Reviews of Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center 4 stars

1 First Stamford Place, Stamford, CT 06902, USA

#8 of 15 hotels in Stamford

The staff was very disrespectful

They lady at the front didn’t even look at my information and almost refused me after they already charge me for the room

• King Room with Sofa Bed

The room wasnt what i expected. Smaller than expected for a king rm, no fridge in the room,

Customer Service was excellent, buffet breakfast was great, it was very clean, property was beautiful.

• Queen Room

Parking was iffy but it was clearly a busy weekend so i expected it. My parking fee was refunded when they found out I had to park on the 3rd level. My only real complaint is the restaurant. It was frustratingly slow and irritating. 40 mins for 2 salads, a flatbread pizza and pasta. We were the 3rd seated after they opened (late) and one of the last served. They fact that it was overpriced - something I normally overlook since it’s convenient- just made me more irritated. We chose not to return for dinner and breakfast.

We were in town for a dive meet and here overnight. The room was clean and modern and perfect for myself and the 3 girls. We were very early checking in and the front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating even though it was clearly a vey busy weekend - a wedding, field hockey tourney, dive meet, conventions, etc. The pool always had clean towels and the fitness center was clean and well maintained.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

Hotel charges $50 additional on top of room rate upfront and then says that we should expect a credit in 10-15 days. This was not explained properly at check in. I still don’t know when i will receive credit. We lost a toy in room and have yet to find. We had to enter a request online for lost item. I only received an email 3 days after placing request. They have yet to find the toy.

Easy access from i95

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I didn’t like that there were no microwave nor refrigerator in the room.

Did not go to the restaurant. But noticed it was crowded a lot. Which probably means it was good.

The staff is not friendly at all. Also my room was old and looked like it needed some serious updating. The room was okay, not great. It also was not as clean as I was expecting.

They do not service the rooms daily and say they are a “ green hotel”. There was no fridge in the room. I asked for some towels and to have my room cleaned and The maid said NO. After I contacted housekeeping my room was cleaned. They didn’t supply bottled water, which I thought was unusual, as I had just come from Double Tree Hilton in Jacksonville, and the room was serviced daily to a high standard and water was always in the room. There were tiles laying on the bathroom floor, where they had fallen off the skirting.

The wait staff in the dining room were very friendly and helpful. My room was larger than expected, and the shower was exceptional.

• Queen Room

The pool did not look like it does in the pictures. There is paint chipping everywhere, rust and the bottom of the pool looks gross. I am really surprised this is in a Hilton.

I appreciated the buffet.

I wanted to pay cash. But they charge the amount of the room on your card as a hold.. I wasn't informed that he was doing that. He only said a $50 fee and then the parking fee.

It was pretty loved all the holiday stuff still oit

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel was very cold during my stay. Sitting in the the restaurant I could not enjoy my food because of the cold.

The restaurant prices were reasonable. However the service in the restaurant was below a hotel of this caliber. The waiters were very slow and look confused. We had to wait a well for some one to take our order.

• King Room - Hearing Accessible

Twice I sat in the restaurant and no one came to take my order. They said they would be right with me. I went to the gift store instead for snacks. I thought the food was way overpriced. I did not like ordering from a menu downstairs with no prices! We need to know what we are paying just like you need to know what you are getting for a night or dinner. I paid 35.00 for a veggie sand fries and cheesecake in my room plus left a 10.00 tip. Was it worth 45.00? No! I went hungry after that. So more options for everyday eating would make it perfect. I came down to Starbucks everyday and there was nothing left on the display! How about a donut shop? Something to grab and go on busy mornings or late evenings? I literally went hungry after 11 when everything is closed.

I liked that the staff was friendly. I liked that everyone was willing to help.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

No safe and no mini fridge in the room. Restaurant service was so awful it went beyond infuriating to funny. Lots of orders mixed up or wrong (ours and patrons at adjacent tables), extremely slow service, dishes brought out of order (there you could literally start with a dessert and finish with appetizer, and have a side dish brought after you finish your entree).

Clean rooms, comfortable bed. Stuff helpful and friendly..

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

Shuttle service to other location

The receptionist were welcoming,rooms were avarage tolet facility was clean but needed plumb work as bath was not draining well shower head loose and was breaking off the wall toilet flush was broken had to manually stop flow in the water tank. Overall was average and did not meet expectation

We chose the hotel because it had a hot tub, I called the hotel to make sure it did indeed have a hot tub, they said yes they did and it was open until 11:00. To our disappointment though when we arrived the next day the hot tub was closed, roped off with furniture blocking the way, it had clearly been out of order for some time.

Great location for us as we were using it as a half way point to Philly. Attractive lobby, super friendly staff.

Hotel parking garage, which you pay $17 for to park, was blocked off as "full" (which it was NOT) in several areas, forcing you to park a LONG walk through the garages to the hotel. For the price, you should always have parking CLOSE to the hotel available.

Super comfortable bed/pillows, clean room

Ordered a drink at the bar and there seemed no urgency to serve us nor cash us out. Shower curtain had mold and some reddish marks (maybe blood?!) - how can you let that happen? First day called to get car brought up since we valeted. Came down after 10 minutes and car wasn’t there. So we waited 10-15 minutes more and thought there is something wrong so went to front desk and we went to see if key was still hanging on valet key wall and it sure was. Front desk guy took it upon himself to get the car.

The lady that checked us in was phenomenal. Whole front desk were awesome in fact as was one of the valet guys.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Thought the hotel was completely over priced as it was the most expensive and dirtiest I have stayed in on my 1 months trip around the US. Not impressed with it at all...never again. I am in another Hilton in Exton now much cheaper and spotless with nicer staff.

Bed comfortable

Parking facility was accross the street. Not told valet parking would be $23 per day plus of course tipping. There was no directory about hotel services in room and when we inquired at the front desk told they did not provide such and handed us a map. Coffee pot in room, but no coffee in the lobby in the am. bathroom sink was very plugged up.

Staff mostly helpful and friendly, not too difficult to get to from Highway. Room was adequate size and comfortable

Noise, room smelled like a sewer the entire stay. The gentleman at the front desk was horrible during check in. Didn't bother to call to get another room. He just ruined our vibe.

The lobby area was amazing!

Selection at breakfast buffet a bit slim and if you want cheese or some cold cuts then it is to be ordered separately against additional payment and not included breakfast which is included in the room price.

I have been staying in this hotel three times since April 2016. When I first stayed in the hotel in April 2016 it is well below expected standard both facilities and staff behavior. Since then the hotel has undergone some upgrading and looks much better now and also staff got more service orientated.

It was perfect

I have not one complaint, I did not have one bad experience. The hotel staff was very friendly and even recommended a barber shop for me that was not too far away.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

The booking was for 3 adults and 3 kids. upon checking in, I was told that we only had two Queen beds. I asked for an extra bed and denied. the staff gave extra pillows and blanket for people to sleep on the floor. basically, there is a disconnect between booking.com and hotel on reservation requirements

Not much..

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

The rocky reception that we received in the night of 23/07 by the lack of client-orientation on the part of the lady who received us. We had a shambolic and long delays on our Delta flight and also had a challenge with our credit cards. The lady rather spent her time schooling me about the hotel policies and twice interjected a tired client who wanted to propose other options.

Proximity to the train station and restaurants. The green lawn around the hotel is majestic and good to view. The staff in the restaurant and the cleaners were very friendly and a credit to the hotel.

The way they charged us wasn't clear, The person who made the check in got us in the wrong room, when the bill got dropped under the doors has my friend name. That was a lot of mistakes without explanation.

• Queen Room

More options in restaurant buffet. I eat Paleo and all I could eat was the meat.I wasn't sure if I could ask for something special as part of the buffet price, as it wasn't suggested.

We have and oversized truck and the staff was very accommodating and found us a parking location. However the outlet in the lamp in between the Beds was broken and it left minimal outlet by the beds

• Queen Room

Charged me 15 dollars parking while checking in. And the next day i realized that you dont' need to pay parking at all cause you can just drive out from the parking garage. Plus, the room has no fridge!!!

• Queen Room

The rooms are very dated. The plaster was peeling off if the ceiling, no refrigerator in the room. The Lobby was nice, but I wouldn't stay here again if I had the option.

I had an exchange of words with a lady Saturday night after the woman told me and my wife that we should be ashamed of being homosexuals. We were sitting in the lobby waiting for the 10pm shuttle and she came in and said "what you're doing is wrong. You should be ashamed of your lifestyle". I assumed she worked there because all of the workers that was standing outside was speaking to her in their foreign language and let her on the bus before boarding time. She made a few comments while on the bus but other than that it was a great stay. We were celebrating 5 years of marriage, ignorance couldn't kill our bliss.

The hotel has a free shuttle that runs every half hour until 10pm. It was a great help considering I came From out of town and didn't know much about the area. It was peaceful even during events and the concierge gave us menus for places in the area that delivered. There's a Starbucks and Restaurant on site.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

Room cleaning was a bit hit and miss. Reception staff were also hit and miss - some super friendly and others definitely indifferent. But generally speaking everyone friendly enough

Restaurant staff very friendly and most nights the food was excellent - chef changes meant it wasn't consistent tho, even tho the menu was same each night. Still food good enough when not excelled. Starbucks good.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

They had just finished hosting a large party....as we were told by every employee we interacted with. As a result of this large party, the facilities were A MESS!

Deanna ( finance manager?). Was great! Listened to my concerns and responded appropriately.

second morning dining room in chaos. staff scurrying to dismantle tables and chairs, at 8:00 am not ready for breakfast service, no plates, etc. . Fruit and juice and muffins only and needed to keep asking for different things, where is coffee, cream. No hot food service at all and croissants and muffins and bagels were tired and dry. It was not the staff's fault. Some management decision created this situation and many, many people came into the room looking for 'paid for breakfast' and were disappointed. Not good! Some had to be seated at a counter type place becuz not enough tables.

close to rail station

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

the food service was bad they were rude and even after talking to someone that was running it. I still walked away unhappy with service. I would stay again. But i will never eat in the hotel.

i loved the pool area. and the sitting area

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

Loud extremely annoying guest last night of our visit. We had to call guest services. The handled it pretty well. The staff was excellent. Rude inconsiderate guest is what I didn't like.

I like how friendly the staffs were.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

I wasn't crazy about the fact that it didn't have a fridge or a microwave. I didn't like the bathroom shower and the water took to long to go down. I did love the hot water part. The fact that I could stay under it long enough and it won't turn cold. I'm not sure if they served breakfast in the morning and if it was included, but they never mentioned it. Also we didn't realize there was dine in selection till after the fact. I think as customer service experience you should always mention what comes with the room or what services are available.

I can say that the bed was extremely comfortable and the pillows where amazing. I usually bring my own pillow. I forgot it and that was fine this time.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

The elevators weren't working properly (but it looked like they were in the process of being fixed). The restaurant down stairs was not that great. The service, even for buffet, was dismal. We had to wait for 25 mins for a table, even though there were like 7 empty tables. Our server spilled coffee all over my wallet and just walked away. The eggs in the buffet were under cooked and the potatoes were over cooked.

Everyone greeted us with a smile.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

From my stay since February 18th - 20th, out of the 4 elevators only 1 was working. It made it very inconvenient for a lot of people including myself and my pregnant wife who had to use the stairs cause the elevators were down and that one took so long.

Everything was great from the shuttle ride to the hotel, to the front desk staff to the housekeeping staff. Everyone was polite.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The food in the hotel restaurant was exceptionally good. We had a very late dinner as well as two breakfast buffets. Everything was just right. The staff were very accommodating. They packed up our breakfast to take on the road. The pool and gym were really nice.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

The rooms were dirty, hair in the bathrooms, on rugs and one of the double beds the sheets were dirty. There isn't any complimentry coffee or tea and there is a charge for WiFi and parking.

It was close to the event we were attending.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

Hair in bathtub, on bathroom floor and washcloth from previous person staying in room.

Beds were very comfortable. Nice amenities and liked being given bottles of water at check in. Staff very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

• King Room - Hearing Accessible

Trip from FL to RI. Stopped 3 times going to Fl and 3 times coming back. Spent a little more as this was last stop to get pool and spa. Went to pool at 6:00 am and spa was not working. Went in anyway. Jewish man came stripped naked and came into spa. Told me it was morning ritual. So embarrassing. Found out later, spa was turned off for Jews to perform morning rituals. NEVER again. Also, listened to elevator all night, didn't sleep at all. Give me Econolodge anytime.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

The staff seemed very unhappy, especially in the restaurant. There were cots in my room when I returned, I did not request cots.

The shower head and the pillows were great

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

The shower in the room had black particles coming out of the shower head and the water was black. Couldn't take a shower during the stay.

They did work with us when my credit card wasn't working. They did accept all cash which I was very grateful for.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

• Executive Floor Queen Room

The shower drain was backed up and so was the toilet. It was a total mess. It was one mess after another. A big disappointment to pay that much money and not to have those things working . Don't know if I will ever stay there again. The girl at the front desk never put my rewards number in so I never got credit for the stay

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

• King Room - Hearing Accessible

Was not told that construction was going on in the lobby. Toilet didn't work well. Heat in the room barely worked. Not worth the money paid.

Liked the hot tub and pool. The staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Friendly staff who gave us a room because booking.com never reserved one for us they had no confirmation number matching the number we gave them that we got from booking.com. When I got home I had a charge from the hotel as well as a room charge from booking.com. Needless to say, we will not use booking.com again.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

They need to give customers slippers for the rooms so they don't have to walk around bare footed, not everyone likes that.

The bed was good the pillows are life

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

Everything we fine, parking is a little weird as far as checking in if you know how to find it

Good stop over point if you need a place to stay on the way to NYC

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

Didn't like anything very disapointed Doesn't have the standards of a Hilton Hotel

Was the worst Hotel I have ever stay. From the front desk to the howskeeping not friendly at all! The furniture are very old the carpet very dirty . I had very bad experience I am never going to stay there again.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was water in the tub when we arrived and none of the plugs fit our phone chargers

It was close to where we were going staff were nice room was comfortable

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

The hotel lobby is going through a large renovation. Even though it was like maneuvering a maze, the service was excellent.

The hotel was clean. Our room spotless.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The parking areas bit confusing but just follow the sign then you'll be good. There were construction going in the day but it didn't really bother it was neatly organized .

The staff were very friendly and welcoming. The service were good and very responsive to your requests.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• Queen Room

Mold in on the bottom of the curtains - water damage? Mold on the bathroom tile. Charge for parking in the attached garage.

It was all right. It did the job for one night but next time I would stay elsewhere.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

There is nothing anyone could like about it. It was dirty. People were having fist fights in front of the hotel. It smelled of cigarette smoke throughout. Worst of all they sold our reservation to other customers. That means when we arrived there were no rooms for us. They don't seem to know what a hotel is. Customers book and pay. The hotel provides the room.

This is without question the worst hotel experience I have ever had. One of the men at the reception desk was ok though.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Hos and Pimp all night long next door. Super thin walls. Phrase most often heard from next door, "do you have a curfew?" plus grind music and (can't repeat groans). Mis-direction by check-in staff. Claim that only one room was booked when 2 were booked at same reservation. Could not offer 2 rooms close to each other. Our rooms were 5 floors apart.

Close to the train station.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• King Room - Hearing Accessible

When I first arrived the first staff member couldn't find the reservation and gave no answer nor even attempted to help. Until another staff member asked how she could help, she extended her services by calling the booking .com number and then got the confirmation. The 20 plus mins of trying to get it resolved was not the anticipated reception I expected. It all worked out, but I thought we were going to have to leave and find another accomadations.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

I live here in Stamford. And my boys love to swim. So maybe twice a month we stay at the Hilton. The staff is awesome. They gave me a complementary breakfast due to the last stay, we were behind the elevator. And all night it sounded like I was in a tunnel. But I didn't complain I just informed the front desk about the situation. The lady was so understanding and very nice. Thank you guys very much. .

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The pool was not clean at the time we arrived. People left their garbage around. No towels. We ask for someone to come and clean the area and bring towels. They just brought hand towels! The room was not as big as I expected for 4 people. They left a set of two towels in our bathroom, knowing that we are going to be four.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The toilet and bath tub do not allow water to come down. For an expensive hotel like this, it's not acceptable.

Like the lobby and comfortable beds.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

They tried to charge me more than what i booked as with booking.com plus there was a coffee maker in our room with no coffee packs and it was very dusty along with the shelf it sat on.

The shuttel service and pool is about all i liked about it here

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Parking garage was a little confusing, filled up quickly. Hotel was very busy, always a line for the elevators.

Very friendly staff. Hotel restaurant and bar were great, open most of the night. Nice, big clean open reception area with cool lighting and ambiance. Gift shop had all the extras you would need.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was just OK. But it seemed that the rooms need to be updated. And was smelly and the carpet wasn't clean. Isn't worth it for the price. And around 11pm one of the housekeepers was cleaning the room next door making so much noise. I really didn't enjoy my stay there.

Staff was nice and the breakfast buffet. That's it!

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

I ordered room service twice and both nights, the food was terrible. Definately not worth the money for quality.also, I made two reservations online by accident. Totally inconvenient to come down the next morning and re check in.

Spacious and comfortable room

• Reviewed: 23 June 2016

Hotel needs a refurbishment. Room closet had no catch for the door. Baseboards need paint, walls need paint, electronics need updating as well. For the money paid, not a great value.

Location was convenient.

• Reviewed: 22 June 2016

didn't love the parking situation; i don't like walking through parking garages at night. a little scary

Staff was very pleasant, room was very nice and clean

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

I checked in on 6/17/2016 around 12:30 am, and the staff was not welcoming, it was like you had just walked up to a pharmacy to fill your medication, they answered your questions and checked you in. During the two nights I did not get a smile from anyone.

The bed was comfortable. Air conditioning was efficient. Fitness facility was adequate. There is a swimming pool. Room was clean. Hotel was clean.

• One-Bedroom Executive King Suite

My room was supposed whith jacuzzi I pay for my jacuzzi on my room and was not ,you need more organization ,my bank card don't even go true I have to run to my bank and get many ,my bank card was ok I don't know what happen at your location

the staff was nice and friendly ,and nice and clean

• Reviewed: 21 June 2016

All things considered, what I didn't like was so minor that it doesn't even bear mentioning.

just about everything...what I liked most, to be honest is the value. We travel to Stamford often to see friends and want just a place to sleep at a reasonable fee that does not double from season to season...we'll use you often !

• Reviewed: 21 June 2016

I was first put in a room just above a loud playing band and had to go down to the desk to be moved. The room I finally wound up in was dusty and had a dark stain on the rug in a very visible place. The elevators made a terrible sound and shook. Parking was a complete hassle....the garage is creepy, was full, and very confusing to navigate. I would not stay here again.

• Reviewed: 21 June 2016

Waited a long times long time for omelet chef. Was MIA for a long time. Teenagers were loud outside our room at midnight. Had to ask them twice to stop. There should be a special floor for rowdy teenagers.

Nice spacious hotel

All the additional taxes.

The comfort and coziness of the location.

• Queen Room

The room smelled like smoke and we had a non smoking room. There was no fridge in the room. What hotel doesn’t have that?!

• King Room - Hearing Accessible

Really had trouble with the tub we had to wait about 45 minutes for the tub to drain before the next person could take a shower

Very clean and the staff was friendly and helpful.

• Queen Room

Stamford Diner is a go-to for families,