Reviews of Hilton Times Square 4 stars

#113 of 415 hotels in New York

Based on 1974 hotel reviews

5.9

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It says on the website that they provide robes and we did not have them. Then I read later that only if you ask but this was too late. For 4 people they only had 4 towels and 4 wash rags.

The room was extremely clean, pretty good size for Queen Beds. The Bell Hop was great. I ordered a electric scooter and the hotel stored it until I got there. The view from room 30th floor Times square was awesome. We seen the ball on times square and the Hudson river from our room. Amazing. We did not try the food. I liked the idea that there was a Police Officer outside our Hotel as we came out.

• King Room - Allergy Friendly

There is no free WiFi and you have to pay $13.99 or $17.99 per day, and PER DEVICE! I stay in a lot of hotels around the world and it’s difficult to find one that doesn’t give guests access to free WiFi in their rooms, and that asks you to pay per device. It feels greedy, like you are being ripped off. I also didn’t like the attitude of some of the people at the front desk. I called to ask for directions because the front door was difficult to find while carrying two pieces of luggage and navigating the crowds - I felt rushed off of the phone several times during my stay. If you don’t like people, you shouldn’t be in customer service at a major hotel chain in the middle of Times Square. That’s where you should have your A-Team.

The room was surprisingly spacious and the bed was very comfortable. The bellmen on the ground floor were absolutely lovely, I felt very safe leaving my luggage with them for the day. I also liked their bar, it was very reasonably priced for Manhattan. They hotel is also right in the heart of Times Square/Theater District, so very well located for tourists!

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Allergy Free

Restaurant never appeared to be open. More separation between check in, Bar, restaurant.

Staff were excellent. Room was good. I will ask for higher room, was on 24. Very clean. Can't say enough about the staff A++. And of course location, location, Location.

View from my room...

Did hope for a room on a higher floor as that was my request on booking but got one on the first level eventhough the hotel capacity is 20 floors maybe 30 odd rooms to a floor.

Everything was excellent!!!

The Hilton Times Square was located in the midst of New York City. The location was great. The staff were always smiling and very pleasant. The room was spotless. The view from the top floor was fabulous. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay in this hotel!!!

• Queen Room

Have to wait for and take 2 elevators to get to our room, one to lobby and second to rooms. Lobby is a bit of a bottle neck and it can be crowded with people with luggage standing in your way to get between the two sets of elevators. Lastly, the location is more my fault for not realizing it would be in the most crowded part of the city to get to in and out of in a cab/uber and get down sidewalks that are constantly a zoo. Some people might love the chaotic location so close to times square. We however, will stay more downtown going forward. Perhaps in another Hilton.

Room was comfortable, view was great. We thought it was very quiet on our floor. Amenities were good, ATM in business center.

for the price of the room a continental breakfast should be available free of charge.. we even were charged for a bottle of water !! 2 bucks!!

Convenient location..courteous staff..room was clean

• Queen Room

First room smelled like stale smoke. But they were quick to move me. Buffet breakfast is over priced for quality of food.

Large, comfortable rooms.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

When you walk in there, you don’t feel like you are right in the thick of the city. It almost feels resort like. The staff was excellent and extremely helpful. We were greeted by guest service representative Anthony who offered dinner suggestions and Broadway show ideas. He also gave us directions to a few different attractions. The bedroom was beautiful and the views were incredible!

• King Corner Room

The bathroom door was large so it made the bathroom a little cramped when it was open.

The Customer Service was excellent at check in. The Maids in the floor were very nice and helpful. The view was awesome and the bed was extremely comfortable. Room was very large for NYC. Perfect location.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

They say its at time square but in fact its just around the corner from time square. The staff are not that friendly nor are they professional, for the amount of money one pay in these hotels you would expect a better experince.

• Queen Room

The staff were all extremely nice and accomodating. The room was all it was promised to be. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean and just what we hope it would be.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Stain on mattress. The staff at valet was great but front desk was supposed to call for our call. We were told 40-45 minute wait. When we got to valet we were told the call was never mad. Very irritating when we had plans to be somewhere.

Location was excellent

• King Corner Room

Management seemed very indifferent to gift mix up sent to our room as it was our anniversary and our children sent us something through the hotel to our room and hotel mgmt said nothing was sent. My son said he paid $100 for it and was charged to his card. So I don't know why there was no record of this or the sentiments he asked to put on a card. Pure laziness and lack of consideration reflects on entire property. Not to mention the mix up on our car that we waited much longer than should have because staff forgot to send message that we wanted it. We like Hilton's normally and our son is an employee of Hilton. Pretty sure not to stay at Hilton times square again.

The madam at the reception did not even bother to give a smile Just normal Take your keys and that’s all No welcome words no smile

Esp the welcoming bell 🛎 boy was awesome He welcomed with a smiling face and we were just relaxed with his welcome

Nothing- coming home

How helpful the concierge Jeffery-was in helping us book a car to the airport and also arranging a surprise for our Anniversary while we were there. Also the room service bringing chocolates,water and turning down the bed each night. In fact all the staff were fantastic.

• Queen Room

Noise of the outside ac fans is always present. But I guess the entire city is like that.

Excellent location, nice staff, comfy bed, big TV, room had a nice size.

• Queen Room

The room is quite small for two people sharing (we're Mother and son) it should have been twin room also its quite expensive and no breakfast.

The bathroom/shower are nice and big and the room is clean

There is no electric kettle in the room. I’m travelling with my old mother and she needs hot water as the weather was so cold. We called the room service but they told us no kettle to borrow!!!

Spacious, clean

• Queen Room

When I booke the reservation through Booking.com, I requested a double-queen room, however, when I checked in, I was assigned a king room. When I inquired about the double-queen room, I was informed there were none available.

Overall, I loved everything and thoroughly enjoyed my stay!

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Allergy Free

Coretta, at the front desk, greeted us as though we were royalty. My sister and I brought our niece, Jeanne, to NYC to celebrate her 29th birthday and she loves theater. Jeanne has a Downs Syndrome and Coretta made sure that Jeanne had the trip of a lifetime sending up a chocolate birthday treat and checking in with us each day. Victor, with room service, was professional, friendly and nice. All of your staff was wonderful but these two impressed me the most.

Nothing bad

Our room has the best view to the New Years spheres, we imagine the excitement of that day 😃. Comfy bed, nice staff and the location are the best for transportation and shows.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The room was dusty. We booked months in advance and asked for 3 adjoining rooms but if I hadn't called the night before, we weren't even on the same floor. They did try to fix it but only got two rooms across from each other.

Our family loved our stay there! We had deluxe rooms on the 41st floor with stunning views which was why we wanted to stay there in the first place. The room was very large and comfortable. We spent a lot of time in the lobby lounge to gather with friends and family and meet other hotel guests. The staff were all very nice. It was super easy to park with the valet. Perfect location for families with kids to get to everything in Times Sq!

• Queen Room

The Hikton was centrally located in Manhattan so I could walk to the theater and restaurants . Facilities were outstanding and the bed was wonderful !

Bathroom door was weird and heavy to push shut.

The view was amazing and staff was very friendly. Comfortable beds and very neat as well. Overall a great experience.

My booking was changed without any information. When asked to compensate by giving a better deal for available room- they said take it or leave it. Paid same amount for an inferior room. Poor hardware in IT section, no one to support. Careless staff.

Arrogant Staff

Baggage check is downstairs if you arrive early. Check in is at 3 PM. Noon would be far more convenient. Although being in the heart of Times Square has many pluses, you're also in the hustle and bustle of everything. Of course NYC is more than Times Squares. This isn't a criticism - just an observation.

The hotel is located in the heart of Times Square. The value for the location was very good. Clean and comfortable room, nice shower, sleeping accommodations very good, and staff were professional. Wonderful view of mid-town Manhattan.

• King Corner Room

Being charged $20 by accident from the gift shop.

The comfy bed. The friendliness of the staff. The cleanliness of the entire hotel. Definitely will stay here again!!

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Allergy Free

Concierge desk wasn't always staffed at normal business hours. We had to ask the front desk for help a couple times. My breakfast card wasn't picked up outside my door so I had to call to get my order. It was brought up 10 minutes later but we were already running late. I only ordered the one time.

Good hotel in a great location. Doormen were very helpful and didn't stick out their hand for a tip. Cafe had good service although a bit pricey. I understand everything in NYC is very pricey.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

elevator to lower floor (parking, etc.) was slow and always full and valet was 60 minutes to get car. Way too long.

the bed was comfy. the views were nice.

Paying for Wi-Fi in this day is just ridiculous.. .why is this not included especially when it is with other hilton hotels in the city and you are paying service fees on top of hotel fees and city tax...does not make any sense...cheeky move. Bathrooms were good but could of been cleaner...new tile grout or something...was clean just worn. Should provide water in rooms or at reception like other hilton hotels in NYC do..confused about that.

Huge room...especially for NYC but seriously massive with fabulous views across times square and hudson river. Loved the hotel. Location could not have been better...right in middle of times square and surprisingly no noise in rooms at all. Very pleased

I didn't like arriving early and requested an early Checkin and had to wait over 6 hours to get a room . I am a VP of operations for a hotel management company so I know how these things work . I didn't receive any sense of urgency to get a room cleaved to put us in until after the 6th hour I told them what I do . It was very upsetting to say the least . We were staying for 6 days so I felt like they could have tried a little harder to get us in .

The Housekeeper Gwen was amazing ! She noticed it was my daughters birthday and we came back to a card and dessert from her . She went above and beyond and is s great asset to your team !! People like Gwen make you want to come back and visit your property again !

• Queen Room

Needed a place to meet for business and found the bar area too noisy, some private tables on the side will be useful.

Great attitude from staff. Helpful. Fast check-in and check-out. Location. Great room.

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

Surprisingly, I didn't found toothpaste in the room. They provide shampoo, lotion and body wash but no toothpaste.

Even the hotel is located in Times Square, one of the most famous places in the world, the room was surprisingly quiet. Just 2min walk from metro station. Also the price is affordable.

• Queen Room

A great place to stay. A lovely view from of he room and an incredibly comfy bed. The location is fantastic and in walking distance to a lot of attractions.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Very modern hotel in the heart of New York City's Time Square / Theater District. Clean, comfortable rooms with large windows, crispy and fresh sheets, large-screen TV, desk and all other standard amenities. The main lobby is located on the 15th floor where you can also relax or meet someone in the bar/lounge area.

The hotel is old and out dated; definitely not worth $300. night..... biggest rip-off I ever paid for an old, noisy room..... where NOTHING worked!

If anything the street level entrance at 42nd not so nice.

Clean , roomy , easy access .Very well kept hotel. Felt really secure at all times . Room had a very nice view of the city .I would stay here again for sure .

• Queen Room

WiFi is a joke . The one in the room is a rip off . 14.50 dollars a day and the free one in the lobby. Is a complete joke it keeps Knocking you off and won't let you reconnect . Every thing at the bar is just way to expensive.

Most things was very good

I was charged a unexpected triple rate(ridiculous) for staying 4 hours after checkout which I had arranged with the check in desk the day before!!! I shoud send you my bill to have it returned!!! Dr Nicolaou

Nothing at all.

Everything was just overall GREAT!! No problems at all. They were very helpful. It was very clean and comfortable. Also great location!

The hidden fees. I was hit with a 49.00 bill at the end for parking which I was not aware of in the beginning.

The hotel was absolutely fabulous. The hotel was very clean.

• Queen Room

Mixed feelings on the reception staff... Very unhelpful on check out regards a hold payment on incorrect card... Maybe just unlucky but for the price and standard of hotel I was disappointed by level of help... Regularly stay at other Hilton’s such as Glasgow & Paris where staff standard appeared more helpful

Room was top class... Very good cleaning service room always immaculate and very comfortable... Position of hotel was spot on... 2 mins to Times Square and approx 10-15 mins walk max to all other tourist attractions

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Mattresses need upgrading, but pillows were nice. there were no complimentary water bottle in room. Also some bottled toiletries were not new.

Our view was amazing. Staff was really nice. Good location.

• Queen Room

loud elevator next to my room with the lobby's wifi no skype not a single socket in the room for European plugs (but at least 10 US sockets) Toilet seat pretty used

Big nice room with terrific view (41st floor), very comfortable bed very friendly and helpful personel

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Was not told breakfast was that expensive until we sat down to eat told of $80 for 4 people very expensive because we only had fruit! for the price of the hotel for one night breakfast should have been included. The view I purchase was city view but we was not placed on the city side. Instead they place us higher up on the 40 floor . Could not get the Netflix to work on the tv the room temp was not cold enough to sleep got hot several times during the night

The bed was extremely comfortable. The staff were knowledgeable about the area (restaurants, subways etc) and extremely friendly. The hotel and lobby were clean and welcoming.

Views were not that great. I felt like you paid for the name Hilton and that was it. Had a much nicer room with walk in shower and great views for about 459.00 less last time I was in times square New York at a different Hotel.

The staff was very nice.

We booked through a third party and was not able to collect Hilton Honors points. Strange! All other Hilton properties on our trip (booked third party) we were given HH points. Shame-Shame! The parking fees are ridiculous! Per person fees crazy. Fees, Fees, Fees! Food not really that great for the money. Front desk and restaurant not so friendly.

Clean, good location, decorated nice.

At checkin, I was told the room looked over 42nd street. When in reality, it looked over industrial roof top

I like that the main lobby was upstairs, away from street. The room was very quiet

I think for the price something should be included breakfast etc... Highest I've ever paid to stay in NYC hotel in March ....

The staff was amazing Judy the hostess especially and Spairto the door man they were friendly professional and accommodating. My son and I travel into the city for his B-Day every year and we spend the weekend and this was the first time we stayed at the HILTON on 234 W42 St, and will definitely be back !!!!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I went with my family in the elevator and one person came in with a transsexual and started to address us with weird gestures, it seemed that the person was addicted or drugged.

Excellent hotel and customer service friendly atmosphere convenient location Restaurant food was excellent Room was very clean and comfortable I would definitely stay again

The view of the city (south side} was incredible and the location was great; just 1 1/2 blocks away from Times Square. The bellmen and housekeeping staff were extremely helpful and courtesy.

• Queen Room

Perfect location - right in the heart of Times Square. Hotel staff are very friendly and helpful. Rooms are clean and cozy. Would definitely recommend.

Wifi connection was NOT free!! 😡

Location and room were perfect!!! Unless you are a Hilton member the wifi is not free. A little frustrating and inconvenient

• Queen Room

There is no free internet in the rooms. Also, the staff are not that friendly. The ladies do not give you even a piece of smile althought smiling is for free.

I liked the location. It is very good near to time square. Just one minute walk from it. The hotel in fact is good. The main problem is that they do not give internet connection in your rooms. If you want to connect to the internet you have to purchase ( buy ) it. But if you want free internet connection you can go to the lobby and have the access for free. I enjoyed staying at this resturant. Also, it is near to the train and bus station; just 3 minutes walk from the bus station. Fhaid Alsubaie 🇸🇦🇸🇦🇸🇦🇸🇦🇸🇦🇸🇦🇸🇦🇸🇦

I enjoyed my stay 😊

Our shower knob was stuck and we called the front desk. I waited about 15 mins until a gentleman came up to fix it. They offered us free wifi for the trouble which was really nice. I appreciated that.

• Queen Room

The accommodations and service are top notch as you would expect. The whole staff was courteous and helpful through the duration of the trip. Location was great just a short walk to the broadway shows, time square, and some great restaurants.

Temperature was not set at Heat so was at first was very cold in the room until we played with it enough to make it comforable. In the winter months the cleaning service should have it already set on Heat at a comfortable temp.

Liked the security late at night to go up to the lobby floor to ensure we were guests not just some people off the street. The shower was a dream. The beds were firm but comfortable. Location was incredible & loved that Applebees was connected for late drinks & breakfast.

• Queen Room

The location of the hotel is perfect. The room was big with a great view. Staff were friendly and everything was great. I would use this hotel again.

Free WiFi only available in the public areas, $13.99 for 24hrs in your room is pretty steep.

Brilliant location, big spacious rooms (king corner room).

Not a thing!

Perfect location and excellent staff! Also the rooms were comfy! Loved that I was able to store my luggage after check out so that we could do more exploring before heading to the airport.

• Queen Room

Upon arrival, the staff said they didn’t have my booking, then found it. They then tried to double charge me taking an insane amount of money out of my bank account that I have yet to get back, and not once did anyone apologize.

This hotel is right in the middle of Times Square and I loved that! It was very clean and there was a good view no matter where you were.

• Queen Room

Kitchen closes at 10 pm. There is no 24 hour coffee shop like other five star hotels.

Rooms were big.very clean. Centrally located. They guide you properly.

Had an issue were my room was not serviced on a particular day. Raised this and the manner in which it was dealt with was exceptional. Spoke to the manager who was polite, accepting of the error and willing to make up. Excellent, would stay again!

My boyfriend and I loved our room and the location was excellent. The staff was welcoming and the bartenders were great as well. I would definitely stay there again!!!

• Queen Room

The non availability of early check in, for guests who are coming from long hours flight, eventhough I had advised in advance when booking. It’s exhausting to travel 14 hours, and wait an additional 7 hours in the lobby because my request was not taken in consideration. The staff did not even try to find a solution by noontime. I was checked in at 2 pm although I had arrived at 8 am in the city and 10 am at the hotel. I am aware of the rules, and that is why I had send a request. Never received a response from the hotel, prior to my arrival, on my request, nor did the hotel make an effort to accommodate the request on the spot, at my arrival.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Allergy Free

The room smelled of mildew that radiated from the bathroom. When I did a sweep of the room, I found undergarments belonging to a previous guest. The safe in the room was not working, when I requested attention I was told someone would come to help me but no one appeared. Sandpaper towels. Wifi isn't free. Room service plates in the hall right next to the elevator.

The rate for the size of the room was acceptable. It's in the heart of Times Square. The view was nice.

• Queen Room

We chose the Hilton because some of the lower price offers had hidden fees. The Hilton had a competitive rate without the fees. The room was large and comfortable, the view were terrific, the location was in the center of everything. The rooms were modern and attractive, the staff always friendly. Loved our week stay.

Access to the lobby and than to the rooms... Dogs barking in my floor locked inside the room. Not a nice View...

Great location... Clean rooms... Starbucks is right at the lobby.... Nice bar...nice housekeepers ...great location for Kids to have fun.... Pizza place right on the side ...

When we checked in, after 13 hours of travelling..the lady on the desk handed us the keycards to our room and did not tell us what room number we were staying inor how to get to it. She just told us where the lift was. We thought that was pretty poor customer service especially travelling so long and paying over €1800 to stay there to be greeted like that

The location and great view from window in the bedroom

We were awakened by the cleaning staff, walking in on us at 8:30!!! Then again at 10:00 when I was standing by the door and they didn't apologize! Don't they know when we check out?

I did not like the feather pillows & feather duvet covers. I have allergies and ended up at Walgreens buying allergy medicine.

The restaurant was amazing! Food was excellent! Room service was fun for the kids. Rooms were quiet, too, despite all the hustle & bustle going on down below.

• Queen Room

We got a poor welcome to the hotel, the staff member that checked us in wasn't welcoming or overly helpful when we arrived at the desk. All other staff members during our stay were very helpful.

Location was superb and our room was really clean and very stylish. Our stay was also excellent value. Really nice hotel.

Browse Hilton Times Square traveller photo gallery