Reviews of Hilton St. Petersburg Carillon Park 4 stars

950 Lake Carillon Drive, St Petersburg, FL 33716, USA

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

A pleasant stay but many issues that don't make it a good value accommodation.

Bathrooms do not have air circulation fans to control bathroom humidity. No microwave ovens in the rooms. You can not turn off the balcony lights outside the room sliding glass doors. No complimentary breakfast.

The hotel is in an excellent location for traveling to Tampa, Clearwater and Downtown St. Pete. I particularly like the boardwalk around the nearby lagoon.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

The food from your room service was some of the best...
    • King Corner Room

The food from your room service was some of the best I've ever had. On my last day I had extended check out till 1 p.m. and your housekeeping staff came in at 10 a.m. to my room while a do not disturb sign was on the door. I was in bed since I've been getting a lot of chemo. That upset me because somebody that does something like that has to be there to steal. I was having trouble with my telephone in the room and one of your maintenance workers came up to repair it and he was fantastic. I absolutely felt nothing but trust and he had a wonderful personality you should give him a raise.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Great hotel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible/Disability Access

The shower curtain was quite dirty and the bathroom had some physical damage to it.

The hotel is beautiful, the staff is friendly and the rooms are great.

The property was nice, clean, and peaceful.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The only thing I didn’t like about it is that their restaurant and bar closes at midnight.

The property was nice, clean, and peaceful. I still had a good time and enjoyed myself with the beautiful view.

Beautiful hotel, very friendly staff, great food at hotel...
    • Mini Suite

When I booked the room it said the room had a bathtub in it, and served a free breakfast in the morning but neither of which were true.

Beautiful hotel, very friendly staff, great food at hotel restaurant.

Love staying at Hilton and will go back again and again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The waitress was chatting with someone at the bar instead of checking on our table.

We checked in late and the staff was great. Got a bite to eat in the restaurant and the food was exceptional even at 10:30 PM!

This property was 15 min from everywhere we wanted to be.
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible

The lady checking us in (at like 10:30pm) wasn’t the most pleasant. She seemed rushed and like she didn’t wanna be there. But the day shift people made up for it!

This property was 15 min from everywhere we wanted to be. It was perfect! The room was bigger than expected and super clean! The room service food was amazing! We had a problem on arrival about the price, but the manager was very easy to work with and quickly adjusted it for us!

Great Stay, Friendly Staff, Clean Hotel!

The staff was extremely helpful and friendly for my specific requests regarding my room. Special thank you to Dillon at the front desk! The hotel was very clean, the room was comfortable, great view and a bonus was the nature preserve and boardwalk around the lake.

The Hilton never disappoints! :-)

There was nothing that I did not like about the property. I would recommend it to anybody.

The property was very clean. The staff was always very courteous. The atmosphere was very good.

Great experience overall

I booked a junior suite with hotel.com and when I arrived, they gave me a different room because hotel.com asked the hotel for a smaller room, not the one they sold to me. The hotel staff was so nice to change my room and give me the one I really paid for, the junior suite. The hotel staff was very nice all the time. Great place to go. Thank you

Location, nice facility with gorgeous views.

No room service on our second day. We were away from 7:30 am to 3:00 pm and came back to our room had not been refreshed. No clean towels or toiletries.

Location, nice facility with gorgeous views. Pleasant staff.

The reservation was not correct with the room I booked.
    • Mini Suite

The reservation was not correct with the room I booked. When they tried to fix the reservation they took away my balcony. Needless to say I probably would have selected another hotel as they did not have my spa tub& balcony room available. The room they gave us was nice but not truly what I wanted. It was ok but if I pick this hotel again I will call ahead to confirm what they state they have available is true.

Great location great front desk staff

Everything was awesome

Everything the staff was amazing. We arrived at your facility around noon and asked your front desk staff if it would be possible to check in early and we were. Asked for a water or pool view and we got the water view. Very accommodating to our needs. Thank You!

The woman at the front desk told us the Luna restaurant was...

The woman at the front desk told us the Luna restaurant was one of the top 10 in Tampa. It was one of the top ten truly awful restaurants we've ever eaten at. Tell them to be honest about their recommendations.

Overall, our stay was a great experience.
    • Mini Suite

The staff was really friendly. They go out of their way to make their guests happy. The restaurant located in the hotel was convenient and very delicious. The rooms were very nice, and the spa tub added a nice touch to the bathroom.

Great stay... Would book again

Really nothing, it was a great property

Very clean, located in a business park so it was nice and quiet. Location was great... Just a short drive to the beaches. Very friendly staff. Room size was perfect and the balcony was nice. Breakfast buffet was delicious with many options.

The staff was very accommodating and friendly.

The room we were checked into originally the tv wasn't working correctly and a lot of channels did not come in. They did send maintenance up, but was still not fixed. They did up grade our room and moved us down the hall. That was annoying as it was after 8pm and I had to pack everything I unpacked back up.

The staff was very accommodating and friendly.

I found hair in the tub and near the toilet and when the...

I found hair in the tub and near the toilet and when the shower is running it comes out from the side the shower needs a something to block the water from getting to the floor

There was a limited supply of dollies. I had to take my bags to my room, but the front desk clerk did help me all the way to my room. She was a breath of fresh air...

Bedding and breakfast in bed (room service)

we liked the size of the suite which had a lovely balcony.

There is a glitch with booking.com’s system. The room I chose and the paperwork provided showed I booked a junior suite, but what booking.com sent through was something else- a room with a sofa bed. The woman at the front desk showed me what had been sent to her. Fortunately they did have a junior suite available, but she told me this had happened 7 or 8 times - recently - so other customers may not have gotten what they booked.

we liked the size of the suite which had a lovely balcony. The pool and hot tub area was lovely; and we enjoyed the walkways behind the hotel where we could see turtles and other wildlife.

Excellent!

Shopping, entertainment, restaurant choices

Hotel, staff, room, restaurant were all excellent. I was not familiar with St. Pete so location was a bit more "business friendly" than anticipated. I felt restaurants were a bit lacking in the area. All in all I was very pleased with my stay and would recommend the Hilton.

Other than the location everything was okay
    • King Corner Room

It was not in the area that I thought it was. I was hoping that it closer to down town St Petersburg. But guess that was my own fault. Also the WI Fi was not working.

Hospitality from everyone excellent from the hotel manager, witresses, down to house keeping

All in all, we had a nice time.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The exterior patio and pool area need some TLC with the plants.

This hotel is in a business park. It was quiet which was great. Our room was nice and the bed very comfortable. The staff in the lobby were very helpful. The snacks and drinks from Luna were great. The pool was crystal clear and a good temperature.

Room was nice, and clean.

The tub shape was dangerous when wet, slippery and no real flat spot to stand. Even though we discussed 3 times with front desk, no ride waiting to take us to the airport in the morning. They did call us a cab and paid for it.

Room was nice, and clean. Would have preferred a balcony but so be it

Customer Service Experience would prevent me from ever returning.
    • Mini Suite

the original booking was for a suite with jetted tub overlooking the lake. Upon arriving the room didn't contain the jetted tub. Changed room for tub but without the view. Very disappointed.

Jetted tub was the reason for the visit and it didn't disappoint

Beautiful place to stay and will stay there again.

There was not anything we did not like.

Beautiful Hotel in business district, we have stayed here before. The staff is very friendly and helpful, nice room with beautiful view and reasonably priced. Very close to downtown St.Pete.Beautiful resteraunt and lounge.

Cannot believe this hotel is a Hilton brand hotel. 2 stars
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Pungent smell on our room floor, 1 working elevator, valet staff was extremely young & bothered when I tried to valet my vehicle so i just parked it myself, hotel staff extremely rude all the way around

the nature walk around the outside hotelvery cool.

Comfortable beds. Nice pool. Noisy and the staff including the manager were very detached.

Iit was too noise. The actual infrastructure was inferior. I couldn’t sleep because o could hear everything in the hallway and adjacent rooms. I took a shower when o arrived and and got out to realize that there were no bath towels in the room . That has to be a first time experience.

The pool and the bed was comfortable

Very, very, disappointed!
    • King Corner Room

We had reserved a king room, specific with balcony. Really looked forward to enjoying hours on balcony. What we got was a beautiful room but when we tried to go out onto the balcony we had to go right back in!! Directly under our balcony was a huge air conditioner condenser, with the most awfully loud noise! It totally ruined our stay at this hotel. Very sad to say, we will never stay there again!!!

Restaurant was great! Atmosphere was beautiful, parking was very easy.

The staff was very accommodating, the hotel is amazing.
    • Mini Suite

Some of these ratings can be unfair due to the circumstances. The lower rating on the pool was because it wasn't open on the first day we were there due to the hurricane days before. The not perfect rating on the comfort was because the fire alarm went off at midnight for 20 minutes 2 nights in a row. If those two things didn't happen, I would have given a perfect score.

The staff was very accommodating, the hotel is amazing.

I paid $427 for two night by I didn't get for my money...

I paid $427 for two night by I didn't get for my money worth Before I came to Tampa I was in Miami and I stayed Miami grand beach hotel from checking in up to checking out me and my wife had really great time customer service our room was the cleanest i gat my money worth which I paid the same amount of money. But we enjoyed the park . So far this is the only Hilton I didn't enjoy I go to Maryland a lot I always stay in Hilton , but this one don't even offer free breakfast.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

NEVER AGAIN AT THIS PROPERTY

Internet was going on and off all the time. Connected to our server in Europe, I had to restart many times my emails online as the internet was way too weak and unreliable. I called to get this issue fixed but the front desk said it they had a problem with the WIFI that couldn't be fixed. Very bad a a HILTON with this star rating ! Guests were very loud and shouting in the corridor at 2am or 3am... while other guests were sleeping

The entire stay was amazing, great location!

The entire stay was amazing, great location! Luna's Restaurant.. Dinner was awesome. My Husband had steak and potatoes / we shared a Lobster Bisque soup "Yummmm!

Great Decision to Stay at this hotel!
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible

It was hard not to like anything, the staff was great. Will visit again.

Great Hotel to stay at while I Ubered everywhere on Memorial Day weekend. Love the ambiance of the location for not being directly on the beach. Still awesome.

Perfect spot to access Tampa and the beaches on the weekend.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Could use a TV and decor upgrade. But this is not our highest priority. It's in a corporate business park, but that worked out OK for us since it was the weekend and there were many families there.

Staff was extremely courteous. It was good to be in a quieter setting but close to all of the beaches.

It located in a business Park.
    • King Room Mobility - Hearing Accessible

I was given a handy caped Room on top of the entrance , my view was the the AC unites and the vents. When I askes " why do I have a handycaped room " , I was told because I used booking.com and that is the room available.!!!!!!

It located in a business Park. In an business/ industrial Area , close to town Via the express way .

Great Location, Shame About The Pillows.

Pillows. I'm a bit picky with my pillows. They were a bit hard. Harder then what I would have expected for this quality of a hotel. Fairmont Hotels have better selection of pillows. My husband didn't seem like there was a problem, but he can sleep anywhere and through anything.

Loved the views from our room. We were on the 4th floor facing the pool and lake. They had a little nature reserve with walkways so you can explore the grounds.

Lovely hotel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

That breakfast wasn't included in the price. Only stayed one night.

Nice clean rooms, polite staff, beautiful property. Nice size room, well maintained.

Epic Adventure! LOL For Reals from this North Shore Gal that grew up outside of BAWSTON aka Boston!

Absolutely nothing to complain about! It was above and beyond my expectations!!!

I am and was just in awe of everything! Especially, the Staff! If I'm ever in that part of town I would stay in a heart beat!

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

The hotel was beautiful the room was wonderful the bed was...

I did not like the man that drove the shuttle bus he was rude! And kept getting lost! did not know his way around the area

The hotel was beautiful the room was wonderful the bed was exquisite all staff was wonderful other then the man that ran the shuttle

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Excellent apart from breakfast, get it somewhere else.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast terrible. Lovely selection of fresh fruit but please leave out the cooked items unless you can do a better job. Scrambled egg was Luke warm and way over cooked at 8.30am. Bacon and sausage the same. Poor bread selection, for $20!!!!!

Excellent service, friendly staff, very good facilities, loved the pool.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

Peace and quiet

Easy, free parking. Peaceful, quiet location with plenty of outdoor space for walking and jogging around a lake and through gardens. Only a 15 minute drive to most downtown destination.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Room was spacious and clean.

Breakfast was not included

Room was spacious and clean. The bed was very comfortable. The location was in the middle of all main attractions in the Bay Area. The area around the hotel was also nice with the possibility to go for a walk around the lake.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

Superb and Nice Hotel
    • Executive King Room

Only one remark, when cleaning the room , they used the hand towel to dust the floor ground , that's bad.

Very Nice walking area outside , the breakfast (9-th floor) was good, Also the Restaurant's food was delicious

• Reviewed: 19 November 2016

NO Bang for a big price.

No valet and no Free breakfest. Parking was aweful I got back from my childs competetion after midnight and the parking lot was full had to walk really far. NO VALET never heard of tht at a hilton.I will never stay here again. They tried ti put us in a room looking at the A/C units on the roof.

bed was very comfortable and staff was very helpfull and...

bed was very comfortable and staff was very helpfull and friendly

Was great!

My key did not work well but they made it very easy to replace

Friendly staff

Comfy, good location

Tv wasnt working but the room was very comfy.

Everything was fantastic. Clean, Friendly Staff and very comfortable room.

Nothing !

Loved everything !

Staff in check in

Staff in check in

Keep providing good service.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Great location. Comfortable bed, had a beautiful view of the lake. Personnel was very helpful and diligent. Hopefully, we'll be back.

So pleasant. Beautiful facility and great food.

Great breakfast. Great dinner.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

We had to ask for more towels and washcloths. They only had it for 2 and there was 4 in our party.

Noisy hallways let lots of noise into rooms, no...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible/Disability Access

Average experience at a premium price

Noisy hallways let lots of noise into rooms, no soundproofing?

Liked it would defintly go again

No complaints

Everything was clean comfy and quiet excellent food in the restaurant.

Excellent stay for the weekend

n/a

Comfortable pillows, spacious rooms, cleanliness

A very pleasant experience.

Location was great and I liked the lagoon and boardwalk.

I'll be back

The restaurant/bar

Luxurious, very convenient to major routes

Luxurious, very convenient to major routes

• Mini Suite

We came back at 2pm and room wasn’t made.

Loved the room and view was great.

Comfy bed, courteous and helpful staff

Comfy bed, courteous and helpful staff

The outside pathways

Not friendly staff

The outside pathways

Nice facility, view amenities and accomodating staf, very...
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible

Sliding door to balcony was terrible, very difficult to open.

Nice facility, view amenities and accomodating staf, very friendly.

Sick and away ftom home

Liked all of it

Cleanliness and beautiful, the staff was very accommodating to my needs, friendly and helpful

Plain hotel with terrible room decor and lousy showerhead.

Plain hotel with terrible room decor and lousy showerhead. A bit disappointed in this particular Hilton.

NA
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The cleanliness of the room, cleaning of room etc. will not stay at a Hilton facility in the future.

Really not much.

Excellent cplace and very clean and friendly staff worker

N/a

The bar and staff in the front desk was very helpful with directions and bartender was very friendly and knew how to take of our needs

The size of room

Ok staff. Could do better with customer service. Ex. Greeting clients as they enter and exit or passing them in hallways.

The size of room

Parking

Parking

View from the balcony

View from the balcony

Very clean and well kept

Bed was very firm but still would sink in middle...tough to get a good night sleep.

Very clean and well kept

The beds was comfortable and it was clean
    • Executive King Room

Thought I was paying for room with lake view but didn’t get that.

The beds was comfortable and it was clean

Good stay
    • King Room Mobility - Hearing Accessible

Bump in the air conditioner every time it turned off

Nice place

Comfort and ease

No microwave

Comfort and ease

Very pleasant stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

RestarantVery pleasant stay was excellent.Room was very nice.Staff was very courteous and helpful