Reviews of Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore 3 stars

2225 North Lois Avenue, Tampa, FL 33607, USA

#90 of 135 hotels in Tampa

It was not a good stay

Service was horrible. We have been going to this hotel for years and this was the first time that the service was so inadequate and horrible.

Beautiful room

When I first enter the hotel one of the CSR did not...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Everything was nice about the property

When I first enter the hotel one of the CSR did not acknowledge me when I first came in head was down the entire time until another young lady from the back came out to assist me . I just thought that was very rude for some to actually do something like that .

The hotel was old.

The hotel was old. The walls were dirty and chipped. The hotel smelled old. The ironing board was broken and wouldn’t stand. It was very underwhelming considering it was the Hilton.

Not good value
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Unfriendly staff, not helpful at all. After booking we called the hotel to make sure we gonna get what we asked for and when we arrived they said they have no record of the phone call and they don't have the room we asked for. After one night we checked out early and they wanted to charge us $75 early checkout fee. Not well equipped, the bar didn't have coffe not even cappuccino then they sent us to the corner shop to buy coffe from the coffe machine. Other friends stayed at smaller hotel and for halt of the price we paid they got twice as much as we did.

The hotel was run down.

The hotel was run down. Although I requested a higher quality room prior to checkin, I was placed in a room on the first floor near the end of the hallway. It seemed dark and intimidating.

Location was good, close enough to walk to the mall and...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Only the bartender was pleasant, the hotel is Blah.., just a pleasant place to sleep.

Location was good, close enough to walk to the mall and Raymond James Stadium for the Kenny Chesney concert.

Don’t follow my footsteps and make the same mistake

Mildew in tub/shower. Vent in bathroom has never been cleaned. Restaurant closed. Bar/lounge was only source of food; it reeked of stale beer. Ran out of toilet paper, never replenished, had to use tissues. Pillows were extremely flat, too soft. Parking fees to park your own car in the lot which was right outside the door. Towels were rough and thin. I told the front desk, no response. For the money, it’s a ripoff

Leaving

The staff was not attentive to request.
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible

The staff was not attentive to request..I asked for extra towels but when I returned they had cleared the used towels but didn’t replace any.. I found 2 towels and nothing else on my return no wash cloths etc. They did not vacuum the room when cleaning and did not replace sugar or cups when they cleaned the room.. since there is no delivery after hours I couldn’t have coffee or tea before bed.. just small nuances that were aggravating at the time..the concierge said the pool was heated.. the pool was icy cold, we did not go in

Served our purpose
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

Wasn't there long enough for dislikes, but would be nice if breakfast was included.

Walking distance to restaurants & Raymond James Stadium. Felt like safe neighborhood. Clean & quiet.

Booked through booking.

Booked through booking.com Checked in very loud run down room floor 5 called down to desk put us on 9th floor superb clearly the web deals are much less of a room

I will not stay there again!

I requested for early check in and get there about 2:30 & they did not have a room available. Drove around for about 30 min. Til check in at 3p and they still didn’t have a room available. Sat in the lobby for another 30mins watching others get their keys, so got back in line. They said they didn’t have any King beds available, so I ended up taking a double room. Which definitely isn’t enough room for 2 adults and the bed were very firm. But I was just ready to get in my room and shower because we had been driving for 9hrs.

Nice facility and was in a great location. It’s about 7mins from the stadium and 30mins to St Pete and Clearwater.

Elevator was not working.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Elevator was not working. Booked this location for nurse practitioner conference. No advantage to staying at location of conference due to not being able to go to my room on breaks as a result of broken elevator. With knee pain was impossible to repeatedly take the stairs. Also lobby bathroom was overflowing. We had to stand in long line for bathroom with water all over the floor

The room I booked wasn't available upon arrival.

The room I booked wasn't available upon arrival. Was placed in another room that was dirty! The staff told me nothing else was available until the next day! After complaining 3/4 times and being told that the manager will take care of it they never did! Later was offered a free breakfast because I was forced to stay on the dirty room because the room was booked through booking.com!! No free night No discount and No one came to clean the room!! What else is sad is that I had pictures and showed them to the front desk staff! Very disappointed

I plan on being in the area this fall and definitely will book again.

No Hot tub, but that is just a personal preference as I have bad knees.

My bed was amazingly comfortable - No low spots, just firm enough to be supportive, and not to warm. My housekeeping attendant was all over it. My room was well cleaned and stocked. Each time she saw me, she wanted to ensure everything was fine. And she was not intrusive. Front desk was also my concierge and they offered me complimentary transportation to and from local restaurants, To save me the trouble of parking. I was very impressed by their level of detail.

Nice weekend stay

The breakfast food was not the best, however I did find the croissants delicious.

They accommodated us with a comfortable King-sized room with laptop working desk and small refrigerator. The WiFi worked superbly and the onsite parking was free of charge with plenty of space. The pool area was beautiful but unfortunately it rained most of my stay so I didn't get to enjoy the pool. The downstairs bar and lounge (Cafe Breeze) is a nice place to enjoy food and drinks (my favorite plate was the chicken quesadillas). Renae, our server, made us feel right at home in Hilton daily. They also serve breakfast in the morning with an option of an a la Carte menu or buffet ($15). I didn't find the food (particularly the eggs and bacon) any different between the buffet and a la carte . The first day , I didn't bring water and snacks from the supermarket (which I recommend), so I had to rely on the Corner Pantry (the hotel convenient store), which is 5 times the price for everything particularly the $6 bottled water. This hotel is also conveniently located 5 minute from International Plaza and Bay Street, a place full of great restaurants and excellent shopping. I overall enjoyed my stay at the Hilton and would recommend and stay here again.

We booked 2 king rooms.

We booked 2 king rooms. It confirmed. We arrived at the hotel, the clerk didn't see the second room. When I showed him our confirmation he provided a second key. When we arrived at the second room we were surprised to discover two full size beds. When I called the desk I asked for the second king size room, he said there were none left. He said there was also no queen size rooms available. I expected more from The Hilton. Also the king size room carpet was stained. I will say, we slept confortably but I was disappointed in our service and lack of hospitality from the clerk.

Good but I could have been great.
    • King Room - Non-Smoking - Executive Floor

I did not like the fact that the room I booked online was not the room I received . It showed a spacious room with a sofa and a king bed. Apparently this hotel does not have that style room. I was disappointed but I made the best of it.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

May or may not stay again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I didn't like that the entire amount of the stay was put on hold on my account since I was sharing the cost with friends. I also didn't like that there was no free coffee or any kind of continental breakfast, especially for the price of the room.

Beds were comfortable and clean, staff was very accommodating and friendly

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

4 star pricing, 3 star value
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Shuttle availability. Crazy high prices for breakfast and in the pantry. Room carpeting was stained all over. Toilet tank cover was smaller than the actual tank. Obvious neglect and aging in the room. Very loud air conditioning.

The location was near the International Plaza. The bedding was nice..

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

Short walk to Raymond James Stadium!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Would have liked a complimentary breakfast.

The location was perfect - very close to many restaurants, shopping, and the football stadium. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Our stay was perfect and all was well.

Honestly it is no big deal however since I was requested to write something I felt that the buffet breakfast was a little over priced for what you got. There are some hotels out there include breakfast with a similar buffet included in the room price. Other than that all was well.

The hotel was fine and very well located for the purpose of our trip.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

DO NOT DO NOT STAY AT THIS AWFUL PLACE

I had a total of 5 beds at this Disgusting hotel, mold was on the ceiling. Soon as I sat down on the bed the railing broke, it smelled awful. I would prefer no one not to attend this hotel. When confronted the manager about the awful things he was rude. He still wanted us to pay for the room which we shouldn't have paid for anything with mold but he made an exception for the rooms with broken beds that didn't have to pay which was two rooms had the broken beds which was totally backwards. I will not return to this mess ever again

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Extreme loud construction noise in the Hotel :(
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking - Allergy Friendly

Extreme loud construction noise in the Hotel :( Also outside

The hotel was nice and updated.

The bed was extremely uncomfortable and hard.

The hotel was nice and updated.

Housekeeping did not make linen change or supply new towels.

Housekeeping did not make linen change or supply new towels.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

• Room with Two Double Beds and Bath Tub - Mobility Access - Non-Smoking

The fact that the beds that are suppose to be queen beds are actually full-size beds the beds are very small and uncomfortable

Enjoyable
    • King Room - Non-Smoking - Allergy Friendly

the sink was very slow emptying

bed was good

good overall

boring bland expensive breakfast

Really enjoyed our stay. We will return! Thank you

Shower didn’t drain

Great location, friendly staff, confortable rooms.

Clean safe area

No complimentary breakfast.

Clean safe area

Very bad internet

Very bad internet

Quick visit, but very enjoyable

Breakfast was delicious

it was better than my stay here last year
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

room was too close to bar area and quite loud late in the evening

the room was clean, and the bed was firm

Nice hotel near the airport and a large shopping mall
    • Room with Two Double Beds and Bath Tub - Mobility Access - Non-Smoking

Restaurant meal choice was very limited for such a good hotel

Really good staff. Very friendly and helpful.

The comfort of the room
    • King Room - Non-Smoking - Allergy Friendly

The fact that i couldn't get breakfast and the prices of a 20 oz soda and Aleve

The comfort of the room

Bed super comfy, speedy access with keys.

Stains on carpet floor, and unfinished drywall. Plus our room was thrown together at the last minute.

Bed super comfy, speedy access with keys.

My stay at the Hilton was a pleasurable one.

I didn't like the carpet in my room, it needed to be shampooed.

The bed was fantastic, the most comfortable bed I've experienced at a hotel.

Location and ease of parking

Location and ease of parking

Location to my meeting was good.

Hotel seemed a bit outdated. Not accustomed to this with most Hilton's I've stayed in.

Location to my meeting was good.

Great customer service and awesome stay!

Nothing it was great!

I've been going to this hotel 3 years for memorial weekend and it has always been an amazing stay.

Convenient location but rooms need renovation.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room was below average. There were large stains on the floor (room 501) and one of the box springs was sagging.

Easy parking. Lobby was nice.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Excellent in every respect.

Excellent in every respect...

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

Bed was too soft, We like a buffet breakfast;

Bed was too soft, We like a buffet breakfast; so we can get going quickly

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

Clean and great location.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Clean and great location.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

Nice Stay

No way to tell maid service to pass by the room

rooms seemed sound proof

• Reviewed: 24 May 2016

This hotel's location is perfect.

This hotel's location is perfect. Lots of restaurants nearby and the International Mall and Airport is close. Very quiet room. I have stayed here many times in the past and will continue to in the future.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2016

access to early morning breakfast, nice bar and pool area,...

The hotel did not honor my AAA discount for room because I booked through booking.com, even though I did not pay in advance, they said I did and could not get the discount once you pay in advance.

access to early morning breakfast, nice bar and pool area, complimentary internet

• Reviewed: 9 April 2016

Extremely impressed with the manager who took care of a...

Bed was hard. Hot water not available in the hand basin, and the mixer over the shower took a little bit of practice to avoid very hot or Luke warm. Very hot worked well on my sore back from the hard bed tho. I understood a daily rate from the reservation thru Booking.com and found out that it was in fact double that of what I thought it to be. At that rate, the hotel probably isn't good value for money as there are higher quality establishments in the vicinity for less money per night.

Extremely impressed with the manager who took care of a problem with pricing, which BTW I feel was probably more the fault of Booking.com than the hotel, in an instant. Location suited me to perfection. Food at the bar was above average and the beer cold and staff friendly. The attitude of the staff is to my mind a direct reflection on management and this is borne out by my interaction with the manager. Kudos to him for that. Wi Fi works well although the policy of having to pay $10 per day to get a premium service could be looked at.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2016

The shuttle and breakfast staff were very helpful.

They forgot to clean our room one day but management took care of it by immediately sending the cleaners to the room.

The shuttle and breakfast staff were very helpful.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2015

The hotel was close to everything we wanted to do.

Little to no complimentary items such as breakfast, managers special or newspaper for example. I could have spent the same money and stayed at embassy suites and received so much more.

The hotel was close to everything we wanted to do.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2015

For the most part things were pretty good.

The reason I was there was because I wanted to attend the Taylor Swift concert that was scheduled that night. I figured I would get a nice meal and have plenty of time to catch the shuttle to the site of the show. The restaurant and the bar were in one place. Their was one bartender who had to take care of everyone in the place. With the biggest star in the world about to hit the stage in less then two hours a little more then a mile away they only have one bartender to take care of everyone? She did a great job under the circumstances things were kind of cramped and the overall experience was totally unacceptable because of exceptionally bad planning.

For the most part things were pretty good.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2015

really close to raymond james

requested a plastic fork from the bar staff and they told me I would have to wait 15 mins

really close to raymond james love the late night bar love the small food shop

• Reviewed: 11 September 2015

The staff, the pool area, the upkeep of the property, the...

The staff, the pool area, the upkeep of the property, the rooms are kept very nice and of yes did I mention the staff. Very friendly and willing to go to the extra mile to make sure you are taken care of.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2015

Good room but no different than Hamilton Inn or Best Western.

No free Wifi, coffee in the room same as HI & BW but they also had free coffee in the lobby and small breakfast available. Went to Hilton for Quality and had to paid $50.00 more per night for more no free extras.

Good room but no different than Hamilton Inn or Best Western.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2015

The location and size of the room were nice.

The service was horrible, room was very dirty. Asked for a crib at 3 pm never got it, called again at 10 and never got it. Asked to speak to a manager got laughed at and left a voicemail and I am still waiting for a call back.

The location and size of the room were nice.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2016

bed was very comfy

pool had limited lounge chairs and was a bit 'soul-less'

bed was very comfy

• Reviewed: 3 May 2016

great location

staff was rude

great location

• Reviewed: 22 March 2016

TV CONTROL DID NOT WORK PROPERLY AND PAY PER VIEW DID NOT...

TV CONTROL DID NOT WORK PROPERLY AND PAY PER VIEW DID NOT WORK...ALSO ROOM WAS NOT IN TH BEST SHAPE AND CLEAN, IT WAS OK....

• Reviewed: 10 February 2016

Room smelled of smoke

Room smelled of smoke

• Reviewed: 6 February 2016

Facility was very clean and staff was very helpful.

Had to do laundry and dry cleaning. Was very expensive!!!!

Facility was very clean and staff was very helpful.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2016

The staff was very helpful and friendly

The staff was very helpful and friendly

• Reviewed: 3 November 2015

The staff was very friendly!

The staff was very friendly! Lacie was awesome , and went above and beyond to help my niece and myself feel welcomed!! She was the best!

• Reviewed: 15 October 2015

The pillows were awesome.

The pillows were awesome.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2015

Bedding was stoned and needed replaced.

Bedding was stoned and needed replaced. Rubbish left in room. Glasses and cups dirty at breakfast.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2015

Beds

Beds

• Reviewed: 5 June 2015

When they realized the issue we had in our room they gave us...

Everything was great.

When they realized the issue we had in our room they gave us some breakfast vouchers.

• Reviewed: 23 May 2015

Comfortable hotel - clean and convenient

No proper restaurant open in the evening

Comfortable hotel - clean and convenient

• Reviewed: 21 May 2015

Ambiance, reception very welcoming

House keeping not good and hot water wasn't consistent, hoodie room especially at nights.

Ambiance, reception very welcoming

• Reviewed: 25 April 2015

The price for breakfast was out of line, we thought.

The price for breakfast was out of line, we thought. Might want to rethink the pricing scheme..

• Reviewed: 31 March 2015

nothing for young kids. No trash bags in trash cans. Dinner was not very good.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2015

Beds to soft, no ice on the 11th floor, had to go to 1st floor. Would not stay again!!!!

• Reviewed: 28 January 2015

Friendly and understanding staff.

Friendly and understanding staff. I had an issue that needed to be resolved, it was immediately resolved.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2015

The bathroom was TOO SMALL!

The bathroom was TOO SMALL!!

There are also 48 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.