Reviews of Hilton Saint Petersburg Bayfront 3 stars

333 First Street South, St Petersburg, FL 33701-4342, USA

#27 of 38 hotels in St Petersburg

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

The staff was under-trained and made us feel grossly uncomfortable.
    • King Room with Roll-In Shower - Mobility Access

The front desk personnel were inefficient. I believe they had only been there one week and they needed to get the manager to find the booking and help with the room exchange that never happened.

The breakfast was excellent, and the waitress was very helpful. We ended up getting a complimentary room and breakfast because the room was not ready, nor was it the correct handicapped accessible room that we specifically booked.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

It was a place to stay to see my son
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

No exhaust fan in bathroom. Light in vanity cabinet was terrible. Was inconvenienced by cable update and house keeping at some I was on the phone with my daughter

Is not the Hilton it used to be.
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

This Hilton hotel is sacrificing guests' comfort and taking away simple expected hotel-services. This is such an unfair fact considering the high hotel rates. One expects to be assisted at a higuer level. When I called the front desk the morning of my arrival to let them know I had a "laundry bag" ready to be picked up, I was told I needed to bring it down to the front desk my self. I was surprised by the "commanding" tone; I was also already in my pijamas after a long journey. It was very inconvenient and felt I was in a 1 star hotel. I needed to send my laundry as soon as possible as I had a week of training to be ready for. Also, Room service orders are delivered in plastic containers and in a kind of "to-go" bag. When I did order room service (3 times that week) it was because I was tired to eat out. Once again, I wish I had my meals delivered pin a regular plate, not plastic silverwear and on a tray. I was charge 16 usd self parking fee and I did not have a car. Hilton guest services have declined.

Restaurant, bell men and housekeeping were very nice.

We would go back but hopefully hotel would be quieter next time
    • One-Bedroom King Suite with Parlor

Very noisy. There was a large group of young dancers staying at the hotel at the same time and they were very noisy in corridors until early hours then again from very early in the morning.

Lovely hotel in a great location with loads of bars and restaurants within walking distance

Location Was On Point.
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

The One Thing I Would Change Would Be To Mention Up Front About The Daily Charge For Parking Before A Guests Makes Reservations & That You Have Security Walk The Parking Lot To Ensure Every Vehicle Has A Parking Past & Towing Those Who Fail To Provide One. Several Nights We Had To Park Out Front. Didn’t Feel Safe For Me To Just Leave My Car Out front.

Location Was On Point. Staff Was Very Accommodating & Professional.

Front desk and management staff was great!
    • King Room - Non-Smoking - Allergy Friendly

Housekeeping service was not good. My room was barely cleaned each day. I did tell the staff when I left of my experience.

Front desk and management staff was great!

Quick mini vacation best ever!

Not a thing!!

The staff was helpful, friendly, above and beyond. The room was perfect. The location is great. St Petersburg is great by day and by night.

Parking was convenient as were the elevator.
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

I was told a conference rate was sold out, but others booked this week. Front desk clerk wouldn't even discuss it with me. He was rude.

Parking was convenient as were the elevator. Room service excellent.

We loved St Petersburg - the area was excellent - good weather, great restaurants , museum,
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

Bathtub drain was slow. We reported it at checkout (to avoid an overflow). Door to room was very heavy and closed on me. Would be safer with a slow hinged mount,

Bed was nice, location excellent, staff friendly and clean.

Probably never stay in a Hilton again
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

14 years ago stayed at other Hilton in St Petersburg.Outstanding facilities.Bayfront not worth the money. Have stayed at Best Westerns for 1/3 the cost with brighter and larger rooms. $16 to park left bad feeling. Breakfast not worth money (free in most hotels)

Location-close to Trop

Not a value for the price.

Bathroom is tiny, entry door difficult for my wife to open, had to lift up on the bathroom to open it from the inside, I had to pay to park my car. The parking lot is to small, cars parked in the roadways, making it difficult to get the car out of the lot.

It was adequate, but a bit disappointing considering the Hilton name.

We expected our room to be serviced prior to 5pm, since we were out most of the day and needed to rest at that time.

The room was clean and comfortable

We will not return and are telling our friends and guests to stay anywhere else.
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

Very poor experience for the money. Your name should be Hilton Barely Bay View. Using “Bayfront” in your literature is misleading. Your customer service staff were highly unprofessional and dismissive.

Great staff atTangerines redraurant

It’s location and parking

The lack of maintenance and poor room service (room was not made until 6pm in the evening). We had to place something in the bathroom sinks drain as the drain would not stay open to let the water out. The fridge in our room was not working properly.

It’s location and parking

Horrible
    • One-Bedroom King Suite with Parlor

Horrible experience. They put us near service elevator and it ran all night. We asked for our money back But said we had to go through booking.com. Not worth the money at all! Should be rated a 1 star hotel.

Pillows were good

I paid for two nights and left after one night.
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

The hotel rooms were disgusting. They were equivalent to an out-dated motel room from the 1960’s. I will never stay at another Hilton unless I check the room first. I definitely would not recommend this particular hotel to anyone I know.

The staff was friendly The lobby and first floor are beautiful, so you assume the rooms will be too.......WRONG!

New Year's fun with extended family!

The bed was rather hard and we could not get the bedside clock to function properly.

Easy walk to sites, restaurants and grocery store in downtown St. Petersburg.

Again very good

Carlos the Bill hop was awesome and the staff behind a desk was awesome also everything is good perfect no complaints

Hilton was great..... booking.com not so much!!!

Housekeeping forgot our coffee and cups. However, booking.com made many mistakes which caused them to lose us as a customer......never again!!! !

The facilities were excellent....as always.

Best conference hotel I've stayed in.
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

Had to walk down to the front desk for the issue as the phone number to call it in did not work.

We had no sound on the tv and staff were quick to solve the issue.

Terrible
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

The room was dirty and musty!!! The bathroom was gross!! The front desk staff said they'll send someone to clean but no one showed up!!! Bad service!!! Will not recommend this place to Anyone!!!

NOTHING

This hotel was about what I expected, but was disappointed with the carpet smell.

Carpet in room smelled as well as in the hallways. Hotel management should address this. Other than that, hotel was fine. perfectly located in downtown St Petersburg.

Not inclined to stay here again. There are far better hotels with competitive prices to stay at.
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

The air conditioning was not working properly and the staff was unhelpful with the simple request to have a pot of coffee brought to our room in the morning.

Bad, will not do it again, rather stay at a cheaper place

I paid extra money to stay at a nice place. I was told I could come in early to check in, my check in was at 4 they didn't give me a room till 7:45-8. And I had to keep checking. Food extremely over price, for the taste and look. Room got really hot once ac went off. Parking was a nightmare

we got there at noon, we were going to a tampa rays game...
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

we got there at noon, we were going to a tampa rays game they said our room wouldn't be ready until 4pm I said no problem we will be back after the game we returned at 1130pm tired very tired and our room still was not ready!!!!!!!!!!!!! we waited over an hour to get a room..... so yeah was not happy with my stay there....

I did like the free ice and nice staff.
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

Parking is expensive. No complimentary breakfast. No parking spaces after 11pm.

I did like the free ice and nice staff. Great bar. Nice pool. My view from the room was terrible. 3rd floor looked over the roof of second floor. Sitting water...

Beds were pretty good.
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

Room lacked several essentials, i.e. coffee maker, hair blower. Safe was non functional, and 3 requests to repair were never fixed. Parking fee was way too much, considering private lots all around were 1/3 the daily price. For price paid, the experience was not very good.

Beds were pretty good. Bathroom was okay.

Not satisfied for what I paid for!
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

The room we had first AC did not work. Waited about 45 min had to call again and had them move us to another room. The new room was smaller than what we had and the shower was not working properly!

Staff was very friendly and willing to help.
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

Parking was not the best. Hotel was fully booked so had to park on curb. Hotel was nice but rennovations were done poorly over the years so it does not look as attractive as the pics online

Staff was very friendly and willing to help. Location was close to Tropicana field. Could walk if you wanted. Breakfast was good especially the bacon. Bellman was especially very friend and willing to assist

Restaurant food was good

Ac. Broke and put us in a tiny room with double beds that smelled. Front desk didn't care at all. No ice No bar during day

Restaurant food was good

Not bad not great
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

The room needed some attention mold in shower and ceiling. Caulking in shower should be redone. Air felt stale in room from the ac not getting very cool

THE STAFF WAS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!! Always friendly and welcomed you with a hello and smile. Maceo,Sergio, and Ryan were great!! The pool area was really relaxing.

Expected more...

The hotel was decent on first glance but the more you looked the more you can see that it was actually quite old and unmaintained, or at least in my room. There were bugs in the bathroom that crawled back into the wallpaper, always an unsettling sight. The restaurant and bar were both overpriced for an average meal, with an uninspiring menu and grossly understaffed. The bright spotlight that shines on the hotel sign outside the building shinned right into by room's window. For the price and judging from the photos, I expected a more enjoyable experience but it was all just below par.

The bed was very comfortable. The small convenience shop on premises was very handy.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Leary of Hiltons
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

The room was not clean. One of the beds did not look made when we checked in. One of the pillows was crumpled, standing up against the headboard. It was evident that the closet floor was not vacuumed during our stay, because a plastic piece we found when we arrived was still there when we left. The trash can in the room was not emptied one day. The floor did appear to be properly vacuumed because we saw particles on the carpet. The bathtub did not appear to have been scrubbed during our stay. There was no phone in the room. We had to ask several times before they put one in. The paint in the bathroom ceiling was peeling.

The lobby looks inviting.

Very friendly staff.
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

I informed the front desk on check out that the bath tub was very slow to drain, and the coffee pot did not have all the parts to make coffee. I just wanted the front desk to know so it could be taken care of before the next guest.

Very friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

It was ok, but not as nice as I was expecting
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

With Bayfront being part of the name, I thought it would infact be Bayfront, which it was not (very misleading). Bathroom was very small. Hotel is not as updated as it appears in pictures. Worst pillows I have slept on ever.

The staff was very friendly. The lobby atmosphere and seating was nice. The hotel was very clean. All of the food was delicious.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

Bed was very comfortable
    • King Room with Roll-In Shower - Mobility Access

Initially we had only one bath towel and no bath mat...there was a ball game across the street the second night of our stay so there was no place to park when we returned...management rectified both of these situations after we pointed them out

Bed was very comfortable

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

great location with easy access to all the local venues
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

Our room smelled musty, from the A/C - not good for my allergies. Why pay extra for Wifi at the Hilton? All of the other places we stayed offered it for free. Hilton needs to move into the present. It costs no more for your guests to stay connected - accommodate them with this silly service.

great location with easy access to all the local venues

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Expensive and not worthy.
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

Humidity in the room. We were 4 friends and never have the adequate number of towels. The phone didn't work. The beds were small (2 full beds instead of queen size). Not knowledge on the front desk.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Not recommended

I am very displeased. The rooms were very cold. There was no heat available. They brought my elderly mother a space heater, after she had been shivering for hours. The first night they told us to use extra blankets and that it would be fixed the next morning. Never fixed. I called and went to from desk several times. My mother's door was so heavy that it was even difficult for house keeping to open, let alone a delicate woman. I was told I could not get a refund because I purchased through booking.com. This was a celebration for my husband's 70th birthday. My mom came in from Jacksonville and my son & his wife from California. My mom was so miserable from being cold she wasn't able to go to our planned birthday dinner. So the two of us stayed back while the rest of my family went out to eat. For the type of money I'm being charged, motel 6 would have been better! This has been a horrendous experience.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

The front desk gentleman was very nice and accommodating.
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

The restaurant in the morning took about 30 minutes to serve us our breakfast. It was so slow.

The front desk gentleman was very nice and accommodating.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Excellent food at the restaurant!
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

A little run down and old. Shaky elevators, really old (and very small) bathrooms. Only 1 small waste basket in the bathroom.

Excellent food at the restaurant! Heated outdoor pool. Nice overlook of the bay and Dali's museum.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

Poop shower
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

Sewage came up from the shower drain!! we were with a group of friends for bachelor and bachelorette parties so we had a lot of rooms, every single room had a plumbing problem, the maid of honor had to open the toilet tank multiple times to fix it. Bringing it to the hotel managers attention I assume, he didn't even introduce himself, all he asked was how bad it was, no apology or anything. He didn't even really walk up to us, he was shy and hiding behind one of the front desk workers. There was also a huge white stain on the chair that I would like to think was bird poop..... Will never recommend this hotel to anyone

Location to restaurants and bars was great, front desk staff were really nice, just the manager that night was terrible

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Front desk check in staff.

I did not rate comfort high. Comfort in terms of being comfortable with the noise level. I specifically asked for a quiet room. I was on the 13th floor, which was nice. However, someone left a dog in their that was barking and scratching at the door for hours. We called a couple of times but nothing happened. They said the pet owner must be unavailable. Also from 1:45-2:15 there was loud laughing and talking up and down the hall. I finally had to go out to the hall and tell the inconsiderate folks to knock it off.

Front desk check in staff....great. Nice pool, great location.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

I would recommend great location and staff super friendly and helpful

Bathrooms need updating

Great location super friendly staff clean rooms

The hotel was easy to get to.
    • King Room - Non-Smoking - Allergy Friendly

Price was higher than what I thought it should be. I wasn’t “wowed”.

The hotel was easy to get to.

The closeness to everything.
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

The fact that I had to pay for parking.

The closeness to everything.

not up to the expectation of a Hilton hotel
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

smelled moldy,pillows felt like rocks, fridge froze everything,could have been much cleaner

Checkin was difficult

Checkin was difficult

It would just a great overall stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

The Tangerine restaurant the help was very slow also a little overpriced

The location was excellent the staff was very helpful just had a great time

Fun

Parking terrible

Needs to be updated

Great location to shopping and plenty of restaurants. Food was pricey but great a big portions.
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

Small bathroom, no fan in the bathroom, moldy smell in hallways

Beds were fluffy, AC maintained room at adequate temperature.

Location was good but overall hotel quaility wasn't there!

Room

The rooms beds all need updating for the price!

Tolerable

The condition verses the cost

It was not worth the cost and parking charge of $16.00

Great location but needs some updating
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

Hotel needed some updating for the price.

Great location for the event I was attending.

I was charged for breakfasts that I did not eat.

See 3.

I was charged for breakfasts that I did not eat.

Excellent choice for us

The sink and shower were very slow to drain
    • King Alcove Suite

The sink and shower were very slow to drain

The location was nice.
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

The rooms were dirty. On top of being overpriced you had to pay separately for parking.

The location was nice.

Poor staff

Front desk staff

Good Location

Uncomfortable.
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

Bugs in the bathroom! Not once but every time we went to use the bathroom.

Convenient location to restaurants and activities.

Restaurant food was excellent.

The heating system wasn't working properly but the staff was very friendly in their efforts to resolve the issue.

Restaurant food was excellent.

4.5 stars

Poor gym

It was like any other hotel

It was great

No steam room or sauna.

I liked the location to everything downtown.

Fair for the most part.

Room floor and location facing a roof top.

Ms Prissy who was very helpful. I compliment her.

We liked the closeness to downtown St.
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

bigger bathroom would have been nice

We liked the closeness to downtown St. Petes. Could walk alot

Was a great time

$16 Parking

Bed was amazing

it served the purpose.close to the mahaffey theater which is why i was there
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Mobility Access

no microwave, the couch was dirty

The rooms are a little dated

The rooms are a little dated

We had a great time at the hotel.
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

The registration staff allowed us to get to our room earlier than check in time. Very welcoming.

Enjoyable
    • One-Bedroom King Suite with Parlor - Non-Smoking - Allergy Friendly

Service was good staff attentive

I asked to change room and was not treated very courtiousely
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking - Allergy Friendly

my room was not cleaned very well

Very poor light in bathroom

Very poor light in bathroom

The room was spacious;
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Mobility Access

The room was spacious; all facilities were clean, well staffed, enjoyable!

We sought refuge there during Hurricane Irma. Felt safe and welcome.

There's nothing I didn't like

Excellent staff. Friendly, courteous, bending over backwards to assist us.