Reviews of Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites 4 stars

198 East Delaware Place, Streeterville, Chicago, IL 60611-1719, USA

#79 of 146 hotels in Chicago

6.1

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

Maid service was a little late in the day. After getting back around 4:00 to relax and then get ready for the evening, our room was still not cleaned.

The staff was excellent. Had a problem with our air conditioning and it was fixed promptly by a friendly engineer. Also, the room was very quiet. Not something I see often in a hotel.

• One Bedroom Suite with Two Double Bed and Sofa Bed

I didn't like how we were treated at the restaurant in lobby. No 1 greeted us. then we talked to a man in suit (assumed it was a manager) about seating us, he rolled his eyes an said "let me clean off a table". But restaurant was 75% empty.

Beds were extremely comfortable. Rooms were spacious, even bathroom was a good size. Area is real nice, parks an trees all around. Beach area down the street.

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

Everything was fabulous including a super location. The only issue was there was absolutely no water pressure for the shower on the 26th floor. Barely trickled out.

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

Check in service at front desk. More energetic and friendlier people needed. Front desk let me know that they have nothing to do with Booking.Com. I feel I was misled on what the package included. No issue with the people at the front door.

The hotel was quiet. People at the front door were very friendly.

Sorry but the two rooms I had appeared dated, partially by design, the rest by normal wear and tear. I appreciate having a microwave available; however, it was practically on the floor and difficult to use. They could easily have installed a shelf and brought it up. The hand held shower in the handicapped accessible room had extremely low water pressure. And breakfast, it was modest with most of the basic necessities. No sausage or bacon, or meat of any kind. To me, it was pricey for what was provided.

The doormen and bellmen were excellent, taking good care of us. Beds and the room were comfortable.

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

No stand-out feature. Perhaps if there was some items of cutlery in the room. We has the convenience of a fridge in which to store small food items but no cutlery to use in consuming same.

I liked the location, friendly staff and clean facilities. My twenty-five year old son has learning difficulties and liked to use the IT equipment in the foyer - despite my taking his tablet which could have been used in our bedroom. I believe when staff understood his disability, they were kind and helpful towards him.

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Lake View

Unlike other hotels there was no free wifi , or daily water bottle given I booked a room overlooking the lake but the view wasn't that great , it was just a small view on the lake between the buildings. The gym equipment was new and clean but not a lot of options just treadmill, elliptical and bike with weights but no weights machines.

The location was really great , right of Michigan avenue . Also the rooms were a bit small but the furniture was obviously new .

• Executive One Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

didn't like the first suite we booked online. The 'lake view',. was a smelly, partial lake view, with dirty worn out sofa and chair. The toss pillows had their feathers coming out, and my wife's asthma was immediately activated. One call to the desk and we were promptly given a different room, however no lake view, and a handicapped unit. Some upgrades had been performed in the units but the soft goods were for some reason missed.

Location, high elevation for our room, and the staff was excellent

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Lake View

Executive lounge and fitness facility.

The 2nd floor executive dining not good. People in pajamas and dressing gowns and a zoo. Poor hors doeuvres and bad choice of wine.

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Disability Access

Walls were thin between suites. I could hear conversations in the next room.

Blenz coffee shop the woman running the shop was kind and lovely to each customer. Jasmine at the front desk too was quite help. The checkout person too, I think was Natalie, also one that would be sure to take care of you before she moved on.

• Suite with City View

Your website said book now and pay later at hotel.And, your website asked how I planned to pay and gave choices of Visa, mastercard, etc and one of the choices was cash. I chose cash because I pay in cash as much as possible. Your website said the hotel may pre authorize a deposit but that I could pay with cash. THIS WAS NOT TRUE!!!! They dont just pre authorize a deposit, you have to pre authorize the ENTIRE amount PLUS EXTRA. I had no card to do this with. I brought cash, my emergency credit card and the one I reserved the room with that had about $150 on it. I figured they would pre authorize about that much. NOPE! SO, I WAS 2 HRS AWAY FROM HOME WITH NO CREDIT CARDS!!!! The one I reserved room with is a netspend debit card. So, afyer charging $100 to the card reserved room wirh, $150 on my emergency credit card, I still needed $65 ON A CARD for them to hold.I walked around this strange huge city for over an hour til I found a place to load funds to the card. I finally gotchrckex in butnoticed an hour later that the front desk had charged not only the $65, BUT ALSO THE $150thar had already been put on hold on my emergency credit card. Now, 4 days later, I still have over $300 in pending charges cuz they did not use the funds on hold, they charged my card AGAIN for my entire room cost. This has caused me 5 overdraft items. Im not rich. I dont have an extra $300.

The view. The valet and bell hop employees were very helpful, nice and pleasant. The girl that took care of me at check in was extremely patient and kind.

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

The interior door connecting to the room next door - too much noise goes through them specially when your neighbor travelled with small children

Great staff - house keeping - room comfort. Location

• One Bedroom Suite with Two Double Bed and Sofa Bed

Unfortunately we had no view from our room

Great Location, spacious suite with sofa bed, clean, nice pool. Great breakfast at bbq restaurant on ground floor. We will come back

• One Bedroom Suite with Two Double Bed and Sofa Bed

It would be nice if the WiFi was included in the room cost. It is free if you are a Hilton honors member so we decided to sign up for it.

The mattress and bedding we so soft and comfortable. I love a soft mattress so it was perfect for me. My hubby likes his a little more firm but still liked it

• One Bedroom Suite with Two Double Bed and Sofa Bed

Having no hot water, a dirty room and extremely rude staff have made it indefinite I will not be staying here again.

The location was very central for all of our activities.

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

The unwillingness by the GM Carmen to accomadate me with an upgrade or equal value accomadation for the leaky room of which my husband and I were placed.

location was perfect,room was clean

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds - Accessible Bathtub

We had an issue with the fuse, blow dryer caught fire and staff didn’t seem too concerned. We had 4 little kids with us so it could have been a very unfortunate situation. It was disappointing for the price you pay that there was no continental breakfast.

View from the indoor pool was amazing!

• Studio Suite with Two Double Beds

This was a great location. We were close to lots of shopping and restaurants. We were right around the corner from the magnificent mile. The staff was friendly and the rooms are nice and clean.

• One Bedroom Suite with Two Double Bed and Sofa Bed

Hallways smelled like chlorine even though we weren't close to the pool. Room got a bit humid and stuffy, even with the air conditioning running.

Great location, very closet to the Magnificent Mile so it was easy to walk around the city.

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

Price point was a little high, but probably worth it for the attention to detail. Server in on site restaurant at breakfast couldn’t care less, and she should for the price they charge... (She needs to take lessons from the bartender)

Perfect location, amazing beds, wonderful staff; bar and restaurants on site, suite spacious and beautiful. Bartender was very personable and made us feel so welcome we came back the next day!

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Lake View

They stop serving alcohol to the room at 12am.

Extremely comfortable bed. Room service was quick and friendly. Great views lake and location. Valet parking made parking overnight a breeze.

• One Bedroom Suite with Two Double Bed and Sofa Bed

Our room was not cleaned on our second day, and on the third we had to request for it to be cleaned. For a large suite there was not enough towels and tea/coffee.

• One Bedroom Suite with Two Double Bed and Sofa Bed

Our stay was wonderful. Everyone was helpful and kind. I would recommend to anyone who is looking for a place at this location with a pool. Kids loved it.

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

They ask me for $500.00 more than what was on the website. I had the cost of the room tax and fees. But I didn’t have $500.00 more to give them.

Not much

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

there is starbucks at the lobby level which is fantastic. Also a great steak place downstairs. on 5 mnis walk is a lovely pancake place .. so cozy.. i loved it.

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

When I arrived to check-in into my hotel room, manager told me that there is no King Bed Suites left, even if I booked one (hotel overbooked). So I had to stay in Twin Bed Suite instead. So it was a little bit frustration right in the beginning of my visit. But overall stay was OK, hotel personal is very nice and we (me and my wife) even got a free breakfast after our stay.

Very clean room, nice beds, good breakfast. Nice view from windows. Great hotel personal.

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

Hotel Front of house staff need to be more friendly and welcoming. It is hospitality after all. Elevators noisy throughout the night. Climate control difficult to set and noisy.

Great bed. Independent restaurant very good.

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

Nothing at all. The shower water was cold. They messed up my room service order twice. They called my room at midnight over a $20.00 balance. I’m never staying there again. I stayed at Trump Towers and staying there taught me to never settle for less.

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

We arrived early and a room was ready!! Then I was so rude to go back down 2 minutes later to ask for a room with a tub and sure enough they were happy to switch us!!! That's service!!

• One Bedroom Suite with Two Double Bed and Sofa Bed

The inside staff😵😤😱😡. It was the worst first impression of a place you can have. The guy who helped me was disconnected from life period. Un understandable. I was charged a hold 100 on my card plus the room. I was not told this from booking .com or Hilton before i got there. The hilton showed no compassion. AT ALL. The sad part is. I think he was the manager. My room was smaller than the picture. 😣😣😣😵😵😣😞

The outside staff was the best. They opened my car door, and answered all my questions. Jose , did it, he was the best although i never saw his face due to the 1 degrees weather. Thank God for him.

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

The coffee could have been better.

The bed was comfortable, and the room was a nice size. I loved that it had a microwave and refrigerator included in the room.

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

Location, failure to mention of holding fee, ridiculous price of parking, dirty furniture, insects in the hall

This is by far the worst experience I’ve had with Hilton ever! I WILL NOT be returning to this location ever again

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

A huge cockroach looking bug was in my room, but hotel lied and said the carpet on my video recording is maroon when their carpet is gray. The carpet on my recording is gray. Hotel refused to compensate me then accused me of smoking in the room with no proof. No picture or smoke detectors going off. No smell of smoke, only accusations after proof them having a bug

A huge cockroach looking bug seen in my room

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

They take 100$ for each night as a hold when you check in. For example if you going to stay for 10 nights then they will take 1000$ hold when you check in. This is too much ! Also they are very slow in doing anything. I waited 35 minutes just to get a glass for the drinks.

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

The restaurant attached to the hotel was overpriced and unless you like the smell and taste of bbq day after day, you’d better find another place close by to eat and/or have a few drinks.

The bed was nice. Coffee was good. The suite was roomy.

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

The staff member that checked us in was rude. There was also nothing on Booking that said you need to be 21 to check in

The room was big and pretty nice!

• One Bedroom Suite with Two Double Bed and Sofa Bed

The second day we were gone most of the day but our room did not get cleaned. When housekeeping came by at 4 we set up a time to clean at 5:30 while we went out to dinner. The room was still not clean at 7:30 when we got back. Had to call housekeeping to come empty the timy trash cans and bring more towels. That did not happen the rest of our stay thankfully!

Great location to shopping and navy pier. Great view from the pool on the 30th floor

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

Dropping off and picking up is a little tricky. There isn't much room between other guests and cabs to pull up near the hotel.

The hotel was in a great location to everything we wanted to visit. The room and beds were comfortable. We would certainly stay there again.

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

The bed was super comfortable. Great for someone traveling with a pet.

Loved the staff, and the room was very homey. Didn't feel like a typical hotel.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

at the check in, the staff ignored the bookin.com and gave use the entire rate room for one of the 2 rooms booked They charged us in our credit card for guarantee quite the double of our entire rate rooms stay at the hotel instead of 100 dollar per night ( quite 1400 dollar for 2 room for 3 night - we were in busoness trip ) Further, we thought misunderstanding was solved, but in the invoice, one of the room we booked through the site was filled with the entire rate room as they gave us at the check in!!! We complained and they figure out the situation, but not very professional behavior.

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Lake View

For the amount of money we paid for the room I am disappointed to report we had no power to the outlets in the bedroom area. We also had a refrigerator that didn’t work and the telephone didn’t work. Our neighbor across the way had 5 children in one room with her. Overall I stayed here to have all the amentities and I am less than impressed.

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

Felt they gave us a room that was not in a great location in the hotel and when we wanted to change it the only option they gave us was a room with a connecting door

The rooms were modern and clean. The location was amazing. Next to Michigan Ave., Water Tower, Bloomingdales and Oak Street. One of the best Sushi restaurants is right there.

Had 2 maintenance issues with the room. The electrical outlet for the coffee maker didn't work.

Location was great. Size and amenities of the room were good also.

• One Bedroom Suite with Two Double Bed and Sofa Bed

Beds were not wide enough. Should have queen size beds not full.

Quiet and room was large enough. Staff was friendly and nice. Having Mirai sushi next door is genius!

• Suite with City View

It was clean. It was in a location which is less crowded compared to other hotels I've visited.

The location was to my liking. It was near most places I visited.

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

The key reader in the elevator took forever to work.

There was no free breakfast. There wasn't a breakfast at all. We had to eat breakfast at the southern comfort BBQ

• Studio Suite with Two Double Beds

My booking was cancelled as my card on my booking account was out of date - they informed me via email on the day of travel which I found upsetting as you would assume if someone is staying in a hotel they would be travelling. I didn’t get the email until later that night when I was connected to wifi

Location of the property and size of the room

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

I wish there was vending inside the hotel, the downstairs shop with coffee isn’t open 24 hours but the front desk clear did give us free water.

The bed was super comfortable, view of lake Michigan was beautiful and the staff were super helpful and friendly.

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

I typically stay more toward the center of Michigan Ave., so I felt this was a little far down for me. Wasn't bad at all just different from where I typically stay.

Room was very nice and roomy. Bed was nice. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

i did not like the badge swipe to move elevators it was pretty inconvenient. Parking valet was expensive but we found a parking garage near area that was cheaper.

I like the fact that there was a restaurant in the hotel, The breakfast/snack bar was a bit overpriced but overall great service. Room came with refrigerator and microwave which was a plus.

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

Please add some cutlery, even if plastic spoons and forks.

The room was very clean and the staff very friendly. The bed was soft and very comfortable.

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

I wish breakfast was included.

The hotel is very conveniently located and we walked to several attractions, including the River Walk, the Chicago Art Institute and Millennium Park. Comfortable beds, well decorated rooms and nice atmosphere. Safe surroundings.

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

Fab hotel for our Labor Day Weekend vacation! The One Bedroom King Suite had a great view and was well appointed. Great location close to everything!!! Will stay again!!!

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

Parking accommodations and the noise of guest running through the hallways being disruptive after midnight. Screaming girls.

The bed was amazing! Very comfortable!

• One Bedroom Suite with Two Double Bed and Sofa Bed

The rooms still have popcorn ceilings...othewise good. Parking was too expensive...and we would like to park ourselves and go to the car without having a valet. The chicken pot pie I ordered at your restaurant was awful...how disappointing. Other food was o.k.

The eggs were fine... and the bed was better than my own.

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

overall the room is clean but not that good at the details. For example, the desk beside my bed was covered by dust and never been cleaned during three days. One of the pillows was very dirty, the others were good. I have been stayed in over 10 hiltons in different countries. The clearness of this one is lower than the standard.

The check in was easy and the staff were very helpful. The location is the best, very near to many sites. The restaurant at the first floor was amazing!

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

Overall, a bit pricey for what you get - but comparable to other hotels in the area.

Great location next to John Hancock building with excellent access to all local amenities (Michigan Ave, Rush St, lake nearby). The room (King suite) was modern, quiet - and the bed was very comfortable. It had a nice bathroom with good water pressure. The subway (Chicago stop) is about a 5-7 minute walk - and there are plenty of buses/taxis available.

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

Wifi was only available for members of Hilton Honors - even in the lobby.

The location was superb. Having a 1 bedroom suite at an affordable price right downtown was key for us as we were traveling as a family.

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

Hotel and staff were very nice and accomidating but our room we could hear the pipes banging all night long and my baby didnt sleep at all. We didnt hear the pipes during the day.

• One Bedroom Suite with Two Double Bed and Sofa Bed

Not properly maintained. Rooms were dirty - bathroom wasn't cleaned properly. Beds were sloppily made. Things that were on the floor stayed there the entire time. Staff was not attentive - I was not treated like a guest - more like someone they could get money from. No one was friendly. The African American lady was so rude and condescending to me. The staff looked like they were burdened by you. It was definitely overpriced for the property.

The only good thing about this property is its central location. But there are other hotels where you'll pay this much but get cleaner, more maintained rooms. Everything was run down here.

• Studio Suite with Two Double Beds

The pool wasn't very big and there was not a whirlpool. We were looking for a hotel specifically with a pool so the kids can get their sillies out at night. I assumed there would be a jacuzzi, but there wasn't. It would have been nice to wind down while the kids were swimming. The hotel bathroom was dirty. :(. There were urine stains around the toilet and something on the bathroom wall. We stayed for two nights and switched rooms the second since the first room was kind of small for a family of 5 (alcove suite). By the time we got to the room and I noticed it was dirty, we were too exhausted to try and switch. I threw a towel over the urine stains and wiped the shower wall myself. I had my own Clorox wipes and wiped down the toilet before I let the kids use it too.

The staff at this hotel were beyond accommodating. Valet, bell men, front desk staff were very friendly and attentive. Service staff in between were great as well. They really made you feel "wanted" and not just because it was their job. They were very genuine.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

• Studio Suite with Two Double Beds

Staff went above and beyond. Room service staff were so nice. Early check in and late check out was wounderful as my 3 month old grandson was with us. Loved the stuido room, great for famlies.

• Suite with City View

Quite Frankly, I could not think of anything.

* The location was great (2 blocks from Michigan Ave and wright in the middle of the magnificent mile). * The room was spacious and clean.

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

We only stayed at this hotel because there was a door between living and bed room. The door did not close in the room! It was broken. Wasn't very clean, the dresser had something on it, under the coffee pot was dirty, the shelf in the bedroom was filthy. The staff at the desk said no more than 3 words and we had to ask for the elavator. They charge $67.00 to park. Robery!!!!

Bed and pillows were c Mfortable

Feather pillows!

Loved our hotel room and the space it allowed. Our three year old seemed like he was in his own room on the sofa sleeper while we were in the master bedroom. Hotel was centrally located and our only bummer was not eating at Southern Cut bc we didn't have time! We will be back.

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

The Internet didn't work outlets in our room did not work the phone in our room did not work when we called for help they did not come nothing was dusted so pretty much our stay there was Extremely unfortunate

Everything in walking distance

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

A better place to put your suitcase and stand but not bad.

Location and the Southern Barbeque Restaurant was awesome.A bit expensive but very yummy.Breakfast and dinner very good.

• Executive One Bedroom Suite with Double Beds and Sofa

The door to the bathroom was broken and very loud. They attempted to fix it immediately. The USB ports by the bed did not work.

Good size room. Very clean.

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Lake View

Cost of parking, no lounge or bar, front desk people weren't very knowledgeable, I could write my name in the dust on the bedside table.

Location was greatly

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

The furniture was extremely uncomfortable, especially after a long day of walking around. And the parking was a bit expensive.

This is in a great location for families. Parks are close by, American Girl is a block away, and you can enjoy the pool without worrying about the weather.

• One Bedroom Suite with Two Double Bed and Sofa Bed

Booked for 4 adults expected 2 beds 2 bathrooms but 1 bed & 1 bathrbathroom and sofa was used as bed . Staff told us all the rooms were occupied and only one is available with one bed though it was booked prior.

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

There was no place to sit outside and drink coffee in the morning or cocktail at night alone or quietly, without being in the restaurant.

The location was good, staff great, Starbucks great!

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

1. Need a bathroom on the first floor, It is difficult for me to manage stairs. 2. While the room housekeeping service was very very good, because of conflicting schedules (theirs and ours) we missed a day [and lived through it!].

The furnishings were great, I want to buy some. The restaurant was GREAT.

• Executive One Bedroom Suite with Double Beds and Sofa

Coffee in the room

The location is very convenient. The room is spacious for my family of 4. This hotel is located in a quiet streeet around the Magnificent Miles. Convenient but nice and quiet.

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

It was confusing about Internet charges on what selection and who pays. Fortunately the front desk explained to us perfectly. Giving the password access at checkin would have avoided this confusion

The staff was wonderful and very friendly. The front desk was very helpful on directions and answering all our questions.