mall is on the opposite the hotel, just 5 min's walk.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

Enjoyed my stay

Prices of food etc.

Staff and accommodation

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

A little bit of elegance in a suburban area
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We don't have any complaints regarding this hotel.

We enjoyed the comfort of the room and the quietness .

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Terrific hotel and location

none

free shuttle to the mall

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Terrible service at breakfast.

Terrible service at breakfast. For Gods sake update your rooms!!

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

It was good overall.

Internet should be free. Uber cars had some problems to find it even with the GPS.

The pool and the gym.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

The outdoor pool area

The outdoor pool area

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

Great location but needs to be better maintained
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The pools were dirty and the hot tub was also dirty and the jets were very strong.

The bed was good

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

Everyone was extremely helpful!
    • King Room - Disability Access with Roll In Shower

Everyone was extremely hospitable!

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

Bed was very comfortable

Wish there was breakfast

Bed was very comfortable

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

tick all boxes

leaving

tick all boxes

There are also 57 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.